PDA

View Full Version : Asked to leave your gym

P Diesel
12-27-12, 9:12 pm
i was asked to leave my gym today, not for the day but permanently, for being 'too intimidating' to certain members. 'this isnt the right place for ya'. i may agree with that statement.

my boy ive known for goin on 11 years owns the place and i dnt fault him for his decision. there is a great distinction betwen friendship and business, if im hurting his business for sum reason i must go.

i store all of my training equipment there for anyone to use and pay no gym dues. i help when needed, but when i train, i train.

i know what i look like and i know what most ppl think of me. ive made myself this way so i cant feel bad about it, nor should i. i thought. maybe im too intense, keep to myself too much, maybe im too focused, maybe too big of a dickhead to ppl. the funny thing is i was just thinking the other day how i need to turn up the intensity, get my shit together and focus more and take less time out to help others and ask ppl how their day was and more on gettin in and gettin out so i can get home eat and sleep.

society doesn't like most of us, or hold us in high regard. stares of disgust or disdain or the shuffling of small children away from u as u walk down the sidewalk go unnoticed by this point. but the one place where i used to belong was in the gym. i suppose by this time is depends on the gym. im runnign out of room to live to appears.

but time moves on and so must i

P

B.D.Smash
12-27-12, 10:43 pm
Sorry to hear that P. As the old saying goes though "one door closes...another one opens"

our gyms are like our churches to us and even though you've been very respectful to your friend, I can imagine this still hurts.

Good luck with your new gym and here's hoping it leads to bigger and better things for you.

GRTGDN
12-28-12, 12:12 am
Sorry to hear that, bro. However, this isn't the first time I've heard of someone being asked to leave a gym permanently. I would guess it happens more often than we all think.

BigChrisF
12-28-12, 12:41 am
Yeah, I've been kicked out of a few gyms too. Investing in my own equipment has really been a worthwhile venture.

Razor
12-28-12, 8:33 am
Holy shit. Your boy owns the gym and he asked for you to leave? That's insane. I wonder what kinda shit ppl were saying about you. P you're a freak but in no way would i ever think you'd be kicked out of a place. I could understand if ppl are harassing other members. Hell i just heard a story the other day of a dude that was kicked out of my guy because he was a peeping tom apparently!

BRIGNAC
12-28-12, 9:14 am
Damn bro that is rough! I was kicked out my old gym to. Tho it was a planet fitness so its not very brag worthy lol

IrishMike
12-28-12, 9:28 am
I'm only about 16 months into my journey.

A rookie if you will.

When people see Bodybuilder or power lifters of your stature, I think they go one of two ways.

They either see the results and the hard work that it took to achieve that goal and respect it, model their plan after it or they realize that they don't want it as bad as you do.

With the later, they'd rather dismiss you and your accomplishments, than to face their own cowardice.

It's a shame, best of luck finding a new place.

For the record, every time that I have trouble getting in my last rep, I think of you shredding your shin dead lifting in the cage.

You're an inspiration and I wish you all the best

Aggression
12-28-12, 9:34 am
Wow. Sorry to hear that, bro. Guess it's time to relocate to the Jersey Shore and come train with us.

C.Coronato
12-28-12, 10:39 am
Wow. Sorry to hear that, bro. Guess it's time to relocate to the Jersey Shore and come train with us.

I second that.

Universal Rep
12-28-12, 11:12 am
Thats tough to bear PD. Good luck findin a new place to call home brotha...

Big Wides
12-28-12, 12:08 pm
you can come train at my gym, i would like to see the faces of the Globo Elite as they shit their pants with the training that would go down

P Diesel
12-28-12, 5:06 pm
ppl are soft nowadays

P Diesel
12-28-12, 5:10 pm

I second that.

Thats tough to bear PD. Good luck findin a new place to call home brotha...

you can come train at my gym, i would like to see the faces of the Globo Elite as they shit their pants with the training that would go down

ill b like the traveling lifter. livin outta my car until i grow out of it. hittin new gyms w ya'll every week.

