PDA

View Full Version : FORVM "Pros vs. Bros"

Pages : [1] 2 3

naturalguy
01-16-13, 10:36 am
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Arnold2013/ProsvsBros_zpsfa4b4dc4.jpg

The first, true and original Pros vs. Bros returns yet again to where it all began--The Cage. Pitting two Animal teams comprised of diverse members of the Animal crew, including IFBB pros like Wrath and Ox against an upstart band of Universal brothers, like Antoine Vaillant and Josh Halladay, plus incorporating several game members from the FORVM in a three-way throw-down for lifting supremacy. Staying with the powerlifting theme of The Cage, the fellas will go rep-for-rep on the Big Three—bench, squats and deadlifts, and the team with the highest total number of reps wins. It is just that easy. So close down The Cage with us on Sunday afternoon, March 3rd at 3pm with the blowout FORVM member event, headlined by Pros vs. Bros and pull for Team Red, Team Yellow or the boys from Universal.

Sunday, 3/3/13 at 3:00pm
The CAGE, Booth #419

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 3:34 pm
Had 'em in years past in one form or another. Do it again in '13? If ya vote yes, ideas?

conjugalburns
01-16-13, 4:02 pm
Had 'em in years past in one form or another. Do it again in '13? If ya vote yes, ideas?

I'm not an idea man, and currently I just have food on my mind haha.

Razor
01-16-13, 4:51 pm
Definitely down for this. What kind of stuff was done in the past?

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
01-16-13, 5:00 pm
I think a FORVM event would be awesome. Maybe have a drawing, something special to honor the watchmen... Tickets to the night show/prejudging, gym bags full of gear. All FORVM exclusive. Maybe have something special lined up for Active Duty/Veteran Animals. Something small and exclusive. We aren't hard to please and we love things the general public/fans can't get their hands on.

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 5:07 pm
Definitely down for this. What kind of stuff was done in the past?

Awards, Meet 'N Greet, Pros vs. Bros, Bros vs. Bros, etc.

I think a FORVM event would be awesome. Maybe have a drawing, something special to honor the watchmen... Tickets to the night show/prejudging, gym bags full of gear. All FORVM exclusive. Maybe have something special lined up for Active Duty/Veteran Animals. Something small and exclusive. We aren't hard to please and we love things the general public/fans can't get their hands on.

Ah, the old Watchmen breakfasts... I heard about those.

Razor
01-16-13, 5:09 pm
Hmm so for this event are we going to tell people to step out of the Cage? I mean everyone that is in the Cage is going to say they are on the Forvm right?

Razor
01-16-13, 5:10 pm

Ahhh ok now i'm starting to picture it.

01-16-13, 5:10 pm

Pros vs Bros etc would be sweet addition to the professional vid. Allow some of the long standing "bros" to get a little FaceTime. I know enforcer, big c, guns, a few other guys would love to throw some heavy shit around and show what they are made of.

Universal Rep
01-16-13, 5:12 pm
Pros vs Bros etc would be sweet addition to the professional vid. Allow some of the long standing "bros" to get a little FaceTime. I know enforcer, big c, guns, a few other guys would love to throw some heavy shit around and show what they are made of.

Yup. Theres also been charity events for the military in the past, plus events involvin athletes from other companies....

GUNS
01-16-13, 5:13 pm

^^^

Watchman vs pros!

Whatever it is, we gotta get this sorted out so people can prep!

01-16-13, 5:13 pm
Yup. Theres also been charity events for the military in the past, plus events involvin athletes from other companies....

The bench off with Gaspari was great. I was present for that one. Those things def bring positive awareness to The Cage. We aren't just big and scary guys after all.

conjugalburns
01-16-13, 6:30 pm

I like the sound of this

mulisha
01-16-13, 6:40 pm
I like wear this is all going

D-NUTZ
01-16-13, 7:47 pm
The bench off with Gaspari was great. I was present for that one. Those things def bring positive awareness to The Cage. We aren't just big and scary guys after all.

Yeah, this was great. Money went to a great cause too.

Nix0r
01-16-13, 11:29 pm
something special to honor the watchmen

I like where your head's at.

I like food, and have been known to eat it from time to time.

BamBam
01-17-13, 10:44 am
I'm all for the meet and greets, give-a-ways, and so on... but the one thing I want to do again and again....

PRO's vs BRO's

DO IT!! :)

Peace-
BB-

BamBam
01-17-13, 11:15 am
Pro's vs Pro's
Pro's vs Bro's
Bro's vs Bro's

Who's down??? Seems like every year this is always something fun to watch, and I had the honor to be apart of the 500 lbs deadlift marathon a few years ago. It pushes one another and lets some of the "lesser known" members of the Legion get to lift on the big stage like the Pro's do..

I'm down for whatever... name your terms. I may be having my knee scoped and cleaned first week of Feb, so squats may be out, but either way... my hat is officially in the ring.

God Bless-
BB-

Phil800101
01-17-13, 1:13 pm
I'd be down for something.

smoothballer
01-17-13, 1:15 pm
I'd be down for something.

He lives...

BamBam
01-17-13, 1:19 pm
He lives...

It is alive...

and good to know Phil! I think the more guys we get interested and willing to do something.. the more likely it is to happen.

Phil800101
01-17-13, 9:37 pm
He lives...

[QUOTE=BamBam92;1285748]It is alive...

and good to know Phil! I think the more guys we get interested and willing to do something.. the more likely it is to happen.[/QUOTE

Ha ha ha, I've been around a bit more in the past month or so, but not nearly as much as in the past, no.

Indeed, most definitely.

Razor
01-17-13, 9:59 pm
[QUOTE=BamBam92;1285748]It is alive...

and good to know Phil! I think the more guys we get interested and willing to do something.. the more likely it is to happen.[/QUOTE

Ha ha ha, I've been around a bit more in the past month or so, but not nearly as much as in the past, no.

Indeed, most definitely.

Killer!

Phil800101
01-17-13, 10:12 pm
[QUOTE=Phil800101;1285944]

Killer!

Brutal!

BamBam
01-18-13, 9:20 am
Anyone have any ideas of events or lifts they'd like to do?

I think it'd be fun to see

Heavy deads for reps
Bench BW for reps
Log Press reps

Gimme time to brainstorm and I shal

Kowboy
01-18-13, 9:26 am
I liked the team stuff w/ Pros and Bros vs Pros and Bros for a comp. I am not super strong but would be down w/ deads or ohp for reps. I am too heavy for bench your bw lol unles you want me to do 1 lol

HIGA MONSTER
01-18-13, 10:04 am
He lives...
lmao

Post of the day...

HIGA MONSTER

Firefist
01-18-13, 12:30 pm
If the head honchos allow, I'd be willing to throw my hat into the ring for 315 deads for reps with anyone sub 190. Fuck.... anyone actually, win or lose. Always been a dream of mine to do something in there.

Or perhaps a team medley. 3 guys on a team, >200 pounds at 315, 200-250 at 405 and 250+ at 495 for reps, highest total wins?

Idk, just tossin around ideas is all.

Kowboy
01-18-13, 12:36 pm
wish I could hang w/ 495 for reps but even at 260 that is out of my league except maybe for 1. really need to get my strength up to match my size lol I would love to get involved in one of these contests though.

Universal Rep
01-18-13, 12:37 pm
Here sum suggestions for a potential "mystery" and yet unnamed CAGE event...

Crew* vs. Legion** (Pros vs. Bros and Bros vs. Bros)
Legion vs. Legion (Bros vs. Bros)
Pros vs. Pros
Pros vs. Bros (Crew or Legion)

* Crew = Animal Crew (sponsored Athletes and/or Staff)
** Legion = Any member of the FORVM here

Kowboy
01-18-13, 12:40 pm
Here sum suggestions for a potential "mystery" and yet unnamed CAGE event...

