PDA

View Full Version : BOBBY FIELDS "Powerswitch & The Fam Flip The Deadlift"

naturalguy
01-11-13, 4:50 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Arnold2013/ArnoldCardBobby.jpg

Standout, stalwart member of Animal Nation for several years running, Bobby “Powerswitch” Fields is a world-record holding powerlifter who trains out of Universal Athletics in Allentown (PA) with his wife Kathy and another fellow champion, Dave Barth. Powerswitch has held numerous world records in powerlifting/Superlifting, including an 850 lb squat (220 lb Masters) and an IPA total world record in his class, at 2170. He’s also hit 755 on the bench press. An all-around gifted lifter, Fields has displayed his versatility during past iterations of The Cage, having benched, squatted and deadlifted in stellar fashion, both for reps and heavy singles.

In 2013, Powerswitch and his clan will take it all to the next level inside The Cage, with Bobby stepping up to deadlift big numbers. Just how big? Stop by and see for yourself. We know it's going to be electrifying. See how the "Bulgarian Pull" technique has helped improve his deadlift and learn about the technique itself. So If you want to witness the switch get flipped on the deadlift, there’s only one place to see it happen live—The Cage at the Arnold Expo.

Sunday, 3/3/12 at 1pm
The CAGE, Booth #419

Universal Rep
01-11-13, 4:51 pm
Sweet, it begins... Great start to the CAGE for sure. Sunday at 2pm... Marked.

Rage
01-11-13, 5:03 pm
Right on! I'll be checking this out for sure!

G Diesel
01-11-13, 5:04 pm
Shit just got really real.

Bobby is a BEAST.

Definitely looking forward to more.

Peace, G

Aggression
01-11-13, 5:06 pm
It's on now.

J-Dawg
01-11-13, 5:06 pm
Awesome. Powerswitch always puts on an amazing exhibition. Can't wait!

Universal Rep
01-11-13, 5:07 pm
It's on now.

Yup... Who's gonna be announced next, thats the question.

P Diesel
01-11-13, 5:12 pm
haha YES! bobby is one of my favorite lifters to watch. wild intensity

P

Powerswitch
01-11-13, 5:32 pm
My goal this year is to introduce an odd exercise that has helped bring my deadlift out of the gutter...At Universal Athletics we call it the "Bulgarian Pull"...I've recently been studying the European Block lifters who seem to really excel in their pulls...Lifters like Koklyaev, Pozdeev, Belyaev and Ano Turtiainen...It was through studying these lifters that I came across this odd lift that happened to really jolt my deadlift training...After several training sessions with my Westside bros Dave Hoff and Joe Jester my form and set up of this lift were strengthened (not perfected...yet) and my pull started to really improve...Since this lift requires weight across the shoulders while performing a deadlift from the floor the total weight lifted will be combined weight...I'll be looking to hit a combined weight of between 650-700lbs. It will be a PR for me so we'll just have to see how this training cycle goes and what The Cage atmosphere will bring....See you in the Cage bros........Powerswitch

mritter3
01-11-13, 6:36 pm
Awesome, saw bobby back in the day for his benching in the cage...he's a monster, looking forward to it

Da Eclipse
01-11-13, 7:11 pm
Definitely watching this from SoCal it's gonna be chaos ..."Animal always staying gold ".

Ragin Asian
01-11-13, 8:59 pm
I am sooooo looking forward to this event!!!! Expect some freaky lifts from all of us!!! ;)

My hubby, myself and our partner Dave are very appreciative for this opportunity to put on a good show for all the Animals! We absolutely LOVE the Animal Family and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. You won't find another company out there who takes care of their customers and fans like Universal Nutrition. Think about it, who else has elite lifters and bodybuilders showcasing their talent and knowledge AND provides numerous opportunities for fans to rub elbows with them as well as train with them? NOBODY else!!!

P Diesel
01-11-13, 9:33 pm
My goal this year is to introduce an odd exercise that has helped bring my deadlift out of the gutter...At Universal Athletics we call it the "Bulgarian Pull"...I've recently been studying the European Block lifters who seem to really excel in their pulls...Lifters like koklyaev, Pozdeev, Belyaev and Ano Turtiainen...It was through studying these lifters that I came across this odd lift that happened to really jolt my deadlift training...After several training sessions with my Westside bros Dave Hoff and Joe Jester my form and set up of this lift were strengthened (not perfected...yet) and my pull started to really improve...Since this lift requires weight across the shoulders while performing a deadlift from the floor the total weight lifted will be combined weight...I'll be looking to hit a combined weight of between 650-700lbs. It will be a PR for me so we'll just have to see how this training cycle goes and what The Cage atmosphere will bring....See you in the Cage bros........Powerswitch

Bobby,

if i make it to the ABC on the 19th can u show me this move? sounds really interesting.

P

Shukin
01-11-13, 9:46 pm
Love it, always good to see 40's going big.

D-NUTZ
01-11-13, 11:18 pm
This is always one of my favorite exhibitions.

Completely badass when Dave Barth's nose started bleeding mid-set a couple years ago.

freighttraindane
01-11-13, 11:49 pm
This is going to be insane! love watching boby and the crew go heavy on the deads. looking forward to learning this new technique Bobby is going to show us!

deanna7272
01-11-13, 11:53 pm
Niiiiiice!!!

World Eater
01-12-13, 5:41 am
Great. Looking forward to the vids, always enjoy seeing Powerswitch do mad stuff.

