PDA

View Full Version : My Workout Today...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

BigAnt
01-14-07, 7:31 pm
Yeah Sunday 1/14/07. A cheat day for me on my diet! Had a egg white, ham, cheese, and mushroom omelet and blueberry pancakes for meal #1 Meal #2 was a "deli" style chicken salad sandwich and sliced apples with peanut butter. Trained arms at home alone today in my basement (the dungeon) Was fired up and ready to grow...After my warm-ups, my right elbow was giving me some pain. So I did listen to my body and tried a new workout. I am an advocate of training heavy! But intensity also can be generated in other forms.

Exercise#1 I super-setted tricep cable push downs with a rope handle with close grip low pulley bicep cable curls. Moderate weight, 3 sets of 10-12 reps. My arms where pumped and thanks to the two previous cheat meals veins where out like crazy. Exercise #2 tried curl bar skull crushers, but the elbow was still giving me pain, so I did skull crushers on a decline bench with dumbbells and super-setted with seated dumbbell hammer curls. Heavy weight, 3 sets of 6-8 reps. Now my arms where on fire! Exercise #3 one arm seated dumbbell concentration curls super-setted with standing one arm dumbbell tricep extensions. Weight was light-moderate and only wanted to do 2 sets of 20 reps. I was tired and drained, my shirt was soaking with sweat, wanted to quit. But the "animal" inside me pushed me through 2 more sets. Finished up with 3 sets of decline crunches and 3 sets of hanging leg raises for 30 reps each.

I had all intentions of doing heavy close grips, curl bar skull crushers, dips, standing barbell curls, seated alternate dumbbell curls and preacher curls, but I did listen to by body and still got a great workout and had a tremendous pump in my arms. You can still train hard and smart. Try this arm workout yourself and be prepared to "shock" new growth into your bis and tris.

BeastofBurden
01-14-07, 7:36 pm
damn BigAnt, this upcoming week my routine is gonna have your name in it from beginning to end. I got high hopes for this week

BigAnt
01-17-07, 10:47 pm
My back workout tonight..

After a 5 minute warm up on the stationary bike and my rotator cuff exercises I was ready to crush some weights. Pull-ups 4 sets of 12-15 reps, no weight (I am 230 pounds now off-season, when I am lighter in my pre-contest mode, I can do them with extra weight) Old school T-Bar rows. Olympic bar jammed in the corner of the gym, using a v-grip handle 5 sets of 6-10 reps. Rack deadlifts, pulled from my shins, 4 sets of 4-8 reps. One arm dumbbell rows 3 sets of 8-12 reps. Reverse grip barbell row, pulling from the floor! 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Low pulley row 3 sets of 6-10 reps. And finished off with good mornings 3 sets of 8-12 reps.

TheNaturalG
01-17-07, 11:13 pm
My back workout tonight..

After a 5 minute warm up on the stationary bike and my rotator cuff exercises I was ready to crush some weights. Pull-ups 4 sets of 12-15 reps, no weight (I am 230 pounds now off-season, when I am lighter in my pre-contest mode, I can do them with extra weight) Old school T-Bar rows. Olympic bar jammed in the corner of the gym, using a v-grip handle 5 sets of 6-10 reps. Rack deadlifts, pulled from my shins, 4 sets of 4-8 reps. One arm dumbbell rows 3 sets of 8-12 reps. Reverse grip barbell row, pulling from the floor! 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Low pulley row 3 sets of 6-10 reps. And finished off with good mornings 3 sets of 8-12 reps.

I love old school t-bar rows bro.

MELTDOWN
01-17-07, 11:19 pm
I love old school t-bar rows bro.

mirror that..had to make due with the oly bar this morning. warmed up with some lat pull downs and headed over to bang out some rows on the t bar. freakin punk kid in his fireman suit standing there doing what?..FREAKING BICEP CURLS....i asked if i could work in....."naw man, i'm gonna be a while". phuck it, i just pushed to oly bar into the corner, carried over some plates, finished the buziness.

TheNaturalG
01-17-07, 11:22 pm
mirror that..had to make due with the oly bar this morning. warmed up with some lat pull downs and headed over to bang out some rows on the t bar. freakin punk kid in his fireman suit standing there doing what?..FREAKING BICEP CURLS....i asked if i could work in....."naw man, i'm gonna be a while". phuck it, i just pushed to oly bar into the corner, carried over some plates, finished the buziness.

LMAO a kid in a fireman suit doing curls on the t-bar machine. That is classic.

MELTDOWN
01-17-07, 11:46 pm
i say kid, he musta been early to mids 20's. keep in mind i'm pushing 40.
but , yeah, had on most of his little outfit garb. i figure either going in or just out of his shift. nevertheless, in da way on the wrong machine. think i'll head over to the hack squat for some tri extensions on friday.

Johnnyblacksails
01-17-07, 11:58 pm
Back day is my favorite day of the week! Last week I actually did back in a powerlifter friend of mines garage. That was one hell of a workout since we did things his way. We did old school tbar rows in the corner of his garage but when I went to do my dumbell rows his dumbells broke, no shit. He has an old set that he got from his Grandpa and while nice they are ancient. Long story short we ended up doing our single arm rows with the barbell in the corner! Sometimes impromptu exercises can be a very good experience.

BigAnt
01-23-07, 5:32 pm
Trained calves/abs and chest yesterday.

Started with donkey calf raises 4 sets of 10-15 reps. Then seated calf raises 4 sets of 8-12, followed by 5 sets of standing raises of 25 reps. Flat bench 5 sets (reps 10-8-6-5-5 increase weight each set) Incline dumbbell press 3 sets of 8-10 reps, Incline plate loaded uni-lateral machine (Streamline) 3 sets of 6-8 reps and ended with dips (my body weight = 230lbs.) 3 sets of 25-30 reps super-setted with cable cross overs 3 sets of 15 reps. 3 sets of weighted crunches 25 reps. Threw down my Ultrra Iso-Whey shake with creatine-glutamine and carb. powder and it was over!

karmazon
01-23-07, 5:35 pm
Trained calves/abs and chest yesterday.

Started with donkey calf raises 4 sets of 10-15 reps. Then seated calf raises 4 sets of 8-12, followed by 5 sets of standing raises of 25 reps. Flat bench 5 sets (reps 10-8-6-5-5 increase weight each set) Incline dumbbell press 3 sets of 8-10 reps, Incline plate loaded uni-lateral machine (Streamline) 3 sets of 6-8 reps and ended with dips (my body weight = 230lbs.) 3 sets of 25-30 reps super-setted with cable cross overs 3 sets of 15 reps. 3 sets of weighted crunches 25 reps. Threw down my Ultrra Iso-Whey shake with creatine-glutamine and carb. powder and it was over!

Very nice, you don't see a lot of people doing dips these days, which is a shame, because they're incredible.

Maccabee
01-23-07, 5:38 pm
I have to agree with you because in my gym i only see people doing dips for one set just to get warmed up. The only guys doing dips in my gym weighted at least for multiple sets are Animals and thats it.

BigAnt
01-23-07, 5:42 pm
I have to agree with you because in my gym i only see people doing dips for one set just to get warmed up. The only guys doing dips in my gym weighted at least for multiple sets are Animals and thats it.

I alternate dips every other workout, weighted and non-weighted...a great exercise...

THANKS!

G Diesel
01-23-07, 5:51 pm
I alternate dips every other workout, weighted and non-weighted...a great exercise...

THANKS!

Definitely a great and often overlooked exercise BigAnt... And nice looking workout as well. Peace, G

The_Dude
01-23-07, 5:56 pm
Yo G, on the dips.. Are they the bench dips were you place your feet on one bench and hands on the bench behind you or the other version dips with the bars? Thanks in advance bro...

dirtydean12
01-23-07, 6:07 pm

only time i see people doing dips in my gym is when they have the knee pad out doing assisted dips...pansies

G Diesel
01-23-07, 6:09 pm
Yo G, on the dips.. Are they the bench dips were you place your feet on one bench and hands on the bench behind you or the other version dips with the bars? Thanks in advance bro...

Both are good exercises... But for chest, BigAnt is referring to parallel bar dips. Peace, G

tbone
01-23-07, 6:19 pm
i've been hitting dips as my primary mass building exercise for triceps.. +90lbs at the time, tryin to work up to 3 plates for reps soon :)

tbone
01-23-07, 6:35 pm
but dips are definitely good for carving out and thickening your lower pecs, as well.

xtonymarsx
01-23-07, 6:44 pm
i've been hitting dips as my primary mass building exercise for triceps.. +90lbs at the time, tryin to work up to 3 plates for reps soon :)

Just keep at it man. Once you hit 100 + people look at you all sorts of funny. it's great.

Joe Pas
01-23-07, 8:24 pm
i've been hitting dips as my primary mass building exercise for triceps.. +90lbs at the time, tryin to work up to 3 plates for reps soon :)start using dumbells instead of plates ...makes it a little more comfortable between your legs and to load on the belt as well ...dips are a main staple in my chest routine ...i like the seated dip machine for tri's...

pdiesel
01-24-07, 12:15 am
you started with calves? wow never heard of that..

BigAnt
01-24-07, 7:35 am
you started with calves? wow never heard of that..

Yeah! Got to blast them hard to make them grow!

BigAnt
02-04-07, 3:52 pm
Blew up my arms yesterday...

Bike 10 minute warm-up
Tricep rope push downs 2x25 (warm -up)
Standing cable curl 2x25 (warm up)

Hey, I am old and need the warm ups for my elbows LOL

Standing Olympic barbell curls
65lb. x10 w/u
95lbs.x10 w/u
135lbs. x10-2 force reps
155lbs. x8-2 force reps
165lbs. x5 + 2 cheat reps-a little swing

Close grip bench press
135x10 w/u
165x10 w/u
225x10
255x10
275x8
315x5 +2 force reps

Stand alternate dumbbell curls
40x10
45x10
50x8
55x6

Skull crushers-supine(wider grip)
curl bar + 45 on each side x10
45-10 each side x8
45-10-10 each side x5

Standing hammer curl
35x10
40x8
45x6-drop to 35x8 drop to 25x15

Tricep push down (v-handle)
weight stack (250 lbs/Bodymaster-it is a light stack) x15
stack +25 x10
stack +45 x8

Standing wrist curls 135lbs 3x15
super setted
Standing reverse curls (curl bar and 35 on each side) 3x10-12

Arms where on fire, freaky veins out and skin was tight as shit!

Toni69
02-04-07, 3:57 pm
Ok...WOW! That's it...WOW!

GADO
02-04-07, 4:04 pm
Sounds like a tough workout, perhaps I'll try this one out next week. I've never thought to try skull crushers with the wrists supine like that... but doing the motion right now in front of my computer, I can already imagine the intense contraction you must get at the top of the motion. I'll have to try that out... with a spotter of course!!

nawaaz
02-04-07, 4:27 pm
Good Shit Bro! Awesome!

I'm writing it down in my diary!

Nawaaz

PlacentiaBay
02-04-07, 7:21 pm
i can't do barbell curls with a straight bar cause my school doesnt have one. I to the point of almost digging out my old one and bringing it in for them. I can just imagine the arms being on fire sepecially after the supersetted at the end!

xb24
02-04-07, 9:27 pm
Fuck, puts my arm days to shape but to motivates the hell outta me to get my ass tossing up big numbers.

Also good write bro on the Controlled Rage article.
Gotta unleash the beast at the right time.

BigAnt
02-06-07, 11:27 pm
Started training at 6:00pm

Warm up on the bike 8 minutes.
Int. Ext. rotation for rotator cuff 3 x20 with red T-Tube.
Doorway chest stretch 2 x 20 seconds.

Incline Barbell 4 sets of 6-8 reps, increase weight each set
Barbell Bench Press 4 sets of 6-10 reps, increase weight each set.
Dips facing out of the dip bar, all the way down, 3/4 up 3 sets of 8-12
Incline dumbbell 2 sets of 8, same weight.

Chest stretch during and after exercise 2 x 20 seconds.

BigTruck
02-07-07, 12:28 am
glad to see a pro talk about the stretch. sometimes we forget that warming up is just as important as pushing the weight. for me, i often get so focused on the routine that i forget to stretch between sets. by the end of the workout i am so hungry that all i want to do is get some gas in my tank.

thanks for the post -- it does me good and keep things in perspective

BigAnt
02-11-07, 8:10 pm
Friday 2/9/0...drove to New Castle, DE to train arms with Big Al. The Training Center...one of the last hard core gyms!

I made it from outside of Philly in 45 minutes. Al is a very hard 300 pounds. He and I are both fighting elbow pain, his pain is more severe than mine...mine (knock on wood) is slowly healing!

The workout...Again as much as him and I approve of heavy lifting with the "old school" basic exercises, we also believe in training smart...how are we both going to finish in the top of a National Show in 2007 if this elbow pain turns into a serious injury...right?

Push downs 3 warm ups than...4x 8-10 (in a pain-free range of motion)
Reverse grip close grip bench on the Smith machine 3x 6-8
Pulley tricep kick backs 3x 10-12
Hammer Strength dips 3x 6-8

Standing alternate dumbbell curls 3x 6-8
Standing barbell curl 2x 8-10 (switched movements, elbow pain increased)
Supine low pulley curl 3x 8-10
Hammer dumbbell curls 3x 8-10
High pulley cable curls 3x 10-12

Wrist curls and Rev. Wrist Curls 3 x10-12

Again, training in a "pain free zone" was - is key!
Sure Al and I miss out and ALWAYS INCORPORATE training with close grip benches, skull crushers, barbell curls, weighted dips, but a little rest now will make the remainder contest training MORE PRODUCTIVE!

Liftbig21
02-11-07, 11:49 pm
Friday 2/9/0...drove to New Castle, DE to train arms with Big Al. The Training Center...one of the last hard core gyms!

I made it from outside of Philly in 45 minutes. Al is a very hard 300 pounds. He and I are both fighting elbow pain, his pain is more severe than mine...mine (knock on wood) is slowly healing!

