PDA

View Full Version : PROMO: 2013 CAGE Interns

Pages : [1] 2 3

naturalguy
01-08-13, 12:27 pm
A tradition where we honor our FORVM members by giving them an opportunity to be a part of The Cage. The 2013 Cage is approaching fast and we will be selecting a few of you to help out. We don't know how many we may pick yet however if you are interested this is the thread to post in.

1. You must already be going to be at the 2013 Arnold weekend and have a place to stay already lined up. You may be selected for one day or multiple days.

2. You must be 18 years of age or older.

If you interested, tell us why you want to be an intern and also post up a picture of yourself in your favorite Animal t-shirt in the gym.

Good luck fellas.

Mr. Dead
01-08-13, 12:38 pm
Niiiice...!!! Good luck to those that enter...!!! Wuz on Cloud 9, when I was allowed to work it...!!! It was truly an honor...

freighttraindane
01-08-13, 1:07 pm
Oh shit, Intern time again, I have not had the pleasure of being an intern yet, but everyone I know that has done it says how great of an expierence it is. I might have to throw my hat in the ring this year.

conjugalburns
01-08-13, 1:10 pm
good luck to everyone applying!

deanna7272
01-08-13, 1:22 pm
You know I am throwing my hat in....

Can't
Get
Home
Soon
Enough

Universal Rep
01-08-13, 1:41 pm
Sweet promo, NG... Lets seem sum new faces here steppin up to represent Animal...

deanna7272
01-08-13, 1:42 pm
Sweet promo, NG... Lets seem sum new faces here steppin up to represent Animal...

What? You don't like my face....

Hmmmmmpfff....

Universal Rep
01-08-13, 1:43 pm
What? You don't like my face....

Hmmmmmpfff....

Haha, ur entry will be as good as any and prolly better than most, D...

Kowboy
01-08-13, 2:03 pm
Hell fn yes I am in on this. Last year was the best time I have ever had at the cage. I live in town so there is no doubt I will be at the cage this year. I want to do it as it is an honor to help out and be side by side w/ the big dogs. I am really excited this year as I am a lot more versed in Animal and know a lot of the guys. I am also pretty excited to be able to lift with some of the pro's.

Since I joined this site I have made tremendous gains and I know that if I didn't have the support from Animal, the athletes and the users here that I would have probably quit a long time ago. But with dudes like Guns, Apollo, Shukin, Mattman, Sprint, Funky, Freighttrain, Madcat, Tark, Domichi, Blondie, Deanna, Solid Dreams, Wedge, Enforcer, P Diesel, House and especially Higa for taking me under his wing for strongman. Plus everyone else I truly wouldn't be where I am. This is more then a brand to me and is a way of life, I would really enjoy the op to intern at the cage again this year. Since I am local I am even available to help unload and set up the cage Thursday or whenever you guys get in town. I am also thinking of having some people out for dinner so let me know if anyone is interested. Here is a pic of me in all my shirts.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/marknibert/iconicCollage.jpg

BadAss Black and White
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/marknibert/TrebinBW.jpg

Get some
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/marknibert/motto.jpg

Universal Rep
01-08-13, 2:10 pm
Hell fn yes I am in on this. Last year was the best time I have ever had at the cage. I live in town so there is no doubt I will be at the cage this year. I want to do it as it is an honor to help out and be side by side w/ the big dogs. I am really excited this year as I am a lot more versed in Animal and know a lot of the guys. I am also pretty excited to be able to lift with some of the pro's.

Since I joined this site I have made tremendous gains and I know that if I didn't have the support from Animal, the athletes and the users here that I would have probably quit a long time ago. But with dudes like Guns, Apollo, Shukin, Mattman, Sprint, Funky, Freighttrain, Madcat, Tark, Domichi, Blondie, Deanna, Solid Dreams, Wedge, Enforcer, P Diesel, House and especially Higa for taking me under his wing for strongman. Plus everyone else I truly wouldn't be where I am. This is more then a brand to me and is a way of life, I would really enjoy the op to intern at the cage again this year. Since I am local I am even available to help unload and set up the cage Thursday or whenever you guys get in town. I am also thinking of having some people out for dinner so let me know if anyone is interested. Pic of me in an Animal shirt incoming.

Gonna be sum new faces in the CAGE this year...

Kowboy
01-08-13, 2:11 pm
Gonna be sum new faces in the CAGE this year...

It is always a blast, if i don't get picked i will still be there regardless.

Universal Rep
01-08-13, 2:13 pm
It is always a blast, if i don't get picked i will still be there regardless.

I meant new Animal Athletes, haha..

Kowboy
01-08-13, 2:15 pm
I meant new Animal Athletes, haha..

That too, I seen all the new guys you added so it will be cool to meet them as well. I probably wont sign autographs this year though...lol

PLANETGETLOW
01-08-13, 2:20 pm
Bad ass promo!!

Universal Rep
01-08-13, 2:25 pm
Bad ass promo!!

U gonna be in C-Bus brotha?

PLANETGETLOW
01-08-13, 2:49 pm
U gonna be in C-Bus brotha?

I MIGHT be able to swing it this year since I'm in AZ now. I'm going to try that's for sure

deanna7272
01-08-13, 5:02 pm
You all know me, you all know my heart, you know my loyalty lies within these pages. I have been here since late 2007 and from my first ABC, I was hooked.

I was chosen to intern back in 2010 and it was a whirlwind experience for me. It was such an honor to be chosen to intern because I was the first woman to be chosen and it completely blew my mind. Of course, whatever it took to show my appreciation, I was down. The craziness of the whole experience, forever changed me. Working with the fellas, getting to know more about the company and the generosity that was extended at every angle. One thing that sticks with me, is on that Sunday, we had a all met for breakfast and geared up for the final day. Sitting there among friends that I had known, new friends that I had met while working, the men that I have looked up to and learned so much from, was just an experience that I won't forget. The weekend was a blur, but I came home a new person, like a part of the team...

I was never expected to do anything more than give my best, work my hardest, do my thing, and be the best me that I can be. Being a part of something like this enabled me to do all of those things because it gave me a sense of belonging and pride. Being associated with Animal has pushed me to rise above and push beyond barriers that I never thought I'd break!!

I was chosen again in 2012 to intern, honored once again, I knew what I was in for... Or so I thought... The crowds, the rush, the craziness of the Cage had grown and surpassed the previous years... Busy from open to close, people standing 6 deep to buy product, people with VIP passes in hand standing in wait to get into The Cage... Wow... The constant hustle and bustle of the days is not for the weary, but I have learned that the chosen have always stepped up and never faltered. The experience of the weekend is mind blowing to say the least.

The people that I have met here have become my family for the simple fact that when I fell, they caught me, when I was down, they lifted me, when I feared, they give me strength, when I doubted myself, they give me confidence. I have always tried to extend myself to do whatever it is that they need because they have done for me. I could never do enough to repay them all, so I just try to pay it forward. If given the opportunity to intern again, you bet I would hold it as high of an honor as I ever have.

The Cage, the Forvm and those here have forever changed me. Over these years, I have trained and rested, lost and gained weight, been injured and recovered, suffered losses and gained prospective, graced the stage and experienced defeat, all with The Legion by my side. Whatever I can do to lend a hand, give back, spread the word, etc... I am your girl...

And one last thing...
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me..."
Oh, and...
PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92012360@N07/8361193961/in/photostream/
No face, just for Uni (but ya can't mistake that hair...lol) after my last show in June 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92012360@N07/8361193993/in/photostream/
One of my fav pics from after my show in 2009

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92012360@N07/8362695880/in/photostream/
Another from my last show in June 2012

I really don't have "favorite" gym pics (while training) because I tend to make some awful faces....lmao

mritter3
01-08-13, 5:53 pm
An amazing opportunity for sure..speaking from personal experience, working alongside fellow animals and pros is a once in s lifetime experience...get in here people!!!

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
01-08-13, 5:53 pm
Can I play?

Mr. Dead
01-08-13, 6:34 pm
Can I play?

You are...???

Kowboy
01-08-13, 9:46 pm
As promised, here is a pic of me in all my shirts.

BadAss Black and White

Get some

Big C
01-08-13, 10:21 pm
I'd like to see some men & women picked who are "Animal" year round and not people who come around when it's Cage time.

Good selections are usually made I think.

GUNS
01-08-13, 10:31 pm
Man, with Pak celebrating an amazing 30 years, all the athletes that have been here, and the new ones that will be in the cage, who would want to miss this? I have been wanting to get to the cage for years but have been deployed for the it since before 2009! Retiring from service and being back in the states is my first real oppotunity to make it. I have been on here since 07, the begining! I have absolutely made some amazing friends, I dont want to leave anyone out so Ill just say, you know who you are! Your all family! Thats what this has become for me!

What a better way to get introduced to the cage than to intern? I cant think of any better way! And like I said, 30 years of Pak, all these great powerlifters that have been recently signed, and of course all the past Animals that have made the cage what it is, I have a feeling it is gonna be the best year yet!

I bleed Animal, and am beyond ready to finally meet all my brothers and sisters at the national event!

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/picinsnap.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/shoulders3.jpg

D-NUTZ
01-08-13, 10:40 pm
I'd like to see some men & women picked who are "Animal" year round and not people who come around when it's Cage time.

Damn :(

GUNS
01-08-13, 11:08 pm

Agree C!

deanna7272
01-08-13, 11:35 pm

Amen...

We all know where you're coming from C... I understand and welcome the fact that we will be having more and more people frequenting the Forvm over the next few months, but it seems to be that we start to have people start dusting off the pages of their threads, lovin' the label, and making themselves more visible but when the new year rolls around only to disappear by April or May when something else catches their interest... (( I also understand that people have "lives" outside the Forvm and I don't expect everyone to quit their jobs, take the kiddos to the sitter, and sit reading and interacting ALL day...lol ))

Your statement should be taken not to push people away, but to have them understand just what it means to the majority of us. There are many from miles and miles away that would give anything to be here and help (GUNS, for example) but aren't as fortunate as we are to have The Cage in our backyards, but that doesn't give anyone the right to come around, just because it's local.

I'm sure it's all seen by the powers that be ((don'tcha just LOVE that title??? lol)) and they see through it all and make quality selections (it's their image/product that is reinforced by our loyalty, right?)

With that being said... Bring on the entries, I am sure that we have some quality members that will step up to lend a hand!!!! Good luck to all!!!

01-09-13, 12:01 am
You are...???

I guess I should have included my "surname"

01-09-13, 12:09 am

Agree C!

Amen...

We all know where you're coming from C... I understand and welcome the fact that we will be having more and more people frequenting the Forvm over the next few months, but it seems to be that we start to have people start dusting off the pages of their threads, lovin' the label, and making themselves more visible but when the new year rolls around only to disappear by April or May when something else catches their interest... (( I also understand that people have "lives" outside the Forvm and I don't expect everyone to quit their jobs, take the kiddos to the sitter, and sit reading and interacting ALL day...lol ))

Your statement should be taken not to push people away, but to have them understand just what it means to the majority of us. There are many from miles and miles away that would give anything to be here and help (GUNS, for example) but aren't as fortunate as we are to have The Cage in our backyards, but that doesn't give anyone the right to come around, just because it's local.

I'm sure it's all seen by the powers that be ((don'tcha just LOVE that title??? lol)) and they see through it all and make quality selections (it's their image/product that is reinforced by our loyalty, right?)

With that being said... Bring on the entries, I am sure that we have some quality members that will step up to lend a hand!!!! Good luck to all!!!

Lets also not forget that there are more ways and much more to being an "Animal" than just posting on the FORVM. I know a lot of Animals that don't even have a FORVM handle. There are also many other venues to spread the good word outside of the FORVM. That being said, I can't wait to see you guys(D and Big C) and I can't wait to meet you GUNZ!!

deanna7272
01-09-13, 12:19 am
Lets also not forget that there are more ways and much more to being an "Animal" than just posting on the FORVM. I know a lot of Animals that don't even have a FORVM handle. There are also many other venues to spread the good word outside of the FORVM. That being said, I can't wait to see you guys(D and Big C) and I can't wait to meet you GUNZ!!

