PDA

View Full Version : My Workout Today...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

BigAnt
08-26-08, 11:35 pm
My buddies and I say, "if people aren't gawkin yer doin something wrong"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm never heard of this.....

BigAnt
08-26-08, 11:36 pm
TotalBody in Lansdale. i know you know the place

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice gym...how is your training?

SQUAT or DIE!
08-26-08, 11:45 pm
My buddies and I say, "if people aren't gawkin yer doin something wrong"

not everyone is graced with the ability to drop jaws.... well not yet anyway..

MojoMike36
08-27-08, 1:40 am
You mean you don't excel excessively in one exercise? Like every lifting buddy and gym bro of mine has one exercise they're insanely good at for their size or strength. Whats yours?

AnthonyB
08-27-08, 1:03 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very nice gym...how is your training?

decent. im switching from powerlifting to bodybuilding to see how i like it. need to get over some injuries and all that. thanks for askin bro

BigAnt
08-27-08, 1:09 pm
You mean you don't excel excessively in one exercise? Like every lifting buddy and gym bro of mine has one exercise they're insanely good at for their size or strength. Whats yours?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm serratus intercostal crunch!

Serious...my legs-back have always been my best-stronger body parts....

BigAnt
08-27-08, 10:40 pm
decent. im switching from powerlifting to bodybuilding to see how i like it. need to get over some injuries and all that. thanks for askin bro

what time are you training now - a -days?

AnthonyB
08-28-08, 1:20 pm

what time are you training now - a -days?

about 2pm

BigAnt
08-28-08, 9:40 pm
Better Bodies...Alone

Pull ups 3x15 1x12

T-bar rows 1x12 1x10 1x8 1x6
super set
Wide grip spider rows/2 second hold 2x12 2x10

Reverse grip barbell rows 1x10 1x8 1x5

One arm dumbbell rows 2x10

Good mornings 2x12

Standing cable curls 3x15

Hammer curls 1x12 1x10

Vaze_06
08-28-08, 9:41 pm
Better Bodies...Alone

Pull ups 3x15 1x12

super set

Good mornings 2x12

Hammer curls 1x12 1x10

nice work out big ant
what's wide grip spider rows?

John-TNS
08-28-08, 9:47 pm
I have been along time follower of yours BigAnt, was really glad to see you over at my Journey... Will be following yours a little closer man...Gonna shoot you a few questions on your other thread!

BigAnt
08-28-08, 9:49 pm
nice work out big ant
what's wide grip spider rows?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey V; aka: Wonder woman...

How are things?

Spider rows---it is an incline t-bar machine, lying on your stomach, on the padded bench, you row towards your rib cage....

(HERE IS A PICTURE)

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/LVInclineRow.html

I did mine on the Smith machine tonight...it is positioned right next to the T-bar....I set the Smith machine bar on the lowest level, and put an incline bench, about 60 degrees over the bar, after the T-bar rows, I jumped on the incline bench, faced down, stomach on the pad...and grabbed the loaded smith bar with a wide grip, from the lowest position, and row straight up to my rib cage, holding for a two second hold, squeezing the scapula...and lowering it to begin the movement again...

shizz702
08-28-08, 9:51 pm
Sick back/bi workout Ant! Like how you started off with them pull ups, hit some good row variations, and finished off the lower back with those good mornings. Looks like you got a good bicep pump too!

BigAnt
08-28-08, 9:53 pm
I have been along time follower of yours BigAnt, was really glad to see you over at my Journey... Will be following yours a little closer man...Gonna shoot you a few questions on your other thread!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you have a very solid journey...keep going with it...

questions---please..ask away!

BigAnt
08-28-08, 9:56 pm
Sick back/bi workout Ant! Like how you started off with them pull ups, hit some good row variations, and finished off the lower back with those good mornings. Looks like you got a good bicep pump too!

Thanks!

Big Al and I have elbow pain off/on his is a bit more serious than mine, we spoke---he did biceps last week lighter and with cables and super SUPER strict form...He got a great pump, and was sore for days...got to be growth producing, so I did the same....ever see Big Al's arms...freaky huge-ripped!

sly06
08-28-08, 10:08 pm
Better Bodies...Alone

Pull ups 3x15 1x12

super set

Good mornings 2x12

Hammer curls 1x12 1x10

Nice workout BigAnt! Love you get all the movement with lots of reps. How is the cut treating you?

BigAnt
08-28-08, 10:15 pm
Nice workout BigAnt! Love you get all the movement with lots of reps. How is the cut treating you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for stopping in and for the cool words....Cut---diet is good, cardio is on...training is good, just doing it...like I do,,,,,LOL

"if you do what you did...you get what you got"

diet-cardio is the "cut" tool!

miss my peanut butter sands-sushi-pasta-fruit salad-cheese---DAMN I AM LOOSING IT---GOING TO STOP NOW! hahahahahahaha

AnthonyB
08-29-08, 3:03 pm
Where is Better Bodies at Ant?

BigAnt
08-29-08, 4:46 pm
Where is Better Bodies at Ant?

Past Montgomeryville Mall, off of 202 in Chalfont, PA....

AnthonyB
08-29-08, 5:57 pm
oh..the place in a shopping center? guy named kenny owns it right? if it the same place i know where youre talking about. i should check it out

John-TNS
08-29-08, 10:43 pm
How often do you go light in your workouts?

BigAnt
08-29-08, 10:44 pm
oh..the place in a shopping center? guy named kenny owns it right? if it the same place i know where youre talking about. i should check it out

That's it, i go there off-on and also alter training in my basement and Gym-Tanline Studio..

BigAnt
08-29-08, 10:47 pm
Gym-TanLine alone...

Seated dumbbell press 1x10 1x8 1x5

Close grip shoulder machine 1x15 1x12 1x10

Seated lateral raise 1x15 2x12 1x10

H/S machine lateral raise/unilateral 2x10

Reverse pec dek 2x12 1x10

Nose pulls-rope 2x15 1x12

Shrug machine 2x15 2x12

Seated calf raise 4x20

Hack calf raise 3x15

SQUAT or DIE!
08-29-08, 10:49 pm
lookin good ant

Vaze_06
08-29-08, 11:02 pm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey V; aka: Wonder woman...

How are things?

Spider rows---it is an incline t-bar machine, lying on your stomach, on the padded bench, you row towards your rib cage....

(HERE IS A PICTURE)

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/LVInclineRow.html

I did mine on the Smith machine tonight...it is positioned right next to the T-bar....I set the Smith machine bar on the lowest level, and put an incline bench, about 60 degrees over the bar, after the T-bar rows, I jumped on the incline bench, faced down, stomach on the pad...and grabbed the loaded smith bar with a wide grip, from the lowest position, and row straight up to my rib cage, holding for a two second hold, squeezing the scapula...and lowering it to begin the movement again...

Hey Big Guy!!
pretty good... started college monday... until now.. i'm still alive... hopefully i'll make it until the end:P
and u?!

i do those!! but i never knew it was called Spider rows... thanks^^
and u're creative on how to overcome... would have never thought about using the smitty!
u're the best Big Ant =]

John-TNS
08-29-08, 11:18 pm
Gym-TanLine alone...

Shrug machine 2x15 2x12

Seated calf raise 4x20

Hack calf raise 3x15

Good workout man! Lots of exercises in there hitting everything from all angles! I dig it for sure

J-Dawg
08-30-08, 9:55 am
Gym-TanLine alone...

Shrug machine 2x15 2x12

Seated calf raise 4x20

Hack calf raise 3x15

Good shoulder workout Big Ant!

BigAnt
08-30-08, 4:48 pm
Good shoulder workout Big Ant!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jdawg, how are things?

Hope to see you at the A/C Gathering...

BigAnt
08-30-08, 4:49 pm
Good workout man! Lots of exercises in there hitting everything from all angles! I dig it for sure

Thanks...I try----I TRY to do less volume---I AM A VOLUME ADDICT...LOL

Got A Great Pump...

jonnydunz
08-30-08, 9:52 pm
man you are killin it. i know that you are looking like you are ready to hit the stage. man i am impressed everytime that i come on here and look at what you are producing. you are on point and i know that you will be at your very best when competition time comes around. thanks for all the help man once again. been concentrating on doing the things that you present to me. i had to make some adjustment with nutrition since i am in school. so that is all taken care of. well take care man and will be back soon to check out what else is happen. peace.

BigAnt
08-30-08, 10:00 pm
How often do you go light in your workouts?

Maybe every 6-8 weeks...or when ever my body tells me--sore joints...

BigAnt
08-31-08, 5:38 pm
Trained legs at home...worked at the part-time job until 2:00...did some house chores, and went into da basement...

Leg ext 3x25

Unilatral leg press 2x12 2x10

Power squat 2x10 1x8 1x6

Stationary lunges on block 2x15

Lying leg curl 2x12 1x10

Seated leg curl 2x10 1x8

Stiff leg deads/on my T-bar 3x10

SQUAT or DIE!
08-31-08, 5:45 pm
sweet leg day

John-TNS
08-31-08, 8:41 pm
Nice legs man! What's your diet lookin like right now?

BigAnt
08-31-08, 8:57 pm
Nice legs man! What's your diet lookin like right now?

thanks...

protein--egg whites-Ultra Iso Whey-lean red meat-tuna-chicken
carbs-rice-oats-veggies-potatos

eating dust! LOL

Pizzalamp
08-31-08, 9:02 pm
Hey BigAnt-just wondering on your diet-i notice its low in fat..do you take a fatty acid supp or anything?

