PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about the cage

the gift
02-04-13, 6:05 pm
Hey guys new member here. 1st post. Will post an introduction over at the appropriate spot..

I am coming to the Arnold and am very excited, especially to check out the cage and hopefully meet some Universal Pros. Really would love to meet McGrath.

Anyway I love all the Animal gear and was considering ordering some more stuff but thought I would check to see if the regular gear will be at Arnold or if it will all be limited edition stuff. For example would love to get the zip up hoodie but if I could get it at the Cage that would be awesome as I could be sure to get the right size.

Thanks fellas!

B

deanna7272
02-04-13, 6:46 pm
Hey guys new member here. 1st post. Will post an introduction over at the appropriate spot..

I am coming to the Arnold and am very excited, especially to check out the cage and hopefully meet some Universal Pros. Really would love to meet McGrath.

Anyway I love all the Animal gear and was considering ordering some more stuff but thought I would check to see if the regular gear will be at Arnold or if it will all be limited edition stuff. For example would love to get the zip up hoodie but if I could get it at the Cage that would be awesome as I could be sure to get the right size.

Thanks fellas!

B

Welcome and looking forward to meeting ya!!!

They usually bring iconics, hats, supps and the limited edition items... They haven't released a lot of info on what all will be there yet, but I would keep an eye on this section for updates...

http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?125-The-Cage

I'm sure there are other in the know that can give a definitive answer, but I would expect them to have the zip ups there....

Hope that helps!!

GUNS
02-04-13, 7:05 pm
I personally would wait till after you get to the cage! Your most likely going to see alot of gear your going to want to buy! Then when its done, if there was something you didnt get, then you can order.

the gift
02-04-13, 7:13 pm
Awesome! Thanks guys!

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 12:55 pm
I personally would wait till after you get to the cage! Your most likely going to see alot of gear your going to want to buy! Then when its done, if there was something you didnt get, then you can order.

This is sound advice...

Ragin Asian
02-05-13, 1:39 pm
When do you plan on being there? First day of the expo is Friday and that's probably the best time to be at the Cage to scope out what you'd like to get. If you're going to be at the Arnold festival the entire weekend, I'd say Friday is the best day for buying what you see you like. Saturday is the heaviest and most crowded, unfortunately that's when most of the stuff is already bought up. :(

Have you also thought about signing up for the Animal ABC for Saturday evening? Don't know what your schedule looks like for that weekend or what you planned on doing - but that's also the best time to meet the Universal Nutrition and Animal athletes one on one and get a good workout in at the same time. :) I'd recommend being at the Cage the entire weekend during expo hours - lots of exciting events going on in there!!!

the gift
02-05-13, 1:58 pm
Thanks for the replies guys!

Unfortunately I will only be at the expo one day and am leaning towards friday because less crowd.

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 2:22 pm

Unfortunately I will only be at the expo one day and am leaning towards friday because less crowd.

To pick up Gear, Fri is def the best day, esp. if ya wanna avoid havin an item sold out. Plus, smaller crowds...

GUNS
02-05-13, 2:28 pm

There will also be some good things going on on Friday in the Cage!

Aggression
02-05-13, 2:39 pm
Agreed with what others have said. The CAGE offers limited edition gear that you simply cannot get anywhere else. The standard yellow/red iconics will always be around and anyone can buy them. But only those present at The Cage will be able to buy items that will only be for sale during those 3 days. Once the weekend ends, those items will never be available again. Scoop the LE gear.

As for the pullover, we won't be selling them at The Cage. But for reference sake, the zipup is true-to-fit. The pullover runs a bit small. So order a size up in the pullover and your normal size in the zip.

GUNS
02-05-13, 2:43 pm
As for the pullover, we won't be selling them at The Cage. But for reference sake, the zipup is true-to-fit. The pullover runs a bit small. So order a size up in the pullover and your normal size in the zip.

Agg, I found that my zip up was a little small as well, and even more so once I finally wased it! Feel like I should have bought a 2xl when I bought a xl. Ive grown out of it bad now, feel like I could use a 3xl easy now! Just my take!

Aggression
02-05-13, 2:46 pm
Agg, I found that my zip up was a little small as well, and even more so once I finally wased it! Feel like I should have bought a 2xl when I bought a xl. Ive grown out of it bad now, feel like I could use a 3xl easy now! Just my take!

