PDA

View Full Version : FourtyEighty

J U S T I N
12-05-12, 10:53 am
My name is Justin and I'm from Pittsburgh, I work as a project engineer and I am an aspiring business owner. To cut to the chase, I am competing in my first BB show in March 2013, the NPC NATURAL EASTERN USA CHAMPIONSHIPS. This is my log for my contest journey - the first, but certainly not the last. I've defined my morals and my lifestyle - in and out of the gym - from my parents, the military, the FORVM and experiencing things for myself.

I'm a junior officer in the Army as well, so I am a firm believer in the fact that experience defines who we are. I like to believe that I have good experience under my belt - not a lot - but what I do have is quality about strength, discipline and dedication in regards to "livin." My aspirations are to be the best at what I set my mind to - thats how I was raised and what I was taught.

I am going to use my journey to compete to fuel and drive the creation of my upcoming business - FourtyEighty. It is a lifestyle brand based on definition by experience and living things out for yourself. Animal, HTFU and the military are my biggest influences in forming my idea. It will include writings, accessories, apparel, custom car parts and motorsport / action sports photography+video creation to start out. I'm looking to launch it in April 2013.

This is a rather complex idea and hard road to take head on, but fuck it. I can handle it, I won't fail.

I'm 16 weeks and 4 days away from the show, and 16 weeks and 5 days away from FourtyEighty. Time to begin making perfection a habit.

Firefist
12-05-12, 11:02 am
First, thank you for your service.

Second, welcome homie, glad to have you. We will definitely be seein each other soon prob at an ABC, if you are in the pittsburg/OH slab area. Kill those workouts and get it done. And good luck on your business endevours.

J U S T I N
12-05-12, 3:55 pm
Thanks, I appreciate it. I need to get a Pittsburgh ABC meet soon...

J U S T I N
12-06-12, 8:11 am
Outlining the business model, designing logos, getting the diet on point, getting initial size measurements and weight, planning my training. 16 weeks 3+1 days.

NPC, FourtyEighty, Pittsburgh Animals

deanna7272
12-06-12, 9:43 am
Gonna sub in for this and also taking a second to thank you for all you do!!!

I surely hope that we cross paths along this crazy journey that you are embarking on!!!

J U S T I N
12-06-12, 11:23 am
Gonna sub in for this and also taking a second to thank you for all you do!!!

I surely hope that we cross paths along this crazy journey that you are embarking on!!!

Thanks for the support. I hope we meet as well!

J U S T I N
12-07-12, 8:55 am
D-Day... no significance behind the "D", but one of the most well known moments in our history. I say moment because, for the guys who were there it probably seemed like an eternity, but for those civilians state side who were masked from the REAL epxerience of it all, it was a moment. Respect.

For me, D Day is March30th, 2013 - my first show. I am about a day and a half away from my 16 week prep; D-114 for me. 113, 112, 111... everyday takes a little more determination and discipline than the last.

D-114 results: crushed arms this moring around 5, woke up at 430am and told myself: Get your ass outta bed and train. It helps me when I can relate to articles written on the FORVM. Thanks for everything again everyone, almost ready to start the prep.

www.4matexp.blogspot.com

J U S T I N
12-08-12, 3:43 pm
D-112. Contest prep.

Quads, cardio and abs for today, got my diet laid out, very excited. Massive boost of energy after the session with my trainer - really looking forward to gettin this started on the right foot.

Carbs with every meal except the last meal, 2 lbs off meat every day, 5 30 min cardio sessions a week to start... It will be a big change, but nothing I'm not used to from the Army - I laugh at the Army PT program sometimes - its a good way to maintain, but I dont see how it really can improve anyone other than making everyone a skinny stick runner. Cool if that's something someone wants, but last time I checked, if my ass is blown up or any of my comrades are down in a truck because of some ass hole trying to kill us over seas I want a strong mf'er who can pull a 300lb body out of a gunner's hatch over someone who can do 100 situps, 100 push ups and run a 10 min 2 mile. Thats just my 2 cents... gotta love the Army tho, its given me a lot.

I'm looking for this experience to really provide a way to get to know myself a little better, really hone in on my weak points as a person, as a bodybuilder, as a friend, future husband, business owner and so much more.

Define yourself through experience, thats when you really find out who you are. Stop thinking and start doing.

Until tomorrow...

J U S T I N
12-09-12, 9:27 pm
Hams, Calves, cardio today. Cooking everything for the week, should be a good start.

Meal Plan:
8 egg whites, 3 whole eggs
3/4 cup oats

8 oz talipia
1 cup rice

8 oz talipia
1 cup rice

8 oz talipia
1 cup rice

8 oz talipia
1 cup rice

8 egg whites
6 oz broccoli

Casein

More to come tomorrow, I have some real info on why my show is being done, why I'm doing this, who I'm doing this for. Stay tuned.

J U S T I N
12-10-12, 4:06 pm
Update: Plowing through another 8oz and cup of brown rice dish as we speak... Time to hit the gym in an hour or so, I like opening up the week with a nice and heavy shoulder session, sets up the rest of my chest and back for the week.

Then its home to talk with the girl, egg whites and broccoli and casein. Here I come Pittsburgh NPC...

More indepth coverage here:
4matexp.blogspot.com

J U S T I N
12-12-12, 8:38 am
Yesterday(D-109):
3x9 incline skull crushers
3x9 flat skill crushers
3x9 decline skull crushers
4x12 triangle bar extensions
4x12 rope extensions
3x9 kick backs

3x9 dumbell curls
3x9 straight bar curls
2x12 reverse curls
3x6 concentration curls
2x12 hammer curls

4x8oz tilapia/chicken 1 cup brown rice
8xegg whites
3xwhole eggs
3/4 cup oats
torrent
another 8xegg whites
6oz broccoli

Already seeing the core clean up, staying vascular and feeling tighter every morning. Cut my hair and shaved my beard too, probably lost a pound just in that.

Today -
D-108

3/4 cut of oats, 2 scoops iso100
30 min cardio, eating my first tilapia / rice in 22 minutes, I feel starved. I havent really had any cravings for food/sleep yet, so i guess thats good. But it's still way too early to start worrying about that... FourtyEighty is making some headway as well, got a new logo design idea - its really shaping up. I have drill this weekend in Punxsutawney - that damn place has the densest fake ground hog population in the world - people have them on their porches even McDonalds has one out front.

Staying motivated....

J U S T I N
12-14-12, 8:32 am
D-106

Its been going well the last few days, eating a shit load and staying hungry - of course. Training has been kicking my ass tho, I need to keep the intensity up but find that balance between weight and reps that feel right with what I'm eating. When I train, I dont necessarily walk in with an EXACT plan. I have a plan, but the best plans are the ones that can be changed. Based on what I eat, how much sleep I've gotten, my mental state - I train to hit a certain level of intensity. Regardless of the weight, reps, ego - that shit is checked at the f/n door - I go in with an intensity goal rather than a rep/weight goal. Thats how I grow and change my body. Its growing season 24/7/365 for me, only show prep is more of a mental growth rather then brute physical size.

I need to find that balance each time in the gym to keep things intense.

Train hard, make perfection a habit - MoneyMentality.

J U S T I N
12-19-12, 9:57 am
Diet is on point - meal after meal pounded and washed down with some black coffee and water and Franks.

