PDA

View Full Version : Hamgstring Soreness

Vrotsos991
10-25-12, 4:32 pm
Did deads sunday, and i ended upp pulling my right hamstring a little. Have it a few days and today when doing leg curls its hurt again. Never bothered me on squats though. Anyway. Its in the middle of my right hamstring and i dont feel it during the day, just during some exercises. I tried using a foam roller but the gym only has soft blue ones. I did normal stretching. What else can i do?

rbowman91
10-25-12, 5:02 pm
Did deads sunday, and i ended upp pulling my right hamstring a little. Have it a few days and today when doing leg curls its hurt again. Never bothered me on squats though. Anyway. Its in the middle of my right hamstring and i dont feel it during the day, just during some exercises. I tried using a foam roller but the gym only has soft blue ones. I did normal stretching. What else can i do?

If it hurts, dont do it. Let it heal. Ur on point with stretching. Both static stretches and foam roller are solid.

I would stay off lifts that hurt it. That "push through injury" macho bullshit is what gets people knocked out of the game for long periods of time. Let it heal up, then take it easy and ease back into it when ur ready.

However, if its a serious injury i would just see a doc. I go to a sports medicine orthopedist who is into training. Guys like that know how to help it. May wanna perfect ur DL form as well.

P Diesel
10-25-12, 8:43 pm
b smart homey, dnt give it time and ull end up pullin it off then where will ya b? its about longevity. its not easy i know, ive been there more times then id like to recall. a few weeks is better then a few years

P

Vrotsos991
10-25-12, 9:13 pm
Thanks guys. Ya I know to keep the ego in check. I havee learned from the past. Thanks for the inputs. I don't think its too serious but deffinity not going to irritate it more. Might get a heating pad and see if that helps some. Never had a pain that I didn't feel until I put a load on it.

MRmichael.hooker
10-25-12, 9:22 pm
Take it from a guy whose tore a hamstring... let it heal. Instead of the heating pad, i'd suggest ice. If there is any inflammation in there, the heat will just make it worse. Id suggest (on top of foam rolling ALOT) doing ice for 20 mins, 20 mins off, 20 mins on, 20mins off, etc etc. Over and over again, no such thing as icing it too much. Also, don't neglect rolling & stretching out quads, shins, calves, it bands, and glutes. If your hammy is tight, most likely it's compensating for another muscle group needing help. Take care of it all; hips all the way down