PDA

View Full Version : Ox in da house...

Universal Rep
11-28-12, 11:58 am
Just got word that Ox will be visiting Corporate tomorrow afternoon. Any of you fellas got questions for him?

Angst
11-28-12, 12:52 pm
Just got word that Ox will be visiting Corporate tomorrow afternoon. Any of you fellas got questions for him?

That's awesome. Don't know if he already mentioned it elsewhere, but I was wondering if he made any changes with diet and training post-Olympia versus previous offseasons.

mritter3
11-28-12, 1:55 pm
Very cool!! Is he planning on competing at the Arnold in march?

Solid Dreams
11-28-12, 2:12 pm
How's his daughter doing?

Tell him I hope his dad does well, and that we're all proud of him for being such a role model to the rest of us schmucks.

Aggression
11-28-12, 3:43 pm
Thursday is prowling day at The U HQ. Will he be partaking in some prowler pushes with us?

Brasil
11-28-12, 3:54 pm
Will you change anything from diet to exercising for the O next year?

And will he be going to the ABC in Jersey on saturday?

naturalguy
11-28-12, 3:58 pm
Thursday is prowling day at The U HQ. Will he be partaking in some prowler pushes with us?

I would like to see Ox on the prowl

RedlegDbell
11-28-12, 4:11 pm

That would be tremendous haha

Universal Rep
11-28-12, 4:21 pm

Just wanderin thru Corporate, sure, micowavin food, bootin up computers, replacing blown light bulbs, etc. etc.

j/k I believe it's his off day.

naturalguy
11-28-12, 4:23 pm
Just wanderin thru Corporate, sure, micowavin food, bootin up computers, replacing blown light bulbs, etc. etc.

We should have him pack up Animal Pak shipments, he could leave personalized notes in people's orders

Universal Rep
11-28-12, 4:25 pm
We should have him pack up Animal Pak shipments, he could leave personalized notes in people's orders

Haha, wut a crazy idea. Its brilliant... Take sum pics and boom, done.

naturalguy
11-28-12, 4:35 pm
Haha, wut a crazy idea. Its brilliant... Take sum pics and boom, done.

Imagine being a customer and receiving your order with a personalized note from Ox? That would be awesome

JosiahMartin2311
11-28-12, 5:51 pm

Please ask him about his off season diet. I've heard about it in the past but I'm sure it's changed since then. As far as favorite protein, carb, and fat sources? vitamins and minerals? spices, seasoning, cooking methods? "cheat meals?" I understand that not all of these will probably be answerd but any of them would be helpful and greatly appretiated. Thanks animal, and thanks ox. PS. TELL HIM HOW MUCH HE INSPIRES ME IN NOT JUST BODYBUILDING BUT IN LIVING A GOOD, CLEAN LIFESTYLE.

World Eater
11-29-12, 5:16 am

How many Oxes does it take to change a lightbulb?

Universal Rep
11-29-12, 9:32 am
Imagine being a customer and receiving your order with a personalized note from Ox? That would be awesome

Agreed...

Universal Rep
11-29-12, 3:04 pm
The man is on the Jersey Turnpike... Turnkpike. Why is that so Jersey???

N. Motta
11-29-12, 3:24 pm

I'll straight up place an order today, to have that chance.

Animal
11-29-12, 3:55 pm
I'll straight up place an order today, to have that chance.

Ox arrived shortly. Some the boys are driving him down to shipping to pack a few orders and to leave a surprise note for a few customers.

After that, maybe we can have him answer a few customer service calls and surprise some callers...

Then, we'll do a Q/A and have him answer the questions posted here.

Good times.

Razor
11-30-12, 8:44 am
Ox arrived shortly. Some the boys are driving him down to shipping to pack a few orders and to leave a surprise note for a few customers.

After that, maybe we can have him answer a few customer service calls and surprise some callers...

Then, we'll do a Q/A and have him answer the questions posted here.

Good times.

Loved the pictures that were posted in Instagram and Facebook.

Universal Rep
11-30-12, 2:14 pm

Haha, yeah.... Priceless.

I believe all the questions in this thread will be answered by Ox via vid, to be posted up soon...

Animal
11-30-12, 3:11 pm

Ox is a man of the people.

G Diesel
12-05-12, 9:49 am
Your questions, answered by the man himself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT8IUPdSRj4

Peace, G

Razor
12-05-12, 9:50 am

Peace, G

Sweet been waiting for this! Thanks G.

JdKong79
12-05-12, 10:16 am
15 min just isn't enough Ox time haha

Universal Rep
12-05-12, 1:22 pm

Peace, G

Nice, G... Think all the questions from the thread were hit, rite?

