PDA

View Full Version : My Workout Today...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

BigAnt
09-05-07, 10:29 pm
Trained forarms and calves in the basement...

Reverse curls 3x10-12
Seated wrist curls 4x12-15
Gripper machine in wrist flexion-extension 3x15-20

Seated calf raise 5x25

Going to bed shortly, gotta have my last meal of orange roughy and salad, and than need my beauty sleep!

Sir J-Werk
09-05-07, 11:29 pm
Ant,

Droppin' by to see how ya been.

Stay Strong, stay Focused, stay Animal!
Respect.

hjayss
09-06-07, 4:44 am
SOLID SESSION BRO..that is why I stay tunned in..it is also funny how you start out a reply..YOP..it kinda makes you stop and freeze and read what is he gonna say after that...

Roland
09-06-07, 3:25 pm
great workout ant, looking forward to some more pictures, very motivating, peace bro.

BigAnt
09-06-07, 9:36 pm
Ant,

Droppin' by to see how ya been.

Respect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for checking in...how was your summer, you still hitting the weights hard?

I am good, thanks for asking....just doing what I gotta do to beat the Anthony of 2006's conditioning-size!

BigAnt
09-06-07, 9:42 pm
SOLID SESSION BRO..that is why I stay tunned in..it is also funny how you start out a reply..YOP..it kinda makes you stop and freeze and read what is he gonna say after that...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY--YO!

Like Rocky..South Philly! HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks, trying to do my best--Every day!

I am very fortunate I got very good friends like Big Al, Punisher, & G who live close to me...my training partner Bobby...and you, Lowdown, Liftheavy, and all the other Animals who supprt me...makes me train harder and want to improve from my 2006 body even more!

Maybe I will have Punisher make BigAnt BigAl and Ox shirts for Nationals! LOL

BigAnt
09-06-07, 9:44 pm
great workout ant, looking forward to some more pictures, very motivating, peace bro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM THE GOD FATHER
"Just when I though I was done, they drag me back in"

LOL---was going to take a break from pics for 2-4 weeks, but if you guys want them...I will take-post (have Lowdown) LOL post more..I cannot post
pics?!

schodle2
09-06-07, 9:54 pm
Hey Ant how did the training go tonight? sorry wasnt there again, but i think im goin to be able to start coming in next week, if i can work something out with my teacher.

schodle2
09-06-07, 9:56 pm
are you going in tomorrow cause i will most likely be there if not i might just wait til sunday to do my deads with you on your leg day. and i called nick yesterday and today but i think i just missed him both times wat time does he stay til?

BigAnt
09-06-07, 10:02 pm
Trained alone today-just me and my walkman!
Bobby---get your butt back in the gym-LOL

How is your dad-school?

I got fired up pretty quick today, why---just got thinking about my peers, are they training hard as me, they all got some pretty good genetics, but are they willing to do what it takes in the gym to improve?

One arm standing shoulder press 4x6-12 STRONG!
Streamline shoulder press/plate loaded 3x5-8
3-Way lateral raise (side-front-over head than reverse it) 3x10-12 BURNING!
Cable side raises 3x10-12
Wide upright rows 3x10-12
Reverse pec-dek 3x12-15
super set
Nose pulls 3x12-15
Barbell shrug 4x8-10

Cooked some more fish....getting ready to pose now, have a fish meal---than getting my beauty sleep!

Gotta keep Big Al's nick name for me true (pretty boy) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lowdown5
09-06-07, 10:05 pm
Ant, you are training your ass off, diet is spot on, doing your cardio. Proud of the effort and intensity you bring everyday. Anything I can do to help from so far away, let me know.

BigAnt
09-06-07, 10:14 pm
Ant, you are training your ass off, diet is spot on, doing your cardio. Proud of the effort and intensity you bring everyday. Anything I can do to help from so far away, let me know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS!

Yo and the Animals are doing great with the support!

Going to ask Punisher to make/know some who will make--some BigAnt-BigAL
(HIS NAME SHOULD BE FREAK) & Ox shirts for NATIONALS...

Big ANIMAL SYMBOL ON THE FRONT
Our names on top of the back--and below that "How bad do you want it"

Well?

schodle2
09-06-07, 10:26 pm
love the volume, good stuff ant, my dads doing ok i guess thanks for asking, hes still workin, very tough guy love him to death does everything he can to provide for us. keep up the hard work, and thanks for the advise about the bicep.

Lowdown5
09-06-07, 10:41 pm

THANKS!

Yo and the Animals are doing great with the support!

Going to ask Punisher to make/know some who will make--some BigAnt-BigAL
(HIS NAME SHOULD BE FREAK) & Ox shirts for NATIONALS...

Big ANIMAL SYMBOL ON THE FRONT
Our names on top of the back--and below that "How bad do you want it"

Well?

I want a couple of those shirts. Can't be there but I can damn sure show my support for my fellow Animals.

Lowdown5
09-06-07, 10:43 pm
love the volume, good stuff ant, my dads doing ok i guess thanks for asking, hes still workin, very tough guy love him to death does everything he can to provide for us. keep up the hard work, and thanks for the advise about the bicep.

Bobby, been saying my prayers for your Dad. He is a hardcore cat, loves his family and works hard to take care of them. He has my respect and I hope he gets better.

Roland
09-06-07, 11:20 pm
Man would love to rock one of those shirts with how bad do you want it on it, sick stuff bro.

schodle2
09-07-07, 10:27 am
thanks LD , i really appreciate that, means alot.

BigAnt
09-07-07, 11:20 pm
Went to NJ to trash arms today, Champion Fitness, formerly Powerhouse Gym in Bordentown, NJ...Not much of a crowd on a Friday night...guess people did the "happy hour" thang....

Smith machine close grip bench 3x6-10
Skull crusher/wide grip 3x8-10
One arm low pulley extensions 3x10-12
Tricep push down/straight bar 3x10-12
Barbell curls 3x8-10
Seated alternate dumbbell curls 3x6-8
One arm dumbbell 90 degree preacher curl 2x12
Standing hammer curl 3x8-10
Wrist/reverse wrist curls 3x10-12
Reverse curls 3x8-10
Hanging leg raise 2x25
Reverse crunch 2x25
Hack calf raise 4x25

Done deal...nice drive home on the NJ/PA turnpike!

schodle2
09-07-07, 11:55 pm
nice arm day ant good volume. hows the elbow feeling?

BigAnt
09-07-07, 11:59 pm
nice arm day ant good volume. hows the elbow feeling?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Elbow is ok...guess what...almost "lost it" again training biceps...WTF? lol

But honestly, today was the worst day for pollen count...my allergies where buggin!

Legs on Sunday?

Roland
09-08-07, 12:13 am
great workout today Brother!

schodle2
09-08-07, 12:25 am
il be there to spot you, and il prolly do some auxillary work. u work tomorrow? il be in to fill out the paper work.

BigAnt
09-09-07, 8:14 pm
Worked seven hours today at my part time job, went to he gym to train legs...My boy Bobby was ther doing some auxilliary work, and was there to push-spot me..THANKS BOBBY!

Knee extension 3x20--today it did not bother my knee ! ??

Heavy ass leg press, after 3 warm ups...4x8-15

Bobby was saying "Ant quit shooting your gun off early with this 15 rep stuff, let's go heavier" I had two 100lb plates on each side of the sled, and the remainder sled filled up with 45lb plates (10 more on each side) for my first set of 15...mind you at 13 I was dead! Second set I added two more 45lb plates, in the platform frame where the foot press plate is located, did that for 15, again at 12 I wanted to dye...third set (when Bobby told me I was shooting off early) I added an extra 150lbs. for 15 reps...after the 10 rep mark, it was all mental! My last set, added another 90lbs....did that for 10 reps! I hobbled on to the Power Squat next, and remember my knee is not 100% healed, so the higher reps did not cause any pain, and still brought in some muscle growth...INTENSITY RULES!

Power Squat...after 3 warm ups...3x8-10

Again the machine was loaded to the max, and had an extra 150lbs on the back-top part for my last set!

Walking lunges up/back gym length 2 sets

Lying leg curl 3x10-15
Super setted
Hip Adductor 3x15-20

Seated leg curl 2x25--smoked em' with the higher reps...

Wanted to take my "after" workout pic, sitting on the couch at home, knees up on my coffee table, boots off, ice packs on both kness and sipping Torrent, looking half dead!

N I C E!

Lowdown5
09-09-07, 8:30 pm
Solid day Ant, that is some serious training.

BigAnt
09-09-07, 9:01 pm
Solid day Ant, that is some serious training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Means a lot that you said it!

schodle2
09-09-07, 9:27 pm
nice training today big guy, looked very focused and as confident in yourself as i have ever seen you. keep it up Ant, only what 7-8 weeks left, keep that in mind tomorrow.

BigAnt
09-09-07, 9:34 pm
nice training today big guy, looked very focused and as confident in yourself as i have ever seen you. keep it up Ant, only what 7-8 weeks left, keep that in mind tomorrow.

YOU ICING YOUR ELBOW?

THANKS AGAIN FOR MEETING ME THERE TODAY!

How did you like that "new corner squat" ?

schodle2
09-09-07, 9:38 pm
no problem, il try and come tomorrow, but i have to pick my nephew up from daycare so it depends on what time my sis gets home. yeah i iced when i got home il ice it again before i go to bed after the game. GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!

Roland
09-09-07, 9:44 pm
Great leg day BigAnt....gotta love torrent....iced!

Nightshift
09-10-07, 6:32 am
Your workouts are looking awesome!! Your gonna do some major damage on stage!!!

BigAnt
09-10-07, 9:07 pm
Hey Bobby;

Stopped shooting my gun off early, check out my reps today!

Trained alone..no one in the gym...except the beautiful highschool girl training for track---Bobby where you at Bro? !

Incline barbell press 3x5-7
Incline dumbbell press 3x6-10
Barbell bench press 3x4-6
Vertical chest press/serratus punch 2x12-15
Cable x-over 3x12-15

One arm reverse tricep p/d 3x8-10
Tricep dumbbbell ext. 2x8

GIANT SETS
Wrist curls 3x12-15
Reverse wrist curls 3x10-12
Reverse curls 3x12-15

Donkey calf raises 3x15-20
Hack calf raise 4x25

TufffGuY
09-10-07, 9:11 pm
Hey Bobby;

Stopped shooting my gun off early, check out my reps today!