Hope you have a good labor day.

BigAnt
09-01-08, 1:09 pm
Hey BigAnt-just wondering on your diet-i notice its low in fat..do you take a fatty acid supp or anything?

Hope you have a good labor day.

Just what's in the red meat and maybe a tiny flax oil once in a while...

BigAnt
09-01-08, 1:15 pm
Incline dumbbell 1x10 1x8 1x6

Incline Smith 1x10 1x8 1x4-dropx8-dropx12

Flat fly/press 2x10 1x8

Body weight dips 2x25

Posed a bit...trained early at 9:45am...only 2 meals in me---felt a bit ran down, but did my best!

Now off to a BBQ for some burgers-dogs-potato salad and ice cream--YEAH RIGHT!

Eating prior and bringing skinless-boneless chicken breasts/veggies to throw on the grill...will splurge and have a Diet Pepsi w/Lime....

SQUAT or DIE!
09-01-08, 1:17 pm

Flat fly/press 2x10 1x8

Body weight dips 2x25

Posed a bit...trained early at 9:45am...only 2 meals in me---felt a bit ran down, but did my best!

Now off to a BBQ for some burgers-dogs-poato salad and ice cream--YEAH RIGHT!

Eating prior and bringing skinless-boneless chicken breasts/veggies to throw on the grill...will splurge and have a Diet Pepsi w/Lime....

good wo ant

way to splurge w/ a iet pepsi.. LOL

have a good labor day

BigAnt
09-01-08, 1:24 pm
good wo ant

way to splurge w/ a iet pepsi.. LOL

have a good labor day

Thanks, not used to training with only 2 meals and in the early morning---it is/was what it is/was...

Diet Pepsi w/Lime is my fav diet beverage...next to ice cold lemon water!

SQUAT or DIE!
09-01-08, 1:28 pm

Thanks, not used to training with only 2 meals and in the early morning---it is/was what it is/was...

Diet Pepsi w/Lime is my fav diet beverage...next to ice cold lemon water!

i feel ya on the early training.. i had a shake then trained, just finished all my chicken and rice... but i had lots of energy this morning, got up assuming i had class, got there and the school was empty so i headed to the gym..

diet pepsi is good stuff, never had it with lime... crystal light is where its at for me!.. MMM

Pizzalamp
09-01-08, 8:36 pm

Just what's in the red meat and maybe a tiny flax oil once in a while...

okay-thanks

shizz702
09-01-08, 9:08 pm
nice solid sessions as usual Ant!

No burgers or dogs on Labor Day?! Lol I guess you are the perfect example of dedication brotha!

McFly
09-02-08, 8:35 am

Flat fly/press 2x10 1x8

Body weight dips 2x25

where are the heavy presses? tick tisk Big Ant lol

sly06
09-02-08, 9:29 am

Flat fly/press 2x10 1x8

Body weight dips 2x25

Nice workout BigAnt! To make you feel better I ate some BBQ this past weekend. LOL just joking bro. Again, great workout!

BigAnt
09-02-08, 2:30 pm
where are the heavy presses? tick tisk Big Ant lol

Incline Smith and dumbbells...

McFly
09-02-08, 2:40 pm

Incline Smith and dumbbells...

hmmm now if I know Big Al.....he'd say something to the effect.... if you had energy for sets of flys, dips AND posing you didn't go heavy enough!!!

LOL just busting your stones man!!!

BigAnt
09-02-08, 2:55 pm
hmmm now if I know Big Al.....he'd say something to the effect.... if you had energy for sets of flys, dips AND posing you didn't go heavy enough!!!

LOL just busting your stones man!!!

Truth hurts, yes, tough going heavy you know--training alone...

This old man is doing his best for what he's got! L O L

McFly
09-02-08, 3:14 pm

Truth hurts, yes, tough going heavy you know--training alone...

This old man is doing his best for what he's got! L O L

aww man you should have came down to TTC, Jack opened the gym for us...me, Big Al, and TommyGun hit chest in an empty gym.

John-TNS
09-02-08, 3:29 pm
Good chest day Ant...Keep rollin with the diet!

DaveK
09-02-08, 8:30 pm

Flat fly/press 2x10 1x8

Body weight dips 2x25

Solid day Ant! Keep the focus. 2008 ain't over yet!!!

I was good yesterday too....up until my fourth meal....3 burgers with the works, 1 dog with the works, 2 ears of corn on the cobb, salad and 2 bowls of Special K, Cherios and Blueberry/Strawberry shredded wheat with Rice Milk. In the timeless words of Ronnie Coleman...."good ole off-season"!.....

LOL

BigAnt
09-02-08, 9:20 pm
aww man you should have came down to TTC, Jack opened the gym for us...me, Big Al, and TommyGun hit chest in an empty gym.

Yeah, next time....I always train hard-heavy at TTC!

BigAnt
09-02-08, 9:21 pm
Pull ups 3x15 1x10

Bent over barbell rows/reg. grip 1x10 1x8 1x5

T-bar rows 1x12 3x10

Low pulley rows wide/1x12 1x10 close 2x10

Rack deads 1x10 1x5 1x3

Shovel grip pull downs 2x10

BigAnt
09-02-08, 9:22 pm
Solid day Ant! Keep the focus. 2008 ain't over yet!!!

I was good yesterday too....up until my fourth meal....3 burgers with the works, 1 dog with the works, 2 ears of corn on the cobb, salad and 2 bowls of Special K, Cherios and Blueberry/Strawberry shredded wheat with Rice Milk. In the timeless words of Ronnie Coleman...."good ole off-season"!.....

LOL

Damn...Growth food!

Sounds good!

SQUAT or DIE!
09-02-08, 9:22 pm
nice back wo ant...

BigAnt
09-02-08, 10:54 pm
nice back wo ant...

Appreciate it...the rack deads where good, did bent over rows first, than T-bar...switched the order up...and was stronger on the T-bars...maybe just a good mind-muscle connestion today--better than normal!

shizz702
09-02-08, 11:48 pm
Good session as usual Ant! Always staying consistent and getting it done!

BigAnt
09-03-08, 4:17 pm
Good session as usual Ant! Always staying consistent and getting it done!

Thanks! Just doing what I gotta do....

Anything new with you?

shizz702
09-03-08, 4:18 pm

Thanks! Just doing what I gotta do....

Anything new with you?

Yes sir, bulking up right now! Having fun eating big and lifting heavy!

Hoomgar
09-03-08, 4:33 pm
Man, every time I come in here some one has been lifting more weight!

Keep pressin in big guy. You got plenty more time to get your grow on before cutting season :)

Have you locked in on a show yet or are they all still just possibilities being played by ear day to day?

DaveK
09-03-08, 5:47 pm
Pull ups 3x15 1x10

Bent over barbell rows/reg. grip 1x10 1x8 1x5

T-bar rows 1x12 3x10

Low pulley rows wide/1x12 1x10 close 2x10

Rack deads 1x10 1x5 1x3

Shovel grip pull downs 2x10

Great day! Row, row, row! That'a how it's done. I hammered back this morning! Can you explain the shovel grips?

BigAnt
09-03-08, 8:02 pm
Yes sir, bulking up right now! Having fun eating big and lifting heavy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Eating big and lifting bigger, you da man...please throw up some progress pics, and have a double burger for me!

BigAnt
09-03-08, 8:09 pm
Great day! Row, row, row! That'a how it's done. I hammered back this morning! Can you explain the shovel grips?

It is a Big Ant-Big Al-Mcfly secret, can't tell, Cutler will get angry...LOL

http://www.exercise-equipment-parts.com/close-grip-24-inch-lat-pull-down-attachment-opposing-gri24.html

Dave, just joking,,,a pull down handle, approx. shoulder width (what I use) and with a neutral grip (D-HANDLE)

You know how I roll, sit facing AWAY from the machine, back against the knee pads, in scapular rotaion position...lats are already turned on before you start the movement...

Don't Kenny teach you any secrets...Hahahahahahaha (another joke)

shizz702
09-03-08, 8:10 pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Eating big and lifting bigger, you da man...please throw up some progress pics, and have a double burger for me!

Haha will do brother!

BigAnt
09-03-08, 8:17 pm
Haha will do brother!

No, really, I am dead serious, you will gain some nice solid weight-muscle, will be cool to see the before-after pics!

shizz702
09-03-08, 8:22 pm

No, really, I am dead serious, you will gain some nice solid weight-muscle, will be cool to see the before-after pics!

Haha I know you're serious ;) I will be posting up before and after pics in my journey once I bulk up to where I want to be. I'm now motivated to eat even more and train harder now that I know I got to post the pics up lol!

SQUAT or DIE!
09-03-08, 8:23 pm

http://www.exercise-equipment-parts.com/close-grip-24-inch-lat-pull-down-attachment-opposing-gri24.html

Dave, just joking,,,a pull down handle, approx. shoulder width (what I use) and with a neutral grip (D-HANDLE)

You know how I roll, sit facing AWAY from the machine, back against the knee pads, in scapular rotaion position...lats are already turned on before you start the movement...

so after you explained your crazy name for the D ring bar, why did you neglect to tell me about the special way to lat pulldowns... you holding out on me?? huh!

