PDA

View Full Version : Home is Where The Cage is....

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
12-07-12, 4:44 pm
After returning from the Olympia, I trained all out for a few weeks only to hurt my shoulder and side lined for the last few weeks. I've had a lot of free time on my hands to sit and reflect/contemplate my experiences over the past few years and the things I hope to achieve in the future. As I looked back over my experiences in bodybuilding(all of which were made possibe by Animal/Universal), one thing really stuck out to me. The Cage is like home to me, and I'm sure a lot of other people feel that way. Over the years, a few things here and there have changed, but in essence The Cage is The Cage. As I walk into the expo hall, I look up for the massive Animal "A" hovering over the mob of people. As I make my way there, I speak to friends and associates at other booths, but my destination is set.. The Cage. When I catch my first glimpse of The Cage itself(in the most literal sense), I can feel my heart start pounding. As I approach the chain link walls filled with iron and beat up lockers, I hear Vinny Galanti's voice ring out over the loudspeaker. The official MC of The Cage for years, his voice and antics are familiar to all. When he sees me approaching the entrance of The Cage, he belts out - "THE Chase Browning in the house." My fellow Animals turn to greet me. A hug and an innappropriate joke or stab from Grant "HigaMonster" Higa... The stereotypical bodybuilder arm lock from naturalguy... Some philosophical hip-hop jibberish from G-Diesel... Among many other greetings, making me feel so at home.... Over the weekend, I see so many interactions. From CCoronato pal'in around with old friends who still remember him as TreeTrunkLegs, to all of the ladies flocking to Wrath. Vin counting reps and poking fun in the bench your bodyweight competition. Wycked eating constantly. GDiesel and NG scrambling to keeps things running smoothly. Higa introducing me to everyone he knows and making me feel like part of his family. The effortless antics of the crew as a whole.. it just flows.. jokes, fun, talk of problems and triumphs, struggles, strife, a smack on the face before a big lift followed by a pat on the back afterwards.. This is Animal.... To me, part of the appeal of The Cage is that every year its the same familiar faces. As a long time fan and an intern for the last 3 years or so, I obviously know the crew, but thats the thing.. Any fan or expo-goer can walk into The Cage and recognize a few faces. I seriously doubt there are many other booths where returning customers can come and have the personal experience of talking to the same people and being greeting with the same genuine hospitality year in and year out. The same goes for the Train with an Animal opportunities. Every year people flock to the FORVM to sign up to train with their favorite Animal. Some are lucky enough to say, "Last year I trained legs with The House, this year I hope to train shoulders with CCoronato." This completes the family atmosphere. To share a workout and a meal with the likes of Ox, House, Vinny, CCoronato, Wycked, JDawg, Aggression, NG, G, Higa, Seath to name a few.. Even the Universal guys jump in from time to time, AV, Brad Rowe, Nick Lepore, Landry, Halladay... once in a life time opportunities that Animal makes happen every year. As all of the other companies are looking for the next big thing or chasing change, I'm glad that Animal sits on its roots. Good people. I know this isn't very structured and kind of random, but this aspect of Animal has been weighing on my mind. I just wanted to let you guys know that old school works, and we appreciate Animal staying true to itself. The people- marketing team/athletes/staff/fans are what make Animal amazing. That being said.. I CANT WAIT FOR THE CAGE IN 2013!!!!!!!!!

