PDA

View Full Version : THE CAGE Lifters

Pages : [1] 2 3

Animal
10-17-12, 4:35 pm
Who do you fellas want to see lift in The CAGE in 2013? Who has earned a spot to put on a show within the four walls? Of course it can be members of the current Animal Crew or even world class lifters not associated with us (as we're always looking for new blood). If you have any suggestions, post them up here in this thread.

deanna7272
10-17-12, 4:39 pm
Skiba's Crew (just off the top of my head...)

Animal
10-17-12, 4:44 pm
Skiba's Crew (just off the top of my head...)

Good crew. We could look at some Westside guys too.

deanna7272
10-17-12, 4:57 pm
Good crew. We could look at some Westside guys too.

Oh most definitely... (I didn't mean to slight Westside) I just know that I am always blown away when Henri brings the crew over...

Love watching Sam Byrd, Richard Hawthorne, Higa, Ben Seath, the bros vs pros contests, Stan Efferding not to overlook Ambre, Jessica, and DLB to round out the bunch... ((Please forgive me if I have overlooked anyone, this is a quick thought...lol))

The strength and power that those chosen bring to The Cage always triples the excitement of the weekend...

GUNS
10-17-12, 5:40 pm
A pro and bro vs a pro and bro

Garrett vs anyone in OHP!

Seath vs Pantera, Seath raw, Pantera can go single ply!

Big Al

Mike Van Wyck

P

The list could go on...

Mr. Dead
10-17-12, 6:16 pm
Alison McWeeny...

GUNS
10-17-12, 6:19 pm
Alison McWeeny...

Very good call brother! I cant believe she is not an Animal athlete already?

deanna7272
10-17-12, 7:16 pm
Alison McWeeny...

Yes... Thoroughly impressed with this young lady!!

mritter3
10-18-12, 7:25 am
Def Sam Byrd, seath, higa, love the pros vs bros stuff, the rhino is a must as well

Hollow
10-18-12, 9:29 am

Now this one, this one would be very entertaining!

P Diesel
10-18-12, 10:15 am
Alison McWeeny...

i think i put a vote in for her last year at both the O and the arnold. id really like to have her, inspiring athlete. id gladly give up my spot to give her sum time

P

P Diesel
10-18-12, 1:35 pm
we can always invite mhp over and have ANIMAL vs mhp. HIGA can take on his boy Brian Shaw, im sure GUNZ will b up for benching against anyone they have. Seath and Byrd, not gettin out squatted. Big D is over ther w mhp now, would b good to see him back in the cage pullin.

P

J Wong
10-18-12, 3:31 pm
^^that sounds good.

I want to see Dan Greene in there pulling

Aggression
10-18-12, 4:15 pm
Big D is over ther w mhp now, would b good to see him back in the cage pullin.

I miss that dude.

Aggression
10-18-12, 4:18 pm
While we always like to get our athletes involved in the lifting, we also like to reach out and bring in the freaks in the game. Over the last few years, we've had The WestSide crew, Scott Cartwright, Richard Hawthorne, Stan Efferding, and others that I may have missed. Our Animal guys will definitely be involved. But what about pulling from the rest of the outsiders? Anyone out there hitting it big right now? Anything impressive that comes to mind?

Just saw a video of Eric Spoto bench 600lbs, going from bar weight to 600lbs in 30 secs ...

Animal
10-18-12, 4:33 pm
While we always like to get our athletes involved in the lifting, we also like to reach out and bring in the freaks in the game. Over the last few years, we've had The WestSide crew, Scott Cartwright, Richard Hawthorne, Stan Efferding, and others that I may have missed. Our Animal guys will definitely be involved. But what about pulling from the rest of the outsiders? Anyone out there hitting it big right now? Anything impressive that comes to mind?

Just saw a video of Eric Spoto bench 600lbs, going from bar weight to 600lbs in 30 secs ...

Let's see some vids.

Mr. Dead
10-18-12, 4:38 pm
Not a video... Put a pic is worth a thousand words...

http://powerlifting.in.ua/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Alison-McWeeny.jpg

Shukin
10-18-12, 4:54 pm

Let's see some vids.

Here you go ;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9I0uVqE5Is

Shukin
10-18-12, 4:59 pm
I like P Diesels idea, it would be cool to see Shaw, Poundstone or who ever else is there and not competing in the Arnold Strongman event. If Tony Harris is back in the states, that dude is f'n impressive.
That chick that benched in her bikini last year that Higa caught on video.......lol

I would also like to see someone like P Diesel go against Arron "jewbacca" Singerman from RX-Muscle.

naturalguy
10-18-12, 5:06 pm
I would also like to see someone like P Diesel go against Arron "jewbacca" Singerman from RX-Muscle.

What would make you think this would be a good matchup? P Diesel is an elite lifter, I don't even know who this other guy is but I think he's a physique competitor

G Diesel
10-18-12, 5:12 pm
What would make you think this would be a good matchup? P Diesel is an elite lifter, I don't even know who this other guy is but I think he's a physique competitor

Who? Against P Diesel? What just happened?

I'm not really into that subculture. But is he a strong guy?

Peace, G

Shukin
10-18-12, 5:30 pm

He is actually a pretty strong guy and it would get some some coverage on Rx's vids and radio, and cause I like to see P smoke him.

Shukin
10-18-12, 5:36 pm
How about Barbie Barbell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBFlvqaDsEs&feature=relmfu
This is an old video but the chick is super strong.

Shukin
10-18-12, 5:39 pm

Quick question for clarification, is it about drawing a crowed and having something to be remembered or an elite lifting competition?

G Diesel
10-18-12, 5:50 pm
Quick question for clarification, is it about drawing a crowed and having something to be remembered or an elite lifting competition?

Ah OK, I see what you're getting at... General "exposure".

I think it is a balance. We want to have events that draw a crowd, but we want to have it gain attention for the right reasons. In an ideal world, those who lift at The Cage should represent a certain ideal (in and out of the gym). So if you're a great lifter, but a douche, then The Cage isn't for you. Just as if you're a great guy but a shitty lifter, it wouldn't be a good fit for an exhibition.

Peace, G

Shukin
10-18-12, 5:57 pm
So if you're a great lifter, but a douche, then The Cage isn't for you. Just as if you're a great guy but a shitty lifter, it wouldn't be a good fit for an exhibition.
Peace, G

lol, thanks for the clarification G. I don't think he is a total douche or Dave wouldn't have made him his right hand man, than again who knows. I do know that Jay Cutler responds to his tweets, really. I think he does off the wall stuff to gain publicity and make a name for him self, love him or hate him more people in the industry know him more than 90% of anyone else. However this is the place for this discussion.

I hope your post makes it clear for others as well, to give what you say some serious thought before suggesting.
Respect,
Shukin

rbowman91
10-18-12, 5:59 pm
I wanna see The Ant pull that crazy ass weight. Also a re-do of Sam Byrds no handed squat would ne great. Missed that part last time. I think i was watching the show at the main stage when he was doing that. Had no idea

rbowman91
10-18-12, 6:02 pm
I like P Diesels idea, it would be cool to see Shaw, Poundstone or who ever else is there and not competing in the Arnold Strongman event. If Tony Harris is back in the states, that dude is f'n impressive.
That chick that benched in her bikini last year that Higa caught on video.......lol

Lol P Diesel would wreck that dude. A giant like that needs a more equal opponent.

naturalguy
10-18-12, 6:37 pm
He is actually a pretty strong guy and it would get some some coverage on Rx's vids and radio, and cause I like to see P smoke him.

Lol P Diesel would wreck that dude. A giant like that needs a more equal opponent.

Exactly, it wouldn't be much of a contest

GUNZ
10-18-12, 7:45 pm
A pro and bro vs a pro and bro

Garrett vs anyone in OHP!
Yea I'm def down to hit some OHP!! DBs or barbell

Big Al

Mike Van Wyck

P

The list could go on...

we can always invite mhp over and have ANIMAL vs mhp. HIGA can take on his boy Brian Shaw, im sure GUNZ will b up for benching against anyone they have. Seath and Byrd, not gettin out squatted. Big D is over ther w mhp now, would b good to see him back in the cage pullin.

No doubt I'll bench with anyone, I'm not the biggest MOFO but LB for LB I'll roll with anyone. We know Seth and Byrd gonna do it up on squats.

P

^^that sounds good.

I want to see Dan Greene in there pulling

Dan stay at my crib for Clash for Cash meet in NO when he broke All Time WR, I can def talk to him. His deads are sick, posted a vid couple days ago of 840 pull he freakin competes at 220!!!!!

Let's see some vids.

Great ideas going around, but I like the Animal vs. Like Gaspar or MHP in some events. Even Animal vs Universal to get both crews in their.

