PDA

View Full Version : Arm Blaster

rbowman91
11-21-12, 7:24 pm
Yo fellas.

So i saw a guy at the gym today training with an Arm Blaster on his curls. The same old school kind that arnold used. I looked em up and found a ton online, many different brands. Thinking of getting one for some nasty curls.

Has anyone ever bought or used one of these, and can offer an opinion? I cant see a downside to using one. Anyone recommend any specific type?

C.Coronato
11-26-12, 3:13 pm
Big fan. They had one at a gym a grew up going to. Absolutely loved them.

GUNZ
11-26-12, 5:21 pm
^^^^ agree, man i used one of those when i was just starting out at the gym! Havent come across one at a gym in years.

Bruiser
11-26-12, 5:22 pm
If all else fails, just press your back against the wall and curl. Takes all the cheat out of it.

Universal Rep
11-28-12, 4:24 pm
Big fan. They had one at a gym a grew up going to. Absolutely loved them.

Agreed... I believe there's a pic of The Hoff usin one somewhere.

Far Beyond Driven
11-28-12, 9:45 pm
Dittos. My HS gym had one, as does my current gym. Absolutely awesome for that real isolation and no cheating burn.

Universal Rep
11-29-12, 9:56 am
Dittos. My HS gym had one, as does my current gym. Absolutely awesome for that real isolation and no cheating burn.

Yup... Ya had to load on less weight on the bar but it wuz worth it.

ctgblue
11-29-12, 1:41 pm
Not a big fan of many of them as they shove the arms out in front of the body, so it's 'similar' to a preacher curl and you can just rest at the top of the curl.
I prefer elbows back so there's never a release of tension.

AND, yes, I have seen idiots cheat with them, the old hip thrust back whip curl, even more frightening with one of those on...

Universal Rep
11-29-12, 3:00 pm
AND, yes, I have seen idiots cheat with them, the old hip thrust back whip curl, even more frightening with one of those on...

You call THAT cheatin???? Wuts a little hip-thrust-back-whip-curl between friends?

Haha.

GUNS
12-01-12, 2:01 pm
Huge fan as well. I have owned one for probly 20 years. Another great tool to isolate the bi. Everyone should be using this thing about once a month in their arm training. I say arms because you can use it in your tri taining as well. You can't use preachers every week. You should be changing it up every single week. And who care if no one else around you does them right.