PDA

View Full Version : Down But Not Out

TotalxWar
10-18-12, 5:32 pm
so yesterday my shoulder fucking exploded while benching. i felt and heard a ton of popping. it fucking sucked.
i can raise it backwards forward and sideways but not as far forwards. it just hurts like crazy...
how much time should i take off from lifting in order to let this heal?
i know you guys aren't doctors or whatever...i just want an estimate...
thanks.

rainman
10-19-12, 1:03 pm
Being on the receiving end of a pretty serious AC tear last February I would urge you to get it looked at ASAP. When I tore mine I thought I could train around it. Being really stubborn I even carried on benching etc. initially. I remember about a week or so after it I did some pretty big DB shoulder presses, (for me anyway), and set a PB in deadlifting. I could still do pulling, but pressing was always dodgy. It got to the point where I couldn't raise an unladen bar on the bench.

I know physio work can be expensive, but then again, so is Torrent and I bet you lay money down on that. If not, then you should by the way! If a qualified professional says you can train around it, then cool. If he says not to, then don't. I can assure you that when you can't even raise the bar for a set of 21's because your shoulder is giving you the arsehole you'll really wish you had spent the money.

This is a worst case scenario. You may not have an AC tear. It may just be a sprain or something, but better safe than sorry?

Vrotsos991
10-19-12, 11:29 pm
Dude seriously get it checked out. From a kid who has broken 8 bones, many sprains, a torn hamstring, and a bone graph on my femur go get it checked out. I went a long time on my knee and caused more damage that caused my recovery to take even longer. If you have the insurance/ money just go get it looked at and keep us up to date!

TotalxWar
10-20-12, 10:26 am
I went to a doctor. He didn't know what was wrong so I'm working on getting an MRI on it. I just have to wait for the insurance company to give it the go ahead. It feels better every day, but really it still feels like shit. I'm hoping its just a sprain or something.

Vrotsos991
10-20-12, 7:48 pm
Like to hear you are looking into it. Good luck bro