PDA

View Full Version : Journey Into My Deepest Fear

Pages : [1] 2

DaveK
12-17-12, 11:56 pm
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will feel secure around you. We are ALL meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission do do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ....a work by Marianne Williamson and made popular in movie "Coach Carter." Its been my signature since I started posting on the forum, so I figured it would be a good way to start a new thread. I've always loved the work. It starts out great but kind of gets a little deep in the middle and ends pretty good. I am in no way trying to impart my faith...or lack thereof...but I'm sure you all get where I'm going with it.....

Now I've never gotten into the whole social media thing. I don't My Space, Body Space, Facebook or Tweet. As you can see, I've been a member here since '07 and have less than 500 posts. I could care less about the others, but feel bad about my inactivity here because it serves such a great purpose. That being said, I'm going to make every effort to be more active. My hours are pretty much spent working two jobs, supporting my kids (which seems to be getting less and less) training, eating, spending time with my GF Paula (who I will be referring to later because she does EVERYTHING for me) and finding time to spend with my friends. Thats it.

I took a break from competing for several years then got back on stage in 2007. I've competed every year since then except for 2010. In the '90's I was a middle. Since '07 I've moved to the light heavies and now in the heavies where I belong. I'd love to be a super becuse it would help if I ever got "the card" but it just ain't in the genes. I feel very fortunate to be where I'm at considering the size of my family. Competing in the low 220's makes me kind of a tweener for the IFBB....but that's putting the cart way before the horse.....

I'm going to post my training, diet, "philosophies" and thoughts about our lifestyle. For the record, I'd just like to say that anything I post is mearly information that has been passed on to me by those who have gone before; to whom I give all the credit. Also, by my peers, who have showed me countless techniques and motivation over the years...you all know who you are. We can never know or learn too much nor ever stop. This game and our lifestyle is much bigger than any of us. Greg Long taught me many years ago that humility is the window to knowledge. That being said, I welcome any thoughts or ideas on diet, training, posing, strongman, powerlifting...anything from anyone.

One of my biggest obsticals now is Father Time. I will be 49 by the time I step on stage next year so I am definitly fighting the clock. I have the gas peddle mashed to the floor board because I don't have time to spare. No holidays, no snow days, no missed training days, no missed cardio days and no missed meals. I simply don't have the time. My goal has always been to be the best that I can be. If that brings "the card" well, then I guess that would be a realization of a dream. Anything after that would be a bonus. I've put the majority of my eggs in a basket for bodybuilding. I'm currently working with George Farah so my diet and current training split is coming from him.

I'm going to make evey effort to make daily posts, so some of the information may be redundant. I'm also going to stay away from posting weights, as I feel that the only numbers that really matter are sets and reps. Just know that I am going as heavy as my body and/or head will let me go for the given rep range for that given day. As you will see, for the most part I am a volume trainer and right now I'm using partial to full rep range and always FEEL the weight being used. I incorporate many different training styles. I won't insult your inteligence, you know what they are. I believe that they all have value and work as long as ones implementation of them does not cause injury. I also believe that it is of the utmost importance to make that mind/muscle connection. As bodybuilders we MUST feel the muscle being worked. Heavy weights serve a purpose but make every effort to isolate and feel it!

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
12-18-12, 2:46 am
Monday was chest, biceps and calves. This year I'm focusing on two things; upper chest and legs. I don't believe in training anything down, only being mindful of what needs improvement. Right now most every chest day starts with incline movements. Also, I begin every workout except leg day with light shoulders as a warm-up. I do three sets of bent, side, front laterals as well as rotations to warm the entire shoulder girdle and pec/delt tie. I've done this for years and believe that it has helped keep me, for the most part, injury free.

Chest:

Incline Bench on Smith Machine - 8 x 15, 12, 10, 8, 5. Drop 10, 10, 10
Incline fly - 3 x 12, 10, 10
DB Flat Bench - 4 x 15, 12, 10, 8
Fly Machine - 3 x 15
Cable Crossovers - 3 x 15, 12, 10, drop 15

Biceps/Forearms

Standing High Cable Curls - 4 x 10 wide grip ss 4 x 10 close grip
Standing Low Cable Curl w cambered bar - 4 x 15,12,10,10
Standing Low Cable Hammer Curls w rope - 3 x 15, 12, 10
Machine Preacher Curls - 3 x 10
DB Wrist Curls 3 x 15

Calves:

Calf raise on leg press - 4 x failure. I do 5 reps followed by a 5 second stretch. Repeat to failure.

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
12-18-12, 3:23 am
My last show was the Atlantic States in June. Ate pretty clean but cheated a bit through the summer. Started my "off season" diet mid October so I'm about 8 weeks in. My weight at the start was in the low 260's and right now I'm in the low 250's. Since October I've had 4 cheat meals, one being Thanksgiving. Plan right now is as follows. I'll only post any changes from George:

Meal 1: 8 oz. steak, 1 cup oats, 2 whole cage free eggs
Meal 2: 7 oz. chicken, 75 grams white rice, 1 cup broccolli, 10 grams olive oil
Meal 3: 7 oz. salmon, 75 grams white rice, 1 cup broccolli
Pre-workout: 10 grams BCAA, 15 grams Glutamine
Meal 4: post workout: 60 grams hydro whey. 30 minutes later 50 grams white rice, 1 banana, 5 grams creatine, 20 oz. Gatorade
Meal 5: 9 oz. chicken, 8 oz. yam, salad, 10 grams olive oil
Meal 6: 50 grams multi-fraction whey, 2 oz. walnuts

Sometimes pre-workout and meal 4 are at different times depending on my work/training schedule. I'm also doing aminos between most every meal and I've added 1 pack Animal Nitro to my pre-workout. I've also added 1 pack Animal Nitro, BCAA and Silk aminos taken intra-workout. Love the product....it works!

As far as other supplements, I do the whole multi-vitamin thing with extra C, D, E, Calcium and Magnesium. Fish oil and joint stuff.

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
12-18-12, 3:28 am
My last show was the Atlantic States in June. Ate pretty clean but cheated a bit through the summer. Started my "off season" diet mid October so I'm about 8 weeks in. My weight at the start was in the low 260's and right now I'm in the low 250's. Since October I've had 4 cheat meals, one being Thanksgiving. Plan right now is as follows. I'll only post any changes from George:

Meal 1: 8 oz. steak, 1 cup oats, 2 whole cage free eggs
Meal 2: 7 oz. chicken, 75 grams white rice, 1 cup broccolli, 10 grams olive oil
Meal 3: 7 oz. salmon, 75 grams white rice, 1 cup broccolli
Pre-workout: 10 grams BCAA, 15 grams Glutamine
Meal 4: post workout: 60 grams hydro whey. 30 minutes later 50 grams white rice, 1 banana, 5 grams creatine, 20 oz. Gatorade
Meal 5: 9 oz. chicken, 8 oz. yam, salad, 10 grams olive oil
Meal 6: 50 grams multi-fraction whey, 2 oz. walnuts

Sometimes pre-workout and meal 4 are at different times depending on my work/training schedule. I'm also doing aminos between most every meal and I've added 1 pack Animal Nitro to my pre-workout. I've also added 1 pack Animal Nitro, BCAA and Silk aminos taken intra-workout. Love the product....it works!

As far as other supplements, I do the whole multi-vitamin thing with extra C, D, E, Calcium and Magnesium. Fish oil and joint stuff.

Peace - DaveK

I'll post cheats too...just don't tell George

DK

Shukin
12-18-12, 8:19 am
For the record, I'd just like to say that anything I post is mearly information that has been passed on to me by those who have gone before; to whom I give all the credit. Also, by my peers, who have showed me countless techniques and motivation over the years...you all know who you are. We can never know or learn too much nor ever stop. This game and our lifestyle is much bigger than any of us. Greg Long taught me many years ago that humility is the window to knowledge. That being said, I welcome any thoughts or ideas on diet, training, posing, strongman, powerlifting...anything from anyone.

Well said David.

I am so happy to see you back on here. You have my full support in achieving your goals.

I love that poem, and love the movie coach Carter as well.

Keep focused, keep moving weight and stay positive my brother.

Respect,
Shukin

Shukin
12-18-12, 8:20 am
I'll post cheats too...just don't tell George

DK

He might actually google himself.......lol

deanna7272
12-18-12, 8:49 am
Well, good morning Dave!! Glad to see that you will be posting on the regular!! There's something to be said for having support from those around you!! With that being said, tell your beautiful Paula that I said hello... She's a doll...

Best of luck in 2013... Looks to be a very active year for some of our members here on the Forvm, that's awesome!!!

DaveK
12-18-12, 3:55 pm
Well said David.

I am so happy to see you back on here. You have my full support in achieving your goals.

I love that poem, and love the movie coach Carter as well.

Keep focused, keep moving weight and stay positive my brother.

Respect,
Shukin

Thanks Shukin!

DaveK
12-18-12, 8:23 pm
Been focusing on my legs the last several years to bring them up to par. Every year I'm told the same thing; conditioning is there with them (which has saved me a time or two) but they need to be bigger. Especially the sweeps and hamstrings. Its been frustrating recently, because for some reason I'm finding it very hard to get motivated to train them. It should be the exact opposite but unfortunately I dredd every leg day. Nonetheless, I get'em done.

Leg extentions - 8x15
Standing leg curl - 2x15, 4x10
Squats on Smith Machine - 6x10
Lying leg curl - 5x15
Lunges - 3x15

Since I'm working 7P to 7A today, meal 1 was at 3:30 PM. My second meal was pre-workout and post meal 4. I'll eat meals 2, 3, 5 and 6 through the night.

Peace - DaveK

Shukin
12-18-12, 10:30 pm
Gotta learn to love em I guess....

DaveK
12-19-12, 12:41 am
This time of year certainly tests ones willpower. Now everyone knows that cops have such great eating habits. You know, donuts and coffee that whole thing. Well it starts rights around Thanksgiving and is non-stop until New Years. Full of good intentions and hoiliday cheer, the citizens of Warrington impart a steady flow of candy, cookies, cakes, pies, truffles, any kind of confection one could imagine. Sandwiches, pizza, hogies, turkey dinners....yes I said turkey dinners...its a veritable cornicopia of Christmas treats at my station that I have to walk passed everyday!...BA HUMBUG!!!

G Diesel
12-19-12, 9:31 am
Always a huge inspiration my brother. Thanks for lighting the way and showing how it is done right.

Peace, G

Shukin
12-19-12, 9:39 am
This time of year certainly tests ones willpower. Now everyone knows that cops have such great eating habits. You know, donuts and coffee that whole thing. Well it starts rights around Thanksgiving and is non-stop until New Years. Full of good intentions and hoiliday cheer, the citizens of Warrington impart a steady flow of candy, cookies, cakes, pies, truffles, any kind of confection one could imagine. Sandwiches, pizza, hogies, turkey dinners....yes I said turkey dinners...its a veritable cornicopia of Christmas treats at my station that I have to walk passed everyday!...BA HUMBUG!!!

Stay the course my brother, stay the course.

DaveK
12-19-12, 2:11 pm
Always a huge inspiration my brother. Thanks for lighting the way and showing how it is done right.

Peace, G

Thanks G...and right back at ya!!

DaveK
12-19-12, 2:12 pm
Stay the course my brother, stay the course.

....and down goes another meal of steak, eggs and oats...

Shukin
12-19-12, 2:20 pm
....and down goes another meal of steak, eggs and oats...

What's George say?

DaveK
12-19-12, 2:28 pm
What's George say?

He's not a big cheat guy, even in off season. In fact, has never mentioned them. I was even told to keep it as clean as possible after my show in June when I was done for the year. Sent pics on Sunday and he said one more week "then we need to take a little break." Not quite sure what that means yet...training? food? I'll find out on Monday.

C.Coronato
12-19-12, 2:42 pm
Glad to see you are killing it my man. With George in you corner you will do well! I just started contest prep for the METS in April and hopefully qualifying for the Jr USA in May. We will see how it pans out. Good luck through prep and especially staying true through the holiday season.

DaveK
12-19-12, 11:29 pm
Glad to see you are killing it my man. With George in you corner you will do well! I just started contest prep for the METS in April and hopefully qualifying for the Jr USA in May. We will see how it pans out. Good luck through prep and especially staying true through the holiday season.

Thanks brother and right back at ya! It'll be great to step on stage at the juniors. Always a strong show. Lets do what we do!!

