PDA

View Full Version : RICHARD HAWTHORNE "The Ant Deads 5X Bodyweight"

naturalguy
01-24-13, 2:31 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Arnold2013/ArnoldHawthorne.jpg

Don’t judge Richard “The Ant” Hawthorne by his size. The diminutive but thickly-muscled Mississippi mutant is one of the greatest lb for lb deadlifters to ever live. Laying claim to titanic numbers like an equipped 622 lb deadlift at a mere 129 lb bodyweight and a raw 600 lb pull at 130 lbs in competition, The Ant holds multiple world records in various divisions and weight classes. His fourth time lifting at The Cage, Hawthorne has gone for reps with 600+ on multiple occasions in the past. When asked why he chose to deadlift huge weight yet again in The Cage, Richard replied,

“Cuz it’s what I do best… Be an Animal.”

Come see The Ant do his thing in “primetime” at Booth #419 on Saturday, March 2nd.

Saturday, 3/2/13 at 11:30AM
The CAGE, Booth #419

freighttraindane
01-24-13, 2:32 pm
One of the most badass dudes on the planet

smoothballer
01-24-13, 2:35 pm
This dude is beyond impressive

J.Halladay
01-24-13, 3:37 pm
hands down my favorite part of the cage last year, expecting the same this year

naturalguy
01-24-13, 3:53 pm
Insane, that is the only word to describe Richard's lifting

brentwillisbgw
01-24-13, 6:03 pm
This is going to be awesome!!

P Diesel
01-24-13, 6:09 pm
Was just talkin about Rich Hawthorne w Bobby and Dave the other day. We all had the same things to say. Absurdly strong but humble. Very nonchalant in his attempts but the roof blows off the building with the crowds' reaction to his strength. One of the nicest dudes u'll ever meet. With a deadlift suit the size of one of my socks.

P

Ragin Asian
01-24-13, 7:06 pm
Yup! I agree wholeheartedly! I remember the first time I met him in the Cage, the first time he pulled in there. Now, I'm usually good about not judging a book by its cover - but Hawthorne has that way about him that completely takes you off guard. I have been and still am completely blown away by the awesome strength this powerplug exudes!!! It is always an honor to witness this man pull!!!!

Ragin Asian
01-24-13, 7:09 pm
With a deadlift suit the size of one of my socks.

P

That is just too funny!

You know what gets me? I bet he's STRONGER without the suit and it just holds him back because he is to deadlifting like a duck to water!

deanna7272
01-25-13, 12:22 am
He's a phenom wrapped up in a 130 pound package!!! So impressive...

C.Coronato
01-25-13, 9:34 am
The dude is unreal. One of the best guys at the cage, and one of the most unexpected. He trains harder and pushes himself more than anyone i know.

Rage
01-25-13, 3:57 pm
One powerful mofo right there.

J U S T I N
01-25-13, 4:40 pm
Solid

twoheadedboy
01-29-13, 1:47 am
An absolute beast from the time he starts to approach the bar to the time he's done lifting. That was the thing that struck me in the Cage last year...watch this dude get ready to lift. He's somehow peaceful as a Zen warrior yet there's almost like a dark cloud of intensity surrounding him...I can't adequately describe it, you just have to see it.

Kowboy
01-29-13, 8:50 am
Badass to watch in person, hell I even spoke w/ him at the ABC and got tips. Insanely strong and as others have said, very humble. Excited to see this again.

The Ant
02-14-13, 1:49 pm
Two more weeks and its goin down in the Cage! Cant wait to my fellow Animal brothers do their thing!

Universal Rep
02-14-13, 1:54 pm
Two more weeks and its goin down in the Cage! Cant wait to my fellow Animal brothers do their thing!

Welcome brotha and best of luck. How many reps u plannin on bangin out?

The Ant
02-14-13, 8:13 pm
Welcome brotha and best of luck. How many reps u plannin on bangin out?

not sure man, jus waiting till the moment. I like to surprise myself.

Universal Rep
02-15-13, 11:06 am
not sure man, jus waiting till the moment. I like to surprise myself.

Im sure youll surprise everyone at the Arnold brotha...

P Diesel
02-17-13, 8:43 am
Richard really is the standard for modern deadlifting. I dnt think a pulling day goes by without sum reference made to him. He makes us all better. Thank u bro. See u in a few weeks

P

Animal
03-04-13, 12:33 pm
635 x 2? I missed this event, but I heard it was amazing.

P Diesel
03-06-13, 2:02 pm
consistantly stronger every year dude. blown away, as was the rest of the expo crowd. honored to get to announce u as well.

ahah u and HIGA stay at ur table and ill stay at mine, have a good laugh at my expense haha

P

Animal
03-06-13, 2:49 pm
Should we bring The Ant on board and make him part of the Animal Crew?