BigAnt
09-03-08, 8:42 pm
so after you explained your crazy name for the D ring bar, why did you neglect to tell me about the special way to lat pulldowns... you holding out on me?? huh!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo shredded beef, you are way to big and strong already...let this old guy catch up to you and you will...THAN learn all my s e c r e t s ! lol

My bad...though you knew how I do them!

Please give them a try and let me know how you like them....

DaveK
09-03-08, 8:43 pm

Got it! You had me doing these during depletion and you probably told me what they were called but I was f'ed in the head I wasn't listening..LOL!! BB's has a couple of shovel grips.

I actually did them today, just as you explained, at the end of back....duh, alright I'm a doppy musclehead!

BigAnt
09-03-08, 8:51 pm
Got it! You had me doing these during depletion and you probably told me what they were called but I was f'ed in the head I wasn't listening..LOL!! BB's has a couple of shovel grips.

I actually did them today, just as you explained, at the end of back....duh, alright I'm a doppy musclehead!

Yeah, you where running on fumes during those depletion workouts...remember! LOL

BB has 2-3 bars, I use the medium length one, approx. shoulder width for me....

SQUAT or DIE!
09-03-08, 8:55 pm

Yo shredded beef, you are way to big and strong already...let this old guy catch up to you and you will...THAN learn all my s e c r e t s ! lol

My bad...though you knew how I do them!

Please give them a try and let me know how you like them....

lol shredded beef? hey man im still tryin to master them big ole pink dbs... i know your somehere along the maroon level..

give them a try next time i do some back work..

jonnydunz
09-03-08, 10:04 pm
yeah buddy light weight baby all day long. putting in some great workouts as you always do. i know that everyone here finds something that they can take and utilize for themselves. i have used your 6way movement for shoulders and they are a killer. i added a little spice to it as i did it in a drop set format just to see what i could get done. well i paid for it big time, but my shoulders are getting bigger and more shapely. well all is well man with school and its keeping me very busy as well. so i have to get my time in here as much as possible. well take care man. peace.

Hoomgar
09-04-08, 10:03 am
Have you locked in on a show yet or are they all still just possibilities being played by ear day to day?

???

BigAnt
09-04-08, 2:45 pm
???

Pondering....My workouts are very good, cardio is on, diet is there...to be very honest...my sleep sucks, battleing insomnia---very bad...but still doing my best...Got to be 100% when - if I compete--all about competing against the best Big Ant...trophies mean nothing to me....

So there are a ton of shows in NJ-NY from 10/25 to 11/15...time will tell!

Still givng it my all---EVERY DAY!

Will visit the DE Crew next week to train and have Big Al take another look at me, last week he said--all is good, you are right on track!

BigAnt
09-04-08, 2:47 pm
yeah buddy light weight baby all day long. putting in some great workouts as you always do. i know that everyone here finds something that they can take and utilize for themselves. i have used your 6way movement for shoulders and they are a killer. i added a little spice to it as i did it in a drop set format just to see what i could get done. well i paid for it big time, but my shoulders are getting bigger and more shapely. well all is well man with school and its keeping me very busy as well. so i have to get my time in here as much as possible. well take care man. peace.

I signed up for Bio & Chem...was on a wait list for this semister....classes are filled, hopefully in the winter of 09 I can start....

I admire your tenacity...you got it all covered, are you good in school, does it come easy to you?

shizz702
09-04-08, 2:52 pm

Pondering....My workouts are very good, cardio is on, diet is there...to be very honest...my sleep sucks, battleing insomnia---very bad...but still doing my best...Got to be 100% when - if I compete--all about competing against the best Big Ant...trophies mean nothing to me....

Will visit the DE Crew next week to train and have Big Al take another look at me, last week he said--all is good, you are right on track!

Hey Ant you ever supplemented with melatonin for sleep? Really does the trick for me.

Hoomgar
09-04-08, 2:54 pm

Is good to hear bro. I figured you missed my question in the jumble and i was really curious because last word from you was that they are all possibilities but nothing was for sure yet. Deff going to be the "biggest" and best BigAnt to step on a stage yet! And Big Al givng ya the thumbs up? Thats good stuff because you know he don't pull punches. If you were not on target, he'd tell ya. Very exciting.

Keep eating big bro! Have you tried any Melatonin for the sleep support? Excellent natural stuff that just helps but doesn't leave ya feeling like a hang over in the AM. It is also thought to help promote GH during sleep.

Hg

BigAnt
09-04-08, 7:50 pm
Hey Ant you ever supplemented with melatonin for sleep? Really does the trick for me.

I tried everything ---script/over the counter...EVERYTHING...NOTHING WORKS...My insomnia usually comes and goes, but I don't need it while prepping for a show! LOL

THANKS FOR THE TIP!

BigAnt
09-04-08, 7:51 pm
Is good to hear bro. I figured you missed my question in the jumble and i was really curious because last word from you was that they are all possibilities but nothing was for sure yet. Deff going to be the "biggest" and best BigAnt to step on a stage yet! And Big Al givng ya the thumbs up? Thats good stuff because you know he don't pull punches. If you were not on target, he'd tell ya. Very exciting.

Keep eating big bro! Have you tried any Melatonin for the sleep support? Excellent natural stuff that just helps but doesn't leave ya feeling like a hang over in the AM. It is also thought to help promote GH during sleep.

Hg

Thanks....tried that-valerian root, all the stuff, will try it again.....

SQUAT or DIE!
09-04-08, 7:52 pm

I tried everything ---script/over the counter...EVERYTHING...NOTHING WORKS...My insomnia usually comes and goes, but I don't need it while prepping for a show! LOL

THANKS FOR THE TIP!

i ususally have that prolem, takin all kinds of stuff, nothign seems to work... school seems to help some

shizz702
09-04-08, 7:54 pm

THANKS FOR THE TIP!

It used to not really do much for me either, but what I have found works really well is chewing instead of swallowing it, seems to absorb much faster and more efficient that way. At least in your case it's just off and on and not a chronic problem. I have some trouble sleeping every now and then and if I have a hard time falling asleep I just try to be positive and think to myself at least I'm laying in bed relaxing and giving my body some rest, and I try not to panic thinking about having to go to work all tired and shitty the next day lol.

BigAnt
09-04-08, 7:54 pm
The Gym---alone

One arm stand dumbbell press 2x10 1x8 1x6

Seated front barbell press 1x10 1x5

Big Ant 6-way raise 1x12 2x10

Cable side raises 2x15 1x12

Rev pec dek 1x10 2x8

Nose pulls/2 second hold 3x15

Barbell shrug 4x10

Seated calf raise 2x15 2x10

Hack calf raise 3x20

SQUAT or DIE!
09-04-08, 7:55 pm
holy crap!! thats some great shoulder work, i dunno if my shoulders can handle that..

BigAnt
09-04-08, 7:56 pm
It used to not really do much for me either, but what I have found works really well is chewing instead of swallowing it, seems to absorb much faster and more efficient that way. At least in your case it's just off and on and not a chronic problem. I have some trouble sleeping every now and then and if I have a hard time falling asleep I just try to be positive and think to myself at least I'm laying in bed relaxing and giving my body some rest, and I try not to panic thinking about having to go to work all tired and shitty the next day lol.

Chew it, ok...how long should I take it before bed...

My prob. is I get up 2-4 times throughout the night, I go to bed at 11:30pm..Up at 1:00am/3:30am/5:00am and get up to start my day at 6:15 am...and feel real tired!

THANKS!

BigAnt
09-04-08, 7:58 pm
holy crap!! thats some great shoulder work, i dunno if my shoulders can handle that..

Back at my old gym near my house...beat up equipment, older stuff, heavy ass dumbbells-weights-nothing fancy-only 3 Hammer Machines...just old school, some equipment moves rough..LOVE IT!

SQUAT or DIE!
09-04-08, 8:00 pm

Back at my old gym near my house...beat up equipment, older stuff, heavy ass dumbbells-weights-nothing fancy-only 3 Hammer Machines...just old school, some equipment moves rough..LOVE IT!

sounds like my gym a month ago, they are upgrading :( no bueno!!

shizz702
09-04-08, 8:25 pm

My prob. is I get up 2-4 times throughout the night, I go to bed at 11:30pm..Up at 1:00am/3:30am/5:00am and get up to start my day at 6:15 am...and feel real tired!

THANKS!

I take it 30 min-1 hr before bed, ignore the taste and just take a gulp of water right after chewing it. I usually feel it kick right away that way. Give it a try, hope it works out for ya.

Hoomgar
09-04-08, 8:39 pm

THANKS!

Try slammin a 3mg dose of Melatonin and a dose of ZMA about 1/2 before bed bro. Should do the trick, keeps you anabolic and helps with recovery too. If that don't work, you may want to look into ways to clear your mind. They say the #1 cause of insomnia is an inability to shut down your mind and let go for the day.

Hg

shizz702
09-04-08, 8:43 pm
Try slammin a 3mg dose of Melatonin and a dose of ZMA about 1/2 before bed bro. Should do the trick, keeps you anabolic and helps with recovery too. If that don't work, you may want to look into ways to clear your mind. They say the #1 cause of insomnia is an inability to shut down your mind and let go for the day.

Hg

ZMA is good stuff too, as said keeps you in a anabolic state, and one thing I like about it is it gives you some crazy, vivid dreams. At least it did in my case.