I just started using Vitargo, anyone ever use it before? I went off track from torrent as a PWO shake because of the sugar content, but Vitargo tastes just as good - I think and has 0g of sugar. That combined with Ultra Iso Whey and I'm golden.

Haven't cheated for a minute and hit every cardio session. I figure it only going to get harder, so if I can't handle it now I'm sure as hell not going to be able to closer to the competition.

Military update: Helmand Province, 2014 here I come. Most likely, at least.

Business update: Putting it on hold for the big changes for now, too much to worry about and not enough time for the things I really care about at this time - work, my girl, starting a family and my first competition. Life is still a huge brainstorming session for me though, so I'll definitely not lose inspiration.

J U S T I N
12-21-12, 11:22 am
D-99

99 days from of my first show - That's a lot of meals. That's a lot of cardio. That's a lot of temptation. That's a lot of this, that's a lot of that... blah blah blah. Thats all I have been hearing recently from people at work, friends - almost anyone I explain it to. "A lot" is a fuckin relative term. Of all people to understand that, we do. To me 99 days is just a marker to turn up the intensity and drive because now I'm in the double digits. This shit isn't for everyone but I love it. I love the stress of dieting, that immense soreness after blasting legs for 2 hours, 5am cardio sessions - I can't get enough of it all. Obsessed? nah, it's just my way of life now - wish I would have changed earlier.

I forget which article on here mentions the "Normals" but I really take it to heart. The "normals" do things a little differently than our kind. When I read that I agreed, but I didn't really see it as clear and as often as I do now. It's a lot different now that I notice all the little things thats I used to take for granted in the off season.

I keep telling myslef to stay hungry - I have to. Hungry for the feeling, the same meal over and over and over, hungry for that one more set of 20, my goals, my physique. If I don't, I'm normal.

J U S T I N
12-26-12, 1:29 pm
Happy Holidays everyone. Merry Christmas, Happy New Years... I love being with my family. This year I was with my girlfriend's family, it was great. They are all extremely supportive of my competition prep - training and diet included.

This is my first time spending any reasonable amount of time in Middletown, CT and I love it up here. I just need to find a decent un-commercialized gym to really make it like home in Pittsburgh.

Diet is still on point, supplements same time all day everyday, training still harder than anyone in the gym. 96 days out.

J U S T I N
01-02-13, 10:29 am
Fitness Factory 2 - best gym in town.

Chest Day, every Wednesday:

Flat BB Bench - 3 warm up, 3x8
Incline BB Bench - 1 warm up, 3x8
Flat DB Flyes - 1 warm up, 3x10
Incline DB Flyes - 1 warm up, 1x12, 3x8
Dips - 3 sets to failure
30min stepper

Current diet:

1-1 1/2 gal's of water per day
meal 1: 8 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, 3/4 cup oats - 7AM
meal 2: 1 cup cooked brown rice, 8oz chicken breast - 930AM
meal 3: 1 cup cooked brown rice, 8oz chicken breast - 12PM
meal 4: 1 cup cooked brown rice, 8oz chicken breast - 2PM
meal 5: 1 cup cooked brown rice, 8oz chicken breast - 4PM
GYM
meal 6: 2 scoops Ultra Iso Whey, 5g glutamine, Vitargo 50g carbs - 7PM
meal 7: Casein Pro or 8egg whites and 6oz broccoli - 930PM

Supps:
Animal Pak - 1 pack with first meal
Animal Rage - 35 min before workout

Uni Liver - 3 tabs for 3 meals a day
Beef Aminos - 2 tabs for 3 meals a day
Ultra Iso Whey - 2 scoops post workout
Vitargo - 1 1/2 scoops post workout
Universal Glutamine - 5g post workout

fun fact: During the first 12 days of prep I lost 11 lbs - 226 to 215.

J U S T I N
01-04-13, 9:54 am
1/3 - new PR for barbell squat, RAW - 405x4 at the fitness factory 2.

1/4

arms, abs, cardio

machine rope curls - 2 warmup, 3x12-8
seated alternating DB curls - 1 warm up, 3x9
straightbar curls - on heels, looking up - 3x9
machine preacher curls supersetted with concentration curls - 2x15 machine, 3x8 concentration
reverse straight bar curls supersetted with hammer curls - 2x15
seated wrist curls - 3x12
reverse wrist curls - 3x12

DB tri kickbacks - both arms at the same time - 3x9
triangle bar tri extension - 3x9
single arm rope extensions - 3x9
decline skull crushers - 3x8
flat skull crushers - 3x8
incline skull crushers - 3x8
diamond PU's to failure

30 min stepper

deanna7272
01-04-13, 10:13 am
Happy Holidays everyone. Merry Christmas, Happy New Years... I love being with my family. This year I was with my girlfriend's family, it was great. They are all extremely supportive of my competition prep - training and diet included.

This is my first time spending any reasonable amount of time in Middletown, CT and I love it up here. I just need to find a decent un-commercialized gym to really make it like home in Pittsburgh.

Diet is still on point, supplements same time all day everyday, training still harder than anyone in the gym. 96 days out.

Good stuff here... Glad that you survived the commercial gyms (lol) and the holidays... Prepping during the holidays is just, well, downright tough...lol.

Days are going quickly!!!! Woo hooo...

J U S T I N
01-05-13, 4:55 pm
posing practice and shoulders today.. went well.

Again, fitness factory 2, best gym in town.

Same good ol' diet and solid shoulder session, added 2 30 min cardio sessions per week - that puts me up to 8 sessions total.

Good thing I'm allowed to eat all damn day at my job...

J U S T I N
01-14-13, 9:02 am
update:

Training:

I'm up to 8 cardio sessions a week, 30 min each.

Sun: Cardio
Mon: Cardio, Back, Cardio
Tues: Chest, Cardio
Wed: Cardio, Arms, Cardio
Thurs: Legs
Fri: Cardio, Shoulders
Sat: Cardio, Abs

Diet:

Meal1: 8 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, 3/4 oats
Meal2: 1 cup brown rice, 8oz chicken
Meal3: 1 cup brown rice, 8oz chicken
Meal4: 1 cup brown rice, 8oz chicken
Meal5: 1 cup brown rice, 8oz chicken
Meal6: (weight training days only) 50g carbs worth vitargo, 2 scoops ultra iso whey, 5g glutamine
Meal7: 8 egg whites, 2 cups broccoli

Its all starting to catch up with me now, but I have taken the logical turn I think. The diet is on point, the training is hard and heavy, but my focus has slightly shitfed. Being my first competition, I, in a way, feel like I rushed into things. I had a while to think about whether or not I wanted to do it (about 6 months) so I didn't just jump in without looking at my options. I feel like I rushed because I didn't REALLY think of the most important thing - the main thing. I lost sight of my main thing, I didn't keep the main thing, the main thing.

My former commander at my PA NG unit, 856 En Co, gave me a book called Monday Morning Leadership by David Cottrell. He gave it to all of the 2LT's in the unit to learn about how to lead others and run a team; be a manager. It is about a stressed out financially unstable manager who rebuilds his staff based on the guidelines of a very successful business man. Essentially, a manager is what we all are to ourselves - just one person on the team, YOU. One chapter in the short but applicable book talked about "the main thing." It basically said in order to keep everyone on task and to essentially give them a reason, an incentive to do the things they do, make sure they understand the main thing - reason that they are there, why the company is there. For example, in my situation as a platoon leader, we do the things we do, train, train, train and train some more to stay alive. Simple. The main thing was, is and will always be in the military to stay alive. In the work place - make money, customer satisfaction... things of that sort.

