PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Animals

Thor13
01-15-13, 7:19 am
I would like to start a New Orleans area ABC club. For those of you from NOLA, more specifically the Northshore area. I have already talked to the gym owner about it and they are all for it.

Universal Rep
01-15-13, 9:28 am
I would like to start a New Orleans area ABC club. For those of you from NOLA, more specifically the Northshore area. I have already talked to the gym owner about it and they are all for it.

Sounds like a plan, T. Wuts the gym and do ya have any buddies ya can recruit for starters?

The only other chapter in LA is in Lafayette but I dont know how active it is and I think its at least a coupla hours from where ur located.

C.Coronato
01-15-13, 10:40 am
Would be great my man. Get some of the other guys to post up

G Diesel
01-15-13, 11:30 am
Gunz and our boy Eric Downey are in your hood. Gotta get those two freaks in the mix.

Peace, G

Thor13
01-15-13, 1:38 pm
Gunz and our boy Eric Downey are in your hood. Gotta get those two freaks in the mix.

Peace, G

G Diesel, certified FREAK! Im actually friends with Gunz, he is a great dude and model Animal. I am expecting this ABC branch to explode!

Universal Rep
01-15-13, 1:39 pm
G Diesel, certified FREAK! Im actually friends with Gunz, he is a great dude and model Animal. I am expecting this ABC branch to explode!

Be sure to bring GUNZ on board... How far is he from ya?

Thor13
01-15-13, 1:40 pm
Sounds like a plan, T. Wuts the gym and do ya have any buddies ya can recruit for starters?

The only other chapter in LA is in Lafayette but I dont know how active it is and I think its at least a coupla hours from where ur located.

I have a few good men highly interested in this, probably starting out with about 10 - 15 guys off the top of my head. The gym info is: Anytime Fitness

70325 Highway 1077
Covington, LA 70433

Alicia Monlezun is the manager and I have discussed this with her. Let me know if you need the number. Peace brother!

Thor13
01-15-13, 1:43 pm
Be sure to bring GUNZ on board... How far is he from ya?

About 40 minutes away.

Universal Rep
01-15-13, 1:44 pm
About 40 minutes away.

If ya have any questions, let us know. Dont take much to run an ABC event, and Ive seen em as small as 4-5 in Sweden all the way up to 200+ in Ohio...

Thor13
01-15-13, 1:46 pm
If ya have any questions, let us know. Dont take much to run an ABC event, and Ive seen em as small as 4-5 in Sweden all the way up to 200+ in Ohio...

How do I officially start an ABC at my gym? We are also highly interested in having an event in the very near future.

Universal Rep
01-15-13, 1:48 pm
How do I officially start an ABC at my gym? We are also highly interested in having an event in the very near future.

Talk to the gym owner about whether its cool to have fellas lifting and videotaping/takin photos of the event. Some gyms are Animal friendly and allow fellas to train for free. Otherwise, the guys pay the daily cover and that's pretty much it. Corporate can send the gym a banner, and once a gym hosts an ABC event, they get plugs here on the FORVM of course...

Thor13
01-15-13, 1:51 pm
Talk to the gym owner about whether its cool to have fellas lifting and videotaping/takin photos of the event. Some gyms are Animal friendly and allow fellas to train for free. Otherwise, the guys pay the daily cover and that's pretty much it. Corporate can send the gym a banner, and once a gym hosts an ABC event, they get plugs here on the FORVM of course...

Sounds great! I will talk to her this evening and have a reply for you later. Peace bro.

-Thor-

Thor13
01-15-13, 7:57 pm

I talked to the manager today and they are absolutely stoked. They just need something in writing stating the details of the event and what it is all about. Where do we go from here bro?

-Thor-

GUNZ
01-16-13, 12:51 am
I talked to the manager today and they are absolutely stoked. They just need something in writing stating the details of the event and what it is all about. Where do we go from here bro?

-Thor-

Y'all know I'm all in!! We were gonna do one in NOLA, had few gys on here that we're down but shot feel through. I'll also get with Richard Hawthorne he's not far away either and GUNS ( other GUNS from MS) we should be able to get nice turnout. I already have a banner that was sent with some sample Paks that was sent for last ABC that didn't happen. So let's talk about a date, and roll with it.

BRIGNAC
01-16-13, 9:33 am
I can pretty much vouch for me, Guns, and GunsII. We will b there
Get a date and post one up. Im wrkn in nola in the west bank/harvey area anyway, so im down to train anytime pretty much.
If anyone wants to do a meet and greet between now and then n the nola area let me kno.

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 10:32 am
Y'all know I'm all in!! We were gonna do one in NOLA, had few gys on here that we're down but shot feel through. I'll also get with Richard Hawthorne he's not far away either and GUNS ( other GUNS from MS) we should be able to get nice turnout. I already have a banner that was sent with some sample Paks that was sent for last ABC that didn't happen. So let's talk about a date, and roll with it.

I can pretty much vouch for me, Guns, and GunsII. We will b there
Get a date and post one up. Im wrkn in nola in the west bank/harvey area anyway, so im down to train anytime pretty much.
If anyone wants to do a meet and greet between now and then n the nola area let me kno.