18plusarms
09-04-08, 9:38 pm
whats up big ant? I was thinking today. Millions of people out there don't know how to get in shape, lose weight, gain muscle. There are so many books and videos and gurus. Supplement companies making tons of money. And the majority of people really still need to lose weight, gyms are filled with mostly with ones who would like to add muscle , lose weight. Get that look. Drug free. You know how to do it, I know how to do it, Many of our fellow competitors know how to do it, yet the majority of the people making money off the fitness industry don't have it and have no clue on how to attain it. Good luck with school. You should be a millionaire . Under our tutelage we could get America built and lean.

BigAnt
09-04-08, 11:43 pm
I take it 30 min-1 hr before bed, ignore the taste and just take a gulp of water right after chewing it. I usually feel it kick right away that way. Give it a try, hope it works out for ya.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------chewed one about 20 minutes ago...tasted like chicken! LOL

will let you know how I do...

thanks again!

shizz702
09-04-08, 11:50 pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------chewed one about 20 minutes ago...tasted like chicken! LOL

will let you know how I do...

thanks again!

lol funny you just mentioned that cause I just chewed one myself a few minutes ago.

BigAnt
09-05-08, 12:05 am
whats up big ant? I was thinking today. Millions of people out there don't know how to get in shape, lose weight, gain muscle. There are so many books and videos and gurus. Supplement companies making tons of money. And the majority of people really still need to lose weight, gyms are filled with mostly with ones who would like to add muscle , lose weight. Get that look. Drug free. You know how to do it, I know how to do it, Many of our fellow competitors know how to do it, yet the majority of the people making money off the fitness industry don't have it and have no clue on how to attain it. Good luck with school. You should be a millionaire . Under our tutelage we could get America built and lean.

Simple--huh?

All about marketing---being in the right place at the right time--Like my Job at Active, I took off with it...good huh?

Well, I tell people...who does your son want to learn how to play basketball from...a guy who read a book, took notes on, wrote papers on and took a test about Micheal Jordon or Micheal Jordon...You want Micheal Jordon to teach him right....Problem in today's society, without a MD, Degree, License or special graduate program after your name....you are shit out of luck...sure one can make some quick cash, but not big money to survive on!

A person could be the best hair dresser-barber ever, and could make some decent money out of their house, but if they had their license and a small shop...they would be rolling in the dough...

Marketing and---knowing the right people, sad but true...It is WHO do you know than WHAT do you know...to get your foot in the door, and if you know nobody, the door slams in your face...

I see personal trainers all the time, sure most look like they are put together in the dark, I don't judge them, hell, they might not want to look like me...but when I see some of the exercises they do and the potential of injury risk-not adhering to their client's goals...and these trainers are getting decent money, that burns me up...ya know! > ?

School, my wait list for Chem and Bio did not open...looks like I gotta try for the Winter session or marry a rich Italian woman who can spot me on heavy ass inclines...know any>? LOL

Preservarence, Tenacity & Self Confidence are what is going to make it...Hmmmmmmmmmmm these three words go hand in hand with bodybuilding prep---funny?

How is your wife-kids?

Maybe, when you get time, I will drive across the bridge to train with you...cool?

BigAnt
09-05-08, 4:03 pm
lol funny you just mentioned that cause I just chewed one myself a few minutes ago.

Tried it, made me kinda drowsy before I went to bed, but, I got up 3x last night....went to bed at 12:00am...got up at 1:45/3:00/5:30---alarm went of at 6:15 to start my day...will try it for 5 more days....
Thanks again!

SQUAT or DIE!
09-05-08, 4:05 pm

Tried it, made me kinda drowsy before I went to bed, but, I got up 3x last night....went to bed at 12:00am...got up at 1:45/3:00/5:30---alarm went of at 6:15 to start my day...will try it for 5 more days....
Thanks again!

do you just randomly wake up, or you gotta take a leak or somethin??

shizz702
09-05-08, 4:06 pm

Thanks again!

Hope it works out for ya Ant! You may want to try throwing in some ZMA with it.

BigAnt
09-05-08, 4:08 pm
do you just randomly wake up, or you gotta take a leak or somethin??

Funny shit, I get up-almost spring out of my bed, on auto pilot, but I am aware of what I am doing--NOT SLEEP WALKING...Go down stairs to the kitchen and have a bit of a snack...chicken breast with mustard, 1-2 rice cakes, piece of steak with ketchup, crystal light..and drag my butt up stairs to bed....

BigAnt
09-05-08, 4:08 pm

Thanks, will do...

shizz702
09-05-08, 4:13 pm

Funny shit, I get up-almost spring out of my bed, on auto pilot, but I am aware of what I am doing--NOT SLEEP WALKING...Go down stairs to the kitchen and have a bit of a snack...chicken breast with mustard, 1-2 rice cakes, piece of steak with ketchup, crystal light..and drag my butt up stairs to bed....

lol hey at least you're growing 24 hours that way! I actually remember reading a bulking article that said if you really want to be hardcore you can premake yourself a protien shake and put it in the fridge and have it whenever you wake up in the middle of the night to keep the protein flowing lol!

SQUAT or DIE!
09-05-08, 4:13 pm

wow, thats weird.... i just sleep when i sleep.. though eating while half awake sounds like something i could get into.. but i think i enjoy sleep to much to ruin it with food though..

Hoomgar
09-05-08, 4:41 pm

I second this, I think it will help ya bro.

Your hungry! Ant, your body is waking you up because it needs fuel bro! Now you got something to work with here. You eat good before bed? I'd go for slow digesting foods and see if that helps. Maybe slam a 2 scoop Casein shake and then take your Melatonin. This is what I do every night. I also wake up once or twice a night but it is only to wizz and jump back in bed. If I do get anything it is just another Casein shake. Try some Cottage Cheese before bed too. I know that is loaded with Casein protein. Casein digests really slow. LOL! The funny part is I know you know all this shit already bro. I'm just spoutin off info I got from people like you! :)

Hg

BigAnt
09-05-08, 7:22 pm
I second this, I think it will help ya bro.

Your hungry! Ant, your body is waking you up because it needs fuel bro! Now you got something to work with here. You eat good before bed? I'd go for slow digesting foods and see if that helps. Maybe slam a 2 scoop Casein shake and then take your Melatonin. This is what I do every night. I also wake up once or twice a night but it is only to wizz and jump back in bed. If I do get anything it is just another Casein shake. Try some Cottage Cheese before bed too. I know that is loaded with Casein protein. Casein digests really slow. LOL! The funny part is I know you know all this shit already bro. I'm just spoutin off info I got from people like you! :)

Hg

Thanks, I have a good meal prior to bed, might be just my mind..."HEY BIG ANT, GET INTO OFF-SEASON, DO MASTERS IN 09" Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wil figure it out....someday!

BigAnt
09-05-08, 7:23 pm
wow, thats weird.... i just sleep when i sleep.. though eating while half awake sounds like something i could get into.. but i think i enjoy sleep to much to ruin it with food though..

I would trade all of my Nike Shox to: soon as my head hits the pillow, I AM OUT UNTIL THE ALARM AT 6:15AM!

BigAnt
09-05-08, 7:26 pm
lol hey at least you're growing 24 hours that way! I actually remember reading a bulking article that said if you really want to be hardcore you can premake yourself a protien shake and put it in the fridge and have it whenever you wake up in the middle of the night to keep the protein flowing lol!

Off-season, it is cool, not pre-contest-LOL

I used to make a shake, put it in an insulated thermos, leave it in my master bathroom, up stairs, wake up in the middle of the night, go pee, drink the shake, go back to bed, didn't even have to walk down the steps! Hahahahahaha

SQUAT or DIE!
09-05-08, 7:29 pm

I would trade all of my Nike Shox to: soon as my head hits the pillow, I AM OUT UNTIL THE ALARM AT 6:15AM!

lol, my only real problem with waking up is my neighbor and his harley at 630-7 am... which is ok if i wake up at 7 but if its 8 i get all mad...

SQUAT or DIE!
09-05-08, 7:30 pm

I used to make a shake, put it in an insulated thermos, leave it in my master bathroom, up stairs, wake up in the middle of the night, go pee, drink the shake, go back to bed, didn't even have to walk down the steps! Hahahahahaha

thats my kinda thinkin.... hell now if you had a urinal next to your bed, youd be set!

BigAnt
09-05-08, 7:32 pm
lol, my only real problem with waking up is my neighbor and his harley at 630-7 am... which is ok if i wake up at 7 but if its 8 i get all mad...

What, a big boy like you afraid of a little Harley noise...sleep through it! LOL

Anything cool you are doing over the weekend?

I am training arms in the basement soon, 2 Animals from the board, a father and his son are coming over, maybe we can take some pictures.....

BigAnt
09-05-08, 7:33 pm
thats my kinda thinkin.... hell now if you had a urinal next to your bed, youd be set!

================================================== =================

R I G H T !

SQUAT or DIE!
09-05-08, 7:36 pm

What, a big boy like you afraid of a little Harley noise...sleep through it! LOL

Anything cool you are doing over the weekend?

I am training arms in the basement soon, 2 Animals from the board, a father and his son are coming over, maybe we can take some pictures.....

my bed is next to my window and he parks right by my window... i usually throw the pillow over my head and go back to sleep...

lol me cooling things?? NAAAHHH im just gonna hit some cardio this weekend, and sit around may get food so i can eat.. MAAAYBE study.. i live a boring life, far from anything besides the beach, real small town..

