PDA

View Full Version : get as big ass possible

Dylan1993
01-19-13, 1:44 am
I have been lifting for around 7 months, ive tryed tons of workouts and i cant find that right one. I wanna find the workout that puts mass on everywhere not just a few muscle groups. Any ideas anyone what a majority of people out there think a great workout for mass building would be?

deanna7272
01-19-13, 10:59 am
I have been lifting for around 7 months, ive tryed tons of workouts and i cant find that right one. I wanna find the workout that puts mass on everywhere not just a few muscle groups. Any ideas anyone what a majority of people out there think a great workout for mass building would be?

My suggestion... Check out the Training Tab here and find a training program that suites you... Move over to the diet section and find something that suits your needs... You have to EAT fuel, recovery, and growth!!

With that being said... You are new to all of this, 28 weeks of training is not going to make you massive, you have a lot of years ahead of you... It would be a slap in the face to those that have been doing it for DECADES to think that you will be "as big as possible" in 7 months... You need to take a realistic approach to this because if you don't, you will become completely frustrated in your efforts... 7 months using "TONS" of programs" is JUST the beginning brother... Commit to a program, eat for your needs, train hard/smart, proper rest, and supplementation (if you are over the age of 18, please) and you will see changes... THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS...

Glad to see that you have found your way here, there are MANY members here that will help you along the way... Please don't take this the wrong way, I am only answering a general question with common sense... we have all been around the game long enough to know what it takes... If we could achieve our goals in a short time, why would we still be here???

Again, welcome and best of luck in your goals, work hard, train smart, gain the knowledge and results will come...

KettleBellFreak
01-19-13, 7:06 pm
Man, I've been doing this close to a year and a half and the guys on here know their shit and speak wise man. Don't ask something so general though, ask specifics, one of these pros will tell you just what you need to know I promise.

cbgski06
01-19-13, 7:53 pm
Man, I've been doing this close to a year and a half and the guys on here know their shit and speak wise man. Don't ask something so general though, ask specifics, one of these pros will tell you just what you need to know I promise.

This guy knows whats up... but it pry wouldnt take much looking on this site to find that legs are a huge part to putting on mass, as well as a strong diet.
keep at it tho man once lifting becomes a lifestyle you wont be sorry!!

World Eater
01-20-13, 10:41 am
Any proper split will put mass on you if you eat well. What workouts have you tried so far and what was wrong with them?

C.Coronato
01-21-13, 10:17 am
Diet bro. Thats number one.

What does that look like now?

Nfleagle78
01-22-13, 12:43 pm

A good diet and proper rest! You don't get big in the gym, it's what you do after the gym! Lift hard and slow reps!

SailinScotty
01-22-13, 7:51 pm
Like the rest have said diet is huge. Also if you keep jumping from program to program how can you tell if you're making progress. As long as you are adding weight or another rep or two you are heading in the right direction. The mirror and scale are also your friend for getting bigger.

Carrnage
01-23-13, 1:18 am
Solid inputs in here!

Dylan1993
01-23-13, 3:32 am
Ive only really stuck with a couple for longer than a couple weeks. One was the blood and guts workout off of bodybuilding.com, it was agood one i thought when i had a spotter. Another was the 5x5 workout and i think its really good but it got old after a while and as for the other workouts i would try them for a week or so and would search around until i found something different. I work 3 12 hour shifts saturday sunday monday nights, so i can get in and lift before work saturday and monday evenings, the gym isnt open on sundays. I think my diets ok i take universal whey protein once in the morning with 4 or 5 eggs then a few hours later i try to eat a cheeseburger or sandwich of some sort for lunch i normally eat burgers or somethin big, the same goes for supper, and late night i try to get another shake in. Im considered im stuck right around 170 pounds. Thanks everyone for the replys i didnt mean to make it sound like i wanted to get big in 7 months or anything, i know this stough takes years of hard work and dedication, and im knew to this whole posting replys and threads on here so just bear with me thanks