P Diesel
10-18-12, 8:37 pm
I miss that dude.

as do i

P

P Diesel
10-18-12, 8:38 pm
Not a video... Put a pic is worth a thousand words...

http://powerlifting.in.ua/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Alison-McWeeny.jpg

EXACTLY what im talkin about. what.the.fuck crazy respect

P

P Diesel
10-18-12, 8:42 pm

haha, maybe its my ignorance in regard to the industry and no offense to this fella but i dno who he is.

P

Shukin
10-18-12, 9:16 pm
haha, maybe its my ignorance in regard to the industry and no offense to this fella but i dno who he is.

P

And i mean no offense to you at all, he is just a high profile reporter I guess you would call him, and he is about your hight. So to draw more of a crowd I thought for shits and giggles it would be interesting to see a lift off, but of all the suggestions so far this one drew the most negative attention.......lol

P Diesel
10-18-12, 9:51 pm
And i mean no offense to you at all, he is just a high profile reporter I guess you would call him, and he is about your hight. So to draw more of a crowd I thought for shits and giggles it would be interesting to see a lift off, but of all the suggestions so far this one drew the most negative attention.......lol

hahaha, all good shukin.

P

deanna7272
10-18-12, 10:43 pm
I miss that dude.

Yep...

naturalguy
10-19-12, 7:58 am
EXACTLY what im talkin about. what.the.fuck crazy respect

P

Yeah Alli is amazing. She actually did lift in The Cage a few years ago

deanna7272
10-19-12, 9:30 am

The first I had seen her was when I watched the live feed from the Cage at the Olympia... I know she was going to try to get to Cbus in 2012, but plans fell through... ;(

Also, someone had mentioned Barbie Barbell (Amanda Harris) she is actually competing in a "Bros vs. Pros" contest (for RX Muscle, I believe) at the Europa Sports Expo in Phoenix tomorrow...

Shukin
10-19-12, 9:35 am
Also, someone had mentioned Barbie Barbell (Amanda Harris) she is actually competing in a "Bros vs. Pros" contest (for RX Muscle, I believe) at the Europa Sports Expo in Phoenix tomorrow...

She is crazy strong.

naturalguy
10-19-12, 9:37 am
The first I had seen her was when I watched the live feed from the Cage at the Olympia... I know she was going to try to get to Cbus in 2012, but plans fell through... ;(

Ah, don't get me started on their Bros vs Pros.............................................. ...............

Shukin
10-19-12, 9:41 am
Ah, don't get me started on their Bros vs Pros.............................................. ...............

due tell...........lol

naturalguy
10-19-12, 9:45 am
due tell...........lol

You sure you want to get me riled up????????????

It's a blatant rip off of our Pros vs Bros. We did it first at The Cage, they copied it and claim that they were the originators of the idea without crediting us.The beauty of the internet is that everything is dated and in public view so they lied. Plus they have bastardized it, it's not supposed to be about money.

GUNS
10-19-12, 9:50 am

It's a blatant rip off of our Pros vs Bros. We did it first at The Cage, they copied it and claim that they were the originators of the idea without crediting us.The beauty of the internet is that everything is dated and in public view so they lied. Plus they have bastardized it, it's not supposed to be about money.Agree, we all knew The Cage was first. No matter, copies are never as good as the originals!

Animal
10-19-12, 9:54 am

It's a blatant rip off of our Pros vs Bros. We did it first at The Cage, they copied it and claim that they were the originators of the idea without crediting us.The beauty of the internet is that everything is dated and in public view so they lied. Plus they have bastardized it, it's not supposed to be about money.

True, but many companies have been "influenced" if you will by The CAGE, including many you'll see at the Arnold. The CAGE has really made its mark, not just on consumers, but other supplement companies and industry organizations.

Agree, we all knew The Cage was first. No matter, copies are never as good as the originals!

Like Animal Pak, the one true original.

naturalguy
10-19-12, 10:08 am
True, but many companies have been "influenced" if you will by The CAGE, including many you'll see at the Arnold. The CAGE has really made its mark, not just on consumers, but other supplement companies and industry organizations.

Like Animal Pak, the one true original.

True however Rx took the same exact name and then went on their website and claimed that they originated the concept. That is a big difference than just copying the idea.

deanna7272
10-19-12, 10:16 am
You sure you want to get me riled up????????????.

(((GULP)))... Ummmm no?

We have all seen the "others" try to recreate (chuckles) something that has been forged by Universal/Animal... I don't think they understand the outreach that U/A has and the respect that is given to the name, or wait, should I say that they DO know the reputation that U/A has and are trying their damnedest to emulate.... and THAT, my brothers, will NEVER happen...

P Diesel
10-19-12, 10:24 am

E, lets see if we can get her in the mix.

P

P Diesel
10-19-12, 10:26 am
True however Rx took the same exact name and then went on their website and claimed that they originated the concept. That is a big difference than just copying the idea.

they could have at least changed the name and tried to cover it up

P

Shukin
10-19-12, 10:59 am

What you say is fair, they say imitation is the biggest form of flattery, just proves you guys are doing things right.
Respect

Shukin
10-19-12, 11:01 am

But we don't care what they think correct? You said it yourself in another thread.

Mr. Dead
10-19-12, 11:13 am

ITT we rustle NG's jimmies...

Shukin
10-19-12, 11:21 am
How is this for an idea based of of the most quoted line in the Godfather; "keep your friends close and your enemies closer", invite them to the cage for a lift off for charity. Let them do some of the leg work Publicizing the event. My reasoning, even further exposure via their videos and podcasts. You might even have their staff go against your staff......

Just a thought.

naturalguy
10-19-12, 11:26 am
How is this for an idea based of of the most quoted line in the Godfather; "keep your friends close and your enemies closer", invite them to the cage for a lift off for charity. Let them do some of the leg work Publicizing the event. My reasoning, even further exposure via their videos and podcasts. You might even have their staff go against your staff......

Just a thought.

They don't exactly fit with Animal, they are into the whack pack and all that sensationalized stuff, not our style.

I like your idea but would rather do it with someone like MD or Flex plus they have a far greater reach, Rx has a very small niche audience.

Animal
10-19-12, 11:27 am
But we don't care what they think correct? You said it yourself in another thread.

I'm stating a fact that The CAGE has influenced others, not that I care what they think.

Animal
10-19-12, 11:30 am
They don't exactly fit with Animal, they are into the whack pack and all that sensationalized stuff, not our style.

I like your idea but would rather do it with someone like MD or Flex plus they have a far greater reach, Rx has a very small niche audience.

Good point. If we bring outsiders in, they have to share our values and our thinking.

P Diesel
10-19-12, 11:41 am
in addition to the fellas, we have touched on it but def give the girls puttin in the work sum shine, Amanda, Jess for sure if her ham is healed from last years arnold, Allison (u know im pullin for her to be present), my girl Shyane from bb.com badass and strong.as.fuck. no one look for pub, jsut liftin for the love of the game, hittin it hard like us

P

rbowman91
10-19-12, 11:47 am
tell Van Wyck i'll challenge him in Glute-Raises to failure

G Diesel
10-19-12, 11:54 am

Just a thought.

I'm in the industry and I never go to their site, nor do I know anybody who does, so I can't really speak with any authority on the subject.

For what it is worth, I hated how Palumbo and Romano acted on MD back in the day... Somewhere in between fugazi TV gangsters and TMZ. And that, at its essence, is the antithesis of Animal.

Peace, G

P Diesel
10-19-12, 1:33 pm
Somewhere in between fugazi TV gangsters and TMZ. And that, at its essence, is the antithesis of Animal.

u can take that to the bank G

P

D-NUTZ
10-19-12, 11:35 pm
Always look forward to a Sam Byrd event.

HIGA MONSTER
10-20-12, 12:55 pm

I'm stating a fact that The CAGE has influenced others, not that I care what they think.

I'm in the industry and I never go to their site, nor do I know anybody who does, so I can't really speak with any authority on the subject.

For what it is worth, I hated how Palumbo and Romano acted on MD back in the day... Somewhere in between fugazi TV gangsters and TMZ. And that, at its essence, is the antithesis of Animal.

Peace, G
Boom. Post of the day...

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
10-20-12, 2:21 pm
This has turned into one of the most insightful threads into the philosophies behind Animal and the cage I have been apart of. Having yet to physically attend one, only participating through the webcast and the forvm, living vicariously through others who have had the privilege to attend, I can't fully comprehend its experience. It is if I heard of, read about, seen pictures of durian fruit, it took eating and digesting it to develope my own opinion. This year I plan to change that.

Respect,
Shukin

G Diesel
10-22-12, 9:18 am
Always look forward to a Sam Byrd event.

No doubt man. Definitely one of the most awe-inspiring lifters on the planet.

This has turned into one of the most insightful threads into the philosophies behind Animal and the cage I have been apart of. Having yet to physically attend one, only participating through the webcast and the forvm, living vicariously through others who have had the privilege to attend, I can't fully comprehend its experience. It is if I heard of, read about, seen pictures of durian fruit, it took eating and digesting it to develope my own opinion. This year I plan to change that.