True, but with that being said, they aren't on here to post an entry ....lol That's why I said that it shouldn't push people away from entering, there are some quality dudes out there that put in the hours...

Yea, and same here....
I miss ya, ya big lug...

C.Coronato
01-09-13, 9:20 am
Love having the interns. I think they are the most enthusiastic guys there and they always bust their ass. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Universal Rep
01-09-13, 9:47 am
You are...???

THE Chase Browning. Just THE for short...

While I think this promo should def reward people who are regulars here, people who have put in the time, at the same time, it shouldnt be limited to 'em. As CB says, the # of posts or how evenly ya post don't necessarily make you more of a fan than those who do less now does it? I think balance is always good, established vets and some new faces. After all, those new faces might be the established vets in the future. So Id encourage everyone who is interested to post up and sign up here. We shouldn't try to scare new folks away with all this talk.

PLANETGETLOW
01-09-13, 10:32 am
I rep Animal everyday, serious. I wear the fitted hat to work, beanie when I workout, and take Animal sups daily. As a matter of fact, I have my wife and son suited as well. The past Thanksgiving I was at the inlaws and wore the black sweats, black pullover hoodie, and black fitted hat. I think people thought I worked for Animal!! :D

When your family is REPPING, you're in! ;)

I've been an Animal for a few years now. It's gear and supplements that are top notch and in my opinion, the best.

GUNS
01-09-13, 10:46 am

Dont confuse me and Garrett GUNZ Griffin! I think this is going to happen alot!

Agree, being active on here and spreading the word, educating!

Mr. Dead
01-09-13, 11:00 am
You are...???

I guess I should have included my "surname"

THE Chase Browning. Just THE for short...

It wuz the absence of "THE", that threw me off...

D-NUTZ
01-09-13, 11:15 am
It wuz the absence of "THE", that threw me off...

He really does need to get that added to his name...permanently.

Universal Rep
01-09-13, 11:18 am
He really does need to get that added to his name...permanently.

I'd suggest just changin his whole name, legally, to "THE"... Kinda like Prince or whatever his name is now...

mritter3
01-09-13, 11:20 am

Ya I agree with ya chris..it's always good to show some love the the newbies, but I'm talking bout the ones who are consistently engaging in discussions and who are bringing stuff to the table on here...they always seem to do a great job with there selections tho.

ghost
Wish I was going to be in country this year....grrrrr

D-NUTZ
I'd suggest just changin his whole name, legally, to "THE"... Kinda like Prince or whatever his name is now...

Do you "THE" take "insert girl name here" to be your wife?

I can see the lulz now.

Nix0r
01-09-13, 11:43 am
I would so love to be a part of this once again.

The Cage is one of the few things I can look forward to every year. A staple. Somewhere I know I will be. All that being said, I have an absolute blast every year. Over the past trips to The Cage, I've had to do it all: load / unload weight, work The Shop, make sure Rob had a constant flow of Rage coursing through his veins, run to downtown C-Bus in the rain to get supplies, curse vividly with G, Juggs, and T-Dirty while troubleshooting the live stream (this seems to be a yearly funbus) and hope the laptop microphone doesn't pick up said cursing.

But yeah, every year is always full of new experiences, seeing familiar faces, meeting new ones, and destroying Mr. Dead in eating competitions.

The sexiest of all the side laterals: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/417298_634484521056_1966016229_n.jpg
Tuggin' in C-Bus: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/423255_634485124846_2081072388_n.jpg
My girl and I after pulling a fucking airplane: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/304686_10150404332733319_2017075610_n.jpg

Universal Rep
01-09-13, 11:44 am
Do you "THE" take "insert girl name here" to be your wife?

I can see the lulz now.

Question is, how do ya pronounce? THE (as in duh) or THE (as in tree)?

Universal Rep
01-09-13, 11:47 am
You all know me, you all know my heart, you know my loyalty lies within these pages. I have been here since late 2007 and from my first ABC, I was hooked.

I was chosen to intern back in 2010 and it was a whirlwind experience for me. It was such an honor to be chosen to intern because I was the first woman to be chosen and it completely blew my mind. Of course, whatever it took to show my appreciation, I was down. The craziness of the whole experience, forever changed me. Working with the fellas, getting to know more about the company and the generosity that was extended at every angle. One thing that sticks with me, is on that Sunday, we had a all met for breakfast and geared up for the final day. Sitting there among friends that I had known, new friends that I had met while working, the men that I have looked up to and learned so much from, was just an experience that I won't forget. The weekend was a blur, but I came home a new person, like a part of the team...

I was never expected to do anything more than give my best, work my hardest, do my thing, and be the best me that I can be. Being a part of something like this enabled me to do all of those things because it gave me a sense of belonging and pride. Being associated with Animal has pushed me to rise above and push beyond barriers that I never thought I'd break!!

I was chosen again in 2012 to intern, honored once again, I knew what I was in for... Or so I thought... The crowds, the rush, the craziness of the Cage had grown and surpassed the previous years... Busy from open to close, people standing 6 deep to buy product, people with VIP passes in hand standing in wait to get into The Cage... Wow... The constant hustle and bustle of the days is not for the weary, but I have learned that the chosen have always stepped up and never faltered. The experience of the weekend is mind blowing to say the least.

The people that I have met here have become my family for the simple fact that when I fell, they caught me, when I was down, they lifted me, when I feared, they give me strength, when I doubted myself, they give me confidence. I have always tried to extend myself to do whatever it is that they need because they have done for me. I could never do enough to repay them all, so I just try to pay it forward. If given the opportunity to intern again, you bet I would hold it as high of an honor as I ever have.

The Cage, the Forvm and those here have forever changed me. Over these years, I have trained and rested, lost and gained weight, been injured and recovered, suffered losses and gained prospective, graced the stage and experienced defeat, all with The Legion by my side. Whatever I can do to lend a hand, give back, spread the word, etc... I am your girl...

And one last thing...
Oh, and...

No face, just for Uni (but ya can't mistake that hair...lol) after my last show in June 2012

I really don't have "favorite" gym pics (while training) because I tend to make some awful faces....lmao

Since I joined this site I have made tremendous gains and I know that if I didn't have the support from Animal, the athletes and the users here that I would have probably quit a long time ago. But with dudes like Guns, Apollo, Shukin, Mattman, Sprint, Funky, Freighttrain, Madcat, Tark, Domichi, Blondie, Deanna, Solid Dreams, Wedge, Enforcer, P Diesel, House and especially Higa for taking me under his wing for strongman. Plus everyone else I truly wouldn't be where I am. This is more then a brand to me and is a way of life, I would really enjoy the op to intern at the cage again this year. Since I am local I am even available to help unload and set up the cage Thursday or whenever you guys get in town. I am also thinking of having some people out for dinner so let me know if anyone is interested. Here is a pic of me in all my shirts.

BadAss Black and White

Get some

Man, with Pak celebrating an amazing 30 years, all the athletes that have been here, and the new ones that will be in the cage, who would want to miss this? I have been wanting to get to the cage for years but have been deployed for the it since before 2009! Retiring from service and being back in the states is my first real oppotunity to make it. I have been on here since 07, the begining! I have absolutely made some amazing friends, I dont want to leave anyone out so Ill just say, you know who you are! Your all family! Thats what this has become for me!

What a better way to get introduced to the cage than to intern? I cant think of any better way! And like I said, 30 years of Pak, all these great powerlifters that have been recently signed, and of course all the past Animals that have made the cage what it is, I have a feeling it is gonna be the best year yet!

I bleed Animal, and am beyond ready to finally meet all my brothers and sisters at the national event!

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/picinsnap.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/shoulders3.jpg

Amen...

I would so love to be a part of this once again.

The Cage is one of the few things I can look forward to every year. A staple. Somewhere I know I will be. All that being said, I have an absolute blast every year. Over the past trips to The Cage, I've had to do it all: load / unload weight, work The Shop, make sure Rob had a constant flow of Rage coursing through his veins, run to downtown C-Bus in the rain to get supplies, curse vividly with G, Juggs, and T-Dirty while troubleshooting the live stream (this seems to be a yearly funbus) and hope the laptop microphone doesn't pick up said cursing.

But yeah, every year is always full of new experiences, seeing familiar faces, meeting new ones, and destroying Mr. Dead in eating competitions.

The sexiest of all the side laterals: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/417298_634484521056_1966016229_n.jpg
Tuggin' in C-Bus: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/423255_634485124846_2081072388_n.jpg
My girl and I after pulling a fucking airplane: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/304686_10150404332733319_2017075610_n.jpg

Great entries thus far...

Mr. Dead
01-09-13, 11:49 am

Depends on how formal the situation is... But, my guess would be "THE", as in tree...

BamBam
01-09-13, 12:14 pm
Yes, I am over 18... maybe not mentally but that depends on who you ask..

I am also staying in the same hotel as Nix and Phil and their crew (surprise!) so we will all be there early so no worries about time/place to stay/etc..

Now, as far as the ANIMAl shirt.. I will have to wait and post one when I get home. Don't have any on my work comp.

Haven't got to intern since my second year at the Arnold, but it was honestly the best experience I've had at the Arnold aside from pulling a PR of 675 in front of Ed Coan and Stan Efferding. The Arnold is my getaway and a vacation from the rest of the world every year. I agree with NIX that it's honestly one of the only things I truly look forward to. There's always something new and incredible and inspiring to see at the Cage and I Would love to intern again, but whoever gets picked... get ready! lol.. You will run and run and be on your feet and meet some great people on both sides of those big black barrels but either way, you will grow inside and out. I promise that

GUNS
01-09-13, 12:15 pm

And one last thing...
Oh, and...

Head intern nomination right here!

IrishMike
01-09-13, 12:27 pm
I love the making a face quote.

I never thought about it, but its true.

The last thing I would want was everyone seeing a pic of me looking like I'm dropping duce. lol

Kowboy
01-10-13, 8:20 am
Great entries thus far...

Thanks, I think I can only do it on Sunday as I def want to make sure I go watch all hte Strongman events.

deanna7272
01-10-13, 8:52 am
Head intern nomination right here!

Awww.. thanks for the sentiment and I truly appreciate it... BUT geezy peezy, those are HUGE shoes to fill...lol Ghost is the man and has done a wonderful job keeping us all in line (which is not an easy task...lol) He is DEFINITELY going to be missed this year... Wait until you see the madness... It's beyond words... I don't know if anyone can actually imagine until they have been there...lol

I do appreciate the thought though... ;)

Razor
01-10-13, 1:54 pm
Let's see where to begin. Interning at the Cage is beyond special for me since it always seems to not only strengthen bonds with the other Animals but also it gives you the amazing opportunity to represent the company and its products. You're able to not only sell but also talk one on one with people who are either new to Animal or people who have been using the products for years and want to catch up on whats new. Last year i was able to talk with a few fellas that had been using Pak and Flex and were interested in using Stak and Test. Then there was this fella who has put on some sweet gains with MStak and was so pumped that he graduated to an XL.

It's also a blast seeing everyone line up and rush to get the LE gear and almost trample one another for the Cage shirt haha. Then once again bonding with everyone that is working with you. Chilling with THE Chase Browning or Christian Coronato; Arguing with Nix on who has the better lat spread; Making silly faces for Deanna's camera; It's insanely awesome and i can't miss it.

