PDA

View Full Version : PROMO: Train with the Animals

Aggression
02-15-13, 11:10 am
Train With The Animals...

Back my popular demand, this is going down again this year, 2013.

If you want to train with any one of the Animals, post here, tell us who you choose and why. The better your response, the better your chance of being chosen. We've signed a bunch of elite powerlifters as of late, so take advantage of a chance to pick their brain and increase your own PRs.

In years past, a week or so out from The Cage, the boys will choose from the respective entries where they are selected. The event will be held at Metro Fitness in Columbus at the National ABC event on Saturday, March 2, 7pm. In order to participate, your name must be on the official list here: National ABC Event (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40123-National-ABC-Metro-Fitness-%28Columbus-OH%29-3-2-13).

ATHLETES
- Evan Centopani (Ox)
- Erik Fankhouser (The House)
- Frank McGrath (Wrath)
- Dan Green (GreenAndDan)
- Marshall Johnson (Freakshowelite)
- Garrett Griffin (GUNZ504)
- Brent Willis (brentwillbgw)
- Al Fortney (BigAl)
- Ben Seath (SEATH308)
- Grant Higa (HIGA Monster)
- Patrick Raquet (P Diesel)
- G Diesel

Also, special guests from Universal
- Vinny Galanti
- Josh Halladay
- C.Coronato
- Nick Lepore

Bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongman. Whatever your pleasure. The Animal Crew will pick the best entries.

------------------------
ATHLETES WHO CHOSE THEIR WINNERS
- Frank 'Wrath' McGrath - mulisha
- Garrett 'GUNZ504' Griffin - DMAN
- Ben 'Seath308' Seath - twoheadedboy
- G Diesel - BringTheCarnage
- Marshall 'Freakshowelite' Johnson - Trebin
- C.Coronato - Flash419/jdarren7
- Evan 'Ox' Centopani - D-NUTZ
- BigAl/P.Diesel - Guns and son
- Josh Halladay - tark
- Erik 'The House' Fankhouser - ThunderChicken
- Grant 'HIGA MONSTER' Higa - Bcast

freighttraindane
02-15-13, 11:13 am
Nice work Aggs, been hoping this goes down again this year. Amazing experience to train amongst the best in the business

Universal Rep
02-15-13, 11:38 am
Nice work Aggs, been hoping this goes down again this year. Amazing experience to train amongst the best in the business

The TWA is an ABC institution brotha...

GUNS
02-15-13, 12:48 pm
I would like to get my son, SwolKicker and I hooked up with BigAl or P Diesel! I want to get him the same great time I had when I made my way up to the DE ABC. The kid has been in school getting his degree and has not had the chance to make it away from down here to get a chance to train with some of the heavy hitters. So to get him hooked up, would make this dad a happy camper! This will be more for him than me! He didnt get an intern spot, so this would be amazing for him!

Universal Rep
02-15-13, 12:52 pm
I would like to get my son, SwolKicker and I hooked up with BigAl or P Diesel! I want to get him the same great time I had when I made my way up to the DE ABC. The kid has been in school getting his degree and has not had the chance to make it away from down here to get a chance to train with some of the heavy hitters. So to get him hooked up, would make this dad a happy camper! This will be more for him than me! He didnt get an intern spot, so this would be amazing for him!

U cant write an entry for ur son. Just sayin, haha.

GUNS
02-15-13, 12:54 pm
U cant write an entry for ur son. Just sayin, haha.

Well, me and my son will be training together! LOL! So I would like to train with them! Hahaha!

Universal Rep
02-15-13, 12:58 pm
Well, me and my son will be training together! LOL! So I would like to train with them! Hahaha!

... And for his pick, GUNS chooses swolkicker...

Hahahah.

GUNS
02-15-13, 12:59 pm
... And for his pick, GUNS chooses swolkicker...

Hahahah.
Nice!

Kowboy
02-15-13, 1:07 pm
I would love to train with Marshall Johnson or Dan Green. I have been really struggling with the deadlift this last year. I have even spoke with Marshall through his thread and I am taking his advice. I would love to have the opportunity to have either one of them show me the ropes on the deadlift and help me get back to making progress. I am stuck at 500 and have been for a while. To me this would be a great place to learn from either one of these amazing lifters. I follow both of their threads and feel that there is a lot I can learn. Plus being a taller lifter I think I may be approaching the lifts wrong all together.

D-NUTZ
02-15-13, 1:19 pm
I wanna train with Evan because he loves me.

C.Coronato
02-15-13, 2:38 pm
Always a good time!

TrapHouse
02-15-13, 2:41 pm
It would be an Honor to train with "THE HOUSE". The reason I am choosing Erik is because he has been my inspiration from the beginning to train and I use his workouts all the time and there the shit. He is very family orientated and pretty cool I hear from Chase Browning and hopefully getting this onetime chance in a lifetime will get my foot in the door to be apart of the animal team in the future.

Razor
02-15-13, 3:40 pm
Man all the Animals and you get some Universal fellas too!

mulisha
02-15-13, 5:29 pm
a long time ago after my first visit the the cage wen i was beening pushed around in my wheel chair i got my jornial and from page one to the last i was hooked.the truth being told to me threw the pages was a eye opener.i saw wat could be acheved with hard work and knolage that at the end of the day this guy in these pages was the only freaind i needed and for years to come to watch the rise of wrath was amazing i fealt like i was along for the ride.that this guy was my super hero and his costume that yello animal tee.and wen i put mine on i was just as big an just as strong to sit at the gym look up and see my self and say yea i no why im hear why every fri night wile every one els is drinking this is wear i wana be then to find out that behind the camera this man was just as nice and caring as the next was the iceing on the cake to get a chance to work the cage amazing to get a pic with wrath amazing but to train with him would be somthing i would tell my grandkids about somthing i would carry with me for my life time this would be so amazing i really cant expres in this post wat meeting his would mean to me

Phil800101
02-15-13, 5:43 pm
Awesome promo.

I was one of the lucky winners the first year they did this, way back when in 2008. I hit up chest with G-Diesel and my boy Josh (Standing_Guard), and besides learning a shit ton I had an awesome time that I will never forget.