The workout...Again as much as him and I approve of heavy lifting with the "old school" basic exercises, we also believe in training smart...how are we both going to finish in the top of a National Show in 2007 if this elbow pain turns into a serious injury...right?

Sure Al and I miss out and ALWAYS INCORPORATE training with close grip benches, skull crushers, barbell curls, weighted dips, but a little rest now will make the remainder contest training MORE PRODUCTIVE!

Way to go BigAnt the best info comes from your body we just gotta stop ignoring it and just listen!! Keep training smart and hard

NickSP
02-11-07, 11:55 pm
Wanna come over to NY sometime? haha nice workout bro, good luck with the elbow

Drillers42
02-12-07, 4:01 pm
I've been struggling with elbow pain as well. Especially with skull crushers. It was a bad burning sensation right in the elbow, and I couldn't push the weight I normally did without excrutiating pain. I thought I bruised something playing football. I was also experiencing numbness and tingling in my pinky and ring fingers, especially when I sleep on my side. I went to a sport clinic that practices ART (Active Release Technique). Turns out it's a nerve that runs from your fingers all the way through your lats. Treatment consits of breaking down the tissue around the nerve to free it up. When they stretch it out I can feel it like a cord throught the whole length of my arm. It hurts like a bitch, but after about 6 weeks of treatment and easing off on the triceps training it got alot better. It's been a couple of months since my last treatment, and I'm havinvg some difficulty, but the Doc told me to come in if I experience any more problems.

BigAnt
02-16-07, 10:06 pm
Trained arms alone today, got to they gym late, was on this board...LOL

All the egg-n-hammers left for "happy hour" with their chest and arm pump!

Warmed up on bike 8 minutes.
Tricep rope push downs, warm up elbows 3x20 very light.

ELBOWS FELT GOOD TODAY--TRAINED A BIT HEAVY (FOR ME)

Close grip bench - after 3 warm ups
275x10
315x8
315x7
335x5

Standing barbell curls - after 3 warm ups
95x12
135x10
155x8
155x7

Skull crushers supine
curl bar + 45 and 10 on each side 3x10

Seated alternate dumbbell curl
(very strict) 50x10 3 sets

**Now my arms are on fire, vascular and pumped, was thinking...should I stop and go home or do more....I figure get them EVEN MORE swollen with a killer super-set!

Tricep push down (straight bar) 3x15 weight stack+45lbs
super set <2 sets>
Cable preacher curl (v-bar) 3x15 80lbs.

(did f-arms twice earlier in the week)

Short - intense - and - to the point!

brutal
02-16-07, 10:09 pm
killin' the huge weight, big ant. nice work brother.

TufffGuY
02-16-07, 10:24 pm
nice bro looks a lot similiar to my arm workout but with heavier weight lol

hjayss
02-17-07, 5:31 am
Trained arms alone today, got to they gym late, was on this board...LOL

All the egg-n-hammers left for "happy hour" with their chest and arm pump!

Warmed up on bike 8 minutes.
Tricep rope push downs, warm up elbows 3x20 very light.

ELBOWS FELT GOOD TODAY--TRAINED A BIT HEAVY (FOR ME)

Close grip bench - after 3 warm ups
275x10
315x8
315x7
335x5

Standing barbell curls - after 3 warm ups
95x12
135x10
155x8
155x7

Skull crushers supine
curl bar + 45 and 10 on each side 3x10

Seated alternate dumbbell curl
(very strict) 50x10 3 sets

**Now my arms are on fire, vascular and pumped, was thinking...should I stop and go home or do more....I figure get them EVEN MORE swollen with a killer super-set!

Tricep push down (straight bar) 3x15 weight stack+45lbs
super set <2 sets>
Cable preacher curl (v-bar) 3x15 80lbs.

(did f-arms twice earlier in the week)

Short - intense - and - to the point!
Looking good brofeeling that energy all the way in the chi, but after you get that good pump you give em more do you get an even better pump I usually stop, but I feel like going on.

Toni69
02-17-07, 6:09 am
Looking good brofeeling that energy all the way in the chi, but after you get that good pump you give em more do you get an even better pump I usually stop, but I feel like going on.

I am doing arms today..gonna attempt your wo today..not as much weight obviously...but will do your routine...it looks very inviting!

Thank you..how is your elbow? My back feels great! except for when I am sleeping and when I get up in the morning..I am about as stiff as a board.
Thanks for all your help BigAnt and I love reading about your days here...

hjayss
02-17-07, 7:55 am
I am doing arms today..gonna attempt your wo today..not as much weight obviously...but will do your routine...it looks very inviting!

Thank you..how is your elbow? My back feels great! except for when I am sleeping and when I get up in the morning..I am about as stiff as a board.
Thanks for all your help BigAnt and I love reading about your days here...
iS IT HARD OR SOFT. Try sleeping on a hard board like surface might help let me know hope that helps a little you had the disk problem right.

BigAnt
02-21-07, 10:15 pm
Today's word is Progressive Overload...

Say it, spell it, use it in a sentence---LOL

Seriously, Because of my hectic schedule, I have a full time job (PT)
part-time job (Supermarket) and own a Personal Training Studio-business...I have to train whenever I have off from work. So, last Saturday was heavy shoulders, Sunday was moderate legs, Monday was heavy chest-abs-calves, Tuesday was heavy back, and today was Shoulders. I know that heavy weights build muscle, but so does intense workouts! With nagging joint pain (elbows-kness) that are improving, I had to find a way to blast my shoulders today with enough intensity to grow, but be cautious not to over train my body (central nervous system)

Progressive Overload was my choice today!

I warmed up on the bike, 8 minutes, rotator cuff exercises and mild shoulder stretching. I found this routine in one of my old workout journals...I did it back in the day with a good buddy of mine who now lives in CA but we both competed in the NPC Team Universe in 2000. And he stayed in PA with me for several days before we drove up to NY for the show.

#1 Front standing shoulder presses super set with standing strict side lateral raises. I started the shoulder barbell presses with a 10 pound plate on each side. My goal was 10 sets of 10 reps, adding a 10 pound plate to each side on every set until I could not get 10 reps. The dumbbell lateral raises were with 25 pounds, staying with 25 pounds for all 10 sets. I only rested 90 seconds between each set. I got up to eight 10 pound plates on each side of the Olympic bar for a good solid 10 reps (and kept super setting the 25 pound dumbbell raises) On the 9th set with nine 10 pound plates, I only got 8 reps, I racked the weight, waited for 20 seconds and pushed out 2 more reps (rest-pause) and went into (again) the side raises. I stayed with the nine plates on my tenth set, only got 6 reps, rest paused for 2, rest paused for 2 more (remember 10 reps is our goal!) and went to the last set of lateral raises. Shoulders where on file and swollen was a mild term!

#2 Reverse pec-dek flies, 3 working sets of 10-12 reps with 130-145-150 pounds.

#3 Barbell shrug 2 working sets of 495 pounds of 10 reps.

Seated calf raises, into standing calf raises into leg sled calf raises 3 sets of 15-20 reps.

Physio ball curls 3x 25 reps( in pelvic tilt position)

You see, when doing the shoulder presses, you attack strongest muscle fibers first, that when they are exhausted, the secondary muscles (traps, scapula, tricpes are exhausted with that "little bit" of an honest cheat to force those last reps up!

Anybody who tries this, please warm up good and make sure you have a couple of years of solid training under your belt (no pun intended)

E-mail me and let me know how you liked it.

Off to eat 4 Poptarts and have my 7th meal an hour after the Poptarts.
You gotta love the off-season!

Today at 243 pounds, Goal = 245 pounds with still good muscle seperation and abs by next week (the Arnold)

P_Venkman
02-21-07, 10:31 pm
This sounds awesome Ant, I love hearing new ways to mix things up. Gonna keep this one in mind for after the Brute Force Transformation. Thanks for sharin your knowledge!

RedIron 392
02-21-07, 11:24 pm
Let us know how you feel tomorrow! That was a wicked session.

Later

brutal
02-21-07, 11:37 pm
sick lifting big ant

NickSP
02-22-07, 12:01 am
Damn Ant, sounds like a freak's workout...also good to see some RC exercises in there, I never see anyone else doing any. Maybe in the near future when I'm a little stronger/bigger I'll give this routine a shot

hjayss
02-22-07, 7:27 am

People forget about the cable curls bro great for building and maintaining what you have. Good work out. Now we see how you got where you are bro
that insane back.

BigAnt
02-22-07, 4:37 pm
Let us know how you feel tomorrow! That was a wicked session.

Later

After that shoulder workout yesterday, was sore today, but a good sore!

Arms tomorrow!

BigAnt
03-14-07, 5:17 pm
after tread warm up and rotator cuff exercises-stretching

bench press 1x10 3x6 and a tripple drop set x3 x8 x12
incl smith 3x6
incl db 2x8
pec-dek 3x12 super setted with bosu ball push ups 3x25
bosu ball pushups works stabilization for the shoulders and ends the workout with a huge pump!

calves
leg sled press 5x25

GUNS UP
03-14-07, 5:49 pm
What's up everybody I am new to the Forvm and so far I love what I see and read, all you guys motivate the shit out of me. This is what my chest routine usually consist of and was wonder what you thougt and if anyone had any good Ideas.

Incline Barbell 4x6-8
Incline Dumbell 4x6-8
Flat Dumbell 4x6-8
Super Set Cable Crossover with Peck Deck 4x12-15
Weighted Dips 4x max reps

BigAnt
03-15-07, 12:01 am
What's up everybody I am new to the Forvm and so far I love what I see and read, all you guys motivate the shit out of me. This is what my chest routine usually consist of and was wonder what you thougt and if anyone had any good Ideas.

Incline Barbell 4x6-8
Incline Dumbell 4x6-8
Flat Dumbell 4x6-8
Super Set Cable Crossover with Peck Deck 4x12-15
Weighted Dips 4x max reps

looks solid, maybe, just me talking...alternate the flat dumbbell with barbell bench presses every other workout.

and maybe try super setting the cable x-over with dips, pec dek and
cable x-over are a very similar movement almost in the same plane of motion, arms going across the body...

cool?

let me know how you are doing?

and--warm up properly and makes sure your form is good ok?

BigAnt
03-15-07, 12:26 am
Yeah, suffering with a sinus infection, was on meds. for 2 weeks, did nothing, got new meds. from the ENT (ear-nose-throat) Dr. feeling a bit better.
So I did the best I could with what I had...(all you can ask for right)

Warm up bike for 8 minutes, back stretches, and light front pull downs for 2x20 reps.

Pull ups 1x20 body weight (238lbs.) lost a couple with this damn infection...gotta eat more LOL
3X15 with a 20 lb. dumbbell around my waist.

Coleman "old school" T-bar rows
1x12 with 8 25lb. plates
1x12 with 9 25's
1x10 with 10 25's
1x10 with 10 25's
(bar only holds 10 25's)

Rev grip barbell row
275x10
315x8
365x6

1arm dumbbell row
3x12 with 140 lbs (gym's highest dumbbells are 140lbs)

Low pulley row
3x12-15 (entire weight stack on a Streamline machine)

Wide grip front pull downs/facing away from the machine, low back resting on the knee support. This puts me in scapular retraction, upper body at a 45 degree angle, chest arched, shoulders back, all lats baby!
3X10-12 with 190-210lbs.

Good mornings
2x15 185 lbs.

Incline crunches
2x25 with a 25lb. plate holding on my chest.

Done deal!

(did strongest range deads last week)

TheNaturalG
03-15-07, 12:47 am
Good to see you posting your workouts again bro.

P_Venkman
03-15-07, 11:20 am
Sinus infestions suck bro, I know first hand how that feels. Been to an ENT myself. Started using a nasal spray recently and that seems to help a bit from stuffiness, esp in the winter. Hope ya get over it quick man.

BigAnt
03-24-07, 8:10 pm
Was training with Punisher from the forum today, we did back and biceps.
IN MY HOME-BASEMENT-GYM.

We started (after a good warm up) with heavy front pulldowns 4x10-12
Next was T-bar rows 5x6-10. We did 1 arm rows 4x10-12 Next, old school machine pull-overs 3x10-12. Rev grip rows 2x20 (attacking different muscle fibers)

Biceps heavy barbell curls 4x8-12 Preacher curls (CLOSE GRIP)3 x12-15
Drag curl machine 2x10 and high pulley curls 3 x10-12.

Threw down some Torrent with extra L-Glutamine...took extra BCAA's and Vit. C

Now we are off to get thick at the Chinese Food joint (Chicken rice and veggies)

Liftbig21
03-24-07, 8:10 pm
Big Ant i like what im seeing brother keep getting after it...I have a sinus infection too i had to work through the worst headache today...HORRIBLE..get better man.

Malloy1344
03-24-07, 11:20 pm
Another gruelying saturday in the gym....finished up my training sessions at 1pm then it was time to punish myself. Started off on the smith machine Military press. Did a few warmups of 135 and 160. Then blasted out 8 reps of 185 and was able to push 225 up 3 times a new best for me being only 200lbs. Move on the the ultimate delt destroying superset....behind the neck presses supersetted with upright rows. 3 sets, 8-10 reps. Nothing finished off better than some seated side laterals and behind the back cable raises and of course the rear delt machine. The triceps are already pumped so I banged out some dips, then moved on to the Supine press( unsure of actualy name, but its a skullcrusher with your arms fully extended parallel to the floor as opposed to above your body.) Hit some overhead tricpe extensions, reverse grip cable push downs and overhead rope extensions. Hell of a workout to finish in an hours time. The high volume has been working wonders lately due to my increase in protein.

Liftbig21
03-24-07, 11:53 pm
Another gruelying saturday in the gym....finished up my training sessions at 1pm then it was time to punish myself. Started off on the smith machine Military press. Did a few warmups of 135 and 160. Then blasted out 8 reps of 185 and was able to push 225 up 3 times a new best for me being only 200lbs. Move on the the ultimate delt destroying superset....behind the neck presses supersetted with upright rows. 3 sets, 8-10 reps. Nothing finished off better than some seated side laterals and behind the back cable raises and of course the rear delt machine. The triceps are already pumped so I banged out some dips, then moved on to the Supine press( unsure of actualy name, but its a skullcrusher with your arms fully extended parallel to the floor as opposed to above your body.) Hit some overhead tricpe extensions, reverse grip cable push downs and overhead rope extensions. Hell of a workout to finish in an hours time. The high volume has been working wonders lately due to my increase in protein.