Respect,
Shukin

You will never be the same, my brother... It is definitely something that needs to be experienced.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
10-22-12, 9:20 am

Would ya be mad if MHP called their booth the "Cage"?

Shukin
10-22-12, 9:50 am

LMAO, stirring shit in here as usual.....love it.

naturalguy
10-22-12, 10:05 am

You wouldn't want to see my reaction

P Diesel
10-22-12, 10:34 am

any company can call their booth the cage, have a pros vs bros, start a barbell club and call me susan if they feel so inclined. what they fail to realize is that being unoriginal makes them look pathetic. cheap imitation is not sumthin to b celebrated. our following at ANIMAL knows well the difference between what we represent in and out ofThe Cage and the glitz and glam of the countless shabby others.

we were the first, perfected over time and growing larger every year. far from a minute idea or ideal. The Cage carries a force the has a reach far beyond the name or the Arnold weekend. that cannot b bought or stolen.

P

G Diesel
10-22-12, 10:48 am

Honestly, I wouldn't think twice about it. It would be an admission of submission, maybe even something of an homage.

Imitation is the finest form of flattery. Always has been. Everyone else in the pack follows the lead dog.

Peace, G

G Diesel
10-22-12, 10:49 am
any company can call their booth the cage, have a pros vs bros, start a barbell club and call me susan if they feel so inclined. what they fail to realize is that being unoriginal makes them look pathetic.

Amen. QFT.

Peace, G

P Diesel
10-22-12, 1:42 pm
so now that is all settled .. back to who u would like to see showcase their skills in the cage.

Hawthorne is w house of pain from what i see, always a favorite but who knows what his availability will be.

westside barbell, it would b almost disrespectful not to have them at sum point that is their stompin ground more then ours. seminar from louie?

forgot about bobby 'powerswitch' previously. dude's intensity is off the fuckin hook, thse that have seen him know what i mean.

i still think there are sum ladies that have earned sum tick in the cage, amanda, jess, allison, shyane. spoke w lil shy last night, doubled 355 raw and has been in the strength game for only a year at this point.

the newest ANIMAL athlete Garrett GUNZ is sure to b a crowd favorite.

Sam Byrd, my southern homey. the dude can do no wrong in the cage. wild mutha fucka

HIGA and his strongman exhibitions are always the shit, his big samoan ass

Seath will have an enormous squat number in him by the Arnold. perhaps Platz' record as well?

Head to head matchups? Invites from other companies?

P

World Eater
10-22-12, 3:14 pm
Not that I'll be there but if I ever get to watching the vids like last year, I'd love to see Powerswitch, Hawthorn and Stan Efferding again...

C.Coronato
10-22-12, 3:29 pm
So many guys around the industry, but few have earned the right to perform in The Cage.

Byrd is always sick to see, insane intensity.

HIGA vs P was dope. Blood bath doesnt hurt.

I'd like to see more raw shit that is impressive. Strong man type maybe.

Universal Rep
10-22-12, 4:02 pm
Invites from other companies?

P

Why invite other companies?

P Diesel
10-22-12, 4:32 pm

nonANIMAL athletes like we have in the past

P Diesel
10-22-12, 4:35 pm
I'd like to see more raw shit that is impressive. Strong man type maybe.

car deadlift for reps in the cage. would b hard to pull off but it would be a never before seen event for the cage up close and personal for the fans, usually only viewed from a distance. i have experience with the apparatus, as does HIGA, jsut watched Byrd in Tennessee's Strongest Man hit a car dealift for reps.

P

Universal Rep
10-22-12, 4:44 pm
nonANIMAL athletes like we have in the past

The CAGE often features non-Animal lifters... But only 1x in my memory where another company wuz involved... So why involve another company at all, as opposed to non-sponsored lifters? Just wonderin wut ur thinkin is...

car deadlift for reps in the cage. would b hard to pull off but it would be a never before seen event for the cage up close and personal for the fans, usually only viewed from a distance. i have experience with the apparatus, as does HIGA, jsut watched Byrd in Tennessee's Strongest Man hit a car dealift for reps.

P

If there wuz a Universal booth, could lift the VW van, haha...

P Diesel
10-22-12, 5:03 pm
if its there sumoen will lift it

P

P Diesel
10-22-12, 5:08 pm
and personally i would welcome an athlete like Big D back into The Cage to lift with me any time. regardless of the company he is with. thats just the kinda guy i am i guess, comradery among athletes i respect, as well as a former brother, extends outside the cage sumtimes.

who else we lookin at? its kinda quiet, we have sum big names and others not so well known. what events? what lifts? lets think outside the box. car deadlift is on the table
P

GUNS
10-22-12, 6:29 pm
How about getting the train axle from iron sport and having it in the cage for people to come in and try to lift it in pairs! Have it available to anyone that wants to try it out.

naturalguy
10-23-12, 8:32 am
The big question is how long will P Diesel's beard be by March???????

deanna7272
10-23-12, 9:46 am
How about getting the train axle from iron sport and having it in the cage for people to come in and try to lift it in pairs! Have it available to anyone that wants to try it out.

I volunteer Ghost to carry it through the venue.... But hey, we have had huge ass stones in there (Higa's Crew) so I am sure the axle is do-able...lol

GUNS
10-23-12, 9:51 am
http://youtu.be/OGmHoWrenqY

It weighs 1480lbs!

GUNS
10-23-12, 9:53 am

And will it look as good as mine?

Animal
10-23-12, 9:58 am
Let's all remember the roster has not been finalized yet. As fans and members, let's hear why you think certain lifters should be in The Cage in 2013. There are only a few spots and each spot must be earned.

naturalguy
10-23-12, 10:04 am
I volunteer Ghost to carry it through the venue.... But hey, we have had huge ass stones in there (Higa's Crew) so I am sure the axle is do-able...lol

He would do it, this is how Ghost brought in the chains this year:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/IMAG0582.jpg

P Diesel
10-23-12, 10:57 am

long

And will it look as good as mine?

and glorious

P

Shukin
10-23-12, 11:01 am

It weighs 1480lbs!

looks like 2 people the same hight is best.

P Diesel
10-23-12, 11:05 am

It weighs 1480lbs!

id love to have that there, would b a sight to see. its huge and a tough transport tho from iron sport to cbus. maybe a circus DB if we are lookin for sumthin eccentric. im still pullin for car dead

P

Universal Rep
10-23-12, 1:58 pm
Let's all remember the roster has not been finalized yet. As fans and members, let's hear why you think certain lifters should be in The Cage in 2013. There are only a few spots and each spot must be earned.

Any idea when the decisions will be handed out?

P Diesel
10-23-12, 2:01 pm
Any idea when the decisions will be handed out?

it wasnt until Feb last year. we have lots of time

P

Universal Rep
10-23-12, 2:03 pm
it wasnt until Feb last year. we have lots of time

P

The rumor is the planning is startin earlier this year... The invitations could go out well before February. Besides, if the lineup aint decided until Feb, then it leaves wut, a week or two to get the word out there? Aint nearly enough time IMHO... The CAGE schedule should be settled by January to get as much buzz goin...

GUNS
10-23-12, 2:04 pm
id love to have that there, would b a sight to see. its huge and a tough transport tho from iron sport to cbus. maybe a circus DB if we are lookin for sumthin eccentric. im still pullin for car dead

P

I agree that it would be a bit of a haul. But hey, we are Animal, let's not rule this out, CAN DO!
Love the car idead! Ive always wanted to give that a try!

Animal
10-23-12, 2:29 pm
The rumor is the planning is startin earlier this year... The invitations could go out well before February. Besides, if the lineup aint decided until Feb, then it leaves wut, a week or two to get the word out there? Aint nearly enough time IMHO... The CAGE schedule should be settled by January to get as much buzz goin...

With luck, send out as many official invites as possible before January 1st. That gives us about two months.

deanna7272
10-23-12, 3:54 pm
He would do it, this is how Ghost brought in the chains this year:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/IMAG0582.jpg

And 2 years ago....lol.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/ASC%20and%20Cage%202011/503.jpg

GUNS
10-23-12, 4:40 pm
long

and glorious

P

You better start putting some grey highlights in there! Hahahaha!

J Wong
10-23-12, 7:02 pm
In 2014...I will call out Sam Byrd for a squat exhibition. I am probably going to get spanked (not literally), but it would be fun!

naturalguy
10-24-12, 10:21 am
And 2 years ago....lol.

I just assumed that Ghost walks around Detroit like that on a regular basis

Seath308
10-25-12, 1:32 am

The CAGE often features non-Animal lifters... But only 1x in my memory where another company wuz involved... So why involve another company at all, as opposed to non-sponsored lifters? Just wonderin wut ur thinkin is...

If there wuz a Universal booth, could lift the VW van, haha...