Every year gets bigger and better. It would be an absolute honor to represent again by Interning! Now for some sexy pics:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/Phil800101/Chicago%20ABC%209-1-12/IMG_1461.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/Phil800101/Chicago%20ABC%209-1-12/IMG_1460.jpg

Nix0r
01-10-13, 1:57 pm
Arguing with Nix on who has the better lat spread

There is no argument. Stop thinking you can compete with me.

mulisha
01-10-13, 3:36 pm
im not going to suger coat it guys.back in 07 i was in a really bad car crash i was in a wheel chair for a year doc said i mite not walk agin.a good freaind took me to arnold classic a lil after that and i got to see the cage for the first time it was like a big yellow kick to the face.i got that first yellow tee and the jornel.started taking my pak my flex my pump reading on hear and learnig and geting bigger.i dident go out and party i lost a lot of freainds but the only one that mattered to me was that guy on the can.6 years later an i still cant throw a can away just dont seam right. i guess wat im trying to get at is if i wasent for that moment at the cage i mite be a diferent person today .i finely got the balls to join this place and got the stones to ask to work the cage.its so much more than a brand to me it really is

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/481205_271870416273058_1408737093_n.jpg

01-10-13, 3:37 pm
Dont confuse me and Garrett GUNZ Griffin! I think this is going to happen alot!

Agree, being active on here and spreading the word, educating!

My intentions were in the right place lol I knew which GUN* I was talking to! Haha

deanna7272
01-10-13, 3:49 pm
im not going to suger coat it guys.back in 07 i was in a really bad car crash i was in a wheel chair for a year doc said i mite not walk agin.a good freaind took me to arnold classic a lil after that and i got to see the cage for the first time it was like a big yellow kick to the face.i got that first yellow tee and the jornel.started taking my pak my flex my pump reading on hear and learnig and geting bigger.i dident go out and party i lost a lot of freainds but the only one that mattered to me was that guy on the can.6 years later an i still cant throw a can away just dont seam right. i guess wat im trying to get at is if i wasent for that moment at the cage i mite be a diferent person today .i finely got the balls to join this place and got the stones to ask to work the cage.its so much more than a brand to me it really is

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/481205_271870416273058_1408737093_n.jpg

Glad you're here and glad your still "here"... . And I have to say.... I don't throw any of my stuff away either...lol. I have a hard time cutting shirts too, they all mean so much to me... ((I just bought the last 3 M squat til ya puke shirts, just so I can cut one...lol))

Good luck M...

mulisha
01-10-13, 5:33 pm
Thnks man the only reason I cut the yellow one in the pic is bc I ropes the arm pit out benching lol thanks for the goodluck man

Kowboy
01-10-13, 8:56 pm
I am going to withdraw my app to be an intern. With Shukin coming up to stay with me for the weekend we are going to make sure we hit all the strongman stuff and can hang in the cage all day.

deanna7272
01-10-13, 9:21 pm
Thnks man the only reason I cut the yellow one in the pic is bc I ropes the arm pit out benching lol thanks for the goodluck man

Ms... ;-)

mritter3
01-10-13, 10:19 pm
Some really great entries in here...

GUNS
01-10-13, 11:47 pm
My intentions were in the right place lol I knew which GUN* I was talking to! Haha

Hahaha, wasnt sure, it has happened already a few times! Definately looking forward to meeting "THE"!

deanna7272
01-11-13, 12:18 am

Me too... and I am sure I speak for the masses... Just won't be the same without ya...Who's gonna carry the chains?? To think out of all the freaks at the Expo, the Irish guy from Detroit always gets the WTF looks....lol

01-11-13, 12:36 am
Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring. The Cage in itself is an amazing experience, but having the opportunity to intern is on another level. Working with the crew and being on the inside.. Crazy. Once you step on the other side of the black barrels, you see everything from a new perspective. Time no longer stands still and you aren't just soaking up the sights and sounds... you are living them.

I was first selected to be an intern at the Arnold in 2011. It was crazy. I stood watch over the VIP section, passing out VIP passes and shootin the shit with anyone who wanted to get a closer look inside the Cage. It was only my second Cage ever, and there I was thrown in the mix. Unreal experience. That same year I had the opportunity to intern in Vegas as well. The Cage in Vegas is a totally different ballgame. Its a little less crazy, so you have a lot more time to actually talk shop with fans/customers. It was great to get the chance to spread my knowledge of the brand and help people make informed decisions instead of throwing supplements in their faces. I mean that's what Animal is all about right? In 2012, I was selected to be a "Super Intern" along with a few other lucky guys. We had a blast. We worked the entire weekend in The Shop. Slingin supplements, shirts, and knowledge. We were very happy to be a part of Animal's first ever total sell out! If I remember right we were down to XXL's and few select supplements by Saturday evening, all which was then sold out by 1-2pm on Sunday. I was also blessed to be a part of the first ever Universal booth at the Olympia Expo in 2012, which is something that I am very proud of.

I hope that I can be a part of "The Crew" again this year. It is unreal. I look forward to it every year. Great times. Great people. Great atmosphere. After working with The Crew and other interns over the years, I would like to think I play a role in helping to make The Cage a success as do all of the interns.

Regardless, I will see you guys there!

As for my favorite picture. The House and I in Vegas at the National ABC at Gold's Flamingo. Shame it closed down.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/404255_1857849942521_1419143830_n.jpg

01-11-13, 12:39 am
Hahaha, wasnt sure, it has happened already a few times! Definately looking forward to meeting "THE"!

I prefer Chase lol my mortal name.

01-11-13, 12:40 am

It should be pronounced THE (as in tree) but have you heard my accent... I'm more prone to THE (as in tha) haha

Universal Rep
01-11-13, 9:33 am
I prefer Chase lol my mortal name.

Ya dont get to choose here.

kcburrows
01-11-13, 10:46 am
Last year was my first Arnold experience, and by far the coolest experience of my life. Seeing it come so fast feels exactly like getting ready for a family reunion. its such a great experience. I take such pride in being part of this family, and getting to know my animal brothers and sisters is the biggest perk of all. With that being said i would like to throw my hat in for volunteers to intern at the cage. last year i got to experience everything that was the cage! from the inside and take it all in. this yr I would love to do the same but as an intern. Being able to give back to a company that has given so much to me personally is the ultimate honor for me. and being able to stand next to my heros and brothers side by side, is as good as it gets!!!

Universal Rep
01-11-13, 10:50 am
If you interested, tell us why you want to be an intern and also post up a picture of yourself in your favorite Animal t-shirt in the gym.

Last year was my first Arnold experience, and by far the coolest experience of my life. Seeing it come so fast feels exactly like getting ready for a family reunion. its such a great experience. I take such pride in being part of this family, and getting to know my animal brothers and sisters is the biggest perk of all. With that being said i would like to throw my hat in for volunteers to intern at the cage. last year i got to experience everything that was the cage! from the inside and take it all in. this yr I would love to do the same but as an intern. Being able to give back to a company that has given so much to me personally is the ultimate honor for me. and being able to stand next to my heros and brothers side by side, is as good as it gets!!!

Solid, KC... Entry almost there. Still need pic.

kcburrows
01-11-13, 11:02 am

ian stevenson
01-12-13, 4:27 pm
A tradition where we honor our FORVM members by giving them an opportunity to be a part of The Cage. The 2013 Cage is approaching fast and we will be selecting a few of you to help out. We don't know how many we may pick yet however if you are interested this is the thread to post in.

1. You must already be going to be at the 2013 Arnold weekend and have a place to stay already lined up. You may be selected for one day or multiple days.

Good luck fellas.

that would be unreal boss,i was lucky enough to train with erik at the emporium gym while you guys were at body power 2012 we hammered shoulders,my partner and i
are coming over the pond especially for the arnolds and would make out trip if we got to hang out with you guys !!!

tark
01-12-13, 7:42 pm
well Deanna talked me into this so here we go ...got on here after last year seeing the cage....i talked with p diesel a little to see how i could become part of this and he led me here....other forvm members have pushed me into wanting to better myself every day and push above and beyond...all in all you couldnt ask to be a part of a better group of people than the animal community...ooo and it helps too that i only live an hour away and planned on being there multiple days anyway so why not try to spend it at the cage

and heres my picture from an ABC in circleville...doing some farmers walks with trebin
https://www.facebook.com/aj.tarkany/photos#!/photo.php?fbid=4552893660846&set=t.215900813&type=3&theater

RedlegDbell
01-13-13, 4:44 am

I don't think there have ever been bigger shoes to fill at the Cage.

mulisha
01-13-13, 5:01 am
Ok gota sweetin the pot hear if I work the cage I will donate my old lady to the good of the team huh huh lol jk

Razor
01-13-13, 10:45 am
Ya dont get to choose here.

Exactly plus once you became part of the nation you became immortal. duh

Phil800101
01-13-13, 11:01 pm
I haven't been on the Forvm here in the past ten months or so nearly as much as I used to be. I try to get on here when I can, but find myself lurking and catching up on things rather than posting most of the time.

In any case, I have been waiting for this thread to appear ever since I saw the Cage 2013 section appear, as this is the one promo I never want to miss.

This year will mark my seventh consecutive year heading to The Cage. The first year I didn't really know what to expect, and only spent a part of the day on Saturday and Sunday at The Cage. From 2008 on, however, I've made it a point to spend almost all of my expo time at The Cage. Over the years, The Cage has grown to become like a big family reunion for me, and I know that there are many of us who feel the same way. It quite honestly feels like a home away from home. Needless to say it's something that I look forward to each year, and I can say without hesitation that my time spent in Columbus early each March is my favorite time of the year.

I remember my first year, turning to my boy Jake and saying how cool it would be to just lift in the same gym as the Animal crew. Little did I know that within a few years that I would have the opportunity to not only lift with them, but also to work alongside them and take an active part in making the Cage happen. I was lucky enough to have been chosen the past three years, and last year I was even luckier and was asked to work the entire weekend. It's hard work for sure, but so worth it.

To sum it all up, I would consider it an honor and a privilege to work in The Cage. The Cage means a lot to me, and I feel like Animal has given me a lot over the years. In turn, I would like to give something back, and do my part in helping to make The Cage what it is.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/Phil800101/Chicago%20ABC%209-1-12/IMG_1456.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/Phil800101/Chicago%20ABC%209-1-12/IMG_1465.jpg

twoheadedboy
01-14-13, 1:26 am
Allow me to throw my hat in the ring.

Last year was an incredible experience, even if I had almost nothing to help sell by the time my number came up for Sunday. Really, the whole weekend was - Pulling 315 for the first time under the tutelage of Higa and Ben Seath (and Ed Coan...etc. etc.) at the National ABC was something I'll remember for the rest of my life. However, it also had me thinking about how I could come back the next year stronger and looking better. It's still a learning process for me but all of my lifts have improved significantly since the Cage.

Most recently, here's me lifting 315 for a triple...on blocks (video): https://www.facebook.com/v/10151377997891422

Previous to that, here's me pulling my latest 1RM of 335 back in late June (photo): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151046561866422&l=e9127fe48a

I plan on besting that very shortly.

You mention living the Animal life 365, not just at the Cage...for me, the Arnold and the Cage was something that came later, not first. I found Animal products after starting on the path to health and strength via GNC's own line, then some other assorted lines through bodybuilding.com, and my Journey has taken me to the Forvm, where I have been ever since...about 3 1/2 years now I believe? In that time I have been to almost every ABC including the plane pull all 3 years that I've done it. I've also helped ABC membership/awareness, albeit in a small way - I brought 2 friends to a previous one and they are (hopefully) coming back later this month. Plus, you can see my commitment to the lifestyle and the Forvm by checking my Journey thread (few read it, but the posts are there dammit!), or just by asking NiX0r or Phil or any of the other Chicago ABC'ers. I'm not the strongest guy in the world, but I started from scratch (literally) and have come a long way, but have a long way to go - lifting is not my only athletic pursuit in life, and I've experienced some injuries, so my progress has not been as rapid as I would like, but I'm still here.

I feel I bring an "everyman" appeal to the experience. Animal is hard core, the Cage is hard core, but that doesn't mean it should be "scary"...just intense. Determine your goals, in the gym and elsewhere, and relentlessly pursue them. Even if you're not working toward a 2000 lb raw total or a pro bodybuilding card, Pak/Flex/Omega, and for some people, PM/Nitro/Pump/Cuts can be helpful to achieving your goals whatever they might be. I think this, being the 30th anniversary of Pak, is a great opportunity to focus on the basics - the bread and butter of the line, the ones that win awards year after year and are the highest sellers according to the stats on bodybuilding.com.