kcburrows
01-24-13, 9:05 am
Hey brother, first and foremost make your goals, and set reminders for yourself to stay focused. With that being said, i dont have near the experience and knowledge of a lot of the brothers on here, but my advice like many have given you go to the 'ask the pros' tabs and read each page, with you just starting out you have a lot of questions which can be answered from other people asking. if you dont see your answer then ask. the guys here are top notch. trust me i was one of the dudes who would ask a million questions and then change my diet every couple weeks if i wasnt gaining and so on, consistency is the key. make sure your sleeping, thats when you grow, stay on top of your workouts and above all eat. To keep it simple i will tell you what someone told me about bulking and gaining size and it changed my life as simple and stupid as this sounds. i had a guy tell me to "EAT!!! if you eat 5 times a day, and are consistent and are not gaining make it 6 times a day, 6 doesnt work make it 7 or 8 or 9, whatever it takes until your body starts growing." Your gonna feel like you are gonna puke, thats ok your body will adjust. when bulking it usually takes 4 or 5 days for my body to adjust. i go from laying in bed pillow under my stomach and eyes closed to i dont puke, to being hungry between meals in a matter of a week, and you will too just stay consistent! Best of luck brother!

Dylan1993
01-25-13, 9:49 am
Hey brother, first and foremost make your goals, and set reminders for yourself to stay focused. With that being said, i dont have near the experience and knowledge of a lot of the brothers on here, but my advice like many have given you go to the 'ask the pros' tabs and read each page, with you just starting out you have a lot of questions which can be answered from other people asking. if you dont see your answer then ask. the guys here are top notch. trust me i was one of the dudes who would ask a million questions and then change my diet every couple weeks if i wasnt gaining and so on, consistency is the key. make sure your sleeping, thats when you grow, stay on top of your workouts and above all eat. To keep it simple i will tell you what someone told me about bulking and gaining size and it changed my life as simple and stupid as this sounds. i had a guy tell me to "EAT!!! if you eat 5 times a day, and are consistent and are not gaining make it 6 times a day, 6 doesnt work make it 7 or 8 or 9, whatever it takes until your body starts growing." Your gonna feel like you are gonna puke, thats ok your body will adjust. when bulking it usually takes 4 or 5 days for my body to adjust. i go from laying in bed pillow under my stomach and eyes closed to i dont puke, to being hungry between meals in a matter of a week, and you will too just stay consistent! Best of luck brother!

Thanks everyone for all the help its been a big help

World Eater
01-26-13, 3:52 pm
Ive only really stuck with a couple for longer than a couple weeks. One was the blood and guts workout off of bodybuilding.com, it was agood one i thought when i had a spotter. Another was the 5x5 workout and i think its really good but it got old after a while and as for the other workouts i would try them for a week or so and would search around until i found something different. I work 3 12 hour shifts saturday sunday monday nights, so i can get in and lift before work saturday and monday evenings, the gym isnt open on sundays. I think my diets ok i take universal whey protein once in the morning with 4 or 5 eggs then a few hours later i try to eat a cheeseburger or sandwich of some sort for lunch i normally eat burgers or somethin big, the same goes for supper, and late night i try to get another shake in. Im considered im stuck right around 170 pounds. Thanks everyone for the replys i didnt mean to make it sound like i wanted to get big in 7 months or anything, i know this stough takes years of hard work and dedication, and im knew to this whole posting replys and threads on here so just bear with me thanks
Try and stick with one for longer than that. Hopping routines like that won't help you much. Could you post your diet divided into meals, ie. make a list
meal 1 4 eggs
meal 2 cheeseburger/sandwich
etc

Dylan1993
02-06-13, 8:57 pm

DEADn
02-11-13, 11:09 am
It has been my experience that if you wanna put on mass you gotta do higher reps but it comes with a price, in my opinion. That price is that it isn't real muscle but only an inflated balloon. If you stick with strength training in there then it is a real muscle but it all depends on why you want to lift. If it is just for the look then higher reps. If for more all around being then lower reps and higher reps.