OOO some folks are lucky enough to train with ant in his basement!! :( kinda jealous...

shizz702
09-05-08, 8:08 pm

Lol Ant you've seen and done it all brotha!

SQUAT or DIE!
09-05-08, 8:11 pm
Lol Ant you've seen and done it all brotha!

he hasnt been to an ABC in TX....

shizz702
09-05-08, 8:15 pm
he hasnt been to an ABC in TX....

I'm sure he will one day.

SQUAT or DIE!
09-05-08, 8:16 pm
I'm sure he will one day.

he better!!! i want to train with ant... es my drean!!

BigAnt
09-05-08, 11:13 pm
Trained in the basement , TimK13 and his son RK both board members came over to train with me tonight, a great workout --- thanks!

My elbow was kinda bothering me, just a little lately, so we decided to warm up good and do some higer rep sets for the first exercise...went down like this...

Rope push downs 3x20
-super set-
Cable curls/close grip 3x20

*Elbow felt a bit better*

Close grip Smith 1x10 1x8 1x5+2F

Seated alt. db curl 1x10 2x8

Drag curl machine 2x10 1x8+1Neg.

Dip machine 2x8 1x6+2F

SQUAT or DIE!
09-05-08, 11:21 pm
looks like a good wo.. whats a drag curl? i only know 3 lifts, so im trying to expnad my knowledge!!

BigAnt
09-05-08, 11:44 pm
looks like a good wo.. whats a drag curl? i only know 3 lifts, so im trying to expnad my knowledge!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YItJcwyS1ZE&feature=related

I have a old-old slectorized weight machine that does this movement, a back pad locks you in, and it is all bicep brachialis - no shoulder movement what so ever...you can do them with dumbbells-barbells, try them, start very light, and do them as your last bicep exercise, tell me how you like them!

SQUAT or DIE!
09-05-08, 11:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YItJcwyS1ZE&feature=related

I have a old-old slectorized weight machine that does this movement, a back pad locks you in, and it is all bicep brachialis - no shoulder movement what so ever...you can do them with dumbbells-barbells, try them, start very light, and do them as your last bicep exercise, tell me how you like them!

interesting, lol i dont get to do curls for the girls anymore :( damn westside method..
may have to throw them in anyway...

John-TNS
09-06-08, 12:44 am
Looks like a good session there Ant... The more I lift, the more warm-up's I do... I am now a big fan of injury prevention.. Keep working hard as we all know you will!

BigAnt
09-06-08, 10:52 pm
Looks like a good session there Ant... The more I lift, the more warm-up's I do... I am now a big fan of injury prevention.. Keep working hard as we all know you will!

Very cool, injuries suck, and nobody wants one!

How is Tx?

You ever run into Ronnie Coleman ?

What new supplements are you trying out>?

SQUAT or DIE!
09-06-08, 11:01 pm
i wanna meet ronnie coleman!!!!!

jonnydunz
09-07-08, 5:10 am
workouts looking good bro. been busy as hell with school,work,family,studying, trying to workout. but the adjustment period is about over and i will be able to settle into a routine hopefully this week. this week will be a tough one as i have 3 test this week, but working out has been good for me during these times. man keep on training hard and wisely and have a great week bro. peace.

TimK13
09-07-08, 1:37 pm
Big Ant

Thanks for the workout & dinner!!!!! Ryan & I had a great time. Tri's are really sore.
I think you have more equiptment in your home gym then most commercial gyms.
don't worry I won't tell Dave about your secret Friday night Growth Meal. lol
Maybe we could train legs some sunday soon.

Thanks

Tim

McFly
09-08-08, 8:20 am
secret Friday night Growth Meal.

Ant, i thought you were dieting ???? as far as i know growth meals consist of lots of carbs????

Big Al
09-08-08, 9:18 am
HOLD UP,What secret Friday night Growth Meal??Your in trouble now.

RK
09-08-08, 10:40 am
damn dad look what u started hahahaha

Hoomgar
09-08-08, 11:04 am
I'm ducking for cover and will watch from the shadows....

BigAnt
09-08-08, 4:01 pm
Ant, i thought you were dieting ???? as far as i know growth meals consist of lots of carbs????

Still dieting...a secret!

Pizzalamp
09-08-08, 4:02 pm
i bet it was a big bowl of cavetelli w/ meat sauce and garlic bread parm

BigAnt
09-08-08, 4:04 pm
HOLD UP,What secret Friday night Growth Meal??Your in trouble now.

Come on Big Al, you OF ALL PEOPLE---Know how I roll--chicken-rice-beans-egg whites-oats-Iso Whey-potato-lean steak-veggies-tuna-salad...if it ain't n the paper, I don't eat it..

EXCEPT ---Turkey Hill peabut buatter ice cream and a chicken cheese staek, hell, I am harder than chinese arithmatic...LOL

SAME OLD BORING ASS FOOD, I AM EATING D U S T !

SQUAT or DIE!
09-08-08, 4:06 pm
MMM peanut butter ice cream... i can only find that when i go to jersey... WAWA peanut butter ice cream... MMM almost good enough to get me to go back..

BigAnt
09-08-08, 4:06 pm
damn dad look what u started hahahaha

They saw my upright freezer stocked with food, and chicken-steak cooking on my out door Webber gas grill after we trained....Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh and they witnessed my post workout shake being made....

AIN'T NO SECRETS EXCEPT---HOW BAD YOU R E A L L Y WANT IT!

BigAnt
09-08-08, 4:07 pm
I'm ducking for cover and will watch from the shadows....

It's all good LOL

BigAnt
09-08-08, 4:10 pm
i bet it was a big bowl of cavetelli w/ meat sauce and garlic bread parm

Damn slim shaddy...

NOW YOU ARE TALKING...CAN I GET A CEASAR SALAD AND SLICE OF CHEESE CAKE WITH! ?

Hoomgar
09-08-08, 4:12 pm

It's all good LOL

So it's safe to come out now? LOL!

Your making me hungry Ant!

BigAnt
09-08-08, 4:15 pm
So it's safe to come out now? LOL!

Your making me hungry Ant!

How are things?

School start for your boy>?

You going to the ABC in NJ this weekend>?

BigAnt
09-08-08, 4:20 pm
I am leaving for the Phillies game shortly, got "next to" the Nationals ground dug out seats.

SHIT...If I want one of those huge ass turkey drum sticks and cheese fries, I gotta eat out of the camera's way!

Hahahahahaha

Hoomgar
09-08-08, 4:29 pm

How are things?

School start for your boy>?

You going to the ABC in NJ this weekend>?

I'd do anything to be there bro but it looks like I'm sitting this one out.

The Boy started back to school last week. He was ready. He's joined the
weight training club at school. That's my boy ;)

John-TNS
09-08-08, 6:05 pm
Peanut Butter ice cream sounds good... Hope all is well with your diet man..Keep working hard!

BigAnt
09-09-08, 11:04 pm
Peanut Butter ice cream sounds good... Hope all is well with your diet man..Keep working hard!

All is very good, thank you...

And I made a mistake, the Phillies where playing the Marlins, my seat was first row behind the Marlins dug out, I actually had my diet soda resting on the top of the dug out...WITH MY 3 HOT DOGS AND A FUNNEL CAKE! LOL

GJN5002
09-09-08, 11:08 pm

All is very good, thank you...

And I made a mistake, the Phillies where playing the Marlins, my seat was first row behind the Marlins dug out, I actually had my diet soda resting on the top of the dug out...WITH MY 3 HOT DOGS AND A FUNNEL CAKE! LOL

haha that reminds me off when people go to a fast food joint and pig out but make a fuss to make sure its diet pepsi, not regular. good to see even the big dogs relax and eat like 'normal people' from time to time.

BigAnt
09-09-08, 11:23 pm
haha that reminds me off when people go to a fast food joint and pig out but make a fuss to make sure its diet pepsi, not regular. good to see even the big dogs relax and eat like 'normal people' from time to time.

was joking!

only had a diet soda...I am pre-contest dieting...did not eat that food, now if it was
off-season,,,it would be different!

McFly
09-10-08, 8:53 am
thought you were traing chest with us last week....this week??? what's up homey??

BigAnt
09-11-08, 7:31 pm
thought you were traing chest with us last week....this week??? what's up homey??

Been getting the workouts in, alone, not much time to record them...will log them soon...working a lot, also getting a new living room & dinning room set and an Procore EFX delivery in a couple of days, busy with house organizing stuff---and trying to get ready for a show on top of that...Men's Fitness-Model Search or MMA! lol

Yeah I need TTC workout again, wish I did live closer...next week it is on!

Did you find the 19 1/2 inch arm(s) I left there on my last workout,,,,Hahahahahaha

shizz702
09-11-08, 7:42 pm
Hey Ant, hope all is well and your training has been good. How has your sleep been lately? Did the melatonin help?

BigAnt
09-11-08, 10:46 pm
Hey Ant, hope all is well and your training has been good. How has your sleep been lately? Did the melatonin help?

All is good, thanks! Busy with work-home stuff...Melatonin did not work, but I am sleeping a bit better...some nights!