DaveK
12-19-12, 11:41 pm
Comin off nights for two so I only slept for a couple ours today and feel like shit. Arnold says one only needs 6 hours of sleep a night leaving 18 hours to get stuff done. I guess he'd be proud cause I get way less than that. Trying to get all my meals in before hitting the rack tonight. It's 11:30 and I still have 5 and 6 to go. Cardio and abs today. 30 minutes on the treadmill at 2.7 starting at a 2.5 incline and finishing at 15.0. Abs 4x25 on the Precore bench and 4x25 on the Precore leg raise.

Got fitted for a tux tonight. Ameusing. Told the guy, you think I'm a challenge, you should see some of ma boys!

Peace - DaveK

Shukin
12-20-12, 7:58 am
A Tux? Something you ain't tellin us?

DaveK
12-20-12, 11:22 pm
Went to Greg's today and hit up some delts and tris. Greg showed me three new moves...

Rear Delts:

1)Hammer Iso Military Press. Stand and face in, grab the swing arms, elbows high and pull back on a 45 degree angle - 5x15 last set went to 10 then 5, 5 second holds.

2)Hammer Iso Low Row. Stand and face in, grab horizontal grip, elbows high and pull back on a 45 degree angle - 5x15 last set went to 10 then 5, 5 second holds.

3)Hammer Iso Low Row. One arm press. Stand to the side, grab the horn in line with shoulder - 5x10

Hammer Iso Military Press - 2x15, 3x10
DB Front Raise - 3x10
DB Side laterals - 3x10 ss w/palms in side lateral - 3x10

Tris:

Cable Pushdowns - 5x15
Cable Ovrhead Extensions on Cybex - 5x10
Nautalis Tricep Extention - 5x10

Ate Meals 1&2, trained, Meal 4, hour later Meal 3. Meals 5&6 before sleep. Back on nites tomorrow night.

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
12-20-12, 11:24 pm
Back on nites tomorrow....that is if the world don't end....

DaveK
12-20-12, 11:25 pm
A Tux? Something you ain't tellin us?

A bar or batmitzvah for Paula's nephew. Can't remember which it is.

Shukin
12-21-12, 8:55 am
A bar or batmitzvah for Paula's nephew. Can't remember which it is.

Few, I didn't get any invites so I got worried.......lol

DaveK
12-21-12, 10:13 pm
30 minutes on the treadmill. 2.5 mph at 2.5 incline. Finished at 15.0 incline.

Calves

Leg Press - 4x25 all three angles, 2x5 w/5 second stretch to failure.
Seated calf raise - 4x25

Back on nites tonight. Brought an extra 6 ozs chicken n broccolli to take me through the night since I'll be done meals by 2 or 3 AM.

Peace - DaveK

Shukin
12-21-12, 10:49 pm
30 minutes on the treadmill. 2.5 mph at 2.5 incline. Finished at 15.0 incline.

Calves

Leg Press - 4x25 all three angles, 2x5 w/5 second stretch to failure.
Seated calf raise - 4x25

Back on nites tonight. Brought an extra 6 ozs chicken n broccolli to take me through the night since I'll be done meals by 2 or 3 AM.

Peace - DaveK

careful of those broccoli farts.

DaveK
12-21-12, 10:58 pm
careful of those broccoli farts.

The guy who shares my truck hates me...lol!

Shukin
12-22-12, 12:05 am
The guy who shares my truck hates me...lol!

Hahaaaa, it's not a stake out but a stink out.....lol

Shukin
12-23-12, 2:35 pm
I think you will like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF8jsrdgGD0

DaveK
12-23-12, 11:49 pm
I think you will like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF8jsrdgGD0

Ahhh, love it...back in the day brother! Thanks!!!! I was sportin Gorilla Wear or Hot Skins, a ***bag, hightop Otomix and the meanest mullet you!ve ever seen!! Had the Crue blastin on my Sony Walkman while BigAnt was listenin to Cher or the soundtrack from Visionquest!

DaveK
12-24-12, 12:40 am
Had a bit of an attitude today so I brought a bit of violence to my reps....Branch Warren style!

PWO:

10 grams BCAA, 15 grams glutamine

Back:

DL's - 5x10
DB Rows - 3x10
Low Row - 3x10 drop 10 (45* angle)
Hammer Reverse Grip MTS Row - 3x10 drop 10 w/5 sec holds
Close Grip Pulldowns - 3x10 drop 10
Hammer Reverse Grip MTS Pulldowns - 3x10 drop 10 w/5 second holds
(From Vinny) Wide Grip Pulldowns to the front, facing away from the stack - 3x8 3/4 reps w/5 sec holds, full reps to fail. Back arched for more iso

Traps:

DB Shrugs - 4x25 drop to fail

PWO:

60 grams hydro whey, 10 grams BCAA, 10 grams glutamine
30 mins later, 50 grams white rice, banana, 5 grams creatine, 20 oz Gatorade

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
12-24-12, 12:55 am
Alright, it's officially Christmas! I can't be held responsible for my piehole over the next 48 hours!!! Strap on the feed bag brothers!!!

Ho Ho Ho!

DaveK
12-24-12, 6:01 am
Watched the Animal Roadtrip 2012 videos this morning. They were training at a Metroflex Gym in Cali. On one wall there were four words that spoke volumes..."YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL!"......so very true...

Shukin
12-24-12, 7:26 am
Ahhh, love it...back in the day brother! Thanks!!!! I was sportin Gorilla Wear or Hot Skins, a ***bag, hightop Otomix and the meanest mullet you!ve ever seen!! Had the Crue blastin on my Sony Walkman while BigAnt was listenin to Cher or the soundtrack from Visionquest!

Hahaa, I can't believe how light they all were.

Kill i oughtta
12-24-12, 8:25 am
inspiring thread definatly in lot to learn here.

Kill i oughtta
12-24-12, 8:25 am

good luck c thats a high lvl stage

Shukin
12-24-12, 9:12 am
For those who don't know Davek
Nov 8th, 2011

http://youtu.be/VnHIUjeGslc

DaveK
12-24-12, 5:47 pm
Hahaa, I can't believe how light they all were.

I know right....Moeller was the heaviest but he was like 6'7" lol

DaveK
12-24-12, 5:50 pm
For those who don't know Davek
Nov 8th, 2011

http://youtu.be/VnHIUjeGslc

'13 gonna be a whole new ball game!

DaveK
12-24-12, 5:51 pm
good luck c thats a high lvl stage

He gonna tear it up!

DaveK
12-24-12, 5:55 pm
inspiring thread definatly in lot to learn here.

For me too. Thanks brother!

DaveK
12-25-12, 10:39 pm
Was gonna show you guys that I'm hard core and train on Christmas Day. "No days off, no snow days, no holidays"....blah blah blah. Thought the HAC closed at 3:00 PM. Left for the gym at 12:45 to smash chest and bis. Pre-workout in, bag packed n ready to go. Walked in and no one was there except the janitor moppin the floor. "Yup, I'm a badass BBer," said I...tag didn't work...closed at 1:00 PM...misread the holiday notice...real badass I am...LOL...hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!

DaveK
12-27-12, 12:31 am
Had two days of rest because of overtime at work on Monday and being a dope on Tuesday, misreading the holiday notice at the HAC. Had cheat meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, in addition to my other meals, so I was nice and full goin into Body Dynamics today. Did my pre-workout but there was really no need.

Chest:

Incline Bench on Smith Machine - 2x12, 2x10, 3x8, drop 1x10, drop 1x15
DB Bench - 2x15, 3x12
Incline DB Fly - 3x12
Hi Cable Crossover 3x12, drop 1x10
Seated Machine Fly - 3x12, drop 1x10

Biceps:

Hi Cable Curls - Wide Grip 1x15, 1x12, 1x10 ss with same Close Grip
Cable Rope Hammers - 3x12
Cable Strait Bar Curls - 3x12
Seated On Arm Cable Preacher Curls - 3x10 (seated to the side)
DB Wrist Curls - 3x15

60 gms hydro whey
10 gms BCAA
10 gms Glutamine
30 minutes later - 50 gms white rice, banana, 5 gms Creatine, 20 ozs Gatorade

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
12-27-12, 9:56 pm
Pre: 10 gms BCAA 15 gms Glutamine

Leg Extension - 8x15
Hack Slide - 4x15
Leg Press - 4x10 close stance on bottom ss with 4x15 wide stance on upper
Lunges - 4x20
Lying Leg Curl - 5x15
Standing Leg Curl - 1x10, 4x12

Post: 60 grams hydro whey. 30 minutes later 50 grams white rice, banana, 5 grams Creatine, 20 ozs Gatorade

Off to work with my trusty 6 Pack cooler packed (by Paula, of course) with meals 2, 3 and 5, water with Crystal Light and a Diet Coke. 12 hour shifts get a bit frustrating at times. Doesn't leave much time to sleep and train. Sleep is the only part of the matrix that I can't seem to get even with training and nutrition. But, like I always tell Paula, I'll have enough time for sleep when I'm dead....Peace, DaveK

BigAnt
12-28-12, 12:13 am
Some good stuff in here..Us old guys got to stick together, lets train soon....I am back training "kinda normal" again with a month break from school....

DaveK
12-28-12, 3:30 am
Some good stuff in here..Us old guys got to stick together, lets train soon....I am back training "kinda normal" again with a month break from school....

True dat brotha. Def gotta hook up!

Shukin
12-28-12, 4:19 am
I really like where you are going with this thread, it's not just a workout log but like a journal, humble and honest, keep it up Dave.

Respect,
S

DaveK
12-28-12, 4:49 pm
I really like where you are going with this thread, it's not just a workout log but like a journal, humble and honest, keep it up Dave.

Respect,
S

Thanks Shukin!

GUNS
12-28-12, 4:55 pm
Dave, sorry I have not seen this!

Trust me, we(I), want to know what DaveK does! You are an inspiration brother! Whether you think so or not! You have alot to put on the table and people can only benefit from you being in here! Thanks for taking the time to log what Dave is all about! Much respect brother! You know Ill be following your journey!

DaveK
12-29-12, 1:13 am
Shoulders:

Seated Military on Smith - x12, x10, x8, 3x5, drop 2x8, drop 2x10
Side Laterals - x12, x10, x8
Front Raise - x12, x10, x8
Bent Laterals - x12, x10, x8
Hammer MTS Shoulder Press - x12, x10, x8
Rear Delt on Fly Machine ss with Seated Side Machine Laterals - x12, x10, x8

Triceps:

Rope pushdowns: x15, x12, x10 drop x10, drop x10
Cable Overhead Extension - x15, x12, x10, drop x10, drop 10
Seated Dip Machine - x15, x12, x10, drop x10, drop x10
One Arm Reverse Cable Extension - 3x12, drop x10, drop to fail

One of those nights when I lost track of how many sets I was doing. Real good pump.

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
12-29-12, 11:30 am
Oldschool workout right there! When your body wants to keep training, its hard to hold back on the sets! Great session Dave!

Shukin
01-01-13, 9:28 am
Happy New Year Dave, all the best to you and Paula

DaveK
01-01-13, 10:48 am
Oldschool workout right there! When your body wants to keep training, its hard to hold back on the sets! Great session Dave!

Thank Guns. Thats how we roll!

GUNS
01-01-13, 11:58 am
Happy New Year Dave! Wishing the best for you and the family in 2013!

DaveK
01-01-13, 9:48 pm
Happy New Year to all! This weekend was one big cheat day so I was pretty amped up to get in and get back done on Sunday nite. Wasn't thrilled about it but I had a lot of fun with Paula's family. Also, Paula and I had a wonderful New Years Eve! It's early in the year and my last horrah. Sometimes I gotta remember that there is a thing called a life.

Back:

Pulldowns to the Front - 2x15, x12, x18, x8, drop x10, drop x10
Close Grip Pulldowns to the Front - x15, x12, x10, x8, drop x10, drop x10
Hammer MTS Reverse Grip Pulldowns - x12, x10, x8, drop x10, drop x10 (5 sec holds)
Bentover BB Rows - x12, 3x10
T-Bar Rows - 3x10, drop x10
Hammer MTS Reverse Grip Seated Rows - 3x10, drop x10, drop x10 (5 sec holds)

Traps:

DB Shrugs - 5x25

DaveK
01-01-13, 11:04 pm
Yesterday was off due to work and gyms closing early. I'll make up by weeks end. Sent pics to George tonight so I'll report any changes if I get them.

Chest:

DB Bench - 2x15, 2x12, 3x10
Seated Machine Fly - 3x10, drop x10, drop x10
Hammer Incline Bench - x15, x12, 3x10, drop x15
Hi Cable Crossover - 3x10, drop x10
Low Cable Crossover - 3x10

Biceps:

DB Curl - 3x10
DB Hammer Curl - 3x10 (each set is x5, x5, x5, x5)
Hi Cable Curl w/cambered bar - 3x10 wide grip ss with 3x10 close grip
Machine Preacher Curl - 3x10, drop x10
DB wrist curl - 3x15

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-02-13, 9:38 am
Solid work over the last few days Dave! Nothing wrong with a cheat every now and then! Your far enough away. Definately gotta balance everything and your living proof you can!