HIGA MONSTER
12-07-12, 6:19 pm
After returning from the Olympia, I trained all out for a few weeks only to hurt my shoulder and side lined for the last few weeks. I've had a lot of free time on my hands to sit and reflect/contemplate my experiences over the past few years and the things I hope to achieve in the future. As I looked back over my experiences in bodybuilding(all of which were made possibe by Animal/Universal), one thing really stuck out to me. The Cage is like home to me, and I'm sure a lot of other people feel that way. Over the years, a few things here and there have changed, but in essence The Cage is The Cage. As I walk into the expo hall, I look up for the massive Animal "A" hovering over the mob of people. As I make my way there, I speak to friends and associates at other booths, but my destination is set.. The Cage. When I catch my first glimpse of The Cage itself(in the most literal sense), I can feel my heart start pounding. As I approach the chain link walls filled with iron and beat up lockers, I hear Vinny Galanti's voice ring out over the loudspeaker. The official MC of The Cage for years, his voice and antics are familiar to all. When he sees me approaching the entrance of The Cage, he belts out - "THE Chase Browning in the house." My fellow Animals turn to greet me. A hug and an innappropriate joke or stab from Grant "HigaMonster" Higa... The stereotypical bodybuilder arm lock from naturalguy... Some philosophical hip-hop jibberish from G-Diesel... Among many other greetings, making me feel so at home.... Over the weekend, I see so many interactions. From CCoronato pal'in around with old friends who still remember him as TreeTrunkLegs, to all of the ladies flocking to Wrath. Vin counting reps and poking fun in the bench your bodyweight competition. Wycked eating constantly. GDiesel and NG scrambling to keeps things running smoothly. Higa introducing me to everyone he knows and making me feel like part of his family. The effortless antics of the crew as a whole.. it just flows.. jokes, fun, talk of problems and triumphs, struggles, strife, a smack on the face before a big lift followed by a pat on the back afterwards.. This is Animal.... To me, part of the appeal of The Cage is that every year its the same familiar faces. As a long time fan and an intern for the last 3 years or so, I obviously know the crew, but thats the thing.. Any fan or expo-goer can walk into The Cage and recognize a few faces. I seriously doubt there are many other booths where returning customers can come and have the personal experience of talking to the same people and being greeting with the same genuine hospitality year in and year out. The same goes for the Train with an Animal opportunities. Every year people flock to the FORVM to sign up to train with their favorite Animal. Some are lucky enough to say, "Last year I trained legs with The House, this year I hope to train shoulders with CCoronato." This completes the family atmosphere. To share a workout and a meal with the likes of Ox, House, Vinny, CCoronato, Wycked, JDawg, Aggression, NG, G, Higa, Seath to name a few.. Even the Universal guys jump in from time to time, AV, Brad Rowe, Nick Lepore, Landry, Halladay... once in a life time opportunities that Animal makes happen every year. As all of the other companies are looking for the next big thing or chasing change, I'm glad that Animal sits on its roots. Good people. I know this isn't very structured and kind of random, but this aspect of Animal has been weighing on my mind. I just wanted to let you guys know that old school works, and we appreciate Animal staying true to itself. The people- marketing team/athletes/staff/fans are what make Animal amazing. That being said.. I CANT WAIT FOR THE CAGE IN 2013!!!!!!!!!
Did the fuckin "spacebar" on your phone or laptop not work?

LOL
I still love you Chase Browning..."I don't know how to quit you!"

Firefist
12-07-12, 7:45 pm
I dig it brotha. I remember when we both first interned in there like 3 years ago. It was just like wtf haha.

Homies for sure.

Seath308
12-07-12, 8:30 pm
Goosebumps bro! March can't come soon enough!

12-07-12, 9:36 pm
Did the fuckin "spacebar" on your phone or laptop not work?

LOL
I still love you Chase Browning..."I don't know how to quit you!"

Your squinty foreign eyes just make everything run together!

Much love Higa. I'll never forget that magical ride to BD's BBQ when we made a wonderful "Ivy-sandwich" with Seath's girl.

12-07-12, 9:36 pm
I dig it brotha. I remember when we both first interned in there like 3 years ago. It was just like wtf haha.

Homies for sure.

Yessir. Craziness. Always.

12-07-12, 9:37 pm
Goosebumps bro! March can't come soon enough!

Can't wait. You, Higa, and Randal would be proud. I started 5-3-1 this week. lol

mritter3
12-07-12, 10:00 pm
Great write up chase...looking forward to this year

deanna7272
12-07-12, 10:09 pm
Good times brother... Good times...

GUNZ
12-08-12, 9:47 am

That was fucking awesome to read!! I was never able make a trip to the Arnold and would sit in front of the computer and watched the live stream of guys that were friends of mine and fellow powerlifters like Sam Byrd and Richard Hawthorn! Saying to myself I'm gonna get in their one day, it was a goal and dream I've had for years. Looks like this is finally happening, and as a new face in the Cage-Animal booth I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and taking it all in. I get pumped up just thinking of about it!

P Diesel
12-08-12, 11:04 am
That was fucking awesome to read!! I was never able make a trip to the Arnold and would sit in front of the computer and watched the live stream of guys that were friends of mine and fellow powerlifters like Sam Byrd and Richard Hawthorn! Saying to myself I'm gonna get in their one day, it was a goal and dream I've had for years. Looks like this is finally happening, and as a new face in the Cage-Animal booth I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and taking it all in. I get pumped up just thinking of about it!