Crew* vs. Legion** (Pros vs. Bros and Bros vs. Bros)
Legion vs. Legion (Bros vs. Bros)
Pros vs. Pros
Pros vs. Bros (Crew or Legion)

* Crew = Animal Crew (sponsored Athletes and/or Staff)
** Legion = Any member of the FORVM here

That would be awesome!

Phil800101
01-18-13, 12:42 pm
wish I could hang w/ 495 for reps but even at 260 that is out of my league except maybe for 1. really need to get my strength up to match my size lol I would love to get involved in one of these contests though.

I'm in the same boat as you my man, my strength does not match my size. But yeah, I would love to take part.

You know, if they do team events and have us on opposite teams, it would probably equal out. Or we could go head-to-head on something...hmm...

Kowboy
01-18-13, 12:43 pm
I'm in the same boat as you my man, my strength does not match my size. But yeah, I would love to take part.

You know, if they do team events and have us on opposite teams, it would probably equal out. Or we could go head-to-head on something...hmm...

You know I am down for anything. We could always do sprints w/ Guns on our back.

Universal Rep
01-18-13, 12:50 pm
That would be awesome!

I meant, tell me wut ya think... Which would be the coolest?

Kowboy
01-18-13, 12:53 pm
I meant, tell me wut ya think... Which would be the coolest?

I know for me personally I would like to team up w/ some of the crew so I think a Pro vs Bros (crew or legion) would be awesome. I think last year the bros did deads for 315 and the pros did 500 (higa and P). I really liked that.

Universal Rep
01-18-13, 12:57 pm
I know for me personally I would like to team up w/ some of the crew so I think a Pro vs Bros (crew or legion) would be awesome. I think last year the bros did deads for 315 and the pros did 500 (higa and P). I really liked that.

For sure get the Legion here involved and mebbe sum Pros too, but also I think fellas like Enforcer, G, NG and the rest of the fellas want a piece of the action... Esp. as they are in powerlifting mode, prepping for their meet at the end of this month...

Firefist
01-18-13, 1:00 pm

All for this.

Kowboy
01-18-13, 1:02 pm
For sure get the Legion here involved and mebbe sum Pros too, but also I think fellas like Enforcer, G, NG and the rest of the fellas want a piece of the action... Esp. as they are in powerlifting mode, prepping for their meet at the end of this month...

They are totally included in my thing above. I would love to team up w/ any of those guys.

BamBam
01-18-13, 1:36 pm
They are totally included in my thing above. I would love to team up w/ any of those guys.

x 2...

I smell a deadlift challenge in our future.... *hopefully*

I like the idea of Pro's vs Bro's (maybe one of each per team... ex.- GDiesel and BamBam vs Enforcer and Trebin or whatever...) and Bro's vs Bro's cuz it gives the guys a chance to shine at The Cage like the Pros do.

Universal Rep
01-18-13, 1:38 pm
If u fellas are interested in participatin in a potential event, lets start a roll call....

naturalguy
01-18-13, 1:53 pm
Will this be the year that J-Dawg accepts my deadlift challenge???????????????

Mr. Dead
01-18-13, 2:06 pm

I'm guessing it would depend on how much "Rustling" you do... *LOL*

BamBam
01-18-13, 2:50 pm
BamBam92

Who's with me...? Let the games begin..

BB-

Universal Rep
01-18-13, 3:04 pm

- BamBam92
- J-Dawg?
- NG?

Firefist
01-18-13, 3:22 pm
- BamBam92
- J-Dawg?
- NG?
- Firefist

If its 315 deads, put me in coach!

Phil800101
01-18-13, 3:35 pm
BamBam92

Who's with me...? Let the games begin..

BB-

BamBam92
Phil800101

shortstack
01-18-13, 3:58 pm
I'll be there Fri and Sat and in for whatever. Good month and a half to train for it so , Let's do it!!!

Universal Rep
01-18-13, 4:13 pm
- BamBam92
- J-Dawg
- naturalguy
- Firefist (deads)
- Phil800101
- shortstack

01-18-13, 4:43 pm
Im in..... to watch.

shortstack
01-18-13, 5:04 pm
I'd be in for some 315 deads for reps or squats for reps.

HIGA MONSTER
01-18-13, 8:50 pm
Im in..... to watch.
Weak sauce...

You just bummed me out ChaseBrowning.

01-18-13, 10:14 pm
Weak sauce...

You just bummed me out ChaseBrowning.

Just came back from a six week break and still have a half-bum shoulder lol my strength isn't at it's best right now

P Diesel
01-19-13, 12:08 am

id personally love to watch NG and J-Dawg mix it up

Im in..... to watch.

Just came back from a six week break and still have a half-bum shoulder lol my strength isn't at it's best right now

boooooo, boo this man

P

Kowboy
01-19-13, 11:56 am
- J-Dawg
- naturalguy
- Firefist (deads)
- Phil800101
- shortstack
- Trebin (anything but bench lol)

C.Coronato
01-21-13, 10:14 am
Im in. Ill be 5 weeks out, about ~200lbs or so. But im in! The highlight of the cage.

A good look back at 315Deads for 21 reps against my homie Hola Bola who killed it with like 30 reps of 315 squats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An7c7LBWjJY

BamBam
01-21-13, 10:40 am
- J-Dawg
- naturalguy
- Firefist (deads)
- Phil800101
- shortstack
- C.Coronato

BamBam
01-21-13, 10:56 am
- J-Dawg
- naturalguy
- Firefist (deads)
- Phil800101
- shortstack
- C.Coronato
-BamBam92

Figured I'd post again since my name got deleted somehow... hmm..

BB-

Kowboy
01-21-13, 12:11 pm
Figured I'd post again since my name got deleted somehow... hmm..

BB-

that is what I get for doing that shit on my phone lol

BamBam
01-21-13, 1:41 pm
that is what I get for doing that shit on my phone lol

Haha no don't think it was you... I replied with quote but I did it on my work computer too so thats probably why... who knows..?

Any other ideas for events?

shortstack
01-21-13, 1:45 pm
Im in. Ill be 5 weeks out, about ~200lbs or so. But im in! The highlight of the cage.

A good look back at 315Deads for 21 reps against my homie Hola Bola who killed it with like 30 reps of 315 squats:

HB is a freak and always surprises me with his strength. Love Training with that guy.

I'm going to work high reps on deads and squats the next 4 weeks but whatever gets thrown out, I'm in for.

Phil800101
01-21-13, 3:55 pm
Any other ideas for events?

Crave Case race, either one on one or teams of two.

Kowboy
01-21-13, 10:18 pm
I like 315 for reps, not super impressive like 405 or 500 but I think it will relate to more people watching in the cage. Probably a weight they have picked up before ya know. Squatting for reps is brutal and squats are not my strength but I would hit that as well. Log press, axle press, a press medley, grip medley or mini strongman I am down for as well. I could see if I could get some farmers handles, stones or some shit like that (can't guarantee it).

GUNS
01-21-13, 10:29 pm

A good look back at 315Deads for 21 reps against my homie Hola Bola who killed it with like 30 reps of 315 squats:Both Freaks!

Phil800101
01-22-13, 3:09 am
I like 315 for reps, not super impressive like 405 or 500 but I think it will relate to more people watching in the cage. Probably a weight they have picked up before ya know. Squatting for reps is brutal and squats are not my strength but I would hit that as well. Log press, axle press, a press medley, grip medley or mini strongman I am down for as well. I could see if I could get some farmers handles, stones or some shit like that (can't guarantee it).

Excellent point. I'd be down for repping out 315 on squats or deads.

BamBam
01-22-13, 8:22 am
Excellent point. I'd be down for repping out 315 on squats or deads.

Superset it with the Cane's Case Race... puking may occur...