DaveK
01-03-13, 7:45 pm
Leg Extensions - 8x15, drop x10, drop x10 (first few are more of a warm up)
Squats on Smith Machine - 5x10, x12
- Focusing on sweeps so I'm keeping feet straight and less than shoulder width.
Single Leg Press - 4x20
Walking Lunges - 3x20
Seated Leg Curl - 4x15
Glute Iso on Seated Leg Curl - 4x25
- I'm going to shoot a video of these for those who may not know what they are. Killer!!
Calves on Leg Press - 3x25, x failure

Absoluely no wind today at all!

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-03-13, 7:54 pm
Sent pics to George on 01/01. Got my update today. He didn't think that I was too much of a fatso, thank God! Only change was he pulled steak from meal 1 and replaced it with chicken. All business now!

30 Minutes on the treadmill at 2.7 MPH. Started at 2.5 incline and finished at 15.0. 375 calories.

Abs:

Precore ab table - 4x25, x failure
Precore Leg Raise - 4x25

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-03-13, 7:55 pm
Solid work over the last few days Dave! Nothing wrong with a cheat every now and then! Your far enough away. Definately gotta balance everything and your living proof you can!

Thanks Jimmy. We walk the walk!

BigAnt
01-03-13, 11:44 pm
Slimfast; pick up your phone, bet if I changed my caller ID to Jay Cutler you answer...LOL

You still allowed Sushi>?

Want to throw down this weekend?

I am back training for tone...Hahahahaha

BigAnt
01-03-13, 11:48 pm
I am over here more...

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/BigAnt

Only at Animal to check in on You-Al-Shukin-Guns...make sure you guys are not slacking
LOL

Some body say S U S H I ......

Shukin
01-04-13, 11:04 am
I am over here more...

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/BigAnt

Only at Animal to check in on You-Al-Shukin-Guns...make sure you guys are not slacking
LOL

Some body say S U S H I ......

At the end of the month I'll hit up some all you can eat sushi

Shukin
01-04-13, 2:58 pm
You know this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7K8uf8Qhmk

GUNS
01-04-13, 4:12 pm
Universal needs to bring back the boatneck sweat shirt!

DaveK
01-05-13, 1:04 am
You know this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7K8uf8Qhmk

Saw that. He was way jelled up back in the day lol.

DaveK
01-05-13, 1:05 am
Universal needs to bring back the boatneck sweat shirt!

I'd get a couple. Paula was just sayin the other day that I need a few mor shirts!

DaveK
01-05-13, 1:06 am
Slimfast; pick up your phone, bet if I changed my caller ID to Jay Cutler you answer...LOL

You still allowed Sushi>?

Want to throw down this weekend?

I am back training for tone...Hahahahaha

On nites. I dont even answer my mom. I'll hit you up.

DaveK
01-05-13, 1:36 am
PWO: 10 grams BCAA,15 grams Glutamine, Animal Nitro

Intra: BCAA/SILK Aminos

Delts:

Seated Press on Smith - x12, x10, 3x8, drop x 15
Standing Side Laterals - 6x10 up/down the rack, no rest
Kneeling One Arm Rear Delt on Fly Machine - 4x15
Standing One Arm Cable Front Raise with Rope - 4x12
Rear Delt on Pec Dec - 4x12
FST-7 on Seated Side Lateral Machine

Animal Nitro

Tris:

Pushdowns w/straight bar Big Al style - x15, x12, x10 wide grip ss x15, x12, x10 close grip
Rope Pushdowns - x15, x12, x10, drop x10
Overhead Rope Extensions - x15, x12, x10, drop x10
Lying DB Extensions - 3x10

PWO: 60 grams hydro whey, 10 grams BCAA, 10 grams Glutamine. 30 mins. - 50 grams white rice, banana, 5 grams Creatine, 20 ozs Gatorade.

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-05-13, 10:33 am
Outstanding work Dave! Like seeing the Nitro midway! Smart! People need to take notes from you!

Shukin
01-05-13, 10:39 am
http://25.media.tumblr.com/8bb7a02552b4c024631e887634ee9b62/tumblr_mg12swXYQi1s15tgzo1_500.gif

DaveK
01-07-13, 2:33 am
Outstanding work Dave! Like seeing the Nitro midway! Smart! People need to take notes from you!

Thanks...love it! Been a staple for years. Started taking it before and mid after watchin one of Evan's videos. I believe its made a big difference.

DaveK
01-07-13, 3:03 am
Up at 3 PM. Meal 1, water with Crystal Light, coffee. The switch to chicken is a pleseant change. Paula makes it like a stew with the 1 cup oats and 2 whole cage free eggs.

PWO: 10 gms BCAA, 15 gms Glutamine

Intra: 10 gms BCAA/SILK Aminos

Back:

Low back was a bit squimish today and I'm havin a bit of an issue with my neck from shoulders on Friday so I went moderate weight

DL's - 5x10
Pulldowns to the front - x15, x12, x10, drop 10
Low Row - x15, x12, x10, drop 10
Hammer MTS Reverse Grip One Arm Pulldown - x15, x12, x10, drop x10 w/5 sec hold
Hammer MTS One Arm High Row - x15, x12, x10, drop 10 w/5 sec hold
Hammer MTS Reverse Grip On Arm Row - 4x10 w/5 sec holds no rest

Animal Nitro

Traps:

DB Shrugs - 4x25

PWO: 60 gms hydro whey, 10 grams BCAA, 15 gms Glutamine. 30 mins meal 2 (actualy 4 on meal plan) 50 gms white rice, banana, 5 gms Creatine, 20 ozs Gatorade.

Off to work and meals 2,3 & 5. Meal 6 before bed.

Peace - DaveK

Shukin
01-07-13, 8:05 am
Robocop. Like a machine, love it.

DaveK
01-08-13, 4:17 pm
PWO: 10 grms BCAA 15 gms Glutamine Animal Nitro

Intra: 10 gms BCAA/SILK Aminos

Body's been tellin me to back off a bit. No break, just lowering the weights a little. Trying to keep the intensity the same w/less time between sets.

Chest:

Incline Bench on Smith Machine: 2x15, x12, 3x10, drop x10
Incline Hammer Press: x15, x12, 3x10, drop x10
Seated Hammer Press: x15, x12, 3x10, drop x10
Incline Fly: x15, x12, x10, drop 10
Seated Machine Fly ss with Cable Crossover: 3x12

Animal Nitro

Biceps:

Machine Preacher Curls: x15, x12, x10, x8, drop x8, drop x8
Hi Cable Curls with Cambered Bar, Wide Grip ss with Close Grip: x15, x12, x10, drop x15 w/5 sec holds
Cable Hammer Curls: x15, x12, x10, drop x10
Wrists Curls: 3x15

PWO: 60 gms Hydro Whey, 10 gms BCAA, 10 gms Glutamine. 30 mins: 50 gms white rice, banana, 5 gms Creatine, 20 ozs Gatorade

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-08-13, 4:44 pm
Noticed you only eat solid food in the form of carbs only after your post workout shake! Does the shake give you enough protein? I have been drinking an iso whey/ dextrose immediately after, then 1 hour later, a protein and carb meal. Am I overdoing the protein?

Great workout Dave!

DaveK
01-09-13, 9:30 pm
Noticed you only eat solid food in the form of carbs only after your post workout shake! Does the shake give you enough protein? I have been drinking an iso whey/ dextrose immediately after, then 1 hour later, a protein and carb meal. Am I overdoing the protein?

Great workout Dave!

Not at all. That's pretty much what I do. I feel that the whey is used so fast post that you need another solid meal (protein/carbs) about an hour after your post meal. My post meals are as follows: hydro whey immediately after. 30 minutes later rice, banana, creatine and Gatorade and then a solid meal an hour after that. George's theory for waiting 30 mins is the the whey has time to get in and the fast carbs acts as a plunger via insulin response into the muscle.

DaveK
01-09-13, 9:35 pm
Not at all. That's pretty much what I do. I feel that the whey is used so fast post that you need another solid meal (protein/carbs) about an hour after your post meal. My post meals are as follows: hydro whey immediately after. 30 minutes later rice, banana, creatine and Gatorade and then a solid meal an hour after that. George's theory for waiting 30 mins is the the whey has time to get in and the fast carbs acts as a plunger via insulin response into the muscle.

...as oposed to takig them all together.

DaveK
01-09-13, 9:58 pm
PWO/Intra

Focused on hams today

Life Style Seated Leg Curl - 4x15, 2x12, 2x10
Glute Isos on Seated Leg Curl - 4x25
Abductor - 3x25
Adductor - 3x25
Hammer MTS Standing Leg Curl - 3x15

Animal Nitro

Stiff Leg Deads - 4x10
Walking Lunges - 3x20
Leg Extension - 8x15, drop 10, drop 10
One Leg Press - 3x20

I tried to keep constant tension on my glutes, in between sets, throughout the entire workout. Especially important the closer I get.

Pissed I didn't squat!

PWO

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-09-13, 10:04 pm
PWO

No Intra

30 mins on treadmill. 2.7 mph at 2.5 to 15.0 incline. 375 calories.

ABS - 10 mins crunches

PWO

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-09-13, 10:16 pm

...as oposed to takig them all together.
Gotcha! The way it looked when you originally was like you had no solid protein. But now it make a ton of sense knowing you eat another one after your rice meal!

PWO/Intra

Focused on hams today

Life Style Seated Leg Curl - 4x15, 2x12, 2x10
Abductor - 3x25
Adductor - 3x25
Hammer MTS Standing Leg Curl - 3x15

Animal Nitro

Stiff Leg Deads - 4x10
Walking Lunges - 3x20
Leg Extension - 8x15, drop 10, drop 10
One Leg Press - 3x20

I tried to keep constant tension on my glutes, in between sets, throughout the entire workout. Especially important the closer I get.

Pissed I didn't squat!

PWO

Peace - DaveK

I have noticed alot of guys getting close start working ham/glutes more, and the stepmill to really bring'em out!
Keep it up brother! Looking good!

DaveK
01-09-13, 10:22 pm
Gotcha! The way it looked when you originally was like you had no solid protein. But now it make a ton of sense knowing you eat another one after your rice meal!

I have noticed alot of guys getting close start working ham/glutes more, and the stepmill to really bring'em out!
Keep it up brother! Looking good!

Love Love Love the stepmill! Ill start doing it regularly around 16 weeks

GUNS
01-09-13, 10:26 pm
Love Love Love the stepmill! Ill start doing it regularly around 16 weeks

Ive been taking notes, may hit the stage 2014! Want one more year to tune up!

DaveK
01-10-13, 6:32 am
Ive been taking notes, may hit the stage 2014! Want one more year to tune up!

It's a done deal brother Guns!

GUNS
01-10-13, 9:33 am
It's a done deal brother Guns!

Im gonna go up and watch the state shows and give some support, and secretly he shows are in June and July! Maybe Al will help me prep next year! But like I said, Im taking notes from you and a few others making your way to the stage!

DaveK
01-13-13, 12:04 am
PWO

Intra

Shoulders: Focused on rear delts today

Seated Military Press on Smith - x15, x12, 3x8, drop x10
Seated Rear Delt on Fly Machine - 3x15, drop x10
Rear Delt on Hi Cable - x15, x12, x10, drop x10
Bent Rear Laterals - 3x12
MTS Hammer Press - 3x15, drop x10
DB Front Raise - 3x12
DB Side Laterals - x15, x12, x10, drop x10

Animal Nitro

Tris:

Rope Pushdowns - x15, x12, x10, drop fail, drop fail, drop fail
Cable Overhead Press - x15, x12, x10, drop x8, drop x8, drop x8
Seated Machine Dips - 3x15, drop x10, drop x10, drop x10
Lying DB Extensions - 3x fail

PWO

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-13-13, 12:08 am
PWO

30 Mins on Treadmill
Calf Raise on Lifestyle Leg Press - 5x fail. 5 minute streatch

PWO

Pics to George tomorrow

Peace - DaveK

Shukin
01-13-13, 8:20 am
How far out are you now? How are you feeling?

DaveK
01-13-13, 12:09 pm
How far out are you now? How are you feeling?

They have not released the official schedule as of yet, but the Atlantic States is always the first week in June. Gives me about 20 weeks from now. The MNATS are the 3rd week in July, (27 weeks) and The North American is the last week in August which is appromimately 33 weeks.