Lets invite other companies and there athletes to go Head to Head against Myself and my Animal Brothers in a pre-determined lifting event. Why???... Why else? To show the fans at the EXPO that not only are our supplements the best but that Animal Athletes are the best also! Personally I hear a lot of hard talk from a couple rival company's athletes but no follow through. This would be a great way to see who is all talk and who is all walk.

500 Pounds Squat For a Max Rep.

BigChrisF
10-25-12, 2:26 am
Hawthorne is w house of pain from what i see, always a favorite but who knows what his availability will be.

P
http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/blogs/hardcorepowerlifting/hostile-corporate-takeover-reported-at-house-of-pain-ironwear-rick-brewer-locked-out-of-his-own-offices-by-his-new-partners/

It seems that the business partners that Rick brought in to HOP fired him and are going to cease athlete and event sponsorship. Damn tragedy to have your life's work taken away like that.

Shukin
10-25-12, 7:29 am
http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/blogs/hardcorepowerlifting/hostile-corporate-takeover-reported-at-house-of-pain-ironwear-rick-brewer-locked-out-of-his-own-offices-by-his-new-partners/

It seems that the business partners that Rick brought in to HOP fired him and are going to cease athlete and event sponsorship. Damn tragedy to have your life's work taken away like that.

This is a derail, how does that even happen?

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 9:05 am
Lets invite other companies and there athletes to go Head to Head against Myself and my Animal Brothers in a pre-determined lifting event. Why???... Why else? To show the fans at the EXPO that not only are our supplements the best but that Animal Athletes are the best also! Personally I hear a lot of hard talk from a couple rival company's athletes but no follow through. This would be a great way to see who is all talk and who is all walk.

500 Pounds Squat For a Max Rep.

... and wut happens if Animal loses? Then by ur logic, the competitor's supps are better.

Seath308
10-25-12, 10:23 am
... and wut happens if Animal loses? Then by ur logic, the competitor's supps are better.

In a 500 pound squat for max rep I'm willing to take that risk! What I said about supplements I meant as a general reference, we already claim that our supps are the best out their correct? The lifting event would solely be on who is the better athlete. We already have Pros vs Bros. why not have Animal pros vs "Company X" Pros? It would draw a huge crowd, give us a chance to prove something and i guarantee that the fans at the expo would be more than pleased with the competition.

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 10:31 am
In a 500 pound squat for max rep I'm willing to take that risk! What I said about supplements I meant as a general reference, we already claim that our supps are the best out their correct? The lifting event would solely be on who is the better athlete. We already have Pros vs Bros. why not have Animal pros vs "Company X" Pros? It would draw a huge crowd, give us a chance to prove something and i guarantee that the fans at the expo would be more than pleased with the competition.

Check the history books brotha...

Frankly, I dont understand why youd want other supp companies on the same stage as Animal. If The CAGE is the premiere event at the Arnold as everyone is sayin here on the FORVM, why give another company the limelight? Whats the benefit to Animal? As opposed to finding a world-class athlete who is not sponsored by another company?

P Diesel
10-25-12, 10:33 am

agreed, im with Seath.

P

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 10:40 am
agreed, im with Seath.

P

Meh, its not Seath's "risk" to take...

Seath308
10-25-12, 11:37 am

I love to represent animal and everything we stand for. I'm willing to throw 500 pounds on my back, squat the weight till my legs feel like jello, i start seeing spots and I'm on the verge of passing out..... I'm not taking a risk?

Altered Beast
10-25-12, 11:43 am

I'll be calling his partners ASAP. I already called them and gave my mind to the guy there running it.

Not sure how much good it will do.

All of us serious lifters should show up there and cause some hell!

Greedy corporate piece of shit assholes. Anytime you take on a big partner, as an entrepreneur, you have to understand they are eventually going to buy you out or in Rick's case, get rid of you ASAP.

Rick must have given them the Managing Partner/General Partner status (very dumb idea, this might not be the case). That is how it's done legally. If Rick and the other three partners are all General Partners, Rick can be voted out 3-1. Rick should have never given them GP/MP status to prevent this exact thing from happening.

From what I understand, Rick approached them. Therefore, they probably said, "If you want us in, you have to grant us General/Managing Partner status". This is all hypothetical, but I am a third generation Entrepreneur and have worked in several Limited Partnership companies including my current job at one of my family businesses. I know this situation very very well and its shitty beyond words when partners disagree to a radical nature.

I really truly wish there is something I could do. I deeply loathe corporations and the government for this very reason.

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 11:45 am
I love to represent animal and everything we stand for. I'm willing to throw 500 pounds on my back, squat the weight till my legs feel like jello, i start seeing spots and I'm on the verge of passing out..... I'm not taking a risk?

For sure, that physical risk is all yours. Layin it on the line, spilling ur blood and guts. Win or lose, you put up a great weight. Win or lose, it's ur pride on the line...

The risk Ima talkin about is the consequences of havin u or any other Animal athlete lose to another supp company's athlete... That's the potential risk Animal has to bear, that Corporate has to bear, so its ultimately their decision. So Joe Consumer walks in, watches Company X's Athlete crush an Animal Athlete in The CAGE on the Animal's home turf. Joe Consumer leaves thinkin, 'Geez, I oughta go over to Company X and see what they're sellin..." They come into our house and flat out beat us? What'll that mean to anyone who ain't an Animal fan?

Altered Beast
10-25-12, 11:47 am
agreed, im with Seath.

P

As am I, even though I'm not a sponsored Animal lifter. At least not yet =)

You're thinking whats best for the company and have some anxiety due to the Gaspari incident. What should have been made clear is that the Gaspari guys were on 2-4 different kinds of testosterone/hGh at high doses, most of our guys were not.

*It is time Uni/Animal step up to the big time. If this means beating out another company's lifters, so be it! It's cheap and won't cost Universal a dime as opposed to heavy marketing/advertising campaigns.

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 11:49 am
As am I, even though I'm not a sponsored Animal lifter. At least not yet =)

You're thinking whats best for the company and have some anxiety due to the Gaspari incident. What should have been made clear is that the Gaspari guys were on 2-4 different kinds of testosterone/hGh at high doses, most of our guys were not.

*It is time Uni/Animal step up to the big time. If this means beating out another company's lifters, so be it! It's cheap and won't cost Universal a dime as opposed to heavy marketing/advertising campaigns.

Exactly. That "incident, will those lifters who participated in it ever forget? Anyways, dont matter. Wut ur sayin would sound like sour grapes or like Animal wuz makin excuses if they brought up reasons why they lost. That ain't right either.

Altered Beast
10-25-12, 11:54 am
Exactly. That "incident, will those lifters who participated in it ever forget? Anyways, dont matter. Wut ur sayin would sound like sour grapes or like Animal wuz makin excuses if they brought up reasons why they lost. That ain't right either.

No no no no! Far from sour grapes. I'm worried about us developing a chip on the shoulder or an inferiority complex.

We should shake that off any way we can. A victory would benefit Universal/Animal more than any dollar amount in marketing ever could, if it's properly and carefully planned.

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 11:58 am
No no no no! Far from sour grapes. I'm worried about us developing a chip on the shoulder or an inferiority complex.

We should shake that off any way we can. A victory would benefit Universal/Animal more than any dollar amount in marketing ever could, if it's properly and carefully planned.

Hahaha, yeah... But ya can't guarantee a victory in a contest with equal competitors. So why take the risk? So far, I havent heard a single compellin reason as to why Corporate should/would...

GUNS
10-25-12, 12:00 pm
For sure, that physical risk is all yours. Layin it on the line, spilling ur blood and guts. Win or lose, you put up a great weight. Win or lose, it's ur pride on the line...

The risk Ima talkin about is the consequences of havin u or any other Animal athlete lose to another supp company's athlete... That's the potential risk Animal has to bear, that Corporate has to bear, so its ultimately their decision. So Joe Consumer walks in, watches Company X's Athlete crush an Animal Athlete in The CAGE on the Animal's home turf. Joe Consumer leaves thinkin, 'Geez, I oughta go over to Company X and see what they're sellin..." They come into our house and flat out beat us? What'll that mean to anyone who ain't an Animal fan?

Agree here! So why not do it in a neutral place. Corporate could get with Arnold folks to get something like this set up. On a stage! Not just Animal against one company, but numerous companies! Leave the Cage to our own! Higa and Seath have a good rivalry going, I know we can come up with others for the Cage!

Altered Beast
10-25-12, 12:01 pm
Hahaha, yeah... But ya can't guarantee a victory in a contest with equal competitors. So why take the risk? So far, I havent heard a single compellin reason as to why Corporate should/would...

It's time to step it up to the big time and become Numero 1. It would get the entire industry talking about Uni/Animal and would make the Cage the ultimate place to be at any event.

If this is what it takes to get there, so be it!

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 12:01 pm
Agree here! So why not do it in a neutral place. Corporate could get with Arnold folks to get something like this set up. On a stage! Not just Animal against one company, but numerous companies! Leave the Cage to our own! Higa and Seath have a good rivalry going, I know we can come up with others for the Cage!