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 9:03 am
Those interested in participatin...

- BamBam92
- J-Dawg
- naturalguy
- Firefist (deads)
- Phil800101
- shortstack (deads)
- C.Coronato
- G Diesel

shortstack
01-22-13, 9:04 am
Just saw Deads next to my name so I'm good with that. Going to knock some out on Thursday and see where I'm at.

G Diesel
01-22-13, 9:15 am
I'm in.

Peace, G

GUNS
01-22-13, 9:21 am
Is there any father/son duo's in here?

Kowboy
01-22-13, 9:30 am
Honestly just throw me at somethinig and I will do my best. Deads are probably my strongest lift but I am willing to do whatever.

HIGA MONSTER
01-22-13, 9:45 am
i'm in.

Peace, g

it just got real...

Phil800101
01-22-13, 11:22 am
Superset it with the Cane's Case Race... puking may occur...

Actually, I meant White Castle, but yeah...puking or something much, much, worse...they call them sliders for a reason...

I'm in.

Peace, G

it just got real...

Indeed...

Sief09
01-22-13, 11:54 am
- BamBam92
- J-Dawg
- naturalguy
- Firefist (deads)
- Phil800101
- shortstack (deads)
- C.Coronato
- G Diesel
- Sief09

I would love to jump in this if it isn't too late!!! I have got 315 for 19 before and I would love an opportunity to lift in the cage! I just turned 22 and I am right around 210 lbs at 6'3" so I won't be the biggest guy buy to lift with some pros and hang out in the cage would be amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BqdRxnc7Sk this is my 15 for reps video

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 11:56 am
- BamBam92
- J-Dawg
- naturalguy
- Firefist (deads)
- Phil800101
- shortstack (deads)
- C.Coronato
- G Diesel
- Sief09 (deads)

I would love to jump in this if it isn't too late!!! I have got 315 for 19 before and I would love an opportunity to lift in the cage! I just turned 22 and I am right around 210 lbs at 6'3" so I won't be the biggest guy buy to lift with some pros and hang out in the cage would be amazing!

Aint too late brotha...

This event is about havin fun and getting FORVM members involved.

Kowboy
01-22-13, 11:58 am
- BamBam92
- J-Dawg
- naturalguy
- Firefist (deads)
- Phil800101
- shortstack (deads)
- C.Coronato
- G Diesel
- Sief09

Heck ya you can man, would be good to compete with you.

Sief09
01-22-13, 11:59 am
I was in for deads btw

Sief09
01-22-13, 12:01 pm
Aint too late brotha...

This event is about havin fun and getting FORVM members involved.

Awesome! It will be an honor!

Sief09
01-22-13, 12:04 pm
Heck ya you can man, would be good to compete with you.
Looking forward to it!

BamBam
01-22-13, 12:29 pm
I'm in.

Peace, G

Hell yeah!

GUNS
01-22-13, 1:31 pm
A good look back at 315Deads for 21 reps

I tried this today, worked out well for me! Lookout!

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 1:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An7c7LBWjJY

I tried this today, worked out well for me! Lookout!

GUNS vs. CC, 315 deads for max reps could be a possible matchup, eh? Bros vs. Bros...

Hollow
01-22-13, 1:45 pm
GUNS vs. CC, 315 deads for max reps could be a possible matchup, eh? Bros vs. Bros...

This would be a cool match up. I'd be putting my money on the more "experienced" lifter GUNS...just saying...

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 1:47 pm
This would be a cool match up. I'd be putting my money on the more "experienced" lifter GUNS...just saying...

Age before beauty??? His who fam will be there rootin him on so there's pride involved, haha. How many can G do?

freighttraindane
01-22-13, 1:50 pm
Are we gonna see a P Diesel v Higa re-match? That was one of the most Epic events? Or maybe a Seath v Higa, they always have crazy battles (and smack talk)!

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 1:53 pm
Are we gonna see a P Diesel v Higa re-match? That was one of the most Epic events? Or maybe a Seath v Higa, they always have crazy battles (and smack talk)!

BS has his hands full... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40135-SEATH308-quot-Chasing-The-Golden-Eagle-500-Pound-Squat-for-Reps-quot

Shukin
01-22-13, 1:54 pm
Hmmmm, 315 dead for reps eh?

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 1:55 pm
Hmmmm, 315 dead for reps eh?

Its one idea.

freighttraindane
01-22-13, 1:59 pm
BS has his hands full... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40135-SEATH308-quot-Chasing-The-Golden-Eagle-500-Pound-Squat-for-Reps-quot

knowing Seath, he would probably be willing to go again on Sunday or something. Esp if Higa starts talking shit

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 1:59 pm
knowing Seath, he would probably be willing to go again on Sunday or something. Esp if Higa starts talking shit

Everyone oughta get a turn, eh?

freighttraindane
01-22-13, 2:00 pm
Everyone oughta get a turn, eh?

good point, my bad, just thinking about good match-ups, would make people dreams come true to participate in an event in the Cage

C.Coronato
01-22-13, 2:01 pm

Not bad not bad at all!

Hmm... Challenge accepted.

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 2:03 pm
good point, my bad, just thinking about good match-ups, would make people dreams come true to participate in an event in the Cage

The big boys got their own events, so unless the fans wanna lift against 'em, my vote is to get max participants from the Legion... Get as many faces involved as possible in the spirit of brotherhood.

I also thought ur name was "Dan", haha.

01-22-13, 2:03 pm
CCoronato and I talked of working on a 3 vs 3. One guy from each team benches, one squats, one deads.

01-22-13, 2:04 pm

lmao... me too. im over here like wtf?

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 2:07 pm
CCoronato and I talked of working on a 3 vs 3. One guy from each team benches, one squats, one deads.

lmao... me too. im over here like wtf?

Two teams sound good. Team Animal vs. Team Universal. Or Team Red vs. Team Yellow. Or Team "44" vs. Team "83". Or Team Black vs. Team White... Wutever. But I think you could have more than three on each team... Maybe 6-8.

I know, haha. I thought my eyes were trickin me...

freighttraindane
The big boys got their own events, so unless the fans wanna lift against 'em, my vote is to get max participants from the Legion... Get as many faces involved as possible in the spirit of brotherhood.

Haha thanks U, damn character limit on user names when i signed up caused everyone to think that

Universal Rep
Haha thanks U, damn character limit on user names when i signed up caused everyone to think that

Corporate fixed that? Nice.

freighttraindane
01-22-13, 2:08 pm
Corporate fixed that? Nice.

No doubt they did! Animal always helping the Legion out

01-22-13, 2:09 pm
Two teams sound good. Team Animal vs. Team Universal. Or Team Red vs. Team Yellow. Or Team "44" vs. Team "83". Or Team Black vs. Team White... Wutever. But I think you could have more than three on each team... Maybe 6-8.

Animal vs Uni sounds good to me... Maybe kick off a little powerlifting vs bodybuilding game. Prove that us BBers arent all pretty boys.

Shukin
01-22-13, 2:10 pm
Its one idea.

I might be interested, will Higa have a stone there? We could do stone over bar for reps.....

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 2:10 pm
Prove that us BBers arent all pretty boys.

Hu?

Team Universal could be captained by CC and Team Animal by G... CC could have AV if he's goin and G could have one "pro". The rest, from the Legion. That's one approach...

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 2:11 pm
I might be interested, will Higa have a stone there? We could do stone over bar for reps.....

No idea...

01-22-13, 2:15 pm
Hu?

Team Universal could be captained by CC and Team Animal by G... CC could have AV if he's goin and G could have one "pro". The rest, from the Legion. That's one approach...

sounds legit... if theres 6-8 per team what kind of events we lookin at? bench, squat, deads, chins, curls... with large teams def lots of room to mix it up

Phil800101
01-22-13, 2:20 pm

Hu?