DaveK
01-14-13, 9:15 am
20 weeks til the first show. Turnin the screws a bit. Keeping weights moderate for another couple weeks and throwing in some supersets along with drops.

PWO

INTRA

Back:

PDs to Front ss w/ Straight Arm PDs - 3x15
Close Grip PDs to the Front ss w/ Hammer MTS Reverse Grip One Arm PDs - x15, x12, x10
Wide Grip Low Row ss w/ Hammer MTS Reverse Grip Row - x15, x12, x10
T-Bars ss w/ Bent Over Row using EZ Curl Bar - 3x10 (bent rows were very light (100#), and slow)

Animal Nitro

Traps:

DB Shrugs - 4x25, drop 25

Abs - Precore Ab-x - 4x fail

PWO

Eat

Peace - DaveK

Shukin
01-14-13, 9:16 am
A man with a mission, always inspiring.

GUNS
01-14-13, 10:19 am
How did George like the pics?

Liking all the ss work! Conditioning! Solid work Dave!

Shukin
01-14-13, 10:55 am
Liking all the ass work!

WTF?

GUNS
01-14-13, 3:37 pm
WTF?

What can I say?

RK
01-14-13, 10:17 pm
Looking good brother! One workout, one day at a time.

With your back workout you do a lot of pulldown type movements before the free weights. Is that a Dorian type mentality of pre exhausting the muscle before compound movements to better feel the muscle work?

DaveK
01-16-13, 6:10 pm

With your back workout you do a lot of pulldown type movements before the free weights. Is that a Dorian type mentality of pre exhausting the muscle before compound movements to better feel the muscle work?

Primarily so. Especially when I pull first. It gives my low back a quick break before rows. Also, I'm able to feel rows better later in the session when my back has some blood in it. I think this is pretty common, Big Al usually does pulldowns first....

DaveK
01-16-13, 6:11 pm
What can I say?

Well fellas, I have been told I have a nice ass....LOL!!!

DaveK
01-16-13, 6:45 pm
PWO

Intra

Another day of moderate weight and supersets. I should say that the sets are not super in their truest form. I'm taking about 45 - 60 seconds in between and probably 3 minutes or so before moving to the next superset.

Chest:

Incline Bench on Smith Machine ss with Machine Flys - (2 warm up on bench) 3x12
DB Bench ss with Incline Fly - 3x12
Decline Bench ss with cable fly - 3x12

Biceps:

DB Curl ss with Preacher Machine - 3x12
DB Hammer Curl ss with EZ bar curl - 3x12
DB wrist curl - 3x15

PWO

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-16-13, 6:49 pm
PWO

30 minutes on treadmill. 2.5 - 3.0 MPH. 2.5 - 15.0 incline.

Precore Ab-x - 5x fail

PWO

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-16-13, 7:00 pm
Knees were happy today and had a real good range of motion. No supersets but only a minute between sets. Weight still moderate. Real quick pump.

PWO

Intra

Leg Extensions - 9x15
Standing Leg Curl - 7x15
Squat on Smith - 3x10, x12, x15
Hacks - 3x15

Animal Nitro

Leg Press - 3x25 (10 on bottom platform feet together. 15 on top platform feet apart)
Lying leg Curl - 6x15
Glute Iso - 3x15

PWO and eat!

Peace -DaveK

DaveK
01-16-13, 7:08 pm

Yo, sorry I didn't see you had a prep thread going. I'll def keep my eyes open for your next one...

GUNS
01-16-13, 9:18 pm
Looking good Dave! Glad the knees felt good. I have been walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes each day, not just legs, to get them warm. Sucks going in for any day and the knees are cold and achy!

DaveK
01-17-13, 9:53 am
Looking good Dave! Glad the knees felt good. I have been walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes each day, not just legs, to get them warm. Sucks going in for any day and the knees are cold and achy!

True dat brotha!

DaveK
01-17-13, 11:29 pm
Tonight was very good. Not sure if it was the Ox shoulder workout videos I watched before heading in or the vintage T Michael "BodyAlive" shirt from the 80's that I dug out of the mothballs. It was a little snug but I rocked it just the same! Meals 1, 2 & 3 in before training.

Got update back from George today. Only change was Meal 1. He pulled the 2 whole eggs and replaced with 4 egg whites. Weight was 249 this morning. 263 when I started "0ff Season" program from my rebound.

PWO

Intra

Delts:

Seated Military on Smith Machine - x15, x12, 3x10, drop x15
Arnolds ss with Side Laterals - x12, 2x10
One Arm Rear Delts on Fly Machine ss with Rear Delt on Pec Dec - 3x15
Rear Delt on Hi Cable w/Flexolate Straps ss with DB Front Raise - 3x12
FST-7's on Side Lateral Machine

Animal Nitro

Triceps:

Rope Pushdowns - 4x15, drop x10
Overhead Ropes - x15, x12, x10, x8, drop x8, drop x8
Single Arm Ropes - 2x15, x12, x10, drop x10, drop x10
Close Grip Bench on Smith - x15, x12, x10, drop x10

PWO

Meals 5 & 6

Sleep....Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-18-13, 9:37 pm
Meals 1, 2, 3 and 5 at work. Had 60 grams Multi-fraction whey in between 3 and 5 just because.

PWO

30 minutes on the stepmill

Calf Raise on Leg Press

PWO (meal 4)

Meal 6

Sleep

Back tomorrow morning. Goin to an engagement party for my sister tomorrow. Having a cheat in addition to other meals. Probably a burger, fries and a full lead Coke. Report pending.

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-18-13, 9:49 pm
Tonight was very good. Not sure if it was the Ox shoulder workout videos I watched before heading in or the vintage T Michael "BodyAlive" shirt from the 80's that I dug out of the mothballs. It was a little snug but I rocked it just the same! Please tell me it was one of those boatnecks! Bringing sexy back Dave?

So I take it George is happy. I didnt realize you weight that much? Thats solid man! You looked fairly lean when I was up there. What are you shooting for the contests? Im sure as big and lean as possible!

Ive been watching alot of vids pre-workout as well! Motivating as hell! Its amazing how much I love this sport! Want more and more every day!

Keep after it Dave, your keeping me motivated as well!

DaveK
01-21-13, 4:43 pm
Please tell me it was one of those boatnecks! Bringing sexy back Dave?

So I take it George is happy. I didnt realize you weight that much? Thats solid man! You looked fairly lean when I was up there. What are you shooting for the contests? Im sure as big and lean as possible!

Ive been watching alot of vids pre-workout as well! Motivating as hell! Its amazing how much I love this sport! Want more and more every day!

Keep after it Dave, your keeping me motivated as well!

Thanks Jimmy. Wasn't a boatneck although I do have a few of them too. Goal weight this year is 220, which would be +6 from last year. Usually make my rounds through all the top guys vids. Last month it was Kai. On an Ox kick now....no ****!

DaveK
01-21-13, 6:30 pm
Meal 1

PWO

Intra

Back:

DL's: 4x10
Pulldowns to the Front with Shovel Handle: x15, x12, x10
T-Bars: x15, x12, x10, x8, drop x15
Reverse Grip Pulldowns to the Front: 3x12
DB Rows: 3x10
Pulldowns to the Front: x15, x12, x10
Icarion Row: 3x12

Traps:

DB Shrugs: 4x25

PWO

Meal 2
Cheat Meal
Meal 3
Meal 5
Meal 6

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-21-13, 9:57 pm
Thanks Jimmy. Wasn't a boatneck although I do have a few of them too. Goal weight this year is 220, which would be +6 from last year. Usually make my rounds through all the top guys vids. Last month it was Kai. On an Ox kick now....no ****! Haha, Universal needs to bring the boatnecks back, lol! I have a few older ones as well!

Hey, nothing wrong with following a couple of the big fella's! Hell, Ive done it many times!

What kind of deads are you doing? Are you stopping mid shin, not touching the ground, or conventional?

Good looking day Dave!

RK
01-22-13, 9:53 am
Yo, sorry I didn't see you had a prep thread going. I'll def keep my eyes open for your next one...

No biggie. Next one will be up before you know it.

DaveK
01-24-13, 5:23 pm
Haha, Universal needs to bring the boatnecks back, lol! I have a few older ones as well!

Hey, nothing wrong with following a couple of the big fella's! Hell, Ive done it many times!

What kind of deads are you doing? Are you stopping mid shin, not touching the ground, or conventional?

Good looking day Dave!

For years I was going mid shin but lately I've been going to the ground. I always start from the rack.

DaveK
01-24-13, 5:45 pm
Meals 1, 2 and 3

PWO

Intra

Chest:

Incline Bench on Smith Machine: x15, x12, 3x10, drop x15
DB Bench: x15, x12, 3x10, drop x15
Decline Bench: x15, x12, 3x10, drop x15
Machine Flys: 3x12
Incline Fly: 3x12
Cable Crossover: 3x12

Biceps:

Cable Curls: x15, x12, x10, x10
CG Cable Curls: x15, x12, x10, x10
Preachers: x15, x12, x10, x10
Wrist Curls: 4x15

PWO

Meals 5 & 6

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-24-13, 5:50 pm
For years I was going mid shin but lately I've been going to the ground. I always start from the rack.I was doing the same thing from the rack! But dont have a rack now! So from the floor it is!

Thats some insane sets on the chest! Killer work Dave!

DaveK
01-24-13, 5:58 pm
Meals 1, 2 & 3

PWO

Intra

Legs:

Leg Extensions: 5x15, 2x12
Squats on Smith Machine (close stance): 5x10
Squats on Smith Machine (wide stance): 3x10
Leg Press: 5x15
Lunges: 3x15
Seated Leg Curl: 4x15
Glute Iso on Seated Leg Curl: 4x25
Abductor: 3x25

PWO

Meals 5 & 6

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-24-13, 6:02 pm
PWO

30 minutes on treadmill

Crunches - 5x100

Cardio still whenever twice a week. At 16 weeks or so I will begin 5-6 days upon rising.

PWO

Eat

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-25-13, 1:47 am
Work day. Meals 1, 2, 3 and 5 in before training. Standard when I'm on dayshift.

PWO

Intra

Shoulders:

Hammer Iso Shoulder Press - x15, x12, 4x10, drop x10, drop x15
Rear Delt on Fly Machine - 3x15, drop x15
DB Front Raise - x15, x12, x10, drop x10
Side Laterals - x15, x12, x10, drop 10, drop x10, single arm 3x5 (back and forth)
One Arm Press on Hammer Iso Low Row - 3x12

Tris:

Pushdowns - Wide Grip/Narrow Grip 3x10, 3x10, drop to fail
Dip Machine - 4x15
Overhead Cable Press - x15, x12, x10, drop x10, drop x10
One Arm Rope Pushdowns - 3x12, drop x10, drop to fail short reps contiuous tension

PWO

Meal 6

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-25-13, 9:25 am
Putting in some solid days Dave! Will much change in your workouts leading up to the shows, or will you keep them the same, just changing your diet and cardio?

DaveK
01-26-13, 6:48 pm
Putting in some solid days Dave! Will much change in your workouts leading up to the shows, or will you keep them the same, just changing your diet and cardio?

Ill probably move away from the heavier weights and stay with super sets. holds. slow and controlled reps and less time in between sets. But your are right, mostly diet and cardio changes.

DaveK
01-26-13, 7:01 pm
They may be bigger, more conditioned or a combination of both this summer...I may get beat by a better man...but I WILL NOT be out worked!!!! I'm dustin off the blinders and tightening the screws. The tunnel is drawing near....

DaveK
01-26-13, 9:04 pm
Meals 1 and 2 before training.

PWO

Intra

Back:

DLs: 4x10
T-Bars: 4x10
Pulldowns to the Front: x15, x12, 2x10
Pulldowns the Front: 3x8 holds x4
CG Pulldowns to the Front: x15, x12, x10
RG Hammer MTS Hi Row: x15, x12, x10
RG Hammer MTS Row: x15, x12, x10

Traps:

DB Shrugs - 4x25

PWO

Meals 3, 5 and 6

After 2 weeks of SSs and drops brought the power back. Body told me to do so and it felt good. Branch Warren style!

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-26-13, 10:37 pm
Got to have that power in there every now and then!

Im right there with you Dave! Ive always killed it no matter what, make the young guys puke and keep trying to come after me! They havent caught me yet!

BigAnt
01-28-13, 12:20 am
YEAH BUDDY-LIGHT WEIGHT~!

What up with your schedule this week?

DaveK
01-29-13, 12:14 am
YEAH BUDDY-LIGHT WEIGHT~!

What up with your schedule this week?

Start two weeks of nites. Off Wed and Thurs this week. Took Sunday off for Super Bowl.

