PDA

View Full Version : Your own CAGE Youtube videos

naturalguy
12-18-12, 4:51 pm
They just released a brand new YouTube app (right now just for iPhone/iOS, but Android should hopefully have it also) that allows you to instantly upload video to your Youtube page and integrate it with other social networking platforms. It's almost like posting up videos in real time. You can find out more about it here in this article:http://www.macworld.com/article/2021076/hands-on-with-youtube-capture-for-ios.html. To download it, go to the iTunes store and look for the app, Youtube Capture put out by Google.

Some of my favorite videos from the past years of the Cage have been videos that you guys, the members, post. Now, it should be made that much easier. You should try this new app out. I know I would personally like to see your videos uploaded live from The Cage so that others who can't attend might see them. Maybe we can tie this into something.

Rage
12-18-12, 7:36 pm
They just released a brand new YouTube app (right now just for iPhone/iOS, but Android should hopefully have it also) that allows you to instantly upload video to your Youtube page and integrate it with other social networking platforms. It's almost like posting up videos in real time. You can find out more about it here in this article:http://www.macworld.com/article/2021076/hands-on-with-youtube-capture-for-ios.html. To download it, go to the iTunes store and look for the app, Youtube Capture put out by Google.

Some of my favorite videos from the past years of the Cage have been videos that you guys, the members, post. Now, it should be made that much easier. You should try this new app out. I know I would personally like to see your videos uploaded live from The Cage so that others who can't attend might see them. Maybe we can tie this into something.

I found it in the app store on my iphone but had to search google youtube then scroll through the options and it was like the 7th or 8th one on the list. Pretty easy to set up.

C.Coronato
12-19-12, 10:15 am
Got it. Looks like it will be a good new feature to add!

Aggression
12-19-12, 10:20 am
Just took a video and uploading as we speak. Let's see what it looks like ..

Kowboy
12-19-12, 10:28 am
I will see what I have. I know I have P vs Higa and the No Handed Squat.

Aggression
12-19-12, 10:29 am
Just took a video and uploading as we speak. Let's see what it looks like ..

This shit is uploading slow as hell. Been 8min and only at 13% (30s video). And it just crashed too.

naturalguy
12-19-12, 12:55 pm
I found it in the app store on my iphone but had to search google youtube then scroll through the options and it was like the 7th or 8th one on the list. Pretty easy to set up.

Let us know how it works, if it's easy/quick to upload

This shit is uploading slow as hell. Been 8min and only at 13% (30s video). And it just crashed too.

That is not a good start lol

Aggression
12-19-12, 1:04 pm
That is not a good start lol

Crashed a 2nd time and I just closed it out/gave up. Looks like they need to work out the bugs. As a disclaimer, I don't get great service back in my corner. I will try to take a clip from training tonight and post it up there. We'll see if that makes any difference.

Nix0r
12-19-12, 1:27 pm
Crashed a 2nd time and I just closed it out/gave up. Looks like they need to work out the bugs. As a disclaimer, I don't get great service back in my corner. I will try to take a clip from training tonight and post it up there. We'll see if that makes any difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Seriously though, I don't necessarily see the point with any sort of almost real-time uploading to YouTube. Especially at the Arnold, trying to do anything data-wise on your phone is the better part of pointless, because there are so many damn people there. Pulling up your email / Facebook / Twitter / Google+ (yes I use it, screw off) takes the better part of forever. And then if you're trying to upload something...forget it. I'd rather just take the video and upload it later when I get back to the hotel.

naturalguy
12-19-12, 1:33 pm
Seriously though, I don't necessarily see the point with any sort of almost real-time uploading to YouTube. Especially at the Arnold, trying to do anything data-wise on your phone is the better part of pointless, because there are so many damn people there. Pulling up your email / Facebook / Twitter / Google+ (yes I use it, screw off) takes the better part of forever. And then if you're trying to upload something...forget it. I'd rather just take the video and upload it later when I get back to the hotel.

That was a problem last year, everyone was using the data, I had trouble just sending a simple text message at one point.

Razor
12-19-12, 6:28 pm
Man i heard abotu this so glad it got green lit so fast! This is going to be awesome!