PDA

View Full Version : STAN EFFERDING "The Rhino Squats 850 Raw w/Eric Lilliebridge"

naturalguy
01-23-13, 12:31 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Arnold2013/ArnoldRhino.jpg

Stan “Rhino” Efferding is one of the most accomplished strength athletes in the world, reaching the highest level of prominence in both bodybuilding and powerlifting. The IFBB Pro from the Pacific Northwest boasts the title of World’s Strongest Bodybuilder as he holds 2 all-time powerlifting world records--854 lb squat with no knee wraps and a ridiculous 2226 lb raw total. Taking strength competition to the far limits, the 45 year old Rhino will be making his charge at a world record 2300 lb raw total just weeks after the Arnold. When asked about his planned exploits this year in The Cage, Big Stan responded, “I chose this event because it’s probably the last opportunity I will have to put up some huge squats with Eric Lilliebridge (22 year old powerlifting phenom) before I retire from powerlifting.” Come to Booth #419 at the Arnold Expo and witness history once again on Saturday, March 2nd at 2:30pm.

Saturday, 3/2/13 at 2:30pm
The CAGE, Booth #419

Universal Rep
01-23-13, 12:33 pm
Saturday at 2:30pm just got a whole lot more excitin...

PLANETGETLOW
01-23-13, 12:35 pm
massive numbers, wish I could make it

G Diesel
01-23-13, 12:45 pm
A true freak among freaks.

Stan is awesome to watch lift. One of the best to ever do it.

Peace, G

Nix0r
01-23-13, 12:46 pm
Stan = freak

All of the Lilliebridge family = freakfreaks.

In for this.

GUNS
01-23-13, 12:58 pm
A Must see if this is gonna be his last big lift before retiring! Epic!

deanna7272
01-23-13, 12:59 pm
Yessssss!!!!!!

Firefist
01-23-13, 1:03 pm
AHHHHH, so jacked for this one!

Universal Rep
01-23-13, 1:05 pm
A Must see if this is gonna be his last big lift before retiring! Epic!

Excellent point.

freighttraindane
01-23-13, 1:09 pm
This is going to be an insane show! Love watching Stan put on a show in the Cage

Razor
01-23-13, 1:17 pm
I'm very fortunate that i'm going to get to witness this freak again. He's such a monster.

smoothballer
01-23-13, 2:09 pm
Wow!

P Diesel
01-23-13, 2:33 pm
where else can u see the best lifters in the world front and center, pushing themselves to the absolute limit? return of the Rhino. i am extremely fortunate

P

Rage
01-23-13, 3:22 pm
Bigs in The Cage...nice!

mritter3
01-23-13, 3:22 pm
Stan is a monster! Looking forward to this..

Da Eclipse
01-23-13, 3:35 pm
The Rhino is back ...will be looking out for this one !

Animal
03-04-13, 12:29 pm
I personally missed this event, but many around me told me this was one of the single best events in The Cage in 2013. No small feat considering the events this entire weekend. I spoke to the Lilliebridges at length afterwards. Good people, strong family, great values, tremendous work ethic. Perhaps they will lift under the Animal banner in the future.

naturalguy
03-04-13, 12:32 pm
This event was sick, not only did we get Stan & Eric lifting, we also got to see Ernie Lilliebridge Jr. & Sr. lifting as well. The whole family was intense, these guys put on a squatting clinic. They did it right, deep, great form and a ton of weight.

G Diesel
03-04-13, 4:44 pm
Stan's 875 squat was so deep and deliberate and so fast out of the bottom it was crazy. To think somebody can do that with 875 across their shoulders is astounding.

Peace, G

Big Byrd
03-04-13, 8:39 pm
I want in on a head to head with Eric next year for the title to the biggest squat in the cage

tark
03-04-13, 8:44 pm
this whole event was just insane...eric warming up all the way to 600 and the bar just jumping off his shoulders coming out of the hole was fuckin crazy!!

twoheadedboy
03-04-13, 10:23 pm
I want in on a head to head with Eric next year for the title to the biggest squat in the cage

Um...this needs to be getting more attention than it has been thus far. If this is happening I'm going to camp out in front of the expo center right now...

smoothballer
03-05-13, 8:02 pm

Sam told me his plan and I am definitely pumped for this one.

Ragin Asian
03-06-13, 11:03 am
Stan was great, so were the Lilibridge family. I know I'm gonna get my head chopped off for saying this - but where were you guys the entire weekend? I was sooooo looking forward to meeting all of you and I made it a point to try to be there in the Cage as much as I could despite what I deal with and running around for errands. When you guys were doing your event, it's almost like you upp'ed and left after that. That's not cool. I'm broken hearted about that. I may be a nobody in your eyes - but that was not cool to do in general. So glad you got your lifts in. Hope to share the platform with you guys in the future. I'm sure you had more important things going on and I won't judge. Just hope I get a chance to meet you guys in the future without so much commotion I guess.

twoheadedboy
03-06-13, 11:09 am
I can't vouch for their whereabouts the entire weekend but I know they were right outside of The Cage with the spectators either Saturday or Sunday I believe (maybe both, all runs together) and they were at the national ABC too.