G,

when i tell u its more live then any event uve ever competed at im not lyin'. its close quarters, deafening between cheers and music. u wont b able to see out of the fencing that is shaking back and forth, fans 10 - 20 deep wildin' out. all u see when look up or down is the ANIMAL A under ur feet and hanging above ur head. it really is chaos and is very much home.

P

HIGA MONSTER
12-08-12, 11:24 am
Your squinty foreign eyes just make everything run together!

Much love Higa. I'll never forget that magical ride to BD's BBQ when we made a wonderful "Ivy-sandwich" with Seath's girl.
I just woke up...was sipping on my coffee and FUCKIN LAUGHED OUT LOUD!

See you soon bro!
HIGA MONSTER

Vinny G
12-08-12, 11:54 am
Chase thanks for the props brother.

Vinny G
12-08-12, 11:55 am

in person....you have no idea!!!!!

deanna7272
12-08-12, 5:07 pm

Oh you wait... The live stream doesn't touch the energy in there!!!

Chase stated it perfectly... You hear it energy just inside the doors with Vinny on the mic, giving the lowdown on what to expect next. It blows your mind how The Cage becomes the center of attention, people rushing for all corners of the venue like they have been summoned by the sound of Vinny's voice... You know it's game time!!!

People gather as deep as possible on the outside and our VIP's enter and fill the inside!! Once in, the air gets thick, your heart pounds as Vinny gives the rundown of the accomplishments, records, status, and upcoming event that the athletes have logged in.

Shit gets CRAZY as the athletes are preparing... Loud ass music, chalked up bodies, Ghost screaming in your face, and the sea of fans, colleagues, and naysayers all lined ready to see you push/pull some heavy ass weights!!! Screams, rattling 12 foot chain linked fencing, cameras flashing, video rolling, and yes even a little blood shed!!!

Standing there watching some crazy shit, getting up close and sharing personal space with all the guys that you have looked to for guidance, direction, motivation, and inspiration like Wrath, Ox, Vinny, P Diesel, Higa, Ben Seath, House, Richard Hawthorne, Enforcer, Natural Guy, C. Coronato, etc.. (and in Cages past, Machine, Joe Lad, Sgt.Rock, Big Ant, . I could go on and on, but you never truly KNOW what you are missing unless you are there!!)

This you will get to experience along with a plethora of others sights, sounds, and smells (I am sure that you will be instructed well on those...lol) that a monitor/screen doesn't allow...

Just remember, if you are late in arrival, lost in a crowd and can't find your way, just listen for Vinny's verbiage and follow the crowd to your home away from home.... We will be waiting....

GUNZ
12-08-12, 5:33 pm
G,

when i tell u its more live then any event uve ever competed at im not lyin'. its close quarters, deafening between cheers and music. u wont b able to see out of the fencing that is shaking back and forth, fans 10 - 20 deep wildin' out. all u see when look up or down is the ANIMAL A under ur feet and hanging above ur head. it really is chaos and is very much home.

P
P Diesel that's exactly what I'm expecting out of this experience, and man do I feed off of big crowds and mad energy! Ahhhh how many days we got?

in person....you have no idea!!!!!
I can't wait Vinny!

Oh you wait... The live stream doesn't touch the energy in there!!!

Chase stated it perfectly... You hear it energy just inside the doors with Vinny on the mic, giving the lowdown on what to expect next. It blows your mind how The Cage becomes the center of attention, people rushing for all corners of the venue like they have been summoned by the sound of Vinny's voice... You know it's game time!!!

People gather as deep as possible on the outside and our VIP's enter and fill the inside!! Once in, the air gets thick, your heart pounds as Vinny gives the rundown of the accomplishments, records, status, and upcoming event that the athletes have logged in.

Shit gets CRAZY as the athletes are preparing... Loud ass music, chalked up bodies, Ghost screaming in your face, and the sea of fans, colleagues, and naysayers all lined ready to see you push/pull some heavy ass weights!!! Screams, rattling 12 foot chain linked fencing, cameras flashing, video rolling, and yes even a little blood shed!!!

Standing there watching some crazy shit, getting up close and sharing personal space with all the guys that you have looked to for guidance, direction, motivation, and inspiration like Wrath, Ox, Vinny, P Diesel, Higa, Ben Seath, House, Richard Hawthorne, Enforcer, Natural Guy, C. Coronato, etc.. (and in Cages past, Machine, Joe Lad, Sgt.Rock, Big Ant, . I could go on and on, but you never truly KNOW what you are missing unless you are there!!)