MikeNice
12-05-12, 1:51 pm
Ox, can you point us torwards more information on these detox program?

RaisingTheBar
12-05-12, 4:01 pm
Ox, can you point us torwards more information on these detox program?

I'd be really interested in this too, Ox. It really peaked my interest when you mentioned Chlorella. Is this kind of detox something the average weight lifter should be doing, to stay healthy?

Ox
12-06-12, 9:23 am
I'd be really interested in this too, Ox. It really peaked my interest when you mentioned Chlorella. Is this kind of detox something the average weight lifter should be doing, to stay healthy?

Hey bro. I sincerely believe that everyone should incorporate detoxing into their routine. After all, the better your system is functioning and the healthier you are, the better able your body is to do what you ask of it. Here's what I posted on MD last night:

Since my father was diagnosed with cancer, I've become more and more conscious of the importance of trying to sustain my health. As a bodybuilder, it's no secret that you sometimes push your body. But even if I wasn't a professional bodybuilder I, just like anyone else, am exposed to various things that can be detrimental to health; various chemicals present in food packaging and the food itself, toxins and chemicals in the air we breathe and the water we drink, various forms of radiation, heavy metals etc etc. There are plenty of people who will never drink any alcohol never do drugs and try to take care of themselves the best way they know how and still end up with something like cancer. So I think routine detoxification is something that everyone living in the modern world should practice because I think toxicity has a great deal to do with many if not all diseases. Of course, there are examples of children who, at very young ages, develop cancer or leukemia etc and they certainly haven't had enough time to "mess things up". I'm sure that, as with anything else, there is a genetic component. But taking steps to reduce the impact of toxins, radiation, heavy metals etc can only help. Considering the current state of things, no one is capable of avoiding all these things. The best thing anyone can do is try to minimize them and then take steps to help their body deal with those things.

Here's what I've been doing since the Olympia:

1. No performance enhancing supps. NOTHING. Not bridging, not coasting...OFF.
2. Easing up slightly on food consumption. Seeing as I'm not currently preparing for a show or in a full on offseason mode, it makes sense to reduce food intake proportional to my needs. I don't believe eating a lot of food is "bad" for you so long as it is UTILIZED. When food isn't being utilized because there is no NEED for it and your digestive system becomes taxed, then I think there is a potential for problems.
3. Systemic enzymes. I've been using a hefty dose of these every day. They are not digestive enzymes but they are proteolytic enzymes meant to be taken on an empty stomach and are enteric coated so they are able to make it through the stomach and get delivered into the blood. There they act to "clean up" your blood; digesting crap floating around in your blood. They help to balance inflammation, improve circulation and increase immunity. No joke, I've been sleeping really well, my energy is improved and when I'm training, I keep my pump the entire workout and have significantly less pain during training.
4. Essiac Tea. I drink hot cup of it each morning and night. It's a combination of herbs that helps encourage elimination/detoxification.
5. Chlorella + Cilantro + Garlic. This combo help to clear heavy metals from the body. I take 6 chlorella tabs 2 x a day, throw handfuls of fresh chopped cilantro into my rice along with oil that I infuse with raw garlic( I crush a few cloves of garlic and let them sit in olive oil overnight)
6. An apple a day. No matter what, I always have an apple each day.

Ample water intake, enough rest, and generally doing the best you can to lead a lifestyle that is in line with your goals goes without saying.

Of course, Pak and Omega are staples in my diet and I keep them in at all times.

There's no way to know how beneficial this protocol is for me or anyone else. But it makes sense to me and I do believe in the power of the body to repair, cleanse, detoxify, heal etc itself if supplied with the right things.

G Diesel
12-06-12, 9:40 am
Hey bro. I sincerely believe that everyone should incorporate detoxing into their routine. After all, the better your system is functioning and the healthier you are, the better able your body is to do what you ask of it. Here's what I posted on MD last night:

Since my father was diagnosed with cancer, I've become more and more conscious of the importance of trying to sustain my health. As a bodybuilder, it's no secret that you sometimes push your body. But even if I wasn't a professional bodybuilder I, just like anyone else, am exposed to various things that can be detrimental to health; various chemicals present in food packaging and the food itself, toxins and chemicals in the air we breathe and the water we drink, various forms of radiation, heavy metals etc etc. There are plenty of people who will never drink any alcohol never do drugs and try to take care of themselves the best way they know how and still end up with something like cancer. So I think routine detoxification is something that everyone living in the modern world should practice because I think toxicity has a great deal to do with many if not all diseases. Of course, there are examples of children who, at very young ages, develop cancer or leukemia etc and they certainly haven't had enough time to "mess things up". I'm sure that, as with anything else, there is a genetic component. But taking steps to reduce the impact of toxins, radiation, heavy metals etc can only help. Considering the current state of things, no one is capable of avoiding all these things. The best thing anyone can do is try to minimize them and then take steps to help their body deal with those things.