I would be happy to work as much or as little as I am needed, whether that's behind the sales counter, running any type of AV/computer equipment (I'm a nerd like NiX0r), or something else. I spent most of the weekend last year at the Cage anyway, and I will probably be doing the same this year, so I might as well make myself useful!

smoothballer
01-14-13, 1:24 pm
Smoothballer's 2013 Intern Entry

I can still remember by first glimpse of the Animal Cage. When I first went to the Arnold I was not a member of the FORVM. I just saw this large chained off area with tons of people glued to the massive guys lifting massive weights. I spent a lot of time on the outside looking in that year. Before the next Arnold I knew I had to learn more about this company so I joined up on the FORVM and started lurking around and finally starting a journey. And I was amazed that people started talking to me and giving me suggestions right away. The following Arnold I got my VIP pass to the Cage and ventured inside the fence. I expected to be intimidated right away. It was the exact opposite. The other Animals welcomed me with open arms. It felt instantly like I was a member of the family. I attended the National ABC and had an amazing weekend. Since then I had become a lot more active on the FORVM even becoming a Henchmen and stayed one while they existed. I also became the Cleveland ABC Coordinator which allowed me to bring back to life the Cleveland area which had become dormant. Finally last year I had the opportunity to Intern on Saturday for the Cage. I got to work every job during that day. Ghost assigned me as the floater which meant that I spent time bouncing the AV area, bouncing the The Box, racking weights, spotting, and working The Shop. It was awesome. People asked me why I did it instead of being allowed to walk the rest of the Expo. I simply told them there was no place I would rather be than the Animal Cage and being able to work side by side with the Corporate Guys, Athletes, and my Animal Brothers was an experience I wouldn't give up for the world. It is all about family with Animal which makes it such a special company that I am proud to be associated with.

Hopefully I have another opportunity to intern this this year to add to my Cage experiences.

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad146/wilsondj/Cleveland%20ABC%20-%2012-4-2010/s4026738.jpg

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad146/wilsondj/Cleveland%20ABC%20-%2012-4-2010/P1010230.jpg

ian stevenson
01-14-13, 2:36 pm

Good luck fellas.

Can't wait for this was lucky enough to train with Erik at the emporium
At bodypower,hope I'm lucky enough to hook up again.

freighttraindane
01-14-13, 3:21 pm
Ok so here is my application to be an Intern at the Cage. I have been a member of the Forvm here for going on 6 years now (crazy how time flys). I don't post as much as some others, but I am always reading and learning and trying to answer questions and chime in with my words of encouragement as often as I can.

I have been going to the Cage at the Arnold Classic for many many years now. I can't say exactly what my first memory of the Cage was, but i remember many times being one the many people that had there spot staked out and face glued to the outside of the Cage to see the crazy lifting and seminars that were going on inside. But then things really chainged when I got my first chance to be on the inside. Watching, learning, seeing jaw-dropping lifts and getting to talk shop with those that I had admired for so long.

But in all the years I have spent watching from the outside and more recently (last 3-4 years) spending the entire Arnold weekend inside the fence, I can honestly say there is no place like home. From early friday morning when the gates open, it's a mad dash to the Cage and catch up with all my Animal brothers and sisters from across the nation! As other have said its a family reunion. Joking around with those that you only get to see once or twice a year. Shootin the shit, tips, and picking the brains with my west coast brothers Rage, Seath, Rice, Higa and learning from the best on the east coast Skiba, House, Aggs, CCoronato, Byrd, Bobby and so many more.

During all the time I have been in Cage, I have neveer had the pleasure (although some would say torture) of being one of the Cage Interns. I would be truly grateful for the opportunity to be an Intern and help out doing whatever is needed and preach the Animal word to all those who have question or will listen to me via the shop or just walking past the fence

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/dawilsonbw/423388_631772505956_2039743509_n_zps573af2f9.jpg

mulisha
01-14-13, 5:52 pm
I watch this thred all day refreshing it re reading my post ahhh I'm going crazy Wen will we no ?

deanna7272
01-14-13, 6:21 pm
I watch this thred all day refreshing it re reading my post ahhh I'm going crazy Wen will we no ?

Take a deep breath and walk away from the thread (just for a bit though...lol)

It may be a while yet, we are still 45 days out!!!

Hear that fellas????

45 days!!!!

01-14-13, 6:23 pm
Take a deep breath and walk away from the thread (just for a bit though...lol)

It may be a while yet, we are still 45 days out!!!

Hear that fellas????

45 days!!!!

45 days of torment!

GUNS
01-14-13, 6:49 pm
45 days of torment!

Think of it as 45 days to grow into the cage!

Kowboy
01-16-13, 6:52 pm
I have been thinking and I would like to put my name back in the running to be an intern. I would love to do it on Sunday as I am booked the other 2 days with wanting to see the strongman stuff this year. I live and breathe this company and had such a great time last year that I can't not do it. Like I said I am only available on Sunday this year but will be around Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I just want to make sure I can watch some buddies compete and also catch the Strongman.

mulisha
01-16-13, 6:57 pm
This it killing me .I been just tearing it up in the gym thinin about this just motivates the hell out of me

Kowboy
01-16-13, 7:02 pm
Missed my 3 minutes - wanted to add why i want to be an intern and expand on what I said the first time.

The reason I love Animal is honestly about 15% supplements and 85% the people here. I remember back in August of 2011 searching the web and trying to find workout routines and just doing my thing and kind of winging it in the gym. I tried greyskull for a bit and then did my thing and switched it up. September of 2011 is where it changed for me. I logged on here, signed up and just started a journey and just decided to "see what happened". I will never forget that first month. Everyone welcomed me and started to teach me the ways of the iron and lifting. It is a sport that I love now, it is a part of every day life. I owe it all to the forum and to the guys here. It sounds cheesy but I am truly thankful for everyone here. Everyone here has pushed me when I was less than motivated. When I went through some medical issues and injuries everyone was here for me. It is weird to think that the cage this year I will be meeting people in person for the first time and I guarantee it will be like we all grew up in the same neighborhood. There are not many sites out there that promote that kind of behavior or has that caliber of people on it.

The ABC's have been life changing for me, there has not been one that I have not PR'd at. This speaks a lot because all of them were done after I did my strongman training in the morning. It is the atmosphere and the people cheering you on. It is just crazy, only those of us that have been there understand. I may not be the strongest dude out there or the biggest but because of Animal I have more heart and dedication then I did when I started. I am super competitive and the group here has helped me a long the way. I am no longer the guy at the gym watching the big guys wondering how they lift that much and wanting to ask questions. I am slowly becoming the guy that everyone comes and asks questions to. I always relay what I know and if someone here told me what I am repeating then I always give props to the Animal who told me.

The best ABC this year for me was the one at my gym. I got to bring in my passion and share it with people I work out with and around daily. They were super impressed with all of the Animal guys. Not only were they impressed they couldn't believe and IFBB PRo named House came to a local ABC to lift with us. I told everyone, there is only one company that does this and it is Animal. This is all reasons to why I had to put my name back in the pot to be a cage intern. If you don't pick me I will understand since I can only do Sunday but I will be in the cage regardless. Thanks for reading.

mulisha
01-16-13, 7:23 pm
Every one has more than one pic so I fig I would post another for the cage http://instagr.am/p/UkHmlPBnv_/

Kowboy
01-16-13, 7:36 pm
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...nicCollage.jpg

BadAss Black and White
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/TrebinBW.jpg

Get some
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/x...bert/motto.jpg

GUNS
01-18-13, 2:38 pm
This has been unbelievably quiet!

mulisha
01-18-13, 3:03 pm
Man I no I check this thred out about every hr lol I stop posting so I dident look like the crazy new guy

mulisha
01-18-13, 11:34 pm
Refresh page an repeat

deanna7272
01-18-13, 11:38 pm
Refresh page an repeat

Breathe... They will give a heads up to when they are selecting...

mulisha
01-18-13, 11:45 pm
I'm tryyyyyying hahahaha

deanna7272
01-19-13, 12:08 am
I'm tryyyyyying hahahaha

Believe me, I know how difficult the wait is... We all drive ourselves crazy with anticipation, but believe me it is SO worth the wait!!!

mulisha
01-19-13, 12:19 am
I no I no I keep geting email an I think it from the forvm nope Walmart is having a sale ahhhh damnit ;)

deanna7272
01-19-13, 1:22 am
I no I no I keep geting email an I think it from the forvm nope Walmart is having a sale ahhhh damnit ;)

Lmao lmao lmao!!!

mulisha
01-19-13, 1:48 am
Glad u like that lol

Kowboy
01-19-13, 11:48 am
This has been unbelievably quiet!

It certainly has, I know I can't wait to get in there (if they pick me of course)

Kowboy
01-19-13, 11:48 am
Believe me, I know how difficult the wait is... We all drive ourselves crazy with anticipation, but believe me it is SO worth the wait!!!

It is def worth the wait, amazing time in the cage.

mulisha
01-19-13, 11:09 pm
Can we a date Wen the first ones will work so we can have a count down

Phil800101
01-19-13, 11:39 pm
Can we a date Wen the first ones will work so we can have a count down

Relax my man, the time will come.

Based on the past, my guess is that they'll announce the winners in about 2-3 weeks.

Phil800101
01-19-13, 11:40 pm
I'm surprised there aren't more entries in here...

If you're reading this and you're on the fence, go ahead and throw your hat in the ring. Trust me, it's the experience of a lifetime!

mulisha
01-20-13, 12:20 am
If u guys don't hear from me for a wile its bc I broke my thumb hiting the refresh buttion

Blondie Weapon X
01-20-13, 1:18 am
Having threads like this is why the Animal Family exist! Every member has the option to be heard and participate in an event that is viewed with respect & honor !
With that being said I would love the chance to join the Animals in The CAGE once again. I can be available any day or days that you need.
I have been going to the Arnold for many years and several years ago I began a friendship with Animal that run deep in my blood, Animal is my roots and its where my journey into bodybuilding began. I am here forever.
I enjoy traveling to other cities to support as many ABC as I can. I wear my Animal shirts with pride and always will with a sense of honor and when I wear the Logo I know that I am a part of a family that will be here to cheer me on as I am here to cheer on any member.

http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/user/Dixie_Whited_Frost/media/Facebook/2012%20Arnold%20Expo%20The%20Cage%20%20National%20 ABC/474613_3527509346879_678660069_o.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/user/Dixie_Whited_Frost/media/Facebook/2012%20Arnold%20Expo%20The%20Cage%20%20National%20 ABC/477489_3520648935373_1760539229_o.jpg.html?sort=3&o=27

http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/user/Dixie_Whited_Frost/media/Facebook/2012%20Arnold%20Expo%20The%20Cage%20%20National%20 ABC/468924_3510804489268_1587626035_o.jpg.html?sort=3&o=107

http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/user/Dixie_Whited_Frost/media/Facebook/Columbus%20Oh%20Animal%20ABC%20Event/430793_3252539432803_613210881_n.jpg.html?sort=3&o=43

http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/user/Dixie_Whited_Frost/media/Facebook/ARNOLD%20%20ANIMAL%20CAGE%202010/26816_1410519103446_2377292_n.jpg.html?sort=3&o=125

Nfleagle78
01-21-13, 5:51 pm
Why should I be picked? My exstensive knowledge of the products along with my great personality and the knowledge of bodybuilding sport! I live close to Columbus and have already scheduled that weekend off. I feel like I have the personality, work ethic, knowledge, and good build to be able to help at the cage! I have been bodybuilding for 6 years now (currently 26) currently 6'4" 330lbs and have a decent bodybuilding physique. I promise I will not disappoint!

http://instagr.am/p/TMM9HILEyM/

http://instagr.am/p/UWz7k4LE1x/

http://instagr.am/p/TbpQfdrEw7/

http://instagr.am/p/TMP54gLE1K/

Kowboy
01-21-13, 10:12 pm
I'm surprised there aren't more entries in here...

If you're reading this and you're on the fence, go ahead and throw your hat in the ring. Trust me, it's the experience of a lifetime!

Still not a whole lot of entries, it is def a great time.