I like where this is going.

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 2:20 pm
sounds legit... if theres 6-8 per team what kind of events we lookin at? bench, squat, deads, chins, curls... with large teams def lots of room to mix it up

Dunno. But those interested in participating in the event should post up their ideas... This event is really for all the loyal fans here.

Could be three teams, black, red and yellow with G, CC and NG the captains too. More teams, but smaller...

01-22-13, 2:26 pm
Dunno. But those interested in participating in the event should post up their ideas... This event is really for all the loyal fans here.

Could be three teams, black, red and yellow with G, CC and NG the captains too. More teams, but smaller...

or four teams, black, red, yellow, and white. 4 teams of 3. One event each day would be cool and build suspense.

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 2:28 pm
or four teams, black, red, yellow, and white. 4 teams of 3. One event each day would be cool and build suspense.

I picked red, yellow and black for a specific reason, haha... And I dont think there will be time for this on each day. The events are gonna be jam packed this year...

Shukin
01-22-13, 2:51 pm
We could have teams and divide them up by region, where people are from. Total number of reps wins.

Phil800101
01-22-13, 2:58 pm
We could have teams and divide them up by region, where people are from. Total number of reps wins.

Right, says the guy from Jersey, where many of the heavy hitters are from.

Ha ha ha, just bustin' your balls, but seriously I don't think regional would work.

BamBam
01-22-13, 3:01 pm
I like the team idea... and yeah red black and yellow w/ captains stated above. Put 3-4 guys on each team, and pick an event or two. Reps or whatever on said lift. Total reps wins... whoever has most events wins... if tied.........

grecco roman wrestle-off

BB-

GUNS
01-22-13, 3:21 pm
GUNS vs. CC, 315 deads for max reps could be a possible matchup, eh? Bros vs. Bros...Hmmmm....

BamBam
01-22-13, 3:26 pm
I read URep's post a little ways back on having 6-8 per team and I think 6 would be good... that way on each of the "Big 3" lifts, you have a 2 on 2 matchup. Would maybe even things out if you had an experienced lifter and a younger guy vs a team of the same? Idk,... just brainstorming.

Phil800101
01-22-13, 3:48 pm
I like the Team Animal vs Team Universal idea. Here's my thoughts on how to make it happen.

Like URep said, have G captain Team Animal and CC captain Team Universal, with J-Dawg on one team and NG on another, and then maybe one other pro on each team. So at the top we have 2-3 on each team. Follow that with 3-4 bros per team, but ultimately coming down to a team number that is divisible by 3. Teams would therefore look something like this:

Animal
G-Diesel
J-Dawg
Pro
Bro
Bro
Bro

Universal
CC
NG
Pro
Bro
Bro
Bro

For events, we go with the classic squat/bench/dead. Each team would enter two competitors in each event. For numbers, go with body weight for bench, and (based on what I've seen in here so far) 315 each for squat and deadlift (maybe heavier based on the competitors). The idea would be to have bros represented in each event, with a mix of pros and the Animal crew. Matchups would look something like this:

Squat
J-Dawg
NG
Bro(Animal)
Bro (Universal)

Bench
G-Diesel
Pro (Universal)
Bro (Animal)
Bro (Universal)

Deadlift
Pro (Animal)
CC
Bro (Animal)
Bro (Universal)

The winner of each event would be determined by the total number of reps each team put up in the event. The overall winner would be determined by whichever team wins the most events, whether two out of three or three out of three.

Now as we all know, the Cage is jam-packed with events and the schedule is tight as all hell. Therefore, if this were to be done I would say to have one event on each day. This allows for the greatest flexibility time and schedule-wise. Furthermore, doing it this way spreads the event out over the course of the entire weekend. This allows for greater visibility in that more people overall will have a chance to see it than if it were a one-day thing. I think this is important as to me one of the greatest things about pros versus bros is that it allows the general public who may be unfamiliar with Animal, Universal, and the Forum here to see how members of the Legion are included in events in The Cage...and on a broader scale how Animal/Universal includes their fans and gives something back to them.

Overall, I think this setup is relatively simple, easy to follow (for those outside the Cage watching), easy to squeeze in, and very doable. Based on the people we have interested right now, everyone could be included. Besides that, if there are more people interested it would be easy to add onto each team...I think the only limiting factor in that regard is time.

Thoughts?

Sief09
01-22-13, 4:13 pm
I like this idea if we can fit it in! If possible I would like to take one of the bro dead lift spots since it is my best and probably the only lift that I could stay with some of the other guys!

D-NUTZ
01-22-13, 4:24 pm
Great idea Phil! I like it.

Will get in on this someday when I grow up to be big and strong.

World Eater
01-22-13, 5:11 pm
Hu?

CC & Antoine vs G & Wrath... GO!

I read URep's post a little ways back on having 6-8 per team and I think 6 would be good... that way on each of the "Big 3" lifts, you have a 2 on 2 matchup. Would maybe even things out if you had an experienced lifter and a younger guy vs a team of the same? Idk,... just brainstorming.
I like this idea.

Aggression
01-22-13, 5:13 pm
Put me down for max burpees in 5 minutes. Team Animal.

Shukin
01-22-13, 6:30 pm
Put me down for max burpees in 5 minutes. Team Animal.

With a PBR shotgun between reps......I'm down

Kowboy
01-22-13, 8:47 pm
I am down but for reps on squat or bench it depends on the weight (well deads too, my max is 500) so 315 for reps would be awesome. I am down for whatever and would love to just Rep Animal or Universal, I obviously support both companies.

BringTheCarnage
01-23-13, 4:16 am
I am most definitely In for this!

RedlegDbell
01-24-13, 12:00 am
I was planning to hit deads and back at the national ABC but I would change that plan in order to lift in The Cage. I'd take a spot if offered for sure.

P Diesel
01-24-13, 10:58 am

i would love to see this. gettin GUNS in the mix. C is a monster even dieted down. we will see

P

GUNJAK
01-24-13, 11:25 am
I'm down to lift. Squat, bench, deads, or whatever. Fuck it, lets do it.

GUNS
01-24-13, 9:57 pm
i would love to see this. gettin GUNS in the mix. C is a monster even dieted down. we will see

P

So sounds like Me and P vs C and Higa?

315 for me and C

500 for P and Higa

????

BamBam
01-25-13, 1:38 pm
Shaping up to be a battle... I like..

Firefist
01-25-13, 3:13 pm
So sounds like Me and P vs C and Higa?

315 for me and C

500 for P and Higa

????

I wouldnt mind taking on another young gun for 315s either. Bodyweight dont matter, but Im probably gonna be 190.

Enforcer
01-25-13, 5:23 pm
x 2...

I smell a deadlift challenge in our future.... *hopefully*

I like the idea of Pro's vs Bro's (maybe one of each per team... ex.- GDiesel and BamBam vs Enforcer and Trebin or whatever...) and Bro's vs Bro's cuz it gives the guys a chance to shine at The Cage like the Pros do.

Why do I always have to go against my very good friend G Diesel? lol

Kowboy
01-25-13, 5:31 pm

Eek and then get paired with me LOL

Shukin
01-25-13, 5:56 pm
I wouldnt mind taking on another young gun for 315s either. Bodyweight dont matter, but Im probably gonna be 190.

I'm not young, is that okay?

BringTheCarnage
01-25-13, 6:23 pm

ill be about 205lbs im in for 315 for reps!

GUNS
01-25-13, 6:27 pm
I'm not youngDamn straight!

Shukin
01-25-13, 9:03 pm
Damn straight!

Why I ought-a!
What do you think Guns? 315 for reps, should be good for a few.....

GUNS
01-25-13, 10:03 pm
Why I ought-a!
What do you think Guns? 315 for reps, should be good for a few.....Yeah a couple! Lol!

