PDA

View Full Version : 120 Day Challenge

Kingslayer
01-30-13, 10:22 pm
Alright so we all know whether you're bodybuilding or power lifting or just looking to get in shape it's more than a challenge, more than a journey, it's a lifestyle. With that said me and a buddy of mine have started a friendly wager. Whoever loses the most weight in the next 120 days (starting Feb 1st) wins. There's a slight catch, each pound you lose by is $5. We're both not wealthy people but thinking about that extra $5 three or four times a month is really going to add up after five months. I'm excited, he's excited, it's going to be very interesting. It's a jump start to a new lifestyle for me. So I'll be posting my workouts and meals on the daily. Follow up if you'd like, comment, hate, do whatever you wanna do. This is more for me then it is for any of you. I want this shit documented. What better place than the Mecca of bodybuilding websites/forums? So here goes the diet and coming this Friday I'll be posting my workout.

Pre-Workout (7AM)
2 scoops Whey Protein
1 Banana or Apple

Breakfast/Post Workout (9AM)
3 eggs 2 egg whites
Spinach
Tomatoes

2 slices whole wheat toast

I'm looking for something to add for substance. All ideas encouraged and appreciated.

Snack (1130AM)
Chobani Greek Yogurt mixed with plain oats

Lunch (1PM)
8oz chicken breasts
1 cup brown rice w/ quinoa
Large salad (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, carrots, light robusto dressing)

Snack (4PM)
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat

Dinner (6PM)
Spaghetti made with lean ground beef
Steamed veggies on the side

Snack (830PM)
Another yogurt mixed with oats
Or another shake most of the time I need the protein
Sometimes both if I'm a little hungrier

Like I said all ideas and thoughts welcomed. I know this is a break from the norm but this will transition into a lifestyle for me. It's a whole lot more than a bet or a challenge. Although it'll be primarily friendly we will be competitive and towards the end of things I hope we've both made changes because that's ultimately what's important.

Stats
6'3"
340lbs.

C.Coronato
01-31-13, 11:54 am
Awesome concept bro. In for the ride for sure.

Kingslayer
02-12-13, 10:05 pm
Sick with the flu start date pushed back to the 18th. Stay ready.

Kingslayer
02-22-13, 5:32 pm
First week down. I'm working with training routine #9 for overall physique. I've got a lot of excess weight so the cardio is ramped up. In the morning I do a 30-45 minute session of wind sprints on a football field. From 10 yards all the way up to 100 and back down with 30 second rest in between. Then my workout begins around 11AM/12PM. Then I do another post cardio session after working out on the stationary bike or the treadmill. An hour of high incline walking or 30 minutes of biking ramping up the intensity as I go. I kind of incorporated HIIT with the stationary bike. I'll bike at 100% for 2 minutes then 50% for 1 minute to kind of give my body a rest and then shock it. This gets me around 10-12 miles biked in just a 30 minute session. For added variety I like to run/walk the track with all this weight my miles are only 1.5 but I hope to get up to 3 miles with ease. See you next week!

DanoC
02-22-13, 7:34 pm
"I'm looking for something to add for substance. All ideas encouraged and appreciated"

what kinda substance? you got the carbs, fats, and protein. Maybe some natty PB on the toast?

also, the glycemic index for whole wheat bread is about the same as white bread (~71). whole grain is better (~51) and flourless bread like Ezekiel Bread or other brands are usually in the 30s. just a thought.

good luck dude. sub'ed

Ed Eliason
02-22-13, 7:50 pm
Dude I like the idea of the friendly wager! Best of luck to you. It looks like you're putting in the work for sure!

Kingslayer
03-25-13, 11:55 pm
Everything is going good looking to ramp it up this week. I'll try to update this a little more. So far I'm down 8lbs but still trailing my opponent by 2lbs. Stay motivated!