Haha brother with all due respect but you sure your on the right thread? this is Big Ants training log...

Malloy1344
03-25-07, 11:00 am
oh shit my bad...I musta accidently clicked into the wrong thread and didn't pay attention.....haha...sorry brothers

BigAnt
03-25-07, 7:27 pm
Haha brother with all due respect but you sure your on the right thread? this is Big Ants training log...

Thanks Liftbig LOL

Liftbig21
03-25-07, 8:42 pm
LOL no prob Ant keep up the great progress.

hjayss
04-04-07, 1:46 am
When you get stuck in the machine you kw you had a good bulk big ant.

Toni69
04-04-07, 4:58 am
You realize my real name is Antoinette right? Toni is just short..anyway, I was just wondering when you and I were hittin' back together. I am comin' to NY soon you know...maybe you can make room for me in your busy workout schedule, hmmmm?

never_2_big
04-04-07, 8:01 am
stiff workout man, really know hot to give the arms a working over... keep it up man

hjayss
04-05-07, 2:29 am
You realize my real name is Antoinette right? Toni is just short..anyway, I was just wondering when you and I were hittin' back together. I am comin' to NY soon you know...maybe you can make room for me in your busy workout schedule, hmmmm?

Stop being bad ha ha ha ha just kidding. Youor back is awsome you both have two great backs so you should hit them together.

spartan300
04-13-07, 7:35 am
Yeah Sunday 1/14/07. A cheat day for me on my diet! Had a egg white, ham, cheese, and mushroom omelet and blueberry pancakes for meal #1 Meal #2 was a "deli" style chicken salad sandwich and sliced apples with peanut butter. Trained arms at home alone today in my basement (the dungeon) Was fired up and ready to grow...After my warm-ups, my right elbow was giving me some pain. So I did listen to my body and tried a new workout. I am an advocate of training heavy! But intensity also can be generated in other forms.

Exercise#1 I super-setted tricep cable push downs with a rope handle with close grip low pulley bicep cable curls. Moderate weight, 3 sets of 10-12 reps. My arms where pumped and thanks to the two previous cheat meals veins where out like crazy. Exercise #2 tried curl bar skull crushers, but the elbow was still giving me pain, so I did skull crushers on a decline bench with dumbbells and super-setted with seated dumbbell hammer curls. Heavy weight, 3 sets of 6-8 reps. Now my arms where on fire! Exercise #3 one arm seated dumbbell concentration curls super-setted with standing one arm dumbbell tricep extensions. Weight was light-moderate and only wanted to do 2 sets of 20 reps. I was tired and drained, my shirt was soaking with sweat, wanted to quit. But the "animal" inside me pushed me through 2 more sets. Finished up with 3 sets of decline crunches and 3 sets of hanging leg raises for 30 reps each.

I had all intentions of doing heavy close grips, curl bar skull crushers, dips, standing barbell curls, seated alternate dumbbell curls and preacher curls, but I did listen to by body and still got a great workout and had a tremendous pump in my arms. You can still train hard and smart. Try this arm workout yourself and be prepared to "shock" new growth into your bis and tris.

For sharing. I kinda look forward to your posts. I'am an old mutt looking for new tricks. Especially what you chow down on.

NickSP
04-13-07, 12:16 pm
Good shit Ant, indeed.

NickSP
04-13-07, 12:22 pm
Hey back is my favorite part too, I wanna come!

redsox
04-13-07, 2:00 pm
Yo, Big Ant any advice on getting cut up abs. Im a diabetic following a strict diet, in them gym at least 5 days a week. Im trying to cut weight and cut muscle. I seem to be having trouble getting that deffinition in the core. Any advice.

BigAnt
04-15-07, 5:49 pm
Yeah it was Saturday 4/14/07, after I worked a 8 hour shift, Punisher drove down to train back with me...in my home-basement-gym.

(BIG ANT PRACTICES WHAT HE PREACHES)--sometimes

Before I get into the workout, some info. At times we can not all be superman or wonder woman (toni69) meaning--when you feel good, train hard and heavy, than a rest must follow, not taking time off training, but what I call "active rest". Training with some what lighter weights and maybe machines or different exercises. If you don't take this "rest" time, your body will MAKE you do it!

I have been training heavy and super hard from mid Jan. 07 to Mid March 07. I looked at my workout journal from last year and noticed after 3 months of heavy stuff, I took a 3 week break from this and trained high reps, lighter reps and with only a 45 second rest time between exercises. I said, well, nothing hurts and I am getting bigger-stronger, 2 more weeks and I will change the workout--WRONG! Some shoulder problems and knee problems later...here I am. You see, your body KNOWS when and how much it can take, and me being a old 40 year old Natural bodybuilder, the joints can only take so much...

So I took a week off everything, and started "my" active rest training, will train like this for 4 weeks, and hopefully my right shoulder and both knees will feel better...

I am doing 4 weeks of "active rest" and it goes like this..
week #1 all sets 20 reps, week #2 all sets 15 reps, week#3 all sets 12 reps and week #4 all sets 10 reps. I do machine-cable exercises first, than dumbbells and barbells last. rest time between exercise is 45 seconds or when training with someone, right after they do their set, I go!

THE WORKOUT
Curl grip pull down 4x20 (soon as Punisher finished his set, I WAS ON IT)
Incline Spider rows (med grip) 3x20
1 arm db rows 3x20
"Old school" barbell rows 4x20
GDiesel, Vinny, BigA, Russl and anyone else who is close to the ages of 30-40 and remembers Lee Haney will know this exercise.

Standing on a bench press, pick the barbell off the bench supports, take 2 steps back, bent at your waist and row!
Be careful not to fall, and please try to keep your balance!

We finished up with wide grip pull ups 4x20
Pulling our chest up, touching the smith machine bar, while our feet where resting on the top of an incline bench, butt hits the floor, and just pull!
You are pulling yourself up while your body is in a horizontal position, your butt hangs down, touching the floor!

We had our Torrent drink and stopped for some sushi, after about 50 pieces I lost count...on how much I ate!

Punisher is freaky big, from when I saw him last, he is a bit tighter and harder..Hmmmmmmmmmmmm is it the Animal Pump-Cuts Combo?

Is he dieting better?
Doing more cardio?
Listening to Donna Suumer in his mp3 when he trains?

What ever he is doing--KEEP DOING IT!

BigAnt
04-15-07, 5:51 pm

waiting for ya!

never_2_big
04-15-07, 9:53 pm
Listening to Donna Suumer in his mp3 when he trains?

so this is the secret is it??? i bet the muscletech scientists have already done studies on it. hahaha

thats a solid back workout ant, keep it up and let the iron know whos boss.

hjayss
04-17-07, 3:09 am
I probably need to do it myself high reps low weight well my high weight is probably your low weight lol. body is talking to me...

Toni69
04-17-07, 5:23 am
If any of you have not seen pics of BigAnt, whether in his bulking phase or pre-contest/contest shape, the guy is a beast..he has a perfect physique. So if he is posting his workouts here for you all to view, I suggest you give 'em a shot and listen to the man behind the workouts. Im not saying if you train like him, you will look like him..we all know that isnt true..but he has loads of experience and knowledge in the sport and he has helped me with my back issue when we first started here at the forum as well.

BigAnt, you know you impress the hell out of me, not just because you have so much expertise in the area of BB, because you inspire us to perform in such a way that benefit and convince us just by everything you do and by your everyday attitude that you are wholeheartedly supportive.
I thank you for this.
Keep 'em comin', we love luv ya!

Punisher
04-17-07, 3:24 pm
Haha i dunno about freaky big lol but i won't tell anyone my secret, not yet anyways

Siick workout on saturday.The sushi was goood we crushed that buffet lol we will have to do that again when i can!!

brandonA
04-17-07, 3:26 pm
So maybe BigAnt can let us know where we can find some pics...even if his face is covered to protect his identity...lol...stay tuned...

-B

BigAnt
04-17-07, 10:31 pm
Haha i dunno about freaky big lol but i won't tell anyone my secret, not yet anyways

Siick workout on saturday.The sushi was goood we crushed that buffet lol we will have to do that again when i can!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the secret...well, should we tell them about the special growth hormove releasing food/meal (1 cup skim milk, 2 cups dry peanut butter Captain Crunch, 1 banana, 2 scoops Ultra Iso Whey and 1 tsp creatine..blend, drink, grow!

HAHAHAHAHA

Serioulsy, secret(s)...THERE IS NONE, however, a strong mind, motivation, discipline, always thinking about reaching and exceeding your goals, loving what you do and having a good support group (family-friends) is what always works for me...

hjayss
04-18-07, 3:46 am
Has a article here that shows the wicked back bro that shit is a motivator to get to it and hit the deads and rows etc and hit em hard.

gnoll5
04-18-07, 1:17 pm
nice log so far Ant, its a good read and interesting to see what you do in the gym...thanks!!

Toni69
04-22-07, 5:27 pm
Hey..where are the wo's? Im addicted to this thread and your not here!

NickSP
04-22-07, 5:36 pm
Hey..where are the wo's? Im addicted to this thread and your not here!

Seriously! It says "my workout today" but there IS no workout posted for today.
Maybe he's in his lab, formulating new concoctions....nice article btw Ant

Toni69
04-22-07, 6:39 pm
Your prob right..cause I have my own lab, where I come up with recipes for all of you! LOL

BigAnt
04-23-07, 11:10 pm
Your prob right..cause I have my own lab, where I come up with recipes for all of you! LOL

Wow I have a fan club (me blushing)

Got a goodie for you...will post under Training thread....

Now let me eat my ground beef and rice--gotta get big, show is in 20 weeks IFBB North America...diet starts in 4 weeks--->

BigAnt
04-26-07, 9:53 pm
Trained shoulders on Thurs. 4-26..Still re-habbing my right shoulder...(have ice on it right now as I type) I challenged it/tested it...I did it properly...

Will post my workout on here very soon!-

You are all in for a treat with this workout....

BigAnt
04-30-07, 11:09 pm
Trained shoulders on Thurs. 4-26..Still re-habbing my right shoulder...(have ice on it right now as I type) I challenged it/tested it...I did it properly...

Will post my workout on here very soon!-

You are all in for a treat with this workout....

Warmed up on the bike 8 minutes, did my rotator cuff-band exercises, and some stretching...

Standing lateral raises with dumbbells 3x12-15
Did not go straight out to the side nor to the front, the space in between (scaption raises for all of you PT people)

Standing front barbell presses 6x10
Started with one ten pound plate on each side, trained pain free !
Kept adding ten pound plates until I failed at 10 reps...

Super set very light side cable raises with front cable raises (unilateral) 4x15
3 SECOND HOLD AT THE TOP OF THE MOVEMENT...
CAN YOU SMELL SOMETHNG BURNING?
Just my shoulders getting pumped up HAHAHAHAHA!

Streamline seated close grip machine presses, 3/4 movement no lockout
3x8-12

Barbell shrugs 4x6-8 nothing fancy just shrug!

Dumbbell shrugs 3 x10-12

Rev pec dec for rear delts 5x15

Stretched again and iced it soon as I GOT HOME

Slowly it is feeling better!

hjayss
05-02-07, 3:14 am
We are younger in our mind than our body is lol...looking good bro always good to see your w/o bro always seeing diffrent stuff hear to put into my routines...

LegDay_UKIGS
05-03-07, 8:29 am

Warmed up on the bike 8 minutes, did my rotator cuff-band exercises, and some stretching...

Standing lateral raises with dumbbells 3x12-15
Did not go straight out to the side nor to the front, the space in between (scaption raises for all of you PT people)

Standing front barbell presses 6x10
Started with one ten pound plate on each side, trained pain free !
Kept adding ten pound plates until I failed at 10 reps...

Super set very light side cable raises with front cable raises (unilateral) 4x15
3 SECOND HOLD AT THE TOP OF THE MOVEMENT...
CAN YOU SMELL SOMETHNG BURNING?
Just my shoulders getting pumped up HAHAHAHAHA!

Streamline seated close grip machine presses, 3/4 movement no lockout
3x8-12

Barbell shrugs 4x6-8 nothing fancy just shrug!

Dumbbell shrugs 3 x10-12

Rev pec dec for rear delts 5x15

Stretched again and iced it soon as I GOT HOME

Slowly it is feeling better!

This was what I was looking for... a new delt workout. We pulled into Mykonos Greece today, and I got duty. I think I found something for me to do tonight. Thanks Ant

BigAnt
05-14-07, 4:25 pm
Fresh from the NY Pro and 16 weeks out until my show...leg day
Trained at Champion Fitness, formerly Powerhouse Gym in Bordentown, NJ

Remember, my knee is on the healing side, so look at my workout carefully.

Seated Hammer strength leg curl 3x12-15
Standing unilateral leg curl 3x10-12
Stiff leg dead lifts 3x6-8
Lying leg curls 2x20

Leg extension 3x 15 (very slow)
Leg press (plate loaded King Fitness) 6x8-15
Smith machine squats 3x12-15
This gym did not have a lumbar supported squat machine, so I made best of what they had. Will try free-weight squats next workout.
Horizontal Leg press selectorized Cybex machine 4x10-12 squeeze hard for a 3 second hold at top.
Hip abd-add machines 3x20 each.

Also will try lunges nexy leg workout,,,

Ate some chineese food with ice cream for my last meal...Last day for my cheat day!

BigAnt
05-15-07, 12:10 am
Again, after a warm up on the bike and rotator cuff exercises, I was ready to rock!

Bench press barbell 3 sets of 8-10, last set was a drop set, 315x6 drop to 225x12 drop to 135 x16--not to bad for an old guy with a shoulder that is rehabbing...this was the 3rd time I had flat benched with a barbell in 8 weeks....

