PDA

View Full Version : "Lift of the Year" & Animals

Universal Rep
01-14-13, 12:00 pm
Dan Green has already been voted "Male Powerlifter of the Year". Now PLW is runnin a new poll and has a "Lift of the Year" including lifts by Hoornstra, Byrd and Dan Green. Also, Hawthorne is on the list. Check it out fellas... http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/

Lets support our own brothas...

PLANETGETLOW
01-14-13, 12:03 pm
Congrats to DG!!

Universal Rep
01-14-13, 12:03 pm
Congrats to DG!!

Well deserved...

Bruiser
01-14-13, 1:18 pm
A lot of Animal brothers and "extended family" on this one...

Universal Rep
01-14-13, 1:19 pm
A lot of Animal brothers and "extended family" on this one...

Yup... Animal Athletes and CAGE veterans...

intoodeep25
01-14-13, 6:42 pm
i feel like sam byrds no hands squat should be on here. that was just down right nuts!

freighttraindane
01-14-13, 8:00 pm
Tough choices, a lot of great lifts, congrats to all the animal crew and cage vets that are up for the award

Universal Rep
01-15-13, 9:32 am
i feel like sam byrds no hands squat should be on here. that was just down right nuts!

Saw the vid and it looked nuts... But his 782 raw squat @ 220 was no joke.

World Eater
01-15-13, 9:48 am
Saw the vid and it looked nuts... But his 782 raw squat @ 220 was no joke.
Yeah... Exactly why I voted for Byrd. Sick lift.

Bruiser
01-15-13, 12:23 pm
Something tells me Maryana Naumova has it wrapped up. But I think it'll be the ONLY time these guys don't mind losing to a 13 year old girl! Lol

Universal Rep
01-15-13, 12:35 pm
Something tells me Maryana Naumova has it wrapped up. But I think it'll be the ONLY time these guys don't mind losing to a 13 year old girl! Lol

Future Animal Crew?

Bruiser
01-15-13, 12:37 pm
Future Animal Crew?

198# bench press at 114.0# and 13 years old? She's ABSOLUTELY Animal material!

Bruiser
01-15-13, 12:40 pm
Here's the vid of it!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w5raAFns43g

mritter3
01-15-13, 6:39 pm

Agreed that was amazing!

JHOORNSTRA
01-16-13, 3:13 pm
She's a sweet girl and ate up with lifting. She writes me from time to time to say hey and ask about training since we competed together, and is going to be at the Arnold this year, said she'd stop by...was wanting to lift if there was time but it is very busy in there...

Sam is a machine, him and Misha have the comfort level so high to be able to squat with no hands...they can have it. I can show them a negative with no hands and an immediate loud noise...but that's all I got.

Congrats Dan, awesome lifts, well deserved.

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 3:15 pm
She's a sweet girl and ate up with lifting. She writes me from time to time to say hey and ask about training since we competed together, and is going to be at the Arnold this year, said she'd stop by...was wanting to lift if there was time but it is very busy in there...

Sam is a machine, him and Misha have the comfort level so high to be able to squat with no hands...they can have it. I can show them a negative with no hands and an immediate loud noise...but that's all I got.

Congrats Dan, awesome lifts, well deserved.

Ur lift wuz pretty awesome too, JH...

JHOORNSTRA
01-16-13, 3:18 pm
Ur lift wuz pretty awesome too, JH...

Eh, was happy with it then but not now. I want the 242 class record a little higher but that's on the back burner til after I get the 720. That, along with the 242 total...so many goals...damn it...haha

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 3:18 pm
Eh, was happy with it then but not now. I want the 242 class record a little higher but that's on the back burner til after I get the 720. That, along with the 242 total...so many goals...damn it...haha

Those are pretty, uh, solid goals... Do ya have a date/meet set for the 720?

JHOORNSTRA
01-16-13, 3:24 pm
Those are pretty, uh, solid goals... Do ya have a date/meet set for the 720?

Around May...have to wait for this baby to come and things to get back to normal, me to get sleep again, etc.

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 3:26 pm
Around May...have to wait for this baby to come and things to get back to normal, me to get sleep again, etc.

Good luck.

With the sleep I mean.

When ya start a training log for that meet, I know I'll sub to it...

JHOORNSTRA
01-16-13, 3:30 pm
Good luck.

With the sleep I mean.

When ya start a training log for that meet, I know I'll sub to it...

Gotcha...I'm prepping now, starting to get to the heavy volume, etc. Just did for the first time reverse band presses, did a few singles with 815 which we figured to be roughly 700ish on the bottom...every joint, tendon, ligament after was toast. This is a deload week which was good because it was a promotional test week for me also...but will be posting stuff as it gets heavier and closer...thanks for the sleep wishes...

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 3:32 pm
Gotcha...I'm prepping now, starting to get to the heavy volume, etc. Just did for the first time reverse band presses, did a few singles with 815 which we figured to be roughly 700ish on the bottom...every joint, tendon, ligament after was toast. This is a deload week which was good because it was a promotional test week for me also...but will be posting stuff as it gets heavier and closer...thanks for the sleep wishes...

If its this thread here, Ima already subbed... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40112-J-Ho-s-House&p=1283663#post1283663

JHOORNSTRA
01-16-13, 3:33 pm
If its this thread here, Ima already subbed... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40112-J-Ho-s-House&p=1283663#post1283663

more than likely