Good to know. I guess it depends on where you are in that size. If you're a bit snug in an XL, get a XXL. If you have lots of room in an XL shirt, an XL zip up should be OK ..

GUNS
02-05-13, 2:51 pm
Good to know. I guess it depends on where you are in that size. If you're a bit snug in an XL, get a XXL. If you have lots of room in an XL shirt, an XL zip up should be OK ..

Yes good point, I was in the upper range of XL when I bought it, I should have went 2XL. My bad totally!

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 3:11 pm
Agreed with what others have said. The CAGE offers limited edition gear that you simply cannot get anywhere else. The standard yellow/red iconics will always be around and anyone can buy them. But only those present at The Cage will be able to buy items that will only be for sale during those 3 days. Once the weekend ends, those items will never be available again. Scoop the LE gear.

Yup, even the classic yellow and red Iconics are a bit different at the CAGE, so tho it might look the same, it wont be, etc.

the gift
02-05-13, 3:14 pm
Awesome! Pumped to get some good gear!

I recently got a red iconic in L but think I need an XL. Will get the same for the zip up.

I also have a flexfit hat. LOVE IT! Found I need a couple though because sweat marks make it unwearable outside of the gym! Will those be there as well?

Looking forward to it! Sign me up for one or two of everything haha

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 3:26 pm
Awesome! Pumped to get some good gear!

I recently got a red iconic in L but think I need an XL. Will get the same for the zip up.

I also have a flexfit hat. LOVE IT! Found I need a couple though because sweat marks make it unwearable outside of the gym! Will those be there as well?

Looking forward to it! Sign me up for one or two of everything haha

Sum fellas measure their progress in terms of these Animal shirts... For example, "Last CAGE, I wuz L, this CAGE Ima wear XL", etc. Nice work brotha, movin up in size. Yup, there will be caps, limited edition of course. Here's how it went down... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40140-Yellow-or-Black-Flexfit-Cap

Remember, cash only.

the gift
02-05-13, 3:32 pm
Sum fellas measure their progress in terms of these Animal shirts... For example, "Last CAGE, I wuz L, this CAGE Ima wear XL", etc. Nice work brotha, movin up in size. Yup, there will be caps, limited edition of course. Here's how it went down... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40140-Yellow-or-Black-Flexfit-Cap

Remember, cash only.

Thanks man! Only been lifting 8 months, never touched a weight before then. Started out 175lbs 12% am about 215 right now and 9-10%. People say I have very good genetics. Seem to build mass quickly.

I want to be in a xxl iconic in a year!

Love the caps! Wear mine everyday! Seriously will get two of every color available!

Razor
02-05-13, 3:38 pm
Bring lots of cash haha.

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 3:39 pm
Bring lots of cash haha.

In a shiny metallic suitcase... With a chain attaching it to ur wrist.

the gift
02-05-13, 3:40 pm
Bring lots of cash haha.

I am having a hard time guessing how much to bring! I guess too much is better than too little!

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 3:41 pm
I am having a hard time guessing how much to bring! I guess too much is better than too little!

Figure a cap is gonna run wut, $15-20? The fellas here would know better. A t-shirt is gonna be $15-20 as well. Plus wutever else is available, like gym bags, etc. Every year I hear folks say how people ask if the shirts are really for sale as other supp companies are givin 'em away. These here shirts have real value, not like the throwaway shirts plugging sum supplement all over the front...

Razor
02-05-13, 3:43 pm
In a shiny metallic suitcase... With a chain attaching it to ur wrist.

hahah and dark sunglasses.

the gift
02-05-13, 3:45 pm
Funny thing because honestly I see my shirt as a right of passage!

I told myself I could not buy one until I earned it. I said 400+ DL and 225 bench for reps. Only then could I buy one. Can't give these away! That is crazy talk!

I wear mine with pride!

Universal Rep
02-05-13, 3:50 pm

I told myself I could not buy one until I earned it. I said 400+ DL and 225 bench for reps. Only then could I buy one. Can't give these away! That is crazy talk!

I wear mine with pride!

Ur not alone brotha. I feel ur gonna fit right in here in the FORVM and in the CAGE on Fri...