2. Easing up slightly on food consumption. Seeing as I'm not currently preparing for a show or in a full on offseason mode, it makes sense to reduce food intake proportional to my needs. I don't believe eating a lot of food is "bad" for you so long as it is UTILIZED. When food isn't being utilized because there is no NEED for it and your digestive system becomes taxed, then I think there is a potential for problems.
3. Systemic enzymes. I've been using a hefty dose of these every day. They are not digestive enzymes but they are proteolytic enzymes meant to be taken on an empty stomach and are enteric coated so they are able to make it through the stomach and get delivered into the blood. There they act to "clean up" your blood; digesting crap floating around in your blood. They help to balance inflammation, improve circulation and increase immunity. No joke, I've been sleeping really well, my energy is improved and when I'm training, I keep my pump the entire workout and have significantly less pain during training.
4. Essiac Tea. I drink hot cup of it each morning and night. It's a combination of herbs that helps encourage elimination/detoxification.
5. Chlorella + Cilantro + Garlic. This combo help to clear heavy metals from the body. I take 6 chlorella tabs 2 x a day, throw handfuls of fresh chopped cilantro into my rice along with oil that I infuse with raw garlic( I crush a few cloves of garlic and let them sit in olive oil overnight)

Ample water intake, enough rest, and generally doing the best you can to lead a lifestyle that is in line with your goals goes without saying.

Of course, Pak and Omega are staples in my diet and I keep them in at all times.

There's no way to know how beneficial this protocol is for me or anyone else. But it makes sense to me and I do believe in the power of the body to repair, cleanse, detoxify, heal etc itself if supplied with the right things.

Very insightful bro. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
12-06-12, 9:41 am

Welp, I dont detox... But I do take Pak and Omega daily like u. Does that help????

freighttraindane
12-06-12, 9:41 am

This is great! Thanks for outlining what you are doing for a detox. With the Systemic enzymes, is this a supplement you are taking or are you getting it from a specific food source?

BRIGNAC
12-08-12, 11:44 am
Awesome insight bro. Was eating rather healthy for a while then got back to a pretty crudy diet again alot of junk/fatty foods been goin this way for to long. So i def plan to try this just to help purify my system and start clean eating again.

RaisingTheBar
12-09-12, 3:26 pm
Thanks for sharing! Really appreciate your opinion. I'm gonna slowly start trying these out to see how each effects my system.

Universal Rep
12-12-12, 9:18 am
Ox is in da house vid, "Evan visits Jersey"... www.youtube.com/UniversalUSA77

JUGGERNAUT
12-12-12, 11:13 am
OX is a wall of muscle...damn

Good seeing you again breh!

John B
12-12-12, 12:46 pm

Glad to see bodybuilders such as yourself actively promoting such lifestyle modifications. Your techniques are very much in line with the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda which promotes weekly fasting for one day a week to "burn off"
Ama (undigested food) which would otherwise turn into toxins that will lodge in the "weak spots" of one's body. The seasonal, self-cleanse is another technique which is advocated to more effectively cleanse existing ama/toxins from the body; it incorporates a light, drying diet with heating herbs, oil massages, and a castor oil "purge" at the end. An even more extensive technique is a Panchakarma done under the supervision of a clinician and which can last for up to three weeks. I have no doubt that your emphasis on clean eating, and techniques such as the one you noted above, will allow you to train more effectively and much longer that many of your peers. The important thing is to simply enjoy a longer, more healthful life.

MikeNice
12-12-12, 1:03 pm
I've started adding more garlic to my cooking. I also started adding cilantro to my eggs every morning. I stopped using store bought eggs as well. Now I use farm fresh eggs every morning. I also started using more cayenne pepper. That wasn't something you mentioned, but something I read years ago. I can tell a difference in digestion already.

Would you count A7 as a "performance enhancing" supplement? I know Pump is and I'm going to be cutting back or eliminating that soon. (It is a great product. The problem is, when I use Pump, I don't really feel the workout when it is happening. I can just keep going and pushing. For somebody like me that is dangerous.) Where do protein shakes fit in to the supplement plan on this type of detox? They usually have a few artificial ingredients just to keep the fat and sugar count down. I heard you mention that you had started drinking them again. So, what is the verdict on that?

Thanks for always being willing to share your information and insight. It is a welcome change from the normal advice I hear from most guys that lift.