Blondie Weapon X
01-22-13, 12:04 am
Why should I be picked? My exstensive knowledge of the products along with my great personality and the knowledge of bodybuilding sport! I live close to Columbus and have already scheduled that weekend off. I feel like I have the personality, work ethic, knowledge, and good build to be able to help at the cage! I have been bodybuilding for 6 years now (currently 26) currently 6'4" 330lbs and have a decent bodybuilding physique. I promise I will not disappoint!

http://instagr.am/p/TMM9HILEyM/

http://instagr.am/p/UWz7k4LE1x/

http://instagr.am/p/TbpQfdrEw7/

http://instagr.am/p/TMP54gLE1K/

Well well well Nfleagle nice to see you here mate!!

BringTheCarnage
01-22-13, 5:52 am
Yeah I know I seem to be that guy who isn't around much on the forum until this time of the year, I hope I am not looked down upon because believe me from the time that I started my journey from obese to where I am today Animal has always been there for me and I have always represented the name to the best of my ability. This is the greatest company in the world that cares about the little people who may not seem like anything to others, this community is so much more like a family. If its not here on the forum then its all the support and encouragement via facebook or some other social network. I would love to not only be apart of the cage but to help make it the best cage of all time! Last year I was an intern and had the most amazing time hanging out with the crew and helping out in the shop talking to other bodybuilding enthusiast about Animal! and just being engulfed in all that the cage is about, the intensity and excitement that it brings is second to none and obviously there isnt anything like being in the heart of all the action! so! I would be honored to represent Animal another year but either way ill see everyone at the Arnold, the cage, Metro fitness and of course BD's!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150345964793729&set=pb.775828728.-2207520000.1358851657&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-snc7%2F300754_10150345964793729_1391998135_n.jpg&size=720%2C540

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150212275029377&set=t.775828728&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash4%2F190104_10150212275029377_8068822_n.jpg&size=720%2C540

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150900003663729&set=pb.775828728.-2207520000.1358850535&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash3%2F558635_10150900003663729_116329247_n.jpg&size=520%2C726

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150686774753729&set=pb.775828728.-2207520000.1358850535&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash4%2F430576_10150686774753729_1448025024_n.jpg&size=877%2C654

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150666772343729&set=pb.775828728.-2207520000.1358850535&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-snc7%2F476401_10150666772343729_2139424215_o.jpg&smallsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-snc7%2F425148_10150666772343729_2139424215_n.jpg&size=972%2C1296

deanna7272
01-22-13, 11:24 am
Yeah I know I seem to be that guy who isn't around much on the forum until this time of the year, I hope I am not looked down upon because believe me from the time that I started my journey from obese to where I am today Animal has always been there for me and I have always represented the name to the best of my ability. This is the greatest company in the world that cares about the little people who may not seem like anything to others, this community is so much more like a family. If its not here on the forum then its all the support and encouragement via facebook or some other social network. I would love to not only be apart of the cage but to help make it the best cage of all time! Last year I was an intern and had the most amazing time hanging out with the crew and helping out in the shop talking to other bodybuilding enthusiast about Animal! and just being engulfed in all that the cage is about, the intensity and excitement that it brings is second to none and obviously there isnt anything like being in the heart of all the action! so! I would be honored to represent Animal another year but either way ill see everyone at the Arnold, the cage, Metro fitness and of course BD's!!!!

Glad to see ya putting in for this.... We all understand how life gets sometimes, we have all been there... You have made strides, you've come a long way, be proud!!

Firefist
01-22-13, 4:45 pm
I don’t know how I should start this entry. To say that I’ve been an avid poster continuously since ‘08 would be a lie. But I can honestly say I’ve lived up to the Animal code ever since 2008.

For anyone who doesn’t know me, I was the Anti-Asian back in the days. You’ve probably seen me at the Akron/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Erie/Ohio Valley/Columbus ABC’s from ‘08-early ‘11 and posting up til around then. The year after the Arnold in 2011 came and a lot of things happened. I was almost killed in a car crash and then a motorcycle accident. Training was pretty much out of the question for months except for light accessory work a few days a week. I made a recovery going into the fall and then I re-tore my shoulder in the winter in a freak rock climbing accident after falling quite a ways down. I couldn't raise a 10 pound DB without screaming, set up for a squat or deadlift, or even use a machine like the hack squat. Because of injuries and work sending me on a trip to Canada to fix their problems, I couldn't make the 2012 Cage. To say I was depressed about it was a vast understatement. But after recouping over the past summer and fall, I’ve been kicking down doors, shoving shotguns up Uncle Injury’s ass and becoming stronger than I ever was. I attribute this all to the Animal mentality I've gained throughout the years.

I come from the Animal Country that is Ohio/PA, and will rep that crew til the end, but I also have branched out into my parent's homeland, Taiwan. I wear my ABC coordinator avi with pride on the FORVM. I remember the first session we had years ago in a little fitness gym in Neihu with DBs that only went to 75. Since then, we have slowly put together a small Animal crew that I can call my brothers and now we all train in the best hardcore gyms in Taiwan. The last time I was there, 2 of my homies were neck deep in pre-contest prep, and all of us, 7 deep, rolled into the gym every day for the last 2 weeks to train, no matter if we were sick, if our shoulders were hurt or if we had other plans we needed to cancel. The Taiwan chapter has been growing in a country where weight training has been somewhat of a taboo until recent years.

You can say I don't post enough on the forum to merit a chance, but working 8AM-4PM, going to class 6PM-10PM for my masters, and working 11PM-3AM on call, I really don't get much chance too.

Ever since I was given the opportunity to work with you guys back in ’10, I’ve been itchin to be of service again. A big name in the family, Ghost, will be missing this year and I would be honored to try and fill his shoes along with some of my other brothers and sisters. You guys know that I know the lifestyle, the products and what it means to be an animal. I would do my best to represent you the only way I know how. I will be there every day of the weekend regardless if I get picked or not, but I am ready and most certainly willing to put in work, every single day, if you pick me.

Thank you for your consideration.

This was at the 2011 Arnold while training with the Giant Killer, Shaun Clarida.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u621/abcweiping/ani_zps32bdc42a.jpg

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 4:50 pm
You can say I don't post enough on the forum to merit a chance

How many posts ya got here should have nuthin to do with it brotha... There is no rule about minimum # of posts. I know sum here think only the most active members should be selected but I dont necessarily agree. I think ya need balance.

Mr. Dead
01-22-13, 5:00 pm
How many posts ya got here should have nuthin to do with it brotha... There is no rule about minimum # of posts. I know sum here think only the most active members should be selected but I dont necessarily agree. I think ya need balance.

Agreed... Wait... Wut...???

But, srsly, I do agree...

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 5:01 pm
Agreed... Wait... Wut...???

But, srsly, I do agree...

Nuthin wrong with a mix of old and new faces...

GUNS
01-22-13, 5:17 pm
Any word on when some names will be released?

Christman
01-22-13, 10:35 pm
I interned in the CAGE on Friday last year and it would be an honor to be considered for the opportunity to intern once again. Last year my day was split between monitoring the VIP area and working the shop. Both jobs were great because it gave me the opportunity to meet others who are big believers of Animal products and a chance to pass on what I knew to those who were curious about them. I am local Columbus and I always make it a priority to hit up the CAGE every year at the expo. Since last year, I have made it to every local ABC that I could and have been repping Animal gear every time I go to the gym. It has been such a great experience meeting those that I talk to on the FORVM in person. Each time I meet another person from here it feels as if I have already known them for years and it instantly feels like we are both long-time members of this iron family. I love how we are all supportive of each other even though each one of us has different dreams, goals, and motivation for why we are in this game.

I am fortunate that the Arnold is local and that it happens to fall on my birthday weekend nearly every year. I'm planning at being at the expo all day Friday and Saturday as well as training Thursday and Friday night at Metro when everyone rolls into town (and the national ABC of course!). The only time I am not available during the weekend will be 7-11am Sunday morning, I'll be working one of the wristband ticket-exchange booths again this year. I'll be at the expo for the remainder of Sunday and will be available to help out in the CAGE or anywhere else you need me.

So there it is… I’d love to do whatever I can to help. If this year is anything like last year, which I am sure this year will blow last year away, it will be the best weekend of the year for everyone involved. Thank you!

1-19-2013 at the Cincinnati ABC.
http://imgur.com/aiMnCz6

mulisha
01-22-13, 10:40 pm
I feal like my entry is a Lil weak Ahh damn

Blondie Weapon X
01-22-13, 11:04 pm
1-19-2013 at the Cincinnati ABC.
http://imgur.com/aiMnCz6

Nice picture!! I feel like Ive seen it before?? LOL!!

01-23-13, 2:43 am
Nuthin wrong with a mix of old and new faces...

Exactly! We were all new faces at one point in time. Part of our duty as Animal's to welcome newcomers with open arms and include them! I cant imagine where I'd be if you guys hadn't taken me in years ago......Probably would have had a little more fun through college, but nothing to show for it. haha

BringTheCarnage
01-23-13, 4:12 am
Glad to see ya putting in for this.... We all understand how life gets sometimes, we have all been there... You have made strides, you've come a long way, be proud!!

always knew there was a reason I loved you Deanna! always so supportive!

flex-em
01-23-13, 6:56 am

I've held out for this exact reason, i'm more of a lurker. Maybe I'll give it a shot!

naturalguy
01-23-13, 8:18 am
Any word on when some names will be released?

Hopefully soon, lots of great entries to pick from

Christman
01-23-13, 8:26 am
Nice picture!! I feel like Ive seen it before?? LOL!!

Haha, I believe you have! Thanks for taking the pic for me Dixie, I am not one for taking many photos in general.

GUNS
01-23-13, 9:13 am

Thanks NG!

Universal Rep
01-23-13, 9:20 am
I've held out for this exact reason, i'm more of a lurker. Maybe I'll give it a shot!

Def post brotha. The FORVM and the CAGE need new blood...

freighttraindane
01-23-13, 9:40 am

Yeah no doubt

Nix0r
01-23-13, 9:42 am

So pumped for this.

kcburrows
01-23-13, 10:00 am
I cant wait for this years cage!!!!! its gonna be the best yet, cant wait to stock up on new fresh gear!!!!

Universal Rep
01-23-13, 10:01 am
I cant wait for this years cage!!!!! its gonna be the best yet, cant wait to stock up on new fresh gear!!!!

Remember, no credit cards, haha...

GUNS
01-23-13, 10:09 am

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_Facepalm_colle ction-s640x387-821771.jpg

Glad you said this! I dont know if I would have been prepared for it!

kcburrows
01-23-13, 3:06 pm

ha no kidding brotha! last year i was at the atm twice to get new animal gear! lol

kcburrows
01-23-13, 3:10 pm
http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2012/03/28/48700052/gallerypic/ZNnybYTmObeLMxjholWcwUcwaIQNyxjAuwom.jpg

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2012/03/28/48700052/gallerypic/zDdaQgTtayyGQyatHBvoNmKerhxemfdoUega.jpg

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2012/03/28/48700052/gallerypic/nVzgOXxHlJpKLcRTlULFVnQuXYNhvrTYQuph.jpg

Kowboy
01-23-13, 6:13 pm
I just want to show everyone what they are missing if they are on the fence (I didn't add music as it was pretty awesome already)

http://youtu.be/b4fC17H0sME

smoothballer
01-23-13, 6:24 pm
I just want to show everyone what they are missing if they are on the fence (I didn't add music as it was pretty awesome already)

Nice!

Kowboy
01-23-13, 6:28 pm
Nice!

I know you remember all that lol

deanna7272
01-23-13, 6:48 pm

Damn, damn, damn... Come on time... You're passing WAY TOO slowly...

Kowboy
01-23-13, 6:49 pm
Damn, damn, damn... Come on time... You're passing WAY TOO slowly...

Doesn't that make it worse lol

deanna7272
01-23-13, 6:50 pm
Doesn't that make it worse lol

Yesssssss!!!!

Makes me miss that crazy ass Ghost too....

