PDA

View Full Version : Question about Animal Iconic T-shirt Sizing...

Universal Rep
01-30-13, 1:50 pm
Perfect and true to size? Or adjustments could be made for an even better fit? For example, snugger more form fittin thru the torso?

freighttraindane
01-30-13, 1:56 pm
Perfect and true to size? Or adjustments could be made for an even better fit? For example, snugger more form fittin thru the torso?

As a big guy, I would say NO to more form fitting, but i am sure I am probably in the minority on this one.

Bruiser
01-30-13, 1:56 pm

Definetly! A lot of us need XXL but then it's wide as hell at the waist.

mritter3
01-30-13, 2:07 pm
I like the iconics that have been round over the years..not too tight, but I ain't swimming in them either

Razor
01-30-13, 2:19 pm
Hmmm i do agree with the large waist but i always loved them just the way they are. I vote to keep them the same. Maybe release a batch of these besides the regular ones just to get a feel how people respond?

rainman
01-30-13, 2:53 pm
Perfect and true to size?

I'd say so, from a bodybuilder's perspective at least. I mean, I'm not the biggest guy out there, (44R jacket size), but a large fits me fine and I'm cool with that. It's refreshing to find a shirt that's sized this way. An XL does fit me, but the sleeves rest on my elbows and the torso is a bit longer.

Bruiser touched on this in his Journey a few days back when he was writing about when he went swimming. I went out for a Birthday a couple of weeks back and I am seen as massive because I train and eat more than my mates. In the gym, I am simply 'large'. I'll fit in the XL better with more work!

Universal Rep
01-30-13, 4:28 pm
So for the most part, its perfect? Mebbe shorten the sleeves a bit or taper at the waist slightly???

rainman
01-30-13, 4:44 pm
The size is a good representation where I am at in my lifting as far as I'm concerned. I'd love to step up to an XL, but I'll have to build a bigger chest first!

Universal Rep
01-30-13, 4:45 pm
The size is a good representation where I am at in my lifting as far as I'm concerned. I'd love to step up to an XL, but I'll have to build a bigger chest first!

Good point. The t-shirt is kinda like an Animal "gold standard" that allows ya to measure ur progress alongside tens of thousands of others who own the same shirt...

C.Coronato
01-31-13, 11:52 am
Im a fan of the current model. It drapes well.

Razor
01-31-13, 11:54 am

Exactly. Its the drape!

Universal Rep
01-31-13, 12:47 pm

Sleeves not too long?

Razor
01-31-13, 12:54 pm
Sleeves not too long?

Nope. But that's just me.

C.Coronato
01-31-13, 12:57 pm
Sleeves not too long?

I don't feel like they are no. I don't like to wear tight shirts. Especially when training.

Universal Rep
01-31-13, 1:00 pm
I don't feel like they are no. I don't like to wear tight shirts. Especially when training.

Not tight sleeves, but long sleeves...

GUNS
01-31-13, 5:37 pm
As a big guy, I would say NO to more form fitting, but i am sure I am probably in the minority on this one.
Agree. They are fine the way they are. The house has a shirt that i do lime the arms on though. A little shorter tighter sleeve with a non fitting torso.

IrishMike
01-31-13, 6:27 pm
That would be awesome. Too tight in the torso gets too hot, but I like to be able to see that I'm getting a good pump when I work arms ( i.e. Spiders )

cash
01-31-13, 9:57 pm
i just ordered a xxl im hoping the length of the shirt is guna be ok because i hate when my shirt rides up

deanna7272
01-31-13, 11:01 pm
Are you talking a little like the Breach shirts a couple years ago? They seemed to have a different fit, lighter weight, better stretch and a little tighter sleeves...

Razor
02-01-13, 11:46 am
Are you talking a little like the Breach shirts a couple years ago? They seemed to have a different fit, lighter weight, better stretch and a little tighter sleeves...

Yeah those shirts were completely different. They felt almost like the old school grey Universal shirt in the store.

Aggression
02-01-13, 11:50 am
So for the most part, its perfect? Mebbe shorten the sleeves a bit or taper at the waist slightly???

I think they're perfect as is. Let's be real here, the majority of us on this board don't have Antoine-like V-tapers, so tightening up the waist will do nothing but make the overall look of the shirt less appealing. As for the sleeves, I think they're fine as is. A few shirts that we've come out with in previous years had shorter and/or tighter sleeves and it made it uncomfortable to workout in. The current ones shouldn't be altered at all. Just my .02

freighttraindane
02-01-13, 11:53 am
I think they're perfect as is. Let's be real here, the majority of us on this board don't have Antoine-like V-tapers, so tightening up the waist will do nothing but make the overall look of the shirt less appealing. As for the sleeves, I think they're fine as is. A few shirts that we've come out with in previous years had shorter and/or tighter sleeves and it made it uncomfortable to workout in. The current ones shouldn't be altered at all. Just my .02

Haha well said Aggs (Although, i am not ready to admit that i don't have the Antoine-like V-taper)

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:56 am
Thnx fellas for the feedback. I wuz askin because Corporate may decide to go completely custom on sum of their most popular t-shirts... Meaning, the pattern is designed, special fabric is purchased/cut, assembled, designed, printed and bagged and then shipped, 100% custom. So nows the chance to change anythin.

