PDA

View Full Version : A little help from you guys

BigAnt
01-24-13, 11:18 am
Everybody knows I train at home and some of my machine weight stacks are getting light ( I assume the gyms and the place you all train at you might run into the same problem)

I made a device/tool , actually just finished welding it yesterday, paint drying now-to add weight to a selectorized weight stack. I want to know, how do you add weights to a selectorized machine if the stack is to light>?

I tried the old school method of putting an extra pin in the stack, and sliding weights on that pin, but eventually the pin bends.

Waiting to her from you...

I will post the pic of the piece I made, once the paint dries.....

SailinScotty
01-24-13, 12:12 pm
Someday I hope to have this problem. I've seen other people though stick.the plate on the top between the guide and backing.

naturalguy
01-24-13, 12:20 pm
Yo patent that my friend and sell it

In Flames
01-24-13, 1:26 pm
Someday I hope to have this problem. I've seen other people though stick.the plate on the top between the guide and backing.

Ronnie Coleman style.

conjugalburns
01-24-13, 1:37 pm
I'd buy one. I can never get plates to stay in with just a pin. I saw a guy at my gym use what looked like a larger wall hook say for like a bike or something

BigAnt
01-24-13, 2:47 pm
Yo patent that my friend and sell it
---------------------------------------------------------
works great used it on my leg ext machine safe and productive....like the Big Ant drink!

Solid Dreams
01-24-13, 3:28 pm
The metroflex I work out at had a piece that was basically just a hook with a thick bar jutting out to put on top of the stacks, that we would use.

Then some joker put 4 plates on it and snapped it.

BigChrisF
01-24-13, 11:08 pm
I just put 20 lb dumbells on top of the weight stack in between the guide rails. They don't fall off and most commercial gyms have several sets of 20's.

BigAnt
01-25-13, 12:02 pm
I just put 20 lb dumbells on top of the weight stack in between the guide rails. They don't fall off and most commercial gyms have several sets of 20's.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah this works, but I need more weight like 90-135 pounds..LOL

Nfleagle78
01-25-13, 12:58 pm
Everybody knows I train at home and some of my machine weight stacks are getting light ( I assume the gyms and the place you all train at you might run into the same problem)

I made a device/tool , actually just finished welding it yesterday, paint drying now-to add weight to a selectorized weight stack. I want to know, how do you add weights to a selectorized machine if the stack is to light>?

I tried the old school method of putting an extra pin in the stack, and sliding weights on that pin, but eventually the pin bends.

Waiting to her from you...

I will post the pic of the piece I made, once the paint dries.....

At te local YMCA they have extra weights to put on top of the stack that are formed weird. They are only 10 lbs and on some machines you can't get the full extension. I use dumbells usually, but that's only for fly machine and cable machine. You can fit a 50lb dumbell easy on some. Try using bands! Or maybe even some big log chains! Hardcore

JHOORNSTRA
01-25-13, 3:07 pm
"Hey man, can you stand on this weight stack while I do a set?"

Been there...haha

J-HO

BigAnt
01-26-13, 11:32 am
"Hey man, can you stand on this weight stack while I do a set?"

Been there...haha

J-HO
---------------------------------------------------------------

I here ya, been there for that! Or what about.."CAN YOU SIT ON TOP OF THIS LEG PRESS" lol

World Eater
01-26-13, 3:55 pm
David Hoffman has something welded onto his machines that does just that.
[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrRCiB7vPI[/url]

Maybe message him on UniversalUSA.com?