Trained alone..no one in the gym...except the beautiful highschool girl training for track---Bobby where you at Bro? !

Incline barbell press 3x5-7
Incline dumbbell press 3x6-10
Barbell bench press 3x4-6
Vertical chest press/serratus punch 2x12-15
Cable x-over 3x12-15

One arm reverse tricep p/d 3x8-10
Tricep dumbbbell ext. 2x8

GIANT SETS
Wrist curls 3x12-15
Reverse wrist curls 3x10-12
Reverse curls 3x12-15

Donkey calf raises 3x15-20
Hack calf raise 4x25

Solid workout BigAnt, how you like those donkey calf raises, I have never tried them before because we have no machine for it at our gym.

Lowdown5
09-10-07, 9:11 pm
Great day Ant. You kicked some ass today.

And you may already know this but I wanted to tell you anyway. You made an impact, a huge impact.

Maccabee
09-10-07, 11:12 pm
Worked seven hours today at my part time job, went to he gym to train legs...My boy Bobby was ther doing some auxilliary work, and was there to push-spot me..THANKS BOBBY!

Knee extension 3x20--today it did not bother my knee ! ??

Heavy ass leg press, after 3 warm ups...4x8-15

Bobby was saying "Ant quit shooting your gun off early with this 15 rep stuff, let's go heavier" I had two 100lb plates on each side of the sled, and the remainder sled filled up with 45lb plates (10 more on each side) for my first set of 15...mind you at 13 I was dead! Second set I added two more 45lb plates, in the platform frame where the foot press plate is located, did that for 15, again at 12 I wanted to dye...third set (when Bobby told me I was shooting off early) I added an extra 150lbs. for 15 reps...after the 10 rep mark, it was all mental! My last set, added another 90lbs....did that for 10 reps! I hobbled on to the Power Squat next, and remember my knee is not 100% healed, so the higher reps did not cause any pain, and still brought in some muscle growth...INTENSITY RULES!

Power Squat...after 3 warm ups...3x8-10

Again the machine was loaded to the max, and had an extra 150lbs on the back-top part for my last set!

Walking lunges up/back gym length 2 sets

Lying leg curl 3x10-15
Super setted
Hip Adductor 3x15-20

Seated leg curl 2x25--smoked em' with the higher reps...

Wanted to take my "after" workout pic, sitting on the couch at home, knees up on my coffee table, boots off, ice packs on both kness and sipping Torrent, looking half dead!

N I C E!

BigAnt that is an amazing leg day you had there. Inspiring and motivational. Hard works pays off always. Coming competition day your going to rock the house no doubt. Peace

Roland
09-10-07, 11:47 pm
Great chest day today bro, keep at it.

eblnyc
09-10-07, 11:49 pm
very solid big ant....100% always

Nightshift
09-11-07, 1:25 am
Great chest w/o!! Looking very impressive as always!

hjayss
09-11-07, 1:52 am
no doubt love the volume...hows the diet comming along...

Nightshift
09-11-07, 2:10 am
My apologies if you have mentioned it earlier, I don't get a lot of time to search here at work. Whats your cardio up to now? Are you hitting it twice a day or do you start that closer to the show?

schodle2
09-11-07, 11:40 am
nice workout Ant, i like the reps lol. good job keep it up il be in tonight, i have squats.

BigAnt
09-11-07, 8:30 pm
Great chest day today bro, keep at it.

THANKS FOR THE COOL WORDS!

HOW IS EVERYTHING GOING WITH YOU?

BigAnt
09-11-07, 8:31 pm
My apologies if you have mentioned it earlier, I don't get a lot of time to search here at work. Whats your cardio up to now? Are you hitting it twice a day or do you start that closer to the show?

What is new, how is your training?

My cardio is still--20 minutes (incline tread/walk) 6x a week!

AnthonyB
09-11-07, 8:32 pm
looks like a good session Ant. how are things in plymouth meeting?

BigAnt
09-11-07, 8:33 pm
no doubt love the volume...hows the diet comming along...

Thanks for stopping by, and checking out my workout!

How have you been?

My diet is cool...eating to win--not for taste, but truthfully, I really enjoy my contest food!

BigAnt
09-11-07, 8:36 pm
looks like a good session Ant. how are things in plymouth meeting?

Hey Ant;

How are things?

What is new?

Things are cool in Plymouth Mtg.!

Working a lot, training hard, dieting strict and doing cardio...

AnthonyB
09-11-07, 8:38 pm

Hey Ant;

How are things?

What is new?

Things are cool in Plymouth Mtg.!

Working a lot, training hard, dieting strict and doing cardio...

Same ol same ol bro. You coming to the gathering? damn you're dieting strict-I was gonna bring the cannolis! LOL

BigAnt
09-11-07, 8:38 pm
very solid big ant....100% always

How have you been, how is the diet?

Thanks for stoppin by!

Yeah, still training to win, to beat my 2006 condition--
THAT IS WINNING TO ME!

BigAnt
09-11-07, 8:42 pm
Bobby was there doing his heavy ass-band squats, and also spotted me--THANKS!

Curl grip pull down/facing away from the machine 3x8-12
T-bar rows 3x8-12
Bent over barbell rows 3x5-7
One arm dumbbell rows 2x10-12
Rack deads 3x5-10
Low pulley row 3x10-12
Horizontal pull ups/on smith machine 4x15

BigAnt
09-11-07, 8:42 pm
Same ol same ol bro. You coming to the gathering? damn you're dieting strict-I was gonna bring the cannolis! LOL

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo there!

schodle2
09-11-07, 8:48 pm
nice day big guy, you looked very strong, keep it up six weeks to go, got some more heay ass training in you. this guy talks about his age in the gym and after doing heaaaavvvvyyyy ass leg presses on sunday and power squats, along with the rest of his routine, and still comes in and does his rack pulls heavier than anyone in the gym, gives me motivation. keep it up the clock is ticking down to competition time.

BigAnt
09-11-07, 9:10 pm
nice day big guy, you looked very strong, keep it up six weeks to go, got some more heay ass training in you. this guy talks about his age in the gym and after doing heaaaavvvvyyyy ass leg presses on sunday and power squats, along with the rest of his routine, and still comes in and does his rack pulls heavier than anyone in the gym, gives me motivation. keep it up the clock is ticking down to competition time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Wish they had a voice control...the forum can hear my Ronnie Coleman immatation:

"Shit..that was heaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvy"

"Yep yep yep"

"Everybody wann be a body builder, but nobody wann lift the heavy ass weight, I'll do it, yep yep..BigAnt will do it"

Suprised I did not get kicked out for my sayings today! LOL

And I did really say ---- ALL OF THEM TROUGHOUT MY ENTIRE WORKOUT, WATCHED RONNIED'S DVD WHILE DOING MY 6:15AM CARDIO THIS MORNING!

Roland
09-11-07, 9:54 pm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Wish they had a voice control...the forum can hear my Ronnie Coleman immatation:

"Shit..that was heaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvy"

"Yep yep yep"

"Everybody wann be a body builder, but nobody wann lift the heavy ass weight, I'll do it, yep yep..BigAnt will do it"

Suprised I did not get kicked out for my sayings today! LOL

And I did really say ---- ALL OF THEM TROUGHOUT MY ENTIRE WORKOUT, WATCHED RONNIED'S DVD WHILE DOING MY 6:15AM CARDIO THIS MORNING!

Yo bro, sick workout, which DVD did you watch, relentless? Thats a good one. Man, I saw Ronnie at my gym last weekend, didnt get to meet but I saw him, they were doin a photo shoot and let me tell you man, he looks awesome right now, in my opinion, better than Jay. On the other hand met Melvin anthony, and what a cool guy! Keep up the great work BigAnt!

Lowdown5
09-11-07, 10:36 pm
Bobby was there doing his heavy ass-band squats, and also spotted me--THANKS!

Curl grip pull down/facing away from the machine 3x8-12
T-bar rows 3x8-12
Bent over barbell rows 3x5-7
One arm dumbbell rows 2x10-12
Rack deads 3x5-10
Low pulley row 3x10-12
Horizontal pull ups/on smith machine 4x15

That is what a solid back day looks like. Was telling the fellas at dinner about you Ant, what a positive role model and friend you are. Both guys said to wish you the best in your shows. You got a lot of west coast support!

MattSzwarz
09-11-07, 11:44 pm
Hey Ant what kind of training split do you use?

hjayss
09-12-07, 1:02 am

Thanks for stopping by, and checking out my workout!

How have you been?

My diet is cool...eating to win--not for taste, but truthfully, I really enjoy my contest food!

If you say so...lol...feeling fine that flex is amazing that is all I am gonna say...

Nightshift
09-12-07, 10:04 am

What is new, how is your training?

My cardio is still--20 minutes (incline tread/walk) 6x a week!

Training is going very well, thanks for asking!! How are the joints holdin up?

Hollow
09-12-07, 10:24 am
Hey BigAnt...do the horizontal pullups on a smith machine hit the same muscle area as the regular wide grip pullups and are the horizontal pullups on a smith machine less stressful on the shoulders. Thanks.

BigAnt
09-12-07, 11:19 am
Hey Ant what kind of training split do you use?

-------------------------------------=-------------------------------------------

How are you doing?

I train one body part per day:

M-CHEST
T-BACK
W-OFF
TH-SHLDS
F-ARMS
S-OFF
SUN-LEGS

ABS-CALVES every other workout!

BigAnt
09-12-07, 11:24 am
Hey BigAnt...do the horizontal pullups on a smith machine hit the same muscle area as the regular wide grip pullups and are the horizontal pullups on a smith machine less stressful on the shoulders. Thanks.

I place the heels of my feet on the end of a bench, grab a tad wider than shoulder grip on the smith machine bar, have it locked at waist high...drop my butt, until it hits the ground, and pull my chest up to the bar...still works the lats, but I wanted to do them last this workout, and pre-exhaust with curl grip pul downs, shock-change for the body!

Try them...I also use a 45lb. plate placed on my chest when doing these pull ups...and yes, for me...keeps the shoulders out of pain better!

Hollow
09-12-07, 11:26 am
I've been doing them for awhile I mix them up with the wide grip pullups. I prefer doing these first as a pre - exhaust. Thanks for your help.

BigAnt
09-12-07, 11:40 am
I've been doing them for awhile I mix them up with the wide grip pullups. I prefer doing these first as a pre - exhaust. Thanks for your help.