DaveK
01-29-13, 12:19 am
Meal 1

PWO

30 minutes on Stepmill

Calf Raise on leg press - 5xFail

PWO

Meals 2 and 3, burger, chips, Oreos and ice cream, Meals 5 and 6

Pics to George

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
01-29-13, 12:37 am
All protein dropped to 6 oz except meal 5, which was dropped to 7 oz. Carbs and fats stayed the same.

Meal 1 and 2

PWO

Chest:

Incline Bench on Smith Machine - x15, x12, x10, 3x8
Hammer Incline - 3x15
DB Incline Fly - x15, x12, x10
Flat Bench on Smith Machine - x15, x12, x10, x10, 3x8
Cables - 3x15

Bis:

Hi Cable Curles - 3x10 wide grip ss 3x10 close grip
Low Cable Curl alt grip - x15, x12, 2x10
Cable Hammers w/Rope - x15, x12, 2x10
DB Wrist Curls - 4x15

PWO

Meal 3

Meal 5

Extra 6 oz chicken and broccolli cause its my first night work and im awake past my meals

Meal 6 before beddy bye

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
01-29-13, 10:52 am
Start two weeks of nites. Off Wed and Thurs this week. Took Sunday off for Super Bowl.

Priorities right here!

Dave, can I ask what your eating pre-bed! Ive stopped using protein powder for the time being! Felt like I was relying on it too much! my nightly meals have not been too good! 1 cup milk, 1 cup Greek Yogurt, 1 protien granola bar and some strawberries!

DaveK
02-01-13, 10:49 pm
Priorities right here!

Dave, can I ask what your eating pre-bed! Ive stopped using protein powder for the time being! Felt like I was relying on it too much! my nightly meals have not been too good! 1 cup milk, 1 cup Greek Yogurt, 1 protien granola bar and some strawberries!

It was 10 egg whites, two whole eggs and two tbs. Natty PB. Now George has me on 60 grams multi-fraction protein powder and 2 ozs. walnuts as my last meal. Around show time there were a couple meals of steak, white potatos and honey but I was carbing up so I wouldnt recomend that before bed. Im real old school with pre sleep or intra sleep meals being carb free because I feel that any insulin response will interfere with gh output during sleep. And lets face it, at our age the pituitary needs all the help it can get...lol. I would just say anything with clean protein and good fats.

DaveK
02-01-13, 11:01 pm
PWO

Intra

Leg Extensions: 4x15, 2x12, 2x10, drop x10, drop x10, drop x10
Seated Leg Curls: 6x15, drop x10, drop x10, drop x10
Adductor: 3x25
Abductor: 3x25
Standing Leg Curl: 3x15
Animal Nitro
Leg Press: 5x15
Glute Isos on Seated Leg Press: 4x25
Walking Lunges: 3x20

PWO

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-01-13, 11:04 pm
PWO

30 minutes on Stepmill

Lying Crunches - 5xFail

PWO

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-01-13, 11:23 pm
PWO

Intra

Shoulders:

Seated Shoulder Press on Smith: x15, x12, 3x10, drop x15
One Arm Rear Delt on Fly Machine: 4x15
Side Laterals: x15, x12, 2x10, drop x10
DB Front Raise: x15, x12, 2x10
HS Seated Press (facing in): 3x10
Animal Nitro
FST-7's on Seated Side Lat Machine

Tris:

Pushdowns w/straight bar: 3x10 wide grip ss w/3x10 close grip
Seated Dip Machine: 3x15
Icarion Tricep Extension: x15, x12, 2x10
Overhead Rope Extensions: 3x10, drop x10
One Arm Reverse Extensions w/flexolate straps: 4x10

PWO

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-01-13, 11:28 pm
30 minutes on Stepmill

Calf Raise on Leg Press - 6xFail (5 reps, stretch 5 sec, 5 reps, stretch 5 sec.....)

PWO

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
02-02-13, 12:14 am
It was 10 egg whites, two whole eggs and two tbs. Natty PB. Now George has me on 60 grams multi-fraction protein powder and 2 ozs. walnuts as my last meal. Around show time there were a couple meals of steak, white potatos and honey but I was carbing up so I wouldnt recomend that before bed. Im real old school with pre sleep or intra sleep meals being carb free because I feel that any insulin response will interfere with gh output during sleep. And lets face it, at our age the pituitary needs all the help it can get...lol. I would just say anything with clean protein and good fats.

Awesome! Trying to clean up my act with my food! I have not been a real clean eater! Ill have to try the eggs and PB. I think that would be really filling and hopefully last me a little longer. I usually go to be about 10, and wake up hungry by 2.

Workouts look gooooood! That leg day looks brutal with the pre exhaustion!

DaveK
02-04-13, 6:22 pm
Meal 1

PWO

Intra

Abs:

Hammer Ab: 4x25

Back:

Good Mornings: 3x15
Pulldowns to the Front: x15, x12, 2x10, drop x10, drop x10
Straight Arm Rope Pulldowns: x15, x12, 2x10, drop x10, drop x10
DB Rows: x15, x12, x10
Barbell Rows: x15, x12, 2x10, drop xFail, drop xFail
Hammer MTS RG Pulldown: x15, x12, x10
Hammer MTS RG Row: x15, x12, x10
Half Deads: 4X10

Animal Nitro

Traps

DB Shrugs: 4x25

PWO

Work - Meals 2, 3, 5, 6

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-04-13, 6:50 pm
Meal 1

PWO

Intra

Wanted to do pre-exhaust for chest today. Ended up doing bitch work all day. Oh well, hit it hard, decent pump...

Chest:

Pec-Dec: 3x15 warm up, x15, x12, x10
Cables: x15, x12, x10, drop x10, drop xFail
Machine Fly: 3x15 (machine needs a heavier stack. Tired of pinning plates)
Hammer Incline Press: x15, x12, x10, 2x8, drop x10, drop x10
Incline Fly: x15, x12, x10, drop 10
Hammer Bench: 3x12 slow continuous reps constant tension

Animal Nitro

Bis:

One Arm Hi Cable Curls: 4x12
Cable Curls: 3x15, drop CG 3x15
Cable Rope Hammer Curls: 4x15
Wrist Curls: 4x15

PWO

Work 2nd job, meals 2, 3

Home, meals 5, 6

Peace -DaveK

DaveK
02-04-13, 6:52 pm
Awesome! Trying to clean up my act with my food! I have not been a real clean eater! Ill have to try the eggs and PB. I think that would be really filling and hopefully last me a little longer. I usually go to be about 10, and wake up hungry by 2.

Workouts look gooooood! That leg day looks brutal with the pre exhaustion!

I wake up hungry all the time...sucks!!!

GUNS
02-04-13, 7:08 pm
Awesome work Dave! Good to see some forearm work in there!

C.Coronato
02-05-13, 8:59 am
How ya doing bro! Looks like this is gonna be a good year for you

RK
02-05-13, 6:29 pm
Inspirational as always, great work! Just settled into my new apartment, will have to meet up for a session soon

DaveK
02-05-13, 11:15 pm
How ya doing bro! Looks like this is gonna be a good year for you

Goin good, thanks! Same for you brother. I'm hearin real good things!

DaveK
02-05-13, 11:19 pm
Inspirational as always, great work! Just settled into my new apartment, will have to meet up for a session soon

Sounds good man. Glad to hear your all moved in. Sad to see the ole homestead go...so many good memories there. Next chapter though. Let me know if you need anything. Yea, we def need to hook up soon and hit it.

DaveK
02-05-13, 11:38 pm
Met BigAnt at the HAC today and we killed it! Thanks Ant!!!

Meal 1

PWO

Intra

Legs:

10 min warm up on bike and bullshit session
Leg Extension - 7x15, drop xFail, drop xFail, drop xFail
Squats on Smith Machine - 4x10
Plies Squats on Smith Machine - 3x15
Leg Press - 6x15
Standing Leg Curl - 3x15
Seated Leg Curl - 4x15

PWO

Meals 2,3,5&6

Its 1130 and my legs are absolutely smoked! Thanks to BigAnt for a great leg day. Always brings the intensity and we pushed some pounds!

GUNS
02-06-13, 9:49 am
Love to see you guys up there getting together! Getting together and training with friends is what its all about. Ive actually been looking for jobs up there! Hmmm!

Great legs day!

BigAnt
02-06-13, 1:35 pm
Damn you Dave...those smith machine squats !
My quads are very sore, hard to walk...LOVE IT!

Was a real shock to the lowers, have not used the smith to squat in years! Will bring it back into my leg protocal now....

Hope we can still keep this up-training once a week together!

DaveK
02-10-13, 2:42 pm
Damn you Dave...those smith machine squats !
My quads are very sore, hard to walk...LOVE IT!

Was a real shock to the lowers, have not used the smith to squat in years! Will bring it back into my leg protocal now....

Hope we can still keep this up-training once a week together!

It was a very good leg day brotha. I was banged up for a couple days. Still a bit sore today.

DaveK
02-10-13, 3:02 pm
Meal 1

PWO

Intra

Delts:

One Arm Rears on Fly Machine - 4x15
Bent Lats - x15, x12, x10, drop x10
Seaeted Press on Smith - x15, x12, 3x10, drop 10
Side Lats - x15, x12, x10, drop x10
DB Front Raise - x15, x12, x10, drop x10
FST-7s on Side Lat Machine

Animal Nitro

Tris:

Pushdowns w/close grip v-bar - 4x15
Overhead Cable Rope Ext - x15, x12, x10, drop x10
One Arm Reverse Pushdowns - 4x12 ss w/CG Push-ups

PWO

Work - Meals 2, 3, extra shake, 5, 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-10-13, 3:24 pm
Meals 1, 2 and 3

PWO

Intra

Back:

DLs - 3x10, 3x5
Bent Rows - 5x10
HS MTS Hi Row - x15, x12, x10
HS MTS Mid Row - x15, x12, x10
HS MTS RG Pulldown - x15, x12, x10

Animal Nitro

T-Bar - 3x10
Vinny Gs Pulldowns - 3x12

Traps:

DB Shrugs - 4x25, drop x15

PWO

Meal 5

Meal 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-10-13, 3:27 pm
30 minutes on Stepmill

Seated Calf Raise - 4x25

Precore Ab - 4x25

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
02-10-13, 4:40 pm
Great couple days Dave! And getting some accessory work in on Sunday! True champion right there!

RK
02-10-13, 6:40 pm
talk about some volume! How you been feeling? How close to your first show of the season?

DaveK
02-15-13, 4:27 pm
talk about some volume! How you been feeling? How close to your first show of the season?

June 8th. The Atlantic States. 16 weeks tomorrow. Strappin on the blinders and walkin into the tunnel!

DaveK
02-15-13, 4:45 pm
You all know those days when everything just feels so right. The bar melts into your hand, nothing hurts except what should, everything feels light and a sick pump from the first warm up. Well, today was on of those days!! I fucked my shit up!!!

Worked 7a to 7p. Got 4 meals plus an extra whey shake and about a gallon of water in before training.

PWO

Intra

Chest:

Incline on Smith - x15, x12, x10, x8, x6, drop x10, drop x10
DB Flat Bench - x15, x12, 2x10, drop x10, drop x10
HS MTS Chest Press - x15, x12, x10, x8, drop x10, drop x10
DB Fly - 2x12
Machine Fly - 2x10
FST-7s on Cables

Animal Nitro

Bis:

DB Curl - 3x12
Hammers - 3x12
Hi Cable Curl - 3x10 wide grip ss 3x10 close grip
Preacher Machine - 4x12, drop xFail, drop xFail
DB Wrist Curls - 4x15

PWO

Meal 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-15-13, 4:50 pm
Calves:

Seated Calf Raise - 4x25

DaveK
02-15-13, 5:01 pm
Another kickass day....on leg day for once! Gotta string a shitload of these leg days together!

Three meals in and 3/4 gal of water in before training.

PWO

Intra

Legs:

Leg Extensions - 8x15, drop x10, drop x10, drop x10
Squats - 5x10
Hacks - 4x10
Leg Press - 4x15
Lunges - 4x15
Lying Leg Curls - 8x15

Calves:

Leg Press - 8x25

PWO (meal 4)

Meal 5

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-15-13, 5:19 pm
Grabbed some last minute OT so I thought today was gonna suck ass. Only had about an hour to get it done. I was wrong...a real skin splitter!!!

Same today. Three meals in and about a gal of water before training.