That's an ambitious plan but interestin for sure...

But gettin back to the CAGE, why not the highest profile, non-sponsored lifters? Surely not all the best lifters are sponsored by other supp companies...

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 12:02 pm
It's time to step it up to the big time and become Numero 1. It would get the entire industry talking about Uni/Animal and would make the Cage the ultimate place to be at any event.

If this is what it takes to get there, so be it!

Unless Animal lost... Then the opposite, eh?

Altered Beast
10-25-12, 12:03 pm

But gettin back to the CAGE, why not the highest profile, non-sponsored lifters? Surely not all the best lifters are sponsored by other supp companies...

It doesn't generate the buzz it should. Street cred, yeah. BUT, brand vs brand always sells!

Altered Beast
10-25-12, 12:04 pm

At least we took a chance! Any publicity is good publicity.

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 12:05 pm
At least we took a chance! Any publicity is good publicity.

True. Big risk yields big rewards...

It doesn't generate the buzz it should. Street cred, yeah. BUT, brand vs brand always sells!

Meh, Im not sure I agree. Put in two pound for pound great lifters and have 'em compete head to head... That's the story that sells the most. Company vs. company is far less compelling IMHO... Unless ur a supp company fanboy that is. Only the fanboys care about that stuff.

Altered Beast
10-25-12, 12:07 pm
True. Big risk yields big rewards...

Meh, Im not sure I agree. Put in two pound for pound great lifters and have 'em compete head to head... That's the story that sells the most. Company vs. company is far less compelling IMHO... Unless ur a supp company fanboy that is. Only the fanboys care about that stuff.

In terms of sales to the masses, oh it most definitely sales! To the lifters and the loyalists, maybe not as much. But I'm thinking from a corporate sales standpoint.

GUNS
10-25-12, 12:09 pm

Agree here, bring em to put on a show!

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 12:15 pm
Agree here, bring em to put on a show!

So lets post up sum names of lifters we'd like to see in the CAGE for the first time...

GUNZ
10-25-12, 12:19 pm
So lets post up sum names of lifters we'd like to see in the CAGE for the first time...

Im good friends with the guy "Dan Green" all time WR total holder in 220 weight class raw and one of the best deadlifters on the planet. 827 meet pull and 835 gym pull!! and he looks like a freak

J Wong
10-25-12, 12:22 pm
Im good friends with the guy "Dan Green" all time WR total holder in 220 weight class raw and one of the best deadlifters on the planet. 827 meet pull and 835 gym pull!! and he looks like a freak

I honestly think he is the best overall raw lifter out there right now across the board.

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 12:23 pm

Solid pull no doubt about it... Pass the info on to Corporate brotha. I believe they are compilin a list.

Altered Beast
10-25-12, 12:33 pm

Dan also just squatted 815 RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!! at Jesse Burdick's Gym recently.

Universal Rep
10-25-12, 12:40 pm
Wut about fellas like Ryan Celli or Jesse Kellum?

Seath308
10-25-12, 12:46 pm
Joe Derousie Top ranked NPC Super heavy weight bodybuilder. Joe will be going for his Pro Card on November 17th at NPC Nationals. To top it all off Joe can squat and dead in the mid 700's and bench over 500 RAW!!!

http://youtu.be/3G7Di1Cwot4

GUNZ
10-25-12, 12:47 pm
Wut about fellas like Ryan Celli or Jesse Kellum?

I just competed again Kellum at Clash, hes 46 years old still kills it but only does 1 meet a year! Hes about 1 hr from where I live, its possible to get him to squat just not sure if hes training right now. Ryan Celli is recovering from some type of lower back disk problem, was planning on doing Raw Unity but he said wating on ok to start squatting again.

Seath308
10-25-12, 12:48 pm
This video was about 6 weeks ago

http://youtu.be/eq_FtG3SKkw

P Diesel
10-25-12, 1:28 pm

so we play it safe and only schedule lifters we can beat? or keep it in house so an ANIMAL lifter always wins? with great risk comes great reward. id love for U Rep to support or at least have faith in the athletes

P

Altered Beast
10-25-12, 1:38 pm
so we play it safe and only schedule lifters we can beat? or keep it in house so an ANIMAL lifter always wins? with great risk comes great reward. id love for U Rep to support or at least have faith in the athletes

P

I second that.

C.Coronato
10-25-12, 2:09 pm
Dan Green is a FREAK wow. Anybody have any info on him?

Seath308
10-25-12, 2:11 pm

P

Yeah after reading the comments again its pretty discouraging to see that U Rep has little to no faith in the animal Athletes.

J Wong
10-25-12, 2:27 pm

http://dgreentraining.blogspot.com/

There is his new training log. He has the strongest 220 raw with no wraps total @ 2,030 lbs. All legit lifts..no question marks surrounding the quality of his lifts.

GUNZ
10-25-12, 3:24 pm

I talked to him earlier today, I got info. Let me know. Current WR holder raw (no wraps) 220lb weight class, and at Super Training meet next weekend plans on smashing All time WR (with wraps total)! Freaky look and strongest in world currently at that weight class.

BigChrisF
10-25-12, 3:53 pm

I wasn't intending to derail. I was just pointing out that Richard Hawthorne's schedule may be freer than previously thought.

BigChrisF
10-25-12, 3:55 pm

P
Generally speaking, no one schedules to play the champs for the homecoming game.

I would like to see Vince Urbank brought in for a deadlift competition.

Aggression
10-25-12, 4:02 pm
I put all my faith in my Animal brethren to bring home the 'W' at any point in time. Seath, P-Diesel, Byrd, HIGA, Gunz? C'mon now.

Firefist
10-25-12, 5:25 pm
Just my personal opinion, Im pretty sure win or lose, no one is gonna really gloat about company competition. The gaspari thing was a charity event, and a damn good one at that, with a combined 3 grand going to a really good cause. I've talked to Hide a few times since then, with him knowing I'm a huge animal fan.... he only has had great things to say about that event. I doubt any of the gaspari guys were going home or sitting in corporate meetings talking shit about winning a charity event. Like I said, not stepping on toes or riling anyone up, but I really dig the head to head company events, especially if we can benefit awesome causes like Hire for Heroes or Wounded Warriors.

I would love to see the ant pull, and as D mentioned earlier, the westside guys would be fuckin sick to get in there.

GUNS
10-25-12, 5:43 pm
Talia VanDoran

Bruiser
10-26-12, 7:54 am
How about a PL competition between Seath and PanterA...

Bruiser
10-26-12, 7:55 am
Talia VanDoran

That's a great suggestion! The LBEB crew is amazing!

Hollow
10-26-12, 7:56 am

This would be Awesome!

Seath308
10-26-12, 9:57 am

Well at least there would be no "risk" of the Animal Athlete losing!! Lol I would only need my squat and deadlift to beat his total.

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 10:00 am
Well at least there would be no "risk" of the Animal Athlete losing!! Lol I would only need my squat and deadlift to beat his total.

Don't flatter yourself. I can out bench you and my Squat and deadlift are not too far off from yours and only after less than two years of Powerlifting =)

Aggression
10-26-12, 10:02 am
Don't flatter yourself. I can out bench you and my Squat and deadlift are not too far off from yours and only after less than two years of Powerlifting =)

You're actually right. Your squat isn't too far off from Seath's when it comes to how many more inches you have to bury it for it to count.

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 10:03 am
You're actually right. Your squat isn't too far off from Seath's when it comes to how many more inches you have to bury it for it to count.

Training and the platform are two different things my friend.

Aggression
10-26-12, 10:05 am

How would you know?

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 10:07 am
How would you know?

I'll find out soon enough.

C.Coronato
10-26-12, 10:10 am

What are best gym lifts now? Raw DL, Raw Bench, and Raw Squat?

Hollow
10-26-12, 10:11 am

Though this may be true that you've accomplished this in less then two years, I can't help but notice that Seath is a mere 22 years old. Where will his numbers be when he's 29 years old?

Just something an old guy would think of...

Aggression
10-26-12, 10:11 am

How would you know?

Makes definitive statement about the difference between training and platform

Has never competed on a platform

http://cdn.epicski.com/a/a0/a0560b4d_NotSureIfSerious.jpg

GUNS
10-26-12, 10:14 am
Don't flatter yourself. I can out bench you and my Squat and deadlift are not too far off from yours and only after less than two years of Powerlifting =)Shirted vs his raw! Oh and not far off in a 1 ply! When you gonna step up and hit something raw! You should not compair yourself with raw lifters! Who can you compair to in 1 ply's?

Seath308
10-26-12, 10:37 am

http://youtu.be/-SSVrsQzd18

Seems like a long time ago lol Single ply 1st generation rage X. Still in my teens at around 245-250 Bodyweight. ...., lol Lets see you best bench PANTERA.

Seath308
10-26-12, 10:39 am
Ben, its a dead link.