It's all good, try doing the horiz. pull ups last and alternate the regular dead hang pull ups first in your back routine...

How is the nutrition going?

Hollow
09-12-07, 12:16 pm
Nutrition is going well...eating everything in sight. Like BigAl, I even eat my Breyer's ice cream each night with occassional piece of peanut butter ice cream pie.

Your diet looks to be bang on. Comp won't know what hit them in November.

BigAnt
09-12-07, 3:37 pm
Nutrition is going well...eating everything in sight. Like BigAl, I even eat my Breyer's ice cream each night with occassional piece of peanut butter ice cream pie.

Your diet looks to be bang on. Comp won't know what hit them in November.

We where joking about Al eating it EVERY NIGHT...but he does allow himself this treat...time-to-time...
Glad all is good with you...hopefully you will be at the Arnold in 08'..we can meet and train together!

krazyassmexican
09-12-07, 3:44 pm
yo mr best natural bodybuilder ever
how are u?
i hope everything goes well with you i cant wait to see you hitting the stage

BigAnt
09-12-07, 3:53 pm
yo mr best natural bodybuilder ever
how are u?
i hope everything goes well with you i cant wait to see you hitting the stage

Hey Krazy;

How are things with you?

Me--mr best natty bodybuilder ever...hmmmmmmmmm a lot of very good natty bodybuilders out there...thanks for the nice words!

Again--I just trry to do my best--every day..improve on one's self!

krazyassmexican
09-12-07, 3:54 pm

Hey Krazy;

How are things with you?

Me--mr best natty bodybuilder ever...hmmmmmmmmm a lot of very good natty bodybuilders out there...thanks for the nice words!

Again--I just trry to do my best--every day..improve on one's self!

things are great for me i cant wait to see at least a lil bit of abs brother but i am cool

and for me ur the best man so dont even trip LOL ;)

Sir J-Werk
09-12-07, 4:54 pm

Thanks for checking in...how was your summer, you still hitting the weights hard?

I am good, thanks for asking....just doing what I gotta do to beat the Anthony of 2006's conditioning-size!

So eventually I got back to this.... Summer has been alright. Just keep things simple, you know. Still hittin' the weights. Started a new split and have some questions for ya on that but will hit you up in the "Ask BigAnt" thread.

How's that condition/size comin' for ya? What are your goals?

Respect.

Malloy1344
09-12-07, 6:13 pm
whats up BigAnt....great looking lifts as always.......hope things are well big brother.....take it easy! Oh yeah, started a new routine as well, its kicking my ass.

BigAnt
09-12-07, 8:01 pm
whats up BigAnt....great looking lifts as always.......hope things are well big brother.....take it easy! Oh yeah, started a new routine as well, its kicking my ass.

Thanks for stopping by!

The new routine--IT WILL MAKE YOU GROW ~ TRAIN HARD EAT BIG!

Hollow
09-12-07, 9:07 pm

We where joking about Al eating it EVERY NIGHT...but he does allow himself this treat...time-to-time...
Glad all is good with you...hopefully you will be at the Arnold in 08'..we can meet and train together!

That would be flipping amazing...another thing to add to the goal list.

schodle2
09-13-07, 6:42 pm
cant make it today Ant sorry have a spanish test tomorrow, got alot of studying to do.

BigAnt
09-13-07, 9:23 pm
Trained alone, had some people spotting me-taking pictures...will post in a few days!

One arm standing dumbbell press 4x8-12
Streamline plate loaded shoulder press 3x6-10
Seated lateral raise 4x8-12
Cable side raise 3x10-15
super set
Cable front raise 3x10-15
Bent over dumbbell lateral raise 2x8-10
Nose pulls 3x10-12
super set
Reverse pec-dek 3x10-12
Barbell shrug 3x8-10
Dumbell shrug 2x15

Hollow
09-13-07, 10:05 pm
That would be cool to see some updated pics.

BigAnt
09-13-07, 10:10 pm
That would be cool to see some updated pics.

Okay, I will send to Lowdown5 (I can't post pics, why I don't know) pictures from this Shoulder workout...shows me training and some posing shots afterwards...

Cool?

Should be up in 1-2 days...going to eat my top round-string-beans & grilled onions now, shower, have my last meal and off to grow---S L E E P !

schodle2
09-13-07, 10:57 pm
nice work today Ant, sorry i couldnt make it, like i said i have a spanish test tomorrow and another language is not my strong point, il be in tomorrow, not really going to lift going to do some cardio lol yes i said the c word, my elbow was killing me today for no reason didnt do any kind of lifting since tuesday, but i will be lifting/spotting you on sunday if your going to the gym that day.

Lowdown5
09-13-07, 11:12 pm
I will post em whenever you want Ant, I like that I get to see em first.

hjayss
09-14-07, 1:19 am
I will post em whenever you want Ant, I like that I get to see em first.
pretty cool...
Yo.....Ant nice shoulder session...

SDR
09-14-07, 8:15 am
Ant -- whats your form like on side laterals? are your elbows at a higher angle than your hands? and whats your Rep Speed?

Up until now I really used to rush this movement - while my shoulders have grown I beleive I was 'pissing in the wind' - a friend showed me this movement and we went inch at a time literally - around 8 seconds up, 8 seconds down.

BigAnt
09-14-07, 4:33 pm
Ant -- whats your form like on side laterals? are your elbows at a higher angle than your hands? and whats your Rep Speed?

Up until now I really used to rush this movement - while my shoulders have grown I beleive I was 'pissing in the wind' - a friend showed me this movement and we went inch at a time literally - around 8 seconds up, 8 seconds down.

I keep my elbows straight out-NO BEND, raise up to the sides...
reps 8-15....speed, medium tempo..

Roland
09-14-07, 8:24 pm
Great shoulder day BigAnt....saw ur back pics.....1 word bro...Awesome! Keep it up

BigAnt
09-14-07, 8:30 pm
Great shoulder day BigAnt....saw ur back pics.....1 word bro...Awesome! Keep it up

thank you very much Roland!

how is your training going?

what is new?

BigAnt
09-14-07, 8:45 pm
Trained alone...gym was empty--guess everyone was at happy hour! ! !

Mixing it up high-low reps....

Close grip bench 3x5-8
Tricep over-head ext. machine 3x10-15
Rope push downs 3x10-12
Weighted dips 3x20

Standing curl bar curls (wide grip)3x15
super setted
Standing hammer dumbbell curls 3x6-8
90 degree preacher curl bar curls (close grip) 3x10-12
High pulley Hercules curls 3x8-12

Roland
09-14-07, 8:56 pm

thank you very much Roland!

what is new?

Welcome bro. Trainin goin great with the motivation from this gym...met Jay cuts today, what a cool guy man! Keep training Ant you lookin great!

eblnyc
09-14-07, 9:00 pm
lookin good big ant...those pics of your back are killer...

AnthonyB
09-14-07, 9:03 pm
training looks great as always ant..7 weeks out right?

Hollow
09-14-07, 9:21 pm
Trained alone...gym was empty--guess everyone was at happy hour! ! !

Mixing it up high-low reps....

Close grip bench 3x5-8
Tricep over-head ext. machine 3x10-15
Rope push downs 3x10-12
Weighted dips 3x20

Standing curl bar curls (wide grip)3x15
super setted
Standing hammer dumbbell curls 3x6-8
90 degree preacher curl bar curls (close grip) 3x10-12
High pulley Hercules curls 3x8-12

Arm session looks awesome! I've been doing one of your earlier arm workouts and love it! Thanks for posting your workouts.

schodle2
09-14-07, 10:36 pm
great work Ant. we on for legs on sunday?

BigAnt
09-15-07, 9:39 pm
great work Ant. we on for legs on sunday?

My main man..Bobby!

Legs tomorrow Brother...@ 2:30 at the gym cool?

THANKS!

schodle2
09-15-07, 9:59 pm
2:30 sounds good. im going to pull tomorrow. and spot your heavy ass leg presses you freak.

BigAnt
09-16-07, 7:56 pm
My boy Bobby was at the gym, doing rack deads with over 500lbs. E A S Y !

He spotted me-pushed me through my leg workout...I was like Hey Bobby...."I want to try a new workout today for legs" I told him my plan, he was like..."That shit is crazy, shook his head and walked away saying...let me know when you need the spots"

So here is what I did...

Warmed up very good on treadmill 8 minutes. And also warmed up with the leg ext. machine and leg press...all light sets 3-sets each!

THE WORKOUT
Leg extension x20 reps
Go right into:
Walking lunge, (25 steps) with heavy dumbbells to the leg press machine
Go right into:
Heavy leg press x10
Go right into:
Walking lunge back (25 reps) with heavy dumbbells to the leg ext. machine
*******DID THIS CYCLE FOR 3 SETS********
Heavy power squats 3x8-12
Super set
Standing unilateral leg curl 3x12-15

Lying leg curl 3x10-12
Super set
Hip Abductor 3x20
Super set
Hip Adductor 3x20

Done in 50 minutes....

Went home, drank my shake, threw ice on my knees...and rested!

Going to cook my top round on the grill with onions, eat and chill, have my fish-veggie meal 3 hours after and off to bed....

schodle2
09-16-07, 8:12 pm
great job today Ant, very impressive, you keep training like that for the next 5or6 wks and you will definitely win, and i know your going to say you only want to bw better than before nut that kind of training is going to put you on top. great job.

Lowdown5
09-16-07, 9:18 pm

He spotted me-pushed me through my leg workout...I was like Hey Bobby...."I want to try a new workout today for legs" I told him my plan, he was like..."That shit is crazy, shook his head and walked away saying...let me know when you need the spots"

So here is what I did...

Warmed up very good on treadmill 8 minutes. And also warmed up with the leg ext. machine and leg press...all light sets 3-sets each!

THE WORKOUT
Leg extension x20 reps
Go right into:
Go right into:
Heavy leg press x10
Go right into:
Super set

Lying leg curl 3x10-12
Super set
Hip Abductor 3x20
Super set
Hip Adductor 3x20

Done in 50 minutes....

Going to cook my top round on the grill with onions, eat and chill, have my fish-veggie meal 3 hours after and off to bed....

Good God man, that is incredible. Great workout Ant.

Pizzalamp
09-16-07, 9:20 pm
Damn Ant looks like a great workout-my legs are sore from just reading about it-keep up the great work
you and all u animals are so inspiring

Nightshift
09-17-07, 2:38 am

So here is what I did...