BigAnt
09-11-08, 11:24 pm
Leg ext. 4x15

Leg press 2x12 2x10

Power squat 2x12 1x8

Walking lunge 2x

Lying leg curl 3x15

Stiff leg deads 2x10 1x8

Standing unilateral leg curl 2x12 1x10

BigAnt
09-11-08, 11:26 pm
Bench press 1x8 1x6 1x5

Incline barbell 1x10 1x8 1x6

Cable x-over 3x15

One arm rev grip p/d 3x15

Skull crusher 2x10 1x8

John-TNS
09-11-08, 11:59 pm
Bench press 1x8 1x6 1x5

Incline barbell 1x10 1x8 1x6

Cable x-over 3x15

One arm rev grip p/d 3x15

Skull crusher 2x10 1x8

Solid bro... Keep crushing it

BigAnt
09-12-08, 12:10 am
Solid bro... Keep crushing it

Thank you very much!

How are things with you?

You ever try the can-package salmon for lean protein?

Walmart had them on sale...not bad---I walked by them while grabbing spring water and Crystal Light...I gotta wait for the off-season to have Salmon again...

RK
09-12-08, 9:33 am
Yo big man! Seems like your training real hard, keep it up! Just wanted you to know i could have used your leg day bucket this morning! haha had to hold it in a couple times! If you could check it out and give me some feedback id appreciate it man! Keep going strong and i hope your getting some more sleep! Peace.

RK

McFly
09-12-08, 9:39 am
Did you find the 19 1/2 inch arm(s) I left there on my last workout,,,,Hahahahahaha

nah....just some shrivled up Nike elbow wraps and a empty gatorade bottle....hahaha kidding!!

lasagna for meal 2 everyday this week = 1/2 pound gain on the scale everyday!!!

should be 250 at the ABC....i'm hoping!

Hoomgar
09-12-08, 10:42 am
nah....just some shrivled up Nike elbow wraps and a empty gatorade bottle....hahaha kidding!!

This is cruel and unusual punishment McFly, Anth can't eat that stuff right now and your talking about pasta dishes! LOL!

McFly
09-12-08, 10:53 am
This is cruel and unusual punishment McFly, Anth can't eat that stuff right now and your talking about pasta dishes! LOL!

you don't know the pictures of food he sent me while i was dieting....he deserves every bit of it...he's a big boy he can take it....

Hoomgar
09-12-08, 11:12 am
you don't know the pictures of food he sent me while i was dieting....he deserves every bit of it...he's a big boy he can take it....

I have not trouble believing this LOL!

BigAnt
09-12-08, 11:58 am

Must that new guy, I roll with with Champion elbow neoprene's

250lbs....you da man!

I will be a lean and shredded 175 1/4 pounds at the ABC!

BigAnt
09-12-08, 12:02 pm

I eat my share of Italian --- Italian water ice...is nice!

Pasta - had some pasta-chicken salad last night...was specially made for me---LOL

mikejones1
09-12-08, 12:06 pm

Must that new guy, I roll with with Champion elbow neoprene's

250lbs....you da man!

I will be a lean and shredded 175 1/4 pounds at the ABC!

are you shitting me?
you get down to 175 ant? crazy

McFly
09-12-08, 12:14 pm

I eat my share of Italian --- Italian water ice...is nice!

Pasta - had some pasta-chicken salad last night...was specially made for me---LOL

are you shitting me?

now Ant, you know i could pull some ball bustin comments here...but I'll be a good little fat boy and let Big AL have fun!!!

BigAnt
09-12-08, 12:35 pm
now Ant, you know i could pull some ball bustin comments here...but I'll be a good little fat boy and let Big AL have fun!!!

Going for that male fitness model role....ya know--Cali style! LOL

BigAnt
09-12-08, 12:38 pm
are you shitting me?

B;

How are you?

Nope, at 220-224 pounds, just teasing old Mcfly...

But, I was a big middle weight in 2005 176.4 pounds - on the come back from my shoulder surgery/6 month lay off...

Mcfly saw the old tapes...

BigAnt
09-12-08, 12:41 pm
I am eating dust-

chicken rice-chicken rice-lean meat veggies-tuna salad-egg whites oats-Iso Whey shakes made in my top secret super duper high speed flux campacitor blender-splender...

Hoomgar
09-12-08, 12:45 pm

B;

How are you?

But, I was a big middle weight in 2005 176.4 pounds - on the come back from my shoulder surgery/6 month lay off...

Had me worried Anth, at 175 I would look like a broom stick in a T-shirt. I know I am only a little taller than you and I've seen your size. I was thinking... 175, no way!?!?!

LOL!

Hg

DaveK
09-12-08, 3:40 pm

You should see some of the pictures I send him....pancakes, ice cream. I'm dining at Bucca Dipeppo tonight so I just might have to send a pic or two of some lasagna or thin crust pizza!

LMAO!!!

....Ant's like Dex anyway. Once he's in prep you could take him to the set of the Food Channel and it wouldn't bother him. Hardcore focus at it's best!

Hoomgar
09-12-08, 3:43 pm
You should see some of the pictures I send him....pancakes, ice cream. I'm dining at Bucca Dipeppo tonight so I just might have to send a pic or two of some lasagna or thin crust pizza!

LMAO!!!

....Ant's like Dex anyway. Once he's in prep you could take him to the set of the Food Channel and it wouldn't bother him. Hardcore focus at it's best!

Funny stuff Dave. Also more info that doesn't surprise me. This guy your talking about is the guys that goes back into the gym and trains hard on major injuries to get them to heal. I've seen his metal, hardcore as it gets.

mikejones1
09-12-08, 4:39 pm

B;

How are you?

yo ant, not too good honestly. im trying to make a move by next year to florida. looking to go to school there. this just arent looking up for me here. adjusting since ive been out of the marines and its time for a move. but i got to go to school there and do well. but i have to take my sats, since i never did, and get a good score. pain in my ass.
but my bulk is going well thats for sure
how about you though?

McFly
09-12-08, 7:06 pm

B;

How are you?

yes I did see the tapes...seeing the tapes of Ant and the chnages he made year to year is simply amazing....Proof of what hard work and determination can yeild....lit a fire under my ass for sure...I want to be able to look back and see changes like that in myself

BigAnt
09-12-08, 11:11 pm
Off season Mcfly, the 120's 30's and 40-'s are calling your name for shld. presses...light ass weight...for you!

See you at your crib tomorrow close to noon...

BigAnt
09-13-08, 7:34 pm
Shoulders in NJ at the ABC

Big Al/Mcfly and myself...Big Al and Mcfly throwing some real heavy ass weight around!
Me, just doing what I do...LOL

Dumbbell shld. press 3x6-8

Lateral raise 3x8-10 1x35 reps(light pump set)

Rev pec dek 3x10-12

Barbell shrug 3x8-10

Seated calf 3x15

Leg press calf raise 3x20

Was great to see every one again!

shizz702
09-13-08, 7:55 pm
Good work Ant! Did you break out the orange dumbbells on them!? lol!

Glad to see you guys met up and had a good time!

jonnydunz
09-13-08, 9:15 pm
i see that you are still doing great things Big Fella. all has been well with me man as i have been very busy with school, but its all good. glad to see that your workouts are going great too. man i wish that i could go to an ABC event, but i will get to one eventually. keep up the great work man. peace.

BigAnt
09-16-08, 4:09 pm
Leg ext. 3x15 1x12
Vertial leg press 2x10 1x6 1x20
Power squat 1x10 1x6 1x50
Walking lunges 2x
Seated leg curl 2x15 1x12
Stiff leg deads 3x10
Hip add 1x20 1x15
Hip add 1x20 1x15

*Training alone sucks, but it is what it is....no spotter, so I had to go a bit lighter on my last set of leg presses-power squats to get more intensity...

Enforcer
09-16-08, 4:16 pm
Leg ext. 3x15 1x12
Vertial leg press 2x10 1x6 1x20
Power squat 1x10 1x6 1x50
Walking lunges 2x
Seated leg curl 2x15 1x12
Stiff leg deads 3x10
Hip add 1x20 1x15
Hip add 1x20 1x15

*Training alone sucks, but it is what it is....no spotter, so I had to go a bit lighter on my last set of leg presses-power squats to get more intensity...

Nice session Ant. When are we going to train in the basement?

BigAnt
09-16-08, 8:41 pm
Nice session Ant. When are we going to train in the basement?

Thanks!

Any time is good for you, or we can go up into your neck of the woods and train....

shizz702
09-16-08, 8:43 pm
Nice wheels session Ant! I know legs is one of your specialities ;)

Hey I got vids posted up in my journey now, please check em out whenever you get a chance, I'd love to see what you think!

BigAnt
09-16-08, 8:44 pm
Trained alone/Gym-TL

Barbell bench press 1x10 1x8 1x6 1x3 dropx8 dropx15

Incline barbell 3x6-8
super set
Cable x-over 3x12-15 (high-mid-low)

Incline dumbbell 1x8 1x6 1x5

Tricep p/d v-handle 2x15 1x12

Dumbell tricep ext. 2x8 1x6

BigAnt
09-16-08, 8:47 pm
Nice wheels session Ant! I know legs is one of your specialities ;)

Hey I got vids posted up in my journey now, please check em out whenever you get a chance, I'd love to see what you think!

Thank you!

Regular leg press was being used, so did the Vertical...a good change, and training alone, kicked out some higher reps for last couple of sets...