P

P Diesel
12-28-12, 5:12 pm
Sorry to hear that P. As the old saying goes though "one door closes...another one opens"

our gyms are like our churches to us and even though you've been very respectful to your friend, I can imagine this still hurts.

Good luck with your new gym and here's hoping it leads to bigger and better things for you.

I'm only about 16 months into my journey.

A rookie if you will.

When people see Bodybuilder or power lifters of your stature, I think they go one of two ways.

They either see the results and the hard work that it took to achieve that goal and respect it, model their plan after it or they realize that they don't want it as bad as you do.

With the later, they'd rather dismiss you and your accomplishments, than to face their own cowardice.

It's a shame, best of luck finding a new place.

For the record, every time that I have trouble getting in my last rep, I think of you shredding your shin dead lifting in the cage.

You're an inspiration and I wish you all the best

thank u for the words my brothas, i will find a place. never stop

Holy shit. Your boy owns the gym and he asked for you to leave? That's insane. I wonder what kinda shit ppl were saying about you. P you're a freak but in no way would i ever think you'd be kicked out of a place. I could understand if ppl are harassing other members. Hell i just heard a story the other day of a dude that was kicked out of my guy because he was a peeping tom apparently!

no tom-peepery on my part, yet! saving that for Jersey Shore Fitness ;)

P

GUNS
12-28-12, 5:22 pm
i was asked to leave my gym today, not for the day but permanently, for being 'too intimidating' to certain members. 'this isnt the right place for ya'. i may agree with that statement.

my boy ive known for goin on 11 years owns the place and i dnt fault him for his decision. there is a great distinction betwen friendship and business, if im hurting his business for sum reason i must go.

i store all of my training equipment there for anyone to use and pay no gym dues. i help when needed, but when i train, i train.

i know what i look like and i know what most ppl think of me. ive made myself this way so i cant feel bad about it, nor should i. i thought. maybe im too intense, keep to myself too much, maybe im too focused, maybe too big of a dickhead to ppl. the funny thing is i was just thinking the other day how i need to turn up the intensity, get my shit together and focus more and take less time out to help others and ask ppl how their day was and more on gettin in and gettin out so i can get home eat and sleep.

society doesn't like most of us, or hold us in high regard. stares of disgust or disdain or the shuffling of small children away from u as u walk down the sidewalk go unnoticed by this point. but the one place where i used to belong was in the gym. i suppose by this time is depends on the gym. im runnign out of room to live to appears.

P

Wow! Insane my brotha! This is not you man! Not your fault! Fucking hardcore gyms are dying, and so is hardcore training! Like you said, society these days cant handle it! Do turn up the intensity, Do get your shit together, Do focus more, Do take less time out to help othersand ask how ppls days are! Your in there to train for you! If ppl dont like it, thats just too fucking bad! If someone wants advice, wants to talk, they'll just hjave to wait till after your done! If they are even lucky enough to get your time!

Hope you find somewhere to train the way you need to! Hell, go hit total fitness at Al's! I know youll be welcome there! Respect brother!

IrishMike
12-28-12, 5:24 pm
People that have a problem with hardcore should join curves

papercut
12-28-12, 5:41 pm
People that have a problem with hardcore should join curves

or planet fitness....

sorry to hear this P. granted you and I have never had any real conversations with eachother and I'm not overly active on the Forvm (I lurk everyday and read everything though) you've always seemed like a good guy to me and seems like you've been the victim to misconception. keep grinding and I hope you find a new home.

GUNS
12-28-12, 5:47 pm
or planet fitness....

sorry to hear this P. granted you and I have never had any real conversations with eachother and I'm not overly active on the Forvm (I lurk everyday and read everything though) you've always seemed like a good guy to me and seems like you've been the victim to misconception. keep grinding and I hope you find a new home.

P is an awesome guy! No reason for this, I dont care how intimidating, or how hardore you train! Good post papercut!

rainman
12-28-12, 6:02 pm
Having to change gyms myself about 6 months back, although not for the same reasons as you, I sympathize. You've got a hell of a good attitude about it. You are right that it seems like actual strength training seems to be a secondary concern amongst most gym goers nowadays.