See now we got an ABC event. Its on...

GUNS
01-16-13, 1:55 pm
Yes, Im in, been trying to get something in our area for a while. Ill shoot something to Joe Ladnier as well. He was interested and would probly bring a few as well. Joe is the LAD, now The Mississippi Monster on here. Lets do this this time!

The Mississippi Monster
01-16-13, 2:19 pm
Yes, Im in, been trying to get something in our area for a while. Ill shoot something to Joe Ladnier as well. He was interested and would probly bring a few as well. Joe is the LAD, now The Mississippi Monster on here. Lets do this this time!

I'm game ....My weekends are busy sometimes, just give me some notice........I'm the Vice President of The Southern Powerlifting Federation and have to travel out of town alot to judge contests. BTW.......it looks like I'll be putting on 2 contests this year....May 25th and Oct.12th in Hattiesburg, MS.

Thor13
01-16-13, 7:31 pm
I am stoked for this guys. It is going to accomplish a long awaited goal of mine.

Thor13
01-16-13, 7:32 pm

The only thing I need is some sort of documentation, or something of that nature, to give to the manager. The owners just want to see something in writing giving a breakdown of what they can expect.

GUNS
01-16-13, 9:12 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?17895-New-ABC-Promo-Flyer

Here ya go!

Thor13
01-17-13, 12:15 pm
Thanks bro. I will show them tonight. Should have a definite answer by the start of next week.

-Thor-

Universal Rep
01-17-13, 12:35 pm
Thanks bro. I will show them tonight. Should have a definite answer by the start of next week.

-Thor-

If that dont work, give G the contact info and he can get in touch with the gym directly and send an email or fax...

Thor13
01-17-13, 3:54 pm
If that dont work, give G the contact info and he can get in touch with the gym directly and send an email or fax...

Thank you. I emailed her the flyer and they just have general questions about the event. I will inbox G the gym info.

-Thor-

Thor13
01-23-13, 8:35 am
I finally got to talk with the gym owner, instead of the manager. I think he is more excited about this than I am. Everything is go!

-Thor-

GUNS
01-23-13, 9:09 am
Sounds good, just need to set a date! Remember the Arnold is first weekend in march!

Thor13
01-25-13, 10:27 pm
We are go! Official date is March 16. Looks like it will kick off for 11am. I cannot wait for this!

-Thor-

GUNS
01-25-13, 11:03 pm
We are go! Official date is March 16. Looks like it will kick off for 11am. I cannot wait for this!

-Thor-

Sounds good, post up info on the gym, and where we are going to eat after!

Thor13
02-05-13, 10:22 am
Anytime Fitness - 70325 Louisiana 1077 #1d
Covington
(985) 845-1926

Place to eat after - Jerk's Island Grill

70437 Louisiana 21 Covington, LA 70433
(985) 893-1380

The Mississippi Monster
02-05-13, 11:09 am
Covington
(985) 845-1926

(985) 893-1380

We will be in the process of moving our gym into a new 5,000sft location, but I will free up for that day. I know right where this is, so count THE LAD in!

GUNS
02-05-13, 12:28 pm
Covington
(985) 845-1926

(985) 893-1380

We will be in the process of moving our gym into a new 5,000sft location, but I will free up for that day. I know right where this is, so count THE LAD in!

Joe, glad your gonna be able to make it. When you get moved Id like to get back over and check the new place out!

Thor13
02-05-13, 1:59 pm
Cannot wait to meet some fellow Animals.

-Thor-

GUNZ
02-08-13, 2:17 pm
Cannot wait to meet some fellow Animals.

-Thor-

Haven't checked this post in a few!! Iv been working with Thor and spoke to gym owner personally and this is a go all worked out for march 16 11am!! I have samples of Atomic 7 and Rage for everyone along with banner to sign. Thor had done outstanding job getting people pumped up for this event. Glad to see GUNS and Mississippi Monster on board for this. Think I'll be only pro sponsored guy to make it, but I'll def get in touch with my boy Richard Hawthorne (deadlift freak) and see if it's possible for him to make it also. Arnold is coming up and we all busy but Thor is staying in touch with me via txt so we will keep post pumpin after Arnold till ABC time

Aggression
02-08-13, 2:36 pm
Gunz504, Hawthorne and TheLad all up in one spot? Damn, that is an event I wish I could attend.

GUNS
02-08-13, 2:39 pm
Haven't checked this post in a few!! Iv been working with Thor and spoke to gym owner personally and this is a go all worked out for march 16 11am!! I have samples of Atomic 7 and Rage for everyone along with banner to sign. Thor had done outstanding job getting people pumped up for this event. Glad to see GUNS and Mississippi Monster on board for this. Think I'll be only pro sponsored guy to make it, but I'll def get in touch with my boy Richard Hawthorne (deadlift freak) and see if it's possible for him to make it also. Arnold is coming up and we all busy but Thor is staying in touch with me via txt so we will keep post pumpin after Arnold till ABC time

Gunz504, Hawthorne and TheLad all up in one spot? Damn, that is an event I wish I could attend.