In this game, life, my main thing is to be happy. My family and friends have been a huge help throughout my life this far and I can't thank them enough. Recently, my girlfriend as well. For myself though, bodybuilding has been the one thing which I keep turning to for relief - the gym is my sanctuary. My place in my head to call my own - no distractions, is me vs. me. My training is not to physically stay alive like the army, its to mentally stay alive. Bodybuilding makes me happy, that is why I do it. Its when I try to extend myself and let my other aspirations creep up on my main thing that I become unhappy. Eat - be happy. Train - be happy. Military training, leading and making a difference in other soldier's lives - be happy.

I have decided to delay the whole - starting a business thing - for a while because I was loosing sight of my main thing. Work, possible deployment to Afghanistan in 2014, family, girlfriend, competition... I'm busy enough. I know everyone normal person wants to be happy, but I'm not fucking normal. Happy doesnt cut it for me, I need to be the happiest. Not like fucking clowns and laughing and parties and cars and money and a bunch of fake ass friends and shit, I mean HAPPY. Satisfied, accomplished, fulfilled - the kinda shit people feel inside rather than trying to show everyone else how happy they are. I don't want to have to show it, I want people to see how effortlessly happy I am. 2013 will be my year, completely under my control, every second of everyday. My revised list of things to do to achieve my main thing:

Get engaged to my girl, eat cleaner longer, train harder and heavier and get 1st place in my first competition. Everything else is out of focus.

J U S T I N
01-16-13, 8:19 am
morning cardio was rough, almost fell asleep on the stepper. I'm starting to feel the effects of the flu, I think, I heard there is a state of emergency in the CT area, anyone affected by it? more info?

In other news - I forgot how nice it is to have a good spotter and a lifting partner who actually gives a shit as much as you do. so much more motivation and energy in the lifting rather than just going through the motions. Not that I was, but seeing the difference with another competitor - maybe I was to an extent. Heavy ass going through the motions, but nonetheless, a bit of complacency. Back on track, load up the rack.

J U S T I N
01-17-13, 9:59 am
Wednesday
split morning/evening cardio, 2 sessions

1 warmup, 4x12 straight bar curls - finished with 90 lbs
3 sets to failure of close grip flat bench - finished with 265x5
4x10 hammer curls - finished with 45 lbs
3x10 each - superset triangle/rope extensions - finished with 120/90 lbs
3x8 db preacher bench curls - finished with 35 lbs
3x10 decline skull crushers - finished with 95 lbs
3x10 concentration curls - finished with 25 lbs
3x10 overhead rope extension - finished with 100 lbs

J U S T I N
01-17-13, 4:56 pm
Legs tonight:

4x20 extensions - 4 plates
5 set pyramid leg press - 5-6 plates per side
4x20 squat - 185, 195, 205, 225
4x20 hack squat - 2 plates each side
6x15 curls - 4-5 plates
6x15 dumbbell SLDL's - 85's

J U S T I N
01-18-13, 8:25 am
Legs tonight:

4x20 extensions - 4 plates
5 set pyramid leg press - 5-6 plates per side
4x20 squat - 185, 195, 205, 225
4x20 hack squat - 2 plates each side
6x15 curls - 4-5 plates
5 (the 6 above was a typo) x15 dumbbell SLDL's - 85's

That was the plan, ended up being:

4x20 extensions - 4 plates, pauses every rep
5 set pyramid leg press - 360, 450, 540, 630, 720, 12 reps each
4x20 hack squat - 225, 225, 185, 225
4x20 squat - 185 all sets
6x15 curls - 2 plates
5x15 db sldl's - 65,65,50,50

Total: 465 reps

71 days until my comp. I'm trying to make it to the Arnold this year too, it will be my first - The Cage.

J U S T I N
01-18-13, 11:02 pm
New diet starts sunday:

For no weight training days:

meal 1: 1/2 cup oats dry, 8 egg whites
meal 2: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli
meal 3: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup brown cooked rice
meal 4: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli
meal 5: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli
meal 6: (training days only) 50g carbs vitargo, 2 scoops ultra iso whey
meal 7: 8 egg whites, 2 cups broccoli / casein shake

weight training days:

same as usual.

5 high carb, 2 low carb

30 min cardio morning/evening mon, tues, wed, fri, 45 min cardio sat and sun.

Things are heating up now... let the games begin. Back on track, load the rack.

J U S T I N
01-21-13, 9:23 am
Sat: moring cardio, 30 min, diet / supps on point.
Sunday: 45 min cardio, diet / supps on point.
Plan for today:

AM cardio, 30 min stepper, check.
Killin my second meal right now, chicken/rice, had cold ass eggs and oats this morning - check.

Back at 5PM

deads
rows
db rows
t bar
cable pull downs
chins
extensions

J U S T I N
01-21-13, 9:26 am
update:

Get engaged to my girl, eat cleaner longer, train harder and heavier and get 1st place in my first competition. Everything else is out of focus.

The engagment went well, she said yes. The rest is still in the works...

J U S T I N
01-22-13, 8:52 am
Sat: moring cardio, 30 min, diet / supps on point.
Sunday: 45 min cardio, diet / supps on point.
Plan for today:

AM cardio, 30 min stepper, check.
Killin my second meal right now, chicken/rice, had cold ass eggs and oats this morning - check.

Back at 5PM

deads
rows
db rows
t bar
cable pull downs
chins
extensions

ended up:
deads - rack pulls, up to 500x8 from the bottom of my knees raw
rows - 4x12 back parallel to ground 135 lbs raw
db rows - none
t bar - 6 plates for 8 raw
cable pull downs - 3x10-12, 195 lbs
chins - 3x8
extensions - none

plan for chest today:

flat DB bench
decline bench
incline flyes
decline flyes
pec deck
dips

knocked out cardio and calves this morning, nice and chilly too.

J U S T I N
01-23-13, 9:13 am
plan for chest today:

flat DB bench
decline bench
incline flyes
decline flyes
pec deck
dips

knocked out cardio and calves this morning, nice and chilly too.

Chest yesterday ended up:

decline bb bench 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x8 up to 315lbs
incline flyes 3x8 with 75 lbs, 1x10 50 lbs stretched
cable flyes - 1x12, 3x10 for 70 lbs
incline machine press - 1x10, 1x8, 1x8, to failure, to failure. 90-180 lbs
pec dec1x12, 3x8, 2x5 paused reps 200 lbs

plan for today arms:

paused rep close grip bench - pause about 2-3" above chest
paused rep single arm rope extensions
paused rep triangle bar extensions
paused rep flat bench skull crushers
paused rep kick backs

straight bar curls
paused rep spider curls
seated db curls
paused rep hang curls
hammer curls supersetted with reverse straight bar curls

My buddy asked me why what I actually lift is not exactly my plan... why I set goals and don't meet them. My questions to him is what does he think my goal is? A plan is exactly what it is - a plan. If theres one thing I have learned from the military - the best plan is a plan that is easily changed. I plan my workouts based on what I want to accomplish - intensity. If I get in the gym and feel like changing up flat bench for decline then okay - but I better change the rest of my workout to match those needs now. Hit every muscle from every angle possible, every week, all year.