Got to ask though... was it that oxygen mask you've taken to wearing?

MAB
12-28-12, 8:53 pm
My vote is to take this as a compliment. The average gym going Joe just can't cope with your intensity (and the fact that you feel your intensity isn't up to par speaks volumes). Isn't there a gym owned by a fellow Animal that's close to opening in PA? Is it close enough to you?

Big C
12-28-12, 8:58 pm
If you get intimidated by others and have to get a dude removed from the gym, you got issues. A gym isn't a f****** country club.

When I was getting started in the game I was one of the smallest guys in there but there were some beasts that were intense - that motivated the hell outta me to get on their level one day.

Shukin
12-28-12, 10:28 pm
11 years gone in a instant. Bummer, I must say, when i trained with you at Big Al's (which isn't too far from you, hint hint) I found you to be one of the most supportive and helpful people I've met......

Respect,
Shukin

BigChrisF
12-29-12, 1:46 am
Wow! Insane my brotha! This is not you man! Not your fault! Fucking hardcore gyms are dying, and so is hardcore training! Like you said, society these days cant handle it! Do turn up the intensity, Do get your shit together, Do focus more, Do take less time out to help others and ask how ppls days are! Your in there to train for you! If ppl dont like it, thats just too fucking bad! If someone wants advice, wants to talk, they'll just hjave to wait till after your done! If they are even lucky enough to get your time!

Hope you find somewhere to train the way you need to! Hell, go hit total fitness at Al's! I know youll be welcome there! Respect brother!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Fxx4X4S90

BOSS
12-29-12, 5:10 am
Well I too was kicked out of the Gold's in my area. apparently for using chalk and whatever else you can imagine. So I'm opening my own gym. Not only will it be awesome but something of a safe haven for lifters like us who have been marginalized by the various "real" and "hardcore" gyms in the area. Anyone in or visiting the bay area wanting to train properly check it out. We are opening this January. Hit me up for details.

Good luck P

GUNS
12-29-12, 11:06 am

good find! True!

P Diesel
12-29-12, 11:21 am
Wow! Insane my brotha! This is not you man! Not your fault! Fucking hardcore gyms are dying, and so is hardcore training! Like you said, society these days cant handle it! Do turn up the intensity, Do get your shit together, Do focus more, Do take less time out to help othersand ask how ppls days are! Your in there to train for you! If ppl dont like it, thats just too fucking bad! If someone wants advice, wants to talk, they'll just hjave to wait till after your done! If they are even lucky enough to get your time!

P is an awesome guy! No reason for this, I dont care how intimidating, or how hardore you train! Good post papercut!

my brotha!!

P

P Diesel
12-29-12, 11:33 am
My vote is to take this as a compliment. The average gym going Joe just can't cope with your intensity (and the fact that you feel your intensity isn't up to par speaks volumes). Isn't there a gym owned by a fellow Animal that's close to opening in PA? Is it close enough to you?

gotta keep urself in check and hold urself accountable. if i wont b real with myself how i can ever speak to others about it.

yea Dave's spot he is opening sounds absurd! it is about an hour away and i would def hit it a few times a week. not sure when its up and running tho.

If you get intimidated by others and have to get a dude removed from the gym, you got issues. A gym isn't a f****** country club.

When I was getting started in the game I was one of the smallest guys in there but there were some beasts that were intense - that motivated the hell outta me to get on their level one day.

in complete agreement. much how i grew up and got my start. surrounded by monsters in lifters' gyms. a little wild to watch when i was a young guy but i through myself into the mix. i fear the new generations are weak and timid.

11 years gone in a instant. Bummer, I must say, when i trained with you at Big Al's (which isn't too far from you, hint hint) I found you to be one of the most supportive and helpful people I've met......

Respect,
Shukin

Shuk, thanks for the words homey. i dnt want it to come off that way, he is my boy regardless and money out of his pocket is money not feedin his family. its not a lifters gym by any means. they give me a ton of room to train how i need to and store my shit. he'd much rather be bustin heads and slingin' iron as well, but that just isnt where the money is, and i know that. i bought myself a little time to find a new spot and yes Al's is about a half hour hmmm.

