PDA

View Full Version : Rusty - Toughest Dog Alive

Kowboy
12-13-12, 3:04 pm
I put this on Facebook, it was my moms dog. But they got him when I still lived with them a long time ago. Pretty sad story, I know some people think they are just dogs but he was family.

"This post is dedicated to the toughest little guy I know. We always joked that he was the Joe Pesci of the dog world. He knew no fear and there is no one he wouldn't stand up to. He had the heart of a lion and I have no doubts that he never backed down. I can only hope to have the same courage as him if I am ever called to do so. His name was Rusty Nibert and he was a miniature Dachsund. He lost his final battle last night with a Coyote, he will be forever missed. It is extremely sad but I know he got a piece of that damn Coyote, he would never back down and he would never settle for less. With his courage he protected Chewie the other dog so he could make it back to the house. Gonna miss ya little guy"

Kowboy
12-13-12, 3:06 pm
I posted this in my journey but I just wanted to show the courage and compassion of animals. This dog was incredible and stood his ground until the very end. He certainly had the Animal spirit.

Aggression
12-13-12, 3:12 pm
Sometimes I have more compassion when animals die than when humans die. When my family dog (golden lab) finally goes in a few years (he's 6 now), I'm going to be a wreck for a long, long, long time.

RIP Rusty

MRmichael.hooker
12-13-12, 3:38 pm
Sometimes I have more compassion when animals die than when humans die. When my family dog (golden lab) finally goes in a few years (he's 6 now), I'm going to be a wreck for a long, long, long time.

RIP Rusty

Ya man, I was a wreck big time when we put our 12yearold schnauzer to sleep last year. Was like my child died or something

C.Coronato
12-13-12, 4:33 pm
Ahh very sorry to hear that man. My 'rents also have a mini dachshund. Everytime I go home she will literally lick my face until i make her stop. They have so much compassion, such great dogs. Im very sorry for your loss bro. RIP

G Diesel
12-13-12, 4:41 pm
Oh man, that breaks my heart.

What a profile in true courage and selflessness. Such bravery from a little guy. We could learn so much from our fellow animals.

Very sorry to hear that my man. Sincere condolences.

Peace, G

deanna7272
12-13-12, 7:40 pm
This breaks my heart... I fear anything happening to my little guy, Howie... You all see the pics I post on FB, he's my boy... I had to put my 2 girls down last year (Aug and then Oct... They would have been 18 in November). They were my baby girls... I don't have kids and I never will, so when I hear of something like this happening, it breaks my heart because I am sure Rusty was just as much a part of the family as my girls were...

Rest in peace dear Rusty....

Maccabee
12-13-12, 10:12 pm
If more people were like that dog the world would be a better place. It's crazy but your dog taught me a lesson.

Kowboy
12-14-12, 8:25 am
Thanks everyone, he was an inspiration he truly was. I have learned a lot from him, he would love those he cared about unconditionally and would stand up to anything.

Preston
12-14-12, 9:52 am
This breaks my heart... I fear anything happening to my little guy, Howie... You all see the pics I post on FB, he's my boy... I had to put my 2 girls down last year (Aug and then Oct... They would have been 18 in November). They were my baby girls... I don't have kids and I never will, so when I hear of something like this happening, it breaks my heart because I am sure Rusty was just as much a part of the family as my girls were...

RIP Rusty and enjoy the endless supply of treats, tug-toys and huge lavish beds in doggy heaven.

Kowboy
12-14-12, 10:25 am

My parents live in Mt Sterling next to a cornfield and this is the first incident. Just so sad, I see pics of yours all the time.