PDA

View Full Version : what to add next

hard01foru
02-12-13, 9:26 pm
A few years ago i took stak,mstak, and torrent. I will say i did get the best results i have ever had. Then because of a lifestyle change, job, schedule etc I quit
working out on a regular basis. I'm back and ready to reach my next plateu. I will be taking stack,mstack and torrent again but can't figure out what i should
add to it ( the next most benificial thing). I was hoping a few of you well versed gents would know. Keep in mind adding size is second to definition for me. I like gains but not at the expense of lossing too much . should i be looking at pump,aminos,shock therapy or something else ?

SailinScotty
02-12-13, 9:32 pm
I'd look at Nitro.

Firefist
02-12-13, 9:43 pm
I feel it is often said, but rarely listen too, but the most important advice we can offer you is to make sure your diet is in check. Every supplement you choose to take will work for you, only if your foundation is solid, and that all begins with food. Even moreso than training, food is what separates normal and the elite. So if youre up to it, post your diet up and the fellas can definitely throw some pointers out for ya.

With that being said, I love a good pre-workout and my first option is Rage. The shits toast. Shock therapy is also a great product, and the new peach tea flavor is bomb as fuck.

Good luck brotha.

SailinScotty
02-12-13, 9:48 pm
I feel it is often said, but rarely listen too, but the most important advice we can offer you is to make sure your diet is in check. Every supplement you choose to take will work for you, only if your foundation is solid, and that all begins with food. Even moreso than training, food is what separates normal and the elite. So if youre up to it, post your diet up and the fellas can definitely throw some pointers out for ya.

With that being said, I love a good pre-workout and my first option is Rage. The shits toast. Shock therapy is also a great product, and the new peach tea flavor is bomb as fuck.

Good luck brotha.

Very good point. Get your diet setup first then add supps.

korn_fed
02-12-13, 10:46 pm
A few years ago i took stak,mstak, and torrent. I will say i did get the best results i have ever had. Then because of a lifestyle change, job, schedule etc I quit
working out on a regular basis. I'm back and ready to reach my next plateu. I will be taking stack,mstack and torrent again but can't figure out what i should
add to it ( the next most benificial thing). I was hoping a few of you well versed gents would know. Keep in mind adding size is second to definition for me. I like gains but not at the expense of lossing too much . should i be looking at pump,aminos,shock therapy or something else ?

Good luck brotha.

Very good point. Get your diet setup first then add supps.

As stated, diet is key. Assuming you have that under wraps, I don't see you saying anything about taking Animal Pak... this is a must. It should be at the top of your priorities list. Nutrient partitioning, increased protein uptake and synthesis, clean energy throughout the day, aminos, the list goes on. Just by taking one pak a day, you will see that your workouts are much more efficient and you generally feel better, both in and out of the gym. The next step would most likely be establishing a solid preworkout. My preferred combo is shock therapy/pump (most people will say to remove the red stim pill from the pump if you're taking it in conjunction with another preworkout, I leave it in because I'm extremely stim tolerant). With that combo, not only will you get crazy skin-splitting pumps and some nice vasculariy, but you'll also find that you can establish a greater mind-muscle connection because of the awesome pumps... it's great stuff. Generally people will say get a protein powder as well; the only reason that I'm leaving that off of my list is because I ran out of protein a few months ago and have been eating a whole food meal in place of the general post workout protein powder, and I've been finding that I stay fuller after my workout and actually have better recovery when eating whole food meals as opposed to a protein shake. I'll usually have 10 oz of chicken breast (chicken is preferred here because thers no fat, meaning the digestion of the protein is faster than if you were eating, say, steak, because fat slows digestion) and a mix of brown rice and a banana or two depending on the day (simple carbs from the banana to get that insulin spike to deliver the protein to the muscles faster & the potassium from the banana helps with muscle cramps, and the brown rice for the added calories [Im on a bulk right now])

Razor
02-13-13, 9:12 am
Unless you forgot it, i would definitely say Pak should be a staple in that regimen. Also i completely agree with the diet part. Make sure that's on point. In my opinion you're taking some amazing stuff already. If you really felt you needed that extra push Nitro post for sure. I do 2 packs immediately post, right before cardio.

hard01foru
02-13-13, 4:45 pm
I'd look at Nitro.

as a matter of fact i just ordered that, it had been so long ago that i forgot that i used it, i added it at the very end when the real results came. Being that they're aminos they help me for not having to force myself to eat, thanks for jogging my brain.

hard01foru
02-13-13, 4:55 pm
as a matter of fact i just ordered that, it had been so long ago that i forgot that i used it, i added it at the very end when the real results came. Being that they're aminos they help me for not having to force myself to eat, thanks for jogging my brain.

i totally value all your advice first off. I left pak out because i'm inclined to forget that i consider it a part of my diet, with or without training, like food i don't think of it as an" extra". Yes my diet is strict, i know that exact amount of pro/carbs/fat a person my size should have. I actually was using a scale at one piont to weight out my food, don't do that anymore but have a reflex to look at nutrition info on everything to stay in the ballpark, can't remember the last time i had ice cream.. The only problem is i still have to force it down, so sometimes it's a battle i know the balances are right for what i do eat. i like the pump/ shock therapy combo idea, i'll try that closer to swimsuit season.