PDA

View Full Version : My 2012 Kings of Bench experience and results with vid!

GUNZ
10-25-12, 12:37 pm
Here is my run down of the meet:

Arrived in Las Vegas on Friday at 400pm and was picked up from airport by owner of BOAD (one of the meet sponsors) and we went straigh to eat with Stan Efferding, Eric Spotto, and Creed. This group of guys train together and were some of coolest people i have ever meet, Stan was cool as the shit. Eric Spotto was very humble down to earth guy and we all just eat and sat around talking about all kind of stuff from BB to Powerlifting. Went back to hotel and rested and then went back eat again and called it a night. Got a great night of sleep and just chilled till weigh ins at 1130am, I hit the scale at 214lbs. This would be the heaviest I have ever competed at, I felt stress free and just ready to kill shit. Went eat with Adrian Larsion and prceeded to grub food till 330pm. Warm ups started at 500, and lifting started at 600. We all warmed up on same bench in back witch was crazy with all these monsters. This meet had no weight classes, the money was for for the 3 biggest benchs of the meet and lightest man to hit 500. I knew coming in that Dennis Cerie was competing and it would be me and him to see whos the lighter man to hit 500!! I decided at 1 week out that my strenght felt great and my goal was for once to not cut and just lift my best and see what happens. Then money didn't matter to me, i wasent play a weight cut game with someone. We all had to open with 500lb minimum, so Dennis Cerie went first and grinded out 500 and passed on other attempts, I was next opened with 500 and killed it. My second attempt was 510 and nailed that better then opener (this was PR). So i called for 520 on 3rd knowing this was big, but i felt like anything was going up (I was in a zone) 520lb went up without a hitch!! Bam, meet PR by 20lbs.

Run down of others: Winner Eric Spoto: 700lbs at bodyweight of 330lb He killed it like it was a opener, crazy stupid strength like I have never seen in my life. He didn't attempt the WR of 715 due to Super Training offering him $6000 to break it at their meet.
2nd place Al Davis 620 at bodyweight of 310lbs
3rd place Pedro Hernandez (i think) 600 at bodyweight of 430lbs

500lb for reps Eric Spotto wins with 10 (had more)
lightest man to hit 500lbs Dennis Cerie (he was 208)

Like i said, i didn't win $$ but feel like i won the battle. 520@ 214lb with lbs to spare. My all time goal is 550@220 and I know this will happen one day. I bust ass and back down to no one! Im a ANIMAL, Im never going to settle!!

Here is cool ass vid my boy made of my journey leading up t KOB with 520 lift at the end: http://youtu.be/n5a80XZbfuA

and here is vid of just the 520lb by inself with volume and HD option: http://youtu.be/-0CxhLoYlts

Big thanks again to Animal for the support, Im not done yet!! Party is just getting started.

Kowboy
10-25-12, 1:34 pm
Amazing work man, crushed it. I can only imagine being a beast like you man, excellent job.