PDA

View Full Version : DAN GREEN "Savage Deadlifting: Dan Green Pulls 850"

naturalguy
01-31-13, 3:41 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Arnold2013/ArnoldDanGreen.jpg

Animal Athlete Dan “The Savage” Green is without question one of the greatest all around lifters in the world. With a 2030 lb total at 220 lbs raw with no knee wraps, and an 821 lb sumo deadlift at 220, Green is one of the most impressive, powerfully built, and versatile lifters to hit the scene in years. Training out of California’s Boss Barbell Club, the understated Green plans to let his lifting do all the talking. Coming to Columbus on a mission to raise the profile of powerlifting, when asked about his debut lifting in The Cage, Dan responded,

“Lifting in The Cage puts you in a long line of impressive lifters. It will be great to be a part of that. It brings awareness to people who don't know what kind of lifting really top guys are doing. It's cool to make lifting matter more to people.”

Be there on Saturday, March 2nd as The Savage enter The Cage for the first time, and takes his best shot at a deadlift PR, attempting to pull a massive 850 lbs raw.

Saturday, 3/2/13 at 1:30pm
The CAGE, Booth #419

freighttraindane
01-31-13, 3:47 pm
Oh hell yeah Dan! Can't wait to see this

GUNS
01-31-13, 5:19 pm
Yeah buddy!

Universal Rep
01-31-13, 5:25 pm
We got the Phenom pulling 775 and now The Savage pulling 850??? This is gonna be one crazy ride..

smoothballer
01-31-13, 8:43 pm
Awesome. Not gonna miss this

C.Coronato
02-01-13, 8:47 am
Looking forward to seeing Dan smoke these numbers. Def a HUGE inspiration to me with his numbers and physique. Few weeks bro!!

Altered Beast
02-01-13, 9:11 am
W o w !!!

P Diesel
02-01-13, 10:16 am
ive been wanting to see Dan lift in person for a while. now we all get the front row seat. its things like this that keep me in check as an athlete.

P

warg
02-01-13, 10:38 am
You better record this

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 10:42 am
You better record this

I believe every single event will be professionally recorded this year... Stay tuned.

Altered Beast
02-01-13, 11:08 am
I believe every single event will be professionally recorded this year... Stay tuned.

We will hold you to that =)

Altered Beast
02-01-13, 11:13 am

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:33 am

I said I "believe", haha... No livestream, so they gotta give us sumthin, eh?

BOSS
02-01-13, 11:42 am
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to being there. Should be cool

Universal Rep
02-01-13, 11:47 am

Lookin forward to seein the vids after the event brotha... Good luck.

Altered Beast
02-01-13, 1:32 pm
I said I "believe", haha... No livestream, so they gotta give us sumthin, eh?

LOL, true! I'll be attending this year so watch out =)

Dan, WHEN I see you pull 850 LIVE, I'll go frickin nuts! Your injuries will heal.

skibasgym
02-01-13, 1:43 pm
All the best to the new generation powerlifter.built like a shit brickhouse and cock strong.
skibs
skibasgym

Universal Rep
02-19-13, 1:47 pm
Lookin into a report that DG sustained an injury that will keep him out of the CAGE this year... Will follow up. Bad news tho if true.

Razor
02-20-13, 11:37 am
Lookin into a report that DG sustained an injury that will keep him out of the CAGE this year... Will follow up. Bad news tho if true.

Any update on this Rep?

BOSS
02-21-13, 12:16 pm
Any update on this Rep?

yeah I'm injured

GUNS
02-21-13, 12:58 pm
yeah I'm injured

That shit'll buff out!

Ragin Asian
02-21-13, 2:05 pm
Hope you heal up soon!!!

Universal Rep
02-21-13, 5:40 pm
yeah I'm injured

Sorry to hear that brotha, heal up quick.

In the meantime, see ur slot filled and ur the guest commenter... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40387-BIG-BYRD-Squats-With-No-Hands-The-Sequel

BOSS
02-22-13, 12:16 am
Sorry to hear that brotha, heal up quick.