Incline barbell 3x5-8

Incline dumbell 3x4-6

Vertical chest press machine with serratus punch (pt exercise for shoulder)
3x12-15

Cable cross-over 3 x10-12

Big Al was pondering the idea of doing touch up work for his arms. Couple of sets of super heavy triceps on chest day, couple of heavy sets of biceps on back day, and arm day is exercises in the 8-15 rep range.

His arms are freaky huge and hard now, God knows he don't need any more arm size, but he just started this...So I jumped on it also.

Tricep extension machine 2x6-8
Rope push downs 2x6-8

Hack calf raise 4 x20
Seated calf raise 4 x12-15

Abs 2x50 crunches

Did my cardio on the treadmill this morning-20 minutes

Still drinking my "BigAnt" drink during the workout...no Gatorade!

hjayss
05-15-07, 4:32 am
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh the secret...well, should we tell them about the special growth hormove releasing food/meal (1 cup skim milk, 2 cups dry peanut butter Captain Crunch, 1 banana, 2 scoops Ultra Iso Whey and 1 tsp creatine..blend, drink, grow!

HAHAHAHAHA

Serioulsy, secret(s)...THERE IS NONE, however, a strong mind, motivation, discipline, always thinking about reaching and exceeding your goals, loving what you do and having a good support group (family-friends) is what always works for me...

eVERYTIME I see this I think of that movie tales fro mthe hood when old boy was like you want the shit...ahh you want the shit///lol...

vicbulge
05-16-07, 2:10 am
I read Machines article/ workout for Quads in the manual just before doing legs today. When it came time for squats, I was glad I work out at home. I took the advice, and backed down on the weight to concentrate on doing the 2 warmup sets, and 5 working sets exactly the same every rep. Had I been in the gym, I would have thrown too much weight on the bar to do anything right, and risked injury. That's right, I still have that f-wad in my head from all the way back in the 80's at the gym who looked down at me for not loading the bar up and throwing weight around like he did. Then again, he was always wearing f'ing purple spandex and looking at himself out of the corner of his eye in the mirror, so WTF? Inferiority complex aside, back to the squats.................They were excellent, and I felt a safe healthy burn, instead of the usual cliffhanging impending injury I usually experience while doing squats. I'm going to keep it light to keep it right until the proper mechanics from rack to rack becomes second nature. Then, and only then will I add more weight. I can't afford an injury, let alone a stupid one, so Thanks Machine for the article. It's been ripped from the AOM, and has been promoted to the clipboard!

BigAnt
05-18-07, 12:36 am
Trained shoulders tonight...will go into detail later, it was a hard ass workout and have a couple of surprises for you about it..
stay tuned!

Maccabee
05-18-07, 8:48 pm
Wow I have been learning alot watching you train. Keep em coming. Thank you.

BigAnt
05-18-07, 10:12 pm
Trained shoulders tonight...will go into detail later, it was a hard ass workout and have a couple of surprises for you about it..
stay tuned!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started with lateral raise, seated, 3 second hold at top...25x15, 30x15, 35x15 40x10...Yeah, sure I can stand and with a tiny bit of a swing, do
70's-75's but do I need more shoulder problems, and realy how big is your lateral delt, does it by itself - will move 75 pounds?

Standing front presses...from chin to forehead, all tension movements...135x10 185x8 225x6

Seated dumbbell press "W" style, plams face your ears, press up an inward, over your head..65x12 70x10 75x8

Cable side raises 3 x15

Barbell shrug 315x15 365x10 405x8 455x6

Rev pec-dec 4x10-12

Abs, hanging leg raise 3x25

Not bad for rehabbing a shoulder....

THAT'S ALL FOLKS---!

Sir J-Werk
05-18-07, 10:59 pm

Hell no Brother, not bad at all... Pretty damn stellar if you ask me...

Would you mind explaining form on the reverse pec-dec... I've seen this mentioned several times but have not found any pics that illustrate it....

Stay Strong, stay Focused, stay Animal!
Respect.

hjayss
05-19-07, 5:15 am

Started with lateral raise, seated, 3 second hold at top...25x15, 30x15, 35x15 40x10...Yeah, sure I can stand and with a tiny bit of a swing, do
70's-75's but do I need more shoulder problems, and realy how big is your lateral delt, does it by itself - will move 75 pounds?

Standing front presses...from chin to forehead, all tension movements...135x10 185x8 225x6

THAT'S ALL FOLKS---!

On a light day for you we all know you got mountains next to your neck its cool to take it light not a walk in the park light as we all can see ,but enough to not hurt your self very nice.

BigAnt
05-19-07, 5:49 pm
Hell no Brother, not bad at all... Pretty damn stellar if you ask me...

Would you mind explaining form on the reverse pec-dec... I've seen this mentioned several times but have not found any pics that illustrate it....

Respect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, for me, I like the seat set up high, more rear delt action...Grab the handles, and with your ams slightly bent, pull back, pinch shoulders together and squeeze.

Do them slow, feel the burn in the rear delts.

ok?

BigAnt
05-19-07, 6:19 pm
Yeah Friday...worked late, was tired, had a tough day, blew off the workout, went to happy hour..had a few beers, wings and some potato skins...

WHAT...WAS I DREAMING?

THIS SHIT AIN'T TRUE!

Trained arms...

Warmed up, started with triceps...Close grips 2x8 1x6, seated skull crushers 3x 8-10, 1 arm extensions 3x10-12, pushdowns 3x15

Biceps..standing barbell curls 2x10, 1x6, seated alternate dumbbell curls
3x8-10, hammer curls-standing 3x8, standing cable culrs 2x20. reverse curls 3x10

I added weight for every set!

Abs-physio ball crunches...3x30

Sir J-Werk
05-19-07, 6:25 pm
Thank you for taking the time to explain, Brother. Made perfect sense.... Got another weapon in my arsenal now!

Respect.

BigAnt
05-19-07, 6:32 pm
Thank you for taking the time to explain, Brother. Made perfect sense.... Got another weapon in my arsenal now!

Respect.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

A good question you asked, glad I could help....hit me up again if you need more help!

Keep Positive!

AllGloryisFleeting
05-19-07, 6:37 pm
Keep it up BigAnt. I like the way you keep pushing yourself and never let your injury stop you. Like you said, train hard, but train smart. A lot of peopel forget that these days.

BigAnt
05-21-07, 1:44 am
As you all know, I like higher volume training, it works good for me becuase of my "healing" injuries it is key...but nothing beats a heavy good old
'ass kicking' hardcore workout....

Big Al drove up to train legs with me. Punisher did not make it, he trashed legs mid-week and is smart enough to rest when the body needs it, he will join us in a workout again soon! His legs are still sore!

Leg ext 3 warm-ups...we did not count these as sets.

Leg press, the gym I train at has a Streamline plate loaded leg press, Al's gym (The Training Center) has a sweet Nebula leg press with a two tier plate
holder--just like the one Ronnie Coleman uses in his video. We warmed up with 3 sets, Al looked at me and said, "That knee better?" I say "Yeah it is feeling ok" We load it up...two 100lb plates and ten forty five pund plates on each side. I do 15, Big Al does an easy 20. We than put 2 more plates inside the weight carriage, I do 12 Big Al does another 20. We load two more plates...I do a screaming set of 10, Al does 15 with "extra weight" on the machine (pictures will follow shortly...you will see) Knee feels good. We DRINK OUR "DURING WORKOU DRINK and go over to the squat machine, facing in, after a couple of warm ups, he looks at me and says..'You want to win your show, load it up" Ten 45 pound plates is all it holds...I do 3 sets of 10. Al does 3 easy sets of 15. We proceed to the standing unilateral hamstring curl. We both do 2 very heavy sets of 10. We finish up with walking lunges, the length of the gym with 40lb. dumbbells-2 sets...up and back!

We have our Torrent shakes, go back to my house take some pics in my basement and go for a steak dinner.

Ten WORKING sets total for legs, done in 45 minutes...

Again, pictures will follow...It was good to train heavy with shorter duration. My legs/glutes will kill me tomorrow.

Gotta get sleep now!
Ant.

Maccabee
05-21-07, 7:55 am
I use that squat machine as well facing in, and it hits my quads hard. Unfortuantly ours only fits 8, I can imagine asking ppl to climb up soon lol. That was pretty intense especially for only 10 working sets.

Big Al
05-21-07, 4:59 pm
I sent Big Ant some pic's,he should post them tonight.
Well I got to drink Big Ant's workout drink.LOL You see it in almost every pic we took.
Can't wait for the next workout.You gotta come down here next time.

BigAnt
05-21-07, 9:53 pm
I sent Big Ant some pic's,he should post them tonight.
Well I got to drink Big Ant's workout drink.LOL You see it in almost every pic we took.
Can't wait for the next workout.You gotta come down here next time.

Yeah Al, gotta train in rough-tough gym with chalk, heavy ass weights and just old school balls to the wall workouts...The gym where I belong is good, but is the atmosphere at your gym is DIFFERENT!

Punisher
05-22-07, 1:17 pm
Pics....

BigAnt
05-22-07, 11:37 pm
Check them out.......

eblnyc
05-22-07, 11:42 pm
killer pics! now i want to go do legs! thanks!

BigAnt
05-22-07, 11:54 pm
killer pics! now i want to go do legs! thanks!

Big Al is on his way for his IFBB Pro card, in thses pictures, I am 238 pounds at 5'10 and Al is just under 300 pounds at 5'7-5'8. Dude got abs, cross striations in his quads and great muscle seperation!

He is a monster!
He trains hard and lives bodybuilding 24-7

We will be training 1-2 a week until my show in 15 weeks and his show (which I am also competing in The NPC Nationals in Nov. 07)

Bring it on!

BigAnt
05-24-07, 11:06 pm
Received a deep tissue massage at my gym, will go into full detail, this is a must for people getting ready for shows, or have some joint pain!

mgmmaze
05-25-07, 2:16 am
Hey Ant i have a question I dont want to sound like im being a dick. But rest periods i know different people rest more or less. But latley i have started to watch pro dvds and they say we are moving pretty quickly but to me they seem to be taking there time. I usally go anywhere from 30 seconds to maybe 2min that is pushing it was just wondering. What is your longest rest time?

hjayss
05-25-07, 3:14 am
Received a deep tissue massage at my gym, will go into full detail, this is a must for people getting ready for shows, or have some joint pain!
Happy ending huh lol...nah just kidding bro nothing like a good massage after the hard w/o I need one especially after hitting wheels...

BigAnt
05-25-07, 9:06 pm
Hey Ant i have a question I dont want to sound like im being a dick. But rest periods i know different people rest more or less. But latley i have started to watch pro dvds and they say we are moving pretty quickly but to me they seem to be taking there time. I usally go anywhere from 30 seconds to maybe 2min that is pushing it was just wondering. What is your longest rest time?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I love to watch the IFBB Pro guys dvd's when I do cardio, but, remember, they are not training like that EVERY WORKOUT!

Rest time, for me...I like a little more in the off-season like 2-3 minutes between my bench, dead lift, squat, the basic stuff...for isolation exercises, about 1 minute..

Pre-contest which I am in now...still gotta keep my strenght so 2 minutes for my basic exercises, the rest its like, do my set, write in my journal, take a gulp of my drink, go again..

Ok?

Does help?

It is really an individual thing, based on your goals...

BigAnt
05-25-07, 9:45 pm
My massage was very good (no happy ending-sorry) just worked on my scapula and shoulder region, got some great range of motion right afterwards, I am going to be getting them every 2 weeks until my show....On my day off training (Wednesday) after my back workout on Tuesday and before my Thursday shoulder workout...

Today Friday 5/25/07

Was feeling the diet starting to kick in, still have my strength, but was kinda exhausted near the end of my workout...

Close grips 3x6-8

Barbell curls (Olympic bar) 3x6-8

Standing incline skull crushers (french curls) w/ curl bar 3x8-10

Seated alternating dumbbell curls 3x8-10

1 arm rope tricep extensions 3x12-15

Standing cable curls, close grip/V-bar 3 x12-15

Tricep push down, small V-bar 3x10

Standing hammer curls 2x8, 1x10

Wrist curls super set reverse curls 3x 8-10

Abs crunches 3x30

Done deal...

Yeah getting a ton of funny looks, was 89 degrees today at the time I walked into the gym in PA...Still staying covered up, long Nike pants and a long sleeve t-shirt and of course my Animal hat...

Might break out the shorts this week, but keeping the long sleeves, keeps my
old-man joints warm...

Have a great Memorial Day ! ! !

mgmmaze
05-25-07, 10:03 pm
Thanks Ant I figured it was a personal thing. It was just that im still new only been lifting for 2 years. So I would read oh man i only take like 30 seconds and have all this short time in between sets and bam you watch a dvd and it seems like forever. Well again thanks Ant peace.

BigAnt
05-25-07, 10:11 pm
Thanks Ant I figured it was a personal thing. It was just that im still new only been lifting for 2 years. So I would read oh man i only take like 30 seconds and have all this short time in between sets and bam you watch a dvd and it seems like forever. Well again thanks Ant peace.
================================================== ========
You gotta do what's best for you..

What are your goals?

The dvd's again, are great to watch, and CAN be a great learning tool, but, again...I trained with-along side of these guys...they don't AWAYS do it like the dvd's.

I saw Tom Prince and Bob Chic at Golds Venice...in 2003---killing the
heavy-ass-weight, training like animals..off-season, than had lunch with them at the Firehouse.

Same week, saw Gunthier working out and also Flex...just "kinda" going through the motions, using machins, laughing-joking between their sets..again, probably off-season--rest time...All of these guys I mentioned do train hard, but they know when to "turn it on" and "turn it off"

Ok?

Sir J-Werk
05-25-07, 11:27 pm
Not that I even need to worry myself with this, but when you have this done is it targeted to a specific area only or is it all-encompassing? Obviously it helpe you out tremendously!

Respect.

BigAnt
05-26-07, 1:33 am
Not that I even need to worry myself with this, but when you have this done is it targeted to a specific area only or is it all-encompassing? Obviously it helpe you out tremendously!