My plans always change in the gym. I haven't done the exact same workout for any muscle group - ever. I do what I feel and what my body tells me I need to do to get and keep the intensity up. Keep my body guessing. If I don't match my plan exactly - its not that I didn't meet my goal, its that my plan changed to meet my goal.

Keepin on track, load up the rack.

ChickenandYams
01-23-13, 3:45 pm
looks like today is going to be a good day, well, except for our arms. Time to step it up again, this ain't no prom party. See ya soon brah.

J U S T I N
01-24-13, 12:52 pm
looks like today is going to be a good day, well, except for our arms. Time to step it up again, this ain't no prom party. See ya soon brah.

Went well, I'll recap later. Legs today - "That Dredded Day"... time to get thick as a brick.

J U S T I N
01-25-13, 3:54 pm
Chest yesterday ended up:

decline bb bench 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 1x8 up to 315lbs
incline flyes 3x8 with 75 lbs, 1x10 50 lbs stretched
cable flyes - 1x12, 3x10 for 70 lbs
incline machine press - 1x10, 1x8, 1x8, to failure, to failure. 90-180 lbs
pec dec1x12, 3x8, 2x5 paused reps 200 lbs

plan for today arms:

paused rep close grip bench - pause about 2-3" above chest
paused rep single arm rope extensions
paused rep triangle bar extensions
paused rep flat bench skull crushers
paused rep kick backs

straight bar curls
paused rep spider curls
seated db curls
paused rep hang curls
hammer curls supersetted with reverse straight bar curls

Keepin on track, load up the rack.

all paused reps done, added straight bar cheat curls and replaced seated DB curls with a rack run, 60 lbs and down, 4 reps each arm, no rest.
ChickenandYams made me not bitch out on skull crushers.

Went well, I'll recap later. Legs today - "That Dredded Day"... time to get thick as a brick.

had to cut it short for an interview, only did quads:

7 sets of squats, up to 345 for strong 8
super setted leg press and hack squat - 20 reps at 450lbs on sled and 10 reps up to 315 on hack. 4 rounds.
10, 10, 2, 20's on extensions, 2 rounds. 4 plates up and down, 3.5 plates up and down.

plan for tonight: delts, hams, cardio

side laterals
front raises
bent arm raises super setted with bent over reverse flyes
arnolds or hammer strength
smith press
shrugs

SLDL's
laying curls

30 min stepper depending on how calves feel

J U S T I N
01-28-13, 8:30 am
all paused reps done, added straight bar cheat curls and replaced seated DB curls with a rack run, 60 lbs and down, 4 reps each arm, no rest.
ChickenandYams made me not bitch out on skull crushers.

had to cut it short for an interview, only did quads:

7 sets of squats, up to 345 for strong 8
super setted leg press and hack squat - 20 reps at 450lbs on sled and 10 reps up to 315 on hack. 4 rounds.
10, 10, 2, 20's on extensions, 2 rounds. 4 plates up and down, 3.5 plates up and down.

plan for tonight: delts, hams, cardio

side laterals
front raises
bent arm raises super setted with bent over reverse flyes
arnolds or hammer strength
smith press
shrugs

SLDL's
laying curls

30 min stepper depending on how calves feel

actual: see above. hit the plan this time, that one seemed to fit me. Shoulders felt strong, nice and deep burns.

weekend: 45 min cardio, then abs sat, 45 min cardio then abs sunday. Sunday was good, I ran a couple of PT failures in my platoon into the ground. If I was sitting there doing cardio, they were there. Burpies, 8 count push ups, pull ups, sprints on the treadmill, iron mikes, monkey fuckers, hello dolly's, fire hydrants - all sorts of good exercises for 45 min straight. Fail PT in my platoon? You fail me. You fail me? - Shit rolls down hill.

plan for today:

CHEST

Decline BB bench
decline flyes
incline machine (Genes' machine) bench
incline flyes
Hammer strength
dips super setted with push downs

J U S T I N
01-31-13, 1:47 pm
CHEST

Decline BB bench
decline flyes
incline machine (Genes' machine) bench
incline flyes
Hammer strength
dips super setted with push downs

Monday for chest went pretty solid, hammered out the essentials: decline bb, incline db, flyes, push downs and ended with some cardio.

Tuesday for back was solid: deads, cable pull downs, hammer strength pull downs, cable low rows and extensions. And as usual, cardio.

Wed for arms: tri rope extension, close grip bench, incline skull crushers, single arm tri extensions, dips, seated DB curls, EZ bar curls, machine curls, concentration curls

Plan for legs today: 8 sets 20 reps extension, 5 sets leg press, 4 sets 20 BB squats, 4x20 hack squats, 6x15 leg curls, 5 sets 15 reps leg curls. This is one workout I do not deviate from, that plan is solid and will nto change.

J U S T I N
02-01-13, 8:24 am
Monday for chest went pretty solid, hammered out the essentials: decline bb, incline db, flyes, push downs and ended with some cardio.

Tuesday for back was solid: deads, cable pull downs, hammer strength pull downs, cable low rows and extensions. And as usual, cardio.

Wed for arms: tri rope extension, close grip bench, incline skull crushers, single arm tri extensions, dips, seated DB curls, EZ bar curls, machine curls, concentration curls

Plan for legs today: 8 sets 20 reps extension, 5 sets leg press, 4 sets 20 BB squats, 4x20 hack squats, 6x15 leg curls, 5 sets 15 reps leg curls. This is one workout I do not deviate from, that plan is solid and will not*** change.

Legs yesterday, nailed it. Feelin sore today, but I already knocked out some morning cardio and abs by now, shoulders this afternoon.

Plan:
8x20 lateral raises, 5 sets smith press, 4x20 seated overhead DB press, 4x20 front raises, 6x15 bent over reverse flyes, 5x15 arnolds, 6x15 shrugs
Thats 635 reps, time to finally make my delts GROW.

J U S T I N
02-04-13, 8:30 am
Legs yesterday, nailed it. Feelin sore today, but I already knocked out some morning cardio and abs by now, shoulders this afternoon.

Plan:
8x20 lateral raises, 5 sets smith press, 4x20 seated overhead DB press, 4x20 front raises, 6x15 bent over reverse flyes, 5x15 arnolds, 6x15 shrugs
Thats 635 reps, time to finally make my delts GROW.

ended up switching 2 sets of arnolds for 5 sets of 6 for paused wide grip pull ups. other than that, that was a hard shoulder workout for me, but it felt great.

Sunday was big news - added steak and started to carb cycle. 2 days low, 1 day high. Here's the new grub plan:

Low carb days:

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 1 cup of egg whites, 1/2 cup oats
Meal 2: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of broccoli
Meal 3: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of broccoli
Meal 4: 8 oz steak, 1 cup of broccoli
Meal 5: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of rice
Meal 6 (weight training days only): 2 scoops of whey, 1.5 scoops of vitargo
Meal 6/7: 1 cup of egg whites, 2 cups of broccoli or casein shake

High carb days:

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 1 cup of egg whites, 1/2 cup oats
Meal 2: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of rice
Meal 3: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of rice
Meal 4: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of rice
Meal 5: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of rice
Meal 6 (weight training days only): 2 scoops of whey, 1.5 scoops of vitargo
Meal 6/7: 1 cup of egg whites, 2 cups of broccoli or casein shake

My plan is to cut out all protein powders about 2-3 weeks out and concentrate on whole foods to really tighten up.