PWO

Intra

Shoulders:

Nautilus Shoulder Press (thats right I said Nautilus) - 3x12 WG ss 3x12 CG
Nautilus Seated Laterals - 3x15
Cable Front Raise w Rope - 3x15
Rear Delt on Fly Machine - 3x15
DB Side Laterals - 3x15 palms back

Animal Nitro

Tris:

Rope Pushdowns - 3x15
Overhead Rope Extension - 3x15
One Arm Rope Pushdowns - 3x15
Nautilus Tricep Extension - 3x12

PWO (meal 4)

Work OT

Meal 5, 6, sleep

Peace - DaveK

Shukin
02-15-13, 6:43 pm
Puttin work in. How are you Dave?

DaveK
02-15-13, 9:14 pm
Puttin work in. How are you Dave?

Goin good Shukin...tightenin the screws!

DaveK
02-15-13, 9:16 pm
30 mins on stepmill

Calf raise on leg press - 4x50

All macros in. Time to sleep n grow.

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
02-16-13, 2:00 am
Goin good Shukin...tightenin the screws!

I did nt know you had any screws loose? Lol!

Shukin
02-16-13, 8:08 am
How do you compare yourself to this time last year?

GUNS
02-16-13, 10:41 am
Dave, you should have her do a video series on your food prep or a day in the life of Dave!

Shukin
02-16-13, 12:43 pm
Dave, you should have her do a video series on your food prep or a day in the life of Dave!

Shhhh!

on it

GUNS
02-16-13, 1:27 pm
Shhhh!

on it

;)

DaveK
02-16-13, 3:35 pm
I did nt know you had any screws loose? Lol!

Im knee deep in this sport Shukin...I got plenty!

DaveK
02-16-13, 3:37 pm
Im tired of police work for one day. Gettin the hell outta here and crushin some back and traps!!!

DaveK
02-16-13, 8:30 pm
Worked 7-4 today. Left 3 hours early to train. Meals 1,2 & 3 before training.

PWO

Intra

Life Fit Ab Machine - 4x25 ss with hypers 4x15

Back:

Pulldowns - 3x15
Standing Rope Pullovers - 3x15
BB Rows: 5x10
CG Pulldowns: 3x15
T-Bars: 2x10, x8, drop x12
HS Iso- Row: 3x15
Iso pulldowns: 3x12 5 sec holds

Animal Nitro

Traps:

DB Shrugs - 4x25

PWO (meal 4)

Meals 5 & 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-18-13, 6:23 pm
Had my yearly physical. All in order! Emailed blood panel off to George. Gotta get my cholesterol up. Its too low...lol. George is on it. Everything else is in good shape!

Meal 1

PWO

Intra

Chest:

Incline on Smith Machine - x15, x12, 2x10, 2x8, drop x10, drop x10
DB Bench - 2x15, x12, 2x10, drop x10, drop x10
Machine Fly - 3x15
Incline Fly - x15, x12, x10
FST-7s on Cables

Animal Nitro

Bis/Tris:

Cable Curls with cambered bar ss with v-bar pushdowns - 3x15
Hammer Curls ss with Lying DB Extensions - x15, x12, x10
One Arm Flat Preacher Curls - x15, x12, x10
Preacher Machine (angled bench) - 4x12

PWO (meal 4)

Work second job at Nutrishop

Meals 2, 3, 5, 6 extra whey shake

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-18-13, 6:27 pm
30 minutes on treadmill 3.0 mph to 15 incline

Precore Ab - 5x25

My Long Weekend at the Police Department...Beat, although Saturday was good cause I cut out 3 hours early.

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
02-18-13, 9:04 pm
Putting in the work even on a hard ass schedule! How much sleep on average are you able to get?

RK
02-20-13, 9:03 pm
Been doing Incline smith presses like you showed me, to the chin. Liking it a lot! Shorter range of motion but ive never had soreness in my upper chest area like i have using these.

Are you going to be training on saturday at all? Will be in the bucks area morning, early afternoon

DaveK
02-21-13, 6:46 pm
Putting in the work even on a hard ass schedule! How much sleep on average are you able to get?

The worst part of my matrix. Probably about 4-6

DaveK
02-21-13, 6:50 pm
Been doing Incline smith presses like you showed me, to the chin. Liking it a lot! Shorter range of motion but ive never had soreness in my upper chest area like i have using these.

Are you going to be training on saturday at all? Will be in the bucks area morning, early afternoon

Good job. They are real good. Ill be training at Body D early. Gotta be at a party by 1. Doin back.

Shukin
02-21-13, 7:19 pm
22's Mutha, gotta get those 22's!

DaveK
02-25-13, 10:50 pm
Treated myself to a nice birthday present....2.5 hours at Body Dynamics for chest, arms and calves. Been hittin an extra day of tris on Mondays with chest and bis.

Had a great birthday weekend with friends and loved ones...best b-day present ever!! The Universal Camp on Sunday was informative and inspirational as ever! All the instructors were great and their representation of Universals mission was spot on!

Meals 1,2, & 3 before training.

PWO - Storm, BCAA, Glutamine

Intra - BCAA/SILK

Chest:

Incline on Smith - x15, x12, x10, x8, x6, drop x10, x15
HS Iso Incline Press with average resistence bands - 3x10
Incline fly - x12, x10, x5, drop x5, drop x5
HS Iso Bench - x15, x12, x10, x8, x10, x8, drop x10, drop x10
HS Iso Bench with average reistence bands - 3x10
Fly Machine - 3x1
FST-7s on Cables

Animal Nitro

Bis/Tris:

Cable Curls ss with Rope Pushdowns - 3x15
Hammer Curls ss with DB Extensions - 3x12
Rope Cable Hammers ss with Pushdowns - 3x15
One Arm Preachers - 3x10
Overhead Rope Extensions ss with CG Hi Cable Curls - 3x15
DB Wrist Curls - 6x20

Calves:

Leg Press Calf Raise - 8x25

PWO (meal 4)

Meal 5, 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
02-26-13, 8:31 am
Happy Birthday Dave! Good to see you had a good one!

Lots of upper chest work, nice job!

DaveK
02-26-13, 12:56 pm
Happy Birthday Dave! Good to see you had a good one!

Lots of upper chest work, nice job!

Thanks! Paulie got me bands for my b-day. They're great!

Shukin
02-26-13, 12:59 pm
Great to catch up Dave, we gotta get together more often.

GUNS
02-26-13, 1:20 pm
Thanks! Paulie got me bands for my b-day. They're great!

Glad you got them, you will find all sorts of ways to use them. The leg extensions are pretty brutal!

DaveK
02-26-13, 8:39 pm
Great to catch up Dave, we gotta get together more often.

Most certainly

DaveK
02-26-13, 9:00 pm
Back to nights for two weeks. Stayed up late last nite and slept late to reset my vampire clock. Up at noon. Aminos and caffine right out of the rack before meal 1.

Meals 1 & 2 in before training

PWO - SHOCK, BCAA and Glutamine (I said Storm yesterday...duh!)

Intra - BCAA/SILKs

Legs:

Focused on hams today. Focus the key word. The mind muscle connection is so important! Weight was not a priority. Slow controlled reps. Squeeze at the top end. I also kept my hands on the muscle throughout the entire ROM to help with MMC.

Lying Leg Curl - 8x15, drop x10, drop x10, drop x10
Abductor/Aductor - x25, x20, x15
One Leg Press ss with Standing Leg Curl - 3x15
Stiff Leg Deads - 4x12
Leg Extensions - 7x15, 2x10, drop x 10, drop x10, drop x10
Icarion Hack Slide - 2x15, x20

PWO - 60 grams hydro whey. 30 mins later: 50 grams white rice, banana, 5 grams creatine, 20 ozs of Gatorade

Work - Meals 3, 5, extra multi-fraction whey shake, extra 6 oz. chicken/broc, Meal 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
02-26-13, 9:07 pm
Sent pics to George. Weight 247. Hes happy but might have to "eat up" soon. Eating into a show is always a good thing:-) Got bloods done and sent copy to George as requested. All in order except my cholesterol is a bit too low, which he'll fix with food. For now, diet is the same.

GUNS
02-26-13, 9:11 pm
When I was a cop in the Navy, I did 2 months days, 2 months of nights. The first few days are a little rough but I did really like the nights! So true about the mmc!

Great looking day dave!

DaveK
02-26-13, 9:34 pm
When I was a cop in the Navy, I did 2 months days, 2 months of nights. The first few days are a little rough but I did really like the nights! So true about the mmc!

Great looking day dave!

Id love that or at least a month of nights and a month of days. I might be going back in detectives in June at which time Id be back on steady days.

BigAnt
02-26-13, 11:33 pm
HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!

Us old guys gotta stick together!

So inquiring minds want to know...after the UBC on Sunday...do you go to Pat's steak? LOL

Can you train Thursday after 7pm or before 12 noon?

DaveK
02-27-13, 9:51 pm
HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!

Us old guys gotta stick together!

So inquiring minds want to know...after the UBC on Sunday...do you go to Pat's steak? LOL

Can you train Thursday after 7pm or before 12 noon?

Thanks Ant! Nah, I was a good boy....salmon, rice and broc on the way home. We'll definitely hook up!

DaveK
02-27-13, 9:57 pm
35 minutes on the treadmill. 2.5-15.0 incline 2.5-3.0 mph.

15 mins crunches
Kneeling cable crunches - 4x25

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
02-27-13, 10:03 pm
Dave, gonna miss you at the cage! But I know you got your sights set on target and your priorities set!

DaveK
02-28-13, 9:25 pm
Dave, gonna miss you at the cage! But I know you got your sights set on target and your priorities set!

Def gonna miss bein there but its on now!

DaveK
02-28-13, 9:51 pm
Meals 1 & 2 in before training.

PWO - Shock/BCAA/Glutamine (Love the Jersey Peach!)

Intra - BCAA/SILK

Warm up with light DB presses, rears, fronts, sides and rotators. I do this before every workout except Legs.

Delts:

Arnolds - 3x12, 2x10, drop x10, drop x10
DB Side Laterals - 4x12, 5 drop x10s
Smith Machine Press - x12, x10, 2x8, drop x15
Rears on Fly Machine - 3x15
HS Press (facing in) - 5x10, drop x10
FST-7s on Side Lat Machine
Cable Front Raise - 3x10

Animal Nitro

Tris:

Pushdowns - Couple feel sets, 4x10
Nautilis Tricep Press - 3x10
Icarion Tricep Press - 4x10
Reverse Cable Pushdowns w/Flex- o-Late straps - 4x12

PWO - 60 gms hydro whey, 50 grams rice, banana, 5 gms creatine, 20 oz Gatorade (meal 4)

Meal 3 - 6 oz salmon, 75 gms rice, broc

Meal 5 - 7 oz chicken, 8 oz yam, salad, 10 gms olive oil

Meal 6 - 60 gms multi-fraction whey, 2 oz walnuts

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-01-13, 11:25 pm
Slept late to reset for nites this weekend.

BCAAs/SILKs/Glutamine/Aminos/HMB right out of the rack

Meal 1: 6 oz chicken, 1 cup oats, 4 egg whites

PWO: Shock/BCAAs/Glutamine/Lucine/Aminos/HMB

40 mins on stepmill.
Calf raise on leg press - 5x50
Seated Leg Press - 6x20

PWO: 60 grams hydro whey, 50 grams rice, banana, 5 grams creatine, 20 oz Gatorade (meal 4)

Work

Meal 2: 6 oz chicken, 75 grams rice, broc, 10 grams olive oil
Meal 3: 6 oz salmon, 75 grams rice, broc
Meal 5: 7 oz chicken, 8 oz yam, salad, 10 grams olive oil
Extra 6 oz chicken, broc
Meal 6: 60 grams multi whey, 2 oz walnuts

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

BigAnt
03-05-13, 12:25 am
Legs...

Ready to train when you are, we both gotta be done by 4pm. Call me to set up location-time.

DaveK
03-07-13, 12:32 am
PWO

INTRA

Deads - 5x10
BB Rows - 3x10, x8
Pulldowns to Front - x15, x12,
Low Row Seated on a Dumbell - 4x10, drop x10
HS MTS RG Pulldown - 3x12
Giant Set - Pulldowns to Rear, Rope Straight Arm Pulldowns to Front, HS Low Row (standing) - 3x10
Hypers - 3x15

Animal Nitro

DB Shrugs - 5x25

PWO (Meal 4)

Slept til 2 PM. Meal 1 prior to training. Meals 2, 3, 5 at work. Meal 6 before bed.