Mind you, I was (and still am) comparatively weak upper-body wise, especially for my size. Didn't fucking matter one bit. My point is, if you are at all intimidated or afraid, don't be. You will learn a lot, and have fun doing so. It really and truly is an unforgettable experience.

Kowboy
02-15-13, 6:11 pm
Awesome promo.

I was one of the lucky winners the first year they did this, way back when in 2008. I hit up chest with G-Diesel and my boy Josh (Standing_Guard), and besides learning a shit ton I had an awesome time that I will never forget.

Mind you, I was (and still am) comparatively weak upper-body wise, especially for my size. Didn't fucking matter one bit. My point is, if you are at all intimidated or afraid, don't be. You will learn a lot, and have fun doing so. It really and truly is an unforgettable experience.

I agree, last year when doing deads w/ Higa and the boys we had a hell of a lot of guys stop by. They treated us all the same, this group here is really a great group of pro's.

tark
02-15-13, 8:42 pm
hell i figured i got picked to intern so i might as well give the train with a pro a shot too.....i would like to train with j. halladay...saw him bench his bodyweight at the cage last year and homie is fucking legit....been watching videos here and there with him on youtube and just really dig his work ethic and plus hes already shit talking for the bros vs pros at the cage and whats not to like about that....if i get the oppurtunity to train with halladay would be nice to gain some knowledge and to get a kick ass training sesh in

Jason_NPC_Natural
02-16-13, 10:51 pm
I would consider it an honor to train with Evan Centopani. I am an NPC competitor and would feel blessed at the opportunity to train side by side with the OX. I'm a huge fan of his work ethic, and training style. I read his column first in MD every month, and watch all of Evan's training videos. I have been down a bit lately because of a few injuries ive suffered in the last couple of months during my hard an heavy off season, seaperated shoulder, a fantastic case of tendinitis, etc. I've been working around them and for the most part they are on the mend, but you guys know how deppressing it is with an injury holding you back. I know that a day in the gym with one of my favorite bodybuilders would be just what I need to re light the fire, and shake off the ol' injury blues.

Thunder Chicken
02-17-13, 12:01 am
i wanna get the chance to train with The House! i have been at ABC around Erik but never really got in a workout with him, Me and Little Z will be bringing it to the ABC and we both would love to throw down with The House!

bigkahuna08
02-17-13, 12:44 pm
I would like to train with Evan to get his insight on bodybuilding. I did my first competition last year and got hooked. I want to get his philosophy and ideology on training, nutrition, and day today life. It would truly be an honor to train under one of the most humble and respectable bodybuilders in the sport.

The House
02-17-13, 8:44 pm
i have had some good times at the arnold abc events i cant wait to take part again this year.

Bcast
02-18-13, 10:36 am
First let me just say that this is such a great opportunity for the members of the forum, and that im stoked to have the chance to participate this year! I would like to train with ANY of the Animal Powerlifters. Legs have always been one of my weakpoints since tearing my ACL in college. I could never quite get them to develop the way some of my other body parts have. Although i have no powerlifting experience, i know that having the opportunity to work with any of them (Higa, Seath, Johnson, etc.) will not only be a great learning experience, but will also be a true inspiration. I would never consider myself a particularly strong guy, which is why it may seem odd that i am requesting the help of expert powerlifters. But with all their knowledge and experience, I am sure i will be able to take a lot of what can be learned and apply it to my leg training to help me break the mental and physical plateaus that i seem to face so frequently on my leg days! I am truly stoked to finally attend the Arnold and participate in the Cage and ABC events in Ohio! It will surely be memorable experience for me regardless.

- NJ Animal: Bcast

Seath308
02-18-13, 1:17 pm
First let me just say that this is such a great opportunity for the members of the forum, and that im stoked to have the chance to participate this year! I would like to train with ANY of the Animal Powerlifters. Legs have always been one of my weakpoints since tearing my ACL in college. I could never quite get them to develop the way some of my other body parts have. Although i have no powerlifting experience, i know that having the opportunity to work with any of them (Higa, Seath, Johnson, etc.) will not only be a great learning experience, but will also be a true inspiration. I would never consider myself a particularly strong guy, which is why it may seem odd that i am requesting the help of expert powerlifters. But with all their knowledge and experience, I am sure i will be able to take a lot of what can be learned and apply it to my leg training to help me break the mental and physical plateaus that i seem to face so frequently on my leg days! I am truly stoked to finally attend the Arnold and participate in the Cage and ABC events in Ohio! It will surely be memorable experience for me regardless.

You should have seen the Squat and Deadlift Session we had going on last year(Ed Coan, Stan Efferding, Justin Randle, Higa Monster, freighttraindane ect. ect.! ) This year is only going to be better

D-NUTZ
02-18-13, 1:42 pm

This is a dead serious post, I seriously want to train with Evan lol.

kcburrows
02-18-13, 2:05 pm
hell i figured i got picked to intern so i might as well give the train with a pro a shot too.....i would like to train with j. halladay...saw him bench his bodyweight at the cage last year and homie is fucking legit....been watching videos here and there with him on youtube and just really dig his work ethic and plus hes already shit talking for the bros vs pros at the cage and whats not to like about that....if i get the oppurtunity to train with halladay would be nice to gain some knowledge and to get a kick ass training sesh in

that was tyhe sickest shit at the cage, youtube it if you havent seen it its incredible!!!

kcburrows
02-18-13, 2:17 pm
Evan is the animal i would love to train with! Evan is such a beast, in and out of the gym and the knowledge this guy brings to the table is unreal. He is not one of these guys who throws weight around in the gym and whoops got big...Evan know HOW to lift and work each muscle as do all the other animals on the list, with Evan though i can relate so well, because we had practically the same body structure growing up, we both were fat kids growing up who got skinny and now im trying to get big but battling the fears of being that fat kid again when bulking, is one of my biggest struggles in my journey. And i would love to pick his brain about that! Plus im the kind of guy who loves to get destroyed and push the my utmost limits...and i know Evan wont hesistate to push me to the max while learning different aspects to the game as well!!! Evan is such a class act and it would be an honor to train with him!