Respect.

My massage therapist does half hour and hour sessions....focus on (if you have a weakness-injured area) Again this ain't no relaxation, running water falls playing in the background crap, it is deep-deep tissue - aimed at the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia. It is very intense. Deep tissue massage elongates shortened muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia and allows them to return to a normal state by allowing blood, lymph and nerve transmission to flow through the area involved. Improves range of motion.

I had this done in the past (going on 5 years now) but my old massage therapist moved to another state...and people at my gym informed me that a new massage therapist was good, and goes very deep...the rest is history!

Not that this means anything, but a lot of IFBB Pros get them..Jay, Ronnie, Chris, Marcus, Dennis, Phil...

mgmmaze
05-26-07, 2:50 am
Thanks ant right now im trying to keep it quick im cutting so i feel like im almost doing cardio i usaly only take 30 seconds maybe if i need it a min.

BigAnt
05-28-07, 6:08 pm
Sunday is my usual leg training day. Saturday I woke up with a very sore left shoulder, from what, I don't know, maybe OLD A G E. I iced it Saturday and Sunday, just did cardio and took some Advil. Trained legs on Monday, my shoulder is still a little sore, it will heal...with time, everything does!

I trained legs at Champion Fitness in Bordentown, NJ at 7:15am...formerly Powerhouse Gym. A hard core gym (hard core in this day in age) with very well maintained older Icarian, Hammer Strength, King Fitness equipment with a newer Cybex line of equipment, tons of weights and dumbbells. Champion is home of some very good bodybuilders, (Natural Pro and NPC State level) power lifters and strong men competitors.

Leg extension.
After a 6 minute warm up on the treadmill, some light quad and hamstring stretches, I did 2 warm up sets on the leg extension followed by 4 working sets of 12-15, increasing the weight on each set.

Leg Press.
I was very excited to see a King Fitness leg press with dual plate holders. After 3 warm up sets, I loaded the bottom holder with it's max ten 45lb plates on each side and put three more 45lb. plates on the top holders on each side, did 15 reps, each set I added two more plates to each side for 12 reps for two more sets. My last set I triple dropped a plate off each side for 12-20 reps. I was smoked!

Squats.
Yeah squats....I choose the Smith machine to squat today, my knee was feeling better, and will go back to regular squats next week. Did 225, 275, 315, deep, ass hitting my boots for 15 reps and did 365 for 10 deep-deep reps!

Walking lunges.
With 50lb. dumbbells up and back the entire length of the gym, 2 sets...my quads where so pumped from the squats, the lunges made them numb!

Seated leg curl
After 2 warm up sets did 3 sets of 10-12reps, increasing weight each set. Used the Cybex seated leg curl machine.

Stiff leg dead lifts.
225lbs., 275lbs., 315lbs. for 15 reps, slow down, slow up, stretch and feel the hamstrings work!

Standing unilateral leg curl.
Now I am spent, tired and soaking wet...but had to continue to push my self without slack to finish strong with 3 sets of 8-10 reps. And I did!

I got a chance to speak with some guys who compete on the NPC and Natural Pro circuit. I informed them about Storm, Pump and Shock therapy, and gave some out from my own stock...hopefully they will join and post on here.

Memorial Day...
No burgers for me, my usual diet food, which I love to eat, because I love to better myself from each show!

Ant.

AllGloryisFleeting
05-28-07, 6:36 pm
Very nice BigAnt. Hope that shoulder heals up quick.

Keep pushing yourself. We're with you all the way.

saint of the gym
05-28-07, 11:04 pm
Same here Ant, no burgers for me... Did have a turkey leg though(WONDERFUL!) Glad I'm not with my friend drinking beer with 200 calories and throwing back 12 or more. I'll stick with my water, protein and creatine and my other supplements.

Sir J-Werk
05-28-07, 11:50 pm
Just checked out the leg day you endured.... That is some sweet as thunder traing there my Brother.... Lol, question... (imagine that) .... Do you prefer seated or lying leg curls? I've got to strengthen my hams up considerably because they are hindering my progress in a few lifts.... Curious what your take on them were....

Actually, now that I think about it, my gym doesn't have a seated leg curl machine.... it does have a standing one though.... just as good?

Always informative reading up on what you do.... Keep pushin' Brother.

Respect.

hjayss
05-29-07, 1:58 am
My age is getting up there and the shoulders take a pounding more than anything for me..

DRIVEN
05-29-07, 9:02 am
bigant looking solid bro, big inspiration to me!

BigAnt
05-29-07, 11:35 pm
Well Tuesday...5/29/07 trained chest with a STILL beat up shoulder, it is a test, a test for me, always road blocks in the road, you gotta find a detour and just keep going...

Did my usual warm up, and did the mineral ice thing...told myself to just "go through the workout" But the demon in me (The IFBB North American Demon) pushed me a bit...so here is the workout. Again, this is a light day for me...

Flat dumbbell press
90x15
100x12
110x8

Smith machine incline press
185x15
225x15
265x12

Incline dumbbell press (palms facing together)
90x12
100x10
100x8

Vertical chest press with serratus punch
2 sets of 12

Pec Dec
3 sets of 10-12

Did 2 sets of rope push downs for tris 2x8
Did 2 sets of decline dumbbell extensions 2x8

Abs crunches 3x50

Hack calves 4x25
Seated calf raise 4 x10-12
Donkey calf raise 3x15-20

Iced the shoulder when I got home, still hurts a bit, but, I got through my wokout...again just a minor bump in the road, it will heal with time, I know it will, it always does!

Ant

Maccabee
05-29-07, 11:43 pm
What is a vertical chest press, and how does it hit the serratus?

BigAnt
05-30-07, 12:12 am
What is a vertical chest press, and how does it hit the serratus?

Good question Pokoritel!

Hits the serratus anterior...

The serratus anterior holds the scapula against the thoracic wall. It also adds to or inhibit optimal functioning of the shoulder girdle.

A great PT exercise for the rotator cuff...Press the vertical chest press to full extension, next just "punch" forward...using scapula only...it is only a 3-4 inch movement after you press!

Look up serratus punch or chest press with serratus press.

Let me know if you need some help if you want to try this..

Ant.

saint of the gym
05-30-07, 1:17 am
Big Ant, What does having the hands facing each other work? What would be the difference then the normal way??

Maccabee
05-30-07, 9:37 pm

Good question Pokoritel!

Hits the serratus anterior...

The serratus anterior holds the scapula against the thoracic wall. It also adds to or inhibit optimal functioning of the shoulder girdle.

A great PT exercise for the rotator cuff...Press the vertical chest press to full extension, next just "punch" forward...using scapula only...it is only a 3-4 inch movement after you press!

Look up serratus punch or chest press with serratus press.

Let me know if you need some help if you want to try this..

Ant.

Allright thanks, I am going to try this tomorrow for my chest workout.

BigAnt
05-30-07, 11:40 pm
Big Ant, What does having the hands facing each other work? What would be the difference then the normal way??

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000

how is your training?

becuase of my (sometimes) beat up shoulder, I press with a "palms facing each other grip" for me--individual thing--it takes some pain off my shoulder, it is a bit harder that way..

try it and let me know how it works for you

train hard and smart!

Ant

Fury317
05-31-07, 12:48 am
Hey Ant I just want to say youre the man. You got killer workouts, eat like a beast, AND youre always here to answer all our questions about anything and everything with AWESOME advice and tips. Thanks.

saint of the gym
05-31-07, 1:19 am
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000

how is your training?

becuase of my (sometimes) beat up shoulder, I press with a "palms facing each other grip" for me--individual thing--it takes some pain off my shoulder, it is a bit harder that way..

try it and let me know how it works for you

train hard and smart!

Ant

My trainings going great. Leg workout was today and OH BOY! I love it when people walk by you after a set of squats and they dont know what to do but look because of the pain in your face.

Ill trying the different grip next chest day. Thanks Ant! Thanks for always answering not just mine but everyone questions. Its a real help.

Maccabee
05-31-07, 3:20 pm
I jumped on the Icarian Machine today, and I did the vertical serratus punch thing. It worked great thanks. I pressed it up and then I punched it up. Awesome tip. Thanks

BigAnt
06-01-07, 12:20 am
I jumped on the Icarian Machine today, and I did the vertical serratus punch thing. It worked great thanks. I pressed it up and then I punched it up. Awesome tip. Thanks
================================================== ===========
Glad you liked the new movement, will keep your rotator cuff muscles strong, and also will throw some more meat on to your pecs!

Keep training like the Animnal you are...remember
"CONTROLLED RAGE"

Maccabee
06-03-07, 4:12 pm
Ya I remember that article and the one with staying hungry. My favorite articles. Thanks for all the help BigAnt. Peace

BigAnt
06-03-07, 5:45 pm
Friday's workout arms...My left shoulder was very sore, so I had to go easy, not being a little girl, but, really don't need more of a tear now, not 13 weeks out! In this sport of COMPETITIVE BODYBULDING...If you train hard-heavy and train with the best exercises[compound exercises]...you will have from time-to-time some nicks-bruises...GET USE TO IT...BUT---DON'T IGNORE THEM !

After my ritual warm up...I super-setted (gotta raise the intensity to make up for me not using heavier weghts) lying skull crushers-smith machine
close-grip bench 3x 10-12 adding weight to both exercises each set.

Next, tricep push downs using small straight bar 3x8-10 moving faster now like 30-45 seconds between sets! Went into seated rope 1 arm extensions
3 x12-15 and finished with reverse grip pulley push downs 3 x10-12 Biceps...standing curl bar curls super-setted with standing hammer curls
3 x8-10. Next cable preacher curls 3 x 10-12...again still moving fast betwen sets...now, seated alternate dumbbell curls..2x 8-10 and finished up with 3 sets of reverse curls 3x8-12. Did some abs - 3 sets of 25 hanging leg raise, drank my Torrent and off I went...Was exhausted today, trained 5 days straight and was feeling it...took Saturday off from weight training, did cardio, cooked ALL my food and did stuff around the house...Will blast out legs today Sunday at home - ALONE....Punisher could't make it down to train with me, and Big Al trained his legs earlier (I had to work at my part-time job today from 6:30am-3:00pm)

Will post it later...

Ant

Northman
06-03-07, 5:58 pm
I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but some of the guys I train with swear by something called lavender oil for injuries like yours. They rub it in before they go to bed. I figure (even though I'm a nobody) it might be worth a shot.

BigAnt
06-03-07, 8:57 pm
I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but some of the guys I train with swear by something called lavender oil for injuries like yours. They rub it in before they go to bed. I figure (even though I'm a nobody) it might be worth a shot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey;

Thanks for the message, you are not a nobody! I ALWAYS have room to learn...from everyone !

I will research this Lavender and check it out!

Thanks again!

Nightshift
06-04-07, 2:20 am
I'll have to check that out as well!

BigAnt - Like the arm workout ya did, looked intense!

Maccabee
06-05-07, 12:48 am
Hey BigAnt, When someone does exercises for their rotator cuffs should it be done in sets. Sometimes in the gym I see guys just doing it for one set and thats it. Other times I see ppl doing them for like 2-3 sets. What should I do? I am guessin I should do them once a week on shoulder day. I have never really exercised my rotator cuffs until now that is, and I just wanna do them right. Thanks

BigAnt
06-05-07, 11:14 pm
Hey BigAnt, When someone does exercises for their rotator cuffs should it be done in sets. Sometimes in the gym I see guys just doing it for one set and thats it. Other times I see ppl doing them for like 2-3 sets. What should I do? I am guessin I should do them once a week on shoulder day. I have never really exercised my rotator cuffs until now that is, and I just wanna do them right. Thanks

I am old...40 years old, my shoulders are beat, along with knees, elbows...price one pays for the love of the sport of bodybuilding...LOL I do my rotator cuff exercises every day I train upper body. I do 3 sets of
internal-external rotations and extensions, until they burn with my left arm, and do the same thing for my right, this takes place after my 5-7 minute warm up on the bike-treadmill. I do my rotator cuff exercises with a black T-tube.

How is your training?

You need help with anything?

Maccabee
06-06-07, 12:46 am
Actually I just started doing them but for like 2 sets on shoulder days. I feel less pain in my shoulders now. I am going to do them more often, better sage then sorry. Is their an exercise like that to strengthen the knees? I am only 20 and my knees are beginning to make cracking sounds. I warm up very well, and I dont let my ego take over. However there still crackin all the time. Also, you not old man. Your only 40, and thats mad young.

BigAnt
06-07-07, 11:13 pm
Took 2 days off all weight training, just did cardio. Had my cort. short on my shoulder and iced it a lot. I will resume training tomorrow with a
light-moderate back session. And Saturday will be arms, Sunday will be legs. The shoulder will have to heal slowly, but I also need to find ways to keep my intensity high to keep my off-season added muscle while I diet for my show, A tad over 12 weeks left. I am the type of person, if I can't come in 100%, I will skip the show and pick another, not making any excuses or giving some shit answer. I am known to be the most conditioned guy in the entire show, I do not play the size game with these monster, my hardness, posing, symmetry and stage presence is my forte!

Sometime it is a lonley dark road I travel on for the 2007 bodybuilding season. With ongoing injuries, more demands at work, my competition always improving...the light at the end of the tunnel is not visible at times.

AT TIMES I THINK I AM LOST, HAVE SOME DOUBTS, NOT FEAR BUT DOUBTS. THINK ABOUT OTHER GUYS, GUYS WHO CAN TRAIN WITH LIGHTER WEIGHTS AND GROW, GROW MUSCLE AT CRAZY A RATE, GUYS WHO DON'T DIET HALF AS HARD AS ME WITH THEIR FREAKY FAST-ASS METABOLISMS...DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE GENETIC FREAKS...

And than I sit back and KNOW I am stronger than these guys, my mind is my strongest muscle. I have some "down" times (like when injurie shit me) we all have down times...but I MUST keep going. I strive forward because of my passion, the love of improvng-learning...trying to ALWAYS better myself. I am fortunate I have friends-peers-people at the gym where I train at to help me in these hard-dark times. I sometimes almost need thast
"Kick-In-The-Ass" to re-group and it keeps me focusd on the big picture.