Thunder Chicken
01-23-13, 7:18 pm
I would love to have the chance for this! i have seen some people have so much fun!, the only thing is i could only do it on Sunday! :( but i would like the chance to do this! i have been an Animal for a while now, and with the help of Little Z, CC and a few other Animals, i went from a small Turd in High School to Maxing my bench to 315 over this past summer when it was not even 185. i know i dont say much on the Forums but i am still here watching and trying to be a part of what i can!
thanks for this chance again!

i dig the yellow hat on black & yellow shirt! http://i47.tinypic.com/2hwl251.jpg

Christman
01-23-13, 9:38 pm

Great video Mark, I'll never forget seeing that bad-ass-no-hands squat.

flex-em
01-23-13, 11:48 pm
Def post brotha. The FORVM and the CAGE need new blood...

Female blood, long time Uni/Animal sista here... ;) https://www.facebook.com/emilywesthoven.

Blondie Weapon X
01-24-13, 1:04 am
Makes me miss that crazy ass Ghost too....[/QUOTE]

Me too... It will be so strange in the Cage without his crazy ass!

Blondie Weapon X
01-24-13, 1:11 am

Great Video Trebin!!

Great video Mark, I'll never forget seeing that bad-ass-no-hands squat.

Domichi, Brings tears to my eyes!!

Kowboy
01-24-13, 7:49 am
I just thought I would make the anticipation worse lol

Blondie Weapon X
01-24-13, 8:11 am
I just thought I would make the anticipation worse lol

Mission Accomplished !

Kowboy
01-24-13, 8:13 am
Mission Accomplished !

I was going through my old pics and found all of mine from the cage. Man I wish it was more then once a year.

shortstack
01-24-13, 10:00 am
I'm going to throw in for this year also.

I've been going to the AC since 08 and always thought it would be great to stand on the other side of the barrels but just thought that if I did I'd miss everything else happening through out the expo. What I've come to realize is that every time I went wandering around, I usually missed something awesome that was happening at the cage and I end up spending more and more time there and less time wandering.

It's a great opportunity to help out, grow the brotherhood I share with Animals from all over the globe, and get new people interested and hooked on a great company with a ton of great products.

I'd love a shot at helping out for a day and keeping things moving at the shop.

Here are a few of my favorite gym shots through the years.

Glad I bumped that from an L to an XL
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Arnold%20Classic/100_2930.jpg

Getting my ass kicked by Farnsworth
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Arnold%20Classic%2009/100_4350.jpg

One of my favorite pics.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg232/shortstack74/Arnold%20Classic%202010/100_4612.jpg

Thanks for the consideration.
Jeremy

Universal Rep
01-24-13, 11:06 am
How many total entries we got so far?

Razor
01-24-13, 11:10 am

I counted 21 (?)

freighttraindane
01-24-13, 1:55 pm

These are the people who have entered thus far by my count:
1. Trebin
2. deanna7272
3. Guns
4. Nix0r
5. Bambam92 (no picture)
6. Razor
7. mulisha
8. THEChaseBrowning
9. kcburrows
10. tark
11. Phil800101
12. twoheadedboy
13. smoothballer
14. freighttraindane
15. Blondie Weapon X
16. Nfleagle78
17. BringTheCarnage
18. Firefist
19. Domichi
20. Thunder Chicken
21. shortstack

Kowboy
01-24-13, 1:58 pm
Pretty good turnout!

FitPrincess122
01-24-13, 2:34 pm
Makes me miss that crazy ass Ghost too....

Me too... It will be so strange in the Cage without his crazy ass![/QUOTE]

wait... time.out. ghost WON'T be in the cage?!?!

smoothballer
01-24-13, 2:36 pm

wait... time.out. ghost WON'T be in the cage?!?![/QUOTE]

Yeah he will be out of the country

deanna7272
01-24-13, 2:37 pm

wait... time.out. ghost WON'T be in the cage?!?![/QUOTE]

No, he can't make it this year... Prior commitment meeting up with someone he served with, his other brotherhood... Respect...

GUNS
01-24-13, 2:46 pm
These are the people who have entered thus far by my count:
1. Trebin
2. deanna7272
3. Guns
4. Nix0r
5. Bambam92 (no picture)
6. Razor
7. mulisha
8. THEChaseBrowning
9. kcburrows
10. tark
11. Phil800101
12. twoheadedboy
13. smoothballer
14. freighttraindane
15. Blondie Weapon X
16. Nfleagle78
17. BringTheCarnage
18. Firefist
19. Domichi
20. Thunder Chicken
21. shortstack

Great legion of folks right here!

swolkicker
01-24-13, 6:15 pm
started using the pak in high school thanx to my dad because of playing dual sports all the time and have been on it since. the pak turned into the videos and the gear and really what animal stood for. ive also gotten to do 1 abc and have always wanted to go to the Arnold but not just for the show, the other big reason is the cage where all the weight gets thrown around. so what would be cooler than to get the chance to be apart of that for my first Arnold.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/207937_525839897430254_1374371994_n1.jpg
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/394219_525839054097005_408855057_n1.jpg
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/408898_525330814147829_303851846_n1.jpg
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/47634_577497758931134_319967631_n1.jpg

mulisha
01-24-13, 6:18 pm
One name make some progress ahhhhhhh

GUNS
01-24-13, 6:18 pm
started using the pak in high school thanx to my dad because of playing dual sports all the time and have been on it since. the pak turned into the videos and the gear and really what animal stood for. ive also gotten to do 1 abc and have always wanted to go to the Arnold but not just for the show, the other big reason is the cage where all the weight gets thrown around. so what would be cooler than to get the chance to be apart of that for my first Arnold.

Welcome son, good luck!

deanna7272
01-24-13, 9:50 pm
Welcome son, good luck!

Welcome Guns' son... I told Pops, you're in for a treat!!!

mulisha
01-28-13, 2:31 am
Still nothing

01-28-13, 6:45 am
Lots of vets and lots of new faces!! This is going to be great!

Kowboy
01-28-13, 8:21 am
so hard to wait!

GUNS
01-28-13, 8:55 am
so hard to wait!

My refresh button is getting wore out! Lol!

Christman
01-28-13, 8:57 am
If I recall correctly from last year, the selections were not announced until after the beginning of February. Also, I have not even seen a deadline for entries yet unless it's somewhere in this thread and I just missed it.

Universal Rep
01-28-13, 9:35 am
Solid group of entries, lets keep 'em comin, were almost done...

1. Trebin
2. deanna7272
3. Guns
4. Nix0r
5. Bambam92 (no picture)
6. Razor
7. mulisha
8. THEChaseBrowning
9. kcburrows
10. tark
11. Phil800101
12. twoheadedboy
13. smoothballer
14. freighttraindane
15. Blondie Weapon X
16. Nfleagle78
17. BringTheCarnage
18. Firefist
19. Domichi
20. Thunder Chicken
21. shortstack
22. swolkicker

Whos interned before and whos a newb?

freighttraindane
01-28-13, 9:43 am
Solid group of entries, lets keep 'em comin, were almost done...

1. Trebin - vet
2. deanna7272 - vet
3. Guns - newb
4. Nix0r
5. Bambam92 (no picture)
6. Razor
7. mulisha - newb
8. THEChaseBrowning - vet
9. kcburrows
10. tark
11. Phil800101- vet
12. twoheadedboy
13. smoothballer - vet
14. freighttraindane - Intern Newbie - Cage Veteran
15. Blondie Weapon X
16. Nfleagle78 - newb
17. BringTheCarnage
18. Firefist
19. Domichi
20. Thunder Chicken
21. shortstack - vet
22. swolkicker - newb

Kowboy
01-28-13, 9:47 am
I did last year and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do it again! Such an amazing time. This year I can only do Sunday though...hopefully it doesn't take me out of the running.

GUNS
01-28-13, 9:52 am
It is my first time being able to get to the Cage! Newb here! My son, Swolkicker as well!

Kowboy
01-28-13, 9:53 am
It is my first time being able to get to the Cage! Newb here! My son, Swolkicker as well!

Welcome to the forum noob! :) I am excited to meet ya in person.

GUNS
01-28-13, 9:56 am
Welcome to the forum noob! :) I am excited to meet ya in person.

Hahaha, You too Mark! And dont forget, its "Forvm"! lol!

Kowboy
01-28-13, 10:00 am
Hahaha, You too Mark! And dont forget, its "Forvm"! lol!

Sorry lol doing too man things at once here at work ya know. 1 more month

GUNS
01-28-13, 10:03 am
I know! Cant wait!

shortstack
01-28-13, 10:34 am
I'm a cage Vet and have helped out but never as an official Intern.

Universal Rep
01-28-13, 10:47 am
welcome to the forum noob! :) i am excited to meet ya in person.

hahaha, you too mark! And dont forget, its "forvm"! Lol!

the FORVM...

Universal Rep
01-28-13, 10:48 am
I did last year and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do it again! Such an amazing time. This year I can only do Sunday though...hopefully it doesn't take me out of the running.

Interns needed every day...

Kowboy
01-28-13, 10:52 am
the FORVM...

You got me :( the FORVM

Kowboy
01-28-13, 10:53 am
Interns needed every day...

Very true, lets hope I am a lucky one here on THE FORVM (see what I did there...)

Universal Rep
01-28-13, 11:02 am
Very true, lets hope I am a lucky one here on THE FORVM (see what I did there...)

Haha, nice...

Fellas, be warned. This is tough work. Volunteer only if srs....

Kowboy
01-28-13, 11:06 am
Haha, nice...

Fellas, be warned. This is tough work. Volunteer only if srs....

It was insane last year, managing sups, the lanyards, badges, vip shit...totally worth it.

Phil800101
01-28-13, 11:54 am

Updating freighttraindane's post:

1. Trebin - Veteran (2012)
2. deanna7272 - Veteran (2012, 2010)
3. Guns - Newb
4. Nix0r - Veteran (2012, 2011)
5. Bambam92 (no picture) - Veteran (2009)
6. Razor - Veteran (2012, 2011)
7. mulisha - Newb
8. THEChaseBrowning - Veteran (2012, 2011)
9. kcburrows - Newb
10. tark - Newb
11. Phil800101- Veteran (2012, 2011, 2010)
12. twoheadedboy- Veteran (2012)
13. smoothballer - Veteran (2012)
14. freighttraindane - Intern Newb - Cage Veteran
15. Blondie Weapon X - Veteran (2012)
16. Nfleagle78 - Newb
17. BringTheCarnage - Veteran (2012)
18. Firefist - Newb
19. Domichi -Veteran (2012)
20. Thunder Chicken - Newb
21. shortstack - Intern Newb - Cage Veteran
22. swolkicker - Newb

I pulled this info from the 2009-2012 threads, I don't think I missed anyone on this list but my apologies if I did.

2009: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?24022-Special-thanks-to-the-Animal-Interns
2010: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?29337-PROMO-The-Cage-quot-Interns-quot-Selected
2011: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34944-The-Cage-quot-Interns-quot
2012: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?38093-Intern-Schedule-for-the-CAGE!/page3

Firefist
01-28-13, 1:09 pm

3. Guns - Newb
7. mulisha - Newb
9. kcburrows - Newb
10. tark - Newb
16. Nfleagle78 - Newb
18. Firefist - Veteran (2008-2011) Intern (2010)
22. swolkicker - Newb

I pulled this info from the 2009-2012 threads, I don't think I missed anyone on this list but my apologies if I did.

2009: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?24022-Special-thanks-to-the-Animal-Interns
2010: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?29337-PROMO-The-Cage-quot-Interns-quot-Selected
2011: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34944-The-Cage-quot-Interns-quot
2012: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?38093-Intern-Schedule-for-the-CAGE!/page3

Fixed

Phil800101
01-28-13, 1:15 pm
Fixed

Sorry about that, forgot about the name change.

Firefist
01-28-13, 1:32 pm
Sorry about that, forgot about the name change.

all good my brotha.