Bcast
02-18-13, 2:22 pm
You should have seen the Squat and Deadlift Session we had going on last year(Ed Coan, Stan Efferding, Justin Randle, Higa Monster, freighttraindane ect. ect.! ) This year is only going to be better

I can only imagine brotha! It would be an honor to partake in this year's throwdown

freighttraindane
02-18-13, 3:29 pm

This was an amazing experience to say the least

Kowboy
02-18-13, 6:30 pm

Byrd was over there and a couple others, it was pretty bad ass.

Dman
02-19-13, 5:06 am
It would be simply Incredible if I got the chance to train with Garrett "Gunz" Griffin watched the Raw bench video under training and said to myself damn thats how I wanna bench and I'm aiming on the raw side too. Just gettn into more of the powerlifting style training and realy wanna jack my bench press up hell who wouldn't lolz so given this great opportunity a shot!!

ECEmajor
02-19-13, 9:18 am
I would greatly appreciate a chance to train with Evan. There are several reasons that I am making this request:

1) I respect how humble Evan is, and I feel like he wouldn't judge someone based on their experience or knowledge level. He has a lot to offer, and I would be honored to learn from him.

2) I want to know more about his opinions on nutrition; not just dieting but overall health. After watching a few videos featuring Evan, I was left wanting to know more about his personal opinions on overall health and well-being.

Thank you for your consideration.

Shukin
02-19-13, 9:29 am
Train With The Animals...

Back my popular demand, this is going down again this year, 2013.

If you want to train with any one of the Animals, post here, tell us who you choose and why. The better your response, the better your chance of being chosen. We've signed a bunch of elite powerlifters as of late, so take advantage of a chance to pick their brain and increase your own PRs.

In years past, a week or so out from The Cage, the boys will choose from the respective entries where they are selected. The event will be held at Metro Fitness in Columbus at the National ABC event on Saturday, March 2, 7pm. In order to participate, your name must be on the official list here: National ABC Event (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?40123-National-ABC-Metro-Fitness-%28Columbus-OH%29-3-2-13).

ATHLETES
- Evan Centopani (Ox)
- Erik Fankhouser (The House)
- Frank McGrath (Wrath)
- Dan Green (GreenAndDan)
- Marshall Johnson (Freakshowelite)
- Garrett Griffin (GUNZ504)
- Brent Willis (brentwillbgw)
- Al Fortney (BigAl)
- Ben Seath (SEATH308)
- Grant Higa (HIGA Monster)
- Patrick Raquet (P Diesel)
- G Diesel
- Anthony Serafin (Enforcer)

Also, special guests from Universal
- Vinny Galanti
- Josh Halladay
- C.Coronato
- Nick Lepore

Bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongman. Whatever your pleasure. The Animal Crew will pick the best entries.

Too many choices, how does one choose..........?

twoheadedboy
02-19-13, 11:21 am
Last year was my first Arnold, and I was focused, almost solely, on the deadlift...after a back injury the previous year and 6 months of rest/chiro/rehab, I spent the last 3 months before the Arnold building up from scratch to pull 315 on my 3rd shot at it at the National ABC with the guidance of a few powerful new friends, including Higa and Seath. I tweaked my back a little again on a failed new 1RM attempt recently (though still managed to pull 225 for 15 afterward) but have learned throughout the year that I don't have to deadlift to improve my deadlift...I just have to squat a lot. I ran a Smolov mesocycle and once I recovered, found my back was in better shape than ever, with new PR's of 335x1 and 315x3 at a deficit. I recently hit a new PR of 275 on squats and want to get better...who better than Ben Seath yet again to work on this lift? I have immense respect for Ben's squat accomplishments and technique and would be thrilled to work with him again this year on this lift. Barring that, ANY Animal athlete (especially on the strength side) would certainly have wisdom to provide me, so I'm not going to be picky. All I know is I'm going to be squatting Saturday night, maybe even putting up three bills?

One thing's for sure, the National ABC is the pinnacle of the whole weekend to me, and it's going to be a blast no matter what goes down.

freighttraindane
02-21-13, 2:55 pm
I have learned so much at these train with a pros. I would love to get some real advice on my deadlifting form from one of the pros. I attempted to do this last year, but I got wrapped up in my squat, and although it was awesome, I didn't get the form help i needed to improve my weakest lift. I would love the chance to train with someone like Marshall Johnson, Ben Seath, or Higa, but this time with a large focus on the deadlift. I would like to specify one person, but I don't know what all of the pros are planning on training on Saturday. so if one or more than one of the pros like last year are up for a deadlift session on Saturday. I would welcome the opportunity to learn!!

J.Halladay
02-21-13, 4:18 pm
Had an awesome workout last year at this event, looking forward to another good one this year!

Ox
02-21-13, 4:49 pm

This is true!

Ox
02-21-13, 4:54 pm
I'm really looking forward to this. Keep in mind, anyone who trains with me will be required to do round after round of quarter turns and mandatories in their posing trunks in front of the whole gym! Gonna be a blast!

Universal Rep
02-21-13, 4:55 pm
I'm really looking forward to this. Keep in mind, anyone who trains with me will be required to do round after round of quarter turns and mandatories in their posing trunks in front of the whole gym! Gonna be a blast!

Pics or it didnt happen...

Wrath
02-21-13, 5:26 pm
a long time ago after my first visit the the cage wen i was beening pushed around in my wheel chair i got my jornial and from page one to the last i was hooked.the truth being told to me threw the pages was a eye opener.i saw wat could be acheved with hard work and knolage that at the end of the day this guy in these pages was the only freaind i needed and for years to come to watch the rise of wrath was amazing i fealt like i was along for the ride.that this guy was my super hero and his costume that yello animal tee.and wen i put mine on i was just as big an just as strong to sit at the gym look up and see my self and say yea i no why im hear why every fri night wile every one els is drinking this is wear i wana be then to find out that behind the camera this man was just as nice and caring as the next was the iceing on the cake to get a chance to work the cage amazing to get a pic with wrath amazing but to train with him would be somthing i would tell my grandkids about somthing i would carry with me for my life time this would be so amazing i really cant expres in this post wat meeting his would mean to me

Awesome man I'm down to train

brentwillisbgw
02-21-13, 5:56 pm
Very cool!

brunos400ex
02-21-13, 7:51 pm
If chosen I would love the opportunity to train with the legend from the Animal advertisements Frank McGrath. After first seeing him on the cover of Flex he has become one of my favorite bodybuilders and motivators. I think it’s truly amazing that he was able to make a comeback after everything he’s been through with tearing his tricep and then the car accident. I got a picture with him last year at the Arnold and he seemed like any normal person and was really cool. One of my lagging body parts is arms, who better to train arms with than Frank! I would like to have the honor of training with him and learning more about bodybuilding from diet to training. Even if not with him I would be down to train with any of the Animals!