It is okay to have some doubts, everyone has them, but if and W H E N you transfer that DOUBT into a BELIEF--YOU LET GO THAT FEAR...LETTING GO THAT FEAR---THAT IS COURAGE!!

And I ask myself, how many of my competitors have courage?

Ant.

BigAnt
06-09-07, 9:14 pm
Trained arms at home today in the basement...again, had to keep the intensity high and train with little or no shoulder pain...

Tricep push down V-bar super-set with standing cable curls
3x20

Cybex tricep ext. machine super-set Streamline preacher machine.
3x15

Decline skull crushers super-set with close grip EZ curl bar curls
3x12-15

1 arm rev pushdowns super-set with 1 arm high pulley curls.
2x20

Reverse curl super-set with crunches
2x20

This workout had very little rest time. Arms where filled with blood and got a very good pump. Icing the shoulder now, drinking Torrent. Have to cook my food for the week, a great Saturday night...

Space Cowboy
06-09-07, 9:28 pm
This workout had very little rest time. Arms where filled with blood and got a very good pump. Icing the shoulder now, drinking Torrent. Have to cook my food for the week, a great Saturday night...

Before i took a step back, looked at myself and realised where i wanted to go (bodybuilding), a good saturday night consisted of goin to the pub, spending £20, spending £5 on a taxi to a nightclub, paying £10 to get in, gettin wasted on obscene amounts of alcohol to the tune of £20-30, getting a takeaway afterwards, then payin another £5 for a taxi home, crashin in bed, wakin the next morning, feelin like complete shite for the rest of the day.

Now, like BigAnt, a heavy workout, a great pump, cooking delicious nutritious food, laying back and admiring how the works payin off, thats now what i consider a great nite, oh and i also have an extra £70 and clear head the next day.

THE POWER OF THIS LIFE HUH!

EASI

Lowdown5
06-09-07, 9:31 pm
Great workout BigAnt, take care of that shoulder Bro.

BigAnt
06-11-07, 10:10 pm
Monday 6/11/07 12 weeks to go!

Chest training---with a partial rotator cuff tear...

Again my ritual warm ups and r-cuff stuff...

Cable X-over 3 x15 (rest 20 seconds between sets)-PRE-EXHAUST PECS.

Incline StreamLine Isolateral press 3x8-10 (increase weight each set
(30 sec. rest between sets)

Incline dumbell press-palms together 3 x 8-12 (30 sec. rest)

Smith machine decline press super-set flat flies 3x10-12
(rest 20 seconds between sets)

Bosu ball push-ups for shoulder stabilzation 2x40 reps (20 sec rest)

Rope push down 2x8

Decline dumbbell ext. 2x8-10

Hack calves, seated calf raise & donkey calf raise 3x15-25 each set

Abs crunches 2x50

Iced shoulder, drinking Torrent, answering e-mails, going to prepare food-gym clothes for tomorrow, get rest, grow!

STAY POSITIVE!

Ant.

Lowdown5
06-11-07, 10:12 pm
Strong workout BigAnt, hope that shoulder gets better. But you don't appear to be letting it slow you down.

mgmmaze
06-11-07, 10:12 pm
Hey BIG i have a question. I know i have read about working around injuries or pain and all that right now everytime i lift anyting even if its like 15 pounds my elbows and depending on lifts or what im doing my rear shoulders are killing me i could barley get 135 off the rack to bench so i gave that up and went to do some fly with 30 and i damn near dropped it on myself cause it felt like my grip was gone i want to take a week off and maybe ice it and i also have a neoprene elbow brace to keep it warm would greatly appreciate your advice thanks

BigAnt
06-11-07, 10:23 pm
Hey BIG i have a question. I know i have read about working around injuries or pain and all that right now everytime i lift anyting even if its like 15 pounds my elbows and depending on lifts or what im doing my rear shoulders are killing me i could barley get 135 off the rack to bench so i gave that up and went to do some fly with 30 and i damn near dropped it on myself cause it felt like my grip was gone i want to take a week off and maybe ice it and i also have a neoprene elbow brace to keep it warm would greatly appreciate your advice thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How are you?

Sorry to hear about your injury....

Please see an Dr or Orthopod and get films, so we KNOW what we are dealing with.

A week off EVERYTHING except cardio (for endorphine release) is great!

Please ice your elbows-rear delts 20 minutes on 4-5 times aday. When you get your films back, WHEN the Dr. give you the green light to start training again..GO LIGHTER WITH HIGHER REPS, force fresh blood-oxygen into these areas for repair.

Big Al and I have been fighting elbow pain off-on for years. What helps me is to Icey Hot-Mineral Ice the area before training and cover it with a neoprene elbow sleeve to lock the heat in and to support it.

Ice it right after the workout, not pushing this stuff, but Advil-Motrin might help! Also Animal Flex...and it is much safer for you!

Take a week off, do your cardio, make a Dr. appt and please keep me posted.

Without knowing you or seeing you-evaluating you...it MIGHT be from
over-use--tendonitis...what I have !

You will bounce back in no time...KEEP POSITIVE.

Hit me up if you need any more help!

ANT

Bam Bam
06-11-07, 11:52 pm
Nice workout Big Ant. Keep taking care of that shoulder and keep growin. Peace.

hjayss
06-12-07, 1:38 am
You really know how to work around an injury..

Nightshift
06-12-07, 2:26 am
Nice Chest workout!!! Glad to see your getting your workouts in despite your injuries! Seeing you push forward "Smartly" (if thats a word, LOL), is and inspiration to allof us that have on-going injuries ourselves!!

BigAnt
06-12-07, 10:33 pm
6/12/07--back attack!

I love training back and legs, my strongest body parts..

As some of you may know, years and years of heavy pressing will-can cause some shoulder damage...so...what I do is--for every one chest - press exercise do two back - pullling exercises..gotta get some ROM in the scapula region!

SAME OLD WARM UP STUFF....
Pull ups 4x12-15 (30 sec. rest)
Old school T-Bar 4x8-12 (45 sec. rest)
One arm dumbbell rows 3x10-12 (45 sec. rest)
Rev grip barbell row 3x6-10 (45 sec. rest)
Low pulley row (close grip) 3x8-12 (30 sec. rest)
Wide front pull down, facing away from machine 4x12-15 (30 sec. rest)

High cable pulley bicep curls 2x6-8 (30 sec rest)
Stand alt. dumbbell curls 2x8 (45 sec rest)

Abs physio ball crunch 2x50

*Special thanks to Big Al for leaving me a phone message (again, sometimes--I need a kick in my ass to jump start, and get my head away from dwelling on this injury)

The North American contest is the best of the best on stage!

**And also thanks to Bob, Cal, & Angelo for working in with me during my sets!

ANT.

Lowdown5
06-12-07, 10:36 pm
Great workout BigAnt, I like the old school T-bars, classic!!

Big Al
06-13-07, 1:35 pm
The show is coming fast,no time to cry about the pain now.You know what you have to do to WIN.And I know you will get through this injury and do what you need to do to be your best.
Your freind,BIG AL

Fury317
06-13-07, 2:33 pm
Great back workout Ant! Way to get at it even with an injury! I never thought of doing pulldowns facing away, thats some pretty clever stuff. Does that let you isolate more (limit the motion)?

BigAnt
06-13-07, 9:58 pm
Great back workout Ant! Way to get at it even with an injury! I never thought of doing pulldowns facing away, thats some pretty clever stuff. Does that let you isolate more (limit the motion)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------How are you?

I face away from the pulldown machine, puts my back in a
"scapula retraction" position, my lumbar is resting on the knee pads and I have a slight arch in my back when I pull down to my chin!

I feel it more this way and it is harder, not with your knees locked in.

Try some like this, get back to me how you like them...

Ant

Lowdown5
06-13-07, 10:00 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------How are you?

"scapula retraction" position, my lumbar is resting on the knee pads and I have a slight arch in my back when I pull down to my chin!

Ant

Saw a guy doing that recently and didn't understand it, now I do. Thanks BigAnt.

BigAnt
06-14-07, 12:17 am
Wednesday is one of my off days for weight training...I got a deep tissue masage today. Focusing on my shoulders, scapula, pecs and biceps. It was very good and I do feel less pain in my injuried shoulder. Tomorrow is the test...shoulder day!

Big Al, myself and a lot of IFBB pro bodybuilders get deep tissue work done. It does help with ROM and to break down scar tissue.

TufffGuY
06-14-07, 12:21 am
Dude, I want to get a deep tissue massage so bad. After back day im like an old man walking like egor lol.

Maccabee
06-14-07, 1:08 am
Hey Big Ant your workouts are looking great. I have a qeustion about supplements, well as you may know I am beginner with this stuff. Why does it say on Nitro that you have to drink it with Grape Juice. Why specifically grape juice? Cna you use another juice or even water? Thanks for the help.

Nightshift
06-14-07, 3:16 am
Workouts look great as usual! I'll have to give that Lat pull variation a try next week!!

Bam Bam
06-14-07, 4:20 am

Ant

I do this when I am pulling behind the neck. Problem is I dont weigh enough to add serious weight!

BigAnt
06-14-07, 9:56 pm
Big Al and I spoke yesterday, he said this to me..."look, you know what you gotta do to win, you been down this road before, quit training like a little f-in girl and train hard and heavy, that is what wins shows"

So....shoulders

Started with rear delts.

Rev pec dek 3 x10-12
High pulley pulls to the nose 3x8-12
Standing scaption raises 3x10-15
Seated front dumbbell raises 3x 8-12
(pre-exhaust the delts)
Standing pause-presses in the power rack 4x6-10
Standing 1 arm dumbbell presses 3x8-10
Cable side raises 2x12-15
Barbell shrugs 4x8-10
Dumbbell shrugs 2x15(gym's heaviest dumbbells are 140lbs) what I use.
Hanging leg raises 3x25

Again, my boy Bob was there to push me and Angelo and Cal jumped in also...thanks guys!

Lowdown5
06-14-07, 11:10 pm
Big Al and I spoke yesterday, he said this to me..."look, you know what you gotta do to win, you been down this road before, quit training like a little f-in girl and train hard and heavy, that is what wins shows"

So....shoulders

Started with rear delts.

Rev pec dek 3 x10-12
High pulley pulls to the nose 3x8-12
Standing scaption raises 3x10-15
Seated front dumbbell raises 3x 8-12
(pre-exhaust the delts)
Standing pause-presses in the power rack 4x6-10
Standing 1 arm dumbbell presses 3x8-10
Cable side raises 2x12-15
Barbell shrugs 4x8-10
Dumbbell shrugs 2x15(gym's heaviest dumbbells are 140lbs) what I use.
Hanging leg raises 3x25

Again, my boy Bob was there to push me and Angelo and Cal jumped in also...thanks guys!

Killer workout as usual BigAnt!

BigAnt
06-15-07, 1:40 pm
Going to train arms in Bordentown, NJ today at Champion Gym, formerly Powerhouse. GDiesel, Punisher, Big Al...you guys want in?

Will be there close to 3-3:30

Will record workout later and maybe have some pictures...

Ant.

Lowdown5
06-15-07, 1:45 pm
Going to train arms in Bordentown, NJ today at Champion Gym, formerly Powerhouse. GDiesel, Punisher, Big Al...you guys want in?

Will be there close to 3-3:30

Will record workout later and maybe have some pictures...

Ant.

Pictures would be cool BigAnt. Later!

BigAnt
06-16-07, 2:16 pm
At Champion Fitness in Bordentown, NJ

Forgot my camera..next time!

Close grip bench on Smith machine 3x8-10
Stand barbell curl 3x8-10
Skull crushers with wide grip 4x6-8
Seated alt. dumbbell curl 3x6-8
Tricep push down V-handle 3x12-15
Cable preacher curl machine 3x12-15
1 arm rope push down-super set-1 arm cable curl 2x8-10

Reverse curl 3 x10-12

I am geting very tight, very hard. With my previous knee injury over the winter (had to train legs light for 6-8 weeks) and now with my tear in my
r-cuff, this year will be very challenging for me...not to mention I work three jobs....

I just give my 110% every day!

Ant.

saint of the gym
06-17-07, 4:32 am
Ive had knee troubles ever since my sophmore year in high school. I had to get surgery and it STILL give me a pain when i have to do any leg workouts. I have to fight it. People tell me... listen to you body...yeah Ive had this problem for like 5 years and the doctors cant do anymore besides shots to dull the pain... Ill fight it more every leg day. Love pain though...

Great workout Ant! Take care of that shoulder! and the knee

BigAnt
06-18-07, 3:51 pm
Going to DE again today. Training chest with Big Al...we are going to develope a "new" game plan for my 2007 bodybuilding season....stay tuned...

brandonA
06-18-07, 3:55 pm
Going to DE again today. Training chest with Big Al...we are going to develope a "new" game plan for my 2007 bodybuilding season....stay tuned...

Ohhhh...can't wait....have fun bro...I saw some vids of Big Al on youtube...BIG is an understatment....repping 315 almost 30 times on the bench....

-B

Maccabee
06-18-07, 11:44 pm
Damn that is crazy. You got the link?

brandonA
06-19-07, 12:17 am
Damn that is crazy. You got the link?

I will dig some stuff up and make a new thread...cant hi-jack BigAnt.....hahaah

-B

hjayss
06-19-07, 3:34 am
You will know the answer if anybody...Ok the olympic bar is 45 lbs what about the standard regular 6 foot bar..I know you probably got one in the dungeon on the wall down there..because I hae one in my home I was just wondering I have googled it even tried to weight it on the scale did not read..

saint of the gym
06-19-07, 4:19 am
Weight yourself on the scale, then weight again holding the bar... is it a electronic scale? Mine is and it won't go lower than 50 lbs or something like that. Just trying to help.

BigAnt
06-19-07, 6:31 am
Went to DE trained with Big Al and his freaky mass-monster friends!

