PDA

View Full Version : Fat gripz???

kcburrows
02-13-13, 8:51 am
So i have seen posts left and right on various places about people training with fat gripz. didnt know if anyone has got them or used them. wanted to get some feedback. Arms are my weakest body part but i've heard you get a killer pump using these things. just curious...

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
02-13-13, 8:52 am
So i have seen posts left and right on various places about people training with fat gripz. didnt know if anyone has got them or used them. wanted to get some feedback. Arms are my weakest body part but i've heard you get a killer pump using these things. just curious...

I know our canadian buddy AV is a fan.

Bruiser
02-13-13, 9:14 am
Fat Gripz are awesome! The help in so many ways. I use them for strength training because they cause you to use so many more muscles. And yes, they get you pumped to holy hell.

Aggression
02-13-13, 9:21 am
Definitely a cool piece of equipment. I use them on anything at random times; rows, curls, presses, etc. No rhyme or reason. But they provide a different feel and they engage more/different muscles.

C.Coronato
02-13-13, 9:22 am
Ive heard mixed, personally I would like to give them a try for myself!

rbowman91
02-13-13, 9:31 am
got a killer forearm pump from them and felt like more muscles of the arms were engaged.

however i definitley couldn't train as heavy as i normally do (due to more emphasis being put on gripping the weights harder), so i had to get flexible with how i was training.

deanna7272
02-13-13, 10:15 am
I started using the Fat Gripz to try to improve my grip strength... Holy hell... I have only incorporated them in some of my rows and bicep work, but they ROCK my forearms...lol. They are definitely an ego buster also having to lighten up the weight because of the feel of the grip... I have noticed that I am lasting for more sets on back days without having to wrap or change grips, but as with anything, I know it takes time....

I will have mine at the Arnold, you are MORE than welcome to try them.... Just say the word if anyone wants to give them a whirl... ((I know that Big C was contemplating and I'm taking them to the Akron ABC for him to demo))...

Firefist
02-13-13, 10:20 am
I will have mine at the Arnold, you are MORE than welcome to try them.... Just say the word if anyone wants to give them a whirl... ((I know that Big C was contemplating and I'm taking them to the Akron ABC for him to demo))...

i'll be in line to try em as well haha

deanna7272
02-13-13, 10:23 am
i'll be in line to try em as well haha

You bet...

IronWilson
02-13-13, 10:33 am
Fat Gripz are one of the best training tools I have ever purchased. They were a big part of relieving my bout with bicep tendonitis, (They engage a lot of stabilizers and more muscles that need strengthening that you may not be able to target easily) and they are an easy way to incorporate grip training without having to do additional exercises.

I often use them when building up to my heavy sets of benching, because it is easier on my shoulders. And then, when you get a regular bar in your hand, you will drive that mofo up with so much more power. So if you're going for a lot of reps, Fat Gripz can relieve some of some pain if you have bad shoulders. If your gym does not have a thick/fat bar, Fat Gripz are a cheap way to incorporate that kind of tool into your training.

I'm not being paid to post this or anything, I just have to give credit where credit is due. I'm considering getting the Fat Gripz Extreme that are 2.75 inch in diameter, but I'm not sure how I would incorporate something that thick into my training. But yeah, they are awesome.

kcburrows
02-15-13, 10:09 am
I started using the Fat Gripz to try to improve my grip strength... Holy hell... I have only incorporated them in some of my rows and bicep work, but they ROCK my forearms...lol. They are definitely an ego buster also having to lighten up the weight because of the feel of the grip... I have noticed that I am lasting for more sets on back days without having to wrap or change grips, but as with anything, I know it takes time....

Thanks D i appreciate it, i will def have to hop in line to try them!!!!

kcburrows
02-15-13, 10:11 am
Fat Gripz are one of the best training tools I have ever purchased. They were a big part of relieving my bout with bicep tendonitis, (They engage a lot of stabilizers and more muscles that need strengthening that you may not be able to target easily) and they are an easy way to incorporate grip training without having to do additional exercises.

I often use them when building up to my heavy sets of benching, because it is easier on my shoulders. And then, when you get a regular bar in your hand, you will drive that mofo up with so much more power. So if you're going for a lot of reps, Fat Gripz can relieve some of some pain if you have bad shoulders. If your gym does not have a thick/fat bar, Fat Gripz are a cheap way to incorporate that kind of tool into your training.

I'm not being paid to post this or anything, I just have to give credit where credit is due. I'm considering getting the Fat Gripz Extreme that are 2.75 inch in diameter, but I'm not sure how I would incorporate something that thick into my training. But yeah, they are awesome.

thanks man. i have do actually have some shoulder pain from my baseball career, i think its safe to say i will be grabbin a pair hopefully there selling them at the A if not, i know Antoine has his signature series ones

Julian484
02-15-13, 12:29 pm
I own a pair, they work on pretty much everything, and I love them. The description off the website is true, you will notice the difference immediately. Your body calls upon so much more when using these. There is not too much to say without it all being personal experience, but in the end, it was worth the $30-40 and I have spent 30-40 on some dumb shit too. Hope this helps, just my $0.02

SailinScotty
02-15-13, 12:32 pm
They are a great tool to have in the bag. I've been using them off and on for a few months now. As Deanna said lasting longer without changing grip is true. My grip has vastly improved. Keep an eye out at elitefts.com as they pop up on sale every so often.

D-NUTZ
02-15-13, 1:29 pm
Check out Grip4orce too.

They aren't as big as fat grips, but they force you to hold the gripper shut or they will come off.