Kowboy
02-21-13, 8:25 pm
Awesome man I'm down to train

That is what it is all about!

Vinny G
02-21-13, 8:58 pm
The National ABC is always a blast of a time, i'll be in the house!

nicklepore
02-21-13, 10:26 pm

LMAO

Seath308
02-21-13, 10:56 pm
Last year was my first Arnold, and I was focused, almost solely, on the deadlift...after a back injury the previous year and 6 months of rest/chiro/rehab, I spent the last 3 months before the Arnold building up from scratch to pull 315 on my 3rd shot at it at the National ABC with the guidance of a few powerful new friends, including Higa and Seath. I tweaked my back a little again on a failed new 1RM attempt recently (though still managed to pull 225 for 15 afterward) but have learned throughout the year that I don't have to deadlift to improve my deadlift...I just have to squat a lot. I ran a Smolov mesocycle and once I recovered, found my back was in better shape than ever, with new PR's of 335x1 and 315x3 at a deficit. I recently hit a new PR of 275 on squats and want to get better...who better than Ben Seath yet again to work on this lift? I have immense respect for Ben's squat accomplishments and technique and would be thrilled to work with him again this year on this lift. Barring that, ANY Animal athlete (especially on the strength side) would certainly have wisdom to provide me, so I'm not going to be picky. All I know is I'm going to be squatting Saturday night, maybe even putting up three bills?

One thing's for sure, the National ABC is the pinnacle of the whole weekend to me, and it's going to be a blast no matter what goes down.

Lets do this man. Give me your best and ill get you PR's!

twoheadedboy
02-21-13, 11:06 pm
Hell yeah. I've been utilizing a slower speed on heavier stuff, maybe I should try having depth called on a PR attempt, meet-style?

Looking forward to this!

BTW - Did you get my msg (FB) about the shoes and shirt? (esp. the former) Lemmie know the deets when you have a sec...

BringTheCarnage
02-22-13, 12:03 am
I would like to train with G Diesel at the ABC this year, because he's always been kind to everyone and makes you feel welcome no matter how busy he is. He trains hard everytime ive seen him workout and would love to pick his brain about a few training metrhods Im considering to prepare for my first bodybuilding show but still holding on to strength to power lift with while I bulk this year coming up. Having so much on my plate between work,school,training and semi-pro football I can use some of the legendary words of wisdom G always seems to always have to motivate me.

thanks for the consideration and ill see everyone thursday night! Metro Fitness!!

PITBULL
02-22-13, 1:38 am
Cant make the Arnold due to military commitments. Anyway we can do this promo again for those not able to make the cage?

twoheadedboy
02-22-13, 1:57 am
Cant make the Arnold due to military commitments. Anyway we can do this promo again for those not able to make the cage?

The whole promo is about being at the Arnold with the athletes, so unless they create a new promo to fly them out to your gym, it's not possible :)

PITBULL
02-22-13, 2:25 am
The whole promo is about being at the Arnold with the athletes, so unless they create a new promo to fly them out to your gym, it's not possible :)

Hence why I asked to do the promo again after the Arnold.

twoheadedboy
02-22-13, 2:42 am
I don't think you're getting it. The athletes to be selected are already AT the Arnold. This promo is for regular schmoes like you and me, who are also attending the Arnold, and the winners will get to train personally with the athlete of their choice at the National ABC (not just be in their presence, which anyone attending the National ABC can do). The National ABC and the Arnold are an annual, only in Columbus thing so this promo can't be repeated. I tried to make light of the idea of them flying athletes all over the country/world for personal training sessions but apparently you took me seriously...that's not going to happen, it would cost thousands of dollars.

I was a winner last year, so instead of merely walking around with my thumb up my butt or training with other regular forum members, I got personalized interaction and instruction from Ben Seath and Grant Higa (amongst others).

If I'm totally missing the boat here and you're just saying "do Train With The Animals again at the 2014" then disregard, and I'm sure they will...but otherwise, there's nothing in this promo that can be repeated, except maybe at the Olympia.

PITBULL
02-22-13, 3:27 am
I don't think you're getting it. The athletes to be selected are already AT the Arnold. This promo is for regular schmoes like you and me, who are also attending the Arnold, and the winners will get to train personally with the athlete of their choice at the National ABC (not just be in their presence, which anyone attending the National ABC can do). The National ABC and the Arnold are an annual, only in Columbus thing so this promo can't be repeated. I tried to make light of the idea of them flying athletes all over the country/world for personal training sessions but apparently you took me seriously...that's not going to happen, it would cost thousands of dollars.

I was a winner last year, so instead of merely walking around with my thumb up my butt or training with other regular forum members, I got personalized interaction and instruction from Ben Seath and Grant Higa (amongst others).

If I'm totally missing the boat here and you're just saying "do Train With The Animals again at the 2014" then disregard, and I'm sure they will...but otherwise, there's nothing in this promo that can be repeated, except maybe at the Olympia.

I get fully what the promo is about and know when and where the National ABC and Arnold is and when. There are ABC and other lifting events that the athletes attend as well not just the Arnold and Olympia. And this is Universal Animal we are talking about. No other brand out there cares more about and gives back to the people that live and die by their brand. To think that they couldn't do another lift with an Animal/Universal athlete promotion in the U.S is absurd. You took me saying it as if its something I asked from them to do all the time. Congratulations on winning last year and good for you. The Olympia is another chance yes and one that I too thought about. I left the question as plain as possible for those who actually have the power to make such decisions or put such decisions in motion to answer in hope of reply. But thanks for your two cents anyway.

Seath308
02-22-13, 3:47 am
Hell yeah. I've been utilizing a slower speed on heavier stuff, maybe I should try having depth called on a PR attempt, meet-style?

