PDA

View Full Version : BRANDON LILLY "Raising The Dead: Pulling Over 800"

naturalguy
01-21-13, 4:45 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Arnold2013/ArnoldLilly.jpg

Training out of Kentucky’s Berea Barbell, Brandon Lilly is an elite powerlifter and the developer of The Cube method of strength training. Lilly is ranked sixteenth all-time in terms of total regardless of bodyweight and is one of only nineteen men ever to total over 2200 raw. In his debut lifting event in The Cage, Lilly has set his sights on pulling a raw deadlift of more than 800 lbs… Yet another freakish display of brute strength on deck at The Cage in 2013.

Friday, 3/1/13 at 4pm
The CAGE, Booth #419

Bruiser
01-21-13, 4:48 pm
Holy crap! Wasn't expecting this one.

P Diesel
01-21-13, 4:53 pm
gotta respect pullin power

P

Nix0r
01-21-13, 4:53 pm
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Altered Beast
01-21-13, 4:55 pm
NICE!

freighttraindane
01-21-13, 4:59 pm
Hell fuckin yes!!

D-NUTZ
01-21-13, 5:46 pm
WHAT!?!??!?!?

smoothballer
01-21-13, 7:16 pm
Oh Hell Mother Fucking Yes!!!!

mritter3
01-21-13, 9:36 pm
Holy shit!! Booyah, this year will be epic!

GUNS
01-21-13, 9:40 pm
Yes! This is awesome!

Kowboy
01-22-13, 8:11 am
This is incredible, cannot wait to see this!

Universal Rep
01-22-13, 9:17 am
Nice change of pace...

BubbyLight
02-12-13, 10:05 pm
wow..ill be there for this. cube

Firefist
02-12-13, 11:01 pm
I know we say this every year and are proven wrong every year, but honestly.... I dont know how this years cage can be topped next year.

Brandon Lilly
02-14-13, 12:28 pm
What's up everybody? I cannot wait to be a part of such a special event! I hope to see some huge weights lifted inside the cage. I'm feeling great, ready to go big!!

Brandon Lilly
02-14-13, 12:28 pm
Also if you guys have any questions feel free to ask!

freighttraindane
02-14-13, 12:29 pm
What's up everybody? I cannot wait to be a part of such a special event! I hope to see some huge weights lifted inside the cage. I'm feeling great, ready to go big!!

Oh shit Lilly in the house, Looking forward to seeing this event! (btw I am one of your cube Testors, Dane Wilson)

Brandon Lilly
02-14-13, 12:34 pm
Dane ill be there at 4 on Friday. If you can make it stop by!!

freighttraindane
02-14-13, 12:35 pm
Dane ill be there at 4 on Friday. If you can make it stop by!!

I will be there, I am gonna be around from Thursday evening - Sunday

Brandon Lilly
02-14-13, 12:38 pm
Heck yeah man. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the whole weekend.

naturalguy
02-14-13, 12:46 pm
Heck yeah man. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the whole weekend.

Myself, J-Dawg & Aggression are all currently on our 2nd week of The Cube Method. Look forward to meeting you.

Altered Beast
02-14-13, 1:12 pm

A lot of lifters on this FORVM use Cube, Brandon!

Thanks again for your efforts to bring Powerlifting back to what it once was!

Brandon Lilly
02-14-13, 1:18 pm
Thank you guys. Really honored you guys gave it a shot!!

Universal Rep
02-14-13, 2:00 pm

Welcome to the FORVM, BL... Ur gonna do it and ur gonna do it big with the entire crowd at ur back...

Brandon Lilly
02-14-13, 3:07 pm

Welcome to the FORVM, BL... Ur gonna do it and ur gonna do it big with the entire crowd at ur back...

I love the feeling of people pulling for you at a meet, but I'm sure it will be nothing like at the Cage.

Bruiser
02-14-13, 3:12 pm
Welcome to the Animal Brotherhood Brandon. It's a good place for ya!

freighttraindane
02-14-13, 3:13 pm
I love the feeling of people pulling for you at a meet, but I'm sure it will be nothing like at the Cage.

No doubt the atmosphere is ELECTRIC! Never had the pleasure of lifting in the Cage, but witnessed many and just watching you feel like you can hit a PR

J-Dawg
02-14-13, 3:38 pm
Great to have you on board Brandon!

2nd week on The Cube Method and loving it.

Universal Rep
02-14-13, 4:39 pm

I have heard from a powerlifter that liftin at a meet is nuthin like liftin in the CAGE... The CAGE is on a whole other planet. Youll see soon enough...

Kowboy
02-14-13, 6:37 pm
I am stoked to see this, I love the cage and stuff like this is exactly why man.

Brandon Lilly
02-17-13, 8:50 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elFFZ5nDaCs

745 Beltless Pull

Kowboy
02-17-13, 8:52 pm

745 Beltless Pull

Insane man, really nice job. All of your writings have really inspired me to step it up.

Brandon Lilly
02-17-13, 8:54 pm

Brandon Lilly
02-17-13, 8:55 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamg71MgnlY

Powerswitch
02-17-13, 9:37 pm
Awesome stuff Brandon!!!I look forward to meeting you and hanging in Columbus...Welcome to the Animal pack...Some awesome motherfuckers around here...Nothing like the cage, it's on a plain all it's own...See you in Columbus brotha...Powerswitch...

The Ant
02-17-13, 11:11 pm

cant wait to see you do your thing!

