PDA

View Full Version : Salsa, beef, and eggs

MRmichael.hooker
12-29-12, 5:01 pm
Hey... guess what's in this recipe? lol

1lb 97% lean beef
Eggs according to your cal needs (I used 5 whole, 3 whites)
1 jar hot, chipotle salsa

Pretty simple.. brown beef, drain and set aside. Cook eggs, when eggs are almost finished add back in beef and add salsa, mix around until salsa is warm in pan. Probably would be pretty damn good w/ shredded cheese too.. this was an AWESOME lunch!

http://s801.beta.photobucket.com/user/MRmichaelhooker/media/eggs_zps8763e6c5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/MRmichaelhooker/media/eggs_zps8763e6c5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=135681815553906484534963421304

World Eater
12-30-12, 11:37 am
I like this... Reminds me of the pasta my grandma used to make - macaroni, eggs, ground beef, some onion and tomato purée.

Nice and simple yet super tasty.

Adrenaline
12-30-12, 11:48 am
good plan MH, how many servings does this make for ya?

Big C
12-30-12, 12:57 pm
Looks good and filling buddy. I put hot sauce/salsa on my eggs and beef already may as well make something like this.

mritter3
12-31-12, 4:17 pm
Recipe sounds good hooker, and more importantly for me...easy

MRmichael.hooker
12-31-12, 8:23 pm
good plan MH, how many servings does this make for ya?

It made one lol. I guess it could be broken up into 2 meals

Looks good and filling buddy. I put hot sauce/salsa on my eggs and beef already may as well make something like this.

Very filling. Thanks to GUNS introducing me to Frank's red hot thick sauce, i've became a hot sauce feen. Shits great. I was just sittin here thinking "how do I want to cook the beef? Oh shit, time to go eat my eggs & salsa. HEEY!!!!" lol

Recipe sounds good hooker, and more importantly for me...easy

Very easy. Brown beef. Cook eggs. Add together. Pour salsa. lol

MRmichael.hooker
12-31-12, 8:23 pm
Shit would be crazy with shredded cheese melted in it!!

Madcat
01-02-13, 11:23 am
This is similar to something I like to make, I just add some black beans to the mix, and then some spinach or letuce and put it in a wrap, or bowl. KILL BOWL like Antoine lol.

John B
01-02-13, 3:42 pm
This is similar to something I like to make, I just add some black beans to the mix, and then some spinach or letuce and put it in a wrap, or bowl. KILL BOWL like Antoine lol.

Ditto on the black beans . . . make a big batch of ground beef and black beans every now and then . . . add them to eggs, rice, whatever. My recent favorite has been burritos with whole wheat torillas, a handful of cheese, salsa, spoonful of sour cream. Good for what ails you.

skibasgym
03-30-13, 4:26 pm
I make a very similar recipe but I use turkey bacon instead of beef. I put shredded cheddar on top.