Sounds Great Garrett! You know if there is an ABC anywhere close to me, Ill be there! Some solid guys in this area for sure! Im sure They all will bring their own crew with them!

Aggression
02-08-13, 2:49 pm
Pictures and videos, please. I wanna see Gunz benchin' with The Lad. Two generations of world class powerlifters training together.

GUNZ
02-08-13, 3:08 pm
Sounds Great Garrett! You know if there is an ABC anywhere close to me, Ill be there! Some solid guys in this area for sure! Im sure They all will bring their own crew with them!
GUNS I knew were gonna make it! Lol

Pictures and videos, please. I wanna see Gunz benchin' with The Lad. Two generations of world class powerlifters training together.

Aggression we def gonna get vids and pics, seems like this will be big crew!

GUNS
02-08-13, 3:14 pm
Have corpo send you down! Show us southern guys some love!

I will have my wife there for sure taking vids!

Aggression
02-08-13, 3:16 pm
Have corpo send you down! Show us southern guys some love!!

Drop that hint and we'll see what happens!!

GUNS
02-08-13, 3:19 pm
Drop that hint and we'll see what happens!!

:D

BRIGNAC
02-09-13, 11:12 pm
March is gonna b a pretty kick ass month! First the Arnold then this. Pretty SICK indeed.

Thor13
02-21-13, 9:31 am

Sorry guys, I work for local utilities and have been extrmely busy with Mardi Gras and Super Bowl. Gunz is the man, hands down. This is what makes Animal stand out from any other Pro team out there. Animal understands the drive and motivation of true athletes, just as anything in life takes fuel, Animal fills the motivation tank. When you walk into the gym with Animal gear on, people just know you are there for fucking business. I might as well turn my gym bag in to an Animal suitcase, because it is indeed business. Getting in touch with Garret has given me a drive and thirst like no other. He is the man, and hats off to him for being so fucking humble.

-Thor-

GUNS
03-06-13, 9:56 pm
Bumping this up! Not too much longer!

GUNS
03-06-13, 9:59 pm
Covington
(985) 845-1926

(985) 893-1380

Is this still all correct for March 16th?

GUNS
03-08-13, 1:33 pm
Im gonna be bumping this often for awareness unless it becomes a sticky!

GUNZ
03-08-13, 2:36 pm
Is this still all correct for March 16th?

Im gonna be bumping this often for awareness unless it becomes a sticky!

Yep!! It's still on schedule to go down March 16th

BRIGNAC
03-10-13, 10:20 pm
6days out. Ready for it to be here.

Thor13
03-12-13, 7:37 am
Everything is still a go. Im saving my chest for destruction.

The Mississippi Monster
03-15-13, 2:16 pm
Yep!! It's still on schedule to go down March 16th

As bad as I hate to, I gotta bail on you guys tomorrow...I've been waiting for months for this building to come open to move our business and we finally signed the lease last night. So we're moving from a 1,000sft building to a 5,000sft building and I only have 2 weeks to get everything done!
Killit tomorrow......sorry guys I gotta eat

GUNS
03-15-13, 7:24 pm
As bad as I hate to, I gotta bail on you guys tomorrow...I've been waiting for months for this building to come open to move our business and we finally signed the lease last night. So we're moving from a 1,000sft building to a 5,000sft building and I only have 2 weeks to get everything done!
Killit tomorrow......sorry guys I gotta eat

So next ABC on the coast is in your new place? Lol! Was hoping to have you down!

GUNS
03-15-13, 8:05 pm
Whats everyone training! I have ME Lower, squats! Will hit some lunges, GHR if possible and some leg raises!

BRIGNAC
03-15-13, 9:34 pm
ARMS!! Or back either one!

swolkicker
03-15-13, 9:40 pm
Gonna blo up sum shoulders

bigdog
03-16-13, 3:58 pm
How the fu$* did I miss this thread! I would totally been there.

GUNS
03-17-13, 5:09 pm
http://youtu.be/gVOLsOCCqzk

Universal Rep
03-19-13, 10:15 am
Great lookin ABC fellas...

DustinW
06-26-13, 1:54 pm
Hey guys,

I live in New Orleans and am just now finding about the ABC chapter here. My questions is where can I find out about events that this chapter holds in the area and how could I get more involved with this.. if at all? Thanks

Universal Rep
06-26-13, 1:56 pm
Hey guys,

I live in New Orleans and am just now finding about the ABC chapter here. My questions is where can I find out about events that this chapter holds in the area and how could I get more involved with this.. if at all? Thanks

Im not sure, but this chapter may need a coordinator. Ill find out...

GUNS
06-26-13, 2:12 pm
We already had one in Covington. We will have another one soon Im sure. There are a few of us getting ready to compete this weekend so we have been all concentrating on that. Garrett Griffin is getting ready for CAPO so ass soon as we can get something together we will. Just timing issues right now. We are looking at expanding the NO ABC to other gyms. Its really hard in that area to have a NO chapter, West Bank Chapter, Covington, Slidell etc. So anything that gets put together will be run through this thread. if you want to put something together, do it. We will support it. Ill make it with a decent little crew from Gulfport. Just come up with a date, find a gym, and lets discuss it!