Fixed it!!! Lol check it out! Brings back old memories!

Nix0r
10-26-12, 10:51 am
Makes definitive statement about the difference between training and platform

Has never competed on a platform

http://cdn.epicski.com/a/a0/a0560b4d_NotSureIfSerious.jpg

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/111/967/My-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

Aggression
10-26-12, 10:52 am
SpiderMan Pic

I've grown very fond of the spiderman memes.

Animal
10-26-12, 11:05 am
Just my personal opinion, Im pretty sure win or lose, no one is gonna really gloat about company competition. The gaspari thing was a charity event, and a damn good one at that, with a combined 3 grand going to a really good cause. I've talked to Hide a few times since then, with him knowing I'm a huge animal fan.... he only has had great things to say about that event. I doubt any of the gaspari guys were going home or sitting in corporate meetings talking shit about winning a charity event. Like I said, not stepping on toes or riling anyone up, but I really dig the head to head company events, especially if we can benefit awesome causes like Hire for Heroes or Wounded Warriors.

I would love to see the ant pull, and as D mentioned earlier, the westside guys would be fuckin sick to get in there.

Agree 100%. The Gaspari boys wouldn't do that - they are stand up guys. That's one reason we had them involved, which as you said, was a great event for a great cause.

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 11:26 am
http://youtu.be/-SSVrsQzd18

Seems like a long time ago lol Single ply 1st generation rage X. Still in my teens at around 245-250 Bodyweight. ...., lol Lets see you best bench PANTERA.

507 Bench? Seriously? I'm hitting 500 for easy triples off of 2 and 3 boards and I left many pounds in the tank.

*Not yet in competition, but that day is coming all too soon.

Shirted vs his raw! Oh and not far off in a 1 ply! When you gonna step up and hit something raw! You should not compair yourself with raw lifters! Who can you compair to in 1 ply's?

Don't make excuses for Ben. Weight gets lifted or it doesn't. Multi-Ply, Single-Ply or Raw doesn't mean jack shit.

Bottom line is, heavy weight goes up or it doesn't. Gear does nothing but stop you in the hole and you have to squat, press it or pull it to get out of it. If you honestly believe that weight feels lighter in gear, you're brain has completely deteriorated or you've never lifted in gear. You feel absolutely 100% of the weight at all times.

*I hope its simply the latter =)

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/111/967/My-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

So quick to hate =)

Agree 100%. The Gaspari boys wouldn't do that - they are stand up guys. That's one reason we had them involved, which as you said, was a great event for a great cause.

Westside was at the Cage last year. Dave Hoff took 945 to a 1 Board.

OH WAIT! That doesn't count, he was in gear and lifting in gear makes lifting super duper easy, not any more difficult and gives you 900 pounds automatically....

Universal Rep
10-26-12, 11:31 am

P

Had faith in the past... Faith ain't always enough.

Yeah after reading the comments again its pretty discouraging to see that U Rep has little to no faith in the animal Athletes.

Show me some fire, some passion brotha. Tell me off and show me up. If ya can't, then grow thicker skin man...

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 11:32 am

I now see what U-Rep is doing. He is calling out all of the Animal athletes for some serious motivation!

Aggression
10-26-12, 11:33 am
Weight gets lifted or it doesn't. Multi-Ply, Single-Ply or Raw doesn't mean jack shit.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/21733/755776-lol_que_large.jpg

Universal Rep
10-26-12, 11:34 am
I now see what U-Rep is doing. He is calling out all of the Animal athletes for some serious motivation!

Gotta do wut it takes, PA, gotta fire things up... The CAGE is right around the corner and it only comes 1x a year...

Aggression
10-26-12, 11:36 am
Raw
Deadlift (conv or sumo)
Heaviest Deadlift Wins
Each guys get to match or best their opponent
Last man standing wins.

smoothballer
10-26-12, 11:37 am
Raw
Deadlift (conv or sumo)
Heaviest Deadlift Wins
Last man standing wins.

The Hammer has be thrown down...

Nix0r
10-26-12, 11:41 am
This needs to happen.

Seath308
10-26-12, 11:57 am

Show me some fire, some passion brotha. Tell me off and show me up. If ya can't, then grow thicker skin man...

..... Wait..... You have been playing me!! Trying to motivate me similar to how my older brothers use to!! U-Rep I'm dedicating my Saturday squat workout to you and ill be giving you a shout out! SATURDAY IS GONNA BE CRAY!

Seath308
10-26-12, 12:03 pm
Raw
Deadlift (conv or sumo)
Heaviest Deadlift Wins
Last man standing wins.

As much as I would hate to waste the cages time ill do this lol sadly I will still be warming up while he is maxing out. My opener at my last meet was 683 lol my opener is more than panteras suited Rack Deadlifts hahj

smoothballer
10-26-12, 12:15 pm
Silence from the chatty PanterA

Seath308
10-26-12, 12:45 pm
507 Bench? Seriously? I'm hitting 500 for easy triples off of 2 and 3 boards and I left many pounds in the tank.

Raw 2 Board comparison ....PanterA 430 X 2

http://youtu.be/eJ1u6GVW2KY

Seath308
10-26-12, 12:47 pm
Don't flatter yourself. I can out bench you

Raw 2 Board comparison .... Ben Seaths turn. 565 lbs.

http://youtu.be/HaQmtzTXIYE

smoothballer
10-26-12, 12:53 pm

And in flip flops

G Diesel
10-26-12, 1:33 pm
And in flip flops

Flip-floppery and no wrist wraps with 565. Madness.

Peace, G

GUNS
10-26-12, 1:58 pm
[QUOTE=PanterA;1268158]507 Bench? Seriously? I'm hitting 500 for easy triples off of 2 and 3 boards and I left many pounds in the tank.

Don't make excuses for Ben. Weight gets lifted or it doesn't. Multi-Ply, Single-Ply or Raw doesn't mean jack shit.

Bottom line is, heavy weight goes up or it doesn't. Gear does nothing but stop you in the hole and you have to squat, press it or pull it to get out of it. If you honestly believe that weight feels lighter in gear, you're brain has completely deteriorated or you've never lifted in gear. You feel absolutely 100% of the weight at all times.

QUOTE]

Your absolutely crazy if you think gear has no carry over! Prove it! Do a max at any of your lifts and then try the same weigh raw! Step up pantera and quit talking smack! You are correct in saying I have never lifted in gear! Nor will I ever!

http://supertraining.tv/2012/06/q-and-a-raw-bench-press-vs-geared-bench-press/

GUNS
10-26-12, 2:04 pm
[QUOTE=PanterA;1268158]507 Bench? Seriously? I'm hitting 500 for easy triples off of 2 and 3 boards and I left many pounds in the tank.

Your absolutely crazy if you think gear has no carry over! Prove it! Do a max at any of your lifts and then try the same weight raw! Step up pantera and quit talking smack! You are correct in saying I have never lifted in gear! Nor will I ever!

http://supertraining.tv/2012/06/q-and-a-raw-bench-press-vs-geared-bench-press/

P Diesel
10-26-12, 2:13 pm
lets imagine for a second that lifting equipped makes no difference, then why wear it?

P

Appollonian
10-26-12, 2:15 pm
lets imagine for a second that lifting equipped makes no difference, then why wear it?

P

I was going to ask the same question.

BigChrisF
10-26-12, 2:29 pm

P

Because my joints cry without it.

GUNS
10-26-12, 2:30 pm

Hahahahaha!

GUNS
10-26-12, 2:32 pm

P

Exactly P! I guess we are all geared lifters then! We wear belts to support our backs, wraps to support our wrists and knees, and sleeves for our elbows! Sarcasm, sarcasm! Pantera thinks a belt and knee sleeves are geared as well!

P Diesel
10-26-12, 2:33 pm

hahaha, all my kids are starin at me cuz i just burst out

P

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 2:35 pm

P

Protection of the primary joints. Plain and simple. Plus I also enjoy the challenge it presents. I will never wear Multi-Ply gear because I personally believe THAT is cheating. Getting 500 Pounds out of a brief/suit combo is a bit excessive. I'm lucky to get 100 pounds out of mine!

There is a reason the ruthlessly Communist Federations of the IPF and USAPL will allow Single-Ply and not Multi-Ply. You still must be ruthlessly strong to hit numbers in Single-Ply gear as the carryover is minimal. It does offer significant protection and every single Raw lifter that crossed over to Singe-Ply will tell you the exact same thing.

Do I have something against guys using Multi-Ply? Of course not, they want to push their bodies the furthest they can possibly go and that takes balls. I personally find Multi-Ply gear to be a gigantic pain in the ass. PLUS, I feel I can brake world records with Single-Ply gear.

I've met too many older true RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!! lifters that never used any protection of any kind and they have so many problems its not even funny. I plan on enjoying lifting in a recreational fashion in my golden years.

*Belt and knee wraps is not RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!! lifting, sorry! Ask Ed Coan and he'll say the same thing. If we are going to run around all puffy chested, lets keep it real!