Firefist
01-25-13, 10:25 pm
Haha did not mean it like that brothas, I'm all for the spirit of brotherhood and friendly competition.

Sief09
01-26-13, 1:01 am
I want in on the 315 for reps on deads!!! I will be around 205-210 and I'm 22! Would love to lift in the cage with you guys!!!

Phil800101
01-26-13, 2:04 am
Tested my deads earlier this week, testing out my squat tomorrow...

shortstack
01-28-13, 9:21 am
I'll be testing my Deads this Friday at a place called the ANVIL and I'll be tipping the scales at a whopping 190 maybe 192. At 5'-6" that puts my BMI at morbidly obese so, jus saying. haha

Universal Rep
01-28-13, 11:09 am
I want in on the 315 for reps on deads!!! I will be around 205-210 and I'm 22! Would love to lift in the cage with you guys!!!

First, we gotta get the events and teams in order...

Universal Rep
01-28-13, 11:11 am
Sum additional team members...

- Enforcer (Animal)
- Rage (Animal)
- Nick Lepore (Universal)
- Josh Landry (Universal)
- Josh Halladay (Universal)

I still think we need three teams, two Animal and one Universal...

Kowboy
01-28-13, 11:16 am
Looking good, excited to see this.

Shukin
01-28-13, 11:25 am
I'm game for anything, as long as I can bring my video camera.....lol

freighttraindane
01-28-13, 11:33 am
Welp, here goes nothing, It has always been a dream of mine to lift in the Cage. I would like to put my name in to do Squats in the Pro v Bro event. I tested out 315 for reps this weekend and think I would be up to a challenge.

Phil800101
01-28-13, 12:06 pm
I still think we need three teams, two Animal and one Universal...

That would be cool. What are ya thinking, maybe like six per team?

BamBam
01-28-13, 1:32 pm

Well that was just me brainstorming? Ya don't have to... but I thougth it'd be a great macthup.

That would be cool. What are ya thinking, maybe like six per team?

6-8 is optimal range. That way you can have a few 2 vs 2 events and guys could possibly double up if they wanted. Idk.

HIGA MONSTER
01-29-13, 10:08 am
I'm game for anything, as long as I can bring my video camera.....lol
That is a fuckin disturbing reply Shukin...

You sound like "Merv the Perv"

BamBam
01-29-13, 10:53 am
That is a fuckin disturbing reply Shukin...

You sound like "Merv the Perv"

Don't let Seath see this either... I hear it gets a little crazy in his room..

RedlegDbell
01-29-13, 5:51 pm
I'll be testing my Deads this Friday at a place called the ANVIL and I'll be tipping the scales at a whopping 190 maybe 192. At 5'-6" that puts my BMI at morbidly obese so, jus saying. haha

I'm right there with you Shortstack lol

Phil800101
01-31-13, 5:07 pm
It's quiet in here...too quiet....

Like I said, I'd be down for deads or squats at 315. I haven't stepped on a scale in awhile, but I'm probably sitting around 260-275. I'm big, but comparatively weak for my size.

Benching bodyweight I'd probably get 1...if I'm lucky, ha ha.

Universal Rep
01-31-13, 5:11 pm
Partial list of fellas who don't got a lifting exhibition...

- Wrath (Animal)
- Ox (Animal)
- The House (Animal)
- VinnyG (Universal)
- J. Halladay (Universal)
- Antoine Vaillant (Universal)
- Christian Coronato (Universal)
- G Diesel
- naturalguy
- Aggression
- Enforcer

Sief09
01-31-13, 5:36 pm

- Wrath (Animal)
- Ox (Animal)
- The House (Animal)
- VinnyG (Universal)
- G Diesel
- naturalguy
- Aggression
- Enforcer
I see some pretty serious names on that list! Would be great to see them in action!

Kowboy
01-31-13, 6:08 pm

- Wrath (Animal)
- Ox (Animal)
- The House (Animal)
- VinnyG (Universal)
- G Diesel
- naturalguy
- Aggression
- Enforcer

Thats a badass list, I may not be the strongest but you know I am down for anything. Fat guy physique posing comp, hot dog eating, etc

Madcat
02-01-13, 9:44 am

Man always good to see support like this, was an awesome event. Even if it just turns into some kinda donation thing from members and those around to see someone do something totally off the wall and random. Maybe a random member will step up and say they want to squat XXXlbs, or DL XXXlbs and people can throw in to see it happen and get them more psyched up.

Madcat
02-01-13, 9:45 am

- Wrath (Animal)
- Ox (Animal)
- The House (Animal)
- VinnyG (Universal)
- G Diesel
- naturalguy
- Aggression
- Enforcer

Universal vs Animal like how Gaspri was. All for charity of course, or heck, even just bragging rights.

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 10:45 am
I think I suggested this before, so three teams, two Animal and one Universal... Each team consists of a few pros, a few from Corporate, and a few bros from this FORVM....

Animal Team Yellow
- Wrath (Animal)
- The House
- naturalguy (captain)
- Enforcer
- Bro #1
- Bro #2
- Bro #3

Animal Team Red
- Ox (Animal)
- Big Al
- G Diesel (captain)
- Aggression
- J-Dawg
- Bro #1
- Bro #2

Universal Team
- VinnyG
- Nick Lepore
- J. Halladay
- Antoine Vaillant
- Christian Coronato (captain)
- Bro #1
- Bro #2

shortstack
02-01-13, 10:52 am
I like it U Rep. Can we start to bid for a team or randomly selected by the forum? I'm only there Fri and Sat so if it's Sunday event, I'll have to let some other brothers get their shot, but I'm still in otherwise.
Jeremy

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 10:57 am
I like it U Rep. Can we start to bid for a team or randomly selected by the forum? I'm only there Fri and Sat so if it's Sunday event, I'll have to let some other brothers get their shot, but I'm still in otherwise.
Jeremy

These are just ideas... I dont remember how many fellas are interested in this event. I figured teams of 6 would work, but that only leaves 5 open slots for the Legion. That enough? Or should we try to squeeze everyone in? Or, do we create events like 315 deads for reps, and then have the bros who want to join post up their numbers and only pick based on sum criteria?

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 10:59 am
I think I suggested this before, so three teams, two Animal and one Universal... Each team consists of a few pros, a few from Corporate, and a few bros from this FORVM....

Animal Team Yellow
- Wrath (Animal)
- The House
- naturalguy (captain)
- J-Dawg
- Bro #1
- Bro #2

Animal Team Red
- Ox (Animal)
- Enforcer
- G Diesel (captain)
- Aggression
- Bro #1
- Bro #2

Universal Team
- VinnyG
- Nick Lepore
- J. Halladay
- Antoine Vaillant
- Bro #1

Nice except NG and J-Dawg can't be on the same team

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:01 am

Why not? They are frenemies???

shortstack
02-01-13, 11:02 am
Personally I think that the forum brothers wouldn't mind their own event to showcase what we do back home. It's cool to see guys like Big C and House battle out curls or Jugs and Wides knock out some bench for reps but an exclusive bro vs bro squat/deads whatever for reps would also be cool.

I lke the set up you listed but if only 5-6 guys get to go at it you have to have some kind of criteria, certian number of reps, to even qualify. I might not make that cut but it's a great motivator to get into that spot.

I'll be happy either way. haha

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 11:02 am
we are all waiting for the much anticipated competition between the two

Shukin
02-01-13, 11:28 am
No P Diesel, Grant Higa, Big Al?

Shukin
02-01-13, 11:29 am
Personally I think that the forum brothers wouldn't mind their own event to showcase what we do back home. It's cool to see guys like Big C and House battle out curls or Jugs and Wides knock out some bench for reps but an exclusive bro vs bro squat/deads whatever for reps would also be cool.