Universal Rep
01-29-13, 11:21 am

3. Guns - Newb
7. mulisha - Newb
9. kcburrows - Newb
10. tark - Newb
16. Nfleagle78 - Newb
18. Firefist - Newb
22. swolkicker - Newb

Very helpful thnx man..

Blondie Weapon X
01-29-13, 11:30 am

3. Guns - Newb
7. mulisha - Newb
9. kcburrows - Newb
10. tark - Newb
16. Nfleagle78 - Newb
18. Firefist - Newb
22. swolkicker - Newb

Looks good! Boom!!

Universal Rep
01-29-13, 12:24 pm
Lets wrap this up soon... Any of ya fellas on the fence, sign in and sign up. Lookin for seasoned vets and new faces alike...

Kowboy
01-29-13, 12:49 pm
Lets wrap this up soon... Any of ya fellas on the fence, sign in and sign up. Lookin for seasoned vets and new faces alike...

YES!!!!!!!!! Sounds good to me.

GUNS
01-29-13, 12:50 pm

Come on release it already! LOL! Feb 1st??????

smoothballer
01-29-13, 1:30 pm

I like what I am seeing

Phil800101
01-29-13, 3:00 pm
Very helpful thnx man..

Sure thing, glad to do it.

Looks good! Boom!!

Thanks...indeed!

Phil800101
01-29-13, 3:02 pm

It's hard work, but it is more than worth it. I've never ever heard anyone say they regretted being an intern, but I have heard plenty of people say they wish they had signed up...

Nfleagle78
01-29-13, 3:49 pm
I have been praying to the iron gods that I am selected! It would be the best pick IMO haha

swolkicker
01-29-13, 7:56 pm
the closer it gets to the cage the more i cant wait.. but i cant wait even more to hear the results... looking forward to my first arnold and getting to see the cage not to mention the abc.. really does sound like a weekend in paradise lol.. but seriously..

FitPrincess122
01-30-13, 10:38 am
wait... time.out. ghost WON'T be in the cage?!?!

No, he can't make it this year... Prior commitment meeting up with someone he served with, his other brotherhood... Respect...[/QUOTE]

always always have much respect for that man... however he will be missed

Mr. Dead
01-30-13, 4:15 pm

It's hard work, but it is more than worth it. I've never ever heard anyone say they regretted being an intern, but I have heard plenty of people say they wish they had signed up...

Hard work, nothin'... I had a total blast... It's not work, if you're havin' fun...

Universal Rep
01-30-13, 4:26 pm
For those who interned before, if ur so inclined, how hard wuz it? Wut was the best part of bein an intern? The toughest part? Wut would ya change?

deanna7272
01-30-13, 4:45 pm
For those who interned before, if ur so inclined, how hard wuz it? Wut was the best part of bein an intern? The toughest part? Wut would ya change?

Ohhhh, lets see...

The hustle and bustle, keeping people happy, dealing with the "public" and keeping up with the demand are definitely issues working the store side ((ah, man... can't ya give me a deal??)) One of the best things when working the store is when a kid (clearly a schmedium) came to buy a T and all we had was like 2x and he was ALL over it...

Working the VIP area was much more "relaxed" but you also need to watch the dynamics that happen around you as far as product etiquette ((don't load your damn gym bag with the freebies provided!!!)) Taking care of VIP passes was cool because even those that are less known on the Forvm get involved to be INSIDE and it's a chance to let them see what it means to be an ANIMAL VIP... I took care of the BYBW stuff last year and getting everyone on the same page as far as how to, where to go, and what's expected before and after was fun... I love getting to talk with everyone in the process as far as meeting new folks, spreading the word about the ABC's and what Animal means to all of us.

Whatever you get to do, it's a long day... On your feet the whole time, running for stuff when needed, maneuvering through the sea of people to get what or whoever you are sent for ((people DO move for ya when they see you in a "special" shirt...lol)) You are completely drained at the end of each day, year you can't wait for the next.

When Sunday rolls around (time sure flies, be sure to soak in as much as you can) you don't want it to end... It's always a sad time for me when people start to pack up to catch their flights, take off to head home and I know that it's going to be another year before I get to see them again... ;-(

Universal Rep
01-30-13, 4:46 pm
It's always a sad time for me when people start to pack up to catch their flights, take off to head home and I know that it's going to be another year before I get to see them again... ;-(

Just follow 'em home, haha.

deanna7272
01-30-13, 4:50 pm
Just follow 'em home, haha.

Yea, because THAT'S not CREEPY at all...

Universal Rep
01-30-13, 4:53 pm
Yea, because THAT'S not CREEPY at all...

Only if they catch u.

GUNS
01-30-13, 4:55 pm
Only if they catch u.

Or unless they want you to!

deanna7272
01-30-13, 5:10 pm
Only if they catch u.

Ohhh geeezz... Now you'll have the new guys all freaked out... ;-)

Or unless they want you to!

True, true ;-) ... Hey, wait a second... Lol

Mr. Dead
01-30-13, 5:39 pm

I personally had a blast, the whole time... But, I liked the fast and busy pace... I probably should have taken my lunch breaks... *LOL* The hardest part was finding someone that had change...

Phil800101
01-30-13, 6:05 pm

Ohhhh, lets see...

The hustle and bustle, keeping people happy, dealing with the "public" and keeping up with the demand are definitely issues working the store side ((ah, man... can't ya give me a deal??)) One of the best things when working the store is when a kid (clearly a schmedium) came to buy a T and all we had was like 2x and he was ALL over it...

Working the VIP area was much more "relaxed" but you also need to watch the dynamics that happen around you as far as product etiquette ((don't load your damn gym bag with the freebies provided!!!)) Taking care of VIP passes was cool because even those that are less known on the Forvm get involved to be INSIDE and it's a chance to let them see what it means to be an ANIMAL VIP... I took care of the BYBW stuff last year and getting everyone on the same page as far as how to, where to go, and what's expected before and after was fun... I love getting to talk with everyone in the process as far as meeting new folks, spreading the word about the ABC's and what Animal means to all of us.

Whatever you get to do, it's a long day... On your feet the whole time, running for stuff when needed, maneuvering through the sea of people to get what or whoever you are sent for ((people DO move for ya when they see you in a "special" shirt...lol)) You are completely drained at the end of each day, year you can't wait for the next.

When Sunday rolls around (time sure flies, be sure to soak in as much as you can) you don't want it to end... It's always a sad time for me when people start to pack up to catch their flights, take off to head home and I know that it's going to be another year before I get to see them again... ;-(

Dee pretty much hit the nail on the head, and I agree 100% with what she said. My experience as an intern has mainly been working in the shop, that's where I spent all three days of last year, all of Sunday the year before, and a good chunk of Saturday the year before that. Anyway, my answers are based on that perspective.

For the shop, the hardest parts I think are how busy it can be sometimes, and in dealing with some of the public...99% of the people are nothing but cool though.

The worst thing I ever dealt with or saw were some people here or there being insistent to the point of being annoying ("Hey man, can you make a deal?"), and even then that was only for a minute or two. Nothing too terrible, as long as you're patient, consistent, and stay cool.

When it comes to the busy part, that's not too bad either...again, as long as you're patient, consistent, and keep cool. I never was nor did I ever see anyone who was overwhelmed...the customers know you're busy, and the majority of them are pretty patient. You have to hustle at times for sure, but again it's nothing that bad.

In either case, you're working as part of a team, so there is always someone nearby to help out or back you up if need be. Sometimes people might ask me a question that I didn't know the answer to, but I never had a problem getting them an answer fairly quickly...and they almost always appreciated it. You get breaks, and things ebb and flow so there is slow and/or downtime throughout the day. Yeah, by the end of the day you'll be tired, but it's that good kind of tired that comes with a sense of satisfaction for a job well done.

The best part of being an intern was to be standing out there representing Animal and what the brand stands for. It's definitely an honor and a privilege to stand up there with the crew helping out and giving something back. Besides that, there are lots of people who are genuinely appreciative...whether you sold them some supps/gear or were able to answer their question, and for me at least it always felt good to be able to see someone walk away happy.

As for change, I wouldn't change anything necessarily but I would possibly add some minor things:

*As has been mentioned elsewhere, some "Cash Only" signs are a great idea.

*There are always some really common questions that get asked over and over every year..."Why did you sell out of Animal ____ already? Didn't you bring more?" or "Why can't I get a deal?" or "Why is Animal ____ $$$? I can get it on _____ for $$?". Maybe it would be helpful to have like an FAQ sheet of these with some common responses, either to hand out to the interns or post up on the inside of the shop...in either case, out of the sight of the general public, of course.

*In the past, sometimes it has been hard to find people when they have a meeting or whatever. I know the break/lunch schedule is always posted, but maybe it would be helpful to have another schedule posted of when so and so has a meeting or whatever and when they should be back. Again, nothing too detailed, just something like "Naturalguy: Meeting on Saturday at 1:00, should be back around 2:30-2:45." This way we'd have a quick and easy answer for people who come looking for people.

In any case, being an intern is hard work, but it is also as fun as all hell and the experience of a lifetime to say the least.

twoheadedboy
01-31-13, 2:36 am
The hardest part was having to come in with the general public 2 out of the 3 days when basically my entire crew worked the entire expo!

The only thing I would change is that hopefully the Sunday crew has more to do...either by bringing more stuff or by limiting quantities each day.

Also I would ask that official communication be sent via email rather than the Forvm, especially if it's last minute...I missed out on some important things last year that were published after I left for Columbus, and I wasn't checking the Forvm because I was there in the middle of it all weekend taking it all in - I didn't (in my mind) need to be reading about what I was seeing here (until afterward).

All in all an awesome experience though.

Kowboy
01-31-13, 8:25 am
I remember waking up that morning and domichi and I were talking to each other that whole week. Super excited to go hit it and intern on Friday. It is really hard to explain just exactly how anxious I was to get in there. We drove together and was pumped the whole way there. We parked and pretty much speed walked to the expo. At this point I really didn’t know many of the guys here and Nix came out and got us. We got to see the floor before all the people showed up. It was friggin nuts man, never seen that side of the expo before. We get to the cage and I meet ghost for the first time, awesome dude for sure. Then I see all the guys you read about on here and realize they are way bigger in person and not only that they are actually way nicer and more humble then you would expect. It truly was an awesome experience. So they set me up in the VIP area and I get to play bouncer and a bunch of assholes storm through and start trying to take tubs of shit out of the cage. Gotta say that takes balls w/ some of the big ass dudes that are in there.

As the day goes me and beastin are watching the areas, keeping people out etc and have a front row for all of the kick ass comps. I got to see Adam Scherr in person and that dude is insanely huge. The day flew by, it honestly went too fast for me.

smoothballer
01-31-13, 9:19 am

I had been a Cage veteran for years before having the opportunity to Intern last year. I interned on Saturday and for those who have never been to the Expo it is insane there. It is by far the busiest day. Nix came and got me before the expo opened to the public and I headed to the Cage. It was a quick setup to make sure we had enough of everything out before the crowd hit. At 9:00 the dam was released and in came the people. The first 5 minutes set the mood for the day. All of the limited edition cage shirts were gone in 5 minutes...a new record. From there it was non-stop selling. I was the floater so I spent most of my day helping people in the Shop. I answered questions about the different products that I use on a daily basis. Dealing with the customers who didn't understand that we took cash only or didn't have "specials" even though if you look at the prices they were on sale from retail. They also constantly wanted to "make a deal". I also got to float over to the main cage and bounce for the AV area and the Box. It was cool to see some of the lifts and make sure the Cage ran smoothly. I would say the hardest part of the job is the non-stopness of it all. You are on your feet helping out for the entire day. It was really enjoyable to give back to the company that have given me so much. This is what I found most enjoyable about it. Being part of the brotherhood and working side by side with Corporate and the Athletes. I would do it again in an instant and I highly suggest if you are on the fence to throw your name in the hat. You won't be disappointed...