**PLEASE keep it up guys, it truly and radically motivates me. Seriously.

GUNS
10-26-12, 2:51 pm
How much carryover are you getting over a Raw with belt and wrist wraps compaired to your single ply. There are a ton of guys saying 150-300lbs in a single ply over their raw bench! You are saying very little, so I guess all the othere guys are wrong?

Videos, come on, step up and show us your best at both! Seriously, motivate us, seriously!

Also, what gear are you using? Name brands? Styles?

Seath308
10-26-12, 2:51 pm

http://youtu.be/HaQmtzTXIYE

Raw
Deadlift (conv or sumo)
Heaviest Deadlift Wins
Last man standing wins.

As much as I would hate to waste the cages time ill do this lol sadly I will still be warming up while he is maxing out. My opener at my last meet was 683 lol my opener is more than panteras suited Rack Deadlifts hahj

Raw 2 Board comparison ....PanterA 430 X 2
[videvideo]

No responses??? PanterA please explain how you out bench me when you 2 board 430 X 2!?!?!?!? Lol ALL TALK NO WALK!

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 2:53 pm
How much carryover are you getting over a Raw with belt and wrist wraps compaired to your single ply. There are a ton of guys saying 150-300lbs in a single ply over their raw bench! You are saying very little, so I guess all the othere guys are wrong?

Videos, come on, step up and show us your best at both! Seriously, motivate us, seriously!

I've got a better idea!

*Maybe we could go back to the 30's where they didn't even have racks! We should have to pick the weight up, clean it, Overhead Press it to our backs and THAN squat. What do you say?

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 2:53 pm
No responses??? PanterA please explain how you out bench me when you 2 board 430 X 2!?!?!?!? Lol ALL TALK NO WALK!

*Maybe we could go back to the 30's where they didn't even have racks! We should have to pick the weight up, clean it, Overhead Press it to our backs and THAN squat. What do you say?

P Diesel
10-26-12, 2:55 pm
suits and shirts arent in place to protect joints, they are not marketed for that reason either. they are fo use to aid training or assist a lift in equipped competitions. wraps, sleeves, belts, etc are in place to protect joints and other points of flexion, perhaps even recovery from an injury. suits and shirt are not applicable for any of those things.

saw what u want about the usapl, i coach a national championship high school team ... we coch our kids raw the majority of the time and compete at states and natioanls equipped. they are equipped lifters.

no one is 'hating' on u or attacking u. ur jsut talkin outta ur ass and ppl in teh know are not havin it. i persoanlly dnt care how u train, do u brotha. dnt spread falsehoods tho

it seems theres a lot of ppl on here jsut stirrin the pot for their own enjoyment lately. i hate mutha fuckas that talk jsut to talk or argue jsut to amuse themselves.

P

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 2:55 pm

I lift Single-Ply. Don't like it? Sit on the sidelines with the rest of the haters waiting for me to give a f*ck!

=)

Seath308
10-26-12, 2:56 pm

This has zero to do with you say you can out bench me. Quit dancing around the question explain we have two videos above.

GUNS
10-26-12, 2:57 pm
I've got a better idea!

*Maybe we could go back to the 30's where they didn't even have racks! We should have to pick the weight up, clean it, Overhead Press it to our backs and THAN squat. What do you say?Avoiding the realism of the question!

Also, what gear are you using? Name brands? Styles?

Altered Beast
10-26-12, 3:00 pm
suits and shirts arent in place to protect joints, they are not marketed for that reason either. they are fo use to aid training or assist a lift in equipped competitions. wraps, sleeves, belts, etc are in place to protect joints and other points of flexion, perhaps even recovery from an injury. suits and shirt are not applicable for any of those things.

saw what u want about the usapl, i coach a national championship high school team ... we coch our kids raw the majority of the time and compete at states and natioanls equipped. they are equipped lifters.

no one is 'hating' on u or attacking u. ur jsut talkin outta ur ass and ppl in teh know are not havin it. i persoanlly dnt care how u train, do u brotha. dnt spread falsehoods tho

it seems theres a lot of ppl on here jsut stirrin the pot for their own enjoyment lately. i hate mutha fuckas that talk jsut to talk or argue jsut to amuse themselves.

P

No falsehoods are being spread P. Seath knows I'm not far off from him, his response is "YOU CHEAT AND USE GEAR!" It's colossal ignorance.

The original point of Gear being invented was to protect lifters joints, because so many lifters were being critically injured early in their careers. It was understood, that if Powerlifting is to grow to a big level, something should be done to protect the lifters. It just so happens that the gear had such a rebound effect! That was not intentional, but its what it is.

Of course its advertised in other ways! What sells more:

Your lifts will go up!
or
It will protect your primary joints!

*I'm not stirring any pots or anything of that nature. The bottom line is, I lift big heavy weights and I choose to use Single-Ply gear. I get tired of being hassled for using Gear around here.

GUNS
10-26-12, 3:07 pm
It just so happens that the gear had such a rebound effect!

End of discussion here! You are not in the same league as raw, raw belt, raw belt wraps.

That is where this all started! With you saying this, you can not still sit here and say you are right behind Ben! Just not the same!

Firefist
10-26-12, 3:07 pm

P

I agree with this 100%.

Seath308
10-26-12, 3:28 pm
No falsehoods are being spread P. Seath knows I'm not far off from him, his response is "YOU CHEAT AND USE GEAR!" It's colossal ignorance.

The original point of Gear being invented was to protect lifters joints, because so many lifters were being critically injured early in their careers. It was understood, that if Powerlifting is to grow to a big level, something should be done to protect the lifters. It just so happens that the gear had such a rebound effect! That was not intentional, but its what it is.

Of course its advertised in other ways! What sells more:

Your lifts will go up!
or
It will protect your primary joints!

*I'm not stirring any pots or anything of that nature. The bottom line is, I lift big heavy weights and I choose to use Single-Ply gear. I get tired of being hassled for using Gear around here.

BAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. I can wait for my squat workout Saturday lol

HIGA MONSTER
10-26-12, 3:30 pm

P
Can someone please download the "Spellcheck" app for my brotha, P Diesel?

Philly's public school system is failing...it makes me wanna cry.

HIGA MONSTER
10-26-12, 3:35 pm
Raw
Deadlift (conv or sumo)
Heaviest Deadlift Wins
Last man standing wins.
You forgot that they need to end it with a posedown...1 minute routine to that Korean song, "Gangnam Style"

GUNS
10-26-12, 3:38 pm
You forgot that they need to end it with a posedown...1 minute routine to that Korean song, "Gangnam Style"

Hahaha, love it, but I dont want to see it! lol!

Bruiser
10-26-12, 3:43 pm

I will never wear Multi-Ply gear because I personally believe THAT is cheating. Getting 500 Pounds out of a brief/suit combo is a bit excessive. I'm lucky to get 100 pounds out of mine!

Wait... What? A little contradiction in your point?

P Diesel
10-26-12, 4:11 pm
Can someone please download the "Spellcheck" app for my brotha, P Diesel?

Philly's public school system is failing...it makes me wanna cry.

that one wasnt that bad haha... i have no time for spellcheck HIGA. i have to post on the fly

P

P Diesel
10-26-12, 4:18 pm

my brotha, what joints are being protected with a dead suit or a squat suit?

i believe the main point is u are puttin urself into a comparison with a raw lifter when u are admittedly an equipped lifter. ur hit numbers and thats sick homey, not takin anythign away from ya. but if i take u out of ur gear ur not hittin those lifts. not a knock to u, but it is what it is like u say.

P

GUNZ
10-26-12, 6:16 pm
haha, this is getting interisting!!! Im gonna add my 2 cents, a fucking belt and wrist wraps is RAW, knee Sleeves-RAW!! And the 2 vids posted, 430x2 off baords and 565x1 off board isn't even in the same league as each other!! Hands down Seaths 565 kills that. I have no dissrespect for geared lifters, do what makes up happy but don't talk about your raw numbers when you have never done raw meet. You only as good as your last performance.

Shukin
10-26-12, 10:31 pm
So who's lifting in the cage?

Or is this the raw vs. geared lifter thread?

For the record I lift in the nude, so that makes me the rawest lifter.........lol

GUNS
10-26-12, 10:40 pm

For the record I lift in the nude, so that makes me the rawest lifter.........lol

nice!

Zografos
10-27-12, 12:15 am
Id love to see hawthorn in there. The vid of him repping 600 x 2 @132lb is absolute insanity. I couldnt wait to hit dead lifts after seeing that.

P Diesel
10-27-12, 12:58 am

who knows at this point brotha. its kinda quiet in here. not many responding or puttin in two cents. except ofcourse U Rep, the ray of fuckin sunshine he is.

P

Shukin
10-27-12, 8:12 am
who knows at this point brotha. its kinda quiet in here. not many responding or puttin in two cents. except ofcourse U Rep, the ray of fuckin sunshine he is.