Universal Rep, I don't think there is a coordinator specifically yet!

Universal Rep
06-26-13, 2:13 pm
We already had one in Covington. We will have another one soon Im sure. There are a few of us getting ready to compete this weekend so we have been all concentrating on that. Garrett Griffin is getting ready for CAPO so ass soon as we can get something together we will. Just timing issues right now. We are looking at expanding the NO ABC to other gyms. Its really hard in that area to have a NO chapter, West Bank Chapter, Covington, Slidell etc. So anything that gets put together will be run through this thread. if you want to put something together, do it. We will support it. Ill make it with a decent little crew from Gulfport. Just come up with a date, find a gym, and lets discuss it!

Universal Rep, I don't think there is a coordinator specifically yet!

Check ur PMs brotha...

GUNS
06-26-13, 2:14 pm
Gotcha! Sent one back

GUNS
06-26-13, 2:16 pm
Hey guys,

Dustin, great to have you here. hit me up if you need anything. There are quite a few Animals down here on the Gulf Coast!

GUNS
06-26-13, 2:27 pm
Ok guys, with this thread getting bumped, lets get a couple dates set up. Im looking at something EVERY month. Garrett is gonna be crazy busy with prep for CAPO. Most of us are competing this weekend. So Im thinking July 27th, and August 24th. Lets nail the dates down. I personally cannot do July 20th.

Then, Im thinking one in NO area, and one at another location down that way. if we want to go back to Covington, that's cool as well. But if we can hit up a different gym, that would be cool too. I will also be looking at setting something up over here in Mississippi and will let ya'll know when.

DustinW
06-26-13, 2:33 pm
Im not sure, but this chapter may need a coordinator. Ill find out...

Awesome, thanks. I will talk to the gym I currently train at and see if they'd be interested. I might also be interested in the coordinator side of things.. I manage special events for a living. I want to have some more info first though.. like funding, contacts, etc. Either way I'll keep looking on this thread for future events. Just joined the FORVM today so still trying to learn my way around. Thanks again.

BRIGNAC
06-26-13, 3:29 pm
Ok guys, with this thread getting bumped, lets get a couple dates set up. Im looking at something EVERY month. Garrett is gonna be crazy busy with prep for CAPO. Most of us are competing this weekend. So Im thinking July 27th, and August 24th. Lets nail the dates down. I personally cannot do July 20th.

Then, Im thinking one in NO area, and one at another location down that way. if we want to go back to Covington, that's cool as well. But if we can hit up a different gym, that would be cool too. I will also be looking at setting something up over here in Mississippi and will let ya'll know when.

Wats up Pops u know how often I'm over here so I can do a little recon while I'm here. I definitely think the WAC is a good option and I pretty much know they wld be down to host one there, I mean they do sport a couple Animal posters around the place. Also not that I have checked it out yet but another place that is small but Garret trains at especially on bench days is "body doctors" I'll check that one out next time they go. I know they have a comp bench. Between Garret and Jared BOAD they will kno the better places to go around the NO area.

GUNS
06-26-13, 4:19 pm
Sounds good! Just got to get the dates set!

GUNS
07-02-13, 6:44 pm
Time to start getting this together. I talked with Thor and Eric Downey on this and looks like we will do this one at the end of July on the 27th. I will need Eric to get the date set with the owner and start getting names together!

GUNZ
07-02-13, 7:24 pm
Time to start getting this together. I talked with Thor and Eric Downey on this and looks like we will do this one at the end of July on the 27th. I will need Eric to get the date set with the owner and start getting names together!

Yea guys im stupid busy with training and work, I just got home from New Jersey. It was awesome trip and memories that will last a liftetime, but anyway yall keep me posted and ill do everything I can to make it to the ABC this month then after CAPO should be easy. WestBank Athletic is hardcore and good for ABC, Body Drs is cool but no AC (witch means hot as balls).

GUNS
07-02-13, 7:43 pm
Garrett, We can plan one at your place easy in the future. I want to get this moving more than it has. So gonna try for monthly or bi-monthly. Right now it will be at Erics then mostlikely WBA! Good to hear you had a good visit up there! Looks like they took care of yall!

DustinW
07-02-13, 8:38 pm
Yea guys im stupid busy with training and work, I just got home from New Jersey. It was awesome trip and memories that will last a liftetime, but anyway yall keep me posted and ill do everything I can to make it to the ABC this month then after CAPO should be easy. WestBank Athletic is hardcore and good for ABC, Body Drs is cool but no AC (witch means hot as balls).

Yeah I just joined Body Doctors.. It's definitely old school but you're right about it being hot.. Might be a good spot for the fall

GUNZ
07-05-13, 11:53 am
Yeah I just joined Body Doctors.. It's definitely old school but you're right about it being hot.. Might be a good spot for the fall

Yep Dustin, Body Dr is awesome and I love the comp bench but this summer heat is not what's needed when training for huge Pl meets. I like to deal with moving weight not worrying about passing out while training, but in winter or spring it's cool.