Razor
01-31-13, 9:27 am
The greatest most enjoyable, grueling work i've ever done. Period. At the end of the day you're tired but you're a liar if your'e not smiling and happy as hell. If i had to pick something i didn't like the only thing i could think of is agreeing with Phil. We get those guys that want to buy 2 cans of Pack and get 2 free shirts. Drove me nuts. Then if you dont' say yes they ask you to get someone who can negotiate so you get NG or JDawg and boom they say the exact same thing you just said. Other than that little annoyance it's the blast of a lifetime.

Nix0r
01-31-13, 9:32 am
Dee pretty much hit the nail on the head, and I agree 100% with what she said. My experience as an intern has mainly been working in the shop, that's where I spent all three days of last year, all of Sunday the year before, and a good chunk of Saturday the year before that. Anyway, my answers are based on that perspective.

For the shop, the hardest parts I think are how busy it can be sometimes, and in dealing with some of the public...99% of the people are nothing but cool though.

The worst thing I ever dealt with or saw were some people here or there being insistent to the point of being annoying ("Hey man, can you make a deal?"), and even then that was only for a minute or two. Nothing too terrible, as long as you're patient, consistent, and stay cool.

When it comes to the busy part, that's not too bad either...again, as long as you're patient, consistent, and keep cool. I never was nor did I ever see anyone who was overwhelmed...the customers know you're busy, and the majority of them are pretty patient. You have to hustle at times for sure, but again it's nothing that bad.

In either case, you're working as part of a team, so there is always someone nearby to help out or back you up if need be. Sometimes people might ask me a question that I didn't know the answer to, but I never had a problem getting them an answer fairly quickly...and they almost always appreciated it. You get breaks, and things ebb and flow so there is slow and/or downtime throughout the day. Yeah, by the end of the day you'll be tired, but it's that good kind of tired that comes with a sense of satisfaction for a job well done.

The best part of being an intern was to be standing out there representing Animal and what the brand stands for. It's definitely an honor and a privilege to stand up there with the crew helping out and giving something back. Besides that, there are lots of people who are genuinely appreciative...whether you sold them some supps/gear or were able to answer their question, and for me at least it always felt good to be able to see someone walk away happy.

As for change, I wouldn't change anything necessarily but I would possibly add some minor things:

*As has been mentioned elsewhere, some "Cash Only" signs are a great idea.

*There are always some really common questions that get asked over and over every year..."Why did you sell out of Animal ____ already? Didn't you bring more?" or "Why can't I get a deal?" or "Why is Animal ____ $$$? I can get it on _____ for $$?". Maybe it would be helpful to have like an FAQ sheet of these with some common responses, either to hand out to the interns or post up on the inside of the shop...in either case, out of the sight of the general public, of course.

*In the past, sometimes it has been hard to find people when they have a meeting or whatever. I know the break/lunch schedule is always posted, but maybe it would be helpful to have another schedule posted of when so and so has a meeting or whatever and when they should be back. Again, nothing too detailed, just something like "Naturalguy: Meeting on Saturday at 1:00, should be back around 2:30-2:45." This way we'd have a quick and easy answer for people who come looking for people.

In any case, being an intern is hard work, but it is also as fun as all hell and the experience of a lifetime to say the least.

Boom.

Also, it does hurt me inside a bit when someone who is my size comes and wants to buy a Large shirt.

Razor
01-31-13, 9:36 am
Boom.

Also, it does hurt me inside a bit when someone who is my size comes and wants to buy a Large shirt.

How else are you supposed to show off your Lat spread?

smoothballer
01-31-13, 9:37 am
Boom.

Smedium FTW

naturalguy
01-31-13, 9:39 am
Smedium FTW

Man if we sold smedium shirts we would never be able to keep them in stock lol

Razor
01-31-13, 9:40 am

hahaha!

smoothballer
01-31-13, 9:45 am

Nix would buy them all before the expo even opened...

Nix0r
01-31-13, 9:48 am
How else are you supposed to show off your Lat spread?

Fear my girth.

Nix would buy them all before the expo even opened...

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/crisxsilva/1342897512465.png

Christman
01-31-13, 10:21 am
I have lurked on the FORVM and visited the CAGE for many years but a little over a year ago I finally signed up and was lucky enough to get to intern for the first time on Friday at the CAGE in 2012. This also happened to be my birthday, and man let me tell you... it one of my best birthdays ever even though I busted my ass all day. Would I do it again... HELL YES! In a heartbeat!

Trebin and I carpooled down to the expo and met up with Nixor in the lobby so we could get in and prep before they opened the gates. I was tasked to float all day and my first assignment was help handout the LE CAGE shirts and collect the forms. I am pretty damn sure there were people sprinting to the CAGE just to make sure they got there in time to get and LE shirt, and that day's allotment of shirts was gone instantly. The rest of the day I was bouncing in the VIP area, helping in the shop as needed, running errands, housekeeping, and corralling people that had signed up for BYBW contests or were in the CAGE for seminars. I was on my feet all day, tired as hell, but loved every second of it.

It was a very long and exhausting day but it was the best experience that I have ever had at the expo. Even after training at Metro on Thursday night and interning in the CAGE on Friday, Trebin and I somehow found the energy and strength to make it back to Metro on Friday to train again. I am not sure how we did it, it was probably a mixture of Rage/Shock Therapy, euphoria from being in the CAGE all day, and pure adrenaline. On top of that, we were both hanging out in the CAGE the remainder of the weekend and trained again at the National ABC.

All of this and more can be yours if you intern in the CAGE. It was an experience that I would love the opportunity to have again this year and for many years to come.

flex-em
02-01-13, 1:47 am

We need a handfull of smalls for us ladies NG, i'm just now able to fill one of those out....

smoothballer
02-01-13, 10:03 am
Officially 1 month from the Cage. Hopefully the intern decision is coming soon...

Kowboy
02-01-13, 10:36 am
Officially 1 month from the Cage. Hopefully the intern decision is coming soon...

I am so nervous, it is like waiting for the results of a pregnancy test when you are 17...

Shukin
02-01-13, 10:39 am
I will be around all weekend if you guys need some help, you know you can always count on me to do what ever needs to be done.

deanna7272
02-01-13, 10:42 am
I am so nervous, it is like waiting for the results of a pregnancy test when you are 17...

I am so nervous, it is like MY GIRL AND I waiting for the results of a pregnancy test when WE were 17....

**fixed**

LMAO...MUST be the diet.... ;-)

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 10:44 am

Does it matter when? The winners will be in C-Bus anyway so even if the announcement is made a few days before the Arnold, that works eh?

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 10:46 am
Does it matter when? The winners will be in C-Bus anyway so even if the announcement is made a few days before the Arnold, that works eh?

well some of us buy our expo tickets ahead of time, so it does make a difference so we know how many to buy

Shukin
02-01-13, 10:48 am

well some of us buy our expo tickets ahead of time, so it does make a difference so we know how many to buy

And people make plans, they want to know what their schedules are like. Plus shit comes up and people have to adjust.

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 10:50 am
And people make plans, they want to know what their schedules are like. Plus shit comes up and people have to adjust.

All entrants should post when they are available... That should solve it that issue.

By when? A week before?

Kowboy
02-01-13, 10:51 am
I can only do it Sunday this year.

deanna7272
02-01-13, 10:51 am

This is what I do.... I buy the 3 day package and if I don't USE one, I give it to a friend...

Christman
02-01-13, 10:53 am
Can't do Sunday but Friday and Saturday is open for me.

Thanks!

Shukin
02-01-13, 10:54 am
This is what I do.... I buy the 3 day package and if I don't USE one, I give it to a friend...

online?

deanna7272
02-01-13, 10:58 am
online?

You can get them through Ticketmaster... I always stop by our local grocery store because they have a kiosk...

3 day passes are $33... $12 by the day...

Here's the link...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/050048CBDB4FD65F?artistid=821851&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=206&tm_link=artist_msg-0_050048CBDB4FD65F

Blondie Weapon X
02-01-13, 11:08 am

I was called to fill in on Sun last year and I can say - "What an opportuninity that was!"
My job wasnt hard at all, well except the effort of trying to make alterations to the 3XXL shirt that was given to me...lol remember NG?? Ghost gave me knife so I could *try* and tie it up and NG said Girl dont cut yourself, well I did...lol...but I wasnt going to tell him!! Haha
The best part for me was looking at peoples faces and seeing the excitement that the CAGE brought to them!! Then listening to their comments of "Man did you see that huge guy!" or "Hey Im going to do the bench comp. and then talking his buddy into too!!"
Great memories, Life long friendships and a lasting Brotherhood that only an Animal will know!!

Phil800101
02-01-13, 11:13 am
I'm available the whole weekend.

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 11:13 am
All entrants should post when they are available... That should solve it that issue.

By when? A week before?

Well yes that would work I guess...but some of us, as you can tell, are eagerly awaiting the results haha.

shortstack
02-01-13, 11:20 am
I'm flying in late on Thursday night but will be available all day Friday, all day Saturday, and flying out Sunday morning.

Blondie Weapon X
02-01-13, 11:20 am

By when? A week before?

Yup, I can available all weekend.

Phil800101
02-01-13, 11:25 am
I think an important reason to make the selections/announcement a few weeks out is the intern uniform (usually black pants and boots). It usually isn't a problem for people, but a week isn't a lot of time if someone is having trouble finding something or needs to order it online.

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:32 am
I think an important reason to make the selections/announcement a few weeks out is the intern uniform (usually black pants and boots). It usually isn't a problem for people, but a week isn't a lot of time if someone is having trouble finding something or needs to order it online.

Good point.

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 11:34 am
I will be available all 3 days (Friday, Sat, and Sun). I am coming in on thrusday afternoon and staying untill the end on Sunday.

Shukin
02-01-13, 11:35 am

Good point.

You might also post the uniform/dress code here so those who will be there to fill in are prepared also. Just a thought.

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:36 am
You might also post the uniform/dress code here so those who will be there to fill in are prepared also. Just a thought.

I believe once the interns are selected, all this is handled separately/privately...

Shukin
02-01-13, 11:38 am
I believe once the interns are selected, all this is handled separately/privately...

cool, my point is, if some one is planning on being there all weekend but is not chosen as an official intern but is called in to fill in cause someone ate bad sushi, at least they could fit in.

Shukin
02-01-13, 11:39 am
That being said is there an alternate/substitute list too?

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:41 am
cool, my point is, if some one is planning on being there all weekend but is not chosen as an official intern but is called in to fill in cause someone ate bad sushi, at least they could fit in.

Im sure the fellas who actually make these decisions and handle the interns will have everythin in order...

Shukin
02-01-13, 11:44 am
Im sure the fellas who actually make these decisions and handle the interns will have everythin in order...

Cool. Just throwing ideas your way, some may have been over looked, others may have already been thought of. No disrespect.

smoothballer
02-01-13, 11:53 am
I will be available all 3 days (Friday, Sat, and Sun). I am coming in on thrusday afternoon and staying untill the end on Sunday.

Same

shortstack
02-01-13, 11:53 am
Same

showoff!!! Haha just kidding SB.

GUNS
02-01-13, 12:13 pm
Feb 1st, Will it be released today? 1 Month away!

deanna7272
02-01-13, 12:31 pm
I'm there early Thursday through late Sunday... As usual... ;-)

Mr. Dead
02-01-13, 12:46 pm

Plus, it gives people time, if they need to acquire any other clothing to be in uniform...

smoothballer
02-01-13, 12:52 pm
showoff!!! Haha just kidding SB.

Well he is driving down with me haha

02-01-13, 1:45 pm
Lets go!!!!!!!

BringTheCarnage
02-01-13, 5:59 pm
I'm there early Thursday through late Sunday... As usual... ;-)

Same here! Ill be available anytime needed! if I am an intern or not ill be around! getting super pumped arnold classic is better then Christmas!

deanna7272
02-01-13, 6:03 pm
Same here! Ill be available anytime needed! if I am an intern or not ill be around! getting super pumped arnold classic is better then Christmas!

Better be, we need to catch up...lol

That whole weekend IS my Christmas gift to myself... ;-)

tark
02-01-13, 9:01 pm
im available friday and sunday...saturday is my niece's first bday cant be missing out on that!