I lke the set up you listed but if only 5-6 guys get to go at it you have to have some kind of criteria, certian number of reps, to even qualify. I might not make that cut but it's a great motivator to get into that spot.

^ defines forum event. The other is like big brother program.

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:30 am
No P Diesel, Grant Higa, Big Al?

Will update...

Unfortunately, there aint time for everything. Only one FORVM event... So it you fellas want an event just for yourselves, that might work, but then thats all it would be... No Ox, no Wrath, etc.

Shukin
02-01-13, 11:33 am
Will update...

Awesome, those guys define Animal.

Unfortunately, there aint time for everything. Only one FORVM event... So it you fellas want an event just for yourselves, that might work, but then thats all it would be... No Ox, no Wrath, etc.

What about something with them at the ABC?

Razor
02-01-13, 11:33 am
What i want to know is...who the hell voted for "whats the Cage?"???

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:37 am
Awesome, those guys define Animal.

What about something with them at the ABC?

Every year, I suggest mixin up the National ABC and adding "events" and every year, fellas from Corporate and people here say, "No, lets leave it as is..." Wut are ya gonna do?

Razor
02-01-13, 11:38 am
Every year, I suggest mixin up the National ABC and adding "events" and every year, fellas from Corporate and people here say, "No, lets leave it as is..." Wut are ya gonna do?

Steal more stuff off JDawgs desk? bwahaha

Shukin
02-01-13, 11:40 am

You can't please everyone.

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:44 am
You can't please everyone.

Nope. Too many cooks, blah blah blah...

If it were up to me, I'd continue with the Train with an Animal promo but also have more educational opportunities where ya can learn from the powerlifters. So if ya wanna learn the finer points of DL, Dan Green runs a mini-seminar at the ABC event with members signin up. Ya could also have an exhibition, with teams for fun, like G goin head to head with someone, etc. But if ya just want to lift with ur pal, ya can do that too. Etc.

Phil800101
02-01-13, 11:44 am

Yup.

Yeah, I like the setup but maybe with only 1 pro and 3-4 bros per team. Something like this:

Pro
Crew
Crew
Bro
Bro
Bro

I think the inclusion of pros is a good thing, as it draws the crowd in more than straight-up bros vs bros would. And we all know the Animal/Universal crew has some beasts who can really sling the iron. Having pros/crew/bros is really inclusive, and I think in some way serves as an example of what the Forvm is all about...brotherhood, access, and inclusion.

Shukin
02-01-13, 11:45 am

If it were up to me, I'd continue with the Train with an Animal promo but also have more educational opportunities where ya can learn from the powerlifters. So if ya wanna learn the finer points of DL, Dan Green runs a mini-seminar at the ABC event with members signin up. Ya could also have an exhibition, with teams for fun, like G goin head to head with someone, etc. But if ya just want to lift with ur pal, ya can do that too. Etc.

You got my support on this one, 110%.

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 11:46 am

The learning seminars kind of happened last year without anything formal. I know Higa and Seath teamed up to teacha bunch of us last year and it turned into so much more with Higa, Seath, Randal, hawthorne, Skiba and many more teaching a large group of us on Squats and Deads.

shortstack
02-01-13, 11:52 am

Completely undersatand and if it comes to the big guys lifting heavy stuff and the pros giving seminars, I'll take that over me having an opportunity to lift in the cage any day. With this years line up, it seems like non stop hits all 3 days so either way, I'm set.

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:54 am
Yup.

Yeah, I like the setup but maybe with only 1 pro and 3-4 bros per team. Something like this:

Pro
Crew
Crew
Bro
Bro
Bro

I think the inclusion of pros is a good thing, as it draws the crowd in more than straight-up bros vs bros would. And we all know the Animal/Universal crew has some beasts who can really sling the iron. Having pros/crew/bros is really inclusive, and I think in some way serves as an example of what the Forvm is all about...brotherhood, access, and inclusion.

Agreed. If ya include Pros, ya get a crowd. And when ya get a crowd, it gives lifters more adrenaline. Plus, with the videotapin, it looks cooler, haha... this setup means regular Bros from the Legion get to participate and rub shoulders with Corporate and with the Pros. Win-win, eh?

You got my support on this one, 110%.

Thanks? Haha.

The learning seminars kind of happened last year without anything formal. I know Higa and Seath teamed up to teacha bunch of us last year and it turned into so much more with Higa, Seath, Randal, hawthorne, Skiba and many more teaching a large group of us on Squats and Deads.

I heard about that. Ed Coan was in that mix, right? Now imagine bein able to find out about it ahead of time and signin up for that...

Shukin
02-01-13, 12:03 pm
Thanks? Haha.

Now you only get 50%........hahaa

GUNS
02-01-13, 12:07 pm

I just want to train with BigAl and P, I miss those little guys! Want to see my OLDER brother Shukin, and meet everyone I have not met, + meet up with those I have!

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 12:19 pm
Edited...

Animal Team Yellow
- Wrath (Animal)
- The House
- naturalguy (captain)
- Enforcer
- Bro #1
- Bro #2
- Bro #3

Animal Team Red
- Ox (Animal)
- Big Al
- G Diesel (captain)
- Aggression
- J-Dawg
- Bro #1
- Bro #2

Universal Team
- VinnyG
- Nick Lepore
- J. Halladay
- Antoine Vaillant
- Bro #1
- Bro #2

7 per team to get more involvement, but mebbe not everyone on every team competes on every event. So for example, if there are three events, deads, squats and bench, the captain chooses 1-3 from his team for that event?

Firefist
02-01-13, 12:26 pm
No P Diesel, Grant Higa,?

i think i know where this is going.....

Shukin
02-01-13, 12:30 pm
Can I be on team Red? pretty please.....lol

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 12:31 pm
i think i know where this is going.....

An inevitability...

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 12:31 pm
Can I be on team Red? pretty please.....lol

Talk to the captains, assumin they are the captains, haha.

Shukin
02-01-13, 12:37 pm
Animal Team Red
- Ox (Animal)
- Big Al
- G Diesel (captain)
- Aggression
- J-Dawg
- Bro #1 Guns
- Bro #2 Shukin

I like the way you think........hahaa

Shukin
02-01-13, 12:39 pm
Quick question though, with all these Universal guys going to the Animal Cage, does that mean Animal guys will be going to the Universal Olympia hotdog stand?

smoothballer
02-01-13, 12:51 pm
I went back though the thread and here are the Bro's that were interested in partaking. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

Bro's
- BamBam92
- Phil800101
- freighttraindane
- Trebin
- Firefist
- shortstack
- Sief09
- BringTheCarnage
- RedlegDbell
- GUNJAK

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 12:53 pm
Edited...

Animal Team Yellow
- Wrath (Animal)
- The House
- naturalguy (captain)
- Enforcer
- Bro #1
- Bro #2
- Bro #3

Animal Team Red
- Ox (Animal)
- Big Al
- G Diesel (captain)
- Aggression
- J-Dawg
- Bro #1
- Bro #2

Universal Team
- VinnyG
- Nick Lepore
- J. Halladay
- Antoine Vaillant
- Bro #1
- Bro #2

7 per team to get more involvement, but mebbe not everyone on every team competes on every event. So for example, if there are three events, deads, squats and bench, the captain chooses 1-3 from his team for that event?

I went back though the thread and here are the Bro's that were interested in partaking. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

Bro's
- BamBam92
- Phil800101
- freighttraindane
- Trebin
- Firefist
- shortstack
- Sief09
- BringTheCarnage
- RedlegDbell
- GUNJAK
- GUNS

So in this setup, there wouldn't be enough room for everyone... U could just select from this list. Or, make each team bigger....

Shukin
02-01-13, 12:56 pm
So in this setup, there wouldn't be enough room for everyone... U could just select from this list. Or, make each team bigger....