J U S T I N
02-04-13, 4:51 pm
Chest: "Stimulate, don'tannihilate." -Lee Haney

DB Pull overs
Incline BB bench
Flat DB flyes
Decline DB flyes
Pec Deck
Straight arm dip machine / pushups

J U S T I N
02-05-13, 9:17 am
Chest: "Stimulate, don't annihilate." -Lee Haney

DB Pull overs
Incline BB bench
Flat DB flyes
Decline DB flyes
Pec Deck
Straight arm dip machine / pushups

Feeling sore today from last night, which is a good sign. High carb day today - this means back. Now that I am past the halfway point, its all down hill from here (sort of). I'm hungrier than ever, feeling tired more often... yadda yadda yadda... I'm done complaining. All of the other competitors on here already have lived this many times... you all now what it feels like. This is a first for me, yeah it sucks, but I'm keeping a few things and people in mind to help me through it. 7 weeks and 4 days, this is now the time to do fine tune training/diet/livin... the usual sections. I'm thinking more in detail than I ever had... I'm learning a lot about myself which out-weighs all of the "less than pleasing" aspects of the whole prep.

Back:

Parallel BB rows
T-bar rows
Cable pull downs / pullups
cable low rows
Deadlifts
Extensions

J U S T I N
02-11-13, 8:23 am
Another week, 48 days away.

Stack:

Pump - 45 min prior to weight training
Cuts - 545-6 AM, then 12,12:30 PM
Nitro - immediately before workout
Pak - with first carb meal
PM - right before bed, 30 min at least after last meal
Rage - 20 min prior to workout

Casein Pro, UN ISO sensation (I usually stick with ultra iso whey, but I got a tub of it got $60 bucks at 30g/scoop and I couldnt pass it up), Vitargo

Still carb cycling, 2 low 1 high. High days are back and legs, low days are everything else and my second carb meal is my pre workout meal.

Visit from the fiance this weekend for Valentines day, 3 high carb days this week and re fill on supps. It should be a good week and end even better.

J U S T I N
02-12-13, 9:17 am
Back yesterday:
Rack pulls (just below the knee cap, no wraps)
135 x 12
225 x 10
315 x 8
405 x 8
455 x 6
495 x 3
545 x 3
600 x 1

BB rows
225 x 3 x 12

DB rows
130's x 2 x 6
150's x 2 x 6

Pullups
3x10

Hammer Strength machine pulldowns
3 plates each side, 1 x 10, 2 x 12

Chest today

J U S T I N
02-19-13, 9:05 am
New favorite meal thanks to my fiance:

1 scoop vanilla casein pro
1 scoop chocolate brownie elite casein
2 tsp cinnamon
just enough water to make a pudding out of it
1/2 tbsp of sugar free caramel coffee creamer

FREEZE til rock hard, then 20 seconds in the microwave. Greatest meal before bed I've ever had

J U S T I N
02-19-13, 9:08 am
New split (subject to change a lot):

Monday: Chest abs cardio 1/2 delts
Tuesday: Quads calves
Wednesday: back hams cardio
Thursday: delts abs cardio
Friday: bi's tris cardio
Saturday: abs 1/2 hams cardio
Sunday: cardio

Still 2 low carb days, 1 high carb day - 5 weeks and 5 days away.

J U S T I N
02-21-13, 8:57 am
Back:

Tbar rows 2 plates for 12, 4 plates for 8, 5 plates for 6, 6 plates for 8+4 half reps
BB rows - 135 x 8, 225 x 12 x 2
Dead rows - 275, 2 sets of 6
Cable low rows - 210 for 3x8
wide grip pull ups - 4x8

J U S T I N
02-26-13, 10:36 am
Made some big life gains over the weekend... I got a lot of stress off of my plate now. The new introduction to life begins March 30th, and Chapter 1 starts April 4th.

Chest and tri's yesterday, low carb, Cardio twice. Tonight's plan: high carb day so legs it is.

10 10 2 20 extensions x 2
Smith machine single leg lunges 3 x 10
flared stance leg press 3 x 10
barbell squat 3 x 10, paused reps

Ham string curls 5 x 15
SLDL's 3 x 10

J U S T I N
02-28-13, 1:23 pm
splitting up arms this week, chest and tri's and back and bi's. ususally I do a full day with only arms, but i'm givin them a "rest" before the contest so i can really rip into them

Delts / cardio / posing tonight, will update workout after. I'm starving for some food... down 30 lbs tho in 11.5 weeks.

J U S T I N
03-05-13, 10:34 am
My building blocks:

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd426/Justin_Gee/Cage2013/IMG_6657.jpg

I feel better this week, especially after getting my posing trunks and getting out of the mob crowd at the Arnold. The Cage was awesome.

Back last night, hit it pretty hard.

Current diet:
3 low carbs, 1 high, repeat.

Split:
45 min cardio on an empty stomach 7 days a week first thing, another 45 min on off days.
still lifting as heavy as I can, loosing strength tho. 25 days out.

J U S T I N
03-07-13, 8:47 am
did my hour and half of cardio yesterday, was the first one in the gym because the "snow was bad..." felt like eating a cow last night I was so hungry. The hunger is a good sign - high metabolism, but WOW is it getting intense now. The joints (knees and ankles) are starting to hurt now, woke me up a few times last night and was nice and stiff this morning.

45 min cardio today - done, 1/2 cup of oats, 1 egg and a cup of egg whites, a cup of black coffee, 1 pak and 5 uni livers downed in about 2 and a half minutes flat. time to wait for the next meal in 2 hours, delts after work.

I'm not a fan of tanning... haha.

J U S T I N
03-08-13, 2:54 pm
resigned from my job in Pittsburgh, did a little extra cardio this morning, and arm day for after work. On point with my diet today.

arms: bi's and tris massacre, tanning and posing time after. delts yesterday, current weight: 196.4, starting weight 226.

I set PR's during my contest prep. in and out of the gym.

J U S T I N
03-15-13, 8:59 am
15 days away from my contest. The past 14 weeks have been hard, but only 2 left.

Cycling 3 low, 1 high carb days, 45min of cardio every morning, non training days an extra 45 min in the afternoon as well. ready to carb up for the show, move to CT, and start my new job. I need a new gym up there, looking at metal health gym in wallingford, thanks to my finace for finding it for us.

Did a tired quad session yesterday:
7x16-20 extensions
3x8+8 leg press
4x8 paused rep squats
3x8 single leg smith lunges
1x20 SLDL's

Today:
fire up arms and hams and pose and tan

J U S T I N
03-18-13, 9:28 am
Cardioa loto vert hew eekenda nde ndedu ph ittings houldersl astn ightt oo.

12 days away, all protein supps cut out completely, ready for depletion workouts and carb depletion diets and prepping for the carb load then its show time.

Pose Pose Pose... Squeeze Squeeze Squeeze

off day today - I need it, just some cardio and abs tonight and some tanning.

J U S T I N
04-22-13, 10:30 am
Somewhat of a delayed response:

The contest was unlike anything I have ever done - the 16 week prep, all the dieting, cardio, training, cooking, sacrificing things - it all really brought out the best and worst in me as a person. I give credit to my fiance for stickin it out with me, I turned into an ass hole at times.