THE WORKOUT
Leg extension x20 reps
Go right into:
Go right into:
Heavy leg press x10
Go right into:
Super set

Lying leg curl 3x10-12
Super set
Hip Abductor 3x20
Super set
Hip Adductor 3x20

Done in 50 minutes....

Holy Hell!! My stomach's upset just looking at that!!! Awesome job!

BigAnt
09-17-07, 8:40 pm
Agian, Bobby was there to spot me..THANKS! He was doing some heavy static pause stuff....strong!

Incline Barbell 2x5-8, One drop set x3-x8-x12
Incline dumbbell 2x5-6
Flat bench barbell 2x5
Vertical chest press/serratus punch-close grip 2x12-15
Pec dec 3x10-12

Cable kickbacks 2x6
Reverse grip tricep p/d 2x8

Hack calf raise 4x15-20
Seated calf raise 2x10
Donkey calf raise 2x35

Wrist curl 3x12-15
Reverse curl 3x8-10

krazyassmexican
09-17-07, 8:41 pm
Agian, Bobby was there to spot me..THANKS! He was doing some heavy static pause stuff....strong!

Incline dumbbell 2x5-6
Flat bench barbell 2x5
Pec dec 3x10-12

Cable kickbacks 2x6

Hack calf raise 4x15-20
Seated calf raise 2x10
Donkey calf raise 2x35

Wrist curl 3x12-15
Reverse curl 3x8-10

what up big man
how's it going?
i can imagine ur hunger for victory man
keep it up

TufffGuY
09-17-07, 8:42 pm

Incline dumbbell 2x5-6
Flat bench barbell 2x5
Pec dec 3x10-12

Cable kickbacks 2x6

Hack calf raise 4x15-20
Seated calf raise 2x10
Donkey calf raise 2x35

Wrist curl 3x12-15
Reverse curl 3x8-10

Lookin strong Ant, thats ones gonna leave you sore tomrrow.

Lowdown5
09-17-07, 8:42 pm
That was an intense session Ant, even though contest time draws near you just keep training hard and leading the way. Much respect!

schodle2
09-17-07, 8:43 pm
man i thought you were just about done when i left, but you really got some more work in, great job, keep it up.

Hollow
09-17-07, 8:45 pm

Incline dumbbell 2x5-6
Flat bench barbell 2x5
Pec dec 3x10-12

Cable kickbacks 2x6

Hack calf raise 4x15-20
Seated calf raise 2x10
Donkey calf raise 2x35

Wrist curl 3x12-15
Reverse curl 3x8-10

Damn fine workout. Do the reverse grip triceps p/d isolate the triceps more then the conventional close grip press? At this rate, the comp in Nov will be fighting for second.

BigAnt
09-17-07, 8:46 pm
what up big man
how's it going?
i can imagine ur hunger for victory man
keep it up

Hey Krazy;

Yeah...HUNGRY, THINK THERE IS A GOOD ARTICLE ABOUT THAT ON HERE?

hahahahahaha

How are things with you?

BigAnt
09-17-07, 8:47 pm
Lookin strong Ant, thats ones gonna leave you sore tomrrow.

What's going on Tuff?

Yeah, was a good workout, thanks!
I like to do two incline movements first, than my flats...in the off-season I will rotate flat-inline--week to week....

BigAnt
09-17-07, 8:48 pm
That was an intense session Ant, even though contest time draws near you just keep training hard and leading the way. Much respect!

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT, APPRECIATE IT!

YEAH, GOTTA DO IT - TO IT!

How is work?

Lowdown5
09-17-07, 8:52 pm

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT, APPRECIATE IT!

YEAH, GOTTA DO IT - TO IT!

How is work?

Will be there in about 4 hours, hope tonight is smooth.

BigAnt
09-17-07, 8:52 pm
Damn fine workout. Do the reverse grip triceps p/d isolate the triceps more then the conventional close grip press? At this rate, the comp in Nov will be fighting for second.

I do some "touch-up" work for tris on chest day and the same for bis on back day, but train heavier 5-8 reps, 2 exercises, 2 sets each, Big Al is doing this also...seems to work, you ever see his freaky big-hard-veiny arms?

So I did not do the rev. grip p/d on my Arm day on Friday...I do what ever movements I have not done previously in my "arm" workout...

As far a isolate the muscle more, any exercise will do it, if the form is strict, you have enough weight to do 6-12 reps and you gotta have the
MIND-MUSCLE connection!
Ok?

TufffGuY
09-17-07, 8:53 pm

What's going on Tuff?

Yeah, was a good workout, thanks!
I like to do two incline movements first, than my flats...in the off-season I will rotate flat-inline--week to week....

Same here man, got to hit it from all angles to make it grow.

Hollow
09-17-07, 8:53 pm
Got it...thanks for your time.

krazyassmexican
09-17-07, 8:54 pm

Hey Krazy;

Yeah...HUNGRY, THINK THERE IS A GOOD ARTICLE ABOUT THAT ON HERE?

hahahahahaha

How are things with you?

pretty cool man i am happy as hell with my diet
it is hard but i am down to 211.4
i cant wait to see myself in a mirror in ten more weeks

BigAnt
09-17-07, 9:50 pm
pretty cool man i am happy as hell with my diet
it is hard but i am down to 211.4
i cant wait to see myself in a mirror in ten more weeks

By Thansgiving, you will be razor sharp, abs out --full in effect---your muscles will be hard, veiny and ripped!

KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING!

krazyassmexican
09-17-07, 9:51 pm

By Thansgiving, you will be razor sharp, abs out --full in effect---your muscles will be hard, veiny and ripped!

KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING!

dude i am hoppin that

but i am wondering from now what's next after the cut LOL

BigAnt
09-17-07, 10:08 pm
dude i am hoppin that

but i am wondering from now what's next after the cut LOL

Enjoy the Holidays!

EAT!

Put the mass on
s l o w l y!

krazyassmexican
09-17-07, 10:10 pm

Enjoy the Holidays!

EAT!

Put the mass on
s l o w l y!

yeah thanks

Nightshift
09-18-07, 12:55 am
Great chest day BA!! Leading by example as always!!

BigAnt
09-18-07, 7:41 pm
Great chest day BA!! Leading by example as always!!

THANKS....

How are your workouts going?

Roland
09-18-07, 7:54 pm
YOOO Ant, how's everything goin'?

eblnyc
09-18-07, 8:10 pm
hey cheesecake boy how it going? i know you working your ass off getting ready for your show...stay strong big ant...

BigAnt
09-18-07, 8:24 pm
YOOO Ant, how's everything goin'?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's going...all is good!

How are you doing?

YOU GETTING IN ALL OF YOUR MEALS?

BigAnt
09-18-07, 8:26 pm
hey cheesecake boy how it going? i know you working your ass off getting ready for your show...stay strong big ant...

LOL--Can I have a pumpkin pie cheesecake with peabut butter drizzel>?

Thanks...doing my best!

HOW ARE THINGS WITH YOU?

eblnyc
09-18-07, 8:30 pm

LOL--Can I have a pumpkin pie cheesecake with peabut butter drizzel>?

Thanks...doing my best!

HOW ARE THINGS WITH YOU? you don'twant much do ya? yes you can...any kind of cheesecake you want...im doing ok..eating and training hard..thanks for asking...

BigAnt
09-18-07, 8:37 pm
9/18/07- Wednesday

Was all set to train back, did my 7 minute warm up on the tread...felt good, slammed down my Shock...and started to stretch out my back, it felt tight?
Did some very light - light lat pulldowns, still tight and a little pain--mid back!

So, I threw my Journal-BigAnt drink in my bag, took off my walkman and headed home...

You see, Sure, I could of workout out, trained like a wuss, I was in no condition to do heavy ass t-bar, barbell, 1 arm dumbbell and low pulley rows, and rack deads, not with that tightness and little pain in my mid-back, sure I could of did pull downs, chest-padded machine rows, and some Hammer Strength stuff, that is fine for a "workout" But for me, to train to win, winning--beating my previous best and to train harder than my peers...it was not going to cut it....View your entire body as a whole...My leg workout on Sunday was extra heavy and very VERY INTENSE...And my chest workout yesterday, did some heavy pushing---5-8 rep stuff on the basic compound lifts...so my body - as a whole..the central nervous system...could not take another heavy day...remember I am on low carbs-calories and a high cardio output (compared to my off-season)

My back won't know the difference of taking off Tuesday or Wednesday...but, it will know the difference in doing the pulldown-machine workout vs. the heavy rows-deads...

Tomorrow is another day...will attempt the heavy back workout on Wednesday!

Train smart-&-hard
SMART!

Roland
09-18-07, 9:48 pm
Bro...mad props for knowing and listening to your body, that is why you are a winner bro! Recover, rest and then hit it hard!!! Great decision, and we all gotta take some notes from you.

btw, do you slam down your shock after you warm up on the treadmill? I think i'm gonna do that because, if I just take it before I leave home...get to the gym, then warm up...by the time i start my real sets the effect is not as good...what do you recommend?

BigAnt
09-18-07, 10:10 pm
Bro...mad props for knowing and listening to your body, that is why you are a winner bro! Recover, rest and then hit it hard!!! Great decision, and we all gotta take some notes from you.

btw, do you slam down your shock after you warm up on the treadmill? I think i'm gonna do that because, if I just take it before I leave home...get to the gym, then warm up...by the time i start my real sets the effect is not as good...what do you recommend?

Thanks for the support!

Yeah, after I am on the tread, I still incorporate about 10 minutes of stretching-r-cuff stuff, by time I hit the real weights, my Shock is in--gets me fired up!

Try it that way, let me know what you think?

Roland
09-18-07, 10:12 pm

Thanks for the support!

Yeah, after I am on the tread, I still incorporate about 10 minutes of stretching-r-cuff stuff, by time I hit the real weights, my Shock is in--gets me fired up!

Try it that way, let me know what you think?

Ok thanks Ant...gonna stack that with storm...lookin to get some good results. Also, was lookin into tryin liver tabs, but is it an overdo if I'm already gettin enough protein and vitamins from food and the pak and stuff? what do you think?

BigAnt
09-18-07, 10:24 pm
Ok thanks Ant...gonna stack that with storm...lookin to get some good results. Also, was lookin into tryin liver tabs, but is it an overdo if I'm already gettin enough protein and vitamins from food and the pak and stuff? what do you think?

