PDA

View Full Version : Gethin DTP

KettleBellFreak
12-01-12, 5:44 pm
Have you guys read up on that on bb.com? It just sounds sort of dangerous to muscles in my opinion. He wants you to raise weight every set of two exercises for sets of 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 in that order. Is that smart?

Cellardweller
12-02-12, 10:45 pm
Why not? It's kinda like the centuries leg press where you start at 1 plate per side and do 10, 2ppsx20, 3ppsx30 etc. until you don't hit the target reps and then you go backwards back down to 1pps. I've never applied that to anything else, but don't see why you couldn't.

KettleBellFreak
12-03-12, 7:27 am
Why not? It's kinda like the centuries leg press where you start at 1 plate per side and do 10, 2ppsx20, 3ppsx30 etc. until you don't hit the target reps and then you go backwards back down to 1pps. I've never applied that to anything else, but don't see why you couldn't.

Well, see you guys know more than I do. Thanks man, was interested in it

MikeNice
12-03-12, 8:26 am
It doesn't really seem dangerous, it seems pointless to me. Why would I go from 50 - 10 and then super set from 10 - 50? The only reason to go for 50 reps is to use light weight and attack the quick twitch fibers. The reason to go for 10 is to build muscle mass or strength. You are going to be creating fatigue well before you get to 10 reps on the first exercise. On the second exercise you would be too fatigued to hit the fast twitch muscles with the greatest intensity by the time you get to the 40 rep set.

To me it just seems like an inefficient way to attack two separate issues. I'm still a novice though. So, take my opinion for what it is worth.

Aggression
12-03-12, 8:36 am
Methods like that and the Century rep leg press are good to throw in there occasionally. But they should never be the main way you train. Using it a shock technique every so often will be beneficial.

KettleBellFreak
12-03-12, 3:49 pm
Well I thought of doing a week of it just to change shit up. Just wanted to know what others thought on it, fatigue would be a huge factor though, I just figured if you hit your max on the exercise at 50 reps after nearly 200 you'd probably overtrain and potentially tear muscle

MikeNice
12-03-12, 5:54 pm
I would start at about 20% of 1rm on the 50 rep set. I have to lift at about 33% of my 1rm to get in a set of 30 - 35 squats. For 50 I would drop to 20% on the first try to make sure I had enough in the tank for the rest of the sets. You can always go up the next time.

Christman
12-03-12, 10:22 pm
I've done this before, it's pretty intense if you keep the rest periods at what he recommends which is something like 30-45 secs with the high reps and low weight and then 90 secs - 2 mins once you get down to the heavier weight and low reps. It's a good way to get in and out of the gym if you are short on time and it works you pretty hard. Defiantly not something that should be done all the time, just like with nearly every other plan and technique out there.

QuikNutZ
12-06-12, 7:50 pm
I've done this before, it's pretty intense if you keep the rest periods at what he recommends which is something like 30-45 secs with the high reps and low weight and then 90 secs - 2 mins once you get down to the heavier weight and low reps. It's a good way to get in and out of the gym if you are short on time and it works you pretty hard. Defiantly not something that should be done all the time, just like with nearly every other plan and technique out there.

Im on day 6 right now and holly $#!t... Im a beginer so maybe anything would work but i think this is a great workout... Im gonna put my 4 weeks into it and then jump over to HRT (Animal Hellraiser Trainer)... I was gonna do HRT first but its a 12 week and i wanted to look good for family reunion come xmas... I do like how you get in and out of the gym without all the bs...