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-07-13, 12:50 am
PWO

INTRA

Incline Bench on Smith - x15, x12, x10, x8, x6, drop x10, drop x15
DB Bench - x15, 2x12, x10, drop x10, drop x10
Decline Bench - 4x12
Incline Fly - x15, x12, x10
Machine Fly - 3x12
FST-7s on Cables

Animal Nitro

DB Curls - 3x12
DB Hammers - 3x12
Seated Curls w EZ Curl Bar (BigAnt style) - 4x12
Life Style Preacher Machine ss with Life Style Dip - 3x12
Rope pushdowns - 3x12
Cable cc Curls ss with Cable Kickbacks - 3x12

PWO (Meal 4)

Extra tri work again today. Slept til 3ish PM. Off today so playin catch up to get all meals in before sleep.

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-07-13, 1:07 am
Upon rise - Aminos, 10 gms BCAA, 5 gms Glutamine, 5 gms SILK, 3 gms AEE, 3 grms CEEM, HMB

Meals 1 & 2 prior to training

PWO - SHOCK, 10 gms BCAAs, 15 gms Glutamine,

INTRA - BCAAs/SILK

Leg Extensins - 8x15, drop, x10, drop x10, drop x10
Squats - x10, x10, 2x15, x8
Leg Press - 3x25
Standing Leg Curl - 3x15
Lunges - 4x15

Feelin legs again thank god. Hit 5 pps x8 on squats for the first time in a long time. Felt good!

PWO (Meal 4) - 60 gms hydro whey, 50 gms rice, banana, 5 gms creatine, 20 oz Gatorade

Meals 3, 5 & 6 before sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-07-13, 1:10 am
30 minutes on treadmill

Seated Calf - 4x25

15 minutes of ab work

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
03-07-13, 11:16 am
Damn strong squats Dave!

DaveK
03-07-13, 10:20 pm
Damn strong squats Dave!

Thank you sir. Gotta hit them every week from here on out. A must do!!!!

DaveK
03-07-13, 10:45 pm
Up at 2:30 PM. Aminos, BCAAs, Glutamine, SILKs, AEE, CEEM & HMB down the hatch!

Meal 1 - Oats, Chicken, egg whites, sea salt, Crystal Light down the hatch!

Meal 1 was my PWO today because of time.

INTRA - BCAAs/SILKs/Animal Nitro

Shoulders:

Press on Smith Machine - x12, x10, 3x8, drop 3x12
Seated Side Laterals - 3x12
Seated DB Press - 3x10, drop x10, drop x10
DB Front Raise - 3x12
One Arm Rears on Fly Machine - 3x15
FST-7s on Seated Side Lateral Machine

Tris:

WG Pushdowns - 3x15
CG V-Bar Pushdowns - 3x15
One Arm Rope Pushdowns (across body) - 3x12
Rope Cable Kickbacks - 3x10
Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions - 3x12

Traps:

HS Shrugs - 2x15, x25

PWO - Hydro Whey, Rice, Banana, Creatine, Gatorade down the hatch!

Meal 2 - Chicken, Rice, Broc, Olive Oil, Crystal Light
Meal 3 - Salmon, Rice, Broc, Sprite Zero (sorry ox)
Meal 5 - Chicken, Yam, Salad, Crystal Light
Meal 6 - Multi Fraction Whey, Walnuts....
.....down the hatch!

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-10-13, 12:10 pm
Pulldows to Front ss with HS MTS RG Hi ROw - x15, x12, x10
HS MTS Row ss with HS MTS Hi Row - x15, x12, x10
T-Bars ss with Standing HS Iso Row - 3x12
DLs off floor ss with Low Row sitting on a DB - 3x12
Hang 45 sec from chin bar - 3 sets

DB Shrugs - 4x25

Life Style Ab Machine - 4x25

Got my pre, intra and post in

Only 5 meals in cause coming off night work.

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-10-13, 12:12 pm
AM weight 248. Sent pics to George. The only change is that he pulled oils from all meals.

Peace - DaveK

RK
03-10-13, 4:25 pm
Inspirational as always! Volume freak at its best. What are your plans for this coming friday training wise?

GUNS
03-11-13, 11:09 am
AM weight 248. Sent pics to George. The only change is that he pulled oils from all meals.

Peace - DaveK

Interesting!

Youve been killing it, and I hate to say "as usual", but you always put in the work Dave! You are gonna destroy the competition man!

DaveK
03-12-13, 4:17 pm
Inspirational as always! Volume freak at its best. What are your plans for this coming friday training wise?

Im on days so Ill be training late

DaveK
03-12-13, 4:20 pm
Interesting!

Youve been killing it, and I hate to say "as usual", but you always put in the work Dave! You are gonna destroy the competition man!

I thought there would be more of a change but George says its like landing a plane...nice n easy. I guess thats why he don't like cheats and has had me clean since shortly after my last show. Thanks Jimmy.

DaveK
03-12-13, 4:33 pm
Pre-exhaust today

Warm-up rotators, rear, lat and front raises

DB Fly - x15, x12, 3x10
Flat Bench on Smith Machine - x15, x12, 3x10, drop x12, drop to fail
DB Incline Fly - 3x12
HS Iso Incline - x15, x12, x10, x8, drop x8, drop to fail
HS Iso Incline no weight/average resistance bands - 3x12
FST-7s on Cables

Animal Nitro

Hi Cable Curl w V Bar ss with Pushdowns - 3x15
Cable Curl ss with Overhead Ropes - 3x15
Hammers ss with DB Extensions - 3x12/3x15
Preacher Machine - 3x12, drop x12, drop x12, drop to fail

Wrist Curls - 3x15

Still doin some extra tri work on chest and bi day.

On day shift. 4 meals in prior to training. 2 meals post. 1 gal water.

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
03-12-13, 4:43 pm
I thought there would be more of a change but George says its like landing a plane...nice n easy. I guess thats why he don't like cheats and has had me clean since shortly after my last show. Thanks Jimmy.

Makes sense! I heard Ox say not to change what you eat, your system wont like the change. So keeping things simple seems right!

DaveK
03-14-13, 9:02 pm
Amino bro science protocol upon rising

Meal 1 prior to training - 1 cup oats, 6 oz chicken and 4 egg whites

PWO - BCAAs/Glutamine/Arginine EE

INTRA - BCAAs/Hydro Whey

Seated Press on Smith - x15, x12, 3x10, drop WG X15
Bent Laterals - x15, x12, x10
Rears on Fly Machine - 3x15
Behind Neck Press - 3x15
Side Laterals - x15, x12, x10, drop x6, drop x6, drop x8, drop x10, drop x10
Cable Front Raise with Rope - 3x12

Animal Nitro

Rope Pushdowns - 3x15
Rope Overhead Extensions - x15, x12, x10, 2 drop fails
Nautilus Tricep Extensions - x15, x12, x10
Rev Ext. w Flex-o-Late Stap - 3x15
Cable Kickbacks - 3x12

PWO - Hydro Whey/BCAAs/Glutamine. 30 mins - Rice/Banana/Creatine/OKG/Vits/Gatorade (meal 4)

Meal 2 - Chicken, Rice, Green Bean
Meal 3 - Salmon, Rice, Broc
Meal 5 - Chickem, Yam, Salad
Meal 6 - Multi Whey, Walnuts

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
03-14-13, 9:27 pm
Dave, things are looking great! Any pics or vids? People could only benefit from seeing how you train!

DaveK
03-14-13, 9:40 pm
I get asked all the time what I think is more important...training or diet. My response is always...it's 100% training...and 100% diet...and 100% supplementation and 100% sleep. I submit that this matrix has to be all equal, especially for physique athletes. If one suffers, I believe you can't reach your full potential. I will also take it one step further and add KNOWLEDGE to the matrix. If we stop learning...we stop! Strive to make them all equal...

Peace - DaveK

BigAnt
03-15-13, 12:25 am
I get asked all the time what I think is more important...training or diet. My response is always...it's 100% training...and 100% diet...and 100% supplementation and 100% sleep. I submit that this matrix has to be all equal, especially for physique athletes. If one suffers, I believe you can't reach your full potential. I will also take it one step further and add KNOWLEDGE to the matrix. If we stop learning...we stop! Strive to make them all equal...

Peace - DaveK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES-VERY TRUE!

I like to add a postive attitude to my Matrix...

DaveK
03-18-13, 10:54 am
Dave, things are looking great! Any pics or vids? People could only benefit from seeing how you train!

Definitly tryin to get that going. Shukin is givin me a hand. As you know, I bit the bullet and got back on FB. Posting there until I can get learn how to on here consistantly.

DaveK
03-18-13, 10:56 am
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES-VERY TRUE!

I like to add a postive attitude to my Matrix...

Yes, thanks Ant. PA is a must with the rest!

GUNS
03-18-13, 11:00 am
Definitly tryin to get that going. Shukin is givin me a hand. As you know, I bit the bullet and got back on FB. Posting there until I can get learn how to on here consistantly.

Awesome!

DaveK
03-18-13, 11:15 am
Up for work at 0530. Amino protocol down. Meal 1 an hour later. Meals 2, 3, and 5 at work. PWO including Animal Nitro before training. Intra including Animal Nitro during training. PWO (meal 4) and meal 6 before bed.

Pics to George. He was happy (so Im happy). The only change was to meal 4 (PWO). He dropped the rice, banana and gatorade and replaced with a form of dextrose with creatine 30-45 mins after my PWO hydro whey shake. His theory behind this is when we train (aerobically or anerobically) it stimulates GH production. As soon as we eat carbs, insulin stops the GH. So he waits to take advantage of the GH release. Hydro whey immediately after to begin recovery and aid GH release and then carbs with creatine at least 30 minutes later for insulin response to push it.

Back:

Pulldowns to Front - 3x15, 2x12
DB Rows - 3x12
HS MTS RG Pulldown - x15, x12, x10
HS Seated Iso Row - x15, x12, x10
Lifestyle Low Row sitting on a dumbell ss with Cable Rope Stiff Arm Pulldowns - 3x12
HS MTS RG Row - x15, x12, x10

Traps:

DB Shrugs - 4x25

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
03-18-13, 11:47 am
Makes sense on the post workout! Ive been using Al's post w/o but pretty much drinking it right away. What you gonna use as your dextrose?

DaveK
03-18-13, 9:41 pm
Makes sense on the post workout! Ive been using Al's post w/o but pretty much drinking it right away. What you gonna use as your dextrose?

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin. Basically a micronized dextrose.

Bronc
03-18-13, 9:51 pm

Peace - DaveK

Thanks for sharing this journey. Like others have said: great inspiration. Peace.

GUNS
03-18-13, 9:58 pm
Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin. Basically a micronized dextrose.

thanks!

DaveK
03-18-13, 10:11 pm
Amino protocol upon rising.

Meals 1, 2, and 3 before training.

PWO and Intra in.

Chest:

Incline on Smith - 2x12, 2x10, x8, drop x12, drop x15
DB Bench - 2x12, x10, x8, drop x10, drop x15
Pec Dec - 3x12
Incline DB Fly - 3x12
HS Incline Iso Bench with Average Resistance Bands - 3x12
Cables - x12, x10, x8, drop x12

Animal Nitro

Bis/Tris:

DB Curl - 3x12
DB Hammers - 3x12
Hi Cable Curls WG/CG - x15, x12, x10
Single Arm Preachers - 3x10

Rope Pushdowns - 3x15
Overhead Rope Extensions - 3x15

Wrist Curls - 4x15

Seated Calf Raise - x25, 4x15

PWO

Meal 5, 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-18-13, 10:13 pm

You can't go wrong with Al's post!

DaveK
03-24-13, 12:27 pm
Received my update from George at 11:30 on a Saturday night. Weighed in at 240 Saturday morning; down from 247 last week. He gave me more food tonight by upping carbs in meals 1, 3 and 5. All other macros stayed the same.

GUNS
03-24-13, 12:36 pm
Yay for carbs!

DaveK
03-24-13, 12:44 pm
11 Weeks out from the Atlantic States - weight 240

Amino protocol upon rising. Meal's 1, 2, and 3 before training.

PWO and Intra including Animal Nitro 30 minutes before and during training.

Back:

Deads - 5x10
Stiff Leg Deads - 3x10
Pulldowns to Front - 3x12
HS RG Pulldowns - 3x12
T-Bars - x15, x12, 2x10
BB Rows - x12, 3x10
HS Iso Row - 3x10, drop x10

Animal Nitro

Traps

DB Shrugs - 4x25, drop x15

Meal 4 (PWO), Meal's 5 & 6. Strength and endurance has been a bit off. Prob one reason why George upped my food.

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-30-13, 10:00 pm
AM amino protocol upon rising.

Meals 1, 2 & 3 in before training.

PWO & Intra including Animal Nitro 20 mins prior on an empty stomach and during training.