Will check out your Journey now!

John-TNS
09-18-08, 11:27 pm
Trained alone/Gym-TL

Barbell bench press 1x10 1x8 1x6 1x3 dropx8 dropx15

Incline barbell 3x6-8
super set
Cable x-over 3x12-15 (high-mid-low)

Incline dumbbell 1x8 1x6 1x5

Tricep p/d v-handle 2x15 1x12

Dumbell tricep ext. 2x8 1x6

Looks good, keep working hard! A hurricane can't stop me =)

BigAnt
09-19-08, 1:49 pm
Gym TL -Alone

Pull ups 3x15
Tbar rows 2x8 2x6
Dumbbell rows 3x10
Low pulley rows 3x10

Stand alt. db curl 1x10 1x8
Cable curls 2x12 1x10

McFly
09-19-08, 2:36 pm
what up big homie????

lots of rowin i see!!!

jonnydunz
09-19-08, 6:44 pm
whats good Big Ant, i see that you are still crushin it big time and i would not expect anything else but the best. everything has been good with man with school, work,family,workouts. busy, busy man, but i am getting it done my man. take care bro and looking forward to that day when you hit the stage again. peace.

shizz702
09-19-08, 6:46 pm
Nice back session Ant! Always good to throw a little bicep work in after back too! Do you ever do your pullups weighted?

McFly
09-20-08, 1:46 pm
good session yesterday! you know the ball bustin is all in good Training Center love!!!

BigAnt
09-20-08, 4:34 pm
good session yesterday! you know the ball bustin is all in good Training Center love!!!

Yeah I need the "kick in the striated ass once in a while"

Great workout, you got some serious strong shoulders!

BigAnt
09-20-08, 4:36 pm
With the big boyz in TTC, DE---Big Al and Mcfly

Basic heavy ass shit...barbell presses, front/side raises, bent over laterals, shrugs and calves....Damn!

BigAnt
09-20-08, 4:38 pm
Nice back session Ant! Always good to throw a little bicep work in after back too! Do you ever do your pullups weighted?

How is your weekend>?

Yeah, I use weight when my body weight gets close to 210-215lbs. in pre-contest mode, hanging a dumbbell with a weight belt around my waist....Off-season no weight needed, I am close to 250lbs.

shizz702
09-20-08, 7:10 pm

How is your weekend>?

Yeah, I use weight when my body weight gets close to 210-215lbs. in pre-contest mode, hanging a dumbbell with a weight belt around my waist....Off-season no weight needed, I am close to 250lbs.

Damn so you bulk up to 250 lbs off season?! Your a beast Ant, lol and seem to do it like it ain't no thang! I'm trying to get up to 240!

Weekend is going ok, I work weekends and right now we are getting into the slow season (I work for Budweiser, and peak summer is our busiest season), so it's nice to be able to take it easy after busting ass this summer.

How are things going for you brotha? You sleeping any better?

BigAnt
09-22-08, 8:24 pm
Legs alone Gym/TL

leg ext 4x15

leg press 2x12 1x10 1x8

power squat 2x10 1x6

walking lunge 2x

seated leg curl 3x15

stiff leg deads 2x10 1x8

hip add 2x15

hip abd 2x15

shizz702
09-22-08, 8:25 pm
Ah legs, Ant's speciality!

Solid session as usual brotha!

John-TNS
09-23-08, 12:36 am
Legs alone Gym/TL

leg ext 4x15

leg press 2x12 1x10 1x8

power squat 2x10 1x6

walking lunge 2x

seated leg curl 3x15

stiff leg deads 2x10 1x8

hip add 2x15

hip abd 2x15

Looks good, I like your volume

McFly
09-23-08, 9:04 am
strong body strong mind

you know what you gotta do big dawg!!!! the time is now!

BigAnt
09-24-08, 10:30 am
Training Center, DE

Big Al, Mcfly and myself...

Barbell bench press 4x5-10

Incline barbell 4x5-10

Hammer Isolateral press/flat 3x8-10

Tricep v-bar p/d 3x10-12

Skull crusher 4x8-12

1 arm rope p/d 3x12-15

McFly
09-24-08, 10:31 am
Training Center, DE

Big Al, Mcfly and myself...

Barbell bench press 4x5-10

Incline barbell 4x5-10

Hammer Isolateral press/flat 3x8-10

Tricep v-bar p/d 3x10-12

Skull crusher 4x8-12

1 arm rope p/d 3x12-15

good training last night!! and way too much fun!!!

RK
09-24-08, 11:56 am
Looking good Ant! Keep on lifting that heavy ass weight. What's your schedule looking like for this Friday 9/26? Think im gonna be coming home again for the weekend so maybe You, my Dad and I can all get together. Let me know! Don't stop going strong.

RK

Hoomgar
09-24-08, 12:07 pm
Training with the freaks is always set to be a great time. Good stuff BigAnt.

Hg

BigAnt
09-24-08, 12:48 pm
Looking good Ant! Keep on lifting that heavy ass weight. What's your schedule looking like for this Friday 9/26? Think im gonna be coming home again for the weekend so maybe You, my Dad and I can all get together. Let me know! Don't stop going strong.

RK

Hey R;

How is school?
Just spoke to your dad a few hours ago, give me a call - shoulders friday and legs sunday....

RK
09-24-08, 3:44 pm

Hey R;

How is school?
Just spoke to your dad a few hours ago, give me a call - shoulders friday and legs sunday....

School's doing pretty good right now, got classes from 5 to 930 tonight then the gym so its been a little hectic but nothing that cant be overcome. But yeah ill give u a call tomorrow afternoon sometime. Take it easy.

RK

jonnydunz
09-24-08, 7:00 pm
i see ya big fella puttin in some great work. training hard and smart as usual. how is the body feeling my man. all is well on this end bro as i am still hittin it hard too. stay focused and stay strong bro. peace.

shizz702
09-24-08, 7:41 pm
Ant, still killing it brotha! You gonna be down here for the Olympia?

John-TNS
09-24-08, 7:47 pm
Keep on killing it BA

BigAnt
09-24-08, 11:21 pm
Ant, still killing it brotha! You gonna be down here for the Olympia?

Thanks,,,just trying to do my best....I am not going to Vegas, look for Natural Guy and GDiesel to represent...

Firedrake
09-24-08, 11:25 pm
Lookin' strong, Ant -- nice combination of work -- hitting all the angles. Hope you don't mind if I sub in.

'drake

BigAnt
09-25-08, 8:59 pm
LA Fitness for a change...trained with a little power house of a girl, she is getting ready for Master Nats. in 09...a fierce competitor!

Pull ups, t-bar rows, one arm dumbbell rows, low pulley rows, rack deads, pull downs, barbell curls, dumbbell curls and preacher culrs...heavy-strict form and working fast, with little rest!

BigAnt
09-25-08, 9:00 pm
Lookin' strong, Ant -- nice combination of work -- hitting all the angles. Hope you don't mind if I sub in.

'drake

thanks for stopping by....appreciate the kind words!

SQUAT or DIE!
09-25-08, 9:07 pm
LA Fitness for a change...trained with a little power house of a girl, she is getting ready for Master Nats. in 09...a fierce competitor!

Pull ups, t-bar rows, one arm dumbbell rows, low pulley rows, rack deads, pull downs, barbell curls, dumbbell curls and preacher culrs...heavy-strict form and working fast, with little rest!

sounds like you had a great day at the gym.. ya lil social butterfly!

Vaze_06
09-25-08, 9:13 pm

ahaha x2

BigAnt
09-25-08, 9:13 pm

Just training hard --- and this girl will do great damage when she competes again next year!

Actually this LA Fit. gym was not that bad, decent equipment and not realy crowded!

BigAnt
09-25-08, 9:15 pm
ahaha x2

Yeah, I had special Pomade in my hair for training...NOT!

LOL

Vaze_06
09-25-08, 9:19 pm

Yeah, I had special Pomade in my hair for training...NOT!

LOL

spiky hair maybe?! hmm... nothing bad in trying to look good ;p

SQUAT or DIE!
09-25-08, 9:40 pm

Just training hard --- and this girl will do great damage when she competes again next year!

Actually this LA Fit. gym was not that bad, decent equipment and not realy crowded!

did you flex extra hard when you did curls for your new lady friend?? maybe break out the maroon DBs to show off a bit hhmm???

sounds like a decent gym, mines got old stuff, but it works and thats all i need, not all this fancy new equipment...

Vaze_06
09-25-08, 9:44 pm
did you flex extra hard when you did curls for your new lady friend?? maybe break out the maroon DBs to show off a bit hhmm???

sounds like a decent gym, mines got old stuff, but it works and thats all i need, not all this fancy new equipment...

come on Squatty! it's Big Ant!! he wouldnt Never take off his T and work out only with a tank to show his muscle to la Senorita!!
absolutely not :)

SQUAT or DIE!
09-25-08, 9:48 pm
come on Squatty! it's Big Ant!! he wouldnt Never take off his T and work out only with a tank to show his muscle to la Senorita!!
absolutely not :)

shit if i looked like him i would do it just cause i could!!!

John-TNS
09-25-08, 9:50 pm

Sounds like everything a back\bicept workout should be! Good stuff man

BigAnt
09-25-08, 10:11 pm
spiky hair maybe?! hmm... nothing bad in trying to look good ;p

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh just the wet look going on...LOL

Now everybody knows I roll with a baseball hat on - or skull cap when I train.
ALWAYS!