Looking forward to this!

BTW - Did you get my msg (FB) about the shoes and shirt? (esp. the former) Lemmie know the deets when you have a sec...

Sounds good. We will treat it like a meet, ill take you through warm ups, plan your squat opener (1st attempt) and have you take 3 attempts just like at a meet. Also Hit Depth Ill red light your ass; )

Also Do you wear Knee Wraps or Knee sleeves?

Hit me up on FB again.... HIGA has been flooding my inbox with all these Bukake videos so sometimes I miss messages.

What is your best 1 rep and 3 rep max on squat? What would be a soild goal for you to hit on Saturday at The ABC. (At least 15 lbs over PR Think Big Always.)

twoheadedboy
02-22-13, 4:05 am
My recent new 1RM was 275, but it was probably a little high. Then again, when I'm not squatting with a box, I'm going pretty far below parallel, so who knows.
I recently tripled 245, 235 for 5, 225 for 6 (different workouts). My best squat day ever was at the end of my attempt at a Smolov base mesocycle when I hit 240 for 7 sets of 5, but I wasn't able to hit any decent weight again after that for over a month.
I should also mention that I have a history of low back issues, but more related to the deadlift, and tweaked it a bit on a missed max attempt about a month ago, and retweaked it a couple of days ago. It should be fine to squat though, just uncomfortable to sit or bend over haha!

Skulll
02-22-13, 5:16 am
Hi F O R V M community,

I would love to train with the legendary:

"The Animal" Frank "Wrath" McGrath

Reasons:

- Frank, for what I have seen, is humble, and I think he has a lot to teach me, not only in bodybuilding but also in life. It would be a life changing experience.

- "Wrath" makes me stay motivated, even with all the problems he had, he continued pursuing his dream and his lifestyle.

- Frank has the ideal body for me... Someday I hope to get as near as possible with his physique.

- I have some doubts about things that only in the gym with someone expert, like Frank McGrath, could show me how to do.

- Already researched a lot, those years that I stopped gym, never stopped to find new things, try to understand what works and what doesn't, having someone like "Wrath" would really help me to get even more information.

- There are no "Animal" Portuguese people. In Portugal, being a huge bodybuilder is seen as kind of a "freak", as most people don't want to be considered that, they don't get to that state, IT'S MY DREAM TO REACH THAT STATE.

- There are not many Portuguese people in the world of bodybuilding, and the people in the gyms think they know a lot about it, but actually they have a lack of knowledge.

- I know I am young (only 17), but this is an opportunity of a lifetime, to improve my knowledge about what I should or shouldn't do, what works best,... and even show me how to do it correctly, so I don't end up with injuries over the years.

- I am hard working, the next day after EVERY training I feel sore for 1 or 2 days, I think this is a sign that I am leaving everything in the gym.

- Someday... Someday... I would like to work in "Animal", and having some connects would really help :P

- It would be legendary for me, to personally know the person that keeps me motivated, my bodybuilding hero.

Now the reason why it won't happen... I don't have the money to go to the Events, so, who knows... someday when you come to Portugal, you take the time to train with me.

Thanks for everything... Continue the good work,

Nuno "Skulll" Teixeira

Vinny G
02-22-13, 6:32 am
Hi F O R V M community,

Reasons:

- Frank, for what I have seen, is humble, and I think he has a lot to teach me, not only in bodybuilding but also in life. It would be a life changing experience.

- "Wrath" makes me stay motivated, even with all the problems he had, he continued pursuing his dream and his lifestyle.

- Frank has the ideal body for me... Someday I hope to get as near as possible with his physique.

- I have some doubts about things that only in the gym with someone expert, like Frank McGrath, could show me how to do.

- Already researched a lot, those years that I stopped gym, never stopped to find new things, try to understand what works and what doesn't, having someone like "Wrath" would really help me to get even more information.

- There are no "Animal" Portuguese people. In Portugal, being a huge bodybuilder is seen as kind of a "freak", as most people don't want to be considered that, they don't get to that state, IT'S MY DREAM TO REACH THAT STATE.

- There are not many Portuguese people in the world of bodybuilding, and the people in the gyms think they know a lot about it, but actually they have a lack of knowledge.

- I know I am young (only 17), but this is an opportunity of a lifetime, to improve my knowledge about what I should or shouldn't do, what works best,... and even show me how to do it correctly, so I don't end up with injuries over the years.

- I am hard working, the next day after EVERY training I feel sore for 1 or 2 days, I think this is a sign that I am leaving everything in the gym.

- Someday... Someday... I would like to work in "Animal", and having some connects would really help :P

- It would be legendary for me, to personally know the person that keeps me motivated, my bodybuilding hero.

Now the reason why it won't happen... I don't have the money to go to the Events, so, who knows... someday when you come to Portugal, you take the time to train with me.

Nuno "Skulll" Teixeira

i like this kid!

Kowboy
02-22-13, 8:03 am
I get fully what the promo is about and know when and where the National ABC and Arnold is and when. There are ABC and other lifting events that the athletes attend as well not just the Arnold and Olympia. And this is Universal Animal we are talking about. No other brand out there cares more about and gives back to the people that live and die by their brand. To think that they couldn't do another lift with an Animal/Universal athlete promotion in the U.S is absurd. You took me saying it as if its something I asked from them to do all the time. Congratulations on winning last year and good for you. The Olympia is another chance yes and one that I too thought about. I left the question as plain as possible for those who actually have the power to make such decisions or put such decisions in motion to answer in hope of reply. But thanks for your two cents anyway.

That would be a good idea, House has made a couple visits to our gyms around here and people got to lift with him. I am not sure who is out in your area but I know the guys travel. It would be cool to see for you guys that can't make it, maybe Universal will do something at the Olympia that you could get in on.

C.Coronato
02-22-13, 9:07 am
Always a good time!

freighttraindane
02-22-13, 9:09 am
Sounds good. We will treat it like a meet, ill take you through warm ups, plan your squat opener (1st attempt) and have you take 3 attempts just like at a meet. Also Hit Depth Ill red light your ass; )

Also Do you wear Knee Wraps or Knee sleeves?

