PDA

View Full Version : JESSE NORRIS "The Phenom Pulls 775 Raw at 198"

naturalguy
01-25-13, 3:00 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Arnold2013/ArnoldCard11.jpg

We don’t call Jesse Norris “The Phenom” for nothing. At only the tender age of 19, Norris is among the greatest lifters of all-time in his weight class. A multiple-time IPF world champion, Norris set an unofficial world record for his weight at his latest meet with an inhuman 1850 lb raw total in the 198 class, including world records in both the squat with 700 lb and the deadlift at 750 lb. Getting amped up for his debut at The Cage, Jesse stated,

“This will be my first time lifting in The Cage. Not only will it be fun, but it gives me the chance to show people what I can do. Training for the event has already begun.”

Come see this 19 year old freak find his own place among the titans at The Cage on Sunday, March 3rd at 2pm.

Sunday, 3/3/13 at 2:00pm
The CAGE, Booth #419

Universal Rep
01-25-13, 3:34 pm
19 year old puttin up those kind of numbers??? Absolutely. Positively. Sick.

Coverage of the kid on PLW... http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/24215

G Diesel
01-25-13, 3:41 pm
Some of the craziest shit I've ever seen in this game. Beyond impressive.

Peace, G

Rage
01-25-13, 3:56 pm
Super human crazy stuff right there.

J U S T I N
01-25-13, 4:18 pm
WOW. 9+ times your weight for raw total... RESPECT.

Universal Rep
01-25-13, 4:18 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlNk7_OIUH4

Jacked at 198 and 5'9"...

Ragin Asian
01-25-13, 4:43 pm
Awesome!!!! Another Cage virgin! We'll take good care of him. ;)

Razor
01-25-13, 5:12 pm
Holy shit.

GUNS
01-25-13, 6:28 pm
Wow!

P Diesel
01-25-13, 11:08 pm
I saw him compete a few years back at high school nats. Kid is talented.

P

deanna7272
01-25-13, 11:47 pm
Smooth and controlled... Wow... Kid's got a great future ahead of him....

tark
01-27-13, 2:52 pm
this kid is the real deal! mad respect

Universal Rep
01-28-13, 9:31 am
Smooth and controlled... Wow... Kid's got a great future ahead of him....

this kid is the real deal! mad respect

For sure... At 19, hes got a lot of years to look forward to.

C.Coronato
01-28-13, 10:13 am
Welcome bro.

JUGGERNAUT
01-28-13, 10:18 am
Wonder human. Records will be crushed. "More power to you!" (but you obviously don't need that...)

naturalguy
01-28-13, 11:11 am
Insanely strong

J-Dawg
01-28-13, 11:22 am
Wow! This is going to a sick event.

Has anyone ever lifted 10x bodyweight in a full power meet? Looks like Jesse is close!

T Dirty
01-28-13, 12:49 pm
I cannot wait to see this kid at the Cage. Is going to turn a shit load of heads. He will kill the competition!

Jesse_Norris
02-07-13, 10:08 pm
Wow! This is going to a sick event.

Has anyone ever lifted 10x bodyweight in a full power meet? Looks like Jesse is close!

I don't think anyone in this weight class raw, has ever. I plan to :) Thank you for all the support everyone. Training is going well, plan to put up a sick number in the cage!

Universal Rep
02-08-13, 11:29 am
I don't think anyone in this weight class raw, has ever. I plan to :) Thank you for all the support everyone. Training is going well, plan to put up a sick number in the cage!

Welcome brotha and good luck with the event... Have ya adjusted anythin with the training?

Madcat
02-08-13, 12:42 pm
Wow, that is some crazy stuff!

Jesse_Norris
02-13-13, 7:30 pm
Welcome brotha and good luck with the event... Have ya adjusted anythin with the training?

Well I've only had a couple months in between meets to train. Its definitely interesting. My routine has been pretty similar. Mix of deadlift/strongman events really help to strengthen the low back. Hit 675 for 4, felt really good, These next couple weeks i'll keep bumping up the weight as I move into the meet.

P Diesel
02-14-13, 10:34 am
Well I've only had a couple months in between meets to train. Its definitely interesting. My routine has been pretty similar. Mix of deadlift/strongman events really help to strengthen the low back. Hit 675 for 4, felt really good, These next couple weeks i'll keep bumping up the weight as I move into the meet.

what meet u doin?

P

Beowulf
02-14-13, 12:36 pm

So you incorporate methods from both powerlifting and strongman in your training?

Universal Rep
02-14-13, 1:58 pm

Thnx for the reply, JN... I have a feelin ur gonna turn sum heads in the CAGE next month.... Best of luck.

Jesse_Norris
02-19-13, 6:44 am
So you incorporate methods from both powerlifting and strongman in your training?

Yes I mix up my training quite a bit. I mostly incorporate overhead log, farmer carries, stones, train axle deadlift quite a bit and some yoke. I believe this assists me a lot with core strength

Jesse_Norris
02-19-13, 6:45 am
what meet u doin?

P

I got done with Idaho State at the beginning of January, now the cage. In June I'm planning to hit 10x body weight raw at mens nationals.

The Ant
02-19-13, 7:07 am
I cant what to see you do your thing Jesse, crazy weight man

Universal Rep
02-19-13, 1:44 pm
I got done with Idaho State at the beginning of January, now the cage. In June I'm planning to hit 10x body weight raw at mens nationals.

