PDA

View Full Version : GARRETT GRIFFIN "Gunz Benches 550 Raw"

naturalguy
01-16-13, 10:36 am
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Arnold2013/ArnoldGarret.jpg

Garrett "GUNZ" Griffin is among the best raw bench pressers in the world. The New Orleans iron warrior sports a bodybuilder's physique while also boasting some of the greatest feats of flat benching ever, including a raw 520 competition bench at 215 lb, raw 500 competition lift at 207 lb and a raw 490 bench at 196 lb bodyweight – all lifts done in legit competitions where it counts. His world record includes the 198 lb APA raw bench press record. He's also the 198 lb APF raw bench press American record holder. GUNZ is currently ranked #1 in country in the raw bench press in the 198 and 220 lb weight classes. He also claims a 1710 lb raw total at 197.

What's on tap for him in The Cage? In GUNZ's words:

"My goal will be 550 and move one step closer to the all-time WR of 580. To top it off, I plan on giving the 200 lb dumbbells a ride for reps on the flat bench. I plan on feeding off the crazy energy in The Cage."

So will this Animal Athlete hit 550 at The Cage, a PR? The better question is, will you be there to see it?

Friday, 3/1/13 at 2:30pm
The CAGE, Booth #419

Aggression
01-16-13, 10:39 am
Among the next generation of PL'ers (bodybuilder physique with PL numbers), I'm definitely looking forward to meeting Garrett and seeing this go down.

freighttraindane
01-16-13, 10:41 am
Damn 550 Raw is insane, can't wait to see this

P Diesel
01-16-13, 10:53 am
god damn, front row fo sho

P

GUNZ
01-16-13, 1:20 pm
Honored to part of this great company, I know one thing is for sure. I'm gonna be jacked and ready to kill shit!!

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 1:30 pm
Honored to part of this great company, I know one thing is for sure. I'm gonna be jacked and ready to kill shit!!

Always awesome to see fellas lay it on the line and push farther than ever before by going for a PR in the CAGE... Good luck brotha. Ima lookin forward to the vid on ur event....

Altered Beast
01-16-13, 2:01 pm
550!!!!! NICE!

G, you got this my man!

GUNS
01-16-13, 2:15 pm
Garrett, this is gonna be insane, Ive never been, but watched via cam, and I dont know if you have ever lifted in this type environment, adrenaline is going to be crazy! Kill it man!

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 2:48 pm
Garrett, this is gonna be insane, Ive never been, but watched via cam, and I dont know if you have ever lifted in this type environment, adrenaline is going to be crazy! Kill it man!

Whose gonna be more excited, GUNS or GUNZ???

GUNS
01-16-13, 2:50 pm
We will be = excited!

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 2:51 pm
We will be = excited!

U two need a shared nick, like G2 or G&G or GToo...

GUNS
01-16-13, 2:57 pm
We have trained together once, wish we were closer! Training would be insane, I know he would boost me up, and I feel like I could him as well. I dont know if he has someone that is as serious as me, I think we talked about it! But having a trusted training partner, and one that is there waiting for you to train, every time, thats a hard thing to find, we both have had issues with that! A great partner only makes you better!

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 2:58 pm
wish we were closer!

Uhhh....

GUNS
01-16-13, 3:01 pm
Uhhh....

Not that close!

GUNZ
01-16-13, 3:03 pm
U two need a shared nick, like G2 or G&G or GToo...

I'll roll with G3 (Garrett gunz griffin) lol

We have trained together once, wish we were closer! Training would be insane, I know he would boost me up, and I feel like I could him as well. I dont know if he has someone that is as serious as me, I think we talked about it! But having a trusted training partner, and one that is there waiting for you to train, every time, thats a hard thing to find, we both have had issues with that! A great partner only makes you better!

Yea GUNS was a good day when we trained together, and ur right a solid training partner is worth million bucks!! Motivation and pushing each other to the limits!

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 3:03 pm
I'll roll with G3 (Garrett gunz griffin) lol

Yea GUNS was a good day when we trained together, and ur right a solid training partner is worth million bucks!! Motivation and pushing each other to the limits!

Haha well played brotha.

papercut
01-16-13, 5:15 pm
Kill it bro. Wish I could make it down to see that. 2014 for sure.

B.D.Smash
01-16-13, 6:35 pm
GUNZ...You're damn inspiration Brother and you are going to dominate!