You all saw the training pics! LOL

Vaze_06
09-25-08, 10:15 pm

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh just the wet look going on...LOL

Now everybody knows I roll with a baseball hat on - or skull cap when I train.
ALWAYS!

You all saw the training pics! LOL

LOL
yeah i saw them... u would have no problem winning the ''wet t-shirt contest'' :P

BigAnt
09-25-08, 10:15 pm

LOL---Lady friend! LOL

Yeah used the yellow dumbbells to do monster cheat dumbbell curls, and she was all over my H U G E biceps! LOL

Truth be told, she is very strong, a bit older than me and was at several Animal Gatherings...she trains very hard and is very comitted to her body building goals!

The gym was pretty decent for a LA Fitness club, wouldn't mind training there again!

BigAnt
09-25-08, 10:16 pm
Sounds like everything a back\bicept workout should be! Good stuff man

thanks, was a very good workout....

SQUAT or DIE!
09-25-08, 10:20 pm

LOL---Lady friend! LOL

Yeah used the yellow dumbbels to do monster cheat dumbbell curls, and she was all over my H U G E biceps! LOL

Truth be told, she is very strong, a bit older than me and was at several Animal Gatherings...she trains very hard and is very comitted to her body building goals!

The gym was pretty decent for a LA Fitness club, wouldn't mind training there again!

yes lady friend- is this a new phrase to you yanks???? maybe ill have to tell ya about how this man woman thing works sometime ;) LOL

OH SHIT YELLOW??? ive never seen those!!! man im jealous now, yellow DBs and pretty cougars... DAMN IT!!!!

i think you should go to metroflex and train with there old school equipment....

Firedrake
09-26-08, 1:01 am

Solid workout -- what kind of sets and reps, if you don't mind my asking?

'drake

BigAnt
09-26-08, 2:36 pm
Solid workout -- what kind of sets and reps, if you don't mind my asking?

'drake

How is it going?

Reps between 8-12 - sets--depends on how I feel, usually 3-4.....

Big Wides
09-26-08, 2:46 pm

I have heard that there are others in the area that makes the one I train at look horrible (well more that it already is). Nice sessions there big man

BigAnt
09-26-08, 7:52 pm
Had a last minute workout at LA Fit...change in work-afternoon plans came up...Sorry RK, we will train together, if you want on Sunday...Legs?

Dumbbell shld press 3x8-10
Machine shld press 2x12
Seated side lateral 3x8-10
Cable sides 2x15
Bent over lateral raise 3x10
Barbell shrug 3x8-10 1x5
Seated calf raise 4x15
Standing calf raise 4x20

BigAnt
09-26-08, 7:54 pm
I have heard that there are others in the area that makes the one I train at look horrible (well more that it already is). Nice sessions there big man

You and I both know "Intensity" is from within...the dumbbells went up to 125lbs and had pretty decent equipment....can't get used to the rubber coated plates...LOL

eblnyc
09-26-08, 8:26 pm
Had a last minute workout at LA Fit...change in work-afternoon plans came up...Sorry RK, we will train together, if you want on Sunday...Legs?

Machine shld press 2x12
Cable sides 2x15
Barbell shrug 3x8-10 1x5
Seated calf raise 4x15
Standing calf raise 4x20

kickin ass ant..i would expect anything less from u..u never disappoint..

John-TNS
09-27-08, 12:36 am

Machine shld press 2x12
Cable sides 2x15
Barbell shrug 3x8-10 1x5
Seated calf raise 4x15
Standing calf raise 4x20

Another solid session in the books...Getting it done BA!

RK
09-27-08, 1:08 am
no biggie Ant i ended up training at Better Bodies by myself but it was a good one. We will just have to meet up another weekend cause I'm not really sure what time im headin back to school on sunday so i think im gonna train legs tomorrow. keep hitting them hard! peace
RK

BigAnt
09-29-08, 8:33 pm
leg ext
leg press
squats
lunges
hamstring curl
stiff leg deads

all heavy, trained to failure and did some drop sets...great work out!

Vaze_06
09-29-08, 8:35 pm
leg ext
leg press
squats
lunges
hamstring curl
stiff leg deads

always a beast.... those failure must have hurt Bad!

John-TNS
09-29-08, 9:04 pm
leg ext
leg press
squats
lunges
hamstring curl
stiff leg deads

Looks good! Gonna be sore from this one!

shizz702
09-29-08, 9:09 pm
Oh yea, legs are Ant's specialty! I know that had to be a good session!

Firedrake
09-29-08, 11:12 pm
leg ext
leg press
squats
lunges
hamstring curl
stiff leg deads

Sounds good to me!

'drake

SQUAT or DIE!
09-29-08, 11:15 pm
leg ext
leg press
squats
lunges
hamstring curl
stiff leg deads

failure an dropsets??? UGH your gonna make me cry just thinking about that insanity... 3 reps is the way to go.. im tellin ya youll never want to go back...

BigAnt
09-30-08, 8:21 pm
failure an dropsets??? UGH your gonna make me cry just thinking about that insanity... 3 reps is the way to go.. im tellin ya youll never want to go back...

I know, but I am old, gotta work up to it---slowly! lol

BigAnt
09-30-08, 8:25 pm
Finally, a person to train chest with at my gym...felt good to go heavy again!

Bench press x10 x8 x5 x3+2F

Incline Dumbbell x10 x8 x5+2F+1Neg.

Incline Smith x8 x6 x5

Cable x-over 2x15

Skull crusher x12 2x10

Tricep p/d 3x12

Tricep ext 2x10

SQUAT or DIE!
09-30-08, 8:27 pm
good work big guy..

LittleMan55
09-30-08, 8:28 pm
Great chest and tri work!

eblnyc
09-30-08, 8:31 pm
nice work ant..by the way your not old,you got more stamina than guys half your age,stop kidding yourself...lol

BigAnt
09-30-08, 8:33 pm
good work big guy..

thank you!

how are things going for you?

BigAnt
09-30-08, 8:34 pm
Great chest and tri work!

thank you---felt good to have a training partner-spotter---even if it was for one night....

SQUAT or DIE!
09-30-08, 8:36 pm

thank you!

how are things going for you?

pretty good, training is great, im adjusting my diet some, aced all my exams last week!!

how thing for you??

BigAnt
09-30-08, 8:36 pm
nice work ant..by the way your not old,you got more stamina than guys half your age,stop kidding yourself...lol

If you say so...LOL

Appreciate the kind words!

How is every thing in your neck of the woods...your shoulder still good?

eblnyc
09-30-08, 8:46 pm

If you say so...LOL

Appreciate the kind words!

How is every thing in your neck of the woods...your shoulder still good?

shoulder is good,my back on the other hand is not..its just a muscle strain ,i will live.

LittleMan55
09-30-08, 9:26 pm

thank you---felt good to have a training partner-spotter---even if it was for one night....

I know that feeling. I hate having to scramble to get one, always seems to kill the work out a little...

shizz702
09-30-08, 9:28 pm
Ant brotha, getting it done as usual!

BigAnt
09-30-08, 10:01 pm
shoulder is good,my back on the other hand is not..its just a muscle strain ,i will live.

Ok details please.....

BigAnt
09-30-08, 10:03 pm
I know that feeling. I hate having to scramble to get one, always seems to kill the work out a little...

Yeah training back at my gym, near my house, new time-new job...different people there...it is what it is.....

But it does help having a spotter and a reliable training partner!

BigAnt
09-30-08, 10:04 pm
Ant brotha, getting it done as usual!

Thanks!

Have you seen Cutler out there latey?

jonnydunz
09-30-08, 10:07 pm
man i see that you had a great workout with a partner. throwing around some heavy weight as well. keep on doing big things bro and thanks for all the motivation from your postings man. i have been reading off and on and it gets me going all the time man. thanks for all of your insight into this life of bodybuilding man as i still am living by the info that you have given me. i have some new pics that i took that i hope to post tomorrow. progress has been going good along with school. i will finally be able to join this other gym that will allow me to go the next level i hope. training is good and nutrition is improving as well. take care man and thanks again for all that you have helped me to attain. plus i have to get myself looking great for the Arnold next year too, i gots to represent well bro. peace.

shizz702
09-30-08, 10:07 pm

Thanks!

Have you seen Cutler out there latey?

I've seen him around at a local gym a few times, big boy, big as they come!

machineman
09-30-08, 10:13 pm
intense w/o, man!!

BigAnt
10-01-08, 5:05 pm
man i see that you had a great workout with a partner. throwing around some heavy weight as well. keep on doing big things bro and thanks for all the motivation from your postings man. i have been reading off and on and it gets me going all the time man. thanks for all of your insight into this life of bodybuilding man as i still am living by the info that you have given me. i have some new pics that i took that i hope to post tomorrow. progress has been going good along with school. i will finally be able to join this other gym that will allow me to go the next level i hope. training is good and nutrition is improving as well. take care man and thanks again for all that you have helped me to attain. plus i have to get myself looking great for the Arnold next year too, i gots to represent well bro. peace.

You da man! Working full time, school and a family...plus never missing a hard workout or a nutrient dense meal...you are the motivation!

Hope you can get to that new gym soon so you can really go to the next level..

Now about those Eagles? ! LOL