Universal's Desicated Liver tabs was the first supplement I ever took, and I still take them.....

Dessicated liver --loaded with iron and B vitamins...it is good for general health, rebuilding muscle tissue, bones and for a healthier immune system....all this for a reasonable price....

If you can afford it...it is well worth it...try 2-3 (start) with the three biggest food meals!

schodle2
09-18-07, 10:33 pm
Smart Ant, you definitely deserve it, i honestly dont know how you made it through yesterdays workout, not sure if il be in tomorrow or not.

AnthonyB
09-18-07, 10:45 pm
way to man up and know whats right Ant

Lowdown5
09-18-07, 10:57 pm
9/18/07- Wednesday

Was all set to train back, did my 7 minute warm up on the tread...felt good, slammed down my Shock...and started to stretch out my back, it felt tight?
Did some very light - light lat pulldowns, still tight and a little pain--mid back!

So, I threw my Journal-BigAnt drink in my bag, took off my walkman and headed home...

You see, Sure, I could of workout out, trained like a wuss, I was in no condition to do heavy ass t-bar, barbell, 1 arm dumbbell and low pulley rows, and rack deads, not with that tightness and little pain in my mid-back, sure I could of did pull downs, chest-padded machine rows, and some Hammer Strength stuff, that is fine for a "workout" But for me, to train to win, winning--beating my previous best and to train harder than my peers...it was not going to cut it....View your entire body as a whole...My leg workout on Sunday was extra heavy and very VERY INTENSE...And my chest workout yesterday, did some heavy pushing---5-8 rep stuff on the basic compound lifts...so my body - as a whole..the central nervous system...could not take another heavy day...remember I am on low carbs-calories and a high cardio output (compared to my off-season)

My back won't know the difference of taking off Tuesday or Wednesday...but, it will know the difference in doing the pulldown-machine workout vs. the heavy rows-deads...

Tomorrow is another day...will attempt the heavy back workout on Wednesday!

Train smart-&-hard
SMART!

That is why you are the man Ant. Teaching us all everyday to train smart and train hard. Much respect for you my Brother.

BigAnt
09-19-07, 8:13 pm
The day off yesterday was good...again don't mistake laziness with "much needed rest"

Trained Chris for a couple of sets in the beginning workout and Cal towards the end!

Pull ups 4x15
T-bar rows 4x5-10
Barbell row 3x8-10
One arm dumbbell row 2x12
Low pulley row 2x8-10
Front wide grip pull down 3x12-15
Good mornings 3x10-12

Standing hammer curls 2x8
Standing cable curls 2x6-8

Ab crunches 2x50

Stretched out back/shoulders....

BigAnt
09-19-07, 8:14 pm
That is why you are the man Ant. Teaching us all everyday to train smart and train hard. Much respect for you my Brother.

Thanks LD...Appreciate it!

BigAnt
09-19-07, 8:16 pm
way to man up and know whats right Ant

Funny, the "younger" BigAnt--about 10 years ago would of kept training "through it" I gues it is true--older-wiser!

Looking forward to seeing you at the Philly Gathering!

Lowdown5
09-19-07, 8:16 pm

Thanks LD...Appreciate it!

Great back day, the extra rest did you good.

Anytime my friend, always here for you.

BigAnt
09-19-07, 8:17 pm
Smart Ant, you definitely deserve it, i honestly dont know how you made it through yesterdays workout, not sure if il be in tomorrow or not.

Mind is my strongest muscle, plus that picture of a certain light-heavy
(who I have to compete with) in the back of my journal --- Fires me up!

How was your exam>?

Shoulders Thurs?

schodle2
09-19-07, 8:57 pm
the exam, tough, i know i didnt fail, but the profesor went into so much detail that i would have had to recite each chapter word for word. but its cool now i know what to expect for the next one, just have to study a little harder.

Roland
09-19-07, 8:59 pm
Great day bro....Hey man.....today the same thing hapenned to me when I got to rack deads...just didnt feel right, felt a slight discomfort and thought about you and just called it a day, I'm pretty sure my body is thanking me for it. Thanks for the reminder bro!

schodle2
09-19-07, 8:59 pm
good workout today back with vengence is right, damn good. how did your back, and strength feel today?

BigAnt
09-19-07, 9:46 pm
Great day bro....Hey man.....today the same thing hapenned to me when I got to rack deads...just didnt feel right, felt a slight discomfort and thought about you and just called it a day, I'm pretty sure my body is thanking me for it. Thanks for the reminder bro!

SEE!

You are training smart and hard!

Bet on your next back day you smoke your previous rack dead weight!

GOOD JOB!

BigAnt
09-19-07, 9:49 pm
good workout today back with vengence is right, damn good. how did your back, and strength feel today?

I FOUND OUT, IN THE OLD SCHOOL T-BAR ROWS...THE OLYMPIC BAR END CAN HOLD 11 25LB PLATES, DID IT FOR 8!

Remember I usually do 10 plates for 6-8...found some thinner plates!

The rest did me good!

AnthonyB
09-19-07, 10:38 pm
looks like the day off pays off. i gotta remember that. take care cuzz'!

BigAnt
09-20-07, 8:36 pm
Bobby was there spot me...THANKS!

HE WAS DOING DOME GREAT PLYO. STUFF...INTENSE!

Seated dumbbell press 3x4-8
Standing barbell 3x5-8, last set drop set 5-8-12
Standing side lateral raise 3x8-12
Wide grip upright rows 3x10-12
Rev pec deck 3x10-12
Barbell shrug 3x6-8
Dumbbell shrug 3x12-15

Hollow
09-20-07, 8:45 pm
Damn fine workout BigAnt!!!

Roland
09-20-07, 9:18 pm
Great workout Ant..keep pushin' it!

BigAnt
09-20-07, 9:18 pm
Damn fine workout BigAnt!!!

thanks...shoulders--can never be tooooooooooooooooo big--right?

any joint pain?

Maccabee
09-20-07, 9:20 pm

thanks...shoulders--can never be tooooooooooooooooo big--right?

any joint pain?

I dont know can it? Dont really big shoulders make your chest look smaller? Is that possible?

TufffGuY
09-20-07, 9:20 pm
I dont know can it? Dont really big shoulders make your chest look smaller? Is that possible?

look at markus rhul, the man can;t even back squat cause his shoulders are too big lol

BigAnt
09-20-07, 9:24 pm

Only if you have a small chest-LOL

The bigger-wider your shoulders are the more V taper-smaller your waist appears...that is a good thing!

BigAnt
09-20-07, 9:25 pm
look at markus rhul, the man can;t even back squat cause his shoulders are too big lol

Rhul is a freak!

Ever see his training dvd?

One of the best!

TufffGuY
09-20-07, 9:44 pm

Rhul is a freak!

Ever see his training dvd?

One of the best!

I've seen clips, I want to get his and yates, along with animal series and of course G Diesel's whenever that puppy comes out

Nightshift
09-20-07, 9:57 pm
THANKS....

How are your workouts going?[/QUOTE]

Your back and shoulder workouts looked solid big guy!!

I'm taking a few days off, rest up the old joints! Hitting back Saturday morning! Stay tuned!!!

eblnyc
09-20-07, 10:00 pm
you can never be too big anywhere ant...training session are looking wicked..i hope the diet isnt screwing with your mind...

schodle2
09-21-07, 8:09 am
nice job yesterday, looked good keep up the work,. il try to come in tonight, il find out after classes if i need to pick my nephew up.

Lowdown5
09-21-07, 9:26 am
Great workout as usual Ant, leading the way and setting a great example as always.

BigAnt
09-21-07, 8:31 pm
you can never be too big anywhere ant...training session are looking wicked..i hope the diet isnt screwing with your mind...

------------------------------------------------------------------------My mind is my strongest muscle...I actually like pre-contest dieting...

BigAnt
09-21-07, 9:26 pm
Trained with Cal, again, gym was empty--HAPPY HOUR!

Skull crusher/wide grip 3x6-10
super set
close grips bench-same bar-weight 3x25 (higher reps ease my elbow pain)

Vertical chest machine close grips 4x5-8
(elbows where good now no pain)

Tricep push down 3x10-12 plus a drop set 12/8/5

Seated over head rope ext. 3x8-10

Stand curl bar curls 3x6-10

Seated alt dumbbell curls 3x5-8

1 Arm 90 degree dumbbell preacher 3x10-12
super set
High pulley hercules curls 3x8-10

Wrist curls 3x10-12

Reverse curls 3x8-10

Lowdown5
09-21-07, 9:37 pm
Great day Ant, looks like you and Cal trained hard.

BigAnt
09-21-07, 9:53 pm
Great day Ant, looks like you and Cal trained hard.

Yeah, thanks!

Cal is a great guy, actually I would like to thank again---Bobby-Cal-Chris--for training with me and spotting me---especially Bobby..one of the most motivated-hardest worker- in my gym...

Thanks again!

Also a big thanks to Big AL who is helping me, again, with my contest prep, I go down and see him every Saturday now until my show(s)!

Just when I think I am getting good, he tells me to
"STEP IT UP ANOTHER NOTCH"

And I need that kick in the a$$ sometimes...

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!

Roland
09-21-07, 10:32 pm
Gotta love it when the gym is empty...keep training hard Ant!

BigAnt
09-21-07, 11:02 pm
Gotta love it when the gym is empty...keep training hard Ant!

Thanks Rol;

just doing my best!

Pizzalamp
09-21-07, 11:04 pm
Great as usual-ahh i see what ya doing about the elbow pain-very smart
Keep it up Ant

BigAnt
09-21-07, 11:10 pm
Great as usual-ahh i see what ya doing about the elbow pain-very smart
Keep it up Ant

Because I am old as dirt (40) I Icy Hot my elbows prior to trainng and use neoprene elbow sleeves, to lock the heat in and help with support, Lowdown also does this, and is getting good results also!

If you see my training pics, I ALWAYS have elbow(for upper body) and knee(lower body) neoprenes on!

Preventive Maintenance!

schodle2
09-21-07, 11:32 pm
hey Ant its my pleasure, as far as me being motivated how could i not be with you behind me telling me its to light. lol. seriously though its an honor to train with you, especially since you have been in the field of work i am aspiring to be in, i have learned alot from you and to spot you and maybe give you a little mnotivation is the least i could do. keep up the hard work, not to much time left so turn it up another notch. your competition doesnt want to train as hard as you so you got to pick up their salck to.