Incl db 3x8-10
Incl barbell 3x8-10 and 1 drop set
Bench press barbell (hurt shoulder a bit) 3 x10-12
Hammer Strength decline 4x10-12

I developed a new game plan for my 2007 season, it is more logical and will be better for my shoulder...Al and I spoke about it and I will skip the North America...sure, when I am 100% Al said I can give the guys in my class a run for their money, but, with a torn rotator cuff and in MARCH-APRIL NOT BEING ABLE TO TRAN LEGS HARD-HEAVY FOR 8-10 WEEKS...I will not be 100% on!

Yeah, I have been known for my crazy ass conditionng, hardness-dryness, symmetry and stage presence--this is how I win over-alls! I do not play the "size game" We have decided to go back to my off-season diet for 5-6 weeks, let the shoulder heal 100% and I will be doing the NPC East Coast for my first show and going to the NPC Nationals on 11/17/07.

Sure I won every local NY, NJ, PA, AND DE show, for some an over-all win in these shows is great, but placing in the top 10-15 in Nationals, for me is a bigger accomplishment, I will be competing with the best of the best!

I always say if you cannot give all of yourself and that has to be 110%, you will not be happy with your out come, regardless where you place!

So after our workout last night we went to Border's Eats and I had a two-serving chicken-steak fajita platter...yeah it was for two people, a double serving and also has some tortilla chips with salsa.

Time to heal and get big-n-freaky again for the nexT 5-6 weeks, and anybody who knows about competing in bodybuilding shows, knows, I will not be getting fat, I will have a great "rebound" from my pre-contest diet for 5 weeks!

ANT.

Nightshift
06-19-07, 6:59 am
New game plan sounds great Big Ant!!! Heal up so you can give the competition a major run for their money!

Hollow
06-19-07, 7:07 am
Like Nightshift said the new game plan sounds great. The competition doesn't stand a chance, you'll be coming out on top! Good luck in the upcoming months.

McFly
06-19-07, 8:30 am
BigAnt, it was nice meeting you last night. great workout! You coming down next monday?

Andy

BigAnt
06-19-07, 9:24 am
Hey Andy;

It was great meeting you also!

Yeah, if my schedule allows, I would lke to hit chest with you guys every Monday...missed you at the resturant last night!

This kid is only 22 years old, threw up the 160lb dumbbell for an esy 8 reps for incline presses...he got these crazy ass big-round veiny shoulders, he will compete next year....

Maccabee
06-19-07, 10:50 am
That is an awesome gameplan BigAnt. Sometimes you got to take one step back to move two steps forward. I am sure you will kick ass in November.

BigAnt
06-19-07, 12:13 pm
Everyone, thank you for the support. I know, deep in my heart, if I am 100% healthy and give it my all, I can stand on stage next to ANYBODY and be respected...that is why I decided to do the later season shows...Trophies are nice, but I just want to compete against a better Anthony, to surpass my 2006 condition....

McFly
06-19-07, 12:32 pm
Ant;

I'm 26 not 22 but i guess that is a compliment lol!

I am excited to be on board with BigAl and hope to see you around more and see first hand what i've heard about of Al's boy "Ant"

Lowdown5
06-19-07, 1:29 pm
Great game plan BigAnt, I will be following along with your journey, it is gonna be a kick ass ride.

BigAnt
06-19-07, 4:41 pm
Ant;

I'm 26 not 22 but i guess that is a compliment lol!

I am excited to be on board with BigAl and hope to see you around more and see first hand what i've heard about of Al's boy "Ant"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

22-26, you are still a young-in, but powerful as hell, those freaky ass shoulders-arms, Big Al must be training you the right way!~

heavy and hard!

looking forward with more workouts with you and the guys!

Maccabee
06-19-07, 10:46 pm
Hey BigAnt I need some advice. When your on a bulk do you have to do lower amount of sets because I have always been going high?

Nightshift
06-20-07, 1:54 am
With your new game plan, are you looking to come in at a heavier weight?

BigAnt
06-20-07, 3:58 pm
Trained back last night, pull ups, t-bar rows, reverse grip barbell rows, one arm dumbbell rows, low pulley rows, front pull downs and rack deads...will post pictures soon. Thanks to Bob and Angelo for training with me!

ANT

BigAnt
06-20-07, 4:02 pm
With your new game plan, are you looking to come in at a heavier weight?

Not a bad idea, I want to give my contest prep 110%, but with a torn rotator cuff, it is hard, so I will spend 5-6 weeks rehabbing my shoulder, putting on some good weight-muscle and start contest dieting again on 7/30/07 for my first contest NPC East Coast on 11/3/07 and NPC Nationals on 11/16 & 11/17. As long as I surpass my 06' condition and get a little more arm-shoulder size, as far as I am concerned, I am a winner!

hjayss
06-21-07, 4:52 am
Hey Andy;

It was great meeting you also!

Yeah, if my schedule allows, I would lke to hit chest with you guys every Monday...missed you at the resturant last night!

This kid is only 22 years old, threw up the 160lb dumbbell for an esy 8 reps for incline presses...he got these crazy ass big-round veiny shoulders, he will compete next year....

We will be hearing from this cat in the future a toast to the "freaks" yeeeaaaahhhh...

BigAnt
06-21-07, 10:20 pm
Got a MRI of my shoulder today, results will be avail. tomorrow....Bob, Cal and Angelo joined me for shoulders, we set up two stations, so I don't have to wait for everyone to get finished their lift.

Rear delt fly 3x10-12
Scaption dumbbell raises 4x10-12
Front dumbbell raises 2x12 palms up, 2x12 palms down
Standing pause-presses in the power rack 3x6-8, last set tripple drop 3-5-8
1 arm standing dumbell press 3x8-10
Specialized dumbbell raises 2x15
*holding light dumbbells, I was using 8lbs. and my delts where on fire....raise out to sides, palms down, hold for 2 secomds, bring across your body hold 2 seconds, go straight back over head, hold for 2 seconds, and reverse order...that is one rep! (must hold each segment for 2 seconds)
Cable side raises 2x12
Nose pulls 3x10-12
Barbell shrugs 4x8-10
Dumbbell shrugs 3x15

My shouder was feeling pretty good, doesn't bother me much with training shoulders, sometimes it hurts when training chest with certain movements, gotta train smart, use heavy weights, or make the weights feel heavy to keep/add size.

Hopefully I will have decent news tomorrow with my MRI...but I just have to keep positive and keep pushing ahead, never turn back...

Arm training is Friday...
Ant

Lowdown5
06-21-07, 10:25 pm
Keeping the faith that the MRI will be cool BigAnt, hoping for good news.

BigAnt
06-22-07, 9:16 am
Just as I thought...tendonitis/partial - thickness tear...which is a lot better than a full-thickness tear.......

Hollow
06-22-07, 9:20 am
Glad to hear your shoulder is not as bad as anticipated.

liftheavy
06-22-07, 11:04 am
Just as I thought...tendonitis/partial - thickness tear...which is a lot better than a full-thickness tear.......

Ant;

I'm glad to hear it isn't a full-thickness tear. Just hang in and stay tough....you'll get through this injury just fine.....remember that your strength, courage, and confidence are achieved by standing before any challenge you encounter.....you have all 3....now look the challenge in the face and stay ANIMAL....we're all in your corner!

Liftheavy

BigAnt
06-22-07, 11:44 am
Liftheavy..thanks for the nice words, how is your training-diet-cardio...you staying Animal-Hardcore?

Lowdown5
06-22-07, 11:46 am
BigAnt, glad that it is not as bad as it could have been. Take care Brother, keeping you in my prayers for a quick recovery.

BigAnt
06-22-07, 3:25 pm
BigAnt, glad that it is not as bad as it could have been. Take care Brother, keeping you in my prayers for a quick recovery.

appreciate this!

DRIVEN
06-22-07, 10:04 pm
Hey man just had a question about what your diet is like when your NOT cutting for a show....like whats your favs to throw in the mix?

driven

BigAnt
06-23-07, 8:48 pm
Hey man just had a question about what your diet is like when your NOT cutting for a show....like whats your favs to throw in the mix?

driven

basically the same, but fattier cuts of meat, more carbs, and Sunday is
my--CHEAT DAY!

fav's chicken-rice-flax---egg white wraps---lean ground beef-roasted potatoes---fruit salad---sushi (good for like 75 pieces) hmmmmmmmmmm gotta eat now, getting hungry, will have NY steak-rice-veggies....

BigAnt
06-23-07, 8:51 pm
Trained legs at home with Bob, he and I train at the Gym during the week...
We started out very strong, kicking it hard core, than--walking lunges, from my gargage to the end of the curb and back...well...I will let Bob finish this story....

BigAnt
06-25-07, 9:05 am
Trained legs at home with Bob, he and I train at the Gym during the week...
We started out very strong, kicking it hard core, than--walking lunges, from my gargage to the end of the curb and back...well...I will let Bob finish this story....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=8021

BigAnt
06-25-07, 6:33 pm
I went to see my Orthopod. today, I can read an MRI report, but I feel much better hearing, and knowing I was correct from a Dr. He said TENDONITIS...not a tear? !

Tendonitis is really "over use syndron" to heal--rest/ice/light rom stretching....

Lowdown5
06-25-07, 7:38 pm
I went to see my Orthopod. today, I can read an MRI report, but I feel much better hearing, and knowing I was correct from a Dr. He said TENDONITIS...not a tear? !

Tendonitis is really "over use syndron" to heal--rest/ice/light rom stretching....

That is great news Bro, very happy for you.

hjayss
06-26-07, 12:51 am

Be careful bro I think the shoulder injury bug is jumping around...good to know it is only TENDONITIS but still be carfeul bro..you use animal flex dont you I ben thinking about getting some...

Nightshift
06-26-07, 1:24 am
Good luck with the healing process!

McFly
06-26-07, 8:37 am
glad to hear the shoulder injury isn't a tear. Missed you for chest last night, get that shoulder taken care of so you can come back down and train.

BigAnt
06-26-07, 3:48 pm
glad to hear the shoulder injury isn't a tear. Missed you for chest last night, get that shoulder taken care of so you can come back down and train.

how was the workout, you throw the 160's up again?

will stop down on saturday for sushi!

thatoneguy
06-26-07, 4:03 pm
i was wondering if u could help me out with some shit.
basiclly i just got down with my first contest last saturday. after the show i went hog wild on some food the next day. then back to a normal high protien and carb diet (actually i stole the meal plan from house in his rebound article) but my ? to u is that after 3 days of eatin my stomach looks like a turtle shell when im not even full. it also has been harder to use the toliet haha im just a little concerned because along with the akward look, im never hungry for real anymore. i eat b/c i know i have to eat to grow. but i dunno this is just shit goin through my mind and i know you guys on this site know ur shit and i was just looking for some answers.

thanks man

kenny

BigAnt
06-26-07, 9:14 pm
i was wondering if u could help me out with some shit.
basiclly i just got down with my first contest last saturday. after the show i went hog wild on some food the next day. then back to a normal high protien and carb diet (actually i stole the meal plan from house in his rebound article) but my ? to u is that after 3 days of eatin my stomach looks like a turtle shell when im not even full. it also has been harder to use the toliet haha im just a little concerned because along with the akward look, im never hungry for real anymore. i eat b/c i know i have to eat to grow. but i dunno this is just shit goin through my mind and i know you guys on this site know ur shit and i was just looking for some answers.

thanks man

kenny

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well welcome to the "day after" I remember after my first show, I hit 7-11, wawa, McDonalds, Kfc, Dunkin Do's...until I bust...a very beginner mistake.

You stretched your stomach out, basically from bodybuilding diet (starving yourself)--push the water...mabe try some fiber or a fiber mix to "make you go"

What show did you do, how did you place?

You should be fine in 3-4 days, keep the cardio low impact but 30 minutes long...also try a "lighter" workout and less rest in between sets....

thatoneguy
06-27-07, 9:18 am
i did the show me naturalsand placed 2nd in the teen division and 6th outta 11 in the open novice men,
the stomach is starting to subside lol but i just hate taking time off from getting to a goal of mine.( gaining lean muscle) and thats why i got all my cravings out quick my new diet looks like this.....any suggestions or critizim is welcome

7:30 a.m. Breakfast
5 large whole eggs
1 cup plain cooked oatmeal
Large sliced banana

10 a.m. Midmorning Snack
2 slices whole-wheat bread
3-4 slices deli-style turkey breast
2 slices low-fat cheese
Mustard, lettuce
Choice of fruit

1 p.m. Lunch
6 oz. lean ground beef
1 cups pasta
1 cup broccoli

3 p.m. Midday snack
1/2 can albacore tuna

5 p.m. Preworkout
20 g protein shake (whey or whey/casein blend) with 3-5 g creatine

6:30 p.m. Postworkout
20-40 g protein shake (whey or whey/casein blend) with 3-5 g creatine
32 oz. Gatorade

7:30 p.m. Dinner
8 oz. chicken breast or steak
Large sweet potato
1 cup broccoli or asparagus

10:30 p.m. Bedtime
1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2-3 Tbsp. peanut butter

McFly
06-27-07, 9:54 am

how was the workout, you throw the 160's up again?

will stop down on saturday for sushi!

Nah, we switched it up, we started with flat bench, incline smith.....i don't remember much else i think my body and brain is fried from last nights back workout. Next time you talk to Al ask him about his leather straps!!!

BigAnt
06-27-07, 8:53 pm
Nah, we switched it up, we started with flat bench, incline smith.....i don't remember much else i think my body and brain is fried from last nights back workout. Next time you talk to Al ask him about his leather straps!!!

I heard --- snapped 2 straps, one after another on Strongest Ranges with 950lbs...F R E A K!

BigAnt
06-27-07, 8:58 pm
You can never win a race if you take 1 step forward and two steps backward...slow and steady get's the job done....

Taking it extra conservative this time around, yeah I am training like a girl but hopefully in 2-3 weeks, I will be 100% healed or close to it...

Back at home---

PT-rotator cuff exercises 3 sets unti it burns plus 5 more...