Powerswitch
01-12-13, 4:17 pm
Sure thing P...I'll be training my squats and this lift on ABC Saturday...I usually squat and pull Friday night but I'll plan on switching my Friday and Saturday training so we can hit the iron together...It will be an awesome time bro, looking forward mto it...Stay healthy bro and hope to see you on the 19th...Bobby

Ragin Asian
01-12-13, 4:27 pm
Love it, always good to see 40's going big.

Isn't it great? We gotta show the young bucks all the fun times to look forward to! :) :) :)

Universal Rep
01-14-13, 10:18 am
My goal this year is to introduce an odd exercise that has helped bring my deadlift out of the gutter...At Universal Athletics we call it the "Bulgarian Pull"...I've recently been studying the European Block lifters who seem to really excel in their pulls...Lifters like Koklyaev, Pozdeev, Belyaev and Ano Turtiainen...It was through studying these lifters that I came across this odd lift that happened to really jolt my deadlift training...After several training sessions with my Westside bros Dave Hoff and Joe Jester my form and set up of this lift were strengthened (not perfected...yet) and my pull started to really improve...Since this lift requires weight across the shoulders while performing a deadlift from the floor the total weight lifted will be combined weight...I'll be looking to hit a combined weight of between 650-700lbs. It will be a PR for me so we'll just have to see how this training cycle goes and what The Cage atmosphere will bring....See you in the Cage bros........Powerswitch

Very interestin, BF... Will ya be explainin the Bulgarian Pull in the CAGE?

With the atmosphere in the CAGE, Ima sure you'll pull a PR brotha...

smoothballer
01-14-13, 1:31 pm
Always great to see Bobby lifting in the Cage

Powerswitch
01-14-13, 5:37 pm
I'll do my best to explain what I'm doing as I doing it but I'll make sure my demonstration is right on...I'm sure it's gonna be loud as hell but I'll do my best to make sure all is understood...Can't wait for the cage!!!!!

Universal Rep
01-15-13, 12:31 pm
I'll do my best to explain what I'm doing as I doing it but I'll make sure my demonstration is right on...I'm sure it's gonna be loud as hell but I'll do my best to make sure all is understood...Can't wait for the cage!!!!!

Gonna need to get this on vid I think...

Animal
01-17-13, 2:32 pm
This event should be a lot of fun. Families that lift together, get strong together.

Universal Rep
01-18-13, 9:03 am
On powerliftingwatch.com... http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/24231

JUGGERNAUT
01-18-13, 11:47 am
bobby is crazy, we like that

shortstack
01-18-13, 4:03 pm
Bobbys lifts are awesome to watch. Dude is powerfull and fast when he pulls.

Powerswitch
01-19-13, 12:01 am
Thank you mt brother....I look forward to pouring everything I've got into the Cage...See you in Columbus...Powerswitch

P Diesel
01-19-13, 10:24 pm
had the privelage to put in sum work with Bobby today. super excited to try out this Bulgarian Pull movement, no idea what to expect. after hitting a few rounds, struggling with another, and flat out failing on the last...i have a complete understanding and respect for it. not to mention a new found love for the movement. Bobby hit a 70lb PR with them today far surpassing me. extremely difficult move, very humbling. after seeing them first hand and doing them myself it is not something anyone will want to miss in The Cage this year, expecially with the weight Bobby will b moving..

P

Powerswitch
01-19-13, 10:40 pm
had the privelage to put in sum work with Bobby today. super excited to try out this Bulgarian Pull movement, no idea what to expect. after hitting a few rounds, struggling with another, and flat out failing on the last...i have a complete understanding and respect for it. not to mention a new found love for the movement. Bobby hit a 70lb PR with them today far surpassing me. extremely difficult move, very humbling. after seeing them first hand and doing them myself it is not something anyone will want to miss in The Cage this year, expecially with the weight Bobby will b moving..

P

The honor was all mine big man! I want to thank you for travelling down and pushing me. The ABC was awesome and it was so great to see the Animal family again. You described the lift to a tee - it is a very humbling exercise. As per our discussion at dinner, I definitely feel we're a part of a small percent that have the privilege of representing Universal Nutrition in the Cage. I'm really looking forward to training with you in our preparation for the Cage. Good luck in your meet next weekend - and good luck to all our Animal brethren competing as well. Stay safe and God Bless...Powerswitch

Universal Rep
01-23-13, 12:38 pm
Kathy Fields returns... http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/24329

Ragin Asian
01-23-13, 8:39 pm

I was shocked to see it on there. LOL! That's just a taste of what's to come! I know the atmosphere in the Cage will bring more out of me! ;)

P Diesel
02-17-13, 8:52 am
After having trained these w Bobby for the last month it is without a doubt sumthin everyone will want to b present for. It's big fuckin weight moved by an absolute freak.

And in response to U Rep, I will b explaining what Booby is doin while warming up.

P

smoothballer
02-17-13, 5:18 pm

That was awesome

Ragin Asian
02-18-13, 10:03 am
After having trained these w Bobby for the last month it is without a doubt sumthin everyone will want to b present for. It's big fuckin weight moved by an absolute freak.

And in response to U Rep, I will b explaining what Booby is doin while warming up.

P

LOL @ Booby

I love that! ;)

bodybabe10
02-18-13, 1:25 pm
Love it! Sweet!