Originally, I was planning on synchronizing my prep with a business development idea, but instead I ended up synchronizing my prep with a job search. The prep and resume building and networking landed me a 2nd place finish in the mens novice light heavy and 4th place finish in the mens open bb light heavy and a MUCH better paying engineering job and a new home in CT with my fiance. The business was a push, but I really did some work and made some major changes over the past 5-6 months.

The contest was rather simple in my eyes and seemed very unorganized for the first timer. I'm sure if this had been my 2,3,4.. show I would have been a little more comfortable, but there's always that hesitation the first go around. My trainer and my fiance did all of the backstage prep (meals, bands, "hot stuff" oil, tan...) for the pre judging and then it was just my finace for the finals. My color was very smooth, even and definitely dark enough without looking like a shiny black white guy. She did great with the 4 coats of tan total the day or so before the contest.

The next time (whenever that may be) I do this I am going to watch my sodium levels closer to the show, I looked at little flat I think up on stage compared to how I looked a few days prior. I also want to work more on my routine again, maybe come up with something a lot more technical.

Bulking up now, I weighed in at 194 ( I think somewhere right around there) and I am about 210-215 23 days later with abs still showing.

dozen eggs, 2 cups oats, rice, red meat, chili, fish, peanut butter, milk, ezekiel bread, cottage cheese, cereal, lunch meat, pizza, occasional ice cream treats... how I have missed you all.
Current training program: Lane Norton's P.H.A.T. - seems to be working well for me, I'm VERY sore, but I recover rather quicky.

Supps: pak, stak, omega, flex, casein, whey, creatine

J U S T I N
07-22-13, 11:11 am
I am starting a new diet to pack on a few extrs lbs of muscle. This is a basic structure, always room for "improvement" during the bulk.

Supps:
Pak
rage
creatine

Food:
1. 6 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, milk

2. about 8-10 oz of chicken breasts, 8-10 oz red skin potatoes, 1-2 cups of broc, green beans or some veggie

3. same ^

4. 55g whey shake, 1/2 cup oats

TRAIN

5. Torrent with whey

6. Dinner - 75 protein, 75 carbs - something logical (steak, fish, roast, stew, potatoes rice - the basics)

7. cup of cottage cheese mixed with casein, pb, honey and milk

see what this does - cardio maybe 1-3 times a week for 15-20 minutes to keep something a float (military req's, PT test) I'm hovering around 218-220 right now.

J U S T I N
08-05-13, 9:45 am
This has been working for me: (slight changes to the above ^^^)

6 whole eggs, 1/ cup of oatmeal, banana and 20 oz skim milk

8 oz chicken, 1 cup brown rice

8 oz chicken, 1 cup brown rice

1/2 cup dry oats, 1 scoops whey, water

12 oz OJ with rage (PreWorkout)

8oz skim milk, 2 handfulls of blueberries, 1 scoop whey, 1/4 cup oats, 1 scoop torrent (PostWorkout)

2 90/10 beef patties, 2 pcs of cheese, and 4 whole eggs with 20 oz skim milk

1 scoop of casein, water if im still a little hungry

Supps: Pak, whey

J U S T I N
08-08-13, 2:08 pm
Animal is the best, just won a can of Pak for the 30 years of power promo - awesome, love this company.

Rest day today, much needed after am cardio and an evening legs session yesterday. I am looking into timed carb cycling - 5 low, 2 high. I am going to go 2 weeks on the diet I am now - the above on high carb days and a low carb day close to what I was doing in my show prep then on to TCC. There is an article floating around on the forvm about it, I think Iron Addict wrote it - I'm going to give that a whirl.

By the way, FourtyEighty has begun.

J U S T I N
08-14-13, 9:48 am
The IronAddict timed carb cycling article has helped me tremendously - I am leaning out nicely and keeping my strength where it was. I've added some cardio back in routinely and really honed in the diet - so that lends some blame to the leaning out. Carb up days are going to be Friday and Saturday - lean steaks, lean burgers, ezekiel bread, oats and maybe a bowl of cereal after legs.

5 and 2 may be a little much for me based on how I feel, I am going to start off at 3 and 2 and work my way up there.

J U S T I N
08-23-13, 10:21 am
Back to the gym today. I took a week off, what better way to jumpstart the next 8 weeks of growth with a nasty leg session.

J U S T I N
09-11-13, 2:42 pm
Straightened out the diet and things after traveling for work and also picked up the Smolov super squat schedule - 3rd day and pretty sore (duh) and I'm getting hungrier every hour now, the metabolism is picking up slightly I think.

By the way, 12th anniversary of 9/11. Always remember.

J U S T I N
09-12-13, 8:33 am
PR: 320lbs for 9 reps flat bench. thank you smolov and carbs

J U S T I N
09-16-13, 11:29 am
This started off as a contest journey. Now it is turning into a log of multiple contest "journey"s. I have been surprising myself recently - I'm eating more and have been the most consistent with my meals since I got into the iron game. I'm moving more weight, keeping definition, tipping the scales and needing new (bigger) clothes for all of the right reasons. Snap shot:

12/8/2012
--------------
BW: 226 lbs (Top two abs showing)
--------------
PR's:
Squat: 315 lbs x 6, belt only
Bench: 275 lbs x 8
DL: 405 lbs x 1, belt, wraps

9/13/2013
--------------
BW: 225 lbs (top 4 abs, partial obliques showing)
--------------
PR's:
Squat: 405 lbs x 3, belt only best since Feb2013, haven't max'd since. On smolov, looking for a first max around 450 lbs +/- on Oct 18th
Bench: 320 lbs x 9
DL: 435 lbs x 4 + 1 partial, belt only
1 NPC Bodybuilding contest (March 30, 2013) - 2nd in novice light heavy and 4th in men's open light heavy weighed in at 192BW
1 ABC event, met Ox.

Not a bad 10 months, I guess.

Also in that time: moved from Pittsburgh, PA to Middletown, CT, got a new (higher $$) mechanical engineering job, got engaged, set a date, put an offer in on a house.

The iron and the FORVM have been there every step of the way, always by my side, next to my friends and family. Looking back thus far, it was the bad days that led me to where I am today, dedication and hard work fuckin pays off. It means so much more when you experience it, compared to reading it and saying, "yeah, I know."

J U S T I N
09-18-13, 6:11 am
sticking tight with Smolov... haven't missed a rep yet. Its definitely a demanding training schedule with all of the squatting - its been kinda hard for me to balance the rest of my lifts. I have added some extra red meat and brown rice and a shake into the diet to keep from getting too tired to hit the other muscle groups

J U S T I N
09-19-13, 7:56 am
Took the day off yesterday, used it to refuel:

6 whole eggs, carton of egg whites and 1 cup of oats

real gains shake with 2%

7 oz top round, 1/2 black beans broccoli

7 oz top round, 1/2 black beans broccoli

6 waffles with sugar free syrup with a cup of cottage cheese

2 90/10 burgers on ezekiel bread with cheese

3 builder clif bars before bed

Feeling full and strong today, squats and a shoulder session should go smoothly today.

J U S T I N
09-19-13, 8:38 pm
attempting the infamous 405 tomorrow on flat bench at the montinari bro's powerhouse. it will be monumental.

J U S T I N
09-20-13, 6:17 pm
attempting the infamous 405 tomorrow on flat bench at the montinari bro's powerhouse. it will be monumental.

just watched the cage vid twice.