GUNS
07-22-13, 10:17 pm
Doesn't look like there is a lot of interest here for this. So lets plan on late Aug folks!

GUNZ
07-23-13, 11:23 am
Doesn't look like there is a lot of interest here for this. So lets plan on late Aug folks!

I'll be back from CAPO and should be able to make it

GUNS
10-04-13, 4:09 pm
Stand by folk, I have something in the works and will update in the next day on an ABC!

SquatPressPull
10-04-13, 4:18 pm
Stand by folk, I have something in the works and will update in the next day on an ABC!

I'll watch here too. The coast isn't to far for a day trip.

GUNS
10-04-13, 4:39 pm
Just got to get the two main players on the same date! This will be the main thread because it will be in NOLA! West Bank Athletics for sure! http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwbaclub.com%2Findex.html&h=eAQH5--AV

SquatPressPull
10-04-13, 4:50 pm
Just got to get the two main players on the same date! This will be the main thread because it will be in NOLA! West Bank Athletics for sure! http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwbaclub.com%2Findex.html&h=eAQH5--AV

I'm game. Good looking place. I might be able to get 4-5 people to come along.

Let me know the dates.

GUNS
10-04-13, 4:52 pm
I'm game. Good looking place. I might be able to get 4-5 people to come along.

Let me know the dates.

Will do!

SquatPressPull
10-04-13, 5:09 pm
Will do!

Ohh and PLEASE not between Nov 8th through Nov 17. I'll be on a cruise out of New Orleans. haha

GUNS
10-04-13, 9:18 pm
Looking like the 2nd. Stand by though! Got to make sure.

BRIGNAC
10-05-13, 4:05 pm
Looking forward to it brothers!

GUNS
10-06-13, 10:08 pm
When: Nov 2 @ 11am
Where: Westbank Athletics http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwbaclub.com%2Findex.html&h=eAQH5--AV
Eating after: ???
Clothing: Animal Shirt!

Animal Athletes Richard "The Ant" Hawthorn and Garrett "GUNZ" Griffin will be in the house! Get your Animal shirts ready folks, The link above is to WestBank Athletics where GUNZ currently trains. Pretty bad ass gym! We will pick a spot to eat once we get a little bit closer. The time is just a rough number. Nut Id like to keep it close to that give or take 1 hour. People will be traveling and no need to have it too early or too late.

I will be bringing a few from here in Gulfport. Lets get this thing rolling.

SquatPressPull
10-06-13, 10:31 pm
I'm in!! I just got it approved by the boss.

I'll try to get 4 or 5 other guys to come along. Can't wait!!

swolkicker
10-06-13, 10:32 pm
Def will b ther!

BRIGNAC
10-07-13, 9:01 am
I'm in Can't wait!

SquatPressPull
10-07-13, 9:59 am
I'm so excited. haha I know for sure I'm going to be there. I have my AnimalPak coffee mug, shaker, and bag, now I just need to get a few shirts. I don't currently fit very well in a XXL but, starting today, I'm going to see if I can drop enough fat before the ABC. (It fits, just usually short, so if I reach over head, it shows off my fat belly.)

Either way, I'll there and I'm excited to meet ANT and GUNS but, also to meet other Animals here on the board.

This is couldn't really be more perfect timing. Week of Nov 2 is my 10th week on the Cube Method, so, that means I'll be able to do my mock meet at this ABC. That is, if GUNS allows me to.

Starting my recruiting people to go now.

GUNS
10-07-13, 10:05 am
Haha, don't get GUNZ and GUNS confused! GUNZ is the beast, Im just a little guy who loves to lift, haha! Yeah man, this is over due! I travel every Sat to different gyms here in Mississippi, I need to get down to GUNZ home more.

SquatPressPull
10-07-13, 10:09 am
Haha, don't get GUNZ and GUNS confused! GUNZ is the beast, Im just a little guy who loves to lift, haha! Yeah man, this is over due! I travel every Sat to different gyms here in Mississippi, I need to get down to GUNZ home more.

Ahh, sorry. I got excited. hahah

I'm still trying to find a gym here that could handle one. I mean, there are plenty but, if the ABC was to get bigger, they couldn't handle more than 10 - 15 Animals unless people wanted to wait around to get a workout in. I don't want that to happen so, I'll keep searching.

GUNZ
10-07-13, 1:22 pm
Looking forward to this guys!! West Bank Athletic club is old school hardcore gym i train at. Saturday is usally a squat day for me and my crew but i have no problems benching to work with some people on that, im pretty much down for whatever!! Should be fun

SquatPressPull
10-07-13, 1:48 pm
Looking forward to this guys!! West Bank Athletic club is old school hardcore gym i train at. Saturday is usally a squat day for me and my crew but i have no problems benching to work with some people on that, im pretty much down for whatever!! Should be fun

Nice! Squat day for me as well but, y'all want to see me do my Cube Method mock meet? ;)

I hope it's a big turn out. I have one guy confirmed, two are working, and I have a few more to bug and get to go.

