PDA

View Full Version : tendons and ligaments

TotalxWar
10-25-12, 2:21 pm
So i think what i did to my shoulder was actually fuck up some tendons/ligaments.
I was denied an MRI so i don't know for sure.
Anyone have any recovery advice for this sort of injury?

GUNS
10-25-12, 4:19 pm
Just really depends on what it is! Without the MRI, there are too many things it could be, Labrum, RC, AC joint...

I had AC joint repaired in my left shoulder and it was fairly easy recovery, but it had to be shaved down! I currently have a torn labrum in my right shoulder and have not done any type of surgery. I have had it for about 2 years. Figured they were not going to do anything about it, so started doing RC type exercises before every upper body day. May start doing them on leg days as well! Dont go over 10 lbs and just do your interior/exterior rotation work. Do them supported so the delts dont take over.

RaisingTheBar
10-25-12, 4:22 pm
Either a Chiropractor or a deep tissue / sports massage therapist could give you a good idea of what's wrong, and help you fix it. If your insurance supports chiropractics, I'd say that's your best bet. if not, a massage therapist is a cheaper option.

I once had a full speed head to shoulder collision in lacrosse (the other guy dove into my shoulder) and couldn't move my right arm for a week. My chiropractor worked it out twice a week and it was back to normal a month later.

MikeNice
10-25-12, 4:29 pm
I would check in with a physical therapist. If you get one that works with sports medicine frequently they might point you towardsnandoc that will help. Plus they can figure out exactlynwhich exercises will help your specific caase.

Cellardweller
10-25-12, 5:05 pm
Google "The Seven Minute Rotator Cuff Solution." Machine used to swear by it.

P Diesel
10-25-12, 8:45 pm
Just really depends on what it is! Without the MRI, there are too many things it could be, Labrum, RC, AC joint...

true...

u cant b denied an MRI if theres any kidn of injury btw. if the doc u went to said no ,then go to a different doc til u find one that will give it to u. 'messed up sum stuff' haha its a broad spectrum bro.

P

GUNS
10-25-12, 9:31 pm
true...

u cant b denied an MRI if theres any kidn of injury btw. if the doc u went to said no ,then go to a different doc til u find one that will give it to u. 'messed up sum stuff' haha its a broad spectrum bro.

P

Haha, wish it was that easy. Military docs just want to send you to therapy and call it a day. Espescially when your overseas! I will be bringing this up with the VA very soon! Dont know if I will ever get mine fixed, I am doing great right now like it is!