PDA

View Full Version : Training methods

Anonymous97
12-17-12, 11:20 am
Hey everyone... I'm 16 5.58 feet and 154lbs.I'm going to the gym for 2 month almost.
I'm confused a little bit and i wanna ask you something ... Is there any training routine especially designed for increasing muscle size ?I know all training routines will increase muscle size,but isn't there any routine designed for better results ?

At this moment I've started from today http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=49

Bench Presses: 3 Warmup Sets - 10 reps 22lbs + 44lbs ( bar )
Bench Presses: 4 Sets - 2 sets with 8 reps 33lbs +44lbs 1 set with 6 reps 44lbs + 44lbs and 1 set with 6 reps(I got help at last 3) with 55lbs+44lbs
Incline Dumbbell Bench Presses: 3 Sets - 10 rep with 17lbs , 8 rep with 22lbs , 5 rep with 33lbs
Incline Flyes: 3 Sets - 10 rep with 17lbs

Barbell Curls: 3 Sets - 6 rep with 22lbs , 6 rep with 33lbs , 4 rep with 38lbs
Dumbbell Curls: 3 Sets - 10 with 17lbs , 10 with 17lbs , 6 with 22lbs
Concentration Curls: 3 Sets - 10 with 17lbs , 10 with 17lbs , 6 with 22lbs

What you think ? Should i continue this one?Or i should change it ?
If you have any better ideas i'd be glad to hear them.
Thank you a lot ^^.

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad english.

Anonymous97
12-17-12, 11:25 am
P.S. 2 What about abs exercises?Could you recommend me few for the end of each training day?

P.S. 3 I'm sorry for double post but i couldn't edit ...

C.Coronato
12-17-12, 3:21 pm
Hey whats going on my man. Your best bet is to simply find a routine you like, and give it a shot. Try it for a few months. If you feel its benefiting you, then stick with it. If not, then give another one a shot! A big part of growth is your diet. What does that look like?

Anonymous97
12-17-12, 3:55 pm
Hmmm,let's see
My day starts at 6 A.M.
I'm doing 15 pushups and 20 abs
I'm eating 1 poached egg and i'm heading to the school.
During 7 hours i'm eating about 3 sandwiches.
Untill today,i was going to gym every day(friday and sunday no) and i was wondering if that's alright ...
4-4:30 P.M. I'm heading home.
Well,here's the problem,because I'm not eating something regulary ... I'm eating what's cooked ...
At this moment I'm not taking any kind of supplies but I'm thinking at that...
Somedays i'm eating meat,somedays i'm not.
And the same for dinner,I don't eat anything regular..
At this moment i don't have any plan ... or anything like that.

Appollonian
12-17-12, 4:20 pm
Anonymous97, I got your PM and just now got back to you. C.Coronato is spot on: give the routine a try and change it if you don't respond well.

As for your diet, you're going to have to make sure you eat enough to support your training and recovery between sessions, and be consistant with it day to day. I would check the diet section at the top RH fo the FORVM screen for good ideas in the diet deparment.

Anonymous97
12-18-12, 1:17 am
Well,I've checked the diet section and i think I'm going to try the pre-contest diet 2...What you think guys?
And I've got another question :-?
I heard many guys saying that after gym their arms,legs and everything else hurts them a lot after a training session and for the rest of that day/next day..But I've never been so exhausted ... Or even to feel any kind of pain after a training session ... Just after finishing an exercise my arms/legs hurts me a little but nothing else,after 1 hour I'm just fine.
Is this ok?I mean,i should try work harder?At gym I'm trying the best weight i can lift and I'm not cheating :-?

BigChrisF
12-18-12, 2:12 am
Odd. I would think that being new to weight training, the Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) would be at it's worst.

Like the rest, I believe you should pick any routine you wish to try. Pick one that will work your entire body over the week. I doesn't look like your current diet is enough food. Add a multi-vitamin and eat more throughout the day.

Anonymous97
12-18-12, 5:17 am
Alright,and what about abs?:-?I see no results after 1 month 1/2 and 200-300 abs/day

Appollonian
12-18-12, 8:40 am
Well,I've checked the diet section and i think I'm going to try the pre-contest diet 2...What you think guys?
I heard many guys saying that after gym their arms,legs and everything else hurts them a lot after a training session and for the rest of that day/next day..But I've never been so exhausted ... Or even to feel any kind of pain after a training session ... Just after finishing an exercise my arms/legs hurts me a little but nothing else,after 1 hour I'm just fine.
Is this ok?I mean,i should try work harder?At gym I'm trying the best weight i can lift and I'm not cheating :-?

Alright,and what about abs?:-?I see no results after 1 month 1/2 and 200-300 abs/day

I responded to your PM about this, too. You really need to focus on the connection between your mind and your muscles. Don't just go in the gym and through weights around, but really feel the muscles working. When you do a bicep curl or squat, don't think about the bar moving. Think about your biceps squeezing to pull the bar up, or your quads, glutes, and hams working together to stand up in the squat. If you can develop this connection, you'll be much better off than a lot of people your age.

Same with abs, don't just crunch, but feel your abs squeeze together.

World Eater
12-18-12, 9:01 am
What Appolonian meant when he directed you there was read some of the articles, learn about (good) foods and what they can do for you. If you're real serious about it, figure out your calorie intake and needs and build a diet around that. Never copy someone elses diet, especially not a pre contest one made by/for an IFBB pro.

At your age, I'd just try eating a lot (and keeping it healthy). Having family dinner doesn't really matter much at this point IMO. Having just 1 egg and then 3 sandwiches during the day does and you're going to have to eat a lot more to gain.

Appollonian
12-18-12, 9:17 am
What Appolonian meant when he directed you there was read some of the articles, learn about (good) foods and what they can do for you. If you're real serious about it, figure out your calorie intake and needs and build a diet around that. Never copy someone elses diet, especially not a pre contest one made by/for an IFBB pro.

Right, I was meaning for you to read as much as you can so you have an idea of what's out there, not just so you can copy and paste.

Aggression
12-18-12, 9:34 am
You're brand new at this. So your best bet is to spend some time reading through the TRAINING and DIET sections of the website. Get yourself familiar with the main components to bodybuilding. Then come back here. You need a bit of knowledge before you can come in here and ask questions. Otherwise, you'll just get lost among everyone else's posts. Coming in here and saying 'give me a specialized diet and training template' won't work. You need to read, educate yourself, formulate your own plan, and then you can come here and ask questions that we'd be more than happy to answer.

Anonymous97
12-18-12, 10:22 am
Hmm,
I'll start reading about diet and I'll make one for myself :-? And I'm going to continue than with this routine for the next 2-3 months

Thank you guys !
P.S. Should i start my own journey?Or it doesn't worth because I'm a beginner?