Well I too was kicked out of the Gold's in my area. apparently for using chalk and whatever else you can imagine. So I'm opening my own gym. Not only will it be awesome but something of a safe haven for lifters like us who have been marginalized by the various "real" and "hardcore" gyms in the area. Anyone in or visiting the bay area wanting to train properly check it out. We are opening this January. Hit me up for details.

Good luck P

ive had similar thoughts toward my own facility. perhaps in the future. haha i actually just talked to my boy about building a large shed in his yard, throwin in a small space heater for winter(u fuckin West Coast fellas dnt gotta worry about that haha) and training olllld old school. i miss shit like that. when i find myself out ur way ill def swing by ur spot

P

TigerAce01
12-29-12, 12:17 pm
I take that as a compliment. I've been asked to leave a couple of the places around here. Each time it happened I just realized I had outgrown the place...

-Ace

BRIGNAC
12-29-12, 1:13 pm
Damn P. Definitly keep grindin youll find a new better place to call home. All the respect you have here you are sure to find a place. You sure have made a name for yourself here that is certain I dont know and have never met many of you on the forvm but I know that one day i will hopefully get to travel to different ABC's around and meet the community we have here that i definitly look up to.

HIGA MONSTER
12-29-12, 4:00 pm
Throwin in a small space heater for winter(u fuckin West Coast fellas dnt gotta worry about that haha)...

P
Thats fuckin bullshit.

We don't have no heat at Imperial CrossFit, so don't fuckin clown us West Coasters that we don't train in the cold too.
You try doing Yoke Walks in 30 degrees you bearded muthafucka....

HIGA MONSTER

Bruiser
12-29-12, 4:03 pm
Thats fuckin bullshit.

We don't have no heat at Imperial CrossFit, so don't fuckin clown us West Coasters that we don't train in the cold too.

HIGA MONSTER

Quit whining... it hasn't been above 40 degrees in my garage/gym all winter.

HIGA MONSTER
12-29-12, 5:10 pm
Quit whining... it hasn't been above 40 degrees in my garage/gym all winter.
Not whining...just showing P that West Coasters aren't just in SoCal.

The Pacific NW thinks 50 degrees is a tank top day, so don't let me send Sir Mix a-Lot on your ass either....

HIGA MONSTER

P Diesel
12-29-12, 6:20 pm
Thats fuckin bullshit.

HIGA MONSTER

West Coast is the best coast huh? but the beasts come from the East. walking lunges, up hill, 25 degrees pahtna. ay yo, my man, dnt pull my beard into this. its done nuthin to u. Samoans cant have husky beards.

P

GUNS
12-29-12, 8:57 pm
It hasnt been below 65 but maybe, maybe 2 times this year! Tropical conditions down here boys! Come get some!

HIGA MONSTER
12-30-12, 12:00 am
West Coast is the best coast huh? but the beasts come from the East. walking lunges, up hill, 25 degrees pahtna. ay yo, my man, dnt pull my beard into this. its done nuthin to u. Samoans cant have husky beards.

P
My bad...Santa didn't give me an Oxygen Deprivation Mask.

So I can't do walking lunges uphill like you on South Street.

HIGA MONSTER

intoodeep25
12-30-12, 1:09 am
its so cold here in florida...

brrr

B.D.Smash
01-03-13, 8:10 pm
My bad...Santa didn't give me an Oxygen Deprivation Mask.

So I can't do walking lunges uphill like you on South Street.

HIGA MONSTER

hahaha...Australian here. Not too much to worry about with the weather but when you find a redback in your shoe when you take them off to do squats.....the fucking temperature is the last thing on your mind.

P Diesel
01-03-13, 10:44 pm
hahaha...Australian here. Not too much to worry about with the weather but when you find a redback in your shoe when you take them off to do squats.....the fucking temperature is the last thing on your mind.

hahaha .. for all of us in the states, whats a redback bro? a spider?