Rage
01-16-13, 8:29 pm
Looking forward to this Garrett. The Cage is the spot to see records broken.

Animal
01-17-13, 2:30 pm
Electrifying event. Hope you hit 550.

GUNZ
01-17-13, 3:08 pm
Electrifying event. Hope you hit 550.

I'm gonna give it one he'll of I ride I can promises that!!! I use to doubt myself a lot and learned over the years I could do things I didnt think possible. I would go into meets with so much intensity I would end up Hitting PRs on platform that were better then my gym lifts. Ill be ready

Universal Rep
01-23-13, 12:38 pm
GUNZ... http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/24327

Deathride
01-25-13, 1:05 pm
Looking forwards to seeing this done - Animal is sponsoring some massive bench monsters currently......

Altered Beast
01-25-13, 2:49 pm
My neighborly Cajun bretheren is going to KILL IT!

GUNZ
01-25-13, 3:11 pm
My neighborly Cajun bretheren is going to KILL IT!

haha!! love that quote bro "neighborly Cajun bretheren" I might bust out my shrimp boots for this lift. lol

GUNS
01-25-13, 3:21 pm
haha!! love that quote bro "neighborly Cajun bretheren" I might bust out my shrimp boots for this lift. lolpot of crawfish, post lift!

Garrett, we got to get together for a boil man!

Altered Beast
01-28-13, 8:53 am
haha!! love that quote bro "neighborly Cajun bretheren" I might bust out my shrimp boots for this lift. lol

LOL! That would be awesome!

pot of crawfish, post lift!

Garrett, we got to get together for a boil man!

I'll bring some brisket, y'all bring the goodies for crawfish gumbo! That is stuff is impossible to beat with some garlic/butter bread =)

Animal
03-04-13, 12:33 pm
Great way to kick off Friday GUNZ. Some great raw lifting.

GUNZ
03-04-13, 4:51 pm
This experience was even better then I ever thought it would be, from the second I walked in the Cage Thursday night to check out the new bench everyone was soo cool and welcomed me like I was a veteran. During my lift I kinda rushed myself through warm ups just cause I was somewhat nervious, I singled 500 and it felt pretty easy. Next I called for 530 witch would tie my personal best in the gym, lift off was bad and had to regroup and get back on the bench and still nailed it. After the 530 my forarms were soo pumped up I was having extream pain and was very hard for me to even make a fist. I came to hit 550 and that's what I called for next, my training partner was in my face screaming "this is what you came for" and Vinny had the crowd bucked up. Something came over me like and I said to myself this is your time to shine, approached the bench and I was zoned in "couldn't hear a thing" its just me and the weight. I hit the lift with pounds to spare and I was on cloud 9, so happy I succeded more for the fans and Animal then myself. I hate to let others down, and I did't so it was best feeling in world hitting 20lb PR in the Cage in front of all Animal fans. http://youtu.be/FrRbLgkss-g

GUNS
03-04-13, 8:43 pm
Really wish I had not missed this one man, but was working the shop! The vid looked like it was cake! I now understand the intensity that it takes to get focused, and the crowd, and just being in the cage makes for some crazy energy! Congrats!

Altered Beast
03-05-13, 8:53 am
EASY MONEY! It was fun to meet you!

I've got a ways to go before I catch up to you!! Seriously nice lifting, looked easy!

smoothballer
03-05-13, 8:20 pm
Your technique is so spot on that I am trying to replicate my own perfect form on every rep. It was great to meet you bro.

P Diesel
03-06-13, 2:13 pm
crazy strong bro ... i need to get down ur way and see how u freaks get it done.

P

Animal
03-06-13, 2:48 pm
This experience was even better then I ever thought it would be, from the second I walked in the Cage Thursday night to check out the new bench everyone was soo cool and welcomed me like I was a veteran. During my lift I kinda rushed myself through warm ups just cause I was somewhat nervious, I singled 500 and it felt pretty easy. Next I called for 530 witch would tie my personal best in the gym, lift off was bad and had to regroup and get back on the bench and still nailed it. After the 530 my forarms were soo pumped up I was having extream pain and was very hard for me to even make a fist. I came to hit 550 and that's what I called for next, my training partner was in my face screaming "this is what you came for" and Vinny had the crowd bucked up. Something came over me like and I said to myself this is your time to shine, approached the bench and I was zoned in "couldn't hear a thing" its just me and the weight. I hit the lift with pounds to spare and I was on cloud 9, so happy I succeded more for the fans and Animal then myself. I hate to let others down, and I did't so it was best feeling in world hitting 20lb PR in the Cage in front of all Animal fans. http://youtu.be/FrRbLgkss-g

Thank you. I was impressed by your energy and your enthusiasm. To me, it's always special when we can work with athletes who are such great ambassadors for the Animal brand and passionate about what the "A" stands for. Lifting in The Cage is like nothing else.