GUNS
10-07-13, 2:21 pm
I would say stick to your scheduled mock meet. Ill be squatting as well.

SquatPressPull
10-07-13, 4:21 pm
I would say stick to your scheduled mock meet. Ill be squatting as well.

Will do.

Is there a charge for visitors into the gym? Anything else?

GUNS
10-07-13, 5:41 pm
Will do.

Is there a charge for visitors into the gym? Anything else?

We will try to get the owners to let us in but there may be a small fee. GUNZ will let us know when he gets in touch with the staff there!

SquatPressPull
10-07-13, 5:48 pm
We will try to get the owners to let us in but there may be a small fee. GUNZ will let us know when he gets in touch with the staff there!

Sounds good, either way, I'd want to give something for the usage of their equipment. Only fair.

P Diesel
10-08-13, 10:53 am

yea i as gna say touch base ahead of time and let them know we are publicizing there gym on the forvm. also see if u can get a banner from HQ to bring and hang inteh gym. if this is Garrett's home gym id assume one already hangs there.

oh and i can make ti a leg day as well

P

SquatPressPull
10-08-13, 11:41 am
yea i as gna say touch base ahead of time and let them know we are publicizing there gym on the forvm. also see if u can get a banner from HQ to bring and hang inteh gym. if this is Garrett's home gym id assume one already hangs there.

P

I did some GoogleFu and didn't find or see any Animal banners on the walls at Westbank Athletic Club. Even looked through the photos they have and didn't see it.

Leg day every day.. if to didn't hurt so good....

GUNZ
10-08-13, 12:34 pm

P

Yea i talked to owner and hes cool with the ABC! Ill see about getting fees waved, but if we have like 15+plus he may want $5 a person or something like that. They already have a banner i gave them Hanging in the gym!

I did some GoogleFu and didn't find or see any Animal banners on the walls at Westbank Athletic Club. Even looked through the photos they have and didn't see it.

Leg day every day.. if to didn't hurt so good....

Don't yall get to stressed out about your googlefu, as i stated i train here they got a Animal banner, a poster, my Animal shirit, my Animal pic, ect on the walls!! lol All yall need to do is show up with a Animal shirt on.

SquatPressPull
10-08-13, 12:58 pm
Yea i talked to owner and hes cool with the ABC! Ill see about getting fees waved, but if we have like 15+plus he may want $5 a person or something like that. They already have a banner i gave them Hanging in the gym!

Don't yall get to stressed out about your googlefu, as i stated i train here they got a Animal banner, a poster, my Animal shirit, my Animal pic, ect on the walls!! lol All yall need to do is show up with a Animal shirt on.

I still need to get a shirt. Can anyone confirm if the XXL runs big, true, or small?

I'll still slide some cash to them, I couldn't lift for free, I'd feel to bad. Plus, it'll most likely be the best gym I've ever lifted at. haha

See y'all Nov. 2!

P Diesel
10-08-13, 2:36 pm
I still need to get a shirt. Can anyone confirm if the XXL runs big, true, or small?

I'll still slide some cash to them, I couldn't lift for free, I'd feel to bad. Plus, it'll most likely be the best gym I've ever lifted at. haha

See y'all Nov. 2!

i find the 2Xs to be a little small. im def a 3x

P

SquatPressPull
10-08-13, 3:12 pm

P

I wish there was an option for the shirts. One of them has a XXL option but, is currently out. :|

Don't blame me for wearing an Animal shirt that looks like it was painted onto my fat rolls when I get there. haha

GUNS
10-08-13, 4:27 pm

PThat's because you are a rather large fella!

I wish there was an option for the shirts. One of them has a XXL option but, is currently out. :|

Don't blame me for wearing an Animal shirt that looks like it was painted onto my fat rolls when I get there. hahaHahaha

GUNZ
10-08-13, 4:33 pm

P

P likes the tighter fit to show off his arms! Lol

SquatPressPull
10-08-13, 4:34 pm

I would too if my fat rolls were muscle rolls!

(I meant XXXL in my earlier post but, I'm sire you all know that.)

I do have a XXL coming in though, so I'm going to try to drop some fat before then. Y'all better hope I do!

P Diesel
10-08-13, 6:59 pm

Haha u know me too well bro. It's part of the Garrett Griffin bicep/forearm plan. It's comprehensive training accompanied by many tshirts 2-3 sizes too small ;)

P

GUNZ
10-09-13, 10:25 am

P

Haha u know me too well bro. It's part of the Garrett Griffin bicep/forearm plan. It's comprehensive training accompanied by many tshirts 2-3 sizes too small ;)

P

Lol don't tell everyone my secret!!

P Diesel
10-09-13, 1:27 pm
Lol don't tell everyone my secret!!

haha that was only part of it. ill kep the rest to myself so i can use it.

P

HIGA MONSTER
10-10-13, 11:41 am

P
Puh-LEEZ...you are not a 3xl you Amish sasquatch.

P Diesel
10-10-13, 1:26 pm

u know damn well im 3xl sumtimes 4xl. sorry that im well over a ft taller then ur shrimp fried rice ass

P

SquatPressPull
10-10-13, 1:39 pm

u know damn well im 3xl sumtimes 4xl. sorry that im well over a ft taller then ur shrimp fried rice ass

P

Okay you two crazy two-armed people...