BigAnt
09-21-07, 11:33 pm
hey Ant its my pleasure, as far as me being motivated how could i not be with you behind me telling me its to light. lol. seriously though its an honor to train with you, especially since you have been in the field of work i am aspiring to be in, i have learned alot from you and to spot you and maybe give you a little mnotivation is the least i could do. keep up the hard work, not to much time left so turn it up another notch. your competition doesnt want to train as hard as you so you got to pick up their salck to.

Thanks Bobby..appeciate it!

Legs Sunday?

schodle2
09-21-07, 11:38 pm
yes il be there!!

hjayss
09-22-07, 2:11 am
Trained with Cal, again, gym was empty--HAPPY HOUR!

Skull crusher/wide grip 3x6-10
super set
close grips bench-same bar-weight 3x25 (higher reps ease my elbow pain)

Vertical chest machine close grips 4x5-8
(elbows where good now no pain)

Tricep push down 3x10-12 plus a drop set 12/8/5

Seated over head rope ext. 3x8-10

Stand curl bar curls 3x6-10

Seated alt dumbbell curls 3x5-8

1 Arm 90 degree dumbbell preacher 3x10-12
super set
High pulley hercules curls 3x8-10

Wrist curls 3x10-12

Reverse curls 3x8-10
LOOKS LIKE YOU HIT EM FROM EVERY ANGLE...DO YOU LEAN IN WHEN YOU DO PUSHDOWNS I WAS CURIOUS ME AND MY BOY GOT INTO IT CAUSE I SAID HE WAS CHEATING.

BigAnt
09-22-07, 4:05 pm
LOOKS LIKE YOU HIT EM FROM EVERY ANGLE...DO YOU LEAN IN WHEN YOU DO PUSHDOWNS I WAS CURIOUS ME AND MY BOY GOT INTO IT CAUSE I SAID HE WAS CHEATING.

thanks..on tri p/d I keep very erect, slight bend in knees, elbows glued into my sides (just how I do it) and on my last set, slightly lean forward to "force" out a couple pf more reps!

girlbdybldr
09-22-07, 10:22 pm
Spicy tuna roll, California roll, eel, MMMMM ... goes great with fruit salad afterwards lol ...

Just playing, you are doing great and will be great!

BigAnt
09-22-07, 11:03 pm
Spicy tuna roll, California roll, eel, MMMMM ... goes great with fruit salad afterwards lol ...

Just playing, you are doing great and will be great!

Sushi...fruit salad...all great healthy foods!

But I am hungry for winning!

Thanks for the nice words...I am doing my best!

BigAnt
09-23-07, 10:20 pm
Had to work 8 hours today at part-time job, until 2:30, my gym closes at 5:00...did not want to rush my workout, and I do prefer some of my
home-LEG-equipment over my gym's! Bobby made the call, asked me if he needed me for spots and to train with, told him to study and rest and chill, will like IT,if he is there tomorrow Monday for chest! Just as I was drinking my Shock, cell phone rings, my buddy Keith called "Ant, you down with training legs at the gym today?" I said be at my house in 5 minutes if you are going to train...he was there...Keith lives very close to me, and is
big - 6'2 280lbs. Not the leanest, but he just wants to be strong and big, he works a lot--great provider for his family--Remember my article "Time for what" He is a great example to this...I made him a Shock drink, and off we went into the basement...we took "training pictures" Again like all of my other pictures, these are not staged-planned, it is me actually training, doing my exercises/workout, why a lot of them are not exactly in the mid-top-range portion of the exercise!

And my neoprene knee sleeves are on with thin coat of Icy Hot under...You can get these knee sleeves at any sporting good shop, they have an opening for the patella.

The workout!

Leg extension 3x12-15..my stack goes up to 300lbs. Had to add three 25lb plates for my last set...no knee pain!

Leg sled 4x8-12

Power squat machine-deep 3x10-12

Walking lunge-outside 2x30 steps up/back (delcline to flat) & (flat to incline)

Seated leg surl 3x6-10

Standing leg curl 3x8-12

Stiff leg deads (old school on bench) 3x 8-10

Done deal...was a great workout, eating my tilapia/grilled onions meal now!

*Lowdown was very kind to post pictures under the Training section
"Big Ant training legs"

Thanks L/D!

schodle2
09-23-07, 10:41 pm
great workout today big guy nice volume, glad to see keith came to train with you i can only imagine how he did with the walking linges outside up and down, but great job i will be in tomorrow, to spot you and stuff, dont know what im going to do yet though. i did end up doing deads today.

Big Wides
09-23-07, 10:43 pm
Ant,

saw the pics that LD had posted from your leg workout, your looking damn good bro. your training is really paying off and i have a strong feeling that when it is time for you to walk on stage, no one is going to know what hit them. all that will be left will be the remains of an Italian Tank that just took names and kicked ass. best of luck and looking forward to meeting you at the philly gathering

BigAnt
09-23-07, 11:11 pm
great workout today big guy nice volume, glad to see keith came to train with you i can only imagine how he did with the walking linges outside up and down, but great job i will be in tomorrow, to spot you and stuff, dont know what im going to do yet though. i did end up doing deads today.

He was a little wobble-bobble - on the decline walk part of the lunge, but he was good!
Ok, see you tomorrow for chest!

BigAnt
09-23-07, 11:13 pm
Ant,

saw the pics that LD had posted from your leg workout, your looking damn good bro. your training is really paying off and i have a strong feeling that when it is time for you to walk on stage, no one is going to know what hit them. all that will be left will be the remains of an Italian Tank that just took names and kicked ass. best of luck and looking forward to meeting you at the philly gathering

Thank you very much for checking in and your positive words, again, I just do the best I can...everyday...yeah I sound like a broken record! LOL

Looking forward to seeing-training with you on 10-13 in South Philly!

No wiz for me!

Malloy1344
09-24-07, 7:29 pm
Had to work 8 hours today at part-time job, until 2:30, my gym closes at 5:00...did not want to rush my workout, and I do prefer some of my
home-LEG-equipment over my gym's! Bobby made the call, asked me if he needed me for spots and to train with, told him to study and rest and chill, will like IT,if he is there tomorrow Monday for chest! Just as I was drinking my Shock, cell phone rings, my buddy Keith called "Ant, you down with training legs at the gym today?" I said be at my house in 5 minutes if you are going to train...he was there...Keith lives very close to me, and is
big - 6'2 280lbs. Not the leanest, but he just wants to be strong and big, he works a lot--great provider for his family--Remember my article "Time for what" He is a great example to this...I made him a Shock drink, and off we went into the basement...we took "training pictures" Again like all of my other pictures, these are not staged-planned, it is me actually training, doing my exercises/workout, why a lot of them are not exactly in the mid-top-range portion of the exercise!

And my neoprene knee sleeves are on with thin coat of Icy Hot under...You can get these knee sleeves at any sporting good shop, they have an opening for the patella.

The workout!

Leg extension 3x12-15..my stack goes up to 300lbs. Had to add three 25lb plates for my last set...no knee pain!

Leg sled 4x8-12

Power squat machine-deep 3x10-12

Walking lunge-outside 2x30 steps up/back (delcline to flat) & (flat to incline)

Seated leg surl 3x6-10

Standing leg curl 3x8-12

Stiff leg deads (old school on bench) 3x 8-10

Done deal...was a great workout, eating my tilapia/grilled onions meal now!

*Lowdown was very kind to post pictures under the Training section
"Big Ant training legs"

Thanks L/D!

sick workout....wow....great job big guy!

AnthonyB
09-24-07, 7:35 pm

Because I am old as dirt (40) I Icy Hot my elbows prior to trainng and use neoprene elbow sleeves, to lock the heat in and help with support, Lowdown also does this, and is getting good results also!

If you see my training pics, I ALWAYS have elbow(for upper body) and knee(lower body) neoprenes on!

Preventive Maintenance!

Real quick Ant, what kind of sleeves do you use?

but yea, solid leg day boss man. you ARE going to be a force on stage. i'd bet the house on it.

BigAnt
09-24-07, 9:24 pm
Real quick Ant, what kind of sleeves do you use?

but yea, solid leg day boss man. you ARE going to be a force on stage. i'd bet the house on it.

Hey Anthony...I use neoprene sleeves for my knees-elbows...you can find them in the pharmacy section of Target or at a finer Sporting good store (Dicks, Sports Authority)

BigAnt
09-24-07, 9:26 pm
sick workout....wow....great job big guy!

thanks~~!

yeah i can't bend my knees today! LOL

BigAnt
09-24-07, 9:49 pm
Trained chest today...Bobby was there to spot me and Cal also helped!

Bench press 3x6-10 1 drop set x4-x6-x10
Incline dumbbell 2x5-8
Incline Streamline Iso Lateral machine 3x8-12
Vertical chest press-serratus punch 2x10
Cable x-over "ups" from bottom cables 3x10-12

Tricep ext. machine 2x8
One arm rope p/d 2x6-8

Hack calves 4x10-12
Donkey calf 4x25

Wrist curl 3x10-12
super set
Reverse wrist curl 3x10-12

*I have not taken any chest training pictures, and I have been getting many PM's to show the serratus-punch-press and my "standard" chest movements...also got some requests to take back training pictures
(t-bar-barbell-one arm dumbbell rows)--my form, how I do them!

And also WHY I throw in some body part poses, people always ask me about my conditioning and how does it changes from week to week....Well, at the 5-6 week mark, if you did your home work correctly, you should see changes every 3-4 days...I plan to be ready to step on stage at 2 weeks out, just coast in, nothing dangerous or out of the norm to shock the body, pull a little water and hit the stage!

I do not take pictures to look cute or to show off, I am TRYING to educate people who send me messages, again, my pictures are me...ACTUALLY training--no set-up or posed pictures using fake weights or partial movements...The people who appreciate them and who use them for motivation/educational purposes...I am glad they help...the others...well...I have no time for small minded people!

Motivation...I use pictures...I have Vinny's, Wrath's, & Big Al's pictures on my wall...soon as you hit the last step in my home-gym's floor...I vew Ox's website daily and watch bodybuildiong DVD's while I do my cardio--!

Whatever it takes, gotta keep the fire burning!!!

Lowdown5
09-24-07, 9:52 pm
Hell yes, let's see more training photos. They always fire me up!!