Leavin now for the powerhouse.

J U S T I N
09-23-13, 11:55 am
I think Fred Durst said it best - "Its just one of those days."

Well it was for me... Friday I had a shitty day at work, slept like crap the night before, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from reaching my goal on bench that night. Got home, watched the cage vid a few times got fired up and left - realized I lost my phone. I spent a while looking for it, it ended up being too late to go to the gym so I went to the grocery store, but some food, went home, ate and reset.

After a good night sleep, I went down to the Powerhouse on Sat the 21st and there was a powerlifting match going on, not to mention the Ferrari 458 Italia out front. It was my first time at a PL meet - I loved it. There were some strong ass guys there all fired up (reminded me of the Arnold this past year) music blasting, a perfect time for me to attempt my goal of 405. I worked my way up through the weights - 225, 315, 335, 365, 385, I tried 405 and got stuck about a 1/2" off my chest. My goal was 405, but I hit 385 nice and smooth. I'm very pleased with it, but I know I still have some work to do.

Maybe loosing my phone was a sign... I got to go to a PL match and see/learn some good stuff and gauged my progress to the 400lb bench.

J U S T I N
09-24-13, 2:07 pm
Smolov squats tonight (day 2 of base microcycle), shoulders how I do best and more bouts of feeding on gratuitous amount of food. Stay tuned.

J U S T I N
09-26-13, 2:54 pm
9/24:
5x7 at 305 for squats - went up easy, felt strong. Then:

OH BB press - 185lb x 3 x 8 working sets
Super wide grip (pinky's touching the collars) standing overhead presses - 95lb x 3 x 8 working sets
OH DB press - 90lb x 2 x 8
lateral machine raises, added resistance on negative of motion - 100lb for 3 sets to failure
DB side paused raises - 40lb x 8, 50lb x 8, 55 x 10
DB front raises - 35lb x 3 x 10
BB shrug paused - 4 plates x 20, 6 plates x 12, 8 plates x 10

9/25:
Back, cardio:
2 x 10 BW wide grip pull ups
BB rows - 315 x 6, 225 x 10, 135 x 15
DB rows - 150 x 6
rack pulls - worked up to 500 x 6 with wraps, working for speed
wide grip pull downs - 100 x 12, 150 x 10, 200 x 8, 100 x 12
iso machine pull downs - 4 plates x 8, 3 plates x 12, 2 plates x 12
20 min cardio

J U S T I N
10-03-13, 7:41 am
Incline DB Press
65 x 10
100 x 10
110 x 8
120 x 3
130 x 10

Incline DB Flyes
40 x 5 negatives + close grip presses x 10

Incline BB Press
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 8
255 x 6
135 x 25 close grip as fast as I could - really burned the top center of my chest

Decline BB Press
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 5 (my chest was fried)

Cable Flyes
40 x 25
55 x 10
70 x 12
60 x 20

15 min arc trainer, 8 incline, 22 resistance

J U S T I N
10-08-13, 6:03 pm
BB Squat:
135 x 1 x 5
225 x 1 x 5
275 x 1 x 5
325 x 5 x 7

Arms:
superset
4 x 10 decline EZ bar close grip Skull Crushers 2 x 60, 2 x 110
4 x 10 straight bar curls 2 x 50, 2 x 90

Flat BB Close Grip bench
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 10
255 x 6
275 x 6
135 x 25

DB Standing curls
30 x 10
35 x 10
40 x 10
45 x 10
50 x 6
30 x 15

Machine Preacher curls (Plate loaded):
45 x 10
90 x 10
135 x 10
90 x 8
70 x 8
45 x 6 each arm
45 x 12 both arms

Concentration Curls:
25 lbs 6 x 7 each arm

Triangle Bar close grip extensions:
1 x 15 x 50
2 x 16 x 100 - 8 elbows flaired out, 8 elbows tucked in and to the front
1 x 16 x 120 - ""

Close grip diamond pushups:
3 x 100

Superset:
Over head seated DB extensions
3 x 15 x 100
DB kick backs:
3 x 10 x 15 - 5 with palms down, 5 palms up 1 sec pause at top of rep

Wow was I tired after that. Great pump though, definitely a solid gym session.

J U S T I N
10-18-13, 9:31 am
Arms 10/14:
Pullups 3 x 8
Diamond PU’s 3 x 100

Decline Skull Crushers up to 110 x 2 x 10
Standing EZ Bar curls 70 - 80 x 4 x 8

Incline Skull Crushers - laid back deep 70 lb straight bar 3 x 15
Incline DB Curls - 30's 3 x 6 each arm slow

Triangle Bar Extensions - 4 x 12 6 elbows flared out, 6 tight close
SB Cable Curls - 4 x 10 120

Rope Extensions 4 x 10 120

DB Kick Backs - 3 x 8 x 30's
Machine Curls - Drop set no rest - 100,90,80,70,45 10 reps each

Concentration Curls - 30's 5 x 7

Chest: 10/15
Incline DB Bench up to 125's for 2 x 10 SS'ed with incline flyes - 3 sec negatives stretched as far as I can go without dropping the weights
Incline close grip BB Bench - 135 x 20 x 4
Decline Hammer strength machine - 4 plates each side 3 x 12
weighted Dips SS'ed with Cable flyes - 2 1/2 plates, 80 lbs

Legs: 10/16
Lying hamstring curls - 120 x 5 x 20
Sanding hamstring curls - 70 x 4 x 20 each leg
Leg Press - feet high and tight - (each side) 5 plates, 6 plates, 7 plates, 8 plates all 20 reps each
Hack squat - 4 x 16 ass to grass (these suck so much haha) 2 1/2 plates
Leg extension - 5 sets of the "golden eagle reps"
BB squat - 4 x 12 ass to grass 135 lbs - heels up on 2 1/2's to get lower (my ankles don't like to bend that much)

Back: 10/17
Wide grip cable pull downs
100 x 12
120 x 12
140 x 12
160 x 10

Close grip pull downs
80 x 8
90 x 8
100 x 8
120 x 8
80 x 16

DB Rows
100 x 2 x 10
150 x 2 x 10

Isolated single arm pull downs
60 x 10
50 x 10
40 x 8

BB Rows from the ground
135 x 12
225 x 10
275 x 8
turned into deadlifts off of 3" platform
275 x 3 no wraps no belt
325 x 1 no wraps no belt
375 x 1 no wraps no belt
425 x 1 no wraps no belt
450 x 1 1/2 no wraps no belt (PR)
325 x 1
rows with 225 x 2 x 6

felt great. my deadlift has definitely increased since i started squatting like its my job.

J U S T I N
11-02-13, 8:05 pm
adopted a new leg routine - its a combination of smolov and my own high rep days.

I squat 4x a week, monday, wednesday, friday saturday. 4x9, 5x7, 7x5 and 10x3 then the following week i do 1 day with all the other movements at high reps and low weight. I alternate the weeks so i get a good touch of weight and reps to keep the intensity high. I'm up to 385 x 10 x 3 ( ive hit 405 for 1 set of 3 before, so this is a huge improvement on stamina for me and also added 1 1/2" on each of my thighs in approx. 8-9 weeks.

got some fat gripz, new clamp belt, knee and wrist wraps, pak and flex this past week, so I'm ready to hit it all hard.

fourtyeighty is still in the works too, ordered some proto tank tops and have 5 clothing lines to hit the market with. Universal / Animal have been my biggest influence - we are all the example of brand loyalty - there is no other brand I've seen that has this many quality fans/users/proof that have the determination to better themselves and those around them. Glad to be a part of it and input my own experiences on here from my road to my future shows and business endeavors.