GUNZ
03-06-13, 3:56 pm
Really wish I had not missed this one man, but was working the shop! The vid looked like it was cake! I now understand the intensity that it takes to get focused, and the crowd, and just being in the cage makes for some crazy energy! Congrats!

It's cool Guns I know you were busy working the shop! Thanks

EASY MONEY! It was fun to meet you!

Thanks, good meeting u also!

I've got a ways to go before I catch up to you!! Seriously nice lifting, looked easy!

Keeping pushing! U can't hit anything u put your mind 2

Your technique is so spot on that I am trying to replicate my own perfect form on every rep. It was great to meet you bro.

That one thing Iv always took pride in and thats perfect form and technique!! I still to this day watch my own vids and pic it appart looking for what went right or what went wrong. Key to a good lift starts with good technique

crazy strong bro ... i need to get down ur way and see how u freaks get it done.

P Diesel- awesome hanging out with you bro!! Anytime u wanna make a trip to NOLA I got you a room at the house for the weekend, we could def get some crazy training in.

P

Thank you. I was impressed by your energy and your enthusiasm. To me, it's always special when we can work with athletes who are such great ambassadors for the Animal brand and passionate about what the "A" stands for. Lifting in The Cage is like nothing else.

Thanks, I'm all about giving back! As a lifting I never want to miss a lift, but in a setting like the Cage, the pressure is on and I don't wanna let Animal or their fans down.

Animal
03-06-13, 3:58 pm
Thanks, I'm all about giving back! As a lifting I never want to miss a lift, but in a setting like the Cage, the pressure is on and I don't wanna let Animal or their fans down.

Next year, 600.

GUNZ
03-06-13, 4:50 pm
Next year, 600.

I use to doubt some things, but I think 600 is in my cards one day!! Just train to keep making progress, and hope to make it injury free to have a chance at a 600

Ragin Asian
03-06-13, 10:33 pm
GUNZ - you're a technician - no doubt about that!!! You're mad strong and your technique is flawless. You have 600 in you already, it's just waiting to bust out! So glad to finally meet you in person - you're such a great and cool guy!!! Can't wait to see you again - Powerswitch (Bobby) and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. I've already been hit up by meet directors asking about you and some of the athletes that lifted in the Cage. They want to know your schedule and what you plan on doing. ;)

Altered Beast
03-07-13, 8:58 am
Yo my Cajun brethren! When is your next Full Power Meet?

GUNZ
03-07-13, 4:08 pm
GUNZ - you're a technician - no doubt about that!!! You're mad strong and your technique is flawless. You have 600 in you already, it's just waiting to bust out! So glad to finally meet you in person - you're such a great and cool guy!!! Can't wait to see you again - Powerswitch (Bobby) and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. I've already been hit up by meet directors asking about you and some of the athletes that lifted in the Cage. They want to know your schedule and what you plan on doing. ;)

Thanks so much Kathy, you and Bobby are both great people with a lot of knowledge of the sport! It's always cool talking to new people and making friends in the sport. I always tell people I pride myself on being on point technique end of benching and just keep pushing the limits! For me looks like next stop will be APA Raw Nats, after that I'm not sure. I love traveling and doing new meets or putting on demos. I'll def keep in touch with you and Bobby

Yo my Cajun brethren! When is your next Full Power Meet?

yea, cajun brother in da house! Funny you ask that, I had 1 hr talk with Jared Daigre owner of BOAD clothing and the guy who got me started in this sport last night. (he was my crazy lift off guy). It took me some time to get to 225lb for the Cage and since home sitting at 220, my bench has made big strides with the weight gain and we really feel its in my best interest to stay at this body weight and keep putting up bigger meet #s in bench @220. Full power I need to 198 to be stay running with top lifters in country, and for now I don't want to cut to 198. Possibly before end of year Ill hit full power 198 and goal is 1750-1780 without knee wraps.

Deathride
03-11-13, 7:24 pm
Outrageous strength. Further fuelling my quest to hit 300 :-)