Animal
03-06-13, 11:23 am

That would be interesting.

Aggression
03-06-13, 11:36 am

wow. yes.

Ragin Asian
03-06-13, 11:52 am
I can't vouch for their whereabouts the entire weekend but I know they were right outside of The Cage with the spectators either Saturday or Sunday I believe (maybe both, all runs together) and they were at the national ABC too.

We were there in the Cage from Friday to Sunday. I may have caught glimpses of them, but all too short. I was soooo looking forward to meeting them and it just seemed like they had their own thing going on and too busy to. Like I said before, I'm a nobody and that's ok. I'll catch them on the platform someday in the future.

Ragin Asian
03-06-13, 12:05 pm
BTW, we were at the National ABC too - didn't get a chance to meet them there either. So I'll continue to be heartbroken and depressed until I get a chance to meet the family. :( :( :(

naturalguy
03-06-13, 12:05 pm
That event was insane and very intense

P Diesel
03-06-13, 2:20 pm
easily my favorite exhibition of the weekend. i was fuckin floored the entire time.

thats a huge call out and very tall order. i was thinking the same in the dead. max weight, last man standing dead and squat. would b wild

P

G Diesel
03-06-13, 2:57 pm

Did I just read what I think I read?

Peace, G

Animal
03-06-13, 2:59 pm

Peace, G

Could be a one-on-one, mano a mano, or a three on three, Lilliebridge-Lilliebridge-Lilliebridge vs. Byrd-?-?

Just blue skying it.

P Diesel
03-06-13, 3:00 pm

Peace, G

right?!

freighttraindane
03-06-13, 3:05 pm
Could be a one-on-one, mano a mano, or a three on three, Lilliebridge-Lilliebridge-Lilliebridge vs. Byrd-?-?

Just blue skying it.

This would be an insane event!!

G Diesel
03-06-13, 3:15 pm
right?!

This would be an insane event!!

My money's on BYRD.

Peace, G

Animal
03-06-13, 3:17 pm
My money's on BYRD.

Peace, G

This year, he did what he did with little to no preparation. That was amazing. If he has a year to prepare for a big event like this, who knows what he could do.

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
03-06-13, 4:00 pm
Im game for this! Sams a great guy would love to lift with him!

Animal
03-06-13, 4:02 pm

Welcome to the FORVM, Ernie. Once again, amazing performance with you, your father and your brother on Saturday. Impressive to say the least.

freighttraindane
03-06-13, 4:03 pm

Uh Oh, Lilliebridge family chiming in now, looks like this might go down next year

Phil800101
03-06-13, 4:05 pm
Uh Oh, Lilliebridge family chiming in now, looks like this might go down next year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQ2pKMwQC4

naturalguy
03-06-13, 4:36 pm
I would pay to see that match up

Aggression
03-06-13, 4:38 pm

shit just got real.

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
03-06-13, 4:50 pm
shit just got real.

You got that right buddy! When the Lilliebridges get called out to lift in the "Animal cage" we bring our A+ game! No playing around!

G Diesel
03-06-13, 4:54 pm
This year, he did what he did with little to no preparation. That was amazing. If he has a year to prepare for a big event like this, who knows what he could do.

Fact. Very well said.

The most impressive weightlifting family I've ever witnessed. Their exhibition on Saturday was bananas.

Peace, G

GUNZ
03-06-13, 5:02 pm

Shit just got real!!

freighttraindane
03-06-13, 7:56 pm
You got that right buddy! When the Lilliebridges get called out to lift in the "Animal cage" we bring our A+ game! No playing around!

No doubt you guys know how to bring it and Sam does too, sounds like an epic battle

Big Byrd
03-06-13, 8:31 pm

Peace, G

Hell yeah! Eric is a hell of lifter and hell of a nice guy. He has impressed me for a long time. That squat was off the hook! Ranked it right there with Spotos 700 bench in jaw dropping lifts feats. Ive never had the chance to peak for the cage lift and this is the perfect opportunity.

Eric and Jesse are the future of this sport... i need them to keep this old man from retiring to early.

Big Byrd
03-06-13, 8:34 pm

Uh-oh.. its on now! Now Ive got no excuses next year

tark
03-06-13, 9:53 pm

Just blue skying it.

damn a three on three would be wild as fuck!!!

Ragin Asian
03-06-13, 10:18 pm
This would be beyond epic!!! My $$$ is on Sam - sorry Eric, I do play favorites in this sport. LOL!!!!! Totally wished I could have had the chance to shake you and your family's hands, been waiting a long time for that. At least Bobby was able to and I am jealous of that. Just so you know, I'd rather have had the chance to get a pic with you guys instead of with Arnold. :) Like Byrd said, you guys are our future. Keep up the great work!!!!

P Diesel
03-07-13, 10:11 am

haha u gotta have watermelon sized nuts to call out the Lilliebridge family. this will b fuckin chaos

P