PDA

View Full Version : Rage Powder vs Pills

MikeNice
11-27-12, 8:37 pm
I've only used the powder form of Rage. I love the effect, but I hate the taste. I fight not to gag when I'm drinking. Is there any difference between the results using the pills over the powder? I know they have the same ingredients. I was just wondering if the difference in absorption changes the effect.

deanna7272
11-27-12, 9:46 pm
I've only used the powder form of Rage. I love the effect, but I hate the taste. I fight not to gag when I'm drinking. Is there any difference between the results using the pills over the powder? I know they have the same ingredients. I was just wondering if the difference in absorption changes the effect.

I have only used the powder also. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT... Not sure what flavor you are using, but the slaughter melon and apple jacked are easier to handle... I have moved on to just throwing back a scoop and a swig (with SM and AJ, of course...lol)

TigerAce01
11-27-12, 10:36 pm
Liked the powder...LOVE the pills. The pills are easy as all hell to get down. Other things I like:

I can tailor the dose exactly and be consistent (maybe I only want 5 capsules some days...if the dose works, I can continue taking that exact amount)

No taste

I can take a single pak anywhere

It has a bit slower of a release, so it lasts me even through my longer sessions

-Ace

N. Motta
11-27-12, 10:37 pm
Powder. It's the way Rage was meant to be taken.

No self respecting man takes a jello shooter over the shot of whiskey. Haha. No offense intended, just a goofy analogy for my preference. I'm sure the absorbtion is about 6's either way.

MikeNice
11-28-12, 7:30 am
The initial taste isn't bad. It is that medicinal uner taste that gets me. Maybe it is because I've used sample paks so far. (3 from Animal, 2 from a friend, and 1 that came with my Pump, Animal sent.) I really liked the aj flavor, except that chemical/medicine taste was just horrific. Is the Rage in the tub any better?

I would actually prefer taking a shot of Crown. I love Rage, but so far it just seems the powder isn't for me.

Universal Rep
11-28-12, 12:03 pm

Yup... Powder brings it quicker and the energy peaks higher. The packs deliver the same focus IMHO, but the energy comes more gradually, but a bit smoother and more sustained. Hope this helps.

If ya like the packs, wait for the first week of December. I believe you'll be able to score a can of Rage packs for $1 with the purchase of Pak.

Appollonian
11-28-12, 1:06 pm
The initial taste isn't bad. It is that medicinal uner taste that gets me. Maybe it is because I've used sample paks so far. (3 from Animal, 2 from a friend, and 1 that came with my Pump, Animal sent.) I really liked the aj flavor, except that chemical/medicine taste was just horrific. Is the Rage in the tub any better?

I would actually prefer taking a shot of Crown. I love Rage, but so far it just seems the powder isn't for me.

Have you given a thought to mixing it with Storm? Personally I dig the original OJ, OJ 2.0, AJ, and SM so it all works for me, but I usually take it with 1/2-1 scoop of Storm and it mixes nicely.

Yup... Powder brings it quicker and the energy peaks higher. The packs deliver the same focus IMHO, but the energy comes more gradually, but a bit smoother and more sustained. Hope this helps.

If ya like the packs, wait for the first week of December. I believe you'll be able to score a can of Rage packs for $1 with the purchase of Pak.

Wait what??

Aggression
11-28-12, 1:26 pm
Effective preWOs aren't suppose to taste like candy. If it does, I ain't trustin it.

MikeNice
11-28-12, 6:27 pm
I'm not looking for candy. Let 's be real though. Apple Jacked is the best tasting flavor. Even that tastes like the stuff my doctor gave me after my last trip to Mexico poured over Apple Jacks. It is a great product, I'll probably be picking up the packs when I run out of Pump.

Rage plus Storm might be worth a shot if money allows.

JasonG
11-28-12, 10:20 pm
I love the taste of AJ. It's hard to mask the active ingredients. It's not the best tasting preworkout out there, but I sure as hell don't cringe before taking it, I look forward to it. Do you have much experience with other pre workouts out there as a comparison?

