PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on DHEA

ReBesBe
03-12-07, 11:44 pm
What are your thoughts on DHEA? I don't think its banned in most contests. I've gotten some good cuts off of it.

NumeroUno
03-13-07, 12:05 am
DHEA stays in your system for a year and college sports won't allow it. Otherwise, it's not illegal. You can pick it up at a GNC!... I did :-)

For all of those who are trying DHEA or want to, it increases your production of Test AND estrogen make sure you are taking something with an estrogen blocker. Or else....

-Daniel

ReBesBe
03-13-07, 12:14 am
DHEA stays in your system for a year and college sports won't allow it. Otherwise, it's not illegal. You can pick it up at a GNC!... I did :-)

For all of those who are trying DHEA or want to, it increases your production of Test AND estrogen make sure you are taking something with an estrogen blocker. Or else....

-Daniel

GNC is kind of expensive.. you'd be better off getting it at Walmart.. or ordering it off of bestpricenutrition.com.. I don't get anything at GNC.

JakeHump
03-13-07, 12:32 am
I bought my DHEA from Vitamin World.. it gave me a lot of headaches... Anyone else experience this?

MassManiac
03-13-07, 3:23 am
Gotta be careful with DHEA... it easily converts into estrogen. If your test levels are high (as they most likely are if you are under the age of about 25), the majority of the product will be converted to estrogen instead of test. Here's a quote from the AST site saying pretty much the same thing:

"The mechanisms that underline testosterone synthesis within the body suggest that DHEA can just as easily be converted to estrogens as it can testosterone. At your age (23), anabolic hormone levels are already at maximum, so supplementing with additional building material (such as DHEA) will probably mean that it will be converted to estrogens. And therefore, increase your risk of unwanted side effects." (http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=3112)

So, I donno... if you're thinking about doing it, I would definitely invest in some sort of anti-estrogen such as 6-oxo or something... maybe even Stak 2, as it has aromatase inhibitor complexes in it as well. Hope this helps bro.

Big Rich
03-13-07, 10:36 am
DHEA is for old farts like me... 47
If you are in your 20's you should not supplement with it.

Ryan
03-13-07, 11:17 am
Don't bother at your age. I'm two years younger and tried DHEA. It didn't work at all, although I experienced no side effects. What everyone else is saying is right, your young enough that it won't be productive in any way.

NumeroUno
03-13-07, 1:37 pm
I know GNC is expensive but DHEA is only about $9-even at GNC (90 pills- 1 a day). DHEA is way inexpensive, but put some thought into it before you start using it.

-Daniel

k1usa
03-13-07, 8:51 pm
DHEA is for old farts like me... 47
If you are in your 20's you should not supplement with it.

Im 53...and still ....a well......emmmm...feel like a younger fart....

I agree with you buddy...the younger guys are fit just fine for the test...

Mr.Totality
03-13-07, 9:46 pm
Seriously this is for 30+ IMO

dancingbear
03-14-07, 5:45 pm
In general the anabolic usefulness of DHEA has been limited by it's relatively easy conversion to estrogen through a reaction with the aromatase enzyme (CYP19). Too much estrogen can inhibit the HPTA, increase fat deposits and cause water retention. Definitely not things one would want to add to an animal training program.

I can only repeat that it would be best to wait until you're >30. At your age your T levels should be coming into their own or raging. A better use for your money would be on the most anabolic substance known to man - food.

DTiffin
03-14-07, 11:33 pm
From what I'm reading, 7-Keto DHEA is better, not only because it doesn't convert to estrogen or testosterone, but it still has the thermogenic effect, enhancement of human growth hormone (IGF-1), support of muscle growth, and a host of other things that straight up DHEA has.
The only side effect I've seen listed is palpitations.

I only just started using this and I seem to be burning some stubborn lil' fat reserves (gotta keep up the fuckin' cardio--ugh!) but I'll have a better idea of what this stuff does in about a month or so. I'm in the "old fart" category, and so I'm giving it a try.

I'll shout back in a bit and let you know what I found, if anything. If anyone else is down to try it or is using it, I'd like to hear what you have to say on it.

Peace-
Dt

P_Venkman
03-15-07, 12:38 am
I think the old-ER guys :-) that posted on this are right. Notice how guys in their 40's and 50's are envious of us 20 something's Test levels? Unless you're older than 25, no need to mess with your T levels, probably just a waste of money, among other things. 18 yrs old is way to young to be dealing with this kind of stuff. Im not tryin to preach to ya bro, just tryin to save you some headaches and money. I tried a few different products such as Tribulus and other natural T boosters, and got nothing but oily skin, acne, and mood swings. The gains weren't anything above normal either.

msktyshha
11-30-09, 6:54 pm
hey guys I was in gnc today and the guy was telling me about dhea and how supplementing dhea could buildup muscle. Anyone have some useful info on dhea and what it really is?

On Letting Go
12-01-09, 7:24 am
DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) is a steroid, in fact it is the most abundant steroid in the human body. Synthesized by the adrenal glands and the brain.

It acts on the androgen receptor both directly and through its metabolites, which include androstenediol and androstenedione, which can undergo further conversion to produce the androgen testosterone and the estrogens estrone and estradiol.

charlievanriper
12-01-09, 7:46 am
hey guys I was in gnc today and the guy was telling me about dhea and how supplementing dhea could buildup muscle. Anyone have some useful info on dhea and what it really is?

If your under 30 forget it and dont waste your money, your body has plenty. Plus you could fuck up your hormones buy supplementing with it. your bofy can only use 100% not any more so if your producing DHEA and you add your body stops producing its own.

Hercules
12-01-09, 8:03 am
When you go to those types of stores, the employees will try to sell you anything. Do your research first, go in and buy what you need, and forget about anything else. Better yet, shop online and save a ton of money.