Or include more bros and less corporate, is it bros vs pros? pro, corp, bro vs pro, corp, bro?

GUNS
02-01-13, 12:58 pm

Bro's
- BamBam92
- Phil800101
- freighttraindane
- Trebin
- Firefist
- shortstack
- Sief09
- BringTheCarnage
- RedlegDbell
- GUNJAK
Don't forget me.

smoothballer
02-01-13, 12:59 pm

Personally I like the setup. It would really come down to how to select which Bro's

smoothballer
02-01-13, 1:00 pm
Bro's
- BamBam92
- Phil800101
- freighttraindane
- Trebin
- Firefist
- shortstack
- Sief09
- BringTheCarnage
- RedlegDbell
- GUNJAK
- Guns

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 1:02 pm

I am good with whatever Corp decides to do. If I am choosen to lift that would be sick, if I'm not, try again next year. Its not as if everyone who wants to lift in the Cage is going to be able to lift. With all the seminars and lifts and everything that goes on with the Cage, there is only so much time during the weekend and as Urep said before, the Pro's are what brings the fan over and builds the excitement of the Cage.

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 1:09 pm
Or include more bros and less corporate, is it bros vs pros? pro, corp, bro vs pro, corp, bro?

At this point, the captains could decide... Assuming we have captains who are up for the task, haha.

smoothballer
02-01-13, 1:09 pm
I am good with whatever Corp decides to do. If I am choosen to lift that would be sick, if I'm not, try again next year. Its not as if everyone who wants to lift in the Cage is going to be able to lift. With all the seminars and lifts and everything that goes on with the Cage, there is only so much time during the weekend and as Urep said before, the Pro's are what brings the fan over and builds the excitement of the Cage.

Mr Nice Guy. You know you want to be squatting 315 for reps in the Cage.

GUNS
02-01-13, 1:18 pm
Agree. Only so much time. But i think it will still attract. Having a pro compete next to a bro is something g really cool. People will watch wo during how they can become a part of that. And that will bring them in to the forvm.

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 1:23 pm

This year, as should be pretty clear, Corporate went out to get a slam dunk list of PLers do do their thing and youll see a lot of new faces. By far, this year's lineup is the biggest ever... Like the event thats gonna be announced today for example.

But, knowin that the brand is nuthin without the fans, Animal's life blood, Corporate knows to keep a dedicated event for the Legion. Win-win.

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 1:40 pm
Mr Nice Guy. You know you want to be squatting 315 for reps in the Cage.

No doubt I wanna rep some squats in the Cage!!

BamBam
02-01-13, 3:36 pm
I like the set up... down for whatever!! Gettin' close!!

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 4:17 pm
Animal Team Red
- G Diesel (captain)
- Wrath
- BigAl
- Rage
- Bro #1
- Bro #2
- Bro #3

Animal Team Yellow
- Aggression (captain)
- Ox
- The House
- Enforcer
- Bro #4
- Bro #5
- Bro #6

Universal Team
- Nick Lepore
- J. Halladay
- Antoine Vaillant
- Bro #7
- Bro #8
- Bro #9

Bro List
1. BamBam92
2. Phil800101
3. freighttraindane
4. Trebin
5. Firefist
6. shortstack
7. Sief09
8. BringTheCarnage
9. RedlegDbell
10. GUNJAK
11. GUNS
12. _______________

Anyone else interested in joinin the party???

C.Coronato
02-01-13, 4:33 pm
How are we going to go about picking the good bros??

G Diesel
02-01-13, 4:38 pm
It is ON, gents.

Looking forward to shutting The Cage down right, going out with a BANG.

Peace, G

GUNS
02-01-13, 4:52 pm
Oh hell yes!

Sief09
02-01-13, 5:45 pm
How are we going to go about picking the good bros??
Yeah I know that pretty much the only event I would be able to get more than 3 or 4 reps would be the deads for 315. My bench isn't up to being able to rep my body weight and my max squat is only 335 or so. So if the dead lift spots are all filled up I can wait until next year to leave room for someone else. But if I am in for the dead lift I plan on getting a lot of reps haha

Shukin
02-01-13, 6:10 pm
Animal Team Red
- G Diesel (captain)
- Wrath
- BigAl
- Rage
- Bro #1
- Bro #2
- Bro #3

Animal Team Yellow
- Aggression (captain)
- Ox
- The House
- Enforcer
- Bro #4
- Bro #5
- Bro #6

Universal Team
- Nick Lepore
- J. Halladay
- Antoine Vaillant
- Bro #7
- Bro #8
- Bro #9

Bro List
1. BamBam92
2. Phil800101
3. freighttraindane
4. Trebin
5. Firefist
6. shortstack
7. Sief09
8. BringTheCarnage
9. RedlegDbell
10. GUNJAK
11. GUNS
12. _______________

I'll dead lift

Rage
02-01-13, 6:35 pm
Animal Team Red. Check. I'm in.

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 7:50 pm
Animal Team Red. Check. I'm in.

Oh shit, rage getting in the mix now too

mritter3
02-02-13, 1:23 pm
this is shaping up to be quite a great competition!!

BamBam
02-04-13, 9:57 am
Getting closer fellas.... anxious to see who get's picked.

BTW... been on the Juggernaut Method from Chad Smith (who will be @ The Cage..) so would be nice to test my strength against my fellow LEGION family

Segansational
02-04-13, 10:52 am
Wow, this is awesome! I certainly can't hang with the big dogs, but this is an awesome opportunity for some loyal fans to lift in the cage!

Da Eclipse
02-04-13, 4:40 pm
Who's Doin What ? and Against Who? LOL

HIGA MONSTER
02-04-13, 5:16 pm
I am down for Squats for reps...if anyone will have me.

405 lbs

HIGA MONSTER

freighttraindane
02-04-13, 5:31 pm

405 lbs

HIGA MONSTER

Damn you Higa, I was gonna do 315 for reps and u had to go and up the weights!

HIGA MONSTER
02-05-13, 9:43 am
Damn you Higa, I was gonna do 315 for reps and u had to go and up the weights!
No man...just want to say that I will lift with you guys.

Shit, I will even lift with the Bros! You guys are what makes this FORVM and what pushes me to do better.

"Wonder twin powers...activate!"

HIGA MONSTER

Shukin
02-05-13, 9:45 am

405 lbs

HIGA MONSTER

You go ass to the ground and I'll stay above parallel........lol

freighttraindane
02-05-13, 9:48 am
No man...just want to say that I will lift with you guys.

Shit, I will even lift with the Bros! You guys are what makes this FORVM and what pushes me to do better.

"Wonder twin powers...activate!"

HIGA MONSTER

Haha Higa you crack me up.

I hear ya on the Forvm pushing you. I am the same way, thats why I threw my name in the ring too. All the motivation from the guys and gals on here pushing me to test my limits.

HIGA MONSTER
02-05-13, 9:54 am
You go ass to the ground and I'll stay above parallel........lol
Weak sauce...

If you do that, you must commit "Hello Kitty"...

shortstack
02-05-13, 10:17 am
Awesome Higa. If I get chosen to do the deads, you gotta be there to keep me going. What's more motivating than a Freakin HIGA monster in your face. haha See ya soon Brother.

freighttraindane
02-05-13, 10:35 am
Awesome Higa. If I get chosen to do the deads, you gotta be there to keep me going. What's more motivating than a Freakin HIGA monster in your face. haha See ya soon Brother.