Hit me up on FB again.... HIGA has been flooding my inbox with all these Bukake videos so sometimes I miss messages.

What is your best 1 rep and 3 rep max on squat? What would be a soild goal for you to hit on Saturday at The ABC. (At least 15 lbs over PR Think Big Always.)

Damn now this sounds like fun shit. I am testing all my maxes next week because I just finished up my 10 week Cube cycle. i know i need form help on my deads though too. Maybe I can switch some things around. Damn I love the Cage weekend, so tough to plan things out though!

Seath308
02-22-13, 12:36 pm
Damn now this sounds like fun shit. I am testing all my maxes next week because I just finished up my 10 week Cube cycle. i know i need form help on my deads though too. Maybe I can switch some things around. Damn I love the Cage weekend, so tough to plan things out though!

You just tell me what we are going to work on. Ill be at the ABC all night!

freighttraindane
02-22-13, 1:27 pm
You just tell me what we are going to work on. Ill be at the ABC all night!

Thanks brother, looks like its gonna be deads. I am in the Pro v. Bro competition now so I gotta save my squats for sunday

GUNZ
02-22-13, 1:39 pm
It would be simply Incredible if I got the chance to train with Garrett "Gunz" Griffin watched the Raw bench video under training and said to myself damn thats how I wanna bench and I'm aiming on the raw side too. Just gettn into more of the powerlifting style training and realy wanna jack my bench press up hell who wouldn't lolz so given this great opportunity a shot!!

Cool bro!! We can make this happen, I'll inbox u some info. Looking forward to meeting you and getting in killer workout.

GUNZ

Universal Rep
02-22-13, 1:42 pm
So the winners bein announced? Cool... Who are they all so far?

Aggression
02-22-13, 1:48 pm
So the winners bein announced? Cool... Who are they all so far?

original post has been/will be updated as winners are chosen.

Universal Rep
02-22-13, 1:54 pm
------------------------
ATHLETES WHO CHOSE THEIR WINNERS
- Frank 'Wrath' McGrath - mulisha
- Garrett 'GUNZ504' Griffin - DMAN
- Ben 'Seath308' Seath - twoheadedboy

Sweet, congrats fellas...

twoheadedboy
02-22-13, 2:03 pm
Thanks! Going to be a great week...

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
02-22-13, 2:15 pm
Guys jump in on this! I would love to throw in but I have a crew of friends to train with that night! Gotta make sure they get the Animal experience.

Skulll
02-22-13, 4:23 pm
i like this kid!

Thanks Vinny :)

mulisha
02-22-13, 5:45 pm
yesssssssssss i cant wait to train arms with him omfg yesss

Dman
02-23-13, 1:09 am
Cool bro!! We can make this happen, I'll inbox u some info. Looking forward to meeting you and getting in killer workout.

GUNZ

Yeeeeeaaahh right on I'm stoked to meet you brotha and to get in one hell of a workout!! Thank you soo much for pickn me Gunz can't wait!!!!

Flash419
02-23-13, 11:19 pm
My pick is C.Coronato..

We're both precontest... so hopefully we can train hard, and still have some time for a little cardio. LOL

I know he's competed before.. my first time.. I'd like to pick his brain a little while we're at it.

See everyone in Columbus\

Freakshowelite
02-24-13, 5:03 pm
I would love to train with Marshall Johnson or Dan Green. I have been really struggling with the deadlift this last year. I have even spoke with Marshall through his thread and I am taking his advice. I would love to have the opportunity to have either one of them show me the ropes on the deadlift and help me get back to making progress. I am stuck at 500 and have been for a while. To me this would be a great place to learn from either one of these amazing lifters. I follow both of their threads and feel that there is a lot I can learn. Plus being a taller lifter I think I may be approaching the lifts wrong all together.

I would be honored to train with you! my schedual calls for a bench night, but I will help you the whole time! Can't wait!

Kowboy
02-24-13, 5:33 pm
I would be honored to train with you! my schedual calls for a bench night, but I will help you the whole time! Can't wait!

That's awesome man, I can't tell you what this means. I could use tips on bench as well so I may pick your brain on that.

jdarren7
02-24-13, 11:18 pm
Last year I recall Christian finding his hands full once the ABC started. Hopefully that won't be the case this year because I felt bad for slowing down J. Halladay and his partner's session. So if all goes well, it would be a pleasure to work with the main man who showed utter kindness to me from the start. If not, I've always had a huge respect for Vinny and if there is room, I'd love the experience. Either way, I'm highly looking forward to my 3th return!!

Thunder Chicken
02-25-13, 9:32 am
doesn't look like many people have signed up for this like years in the past! i still stick with Erik but if anyone would like some company i will train with ya! would like to train with everyone at least once anyways!

brunos400ex
02-25-13, 9:37 am
doesn't look like many people have signed up for this like years in the past! i still stick with Erik but if anyone would like some company i will train with ya! would like to train with everyone at least once anyways!

I'm the same I would like to train with Frank or Evan but I don't mind who I train with, If anyone on the list has not been picked I'd be down to train

G Diesel
02-25-13, 9:39 am
I would like to train with G Diesel at the ABC this year, because he's always been kind to everyone and makes you feel welcome no matter how busy he is. He trains hard everytime ive seen him workout and would love to pick his brain about a few training metrhods Im considering to prepare for my first bodybuilding show but still holding on to strength to power lift with while I bulk this year coming up. Having so much on my plate between work,school,training and semi-pro football I can use some of the legendary words of wisdom G always seems to always have to motivate me.

thanks for the consideration and ill see everyone thursday night! Metro Fitness!!

No doubt my brother. Done deal.

Let me know what you want to train and I will plan my week around it. Always an honor to be chosen.

Peace, G

bigkahuna08
02-25-13, 10:15 am

for real?! quarter turns? I mean i might be able to fit myself in my posing trunks from august hahahha

kcburrows
02-25-13, 10:59 am

yesss...quarter turns in the middle of Ohio winter..... nothing like pasty white mandatory poses for all to see...lol

tark
02-25-13, 8:20 pm
any word on when more winners will be chosen? im starting to get a litte antsy here hhaha

BringTheCarnage
02-26-13, 3:26 am
No doubt my brother. Done deal.