Universal Rep
11-29-12, 9:35 am
Wait what??

Yup... The energy from the powder comes on faster than the pills.

MikeNice
11-29-12, 9:40 am
I love the taste of AJ. It's hard to mask the active ingredients. It's not the best tasting preworkout out there, but I sure as hell don't cringe before taking it, I look forward to it. Do you have much experience with other pre workouts out there as a comparison?

Yeah, it seems like nearly every company will give you a free sample. I've probably tried nine or ten besides the Animal pres. Rage and Pump are the best in my opinion. That is why I'm considerring Rage pills for training during the day and Pump for training after work.

Universal Rep
11-29-12, 9:42 am
I'm not looking for candy. Let 's be real though. Apple Jacked is the best tasting flavor. Even that tastes like the stuff my doctor gave me after my last trip to Mexico poured over Apple Jacks. It is a great product, I'll probably be picking up the packs when I run out of Pump.

Rage plus Storm might be worth a shot if money allows.

Nuthin wrong with statin your opinion, MN... I do think the supp industry is diff than 10-20 years ago. Back then, not much tasted so good and it really didn't matter. Today, supp users expect more... Good taste and good results.

TigerAce01
11-29-12, 9:56 am
Wait what??

I think this was in reference to the $1 deal.

Yeah App, there was a sale not too long ago that I took part in on bb.com that consisted of buying a can of Pak then you get a can of Rage pills or only $1...it was awesome.

-Ace

Universal Rep
11-29-12, 9:57 am

Yeah App, there was a sale not too long ago that I took part in on bb.com that consisted of buying a can of Pak then you get a can of Rage pills or only $1...it was awesome.

-Ace

I know, I wuz just messin...

It "might" be a similar deal. Stay tuned...

Appollonian
11-29-12, 1:36 pm
Yup... The energy from the powder comes on faster than the pills.

Ace is right... I could see in a totally sleep deprived state how washing the pills down with the powder could be used... rarely.

-Ace

Sick, I love deals like this.

I'll never forget the deal Shukin mentioned last year where one of the sites had by 2 of whatever supplement, you got a 3rd free. The prices where a tad higher than I was used to, but not nearly enough to make it a bad deal. If anything like that ever comes up again, I'll be buying at least 6 months, if not a year's worth of supplements at once.

Cellardweller
11-29-12, 1:52 pm

Damn. I have some PAK landing on my porch today.

I get more from the caps than the powder. I can never get the timing of the powder right. If I take the caps before I leave my house, it's go time by the time I touch some iron.

Universal Rep
11-29-12, 2:55 pm
Damn. I have some PAK landing on my porch today.

I get more from the caps than the powder. I can never get the timing of the powder right. If I take the caps before I leave my house, it's go time by the time I touch some iron.

Interestin observation about the caps...

Enforcer
12-10-12, 9:47 am

Me personally I like the powder better. I feel like my body absorbs it faster and better. Love the Green Apple flavor the most

Mr. Dead
12-10-12, 12:00 pm
Me personally I like the powder better. I feel like my body absorbs it faster and better. Love the Green Apple flavor the most

This...

pkilcarr
12-10-12, 12:08 pm

I feel the same way, and always rocking that Apple Jacked

Altered Beast
12-10-12, 1:30 pm
Effective preWOs aren't suppose to taste like candy. If it does, I ain't trustin it.

I stand with Agg.

*Me personally, I prefer the pills. They hit you very hard and last a hell of a lot longer. I like the sustained energy as opposed to being tweaked out of my skull to the point I cannot focus. Don't get me wrong, they still hit you like a Mack Truck. It's just a bit more controlled as opposed to instant insanity.

Take them 30-45 minutes before lifting 30-60 minutes after your pre-workout meal. They start to kick in when your warming up and doing mobility/stretching routines and they are at 110% when it's time to hit your primary lift!

Pills for me.