PDA

View Full Version : The hell has happened to me?

KettleBellFreak
11-02-12, 5:12 pm
A year ago today, my birthday, I was fat, not obese, but there wasn't a muscle in sight. Sitting around playing videogames and fast food every other day, barely running the mile in gym class, sucking in my gut around girls, wearing hoodies becuase I had 'moobs.' All things that have receded so far out of my daily thought process that they don't even come into play on occasion. I'm beating my ass 4-5 days a week in the gym and eating rice, beans and chicken 10 times a week, and I'm learning shit about diet and muscles that I probably would have had an aneurysm if you had asked me about them a year ago. What happened to me? Where did this six pack and these traps and lats come from? I didn't even know those were muscles a year ago. Where did these veins come from? They were buried a year ago, but I guess they started digging, and they started when I started. I started digging and when I found what I had been missing, I dug a little more. Like the saying goes though, "all good things must come to an end," ha. Fuck that saying. I kept digging anyway because I wanted to see if it could take me somewhere. Now instead of hopping on an exercise bike in sweats from head to toe and cycling for an hour because I was seeing a few pounds shed I'm in a gym waging war with iron, killing myself and the mental barriers that used to retard every bit of progress I could possibly make. Now I feel more human. I feel like I'm in control, that there isn't something stopping me. Because the only fucking thing that can stop me, is me. I push myself to the brink of ridiculous and I've never felt more free. Lifting has taken away anything and everything that oppressed me from my aspirations and goals. And Animal Pak's forum honestly is owed a lot of gratitude for the motivation I've gotten to do better for myself and take responsibility for the body I'm given. You guys are the shit and I hope you guys kill it hard in the gym today, because I'm sure as shit going to.

deanna7272
11-02-12, 8:32 pm
Good stuff!!!

eblnyc
11-03-12, 12:08 am
iron junkie!!!