Let me know what you want to train and I will plan my week around it. Always an honor to be chosen.

Peace, G

Hey bro, you are a beast and a melting pot of weight lifting knowledge! It's an honor to be training with you! And I was thinking we could hit chest that day unless you would rather blast shoulders

Dman
02-26-13, 5:26 am
Sweet, congrats fellas...

Thank you! Been lookn forward to this all week!!

kcburrows
02-26-13, 7:53 am
any word on when more winners will be chosen? im starting to get a litte antsy here hhaha

dang AJ can u just be patient.... lol im just playing man...this shit is exciting, i keep checkin back!

G Diesel
02-26-13, 9:22 am
Hey bro, you are a beast and a melting pot of weight lifting knowledge! It's an honor to be training with you! And I was thinking we could hit chest that day unless you would rather blast shoulders

My shoulder is a little banged up at the moment, so I will save chest for Saturday and we can blast that together at the ABC. Sound good?

Peace, G

C.Coronato
02-26-13, 9:24 am
My pick is C.Coronato..

We're both precontest... so hopefully we can train hard, and still have some time for a little cardio. LOL

I know he's competed before.. my first time.. I'd like to pick his brain a little while we're at it.

See everyone in Columbus\

Last year I recall Christian finding his hands full once the ABC started. Hopefully that won't be the case this year because I felt bad for slowing down J. Halladay and his partner's session. So if all goes well, it would be a pleasure to work with the main man who showed utter kindness to me from the start. If not, I've always had a huge respect for Vinny and if there is room, I'd love the experience. Either way, I'm highly looking forward to my 3th return!!

Lets make it happen fellas. Im honored that you guys want to train. The three of us will get it done and get it done right! How does chest sound??

Aggression
02-26-13, 9:38 am

The athletes themselves should be popping in one last time today/tomorrow to make their selections. Original post will be updated with selections as best I can until I leave for Columbus.

JoshLandry
02-26-13, 10:28 am
I will be there as well and would love to get in on this !

tark
02-26-13, 11:47 am
The athletes themselves should be popping in one last time today/tomorrow to make their selections. Original post will be updated with selections as best I can until I leave for Columbus.

Thanks brotha!

Ox
02-26-13, 11:55 am

D-NUTZ it is. Can't deny love.

D-NUTZ
02-26-13, 11:56 am
D-NUTZ it is. Can't deny love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmbhYKDKfU

Thanks bro. What are we training?

kcburrows
02-26-13, 12:00 pm
I will be there as well and would love to get in on this !

hey bro...i'd love to train with you sat night. What are you training?

Big Al
02-26-13, 12:06 pm
Guess me and pat will be training with the man "Guns" and son!!!

J.Halladay
02-26-13, 12:06 pm

Lets smash shit brotha.

Ox
02-26-13, 12:18 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmbhYKDKfU

Thanks bro. What are we training?

I usually train arms and shoulders on Saturday. That should fit in nicely after working the expo all day! That cool with you?

BringTheCarnage
02-26-13, 2:10 pm
My shoulder is a little banged up at the moment, so I will save chest for Saturday and we can blast that together at the ABC. Sound good?

Peace, G

Sounds great to me bro! Chest it is!

Flash419
02-26-13, 2:34 pm
Lets make it happen fellas. Im honored that you guys want to train. The three of us will get it done and get it done right! How does chest sound??

Sounds awesome bro.. I'll be ready!

D-NUTZ
02-26-13, 2:42 pm
I usually train arms and shoulders on Saturday. That should fit in nicely after working the expo all day! That cool with you?

Yessir. Both weak points for me and a easy switch in my split so it works out great.

GUNS
02-26-13, 5:06 pm
Guess me and pat will be training with the man "Guns" and son!!!

Outstanding Al! Looking forward to it! We will have 1 other with us if that is cool?

tark
02-26-13, 9:20 pm
Lets smash shit brotha.

my man!! look forward to it....what you normally hit on saturdays?

The House
02-26-13, 11:48 pm
I pick Thunder Chicken to train at the abc . That's right u pick the body part and I will train you. Cool mate can't wait to hit it up..

B-Neva
02-27-13, 1:00 am
d-nutz it is. Can't deny love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvmbhykdkfu

thanks bro. What are we training?

sickkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

Ox
02-27-13, 8:48 am
sickkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when we trained in Vegas and by the end of the workout you were crying and couldn't remember your own name?

B-Neva
02-27-13, 9:26 am
Remember when we trained in Vegas and by the end of the workout you were crying and couldn't remember your own name?

My legs were sore from Sunday-Thursday

D-NUTZ
02-27-13, 1:08 pm

My legs were sore from Sunday-Thursday

Its not a real workout until you shit your pants. Apparently B didn't train hard enough.

Tears and amnesia only prove it was a average workout.

B-Neva
02-27-13, 7:06 pm
Its not a real workout until you shit your pants. Apparently B didn't train hard enough.

Tears and amnesia only prove it was a average workout.

I just remember everyone eating like a breakfast egg sandwich post workout and I wasn't having none of that after that workout.

D-NUTZ
02-27-13, 7:11 pm
I just remember everyone eating like a breakfast egg sandwich post workout and I wasn't having none of that after that workout.

I can't even imagine lol.

futilekyle
02-27-13, 9:15 pm
Don't think I've ever actually "won" an official spot to train with an animal but everyone has always been so cool, I've gotten the chance to train with Vinny, Wrath (though he bitched out on our chest workout haha, maybe he remembers), House, G-Diesel, BigAnt, Mike Van Wyck. Truly have never seen a company, inside bodybuilding or not, give so much back to its followers. They continually impress me. I have been following animalpak.com since I was 14 yrs/old before there was a forum, and have attended the Arnold Classic & the cage for the last 6 yrs. I don't post much but I continue to follow it all and look forward to the Cage more and more every year. The one time a year that I don't feel uncomfortable talking about bodybuilding and my true passion for it. Thanks to this company for giving back so much.

I will probably try to sneak in again with one of the pros but if Nick Lepore is free for a workout, it'd be great to train with him. The guy is a freak and will outlift me on probably everything despite me having 70-80 lbs on him haha.