Seated row with a pinch (close grip) 3x20
Curl grip pull down 3x20
Spider incline row (wide grip) 3x20
Pull over machine 4x20
1 arm db row 2x20
Par grip pull up 3x20

Ant

Lowdown5
06-27-07, 9:09 pm
You can never win a race if you take 1 step forward and two steps backward...slow and steady get's the job done....

Taking it extra conservative this time around, yeah I am training like a girl but hopefully in 2-3 weeks, I will be 100% healed or close to it...

Back at home---

PT-rotator cuff exercises 3 sets unti it burns plus 5 more...

Seated row with a pinch (close grip) 3x20
Curl grip pull down 3x20
Spider incline row (wide grip) 3x20
Pull over machine 4x20
1 arm db row 2x20
Par grip pull up 3x20

Ant

Damn fine workout Ant, you get that shoulder healed and there will be no more girl training.

Big Wides
06-27-07, 9:13 pm
nice workout Ant, push through it big guy

BigAnt
06-27-07, 9:17 pm
Damn fine workout Ant, you get that shoulder healed and there will be no more girl training.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000

THANKS MAN!

Maccabee
06-27-07, 10:52 pm

I heard --- snapped 2 straps, one after another on Strongest Ranges with 950lbs...F R E A K!

holy crap. Hey BigAnt or McFly what is a Strongest Ranges?

McFly
06-28-07, 8:26 am

Strongest range, partial deadlift

BigAnt
06-28-07, 8:31 am

A partial dead lift in the power rack, pins set at shin level...great power movement!

BigAnt
06-28-07, 9:14 pm
Yeah gotta train smart-extra smart---A cort. shot does not turn you into Superman, it helps reduce infalmation-releives pain so you can train ---LIGHTER---FORCE FRESH BLOOD AND OXYGEN INTO THE INJURIED AREA FOR HEALING....

My shoulder workout---with Bobby, Cal, and Bob--Angelo was MIA!

This entire week is all 20 reps, next week is all 15 reps, the 3rd week is all 12 reps--4th week, if all goes well, I can start to go heavy again 5-10 reps!

Rear delt fly 3x20--moving fast now - hardly no rest now!
Nose pulls 4x20
Scaption dumbbell raises 4x20
Front cable raises 3x20
Machine press 3x20
Stand 1 arm dumbbell press 3x20
Cable side laterals 2x20
Barbell shrug 4x20

This workout left some of my boys in the dust, gasping for air...will see if the brave ones will comment on it...but they will grow from it!

Will send pictures to Punisher tomorrow...hope they came out ok!

Ant.

Bob20
06-28-07, 10:47 pm
yeah it was tough, not to used to doin that many repetitions, but it was good to switch it up a little. we really tageted the posterior delts which is an area i really need to work on to improve my bench. great workout Ant!

Lowdown5
06-28-07, 11:34 pm
Hardly mo rest, you guys are fuckin Animals.

BigAnt
06-29-07, 2:05 pm
Hardly mo rest, you guys are fuckin Animals.

Yeah something like no rest for the weak and weary!

Lowdown5
06-29-07, 2:15 pm

Yeah something like no rest for the weak and weary!

I feel ya Bro!!

BigAnt
06-29-07, 7:36 pm
Friday afternoon, arms!

Myself, Bobby and Big Chris...we set up different stations to keep it a fast pace...remember still staying with 20 reps! (except abs-calves)

Tricep rope pushdowns 4x20
Standing cable curls 4x20
Wide grip skull crusher 3x20
Incline dumbbell curls 3x20
1 arm rope kickbacks 4x20
1 arm 90 degree preacher dumbbell curls 4x20
Wrist and rev wrist curls 2x20
Reverse curls 3x2O
Abs on physio ball 3x30

Fast and fried...done deal!

Don't you love how the gym gets empty on Friday's!?

BigAnt
06-29-07, 9:19 pm
Friday afternoon, arms!

Myself, Bobby and Big Chris...we set up different stations to keep it a fast pace...remember still staying with 20 reps! (except abs-calves)

Tricep rope pushdowns 4x20
Standing cable curls 4x20
Wide grip skull crusher 3x20
Incline dumbbell curls 3x20
1 arm rope kickbacks 4x20
1 arm 90 degree preacher dumbbell curls 4x20
Wrist and rev wrist curls 2x20
Reverse curls 3x2O
Abs on physio ball 3x30

Fast and fried...done deal!

Don't you love how the gym gets empty on Friday's!?

No pictures today!

schodle2
06-30-07, 12:21 am
this was one of the hardest workouts i have done in a while, mostly because i have no endurance past 12 reps, but my arms are still pumped. cant wait to see how they feel tommorrow.lol.

Roland
06-30-07, 2:30 am
What's up Ant...you guys are tearing that shit up, 20 reps, very nice, keep it comin'....and man, the BigAnt drink is awesome bro! It really makes a big difference. Have a good one!

BigAnt
06-30-07, 3:53 pm
What's up Ant...you guys are tearing that shit up, 20 reps, very nice, keep it comin'....and man, the BigAnt drink is awesome bro! It really makes a big difference. Have a good one!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the cool words, how's training on the west coast?

you hitting them hard?

Roland
06-30-07, 5:59 pm
----------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the cool words, how's training on the west coast?

you hitting them hard?

Training is good, trying to hit it harder and harder everytime man, no givin' up, thanks for the great BigAnt drink helps me push thru, definately a staple of my arsenal.

Bob20
07-01-07, 10:39 pm
friday was one of the hardest arm workouts i have ever had. but Ant and our boy Chris found away to keep it amusing. we had these high school girls checkin us out on the tricep rope kickbacks and after Ants set he says to the girls that he is available to be booked for the prom but they had to act fast, these girls were probably just getting into their senior year, they just giggled and walked. it was hilarious.

BigAnt
07-01-07, 11:47 pm
friday was one of the hardest arm workouts i have ever had. but Ant and our boy Chris found away to keep it amusing. we had these high school girls checkin us out on the tricep rope kickbacks and after Ants set he says to the girls that he is available to be booked for the prom but they had to act fast, these girls were probably just getting into their senior year, they just giggled and walked. it was hilarious.

You forget to mention that "before the prom" we gotta go to China Buffet to stock up on chicken on the stick-rice-green beans..

Bobby, next Sunday 7/8/07 Leg day down at Big Al's gym...I will drive cool?
Leave my house at 10:30am-!

schodle2
07-02-07, 12:52 am
yeah that sounds great cant wait!

BigAnt
07-02-07, 10:09 am
This is also posted under Living...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOMEBODY WAS LOST...NOW HE IS FOUND!

Saturday night 6/30/07, Big Al and I eating sushi, we both downed over a hundred pieces..we spoke about "earlier times" That conversation stuck with me, on the ride home, when I slept, at work, and even followed me into the gym the next day...

Fast forward, Sunday 7/1/07-the next day. I worked eight hours at my
part-time job 6am-2pm. Leg day...Big Al trained his freaky legs earlier. I went to the Gym, it was empty, no Bobby, Cal, or the "regular crew" of guys I see on Mon-Fri. I started with my normal warm ups...First exercise was leg extensions, 3 sets of 10-12.

Went to leg presses next. I saw this person, training hard, you see this person always trained hard-heavy--REGARDLESS...sure he had some
cuts-busies...it happens, injuries in this sport, but nothing let him down, than he faded, he went lighter some times, worked "around" the injury...sometimes more time that the injury deserved, he was very conservative now! In the past..he never questioned what his contest-prep guy said, he just did it...His prep guy loved to work this guy, because, he just listened, sure, he asked questions to educate himself, but never wanted to change-alter what was outlined for him. Today...HE WAS DIFFERENT! You see, this guy, on the leg press would do three very light warm up sets and three to four work sets, but s o m e t i m e s stopping before failure because of his former injuries, that now are 100% healed. But today, he was loading hundred pound plates as many as he could find in the gym, than threw as many as forty five pound plates on the remaining portion of the weight holders. His head phone on, chewing on the cord, he banged out nine
hard-grueling reps, thought he would rack it. And than he mumbled something like "Just bring it on November 16th" and screamed up 3 more...he was full of sweat, found a way to load 2 more forty five pound plates on the weight carriage and did two more sets, going past failure...breathing heavier with each rep...

He was going to do the squat machine next, but again mumbled something to the effect "Light heavies you ain't shit, I don't sweat you!" And eyed up the power cage and did squats, four sets, adding weight each set, butt to the ground, just when you think he finished his last rep, he sucked up four deep breaths and did three more reps. Walking lunges, leg curls, stiff leg deads, hip adduction/abduction--the same way...just good old blood training, from deep in the heart....

He smiled as he walked out the gym with protein shakes in hand...walked to his SUV and drove him, mumbling "It is good to be back"

Sad to say, this guy was me, yeah I go VERY conservative when injured and God knows as you age you get prone to more injuries in this sport...But after Al's "kicking me in the ass, that I much needed" talk...I came to realize this...There is risk every where in life, walking across the street, climbing the stairs to work, taking a shower, anything you do is at risk...if you are not careful. When I feel good I MUST now go full steam ahead, and learn to not re-think about my former injuries, we all get a scrap or two now and than, and I am not saying ignore them and train foolish so you will be out of commission with a surgery lined up....But when you are feeling good with no pain or little pain, that will go away with some warm ups...you have to do what is right, and what is right for me is my former training style...Sure my shoulder hurts, but it does not kill me, I think it is time again to test it...And if it feels good, than it is back to hard-heavy training, if it still feels very sore, than I do what I can! But don't baby it!

Thanks Al!

Do you really want me to train legs with you next week, NOW THAT THE "OLD" ANTHONY IS BACK BOY?

Ant

BigAnt
07-02-07, 8:59 pm
Started with incline dumbbells...4 sets 12-10-8-6 increased weight each set, was doing incline barbell, my boy Bobby walked in after taking his exam with a smile on his face he says "Ant, no more high 20 reps?" I said, "When I feel good it is on, when it hutrs, I do my best" He spotted me for three sest of incline barbell 10-6-6 again..adding weight each set....Very low decline dumbbells 2x10 (flat barbell was very painfull this tme on shoulder, will try again next week) cable X-over 3x12. Vertical chest press-with serratus punch (PT movement 2x10) and Bosu ball push ups for stability 2x50 reps...did 4 sets of heavy hack calves 10-12 reps...and it was done!

Lowdown5
07-02-07, 9:00 pm
Kick ass workout Ant, damn inspirational Brother.

liftheavy
07-02-07, 9:22 pm
Glad to see your back, bro, and your training's going strong.

You'll smoke 'em on stage in November.

STAY ANIMAL-HARDCORE!!!!!!

BigAnt
07-02-07, 10:09 pm
Glad to see your back, bro, and your training's going strong.

You'll smoke 'em on stage in November.

STAY ANIMAL-HARDCORE!!!!!!

You geting in all of your meals-training-cardio?

How is your summer going?

Me smoke them in November...?

Thanks! But for me winning is following through on my plan, this is not a state show, I will be on stage with the best of the best...NATIONALS...my first National show!

Just want to be respected...you know a 40 year old natural, trains at home, works three jobs, just give me some decent call outs...and I my job is done!

BigAnt
07-02-07, 10:11 pm
Kick ass workout Ant, damn inspirational Brother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

John, how was your training today?

Any new personal bests you break from last week?

liftheavy
07-02-07, 10:15 pm

You geting in all of your meals-training-cardio?

How is your summer going?

Me smoke them in November...?

Thanks! But for me winning is following through on my plan, this is not a state show, I will be on stage with the best of the best...NATIONALS...my first National show!

Just want to be respected...you know a 40 year old natural, trains at home, works three jobs, just give me some decent call outs...and I my job is done!

Hey, bro, you'll get some respect......just stay on track with your plan....
stay focused....GET IT DONE!..you'll achieve YOUR goals you set for yourself.

As for me, I'm doin' allright, just training, doing cardio, and eating right...
Thanks for asking!

hjayss
07-03-07, 1:55 am
Bro solid w/o bro like the spead w/o to...really feels good when the yooung women check you out...

Maccabee
07-03-07, 2:04 am
If anything your already respected BigAnt. And not by hundreds but thousands of people.

BigAnt
07-03-07, 10:13 am
If anything your already respected BigAnt. And not by hundreds but thousands of people.

thank you Pokoritel!

you getting in all of your meals?

McFly
07-03-07, 12:39 pm
Ant: what's this i hear you coming down to train legs sunday? I missed last week, aggravated my IT band injury. I will be there this sunday...i have a feeling walking lunges out back up hill will be in order!

BigAnt
07-03-07, 1:44 pm
Ant: what's this i hear you coming down to train legs sunday? I missed last week, aggravated my IT band injury. I will be there this sunday...i have a feeling walking lunges out back up hill will be in order!

HEAL FAST!

Al is gooing to try to make us "loose" our breakfast...

How are you doing other than your IT band?

McFly
07-03-07, 1:53 pm

HEAL FAST!

Al is gooing to try to make us "loose" our breakfast...

How are you doing other than your IT band?

how about we turn the tables and try to make him "loose" his breakfast, alhough sometimes i wonder if he is human or not!

i am doing well, my nutrition slipped a bit the past week or so and i can feel it. I am back though, had to hit up costco last night.

training back tonight!!!

schodle2
07-03-07, 8:35 pm
Ant asked me to post our workout today so here it goes
4x12-15 pull ups
3x6-10 t-bar rows
3x6-8 rack pulls, after our heavy set set ant went outside to meet his friend ralph(lol) luckily he didnt come. the pins set just below the knee.
2x10-12 one arm dumbell rows,
2x10-12 seated cable rows
3x10-12 lat pulls
ant did good mornings 2x10-12, i just did hyper extensions with plate to chest.
physio ball crunches 2x20..
great workout Ant... have a good holiday and see you thursday for shoulders.
the rest of u animals have a good holiday also!!

Lowdown5
07-03-07, 9:07 pm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

John, how was your training today?

Any new personal bests you break from last week?

Got some good days in the gym Ant, just trying to be consistent. How you doing Bro, how is the shoulder?