PDA

View Full Version : Body Part Overlap (specifically delts and rear delts)

cgcgraded
12-04-12, 1:48 pm
What are your thoughts on training rear delts the day after training the front and side delts? And what are your thoughts on training the front and side delts the day after chest?

For Example: Delts/Arms followed by Back(w/rear delts) and Chest/Back followed by Delts/Arms

Thanks

Aggression
12-04-12, 1:58 pm
What are your thoughts on training rear delts the day after training the front and side delts? And what are your thoughts on training the front and side delts the day after chest?

For Example: Delts/Arms followed by Back(w/rear delts) and Chest/Back followed by Delts/Arms

Thanks

If you're training the front and side delts on one day, why are you training your rear delts on the same day? Hit 'em all one workout.

I also give a one day bumper between training chest and then shoulders/arms.

cgcgraded
12-04-12, 2:42 pm
If you're training the front and side delts on one day, why are you training your rear delts on the same day? Hit 'em all one workout.

Workout would take too long if I trained rear delts along with front and side delts AND with arms.

In Flames
12-04-12, 3:25 pm
Workout would take too long if I trained rear delts along with front and side delts AND with arms.

Stop training Front Delts and only focus on Side and Rear than. Front Delts get enough stimulation from Pressing movements, Bench, Military, Arnold Press, etc. Most of my entire Shoulder routine is focused only on Side and Rear Laterals, Military Pressing only once in a while and my Shoulders keep growing.

rainman
12-04-12, 4:38 pm
I have been training front and mid delts on my chest day, (usually Thursdays), then back and rear delts, (usually Fridays). I have been moving my workouts around a bit and have found this to be quite successful for me, doing arms and legs on the other days and having a 4 day split. I superset most of my exercises, moving from a back exercise to a delt for example, then back again.

I appreciate that the shoulders, being engaged in most upper body exercises, get a lot of use throughout an average week, so would require a whole workout to themselves to hit a noticeable gain in size and strength. However, I have made gains using my current split, albeit slower than doing them in a dedicated 5 day split, so I will tweak it as necessary for now.

Big Wides
12-04-12, 5:00 pm

Thanks

I wouldn't and hit your rear delts either on your shoulder day or chest day. I would also allow at least 48-72 hours between training chest and shoulders since shoulders are impacted when you press.

What does your whole routine look like?

World Eater
12-04-12, 5:10 pm
In HRT, Rage schedules it like this,
D1 Delts, arms
D2 Legs
D3 off
D4 chest & tris
D5 back, rear delts, calves

That might be a way to schedule your workouts.

Fredo95
12-04-12, 5:26 pm
Stop training Front Delts and only focus on Side and Rear than. Front Delts get enough stimulation from Pressing movements, Bench, Military, Arnold Press, etc. Most of my entire Shoulder routine is focused only on Side and Rear Laterals, Military Pressing only once in a while and my Shoulders keep growing.

This.

cgcgraded
12-05-12, 9:53 am
Thanks for all the replies. Switched things around so that it is no longer an issue.