This you will get to experience along with a plethora of others sights, sounds, and smells (I am sure that you will be instructed well on those...lol) that a monitor/screen doesn't allow...

Just remember, if you are late in arrival, lost in a crowd and can't find your way, just listen for Vinny's verbiage and follow the crowd to your home away from home.... We will be waiting....

Another great description that's just adding to the build- up that I know is unimaginable!

Universal Rep
12-10-12, 10:02 am
Awesome read, TCB... Ya really captured a lot of wut its all about. But next time please, use paragraphs eh? Haha...

12-11-12, 3:41 am
Awesome read, TCB... Ya really captured a lot of wut its all about. But next time please, use paragraphs eh? Haha...

I may still be a full time student, but its been atleast 4 years since I've had an English or grammar class. lol This shits informal. Come at me bruh.

Nix0r
12-11-12, 9:34 am
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Universal Rep
12-12-12, 11:41 am
I may still be a full time student, but its been atleast 4 years since I've had an English or grammar class. lol This shits informal. Come at me bruh.

Negged or ban? U choose...

MikeNice
12-12-12, 1:33 pm
Negged or ban? U choose...

Negged? You lose your compass and think you ended up at BB.com?

lol

Standing_Guard
12-13-12, 1:16 pm
Where would I be without my Chicago chapter? Cage? Vinny, G, Juggs,Seath, Deana, shit I could go on forever. This has always been home for me. From the day I arrive to the time I say goodbye it's never the same but always exciting. Vinny The one and only Lip on the Mic, G making his rounds, Frank attracting the girls (damn you j/k), Alex with his Pop tarts, Rob.....just being Rob. This is like a family reunion that no one wants to leave. It's my first vacation priority for work and my boss knows that. This year will be no different, all the same lovable dysfunctional nutjobs we are laughing it up and training our asses off. Love all you guys and gals.

deanna7272
12-13-12, 1:18 pm
Where would I be without my Chicago chapter? Cage? Vinny, G, Juggs,Seath, Deanna, shit I could go on forever. This has always been home for me. From the day I arrive to the time I say goodbye it's never the same but always exciting. Vinny The one and only Lip on the Mic, G making his rounds, Frank attracting the girls (damn you j/k), Alex with his Pop tarts, Rob.....just being Rob. This is like a family reunion that no one wants to leave. It's my first vacation priority for work and my boss knows that. This year will be no different, all the same lovable dysfunctional nutjobs we are laughing it up and training our asses off. Love all you guys and gals.

Right back at ya!!!

That's a great description, "lovable dysfunctional nut jobs!!!"

Life is beautiful, my friend...

Standing_Guard
12-13-12, 1:30 pm
Right back at ya!!!

That's a great description, "lovable dysfunctional nut jobs!!!"

Life is beautiful, my friend...

That it is Dee, I miss you all through the year. I dont think we could ask for better people.

Standing_Guard
12-13-12, 1:32 pm
side note

LMAO when Vinny G called me out for those wretched poptarts. love you Vin no one like you on the mic

Vinny G
12-13-12, 3:23 pm
Hey guys thanks for the shout out...looking forward to the CAGE 2013 -

TheGreatWhite
12-18-12, 12:23 am

Awesome post brother! I've been the past 3 years as well, and The Cage is the only place I want to be at. It's funny to me, when I come back home all of my colleagues ask where all of the free supplements are, as I have none. I just tell them that I was at The Cage all weekend. That's the whole reason why I love it. Animal/Universal doesn't try to pull in new customers or keep the loyal ones they already have by passing out free product or gear. It's the fact that they treat you as just - family. To me, being around everyone here on the FORVM at The Cage has helped me greatly find my way in the bodybuilding lifestyle, almost as a guide for a lack of a better term. I'll be coming back if it's possible every chance I get. Once again, killer post man! It was great hanging with you at The O this year too BTW!

Universal Rep
12-18-12, 9:47 am
Negged? You lose your compass and think you ended up at BB.com?

lol

Haha, yeah... Good times.

C.Coronato
12-18-12, 10:37 am
Awesome post big homie.

Vinny G
12-19-12, 4:59 am
Cannnnnnnnnnn Youuuuuuuuuuu Digggggggggggggg ittttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECpu3KV4Ngg