GUNS
10-10-13, 4:41 pm
Okay you two crazy two-armed people...

it's an ongoing battle!

GUNS
10-10-13, 4:43 pm
I will raffle a small Animal banner! Everyone who shows will be entered!

SquatPressPull
10-10-13, 4:57 pm
it's an ongoing battle!

I'll have to settle it and blow both of them away with my bad ass deadlift (when I get there in a few years).

SquatPressPull
10-10-13, 4:58 pm
I will raffle a small Animal banner! Everyone who shows will be entered!

Nice!

Do you have a rough count of how many people will be coming? I know myself and one other guy will be there from Central MS. Several others want to go but, they have other things to do that day. :|

GUNS
10-10-13, 5:12 pm
No not yet, sooo... add your names!

GUNS +2
Swolekicker
Mrs. GUNS

SquatPressPull
10-10-13, 5:38 pm
GUNS +2
Swolekicker
Mrs. GUNS
SquatPressPull

My buddy will sign in (or up??) tonight and post here. (He betta!)

P Diesel
10-12-13, 10:08 am
I'll have to settle it and blow both of them away with my bad ass deadlift (when I get there in a few years).

good luck ;) and as far as blowing away, HIGA loves that

P

GUNS
10-15-13, 10:47 pm
https://www.facebook.com/events/172449586282464/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Got this set up on FB! Too quiet in here. Looks like around 17 so far!

SquatPressPull
10-16-13, 11:33 am
good luck ;) and as far as blowing away, HIGA loves that

P

*rim shot*

https://www.facebook.com/events/172449586282464/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Got this set up on FB! Too quiet in here. Looks like around 17 so far!

Nice! I've been sick but, I'm about to chew some ass. haha He needs to get in here and sign up or he's not riding with me. :)

GUNS
10-23-13, 1:29 pm
Bumping this. We are a little over a week out folks. Everything is set up and just trying to figure out where we are going to eat after. This is goin g to be a great ABC folks.

SquatPressPull
10-23-13, 3:09 pm
Bumping this. We are a little over a week out folks. Everything is set up and just trying to figure out where we are going to eat after. This is goin g to be a great ABC folks.

I'm IN! I need to get Michael to post in here. He did join the FB page.

I prefer a buffet, Mongolian Grill if posible (AYCE). Otherwise, I'm game for anything. I'll have to drive back that evening/night. Have things to do early Sunday morning.

GUNZ
10-23-13, 3:22 pm
I got samples on the way and as far as food, their is good buffet style grill in Metairie nothing good on west bank near the gym.

SquatPressPull
10-23-13, 3:37 pm
I got samples on the way and as far as food, their is good buffet style grill in Metairie nothing good on west bank near the gym.

That'd be cool. I'm considering going to City Diner that morning and do their breakfast eating challenge. :)

GUNZ
10-23-13, 3:39 pm
That'd be cool. I'm considering going to City Diner that morning and do their breakfast eating challenge. :)

Lol eating challenge? As long as u don't throw up in the gym sounds fun. Lol

SquatPressPull
10-23-13, 3:42 pm
Lol eating challenge? As long as u don't throw up in the gym sounds fun. Lol

haha That's the one reason why I may pass on it. Mock meet and throwing up wouldn't be good. Would go after but, I'd rather go eat with everyone else.

BTW, you have 3 new fans as of last night. I showed your picture to a few guys and they were blown away. I told them to get on here and you'd respond to any posts they might have. Said they would.

GUNS
10-23-13, 10:31 pm
GUNZ, buffet sounds good! But Ill eat anywhere!

GUNZ
10-24-13, 12:02 pm

haha That's the one reason why I may pass on it. Mock meet and throwing up wouldn't be good. Would go after but, I'd rather go eat with everyone else.

BTW, you have 3 new fans as of last night. I showed your picture to a few guys and they were blown away. I told them to get on here and you'd respond to any posts they might have. Said they would.

Yea man I wanna see you get good workout for your mock meet!! That's awesome man, tell them tp out away and I'll try to help them out with anything. I'll be taking it easy at the ABC just trying to help and give tips and pointers, I'll be 7 days out from Ironfest bench only meet.

GUNZ, buffet sounds good! But Ill eat anywhere!

Yep I'll look up name today, it has hibachi, Chinese, and Sushi.

GUNS
10-28-13, 9:43 pm
Getting close folks! See everyone Sat!

SquatPressPull
10-28-13, 9:59 pm
Getting close folks! See everyone Sat!

I'm definitely ready. Doing some light squats tonight, light bench tomorrow, and light deadlifts Thursday. Then rest and eating. Going to break 850 total (hopefully) and maybe try 900. If I break 850 total? I'll be happy.

See y'all Saturday!!

SquatPressPull
10-30-13, 2:25 pm
Not that I'm excited or pumped up or anything or counting but, ONLY THREE MORE DAYS!!!!