Thanks for taking em Ant.

schodle2
09-24-07, 9:57 pm
nice chest day today Big guy, very impressive on the flat bench today, looking strong, those couple of weeks of heavy incline really helped i guess. keep it up, il try and come tomorrow if you need me to.

BigAnt
09-24-07, 10:08 pm
nice chest day today Big guy, very impressive on the flat bench today, looking strong, those couple of weeks of heavy incline really helped i guess. keep it up, il try and come tomorrow if you need me to.

Thanks...rotation -- 3 weeks of doing 2 incline movements first, than flats, 1 week of barbell bench first, than 2 inclines movements...and start over...

Thanks again for being there, yeah back tomorrow, could use a push! LOL

Roland
09-24-07, 10:08 pm
Great session Ant, pictures lookin awesome.

BigAnt
09-24-07, 10:11 pm
Great session Ant, pictures lookin awesome.

thank you!

any new exercises you have been experimenting with lately?

spy on Milos for me, found out how/WHY his guys come in the best freaky condition, will send you some $

LOL!

Roland
09-24-07, 10:16 pm

thank you!

any new exercises you have been experimenting with lately?

spy on Milos for me, found out how/WHY his guys come in the best freaky condition, will send you some $

LOL!

LOL, I will try hahah...tried doing my lat stretch today for the first time with a 25 strapped to the belt, felt real good...but I'm startin to feel some signs of overtraining and I'm gonna take a week off(active rest) before I just completely fry. Will get back at it hard next week hopefully. Keep up the great work Ant.

BigAnt
09-24-07, 10:32 pm
LOL, I will try hahah...tried doing my lat stretch today for the first time with a 25 strapped to the belt, felt real good...but I'm startin to feel some signs of overtraining and I'm gonna take a week off(active rest) before I just completely fry. Will get back at it hard next week hopefully. Keep up the great work Ant.

See, you are learning your body, training smart---it is all good!
Active rest is good for you!

BigAnt
09-25-07, 8:37 pm
Tired is not in my vocabulary ANY MORE!

Trained back alone...gotta find a training partner for this body part! I train back every Tuesday at 5:30...any help?

Never the less, I did my best...

Weighted pull ups 4x12-15

T-bar rows 3x6-10

Barbell rows 3x6-10

Incline dumbbell rows 3x10-12

Low pulley row/wide grip 2x8-10
super set
Straight arm pull downs 2x10-12

Front med grip pull downs 3x8-10

Good mornings 3x8-10

Crunches 3x50

Hollow
09-25-07, 8:39 pm
Shit if I knew that...I did back as well! Lifting large...great workout BigAnt.

Lowdown5
09-25-07, 8:41 pm
Good Lord Ant, I got tired just reading that workout.

Man I wish I lived near you, I would train with you every day. It would be an honor.

BigAnt
09-25-07, 9:13 pm
Shit if I knew that...I did back as well! Lifting large...great workout BigAnt.

thanks!

how was your back day?

BigAnt
09-25-07, 9:15 pm
Good Lord Ant, I got tired just reading that workout.

Man I wish I lived near you, I would train with you every day. It would be an honor.

That would be very cool, I might go to NJ and train back up there for several weeks, maybe Punisher, G or Liftheavy will join in...

Hollow
09-25-07, 9:34 pm
thanks!

how was your back day?

Mighty fine. Took your advice from earlier about Wide Grip Pullups at the beginning of the workout and finishing the workout with Horizontal Pullups on the smith bar. Feels real good!

hjayss
09-26-07, 2:38 am
Yeah it is good and encouraging to see a natural bodybuilder doing it old school and the results you display let me know it can be done...even at my age..lol...

Maccabee
09-26-07, 10:31 am
Yeah it is good and encouraging to see a natural bodybuilder doing it old school and the results you display let me know it can be done...even at my age..lol...

I agree even though I am still 20 because my whole life I have not really seen pics of natural bodybuilders and all...but shit when I saw Ant's pics I was like it is fuckin possible.

Your a huge inspiration to me BigAnt. Peace

Rage
09-26-07, 6:24 pm
BigAnt Bro...You definitely put the work in here...incredible knowledge and work ethic...Good luck

BigAnt
09-26-07, 8:29 pm

YOUR AGE?

Hahahahaha--I have sneakers older than you!

Seriously, the mind is the strongest muscle, I never stop
reading-learning-educating myself in all aspects of health-nutrition-weight training...

How is your training, got any good arm routines to share?

BigAnt
09-26-07, 8:32 pm
I agree even though I am still 20 because my whole life I have not really seen pics of natural bodybuilders and all...but shit when I saw Ant's pics I was like it is fuckin possible.

Your a huge inspiration to me BigAnt. Peace

Thanks Pok;

Means a lot...fuels me to push EVEN harder!

And I meant what I said about hitting me up with your school situation if you need to throw some ideas around!

BigAnt
09-26-07, 8:35 pm
BigAnt Bro...You definitely put the work in here...incredible knowledge and work ethic...Good luck

Thanks!

Can't take all the credit, I always ask questions...continue to learn, and Big Al kicks my A$$ when I need it..."Anth, quit training like a little girl, you got some work to get done, this is Nationals"

THANKS FREAK!

Lowdown5
09-26-07, 10:24 pm
You have a great support system Ant, one that I know will propel you to victory this year. You train hard and smart, you are dedicated and focused and their is no stopping you.

BigAnt
09-26-07, 11:17 pm
You have a great support system Ant, one that I know will propel you to victory this year. You train hard and smart, you are dedicated and focused and their is no stopping you.

Thanks L/D!

Lowdown5
09-26-07, 11:20 pm

Thanks L/D!

Always in your corner Ant. Good corner to be in.

Maccabee
09-27-07, 8:30 am

Thanks Pok;

Means a lot...fuels me to push EVEN harder!

And I meant what I said about hitting me up with your school situation if you need to throw some ideas around!

Oh I already got that done. I decided not to major in Economics. I figure if I am going to learn something I want to be something fun for me and something I will enjoy doing in life. So I decided to major in Marketing. I spoke with my brother and he said it was a great idea. He told me eventually when I open up my own business (hopefully more then one lol) I am going to end up marketing my self and the business. Eventually I will go for my masters degree as well...get myself one of those MBA's lol. I really appreciate it though that you offered the help. Thanks BigAnt.

Also, I am getting myself an E-permit which allows you to take classes in other colleges. Since my school doesnt offer classes on nutrition and kinesiology I am gonna have to take em some where else. I plan on competing one day and I am sure courses like that will help me. I am going to become a personnel trainer as well...once again those classes will help alot. Well BigAnt I got to get to class or I am gonna be late. Your workouts are looking really insane too. I am going to try some of them. Peace. Again thanks alot man for everything your doing. You have no idea the what kind of impact you have on all our lives...especially for the natural guys. Peace

BigAnt
09-27-07, 8:32 pm
Yeah with less than 5 weeks until the Gold's, 6 weeks until the East Coast and 8 weeks until Nationals...
I AM GOIN GOING THE LAM. I will still answer your questions on the Ask Big Ant section. But with working 3 jobs, my contest prep and other stuff around the house, my time is almost empty, this close to the show, sleep and getting in all of your meals are just as important as training and cardio. It sucks I have no more inter-net acess at work...

Pictures---you will see them next at the Philly Gathering and also contest day-night pics. I know--I know--I am still getting PM's for chest and back training pictures for educational purposes...

Just want to give it my all-like I preach 110%!
And thanks to all (you know who you are) for your continued support
--means a hell of a lot to me!

SHOULDERS

Trained alone...Bobby--what up man?

Seated dumbbell press 3x6-10
Streamline Iso-lateral press 2x6 1 drop 3-5-8
super set with
Front 45lb plate raises 3x15
Cable side leaning raise 4x10-12
Wide grip upright rows 3x10-12
Seated lateral raise-arms straight-locked 3x12-15
Rev pec-deck 3x8-10
Nose pulls 3x12-15
Barbell shrug 3x5-10
Dumbbell shrug 2x15

Have a good night all!

Hollow
09-27-07, 8:34 pm
That is one hell of workout BigAnt. Wishing the best in the upcoming comps. I've said it before, it will be your night to reign supreme!

Lowdown5
09-27-07, 8:43 pm
You do what is best for you Ant and right now that is contest prep. We are all behind you and will all be here to chher your victory when your contests are over.

liftheavy
09-27-07, 8:44 pm
Hey, it's gettin close now......you're doin great!
Keep your focus....and don't worry, you always practice what you preach.

I (and I could probably speak for many on this forum) look up to you because of your incredible strength and dedication.

BigAnt
09-27-07, 8:49 pm
That is one hell of workout BigAnt. Wishing the best in the upcoming comps. I've said it before, it will be your night to reign supreme!

Thanks!

How are you doing> getting stronger?

BigAnt
09-27-07, 8:53 pm
Hey, it's gettin close now......you're doin great!
Keep your focus....and don't worry, you always practice what you preach.

I (and I could probably speak for many on this forum) look up to you because of your incredible strength and dedication.

Thanks--I am really considering training Back every Tuesday in NJ at Champion Fitness...

Look up to me---is that a play with words...HAHAHAA..

Seriously, you are still going strong-in the gym 6 days, cardio 7 days, sometimes doubles (per your pm's)---you are getting very close to your goal..NEVER STOP OR LOOK BACK!

And your diet look son!

Be tough-stay strong-kep the drive!

eblnyc
09-27-07, 8:53 pm
very sweet training sessions big ant..go do what you gotta do...we gots your back..100%

BigAnt
09-27-07, 8:54 pm
You do what is best for you Ant and right now that is contest prep. We are all behind you and will all be here to chher your victory when your contests are over.

Thanks L/D---means a lot!

Keep giving it my all---every day!

BigAnt
09-27-07, 8:55 pm
very sweet training sessions big ant..go do what you gotta do...we gots your back..100%

got what--you better get the cheese cake! LOL

thank you for stopping by, your support is very much appreciated!

liftheavy
09-27-07, 9:00 pm

Thanks--I am really considering training Back every Tuesday in NJ at Champion Fitness...

Look up to me---is that a play with words...HAHAHAA..

Seriously, you are still going strong-in the gym 6 days, cardio 7 days, sometimes doubles (per your pm's)---you are getting very close to your goal..NEVER STOP OR LOOK BACK!

And your diet look son!

Be tough-stay strong-kep the drive!