Shoulders:

Seated Press on Smith Machine: x15, 4x12, drop x10
Seated Behind Neck Press on Smith Machine: 3x12
Side Laterals: 3x12, drop x10, drop x10
DB Front Raise: 3x12, drop x10, drop x10
Machine Rears: 3x12
FST-7s on Side Lateral Machine

Animal Nitro

Triceps:

Rope Pushdowns: 3x12, drop x10, drop x10
Overhead Rope Cables: 3x12, drop x10, drop x10
Nautilus Tricep Extensions: 3x12
Reverse Cables w Flex-o-Late Strap: 3x15
Close Grip Bench on Smith Machine: 3x10

PWO: 60 grams hydro whey. 30 mins later, 60 grams dextrin, 5 grams creatine, 3 grams OKG (meal 4)

Meals 5 and 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-31-13, 9:46 pm
244 this AM. Up 4 pounds from last week. 3 changes from George. Dropped carbs a bit in meals 2 and 5 and pulled the walnuts from meal 6. No fats at all except from the salmon and chicken.

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
03-31-13, 10:03 pm
AM amino protocol upon rising

Meal 1 an hour later

PWO and Intra including Animal Nitro

Back:

HS MTS RG Pulldown - 2x15, x12, x10
HS MTS RG Row - x15, x12, 2x10
HS MTS Hi Row - 3x12
Low Row - x15, x12, 2x10, drop x15
Pulldown to Front - 3x12, drop 3x12 (squeeze for 8 + 4)
Stifflegs- 4x10

Animal Nitro

DB Shrugs - 4x25

PWO

Meals 2, 3, 5 + an extra 6 oz chick and GBs cause of nightshift

Meal 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
04-01-13, 9:21 am
Up 4 lbs, is that good? How you feeling? 10 weeks is gonna fly by! Looking great as usual Dave!

DaveK
04-04-13, 3:28 am
Up 4 lbs, is that good? How you feeling? 10 weeks is gonna fly by! Looking great as usual Dave!

Thanks Jimmy. Yea, I was comin down a bit to quick. Feelin flat and strength was down so George upped my food abit for a week and brought me back. Dropped it back down this week.

DaveK
04-04-13, 3:38 am
Incline on Smith ss with Incline Fly - 2x10
DB Bench ss with DB Fly - 2x10
HS MTS Chest Press ss with Machine Fly - 2x10
FST-7s on Cables

SS were very loose. Probably 30 sec rest in between

DB Curl - 3x12
Hammers - 3x12
CG Low Cable Curls ss with Pushdowns - 4x15
Preacher Machine - 4x12
CG Hi Cable Curls - 2x10

DB Wrist Curls - 3x15

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
04-04-13, 3:43 am
Leg Extensions - 8x15
Squats - 4x15, drop x15, x20
Leg Press - 4x15
Hacks - 3x10
Lunges - 3x15
Lying Leg Curl - 8x15

Peace - DaveK

RK
04-05-13, 8:32 am
did you have to take a nap half way through leg day? Talk about volume! every workout counts and you are making the most of it.

DaveK
04-09-13, 4:36 pm
did you have to take a nap half way through leg day? Talk about volume! every workout counts and you are making the most of it.

Lol...felt like it for sure

DaveK
04-09-13, 4:51 pm
8.5 weeks out. Got my update from George. Dropped carbs this week. Pulled yams from meal 5; just chicken and salad. Replaced salmon with chicken in meal 3. Upped rice by 25 grams in meal 2. Weight 246. Up 2 lbs. from last week.

Dayshift this week.

AM protocol upon rising.

Meals 1, 2 and 3 at work.

Meals 4, 5, and 6 PWO

Gal+ water. Cut diet soda and Chrystal light.

PWO + Intra

Chest

Incline DB Press ss with Incline DB Fly - x15, x12, x10
Decline Bench ss with Cables - x15, x12, x10
HS Bench ss with Machine Fly - x15, x12, x10

Bis

DB Curls - 3x12
Hammers - 3x12
Cable Curls with Cambered Bar - 3x12
Cable Curls with Rope - 3x12
Preachers - 3x12

Wrist Curls - 4x15

Calves

Seated Calf Raise - 6x15

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
04-09-13, 5:49 pm
How do you think you are looking compaired to this point on your last show. How is the weight compaired as well. Damn, wish I could be up there for this show!

DaveK
04-11-13, 11:17 am
How do you think you are looking compaired to this point on your last show. How is the weight compaired as well. Damn, wish I could be up there for this show!

I was 238 this time last year and not nearly as hard. All systems are a go Jimmy. There is so much to be said for eating clean and being on a structured program year round!

DaveK
04-11-13, 11:28 am
Focused on hams today

Seated Leg Curl - 4x15
Standing Leg Curl - 4x15
5 minute stretch

Leg Extensions - 8x15, drop x10, drop x10, drop x10
Power Squat - 3x12
Leg Press (wide stance) - 3x15
Leg Press (narrow stance) - 3x15
Walking Lunges - 3x15

Strength and fullness back up. Not too bad of a dip. Carb manipulation really helps to prevent a serious crash...physically, that is. Mental is another story...got full blown prephead!

A bit difficult to stay off the cardio first thing and keep it to two days a week since, at 8 weeks, Im always at six days as soon as I get up. But, I do what Im told without question. Guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
04-16-13, 10:37 am
AM Amino Protocol upon rising

Meals 1, 2 and chiro appointment before training

PWO and Intra

Chest

Incline Bench on Smith - 2x12, x10, 3x8, drop x8, drop x12
Flat Bench on Smith - 2x12, x10, 3x6, drop x10, drop x12
Incline Fly - 3x12
Fly Machine - 3x12
FST-7s on Cables

Animal Nitro

Biceps

Cable Curls (wide grip) - 3x15
Cable Curls (close grip) - 3x10
Cable Curls w/rope - 3x12
Icarion Preacher Curl - 3x12
Seated EZ Bar Curl - 3x12
Wrist curls - 3x15

PWO 60 grams hydro whey. 30 minutes later 60 grams glycofuse and 5 grams creatine (meal 4)

Meals 3, 5 and 6

Sleep

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
04-16-13, 10:45 am
Thats alot of damn work, period, and alot of work on those bi's! Great job Dave!

DaveK
04-16-13, 11:11 am
238 upon rising Monday morning (4/15) when I sent pics from George. Saw first real notable change over the past week. Prep has been nice and gradual. No huge dips as in past years; although this week was 8 pounds.

Received update this morning. Carbs back up. George put 12 oz of yams back into meal 5. All other meals stayed the same. Proteins: chicken, EWs...Carbs: oats, white rice and yams...Greens: green beans, broccoli, salad. Gal+ water per day.

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
04-16-13, 11:17 am
Thats alot of damn work, period, and alot of work on those bi's! Great job Dave!

Thanks Jimmy. Done in 90 mins. Trying to step up the intensity by dropping time to about 90 sec between sets. Had to make my first class of puppy kindergarten last night lol

GUNS
04-16-13, 3:12 pm
Thanks Jimmy. Done in 90 mins. Trying to step up the intensity by dropping time to about 90 sec between sets. Had to make my first class of puppy kindergarten last night lol

I seen on FB! Cutie!

Hey question on Nitro? I drink A7 throughout my workout, should I still slam Nitro post w/o?

I have been taking a pak of Nitro in the am on waking and my thoughts are the A7 is enough during the w/o. I know Nitro is EAA and A7 is BCAA. So,

Thinking about dropping A7 and mixing in the A7 with my UIW/Dextrose for Post and just sticking with Gat for intra keeping the Nitro for wake up?

Thoughts?

DaveK
04-18-13, 12:55 pm
I seen on FB! Cutie!

Hey question on Nitro? I drink A7 throughout my workout, should I still slam Nitro post w/o?

I have been taking a pak of Nitro in the am on waking and my thoughts are the A7 is enough during the w/o. I know Nitro is EAA and A7 is BCAA. So,

Thinking about dropping A7 and mixing in the A7 with my UIW/Dextrose for Post and just sticking with Gat for intra keeping the Nitro for wake up?

Thoughts?

Im sure you can't go wrong with that protocol. Nitro in the AM would certainly be enough to stop night time cat I would think as long as meal 1 is not too far behind; which Im sure you do.

I prefere to do my BCAAs pre with Nitro and glutamine, and intra along with SILKs and Nitro, esp when dieting. I believe the amino pools need support during intense training. As far as post, George says BCAAs arent really neccessary because your hydro whey or iso whey shake has plenty. George believes hydro whey is superior and I tend to agree. I wish Universal would come out with a straight hydro.

Bottom line, although timing is crucial for maximum benifit, as long as your system is getting ample amounts of aminos your good.

Just my thoughts.

D

DaveK
04-18-13, 1:12 pm
Had two training partners today! So very welcome since I usually train alone. Set timing was perfect with three. Like Greg Long always says, good training partners are so important!

Leg Extensions - 8x15-20, drop to fail, drop to fail, drop to fail
Squats - 5x15, drop x10, drop x10
Leg Press - 3x15, 3x8 up set (or reverse drop)
Abductor/Adductor - 3x20
Lying Leg Curl - 8x20, drop x10, drop x10, drop x10
Lunges - 2x15

Peace - DaveK

GUNS
04-18-13, 3:24 pm
Im sure you can't go wrong with that protocol. Nitro in the AM would certainly be enough to stop night time cat I would think as long as meal 1 is not too far behind; which Im sure you do.

I prefere to do my BCAAs pre with Nitro and glutamine, and intra along with SILKs and Nitro, esp when dieting. I believe the amino pools need support during intense training. As far as post, George says BCAAs arent really neccessary because your hydro whey or iso whey shake has plenty. George believes hydro whey is superior and I tend to agree. I wish Universal would come out with a straight hydro.

Bottom line, although timing is crucial for maximum benifit, as long as your system is getting ample amounts of aminos your good.

Just my thoughts.

DSounds good. Ill keep everything like it is. Nitro morning, followed closely by meal. Then A7 during, UIW post with Dex!

Had two training partners today! So very welcome since I usually train alone. Set timing was perfect with three. Like Greg Long always says, good training partners are so important!

Leg Extensions - 8x15-20, drop to fail, drop to fail, drop to fail
Squats - 5x15, drop x10, drop x10
Leg Press - 3x15, 3x8 up set (or reverse drop)
Abductor/Adductor - 3x20
Lying Leg Curl - 8x20, drop x10, drop x10, drop x10
Lunges - 2x15

Peace - DaveK

Always great to have a couple good partners around. Volume looks good, and brutal!

DaveK
04-19-13, 10:48 pm
Rotator warm ups

Seated Press on Smith - x12, x10, 3x8, drop x12
Seated Behind Neck Press on Smith - 3x12
Seated DB Press - 3x10, drop x10
Side Laterals - 2x12, x10, drop x10, drop x10
Cable Front Raise w Rope - 3x12
Rear Laterals on Fly Machine - 3x15

CG Pushdowns w V Bar 2x12, 2x10
WG/CG Pushdowns w Straight Bar - 4x12
Nautilus Tri - 3x12
CG Bench - 3x15
Reverse Pushdowns w Flex o Late - 4x12

30 Minutes on Treadmill

Peace - DaveK

Shukin
04-20-13, 9:02 am
Keeping at it I see Dave, way to go.

DaveK
04-26-13, 9:30 pm
Trained back and traps with RK this date at Body Dynamics. Check out his thread RK Digging Deep. We killed it! Thanks Ryan!

DaveK
04-26-13, 9:51 pm
Chest and Bis at Body Dynamics

Incline Bench on Smith
DB Bench
Machine Fly
HS Incline Bench with Light Resistence Bands
FST-7s with Cables

DB Curls
Cable Curls
Hammer Curls
Preacher Machine

Wrist Curls

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
04-26-13, 10:01 pm
Leg Extension
Standing Leg Curl
Inverted Leg Press
Power Squat
Lying Leg Curl
Icarian Kick Back

Drop Sets on Leg Extensions, Inverted Leg Press and Power Squat

Peace - DaveK

DaveK
04-26-13, 10:15 pm
Trained at Bev Francis Powerhouse Gym in Syosset, NY with Shukin and my GF Paula. Killed it! Lost count of how many sets I did at the East Coast Mecca! Got some cool gear and hit a diner afterwards...they warmed up meal 2 for me. It was a great day. Many thanks to Bev and Steve!

Seated Shoulder Press
Seated Side Laterals
Front Raises
DB Press
Bent Laterals
Rear Delt on Fly Machine
Face Pulls
Side Lateral Machine (really cool. Not too many gyms have one)

Pushdowns
Overhead Cable Extensions
2 different weighted Dip Machines
2 different Seated Tricep Extension Machines

Peace - DaveK