GUNS
02-01-13, 12:10 pm
Thnx fellas for the feedback. I wuz askin because Corporate may decide to go completely custom on sum of their most popular t-shirts... Meaning, the pattern is designed, special fabric is purchased/cut, assembled, designed, printed and bagged and then shipped, 100% custom. So nows the chance to change anythin.

Send the prototype my way, Ill do some hardcore testing on it! Ill even send it back to you, tortured, bleeding, and begging for mercy! I dare ya!

Bruiser
02-01-13, 12:13 pm

The drape is perfect. But the XL is too tight in the shoulders and the XXL is like three feet wide at the bottom. They shouldn't be form fitting but a little narrower at least.

Bruiser
02-01-13, 12:13 pm
Send the prototype my way, Ill do some hardcore testing on it! Ill even send it back to you, tortured, bleeding, and begging for mercy! I dare ya!

You expecting them to send a shmedium? Lol

GUNS
02-01-13, 12:14 pm
The drape is perfect. But the XL is too tight in the shoulders and the XXL is like three feet wide at the bottom. They shouldn't be form fitting but a little narrower at least.

Isnt the 3 feet wide at the bottom, form fitting on you fatty!

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 12:15 pm

I heard the new material will have an even better drape and feel a lot more luxurious (but still durable)...

GUNS
02-01-13, 12:16 pm
You expecting them to send a shmedium? Lol

That would look like 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound sack!

Bruiser
02-01-13, 12:18 pm
Isnt the 3 feet wide at the bottom, form fitting on you fatty!

No. And with the way I eat, if a XXL is wide at the bottom, that's saying something! Lol.

I heard the new material will have an even better drape and feel a lot more luxurious (but still durable)...

Can't wait to see it.

That would look like 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound sack!

Hahahaha. Now that image is burned into my brain.

Aggression
02-01-13, 12:36 pm

So the new shirt will have a different taper than the current ones?

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 12:37 pm
So the new shirt will have a different taper than the current ones?

So far, it sounds like not enough requests for a tighter waist, and more votes for keepin things exactly as is... Just better material and sharper graphics...

C.Coronato
02-01-13, 12:37 pm

Im the same way. I do like the way a 2XL fits up top, but not on the bottom. I guess thats what I get for being 5'6" 225 lol

Aggression
02-01-13, 12:39 pm
So far, it sounds like not enough requests for a tighter waist, and more votes for keepin things exactly as is... Just better material and sharper graphics...

Better material, sharper graphics, same taper/drape = perfection.

Aggression
02-01-13, 12:39 pm
Im the same way. I do like the way a 2XL fits up top, but not on the bottom. I guess thats what I get for being 5'6" 225 lol

You fit right in with Antoine. Youz ain't normal specimens

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 12:40 pm

I saw a pic of the new prototype... the black artwork on the reds and yellows was darker, sharper and crisper...

RedlegDbell
02-01-13, 12:44 pm
Hmmm i do agree with the large waist but i always loved them just the way they are. I vote to keep them the same. Maybe release a batch of these besides the regular ones just to get a feel how people respond?

For sure. I'm with Razor on this one.

Razor
02-01-13, 12:50 pm

This!

Razor
02-01-13, 12:51 pm
I saw a pic of the new prototype... the black artwork on the reds and yellows was darker, sharper and crisper...

how bout a pic of said prototype?

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 12:52 pm
For sure. I'm with Razor on this one.

Mebbe for the future, a special version with a diff cut... But for now, only one fit, RD...

mritter3
02-02-13, 1:28 pm

sounds awesome!!

GUNZ
02-02-13, 9:01 pm
I love them as training shirt! Would love to see a batch in the Soft Style version that's like 60 cotton 40 polyester. That style shit fits bad ass in arms.

Bruiser
02-02-13, 9:19 pm
I love them as training shirt! Would love to see a batch in the Soft Style version that's like 60 cotton 40 polyester. That style shit fits bad ass in arms.

I agree! Have you tried the new Triblend shirts that EliteFTS has now? Holy shit those are soft and comfortable.

smoothballer
02-02-13, 9:23 pm
Love triblend shirts in general but don't want to mess with an already great thing.

GUNZ
02-03-13, 2:57 pm
I agree! Have you tried the new Triblend shirts that EliteFTS has now? Holy shit those are soft and comfortable.