I am guessing that there will not be a lack of motivation in the Cage should we get picked to participate in these events. I can only imagine how jacked up we will be if chosen.

shortstack
02-05-13, 10:44 am
No doubt brother, I'll probably throw up. haha just kidding

freighttraindane
02-05-13, 11:05 am
Animal Team Red
- G Diesel (captain)
- Wrath
- BigAl
- Rage
- Bro #1
- Bro #2
- Bro #3

Animal Team Yellow
- Aggression (captain)
- Ox
- The House
- Enforcer
- Bro #4
- Bro #5
- Bro #6

Universal Team
- Nick Lepore
- J. Halladay
- Antoine Vaillant
- Bro #7
- Bro #8
- Bro #9

Bro List
1. BamBam92
2. Phil800101
3. freighttraindane
4. Trebin
5. Firefist
6. shortstack
7. Sief09
8. BringTheCarnage
9. RedlegDbell
10. GUNJAK
11. GUNS
12. Shukin
13. _______________

Pro
1. Higa Monster

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 12:53 pm

405 lbs

HIGA MONSTER

Thnx HM, but this is for all the fellas who haven't lifted in the CAGE so as to get as many people involved as possible... Now if theres an extra spot that needs to be filled with no one to fill it, thats a diff story. Priority goes to others first.

Shukin
02-05-13, 12:55 pm
Thnx HM, but this is for all the fellas who haven't lifted in the CAGE so as to get as many people involved as possible... Now if theres an extra spot that needs to be filled with no one to fill it, thats a diff story. Priority goes to others first.

Ouch!

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 12:56 pm
Ouch!

Just a fact, S... This event should be open for anyone who hasn't already lifted in the CAGE that weekend. Slots are limited so everyone should get a fair shake, no?

freighttraindane
02-05-13, 1:39 pm
Any idea when the captains will be picking the teams (if they are in fact the captains, and the proposed set-up is what they decide to use)?

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 2:24 pm
Any idea when the captains will be picking the teams (if they are in fact the captains, and the proposed set-up is what they decide to use)?

Lotta questions... Not enough hard answers.

HIGA MONSTER
02-06-13, 1:54 am

Ouch!

Just a fact, S... This event should be open for anyone who hasn't already lifted in the CAGE that weekend. Slots are limited so everyone should get a fair shake, no?
Roger that.

HIGA MONSTER

Firefist
02-06-13, 10:12 am
Roger that.

HIGA MONSTER

And plus, what kinda cage would it be if it didnt involve higa pulling 500 lbs for monster reps? haha

GUNS
02-06-13, 10:25 am
And plus, what kinda cage would it be if it didnt involve higa pulling 500 lbs for monster reps? haha

525!

Kowboy
02-06-13, 10:52 am
Def in to see Higa to some lifting, it may not be on this comp but I have a feeling he will def be involved w/ some lifting.

Universal Rep
02-06-13, 11:28 am
Def in to see Higa to some lifting, it may not be on this comp but I have a feeling he will def be involved w/ some lifting.

Here he is... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40261-HIGA-MONSTER-vs-P-DIESEL-quot-The-Rematch-525-Deadlift-For-Reps-quot

BamBam
02-06-13, 9:16 pm
Tick... Tock

freighttraindane
02-07-13, 11:17 am
Hmmm wonder when the teams will be annouced?? I guess we will all have to continue to wait impatiently

Aggression
02-07-13, 5:03 pm
We will be doing draft picks starting on Monday, 2/11.

Aggression's team; mandatory mustaches or you can't be on my team.

Razor
02-07-13, 5:11 pm

hahahaa. Rogaine fellas.

C.Coronato
02-07-13, 5:13 pm
Battle of the Bruts. I cant wait fellas. I know my first pick already!

Universal Rep
02-07-13, 5:14 pm

And so it begins...

freighttraindane
02-07-13, 5:47 pm
I like it!

GUNS
02-07-13, 6:44 pm

Damn, this whole waiting thing sucks!

Sief09
02-07-13, 8:20 pm
Awesome!!!! Can't wait guys!

Kowboy
02-07-13, 8:51 pm
I am down for a mustache but you gotta keep the ladies off me.

GUNS
02-07-13, 9:26 pm
I am down for a mustache but you gotta keep the ladies off me.

You cant even grow one by then!

BamBam
02-08-13, 9:32 am
Well, no stache... but this is awesome!

"It has begun...!!"

G Diesel
02-08-13, 9:38 am
And the prized number one pick belongs to...

Me.

Who will be the Shaq, the Ewing, the LeBron of my bomb squad?

Be here to find out Monday. And throw your name in the mix before then if you're game, or you forfeit your right to talk shit.

Peace, G

Shukin
02-08-13, 9:40 am
And throw your name in the mix before then if you're game, or you forfeit your right to talk shit.

Peace, G

That means you Altered Beast.......lol

GUNS
02-08-13, 9:47 am
And the prized number one pick belongs to...

Me.

Who will be the Shaq, the Ewing, the LeBron of my bomb squad?

Be here to find out Monday. And throw your name in the mix before then if you're game, or you forfeit your right to talk shit.

Peace, G

Was this decided in a good old fashion game of rock, paper, scissors?

Any word on the events yet?

freighttraindane
02-08-13, 10:00 am
oh shit G has the first pick, who has #2?

Aggression
02-08-13, 10:04 am
oh shit G has the first pick, who has #2?

I does.

freighttraindane
02-08-13, 10:07 am
Animal Team Red
- G Diesel (captain) - 1st Pick
- Wrath
- BigAl
- Rage
- Bro #1
- Bro #2
- Bro #3

Animal Team Yellow
- Aggression (captain) - 2nd Pick
- Ox
- The House
- Enforcer
- Bro #4
- Bro #5
- Bro #6

Universal Team
- Christian Coronato (captain) - 3rd Pick
- Nick Lepore
- J. Halladay
- Antoine Vaillant
- Bro #7
- Bro #8
- Bro #9

Bro List
1. BamBam92
2. Phil800101
3. freighttraindane
4. Trebin
5. Firefist
6. shortstack
7. Sief09
8. BringTheCarnage
9. RedlegDbell
10. GUNJAK
11. GUNS
12. Shukin
13. _______________

Is this going to be the official set-up of the teams?

What are the events? (Bench, Squat, Deads?)

Shukin
02-08-13, 10:14 am
animal team red
- g diesel (captain) - 1st pick
- wrath
- bigal
- rage
- bro #1
- bro #2
- bro #3

animal team yellow
- aggression (captain) - 2nd pick
- ox
- the house
- enforcer
- bro #4
- bro #5
- bro #6

universal team
- christian coronato (captain) - 3rd pick
- nick lepore
- j. Halladay
- antoine vaillant
- bro #7
- bro #8
- bro #9

bro list
1. Bambam92
2. Phil800101
3. Freighttraindane
4. Trebin
5. Firefist
6. Shortstack
7. Sief09
8. Bringthecarnage
9. Redlegdbell
10. Gunjak
11. Guns
12. Shukin
13. _______________

anyone else interested in joinin the party???

What are the events? (bench, squat, deads?)
no altered beast? Wtf?

Altered Beast
02-08-13, 10:39 am
I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Altered Beast
02-08-13, 10:42 am
That means you Altered Beast.......lol

I'm here.

freighttraindane
02-08-13, 10:51 am
Animal Team Red
- G Diesel (captain) - 1st Pick
- Wrath
- BigAl
- Rage
- Bro #1
- Bro #2
- Bro #3

Animal Team Yellow
- Aggression (captain) - 2nd Pick
- Ox
- The House
- Enforcer
- Bro #4
- Bro #5
- Bro #6

Universal Team
- Christian Coronato (captain) - 3rd Pick
- Nick Lepore
- J. Halladay
- Antoine Vaillant
- Bro #7
- Bro #8
- Bro #9

Bro List
1. BamBam92
2. Phil800101
3. freighttraindane
4. Trebin
5. Firefist
6. shortstack
7. Sief09
8. BringTheCarnage
9. RedlegDbell
10. GUNJAK
11. GUNS
12. Shukin
13. Altered Beast
14. _______________

What are the events? (Bench, Squat, Deads?)