P Diesel
03-06-13, 2:55 pm

my vote is in ... YES!!! without a doubt. get that little bastard w us official.

P

Shukin
03-06-13, 2:55 pm

Most Definitely, never understood why he wasn't.

Animal
03-06-13, 2:56 pm
Most Definitely, never understood why he wasn't.

I believe he had other sponsorships. If an athlete is already working with another supplement company or a bodybuilding-related clothing company, this would present a conflict of interest, naturally.

Shukin
03-06-13, 2:57 pm

my vote is in ... YES!!! without a doubt. get that little bastard w us official.

P

He was in the Cage till the very end....He loaded the weights for the bros vs pros deadlift, I felt both honored and ashamed.

Shukin
03-06-13, 2:58 pm
I believe he had other sponsorships. If an athlete is already working with another supplement company or a bodybuilding-related clothing company, this would present a conflict of interest, naturally.

If there is opportunity jump on it, he's like a miniature Higa with his passion and desire to help.

twoheadedboy
03-06-13, 4:13 pm
I know Animal can't sign everyone, but I would be all for signing anyone who performed this year who is not already on the roster. Richard has to be at the top of any list, incredible competitor and person as has been previously stated.

Animal
03-06-13, 4:14 pm
I know Animal can't sign everyone, but I would be all for signing anyone who performed this year who is not already on the roster. Richard has to be at the top of any list, incredible competitor and person as has been previously stated.

Truth is, we don't want to sign "everyone". Only those competing at a certain level and only those who understand and share our values. That's the key.

twoheadedboy
03-06-13, 5:40 pm
Definitely agree, I just think that the roster at the Cage this year was all people at the top of their game. As awesome as my first Cage was 2012, there is no comparison when speaking about 2013.

Here are the non-Animal athletes (according to what I know): Lilly, Cartwright, Hawthorne, Spoto, Efferding, CWS, Norris, and the Lillebridges. The Rhino is retiring soon so maybe he's not what you're looking for, but from what I know about these athletes, I would think ANY company would want to have them on their roster!

Of course, maybe Animal has knowledge about these guys that goes beyond their feats of strength that DQ's them, I don't know. I'm just going by, who is better than this group and those already signed by Animal? Not many, if any.

Ragin Asian
03-06-13, 10:25 pm
OMG! The Ant isn't Animal crew????!!!??? He was there helping ALL of us out!!! I don't know what kind of conflicts of interest there were involved - all I know is he was there knee deep helping all of us and providing so much support!!

His performance speaks for itself!

I'm calling the Ant out now - drop those other damn sponsors and be all ANIMAL!!!!!

biggredd
03-23-13, 11:29 am
first off Richard is my boy, we own and operate a gym together (Southern Elite PL) and we train together so i'm around him everyday, and what yall see in the cage is just a peice of what this man is, not only in training but with helping others and working with guys at the gym and out of the gym, if someone eamils him a question he answers it, if he's out around town and somebody asked him a question about lifting he answers them, hell i've been out at a club with him and i look over and he's demonstrating proper deadlift form lol. Our gym has alot of young powerlifters and we work with all of them all the time and Richard is right there day in and day out he also drops by the local high school sometimes to help thier lifters out, one thing that Richard belives in is karma if your helping someone it will comeback to you, as far as sponsors gose he's not with any other supplemnt company and all House of Pain did was take some pics of richard in HOP clothing (that he had to buy) to post on their website and in magazines to help get his name out. what im getting at is he's a good man and i think he would represent the Animal/universal brand well.

GUNS
03-23-13, 9:46 pm
first off Richard is my boy, we own and operate a gym together (Southern Elite PL) and we train together so i'm around him everyday, and what yall see in the cage is just a peice of what this man is, not only in training but with helping others and working with guys at the gym and out of the gym, if someone eamils him a question he answers it, if he's out around town and somebody asked him a question about lifting he answers them, hell i've been out at a club with him and i look over and he's demonstrating proper deadlift form lol. Our gym has alot of young powerlifters and we work with all of them all the time and Richard is right there day in and day out he also drops by the local high school sometimes to help thier lifters out, one thing that Richard belives in is karma if your helping someone it will comeback to you, as far as sponsors gose he's not with any other supplemnt company and all House of Pain did was take some pics of richard in HOP clothing (that he had to buy) to post on their website and in magazines to help get his name out. what im getting at is he's a good man and i think he would represent the Animal/universal brand well.

Whats up Biggredd? Just sitting and chatting with him and watching the vids, I see exactly what your talking about here! Hoping to get over there really soon!

biggredd
03-24-13, 1:21 am
Whats up Biggredd? Just sitting and chatting with him and watching the vids, I see exactly what your talking about here! Hoping to get over there really soon!

What's up bro... And hell yeah buddy your welcome here anytime