J U S T I N
11-06-13, 10:36 am
Monday 11/4: Back
BB Rows
135 x 15
185 x 10
225 x 2 x 8

3" box deadlifts - no wraps
225 x 10
315 x 8
365 x 2 x 4
415 x 2
465 x 1 (PR, went up very smoothly, locked out)

Close Grip cable Pull downs
120 x 12
140 x 12
160 x 12
180 x 10, 120 x 17 (drop Set)

Wide grip Scapulae stretch
140 x 3 x 10

DB Rows
100 x 10
150 x 2 x 8

Meadows Rows
45 plate x 12
70 x 10
90 x 10
115 x 8

Machine Shrugs
360 x 3 x 12, paused

20 min cardio

Tuesday 11/5: Arms

This workout was abbreviated due to a training meeting with my national guard unit

Close grip bench
135 x 16
185 x 8
235 x 8
275 x 8, 225 x 8, 135 x 14 (Drop set)

Straight bar curls with fat gripz
65 x 12
85 x 4 x 12, 15 sec rest in between

Skull crushers
90 x 4 x 10, incline bench stretched as far back as i can , straight bar

Alternating DB curls with fat gripz
35 x 4 x 12

Triangle bar cable extensions with fat gripz
150 x 4 x 16 (8 elbows in, 8 elbows out)

Preacher Curl machine
45 x 12
90 x 10
115 x 8
70 x 12
45 each arm x 8, 45 both arms x 16 drop set

fat gripz are amazing.

J U S T I N
11-07-13, 5:55 am
11/6 - high rep leg day

Lying Leg curls
100 x 20
120 x 20
130 x 20
120 x 20
110 x 20

standing leg curls
60 x 2 x 16
60 x 2 x 12

SLDL's - off of 3" platform, no belt
135 x 4 x 20

Leg press
4 plates(each side) x 20
5 plates " " x 20
6 plates x 20
7 plates x 20
8 plates x 20
9 plates x 12, 8
10 plates x 10, 4, 4, 2 - feet close and high

BB Squat - heels on 5's to achieve ass to grass
135 x 3 x 15
225 x 3 x 5 - paused exploded reps

Leg extensions
Golden Eagle style
120 x x i don't even remember, had to use my arms to get off the bench tho.

J U S T I N
11-07-13, 6:35 pm
did a few sets on flat bench to get the blood flowing, and some decline hammer strength - 225 rep'd to prep for this weekend's chest / shoulder demolishing.

bi's
DB hammer curls - 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 all sets of 10 each arm

SB Curls
70 x 7 x 7

Concentration Curls - bent over
30 x 3 x 8 paused and squeezed

cable curls
80 x 5 x 16

standing calf raise ss'd with body weight calf raises
160 x 10 x 12
BW x 10 x 12

20 min arc trainer cardio, 30 res 5 incline

easy workout, felt good though to have a lighter day. I have a PT test next week so no legs next week, just running - not my usual cup of tea, but none the less, in the long run its all beneficial.

J U S T I N
11-11-13, 2:48 pm
11/8 - Chest
Flat bench
315 x 3 x 6,5,4
185 x 3 x 10 with fat gripz
135 x 2 x 10 with fat gripz

semi-incline DB press
90 x 3 x 16

Incline DB flyes
35 x 3 x 16

Decline Hammer Strength
4 plates x 8
3 plates x 10
2 plates x 16

Cable Flyes
80 x 12
70 x 12
60 x 16
50 x 20

11/9 - squat / shoulders - at Montanari Bro's Powerhouse
335 x 4 x 9 BB squat

behind head mil press
135 x 4 x 16

DB seated press
55 x 3 x 16

side lateral raise machine
70? i think, not sure what it was on, felt good though x 4 x 12 ss'ed with

bent arm side later raise machine
100 x 3 x 12 half reps

DB side raises
45 x 3 x 8

DB rear raises - mountain dog swing
55 x 60
30 x 30
15x 30

J U S T I N
11-13-13, 8:44 pm
Conventional BB Deadlifts, no wraps just belt
135 x 6
225 x 4
315 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 1
495 x 1 PR
515 x 1 PR
525 x 1 PR
405 x 4 drop set
315 x 8 drop set

BB Rows, no wraps, just belt
225 x 8 x 5

Wide grip cable pull downs
160 x 3 x 8

Close grip cable pull downs
140 x 3 x 12

Iso Hammer Strength
2 plates x 3 x 12

J U S T I N
11-18-13, 7:44 am
The CT National Guard has been taking up all of my time. I will be back to it strong this week -more to come. Smolov squats - mon,wed,fri,sat or tues,thurs,sat,sun topping out at 405 this week. no bitchin, push the weight. Took the APFT over the weekend, passed the run by 2 seconds - I'm happy since it was coming off a week of a DL pr.

money mentality, I'm getting more comfortable with being uncomfortable.

J U S T I N
01-10-14, 2:03 pm
I've been a lazy ass in regards to the forvm recently, but I'm back to it.

All of my workouts / meals are logged since the new year and I am pushing some big weight in regards to 2013. (365, 425, 405x3 on avg)

The last quarter of 2013 has been proven to be a big help:

Flat Bench: 385 raw
Dead Lift: 545 with belt only
Barbell Squat: never maxed 1 rep, but my current is 455 x 8 with knee wraps and a belt.

My current focus is crush my legs and then when I'm done, eat rest and repeat. My emphasis on my upper body will be my delts and upper pecs. I'm sitting at 235 lbs with some mid-upper abs and obliques showing.

J U S T I N
01-24-14, 11:30 am
The FORVM is full of wealth both physical and mental. I'm not stating anything new here, but every once in a while I damn light bulb goes off after reading stuff on here. I only hope to someday even pull a fraction of the information on here and put it to use... Can't get enough...

J U S T I N
09-22-14, 2:28 pm
It has been a while guys...

I haven't posted regularly on here for some time, but my progress has not stopped. Looking to get back on stage at some point in the next year or two. Within the next 6 months, I will be married, moving into a house and seeing my fiance off for a year long deployment to Guantanamo Bay. I have some larger than life life changes coming up, but I know the iron and the FORVM will always be there for me through it all. I love this place.

J U S T I N
06-07-15, 5:02 am
Being deployed to Afghanistan right now I thank my wife for sending me this:

“The wolf is a gamer… down for anything at anytime, he is always up to the task. No challenge is insurmountable to the wolf--he lives for the curveballs life throws and blasts them into the upper deck. He would give the shirt off his back for a friend in need and can always be relied upon when the shit hits the fan. The high road is his only trail. He finds the positive in the negative and is a beacon of hope in the darkest hours. When the chips are down, the wolf comes up huge.

The wolf is a leader, the one to look to for guidance and strength. His goals are clearly defined and seemingly always within reach. He is the architect of all things possible. Able to think outside the box and blaze his own trail casting aside the doubts of the skeptics and the naysayers, the wolf wins big in the end because he rolls the dice and takes the risk when the next man is too scared to ante up. Standing out in any crowd he finds himself in, the wolf is a general in a world of grunts.”