P

Perhaps U Rep should lift off against someone.......?

GUNS
10-27-12, 8:37 am
I don't know who the heck he is! Might be able to lift like a brick shit house, but I'm no powerlifter or strongman, and if I'm gonna make it to the cage, I'd challenge him to a big 3 lift, or even strongman type events!

Firefist
10-27-12, 1:22 pm
U-rep vs Animal? The mystery men to be revealed?

I think the bros vs bros comps were cool... scals and agg with those deads... yeah intense as shit for sure.

BigChrisF
10-27-12, 7:17 pm
Brandon Lilly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TkcNlP3xzU

P Diesel
10-27-12, 9:48 pm
Brandon Lilly?

nice, strong fella. wheres he outta? is he a 308?

P

BigChrisF
10-27-12, 11:08 pm
nice, strong fella. wheres he outta? is he a 308?

P

I know he's been at Westside and Lexen Xtreme before, but his current training videos are from Berea Barbell in Berea, Kentucky. He's a 308/SHW.

Seath308
10-28-12, 12:30 am
Brandon Lilly?

Ill talk with Brandon! If we have him we will have to make sure not to schedule him and the Westside guys close together! We don't need him and Hoff brawling again lol!

Bruiser
10-28-12, 8:21 am
Ill talk with Brandon! If we have him we will have to make sure not to schedule him and the Westside guys close together! We don't need him and Hoff brawling again lol!

Hahaha! No shit! I bet B would do it. He's a great guy and a lot of fun. He'd fit right in with this crew.

james220
10-29-12, 5:28 pm
i nominate myself to lift in the CAGE 2013 ! lol

Firefist
10-29-12, 5:31 pm
i nominate myself to lift in the CAGE 2013 ! lol

no lie, Id take this cat over over alot of people.

J Wong
10-30-12, 12:32 am
How about Brent Willis? He is a monster deadlifter, he pulled 854 (maybe a few lbs more?) at the Olympia raw. He even posts here and has his own journey.

P Diesel
10-30-12, 9:00 pm
How about Brent Willis? He is a monster deadlifter, he pulled 854 (maybe a few lbs more?) at the Olympia raw. He even posts here and has his own journey.

i saw the vid of him pullin at this years O. also saw a video of him prepping for last years O pullin 805 suited. looks like hes come a long way over the last year.

P

MikeNice
10-31-12, 8:38 am
How about the ABC coordinators from various states having a lift comp? We could have a north v south and east v west. Then the winner of each go head to head for top ABC leader.

MikeNice
10-31-12, 8:41 am
Then we could have an ABC v Watchman comp. The ABC winner could go up against whichever Watchman they nominate. The winner of that goes up against an Animal rep or athlete. Then it becomes Forum v Corporate. Story lines and drama ensues.

MikeNice
10-31-12, 8:48 am
Panter A vs Seath with nothing but wraps and a belt. Settle the argument once and for all.

Firefist
10-31-12, 9:25 am
How about the ABC coordinators from various states having a lift comp? We could have a north v south and east v west. Then the winner of each go head to head for top ABC leader.

I like the idea of east coast vs west coast.

P Diesel
10-31-12, 1:59 pm
Anna McCloskey an Anthony McCloskey. i work w and coach powerlifting w their father Bob McCloskey. Anna is 18 and throws shot at Auburn and is lookin to squat 600, bench 365 and pull 500 raw soon in vegas. Ant is 21, plays football at West Chester Univ and is an Elite equipped lifter.

P

freighttraindane
10-31-12, 3:07 pm
I think it would be cool to have the Elite FTS crew in there (ex. Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, etc.) and/or Chad Smith (Juggernaut Training) in the cage to do some lifting or any type of seminar. It might be easier for the Elite crew since they are local and will probably be there for the XPC competition that is being held at the Arnold next year. i know a lot of us use these guys as major sources of knowledge regarding their respective methods of training for powerlifting.

smoothballer
10-31-12, 3:48 pm
This^^^

Seath308
11-06-12, 8:52 pm
Seath308 v Pantera CAGE 2013
Raw
Deadlift (conv or sumo)
Heaviest Deadlift Wins
Last man standing wins.

http://youtu.be/ruLXr_FwnxI

Well....

mritter3
11-06-12, 9:19 pm
Suck vid Ben, amazing lifts brother!!

smoothballer
11-07-12, 8:28 am
I would love to see Marshall "Freakshow" Johnson lift in the cage. He is an up and coming EFS guy, fits the Animal mentality, and was posting here on the FORVM over the summer as Freakshowelite. I know he recently squatted with Scott "Hoss" Cartwright and I think it would be an awesome event to see both guys squatting together.

Bruiser
11-07-12, 8:33 am
I would love to see Marshall "Freakshow" Johnson lift in the cage. He is an up and coming EFS guy, fits the Animal mentality, and was posting here on the FORVM over the summer as Freakshowelite. I know he recently squatted with Scott "Hoss" Cartwright and I think it would be an awesome event to see both guys squatting together.

Good idea. Marshall is a great guy and would fit in perfectly with the Animal Crew at the Cage.

World Eater
11-07-12, 9:15 am
Does he still have that beard? With that beard he was some pretty good competition for P Diesel and GUNS...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5zdbdQjwh1qksqk7o1_500.jpg

GUNS
11-07-12, 9:26 am
Hahahaha! Marshall would be fantastic in the cage!

I would love to see Mr. Greg Long give a seminar in the cage. I had a chance to listen and talk with him for a good hour after he trained me. He is amazing!

naturalguy
11-07-12, 9:59 am
Does he still have that beard? With that beard he was some pretty good competition for P Diesel and GUNS...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5zdbdQjwh1qksqk7o1_500.jpg

P Diesel vs Marshall in "The Battle of the Beards"

Bruiser
11-07-12, 10:02 am

Lucky I shaved or I woulda out them all to shame...

World Eater
11-07-12, 10:22 am
Still have a couple of months left, give it a shot!

GUNS
11-07-12, 10:39 am

Agree, you had a head start!

Bruiser
11-07-12, 2:50 pm
Still have a couple of months left, give it a shot!

Agree, you had a head start!

It was only 12 months without shaving... and hung down to my power belly! Lol.

P Diesel
11-07-12, 5:20 pm
P Diesel vs Marshall in "The Battle of the Beards"

hahaha

Shukin
11-07-12, 6:17 pm
if there is a "battle of the domes" count me in!
Skiba, Big Al, Enforcer, there's a few of us......lol

GUNS
11-07-12, 7:23 pm

I will not be included in this one! LOL!

deanna7272
11-08-12, 10:07 am

^^ this^^

Just thinking here.... We have had men sport mohawks in support of House... Hmmmm....

**Thing is, ya gotta have a nice dome to pull it off**

Bruiser
11-08-12, 10:10 am
^^ this^^

Just thinking here.... We have had men sport mohawks in support of House... Hmmmm....

You in? ;)

Animal
11-08-12, 1:41 pm
We recently met to kick off the planning for the 2013 Arnold Expo. After reading this thread, we took some things into account and have begun reaching out to some people. Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming.

Mr. Dead
11-08-12, 2:07 pm
We recently met to kick off the planning for the 2013 Arnold Expo. After reading this thread, we took some things into account and have begun reaching out to some people. Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming.

Very Niiiice...!!!

GUNS
11-08-12, 3:27 pm

Thanks for the update and a huge thanks for listening to us in here. This company listens to its most dedicated followers and thats one of the reasons I love it in here!

Mr. Dead
11-08-12, 3:42 pm
Going to go see Alison McWeeny lift December 1st... Will try and get some footage... This will be her 2nd meet with her new leg...

Shukin
11-08-12, 3:54 pm
Thanks for the update and a huge thanks for listening to us in here. This company listens to its most dedicated followers and thats one of the reasons I love it in here!

100% agree

Shukin
11-08-12, 4:34 pm
^^ this^^

Are you saying I don't have a nice dome?

deanna7272
11-09-12, 12:16 am
You in? ;)

I would, but my coif is my forte'....lol

Are you saying I don't have a nice dome?

No, I'm just sayin' some CAN'T pull it off... Y'all have beautiful (and smooth I might add) melons...lol

Animal
11-13-12, 12:38 pm

We wouldn't be where we are today if we didn't listen to our fans. Of course, we can't do everything, but we do our best.

We've reached out to some new lifters mentioned in this thread and with some luck, we'll have an agreement in place. Good for the FORVM and good for the CAGE in 2013. We will meet again soon and start creating a tentative schedule.

Shukin
11-13-12, 1:01 pm
We wouldn't be where we are today if we didn't listen to our fans. Of course, we can't do everything, but we do our best.

We've reached out to some new lifters mentioned in this thread and with some luck, we'll have an agreement in place. Good for the FORVM and good for the CAGE in 2013. We will meet again soon and start creating a tentative schedule.

Nice, keep us posted.