PDA

View Full Version : Shoes

Vrotsos991
10-28-12, 10:35 pm
So i have a pair of vivo bare foots that i been wearing to the gym for a year now. After a few washes to rid the stink, they have shrunk some, along with breaking down. I was wondering what shoes you guys wear and cost.

I have wide feet so chucks are a no go.
Want a thin sole that acts like bare foot, with a flat bottom ( no heal)
I was thinking about trying some wrestling shoes. I saw P Diesel is a fan (if you can, what brand and style you running).

Any suggestion?

korn_fed
10-29-12, 1:32 am
I know youre asking for flat-soles and no heels, but give timberland boots a try.
I was in the same situation you were, trying to find the right pair of shoes. I have a wide foot, size 13, and was flat footed when I was little, its better now. Ive tried chucks, wrestling shoes, barefoot, you name it, i tried it. then one day when i forgot my shoes and went to the gym straight from work, i was forced to train in my timbs and you know what? it was one of the best leg workouts ive ever had. i could really feel myself driving through my heels, i felt more balanced, and the boots give a nice amount of ankle support. try it out!

MikeNice
10-29-12, 6:33 am
On leg days I prefer my Red Wing work boots. I've noticed a big difference in support and "feel." I trained barefoot for a long time, it is great, but my gym doesn't allow it.

Kingslayer
10-31-12, 5:18 am
Shoes have never been a problem for me. But I've used chucks/vans/nikes.

Deathride
10-31-12, 8:30 am
Do-Win weightlifting shoes changed my life (well, not actually but you know what I mean). I've squatted more whilst resolving several issues with my squat, feel better benching and just generally more awesome :-D And I've lifted barefoot for years.....the stability and slight wedge heel are brilliant.

Kowboy
10-31-12, 11:38 am
Do-Win weightlifting shoes changed my life (well, not actually but you know what I mean). I've squatted more whilst resolving several issues with my squat, feel better benching and just generally more awesome :-D And I've lifted barefoot for years.....the stability and slight wedge heel are brilliant.

I was thinking of trying the Risto shoes which are similar.

P Diesel
10-31-12, 1:28 pm
So i have a pair of vivo bare foots that i been wearing to the gym for a year now. After a few washes to rid the stink, they have shrunk some, along with breaking down. I was wondering what shoes you guys wear and cost.

I have wide feet so chucks are a no go.
Want a thin sole that acts like bare foot, with a flat bottom ( no heal)
I was thinking about trying some wrestling shoes. I saw P Diesel is a fan (if you can, what brand and style you running).

Any suggestion?

never wear vivo's again please

most of my wrestling shoes are asics. i love em. i used chucks for quite a while but much prefer wrestling shoe for my squats and deads. i also have a few pairs of high top puma driving shoes that are more like a sneaker, but still flat bottomed. love my asics tho

P

G Diesel
10-31-12, 3:09 pm
I've worn everything over the years--Nike basketball shoes and Shox, Timberlands, Onitsuka Tigers, etc.

Never worn Chucks. When I was a kid, Ma Dukes said they "weren't for athletes". Haha. That stuck with me.

Best shoes I've ever had I just bought a couple of months ago and I'll never go back. Asics wrestling shoes. Awesome.

Peace, G

Nix0r
10-31-12, 3:12 pm
Do they make wresting shoes in "goddamn big" size? I haven't been able to buy a pair of shoes in a store for years.

GUNS
10-31-12, 3:23 pm
I have not had any issues with any shoes. I have wore the Vibram's, Chucks, and just regular shoes in general to lift in. I am currently very happy with a flat sole'd Converse and also my Nike Shocks. I always wear my Converse on leg and back day, and the Nike's other days. I might have to give those wrestling shoes a go!

Vrotsos991
10-31-12, 3:29 pm
never wear vivo's again please

most of my wrestling shoes are asics. i love em. i used chucks for quite a while but much prefer wrestling shoe for my squats and deads. i also have a few pairs of high top puma driving shoes that are more like a sneaker, but still flat bottomed. love my asics tho

P

You see much difference from the chear 40 dollar ones to the 100+ dollar ones?

BigChrisF
11-01-12, 2:27 am
I like to squat in my chucks and I have pretty wide feet. They don't seem to be as narrow when you get into the bigger sizes, I guess. I wear a 14.

BigChrisF
11-01-12, 2:28 am
Do they make wresting shoes in "goddamn big" size? I haven't been able to buy a pair of shoes in a store for years.

I knew a kid in high school that wore 17's. So...yes. Yes they do.

Seath308
11-01-12, 2:47 am
Nike Air Force One's flat soled, mid-tops and strapless all fucking day!

TigerAce01
11-01-12, 9:50 am
I've worn everything over the years--Nike basketball shoes and Shox, Timberlands, Onitsuka Tigers, etc.

Never worn Chucks. When I was a kid, Ma Dukes said they "weren't for athletes". Haha. That stuck with me.

Best shoes I've ever had I just bought a couple of months ago and I'll never go back. Asics wrestling shoes. Awesome.

Peace, G

I've owned the same pair for over 2 years now, with barely any wear. Light, flat soled, and that little lip that hides the laces is the best thing you never knew you needed.

-Ace

P Diesel
11-01-12, 10:34 am

i wear 14's and we have a lifter that wear's 17's

You see much difference from the chear 40 dollar ones to the 100+ dollar ones?

haha nope, just what they look like on the outside. i have ones that were $30 i love and ive worn the $165 ones, no difference. go cheaper

I like to squat in my chucks and I have pretty wide feet. They don't seem to be as narrow when you get into the bigger sizes, I guess. I wear a 14.

i found the same thing with my chucks.

P

GUNS
11-01-12, 10:58 am
Agree P, I have those $30 converse that are great for legs and deads. Most of the time, it just does not matter. I have bought $80 shoes that felt fine when I tried them on, but were crap when I tried to use them for running or working out.

Vrotsos991
11-01-12, 2:26 pm

I rock size 9's so may be a different story. I tried a pair on the other day and that was a no go! haha. Ill try some wrestling shoes next!