Wrath
02-27-13, 11:43 pm
Hi F O R V M community,

Reasons:

Nuno "Skulll" Teixeira

That's great man keep pushing and believing and u will make it happen. Maybe animal will send us there some day. Would be great to visit there

mulisha
02-27-13, 11:44 pm
Hope we train arms

jdarren7
02-27-13, 11:56 pm

Not my strong point, so yes! I'm in!

HIGA MONSTER
02-28-13, 7:30 am
Although i have no powerlifting experience, i know that having the opportunity to work with any of them (Higa, Seath, Johnson, etc.) will not only be a great learning experience, but will also be a true inspiration. I would never consider myself a particularly strong guy, which is why it may seem odd that i am requesting the help of expert powerlifters. But with all their knowledge and experience, I am sure i will be able to take a lot of what can be learned and apply it to my leg training to help me break the mental and physical plateaus that i seem to face so frequently on my leg days! I am truly stoked to finally attend the Arnold and participate in the Cage and ABC events in Ohio! It will surely be memorable experience for me regardless.

I can only imagine brotha! It would be an honor to partake in this year's throwdown
Bro,
Just spoke to Seath308 about it...if you wanna throw down a leg session, I am down.

Lets do this bro! We are on the way to the airport now. See you soon!

HIGA MONSTER

freighttraindane
02-28-13, 8:37 am
Bro,
Just spoke to Seath308 about it...if you wanna throw down a leg session, I am down.

Lets do this bro! We are on the way to the airport now. See you soon!

HIGA MONSTER

Bcast, you're in for one hell of a workout. These 2 are a wealth of knowledge

wedge
02-28-13, 3:25 pm
Bcast, you're in for one hell of a workout. These 2 are a wealth of knowledge

Yes they are. Had the honor of Higga and a few others helping me out with deads last year. Set a new PR that night...

Dman
03-02-13, 11:33 pm
Mad respect for everything that went down tonight such a great vibe and feeling of brotherhood the awesome food served and all the great athletes that took the time and trained with everyone, got in a killer bench sesh with Gunz, thanks for this sick opportunity!!

tark
03-03-13, 7:54 pm
i 2nd DMAN...getting the oppurtunity to train with josh halladay was a dream come true....all of the knowledge and advice shared is priceless and will be put to good use....if you dont try to get in on this next year your a dumbass! lol

Kowboy
03-04-13, 1:49 pm
Totally fucking worth it man, training w/ Freakshow was more then I could have imagined. Killer session and I learned a lot. I wrote it all down and it changes everything.

J.Halladay
03-04-13, 2:16 pm
i 2nd DMAN...getting the oppurtunity to train with josh halladay was a dream come true....all of the knowledge and advice shared is priceless and will be put to good use....if you dont try to get in on this next year your a dumbass! lol

it was my pleasure, i put you through hell, and you kept comin back for more. Thats what its all about!! Keep pushing the limits brotha, you got the mindset now take it to the next level

Firefist
03-04-13, 2:30 pm
Got to get my bench form right with Gunz. Learned about those little nuances that really hold everything together. Awesome session with him, his partner phillip and my dude Dman.

D-NUTZ
03-04-13, 3:02 pm
Smoked an arm session with Ox and his training partner Marc (Relentless I believe is his name on here). I will get my full write up posted soon!

Bcast
03-04-13, 3:11 pm
Matched my squat PR and set a new RAW deadlift PR right after.

tark
03-04-13, 8:24 pm
it was my pleasure, i put you through hell, and you kept comin back for more. Thats what its all about!! Keep pushing the limits brotha, you got the mindset now take it to the next level

like i said brotha i signed up for it so i gave it my all my man!! thanks for putting me through a killer shoulder day!!

tark
03-04-13, 8:25 pm

thats awesopme brotha!! congrats!

GUNS
03-04-13, 8:32 pm
Big thanks goes out to BigAl and P Diesel for running us through a shoulder workout! MAB joined in along with Swolkicker, Brignac, and Mrs.Guns.

Thanks Fella's!

twoheadedboy
03-04-13, 10:06 pm
Thanks again to Ben Seath and Grant Higa for their coaching and encouragement...especially when faced with having to improvise, since it went from "helping me achieve a new max" to "dealing with back issues". Those two are a credit to Animal and the sports of powerlifting and strongman!

Thunder Chicken
03-04-13, 11:52 pm
it was great seeing everyone and seeing everyone break PR's at the ABC, i got trained by House and i recommend it, it was fun and i learned a few new trick...at first i didn't hurt....but now a few days later i cant feel my traps or delts at all!!!! lol

HIGA MONSTER
03-05-13, 2:06 am
You did great bro! Let me know if you need anymore help or tips.

HIGA MONSTER

HIGA MONSTER
03-05-13, 2:06 am
Thanks again to Ben Seath and Grant Higa for their coaching and encouragement...especially when faced with having to improvise, since it went from "helping me achieve a new max" to "dealing with back issues". Those two are a credit to Animal and the sports of powerlifting and strongman!
Your welcome brother! Great job!

We gotta go back to Rodizio's! That was awesome!

HIGA MONSTER

Nix0r
03-05-13, 11:26 am
Your welcome brother! Great job!

We gotta go back to Rodizio's! That was awesome!

HIGA MONSTER

We put in some damn work at that place.

Also, thanks again for the tips with the log clean and press. Hopefully I'll have access to one of those and get at it more consistently.

smoothballer
03-05-13, 8:26 pm
We put in some damn work at that place.

Also, thanks again for the tips with the log clean and press. Hopefully I'll have access to one of those and get at it more consistently.

This is exactly the same for me. Thanks so much Higa.

Universal Rep
03-12-13, 3:21 pm
Train with an Animal articles, FYI... http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=631

Mr. Dead
03-12-13, 3:34 pm
Train with an Animal articles, FYI... http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=631

Very cool...!!! I still remember when I got to train with Vinny G... Still have my notes I took, as well...

Universal Rep
03-12-13, 3:43 pm
Very cool...!!! I still remember when I got to train with Vinny G... Still have my notes I took, as well...

Photo copy 'em and send 'em my way, haha...

Mr. Dead
03-12-13, 3:44 pm
Photo copy 'em and send 'em my way, haha...

Actually... I could do that...