PDA

View Full Version : Supplement Timings

Joe J
01-09-13, 4:18 am
Hi guys,

It's been a long while since I posted here. I've just been working hard and making progress and have been hella busy so haven't had time for much else. I'm just here to throw up what I'm currently doing in terms of supplementation, and see if you guys can critique it to become more efficient.

My current goal is gaining muscle, here are my stats and macros:

18 years old, 180lbs, 11% body fat.

Protein: 280g
Fat: 75g
Carbs: 330g (high carb days: back, chest + bi's), 280g (moderate carb days: legs, shoulders + tris), 230g (low carb days: cardio/rest days)

Here is my current diet + supplementation for a moderate carb day:

7:30 - 25g whey protein, 25g cassein, 50g oats - 2g AAKG, Pak, 1g Fish Oil
11:10 - 6oz chicken breast, 150g white potato, veggies
1:00 - 6oz lean beef, 150g white potato
4:00 - 6oz chicken breast, tablespoon olive oil, 150g white potato - 1g Fish Oil
6:30 - (Pre-WO Meal) - 6oz lean beef, 300g white potato, veggies
7:00 - 5g BCAA's + EAA's, 4g Beta Alanine, 15mg Zinc, 2g AAKG
7:30 - Intra-Workout - 5g BCAA's + EAA's
8:15 - PWO Shake - 50g whey protein, 70g dextrose, 5g creatine mono, 5g glutamine, 5g glycine
9:15 - (PWO Meal) - 6oz chicken breast, 300g white potato

If you're wondering why there's so much potato on there, I can buy them bulk cheap as shit where I live and love em so, why not!

I was thinking of changing my aminos to 5g first thing in the morning upon waking, and then eating 30 minutes after, and also taking my aminos after lifting, and then having my shake 30 minutes after that.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Joe

Joe J
01-09-13, 5:34 am
I also drink around 5 cups of green tea a day. (It's free at work!!) LOL

Aggression
01-09-13, 9:04 am
7:30 - 25g whey protein, 25g cassein, 50g oats - 2g AAKG, Pak, 1g Fish Oil
11:10 - 6oz chicken breast, 150g white potato, veggies
1:00 - 6oz lean beef, 150g white potato
4:00 - 6oz chicken breast, tablespoon olive oil, 150g white potato - 1g Fish Oil
6:30 - (Pre-WO Meal) - 6oz lean beef, 300g white potato, veggies
7:00 - 5g BCAA's + EAA's, 4g Beta Alanine, 15mg Zinc, 2g AAKG
7:30 - Intra-Workout - 5g BCAA's + EAA's
8:15 - PWO Shake - 50g whey protein, 70g dextrose, 5g creatine mono, 5g glutamine, 5g glycine
9:15 - (PWO Meal) - 6oz chicken breast, 300g white potato

I was thinking of changing my aminos to 5g first thing in the morning upon waking, and then eating 30 minutes after, and also taking my aminos after lifting, and then having my shake 30 minutes after that.

Don't see any issues there. Aminos in the morning can do nothing but help with recovery and halting catabolism. In the end, don't overthink it too much. Supplement timing is crucial when waking up, pre, and post workout. Other than that, just fill in the gaps.

Joe J
01-09-13, 9:09 am
Don't see any issues there. Aminos in the morning can do nothing but help with recovery and halting catabolism. In the end, don't overthink it too much. Supplement timing is crucial when waking up, pre, and post workout. Other than that, just fill in the gaps.

Ok man thanks. Nice to know I'm doing something right!

Bruiser
01-09-13, 9:10 am
Aggs has a GREAT point ^^

I always start my day with 5g of powdered aminos and 5g of glutamine. I just feel it hits the body faster this way, then followed by a meal 30 min later. Also, the fish oil seems a little low. Of course I use a ton to help with my joints (10-12g a day).

DEADn
01-09-13, 9:15 am
This maybe overthinking but I notice some people use Beef Amino's while other use BCAA+ EAA. Can someone explain the difference in them? Why use one over the other to help in muscle growth and recovery?

Aggression
01-09-13, 9:18 am
This maybe overthinking but I notice some people use Beef Amino's while other use BCAA+ EAA. Can someone explain the difference in them? Why use one over the other to help in muscle growth and recovery?

To me, its personal preference. This sport can be very monotonous. So sometimes switching from Amino1900 to Uni-Liver, and then Uni-Liver to Beef Aminos is just enough of a change of pace to keep things interesting. I often go back and forth just for the sake of something different. I don't ever really see a noticeable difference between any of 'em. I just do it to remain sane.

Bruiser
01-09-13, 9:19 am

A lot of guys who use beef aminos or UniLiver usually don't get a lot of red meat in their diet. So they choose to supplement with these. It's just the basic idea of trying to get as many different forms of protein/aminos into your body as possible. I know a lot of guys who don't like eggs so they use egg based protein powders for the same reason.

DEADn
01-09-13, 10:54 am
To me, its personal preference. This sport can be very monotonous. So sometimes switching from Amino1900 to Uni-Liver, and then Uni-Liver to Beef Aminos is just enough of a change of pace to keep things interesting. I often go back and forth just for the sake of something different. I don't ever really see a noticeable difference between any of 'em. I just do it to remain sane.

I get it.
One other thing. I noticed that when it comes to aminos I see various numbers on the AMINOS such as Amino 1900, Amino 3000, Amino 2500. What is the reason behind the number variances?

World Eater
01-09-13, 11:51 am
Welcome back Joe, how's school and work?

Joe J
01-09-13, 6:01 pm
Welcome back Joe, how's school and work?

Wassup bro, in the time I've been away from the forum I've left school and have been working a full time job for the past 5 months. Still being 100% dedicated to this sport and never givving up for one second.

How's things with you brother?