Crap, thats around 2 grand?

Jesse_Norris
02-24-13, 7:05 am
Crap, thats around 2 grand?

Yes sir, I would like to be the first to hit a 2000lb total sub 198's raw. Thats the goal! Anyways, deload week before the big lift! Diet is pretty simply, chicken/fish and vegetables with some complex carbs such as sweet potato or brown rice. Cant wait to get up there!

Jesse_Norris
02-24-13, 7:06 am
I cant what to see you do your thing Jesse, crazy weight man

I appreciate it! Are you going to be there once again? I know I seen some vids from the year from a previous show. Sick pull man!

Universal Rep
02-25-13, 12:27 pm
I appreciate it! Are you going to be there once again? I know I seen some vids from the year from a previous show. Sick pull man!

Yup, The Ant will be doin his thing again this year...

U excited yet, JN?

Muscle Beach
03-03-13, 4:42 am
Mad respect and admiration for Jesse Norris!!! This guy is amazing and trains hard! H e has earned every pound of iron that is racked on that bar!

Ragin Asian
03-04-13, 3:30 am
Jesse definitely impressed us all!!! What a machine! Quite interesting to see the IPF waiting in suits after he did his exhibition. It was almost like the movies where you see a superhero show up, do his thing, and all of a sudden the men in black show up to cart him away. LOL!!!

Jesse is a phenom, no doubt about it!

Keep up the great work, Jesse! It was nice to finally meet you!

deanna7272
03-04-13, 9:20 am
I agree!!! It was crazy to see him so calm and collected, just walk up to the bar and pull with what seemed to be no effort.... WOW... He definitely has a gift.... And yes, the suits there added to the WOW factor...

Shukin
03-04-13, 9:32 am
A great event, I was standing next Eric Spoto for it watching his enthusiasm was so cool, I love the way all these powerlifters and strongmen/women support each other. I never really sensed an jealousy, I love it.

Great Lifting Jesse.

Animal
03-04-13, 12:26 pm
Great kid and a spectacular lift. Always awesome to bring in new faces, athletes who are great ambassadors for the sport like Jesse.

HIGA MONSTER
03-04-13, 12:49 pm
Didnt know what to expect but I heard of this kid before.

I saw his aunt & uncle 2 weeks prior at the RABFitness strongman, and they asked if I could look out for him.
That was his aunt, Joanne Hagadorn, in the yellow top that was sitting by me in The Cage. She competed in the Arnold Women's strongman contest.

I was fuckin blown away watching that kid lift and told Joanne that was the sickest pulls I have seen from a guy in that weight class.

What I did not like was the IPF flexing their muscles and trying to get him to do a Drug Test right before he pulled the 775 lbs.
Wtf?

Naturalguy put them in check and for the right reasons...

Much respect to this kid Jesse Norris.
HIGA MONSTER

Big Byrd
03-04-13, 8:44 pm
Thnx for the reply, JN... I have a feelin ur gonna turn sum heads in the CAGE next month.... Best of luck.

Turn heads? He just about snapped mine! Wtf! There are no American 198s even attempting 800 pull, and only 2 Russians I can think of who might be capable but they are both much older and heavier.

Kid is the future if he stays smart and healthy

GUNS
03-04-13, 8:56 pm
Didnt know what to expect but I heard of this kid before.

I saw his aunt & uncle 2 weeks prior at the RABFitness strongman, and they asked if I could look out for him.
That was his aunt, Joanne Hagadorn, in the yellow top that was sitting by me in The Cage. She competed in the Arnold Women's strongman contest.

I was fuckin blown away watching that kid lift and told Joanne that was the sickest pulls I have seen from a guy in that weight class.

What I did not like was the IPF flexing their muscles and trying to get him to do a Drug Test right before he pulled the 775 lbs.
Wtf?

Naturalguy put them in check and for the right reasons...

Much respect to this kid Jesse Norris.
HIGA MONSTER

Yes, much respect for Jesse! And my hat goes off for NG! I was standing right there when they came in! He was about 2 warmups away from his 775! They wanted to pull him right there, NG stood his ground and they waited and watched the show!

twoheadedboy
03-04-13, 10:20 pm
Watching his lifts was incredible. How can he be 19 and pulling this much weight? How can he be 198 and pulling this much weight. HOW CAN HE BE 19 AND 198 AND PULLING THIS MUCH WEIGHT?!

P Diesel
03-06-13, 1:54 pm
Jesse, u have A TON of ability. dnt let ppl tell u it was a great pull because ur so young. it was a fuckin sick pull, young, old, or otherwise. im fairly excited to see where u end up. it was a pleasure having u in the cage among the freaks. hope it was a good experience for u.

P

Big Byrd
03-06-13, 8:37 pm
Jesse, u have A TON of ability. dnt let ppl tell u it was a great pull because ur so young. it was a fuckin sick pull, young, old, or otherwise. im fairly excited to see where u end up. it was a pleasure having u in the cage among the freaks. hope it was a good experience for u.

P

Exactly. Great pull! Looking forward to following your career for years

Big Byrd
03-06-13, 8:40 pm

Thats quite a feat but def within reach; looking forward to that. Which mens nationals?