Havent, but Iron Rebel Power Gear all their shits are like the blend, fit its sweet espically outside the gym.

Love triblend shirts in general but don't want to mess with an already great thing.

I agree bro, the orginal Animal shirts are my fav training, but would be cool to see them expand and make a soft style tri blend that we can sport out and about with a good fit!!

cash
02-06-13, 4:25 pm
i got my shirt in yesterday im bummed i ordered a xxl in the chest fits tight and my waist fits tight and seems to short i havent even washed it yet im guna be positive and hang it on my wall in keep workin om my waiste in try it on as motivation but i really doubt all ever lift with it on

Universal Rep
02-06-13, 4:26 pm

Wut is triblend? Poly/cotton/nylon?

Razor
02-06-13, 4:31 pm

I would imagine so. This would be the first time i've heard of it.

Universal Rep
02-06-13, 4:34 pm
I would imagine so. This would be the first time i've heard of it.

Or hemp-cotton-silk

Universal Rep
02-06-13, 4:35 pm
i got my shirt in yesterday im bummed i ordered a xxl in the chest fits tight and my waist fits tight and seems to short i havent even washed it yet im guna be positive and hang it on my wall in keep workin om my waiste in try it on as motivation but i really doubt all ever lift with it on

Wuts the problem? Ya need a 3XL?

Razor
02-06-13, 4:44 pm
Or hemp-cotton-silk

haha this made me laugh out loud here in the office where is super quiet.

cash
02-06-13, 7:53 pm
Wuts the problem? Ya need a 3XL?

yea thats what im thinking i wear xxl normally in all my shirts i figured the sizing would be the same on the animal t shirts seems like they run small

Universal Rep
02-08-13, 11:38 am
yea thats what im thinking i wear xxl normally in all my shirts i figured the sizing would be the same on the animal t shirts seems like they run small

To the best of my knowledge, the Iconics run true to size. If the shirt is unused/unwashed, Corporate will handle a return for ya no problem...

GUNZ
02-08-13, 12:04 pm

Yea tri is poly, cotton, nylon or rayon. But best blend is dual soft style T is 60 cotton 40 p has great fit and shirt are super soft. As I said I agree the original Animal shirts are the shit to train, but possible soft style would be sick to ad to gear for guys that like to sport nice Animal gear out and about with a nice fit other then gym.

Universal Rep
02-08-13, 12:05 pm
Yea tri is poly, cotton, nylon or rayon. But best blend is dual soft style T is 60 cotton 40 p has great fit and shirt are super soft. As I said I agree the original Animal shirts are the shit to train, but possible soft style would be sick to ad to gear for guys that like to sport nice Animal gear out and about with a nice fit other then gym.

The new shirts will be softer and more polished...

Razor
02-08-13, 12:34 pm

When will these go into production? Or are they the tagless ones that have been popping up?

Universal Rep
02-08-13, 12:35 pm
When will these go into production? Or are they the tagless ones that have been popping up?

They will be tagless like before, but will be 100% custom designed and made with superior materials... Prolly second half of the year? Thats the plan I hear.

Razor
02-08-13, 12:36 pm
They will be tagless like before, but will be 100% custom designed and made with superior materials... Prolly second half of the year? Thats the plan I hear.

Very cool news!

Universal Rep
02-08-13, 12:39 pm
Very cool news!

Bottom line, remember better materials = even better drape

GUNZ
02-08-13, 2:08 pm

Good shit U rep!! Best thing about this dam company, ask and actually go through with what people ask for! Oh along with best supplements hands down! Love it

cash
02-09-13, 12:08 am
To the best of my knowledge, the Iconics run true to size. If the shirt is unused/unwashed, Corporate will handle a return for ya no problem...

im guna keep it all hang it up on my wall the animal logo is badass

mritter3
02-09-13, 9:00 am
Bottom line, remember better materials = even better drape

Bingo! Animal brand = quality!

Sprint
02-09-13, 9:41 am
Keep it the same, man. I take an XL at 5ft5-5ft6 (often debated). Fits just nicely across the shoulders, back & chest. Yeah it's almost down to my knees but I kinda like that.

I also like the width at the bottom (where most guys' waists would be, I guess), I'm like a 31 inch waist, I like the baggyness there.

Sleeve length, the XL as it currently is sits just past my elbows, which kinda hides the upper guns a little but you know, I quite like that. People in the past, notably a lass who is used to seeing the usual "Medium guys in Small shirts" have asked why I go around in XL size instead of really tight tops.

I said firstly, it's comfortable around my back & shoulders, an L sits just a bit too snug for me. Secondly, if you look straight for the biceps & looks past the back & shoulders, you can't really see what's under there, so it's almost like having a little secret.

It also has that little extra impact when you break the guns out.

My 0.2: If it ain't broke...