That all sounds good to me......gettin ready to do my second cardio now after I type in this post! (1st one was this morning)

As for gettin to my goal-I tell myself everyday: BRING IT ON!!! NO FEAT IS TOO SMALL! (play on words again?--LOL)
Thanks for the kind words.......

schodle2
09-27-07, 10:41 pm
sorry Ant have a test tomorrow in spanish, had alot of studying its getting harder. training for me right now is going to have to take a back seat as much as i hate to say that but its come down to it, i think i may have over did it with 6 classes this semester. but il be in as much as i can to help out.

AnthonyB
09-27-07, 11:51 pm
you are the man Ant. when i get my shit together im trying to come train with ya.

Maccabee
09-28-07, 1:28 pm
sorry Ant have a test tomorrow in spanish, had alot of studying its getting harder. training for me right now is going to have to take a back seat as much as i hate to say that but its come down to it, i think i may have over did it with 6 classes this semester. but il be in as much as i can to help out.

Wow! your taking 6 classes in one semester. Damn bro thats a lot of work man. I usually go for 4...maximum 5. I am in no rush to get done with school. I am just gonna go with the flow and make the ride comfortable. Well...good luck to ya man. 6 classes aint easy.

BigAnt
09-28-07, 8:31 pm
Trained alone...at 5:45pm on a Friday, including the people who work at the gym, total people in---5!

Close grip bench 1x10 3x6
Skull crusher/close grip 3x8-10
Rope p/d 3x8-10
One arm rev. grip p/d 3x10-12

Standing bicep barbell curl 3x6-12
Seated alternate dumbbell curl 2x8
Standing hammer dumbbell curl 3x10
One arm 90 degree preacher dumbbell 2x12

Hanging leg raise 3x25
Physio ball crunch 3x50

Hack calf raise 4x20
Leg press calf raise 4x25

Hollow
09-28-07, 8:33 pm
Hey BigAnt...if I knew you were doing arms I would have joined you...lol! Did arms myself tonight...people in my gym (garage at home)...one...myself...priceless! Once again one hell of workout BigAnt.

Lowdown5
09-28-07, 8:34 pm
Ant, while the others in the world were doing their regular Friday bullshit you were tending to the task at hand. Getting ready for your first show coming up. It is that dedication and focus that have made and will make you a Champion. Much respect to you Brother.

BigAnt

Bobby, relax---school is number one for you now, I know your schedule is tight, you have been and still are a great help with my contest training--after the show, we are eating, you pick the resturant, I am buying...
AFTER THE SHOWS!

Might go to Chad's gym in the "hood" to change it up, do I gotta pack heat when I go in that direction? LOL

Hollow
Ant, while the others in the world were doing their regular Friday bullshit you were tending to the task at hand. Getting ready for your first show coming up. It is that dedication and focus that have made and will make you a Champion. Much respect to you Brother.

Second that one!

BigAnt
09-28-07, 8:35 pm
Hey BigAnt...if I knew you were doing arms I would have joined you...lol! Did arms myself tonight...people in my gym (garage at home)...one...myself...priceless! Once again one hell of workout BigAnt.

did you get a great workout, what did you do?

BigAnt
09-28-07, 8:35 pm

thank you...yeah getting closer!

Hollow
09-28-07, 8:48 pm

did you get a great workout, what did you do?

Did Bi's 1st (did tri's 1st for the past 2 workouts...like to mix it up)
BB Curls - 4 X 8
Seated Alternating DB Curls - 3 X 6
Preacher Curls with Camber Bar - 3 X 12
Standing Hammer Curls - 2 X 15
Reverse Preacher Curls with Camber Bar - 3 X 12

CGP declined - Pyramid (10 - 4)
Standing DB Skull Crushers - 3 X 10
Press Downs with bar - 3 X 15

Calves

Opted for more volume this workout...seemed to have more energy to burn tonight.

schodle2
09-28-07, 8:51 pm
when you going to chads, il go with you, actually im not even sure if hes open on the weekends il call him tomorrow to find out. but il be in on sunday reguardless, squats!!!!.

BigAnt
09-29-07, 5:45 pm
Going to train legs with Big Al...Bobby you want in?

Pizzalamp
09-29-07, 9:11 pm
good looking workout Ant
sweet and to the point-no fuu fuu stuff
good job!

BigAnt
09-30-07, 6:45 pm
Big Al and I trained legs together while being photgraphed my MuscleMag's great Tony Monchinski...pictures will hit the Feb/08 issue!

Leg extension 3x10-12
Leg press 4x12-15
Power squat 3x10-12
Vertical leg press 3x10-12 (my knee was a bit tender/went lighter)
Standing unilateral hamstring curl 3x8-10
Seated leg curl 4x10-12

Lowdown5
09-30-07, 6:48 pm
Very cool Ant, MuscleMag is a great read. Solid workout. Can't wait to see the pics.

BigAnt
09-30-07, 6:50 pm
Very cool Ant, MuscleMag is a great read. Solid workout. Can't wait to see the pics.

Tony is sending us each (Al and I) the disks with all pictures...maybe a few might make the boards...maybe not! LOL

Lowdown5
09-30-07, 6:53 pm
Tony is sending us each (Al and I) the disks with all pictures...maybe a few might make the boards...maybe not! LOL

I am hoping for maybe!

BigAnt
09-30-07, 7:38 pm
Logging off for the night, gotta get in 2 more meals and practice my posing...Gold's Classic in 4 weeks....Master's over 35/heavyweight....

Hope you all had a great weekend and a better week ahead!

Lowdown5
09-30-07, 7:43 pm
Logging off for the night, gotta get in 2 more meals and practice my posing...Gold's Classic in 4 weeks....Master's over 35/heavyweight....

Hope you all had a great weekend and a better week ahead!

Night Ant!

Have a great week!!

schodle2
09-30-07, 8:02 pm
nice work Ant, hope that knee is feeling better now. i should be in tomorrow, depending on what the schedule looks like that superfresh gives me. but if they dont have me in for orientation tomorrow il be in.

ChandlerXJ
10-01-07, 7:25 pm
reverse grip rope pulldowns? hmmm, how is that done, that sounds wild.

I am a huge supporter of the reverse grip bench, but I am gonna swap that out for this if I can figure it out haha

BigAnt
10-01-07, 8:23 pm
reverse grip rope pulldowns? hmmm, how is that done, that sounds wild.

I am a huge supporter of the reverse grip bench, but I am gonna swap that out for this if I can figure it out haha

It was a reverse grip pull down, on the D-handle, one arm...palm up, elbow tight in your side, full extension....great movement!

BigAnt
10-01-07, 8:30 pm
Trained alone, Cal spotted me....grabbed some cool pictures of me in the "training mode"
(for all of you people who have PM me for chest training pictures)

Incline barbell press 3x4-6
Incline dumbbell press 2x6-8
Flat barbell press 2x5-6
Vertical chest press w/ serratus punch 3x10-12
Cable x-over 3x12-15

Tricep push down 3x6-8
Decline dumbbell extension 2x6

Reverse curl 3x10
Standing wrist curl 3x15
Seated wrist curl 3x12

Decline crunches 2x30
Reverse crunch 2x30

Going to practice posing now, eat my top round meal, than shower, pack my stuff for tomorrow and than have my fish meal and off to bed!

Dustin92
10-01-07, 8:39 pm
Great chest day bro, thats alotta liftin right there! I would say good luck with preparation for the competition but you wont need it! Your gonna kick arse the way your goin at it!

BigAnt
10-01-07, 9:08 pm
Great chest day bro, thats alotta liftin right there! I would say good luck with preparation for the competition but you wont need it! Your gonna kick arse the way your goin at it!

Thanks Dust!

How are things with you, everything in school going good?

Lowdown5
10-01-07, 9:11 pm
Great day Ant, enjoy the meals and get your rest.

Pizzalamp
10-01-07, 9:12 pm
great workout!
Ant do u find the dec extension is gentle on the elbows? i gotta find a pain free tri exercise for a good stretch

Dustin92
10-01-07, 9:14 pm

Thanks Dust!

How are things with you, everything in school going good?

Yep, school is going great in shcool. Straight A's so far. How about you, life treating ya good?

Thank you for your advice for the shoulder, its workin, its not hurtin as bad now! I really appreciate it..

hjayss
10-02-07, 3:42 am
Looks like Kanye owe you some money...took youor signiture and turned it into a song...lol...naw but a solid session from a true pro in the game keep it up you really are gonna bring something new to the show that the judges hav not seen...

BigAnt
10-02-07, 8:47 pm
Yeah...my boy Bobby was there to push me through a great back workout--THANKS MAN!

Weighted pull ups 4x12-15
T-bar rows 3x8-10
Barbell rows 4x6-10
One arm dumbbell rows 2x12
Rack deads 3x6-10
Curl grip pull down/facing away from machine 3x10-12

Getting ready to pose-eat-pack stuff up for tomorrow-shower-eat and off to bed....

widdlewade44
10-02-07, 8:49 pm
Solid looking back session Big Ant. Good luck as you continue to dial it in bro.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Roland
10-02-07, 8:50 pm
Great job BigAnt...your hard work and dedication is definately gonna pay off, keep at it big brother!

schodle2
10-02-07, 8:57 pm
nice back day today lookin strong, i liked the rack deads, one of my favorites.

BigAnt
10-02-07, 9:17 pm
Solid looking back session Big Ant. Good luck as you continue to dial it in bro.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Thank you!

How is every thing with you Kev?

BigAnt
10-02-07, 9:18 pm
Great job BigAnt...your hard work and dedication is definately gonna pay off, keep at it big brother!

Thanks!

You see Milos's guys in the O---FULL-BIG-HARD AND TIGHT!

BigAnt
10-02-07, 9:19 pm
nice back day today lookin strong, i liked the rack deads, one of my favorites.

Yeah, not bad for a 40 year old....LOL

Thanks again for being there today!

Dustin92
10-02-07, 9:21 pm
Good stuff...you've really been kickin ass bro...Keep at it, 1st is deff in your near future!!!

schodle2
10-02-07, 9:21 pm
no need to thank me, im glad to help as much as i can, i wish i could be in more but you know how it is.

Roland
10-02-07, 10:04 pm

Thanks!

You see Milos's guys in the O---FULL-BIG-HARD AND TIGHT!

Yup!!

Pizzalamp
10-02-07, 10:42 pm
nice job ant!