Altered Beast
02-19-13, 2:41 pm
Brandon, I hit a 50 Pound PR on my Deadlift yesterday! Testing my bench today. I've got the video up in my log.

Cube is legit.

*I started Cube off-cycle as well! More proof to its success!

J-Dawg
02-19-13, 4:44 pm
Great vids Brandon--sick lifts!

Brandon Lilly
02-21-13, 2:42 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ycfekJnSuo

freighttraindane
02-21-13, 2:43 pm
That looked easy Brandon!

Freakshowelite
02-21-13, 2:47 pm

cant hide a bench shirt when your shirtless, great work brandon!

Universal Rep
02-21-13, 3:40 pm

Impressive, no doubt BL...

J-Dawg
02-21-13, 3:54 pm
cant hide a bench shirt when your shirtless, great work brandon!

LOL. That's true! Good work on that press--easy!

Animal
03-04-13, 12:55 pm
Entertaining event to say the least. Much respect Brandon. Hope lifting in The Cage was what you expected and more.

Altered Beast
03-04-13, 3:03 pm
Pulling 800 beltless and just BARELY missing at the top is still MUTANT status in my book. You were so covered up by fans I never got a chance to talk to you!

Thanks for the Cube Method and inspiring Powerlifters to get back to the basics of what actually builds strength!

G Diesel
04-23-13, 12:08 pm

Fuck. Weights looked laughable.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
04-23-13, 12:23 pm
Fuck. Weights looked laughable.

Peace, G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYYeuzUhar8

Im lookin for more Lilly in the second trailer...

Freakshowelite
04-23-13, 2:31 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYYeuzUhar8

Im lookin for more Lilly in the second trailer...

any word on when this dvd will be done?

Universal Rep
04-23-13, 3:37 pm
any word on when this dvd will be done?

Last I heard it should be finishing up shortly... Then there's the question about how it's gonna make it out to folks.

Altered Beast
04-23-13, 3:41 pm
Last I heard it should be finishing up shortly... Then there's the question about how it's gonna make it out to folks.

I'm truly impressed at how big time Universal/Animal is becoming. Soon to be the top dog!

Universal Rep
04-23-13, 3:44 pm
I'm truly impressed at how big time Universal/Animal is becoming. Soon to be the top dog!

This might sound like a smart alecky answer, but big or small wut difference does it make? Would ya rather have sumthin mean very little to a lot of folks or sumthin mean a whole lot to a few folks? As long as people believe in wut Animal does and as long as Animal can give back to those same people, everything else is pure gravy...

Altered Beast
04-24-13, 8:56 am
This might sound like a smart alecky answer, but big or small wut difference does it make? Would ya rather have sumthin mean very little to a lot of folks or sumthin mean a whole lot to a few folks? As long as people believe in wut Animal does and as long as Animal can give back to those same people, everything else is pure gravy...

Far from smart alekcy. Funny how people can convolute text so easily! Take it easy J, you know how much I love Animal.

Animal is taking over and will be #1 soon enough, I'm just happy to see the company I've been supporting for ages is running shit!

Universal Rep
04-24-13, 9:39 am
Far from smart alekcy. Funny how people can convolute text so easily! Take it easy J, you know how much I love Animal.

Animal is taking over and will be #1 soon enough, I'm just happy to see the company I've been supporting for ages is running shit!

I wuz talkin about my answer possibly comin off as smart alecky and not wut ya wrote brotha. I didnt wanna offend folks with my answer or sound too glib... I dont think being the "top dog" is the most important thing over at Corporate, as crazy as that may sound. Do they want to be the best at wut they do? Do they constantly strive to improve? Yup. And if that gets em to the top, great. But doing the best job they can, day in and day out... I think thats more important.

Altered Beast
04-24-13, 9:43 am
I wuz talkin about my answer possibly comin off as smart alecky not wut ya wrote brotha. I didnt wanna offend folks with my answer or sound too glib.

My fault! LOL!

I'm not easily offended, I just like bantering back and forth with people =)

Universal Rep
04-24-13, 9:49 am
My fault! LOL!

I'm not easily offended, I just like bantering back and forth with people =)

No worries. Now Ive read people mention that here and there recently... That Animal is really makin a move and gettin bigger. Sure course thats the case. Nobody wants to get smaller, haha. But just to get bigger for the sake of bigger... Dont know how much honor there is in that. Growth has to be tied to specific goals and specific reasons that benefit everyone from the company and the fans who support that company.

Altered Beast
04-24-13, 10:52 am
No worries. Now Ive read people mention that here and there recently... That Animal is really makin a move and gettin bigger. Sure course thats the case. Nobody wants to get smaller, haha. But just to get bigger for the sake of bigger... Dont know how much honor there is in that. Growth has to be tied to specific goals and specific reasons that benefit everyone from the company and the fans who support that company.

Very much agreed! Animal is such a badass brand that has never sold out, and to us fans and bros, the signing of all of the current athletes is like icing on the cake! Just further exemplifies the badassness of Animal solidifying it's place on top. Substance over hype.

Universal Rep
04-24-13, 5:31 pm
Very much agreed! Animal is such a badass brand that has never sold out, and to us fans and bros, the signing of all of the current athletes is like icing on the cake! Just further exemplifies the badassness of Animal solidifying it's place on top. Substance over hype.

Nuthin to sell out to... Well, except the fans who made Animal wut it is, amirite? Steak, not sizzle...

Altered Beast
04-25-13, 9:09 am
Nuthin to sell out to... Well, except the fans who made Animal wut it is, amirite? Steak, not sizzle...

Last word, G.

=)