P

N. Motta
01-03-13, 10:47 pm
its so cold here in florida...

brrr

Whats cold to you? High of 11 here today. Low humidity tho, so not too bad.

intoodeep25
01-03-13, 11:30 pm
Whats cold to you? High of 11 here today. Low humidity tho, so not too bad.

sarcasm my dude. i wear a sweater like once a year here lol

BigChrisF
01-04-13, 1:14 am
I think it was 19 today and I was working outside in a t-shirt and jeans. I was freaking blue and freezing to death.

N. Motta
01-04-13, 6:18 am
sarcasm my dude. i wear a sweater like once a year here lol

Haha. Damn you, your temperate climate and your sarcasm!

intoodeep25
01-04-13, 4:33 pm
Haha. Damn you, your temperate climate and your sarcasm!

hahahaha. florida is an odd place to live during the winter. cut off tee and shorts on christmas just feels strange. at 270lbs i basically just ooze sweat all year round here lol

P Diesel
01-24-13, 2:53 pm
so, today was it ... gotta find a new home

P

GUNS
01-24-13, 2:54 pm
Well hell, come on down, we can hit up the base gym here anytime you want!

Altered Beast
01-24-13, 3:08 pm

P

DON'T YOU DARE feel even the slightest bit sorry or worried.

There ain't a damn thing wrong with you. If it's a pussy gym, you shouldn't be there anyway!

P Diesel
01-24-13, 6:19 pm
Well hell, come on down, we can hit up the base gym here anytime you want!

soon my brother!

DON'T YOU DARE feel even the slightest bit sorry or worried.

There ain't a damn thing wrong with you. If it's a pussy gym, you shouldn't be there anyway!

Thank u for the vote of confidence.

Soooo surprise! Ur two days out from a meet, for fun or not. Trying to lose those last few lbs before early weigh ins tomorrow night. Annnd u dnt have a gym. I did what any red blooded American would do, trash bagged it, turned the hot water on in the shower, through my hoodie on top, shut the door and ran in place :). Fuck it right, the show must go on.

I am gna b splitting time between our weight room at work and down at Total Fitness w Big Al, on the weekends I plan on headin up to train w Bobby and Dave at Universal Athletics.

This may have been a blessing.

P

Ragin Asian
01-24-13, 7:50 pm

"we got chalk buckets...ahem....chalk....cough...I'm getting so choked up we got so much chalk in here!" LOL!!!! Donnie is great!!! He's right!

Ragin Asian
01-24-13, 8:11 pm
soon my brother!

Soooo surprise! Ur two days out from a meet, for fun or not. Trying to lose those last few lbs before early weigh ins tomorrow night. Annnd u dnt have a gym. I did what any red blooded American would do, trash bagged it, turned the hot water on in the shower, through my hoodie on top, shut the door and ran in place :). Fuck it right, the show must go on.

I am gna b splitting time between our weight room at work and down at Total Fitness w Big Al, on the weekends I plan on headin up to train w Bobby and Dave at Universal Athletics.

P

P!!!!!!! When Bobby and I first met, even though our home was Nazareth Barbell when Mike Miller was into powerlifting - we had our best and most memorable training sessions going to other gyms!!! We met new people, made great longtime friends, always learned new shit - and regardless of whether it was a full-fledged gym with machines or it was in a basement (remember Shawn Lattimer's basement, sweetypie?) - that's when we had our BEST workouts!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love where we train at Universal Athletics - Dave has done a wonderful job with it. But I like for our team to travel around once in awhile and train with other powerlifting teams so that they get the experience of training on different equipment. In powerlifting, meet day is a completely different day - you only have your hard work and training to count on for your performance - you can't blame the equipment. You can go to a meet and find that the bench feels very different from the bench you've been training on for the last 12-16 weeks - you find yourself slipping on it more because it doesn't have a nonslip benchpad, you have to adjust your foot placement because it feels lower, or the width of the uprights is slightly narrower than your Metal Militia bench you are so used to throwing the bar into and wind up crushing your hand as it gets pinned in the uprights (like Dave's Dad went through in York few months ago). You can't let that throw you off. The deadlift bar knurls may feel different and the numbers for height adjustment on the monolift don't coincide with the number you have in your head that you're so used to setting the height to on your home gym mono.