SquatPressPull
11-01-13, 10:07 am
One more day!

I'm going to be like a fat kid (although I am) at a candy store!

Ok, I'll see you all tomorrow. A buddy and I are leaving about 6:30 AM tomorrow will be heading South to New Orleans.

GUNZ
11-01-13, 11:01 am
See everyone tomorrow, I got Rage samples and a gym full of weights!! Boom

GUNS
11-01-13, 11:06 am
G, I got the 2 banners ready. I will be giving one away and one that everyone will sign and you can keep down there for future events! We will get a group pic holding the one we sign! See you all there! Ill be heading down at about 9am!

SquatPressPull
11-01-13, 11:13 am
See everyone tomorrow, I got Rage samples and a gym full of weights!! Boom

Hell yeah, I'll test it with my mock meet. Should I keep caffeine to a minimum tomorrow morning?

So pumped up and ready to GO!

G, I got the 2 banners ready. I will be giving one away and one that everyone will sign and you can keep down there for future events! We will get a group pic holding the one we sign! See you all there! Ill be heading down at about 9am!

I'm signed up for the giveaway, right? Also, I have warned you about the XXL shirt... it's kinda tight.....

See you fellas tomorrow.

GUNS
11-01-13, 12:14 pm
I wouldn't change too much for your mock meet. BUT, you can try the caffeine and see how it works for you fore meet day! Tomorrow is the best time to try what you think you will use on meet day. Better to have issues on mock meet than on meet day!

Yes, everyone that shows up will put there name in a hat and will be randomly chosen for the banner!

SquatPressPull
11-01-13, 12:18 pm
I wouldn't change too much for your mock meet. BUT, you can try the caffeine and see how it works for you fore meet day! Tomorrow is the best time to try what you think you will use on meet day. Better to have issues on mock meet than on meet day!

Yes, everyone that shows up will put there name in a hat and will be randomly chosen for the banner!

I meant for GUNZ bringing RAGE samples. I could try that with my mock meet. If it works to well, I'll start training with it for my real meet. :)

Okay! Cool. Great prize for sure!

GUNS
11-01-13, 12:35 pm
During my meet, I used 2 scoops of Rage during my warmups for squat. Then a 3rd one during my warmups for bench! I don't think Animal would recommend this! But it worked very well for me!

SquatPressPull
11-02-13, 11:54 pm
Had a FREAKING BLAST today!

Thank you GUNS for getting this together. Thank you sir!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DA5lPDqPjk

GUNS
11-03-13, 8:24 am
Great meeting you finally. Great showing for us. I think we had 7 or so at the last one and think we were over 20 this time! I will put pics up later today and put together a vid as soon as I can. A lot of impressive lifts and lifters. I already have plans for the next one. Sometime early Jan, a lot of guys will be in prep for a meet! Then its time for the Cage in C-bus!

GUNZ
11-04-13, 11:11 am
Great event and so good to see everyone and meet new faces!!

SquatPressPull
11-04-13, 11:24 am
Great meeting you finally. Great showing for us. I think we had 7 or so at the last one and think we were over 20 this time! I will put pics up later today and put together a vid as soon as I can. A lot of impressive lifts and lifters. I already have plans for the next one. Sometime early Jan, a lot of guys will be in prep for a meet! Then its time for the Cage in C-bus!

Thank you for having me AND getting it together. I'd never (at least I feel) done what I did without everyone there. I CAN'T miss a rep, the second 450 killed my legs (yesterday. haha)..

I agree, I was so pumped up watch you and everyone else squat. Big number but, you all are big boys too.

Sign me up in #1 position for the next ABC meet. I'm 100% there.

I concur. Thank you for hosting us. One of my favorite all-time events I've been to.

GUNS
11-04-13, 1:03 pm

Meet prep starts today. And Garrett, lets get together more man!

GUNZ
11-04-13, 1:50 pm
Meet prep starts today. And Garrett, lets get together more man!

Yep sounds good man!

The Ant
11-04-13, 2:02 pm
had a great time at the ABC New Orleans. Good times

GUNS
11-05-13, 12:15 pm
http://youtu.be/lbhSU81OffM

SquatPressPull
11-05-13, 12:53 pm
http://youtu.be/lbhSU81OffM

Very nice! Thanks for posting!

SquatPressPull
11-05-13, 12:54 pm
had a great time at the ABC New Orleans. Good times

Great to finally meet you. I appreciate the chat.

bigdog
02-27-15, 10:20 am
any plans on another abc in new orleans?

K.W
12-01-15, 11:16 pm
Hey guys I will be in New Orleans next week and I might need a place to lift. Somewhere to deadlift and squat and not get in trouble. You guys know. I'm not even sure if I will have time to lift but I'm going to bring my gear anyway. I will be at the Sheraton hotel down by burbin st (spelled it wrong) so hopefully there's a gym in that area. Thanks again.

GUNS
12-02-15, 5:55 pm
West Bank Athletics, 504 Fitness, or Body Doctors! All three great gyms, cant go wrong with any of them!

K.W
12-02-15, 6:30 pm
Sweet sounds good i will check thoses gyms out.