In the meantime, see ur slot filled and ur the guest commenter... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40387-BIG-BYRD-Squats-With-No-Hands-The-Sequel

Sounds like a plan!

Powerswitch
02-22-13, 8:08 am
Sorry to hear Dan...It is great to hear that the Cage will still be blessed by your presence anyway...Training or no training Sam is one of the best in the world and a true entertainer and champion...Like I have said many times leading up to this year's Cage event, the star power will be untoppable...With Dan still a part and the great Sam Byrd stepping in this "star power" just went up...lol...Man I can't wait to hang with you guys and I am truly honored to be lifting on the same platform as you gentleman...God bless and good luck Sam and Godspeed to your recovery Dan...I look forward to meeting you in the Cage...Bobby "Powerswitch...

naturalguy
02-22-13, 8:28 am
Heal up Dan!!!

Big Byrd
02-23-13, 11:29 pm
Ive Dan lift- crazy strong and getting stronger by the week. Hate to see he is injured. This is a tough sport, but even more so on the guys that do it while staying lean.

P Diesel
02-24-13, 8:29 am
Who knows better about movin massive weight while stayin lean as he'll then Sam Byrd? I agree w Byrd, it's a tough sport and Dan is a tough dude. We've all been there. Best of luck brotha. Lookin forward to meetin ya this weekend

P

Animal
03-06-13, 4:48 pm
Though we didn't get to see you lift, I'm hoping we will in the near future. Good luck with the injury and with getting the gym off the ground.

Ragin Asian
03-06-13, 11:01 pm
Dan is a stand up guy. He is definitely ANIMAL!!! It was so great to meet you and Sparkle in person!!! Even though Dan didn't get to lift because of injury, he was there every day to give advice, tips, and interact with everyone. He is a great ambassador for our sport and for Animal. Every time I walked into the box and even outside of the expo, he was getting his ear pulled to answer questions and help out. Heal up fast Dan!!!! And please give hugs and kisses to Sparkle for us! You guys are great!!!!

BOSS
03-07-13, 12:49 pm
Well thanks guys. This weekend was cool. Meeting everyone was awesome. Watching all my brothers smash some big weights was awesome but also killed me a little inside to be sidelined and not part of the action. Time to get back on the horse

Animal
03-07-13, 12:52 pm
Well thanks guys. This weekend was cool. Meeting everyone was awesome. Watching all my brothers smash some big weights was awesome but also killed me a little inside to be sidelined and not part of the action. Time to get back on the horse

I am personally looking forward to it, Dan.

Ernie Lilliebridge JR
03-07-13, 4:39 pm
It was awesome to hang out with you DAN! Take care my friend and stay Strong!

BOSS
03-08-13, 12:25 am
It was awesome to hang out with you DAN! Take care my friend and stay Strong!

Always great to hang with you and watching you and Eric and Pops lift

BOSS
03-08-13, 12:25 am
I am personally looking forward to it, Dan.

Thanks, me too!

Big Byrd
03-08-13, 10:13 pm

its an ass kicker every year! even when u are in shape it just set the tone for a year of PRs

BOSS
03-09-13, 12:59 am
its an ass kicker every year! even when u are in shape it just set the tone for a year of PRs

I will hold you to that. when are you competing? I still gotta ask about australia also

Big Byrd
03-09-13, 12:34 pm
I will hold you to that. when are you competing? I still gotta ask about australia also

Ill need at leat 10-12 weeks to get numbers back up. Squat and Bench seem to be about 10% off; luckily my DL sucks so bad i havent lost anything on it all. Hard to believe this long of not training, not supplementing, and losing 25 pounds while getting softer and only lost 10% or less on the lifts. Really makes me reconsider how often i really need to lift to maintain or progress.

Im thinking maybe June at 198 depending on what my weight does but dont want to compete again till i can pull over 700. Let me know on Australia really want to make that trip even if just to help you out