Sooooo many things can make a lifter feel is going wrong or fucks with their heads on meet day because the equipment at the meet doesn't feel like the home gym equipment for the past 3-4 months. That's a huge mental BOHICA for a lot of lifters! Why do you think Gene Rychlak always insisted on using his personal bench for his attempts. The rest of the powerlifting community doesn't have that luxury. I'm a firm believer that lifters should be able to compete and perform in just about every environment, atmosphere and on any equipment that meets regulations.

So I agree with you when you say this situation may be a blessing!!!!!

GUNS
01-24-13, 8:25 pm

P

Still getting it done, thats the only way we work, find a way no matter what life throws your way! Jelly you get to head down to Total Fitness! Ive said it before and I will say it again, you guys have a mecca of gyms, people to train at and with! I would trade it for this place in a heart beat!

Kowboy
01-24-13, 8:48 pm
Just found this post, damn P that is crazy. I understand though, the gym I go to is incredible and I don't think the owner would do that but if I was hurting his business I bet he would. It sucks but the world is soft like you said and normal people will always hate us. Whether it is jealousy, intimidation or just plain stupidity it is the way it is. I have no doubts you will find a place and do your thing.

Kowboy
01-24-13, 8:49 pm
soon my brother!

P

Jimmy has me trash bagging it now to make weight for the 260 class. Maybe I will throw on my sweatshirt and see how it goes tomorrow.

Altered Beast
01-25-13, 8:46 am

P

Sounds great! It definitely was a blessing to get you out of that embarrassment of a gym!

Everyone gets stuck in a rut and needs something to jolt them loose from time to time!

Ragin Asian
01-25-13, 9:56 am
When you reach the point where you need to stop taking in fluids in order to make weight, get an empty soda bottle, some sweet tarts (chewy) or Skittles - chew on those and spit as much saliva as you can into the bottle. Don't swallow the candy even though it will be tempting. Chew them and let your body produce the saliva to break them down and spit everything into the bottle. ;)

freighttraindane
01-25-13, 10:29 am

Love Donnie, he is the man, definitely someone I look up to as a powerlifter.

P Diesel
01-25-13, 10:52 am
When you reach the point where you need to stop taking in fluids in order to make weight, get an empty soda bottle, some sweet tarts (chewy) or Skittles - chew on those and spit as much saliva as you can into the bottle. Don't swallow the candy even though it will be tempting. Chew them and let your body produce the saliva to break them down and spit everything into the bottle. ;)

Kathy,

U read my mind. We always had our kids do that on the plane on the way to nationals. Spit from take off til landing haha. I'm at that point now actually, headin to get a few things and will b spitting from here to Newark. Thank u for reaffirming what I was plannin!
P

Shukin
01-25-13, 11:16 am
Kathy,

U read my mind. We always had our kids do that on the plane on the way to nationals. Spit from take off til landing haha. I'm at that point now actually, headin to get a few things and will b spitting from here to Newark. Thank u for reaffirming what I was plannin!
P

See you there, leaving soon myself.

GUNS
01-25-13, 1:33 pm
P, Good luck this weekend brother! Have fun, kill it!

P Diesel
04-24-13, 10:20 am
i couldnt b happier where im training now, its like im home again

P

Altered Beast
04-24-13, 11:00 am
Where are you training now?

P Diesel
04-24-13, 12:10 pm
Where are you training now?

under the gymnasium, by the boiler room, we have a weight room for our powerlifting team. no ac, one exhaust fan, shitload of bars and plates, boxes and chains. filthy and rusted, its perfect

P

Altered Beast
04-24-13, 3:38 pm
under the gymnasium, by the boiler room, we have a weight room for our powerlifting team. no ac, one exhaust fan, shitload of bars and plates, boxes and chains. filthy and rusted, its perfect

P

NICE!!!!!!!!!