PDA

View Full Version : Down but not out!!

GUNZ
01-06-13, 2:51 pm
New years day I woke up in extream pain and had huge swelling! I new something was wrong so I went to Urgent Care and he said it was def really bad internal infection, put me on 2 songs meds and requested I see surgeon next day. Surgon said to let the meds get in me and let them fight it of before he cuts me. Long story short, as of today I'm back to normal still on meds and was at a very depressed low point for last 5 days. Body weight dropped causes meds jacked up my stomach, I'm 14 days out for LA Fit Expo in CA and I've been out gym for 6 days. Monday I will put my ass in gear at fight to make it to the meet, I've busted my ass this bench training cycle and was on way to big things! I won't give up now, shit happens and I just gotta roll with it. Being out the gym this long is killing me, so I just wanted to update everyone on the board, I'll keep y'all posted on the next 12 days before the meet and see what goes down.

Bruiser
01-06-13, 2:53 pm
I heard about the infection bro. Sorry to hear it. Just glad you're doing okay and on the mend. Good luck and keep us all posted. Take care.

GUNZ
01-06-13, 7:25 pm
I heard about the infection bro. Sorry to hear it. Just glad you're doing okay and on the mend. Good luck and keep us all posted. Take care.

Thanks bro, appreciate it

Dman
01-06-13, 7:49 pm
Dang sorry ta hear bout this setback GUNZ504 hope you start to feel better and get back to health so you can tear that weight up!! Watched your how to bench video and been helpn alot with my form and chain training!!!

deanna7272
01-06-13, 7:50 pm
Sometimes the body gives ya hell in retaliation for all the hell that you inflict on a normal basis...lol. Hope it all clears quickly and you're back in business tomorrow!!

B.D.Smash
01-08-13, 10:14 pm
New years day I woke up in extream pain and had huge swelling! I new something was wrong so I went to Urgent Care and he said it was def really bad internal infection, put me on 2 songs meds and requested I see surgeon next day. Surgon said to let the meds get in me and let them fight it of before he cuts me. Long story short, as of today I'm back to normal still on meds and was at a very depressed low point for last 5 days. Body weight dropped causes meds jacked up my stomach, I'm 14 days out for LA Fit Expo in CA and I've been out gym for 6 days. Monday I will put my ass in gear at fight to make it to the meet, I've busted my ass this bench training cycle and was on way to big things! I won't give up now, shit happens and I just gotta roll with it. Being out the gym this long is killing me, so I just wanted to update everyone on the board, I'll keep y'all posted on the next 12 days before the meet and see what goes down.

Do this for yourself Gunz. We'll be here cheering our arses off for you. keep us posted mate!

Universal Rep
01-09-13, 12:04 pm
Any updates brotha?

Aggression
01-09-13, 12:11 pm
Hope everything turns out well, G.

GUNZ
01-10-13, 3:44 pm
Any updates brotha?

Update, as of 1-10-12 been in Irvine CA all week for work. On Monday the 7th was my first day back in gym Forvm a week off from being sick pretty bad. Was up at 430am to catch flight then after half day of training class I headed to Orange County Barbell, Steve Dension hooked me up with these guys to get some good training while in town. Working sets were 405x2, 455x2, 475x1, 500x1. Then 2 board paused close grip 405x3, 455x3' 500x2, 525x1. Then mad dog slingshot 500x5, 545x2. Then little tricep work. Wasn't my best workout and still on meds (only 2 days left) along with long day from fighting. I've been hitting it every day since in CA and pushing to get my power back in time for Jan 20th USAPA La Fit Expo meet. Plan on benching again on Monday 14th, to work up to opener for meet. I'm a Animal and I won't back down, I'll do the meet and give it hell.

Hope everything turns out well, G.

Thanks bro, and thanks for the support guys!

J-Dawg
01-10-13, 3:55 pm
Update, as of 1-10-12 been in Irvine CA all week for work. On Monday the 7th was my first day back in gym Forvm a week off from being sick pretty bad. Was up at 430am to catch flight then after half day of training class I headed to Orange County Barbell, Steve Dension hooked me up with these guys to get some good training while in town. Working sets were 405x2, 455x2, 475x1, 500x1. Then 2 board paused close grip 405x3, 455x3' 500x2, 525x1. Then mad dog slingshot 500x5, 545x2. Then little tricep work. Wasn't my best workout and still on meds (only 2 days left) along with long day from fighting. I've been hitting it every day since in CA and pushing to get my power back in time for Jan 20th USAPA La Fit Expo meet. Plan on benching again on Monday 14th, to work up to opener for meet. I'm a Animal and I won't back down, I'll do the meet and give it hell.

Thanks great to hear GUNZ. Here's to staying healthy and being at your best on the day of the meet!

Universal Rep
01-10-13, 4:10 pm

Next time post up pics of ur training brotha. Interested to see what OCB looks like..

B.D.Smash
01-11-13, 12:35 am

Damn right. Good work mate.