Trevino81
02-05-13, 3:54 pm
Figure a cap is gonna run wut, $15-20? The fellas here would know better. A t-shirt is gonna be $15-20 as well. Plus wutever else is available, like gym bags, etc. Every year I hear folks say how people ask if the shirts are really for sale as other supp companies are givin 'em away. These here shirts have real value, not like the throwaway shirts plugging sum supplement all over the front...

Last year the t-shirts and flex hats were $15 each or 2 for $25

the gift
02-05-13, 3:55 pm
Ur not alone brotha. I feel ur gonna fit right in here in the FORVM and in the CAGE on Fri...

Thanks my man! Finally a forum where people actually lift and eat!

deanna7272
02-05-13, 4:49 pm

I wear mine with pride!

This is awesome....

the gift
02-05-13, 4:52 pm
This is awesome....

Thanks man. Took me 8 months from the day I started lifting but i did accomplish it. I bought two red iconics. One as a cutoff and the other to wear around.

deanna7272
02-05-13, 5:04 pm
Thanks man. Took me 8 months from the day I started lifting but i did accomplish it. I bought two red iconics. One as a cutoff and the other to wear around.

Ma'am.. ;-).

I buy multiples also so that I have one for "good" and one for the gym... I STILL can't bring myself to cut my first Animal T...

the gift
02-05-13, 7:25 pm
Ma'am.. ;-).

I buy multiples also so that I have one for "good" and one for the gym... I STILL can't bring myself to cut my first Animal T...

Hey my bad!!

Can't have too many! Can't wait to see the limited edition gear!

Phil800101
02-05-13, 10:53 pm
Keep your eyes on the Forvm as well, there's usually an LE shirt that you can't buy but is given away in exchange for a form. It's like a Cage concert tee, and they'll post the form on here to print out and bring beforehand...they go fast though, last year they were gone each day in a matter of minutes.

Ragin Asian
02-06-13, 8:36 am

I wear mine with pride!

I second Deanna7272 on this one - that is awesome! And only lifting for 8 months?!? Very nice!!

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
02-06-13, 8:48 am

I wear mine with pride!

I gave my cousin an Animal shirt. Waited over a year to wear it... When he felt he was worthy.

the gift
02-06-13, 10:00 am
I gave my cousin an Animal shirt. Waited over a year to wear it... When he felt he was worthy.

Awesome stuff!

Hey quick question for people with the zipups. I am about to order mine.

I am about busting out of my L iconic. I would say I am officially an XL in most shirts. 6ft 215 right now but plan on getting much bigger over the years. Should i go XL or XXL on the zipup. I see it runs small but how small?

If I get an XL and it is too small could I return for xxl?

Thanks!

the gift
02-06-13, 10:01 am
I second Deanna7272 on this one - that is awesome! And only lifting for 8 months?!? Very nice!!

Thank you, thank you! I bust my ass! It is just the beginning! :)

the gift
02-06-13, 12:52 pm
just ordered XL zip up!

Hell ya!

Firefist
02-06-13, 12:59 pm
just ordered XL zip up!

Hell ya!

If its too small bro, just pm corporate for an exchange. They are hella good on that shit. I remember I had to send mine back for a larger size and they had it in the mail for me before I even shipped it back (with a postage sticker that they even paid for). Now thats some good shit right there.

the gift
02-06-13, 1:05 pm
If its too small bro, just pm corporate for an exchange. They are hella good on that shit. I remember I had to send mine back for a larger size and they had it in the mail for me before I even shipped it back (with a postage sticker that they even paid for). Now thats some good shit right there.

Good to hear! This company is the real deal! All I ever hear are positive things.

G Diesel
02-06-13, 1:17 pm
Awesome stuff!

I am about busting out of my L iconic. I would say I am officially an XL in most shirts. 6ft 215 right now but plan on getting much bigger over the years. Should i go XL or XXL on the zipup. I see it runs small but how small?

Thanks!

At 6' and 215, the XL will be snug and the XXL will be a little roomy. Both will fit, but it is a matter of preference.

I'm 5'11", 250 and the XXL fits me well, but I wouldn't mind bigger because I like my sweatshirts a little more on the baggy side.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
02-06-13, 1:20 pm
Awesome stuff!

Thanks!

I actually wear both the XL and 2XL. Im 5'6" 225 (offseason) and I like the way the 2XL fits.

For you, I saw 2XL.