PDA

View Full Version : The Deadman's Rave To The Grave...

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Dead
02-15-13, 1:57 pm
Okay... New journey... New purpose... My competitive career has ended, but the bodybuilding lifestyle has not... So, I will be documenting my workouts and whatnot here...

Now, to address some concerns over my previous thread... It was closed at my request... And I thank them for closing it... And as one door closes and one chapter closes, a new one opens... Training and the bodybuilding lifestyle are very much a part of me, and will continue until I reach my grave... Hence the title... All is good, and I am at peace with what is...

So... Let the good times roll...!!!

Mr. Dead
02-15-13, 2:11 pm
Current Split...
Sunday: Active Rest

Monday: Arms/Abs

Tuesday: Legs

Wednesday: Active Rest/Abs

Thursday: Chest/Delts (Anterior and Medial...)

Friday: Back/Delts (Posterior...)/Calves/Abs

Saturday: Active Rest

Will be throwing in cardio here and there as needed for maintenance and general health... Diet is something that will be rotating, as I still have not made up my mind as to what look I want to achieve anymore...

DANO
02-15-13, 2:20 pm
First!

Mr. Dead
02-15-13, 2:24 pm
First!

Glad to have ya...!!!

rainman
02-15-13, 3:13 pm
Cool. Your split runs exactly the same as mine. Glad I'm not the only one who does it! Looking forward to comparing exercises.

I don't know the story of your situation, but the company I worked for for 16 years recently went in to liquidation, leaving me with a whole heap of shit to deal with in my life. I've had to strip back a lot factors surrounding my training, supplementation and nutrition, but a different approach has certainly made me a better lifter. Good luck.

Mr. Dead
02-15-13, 3:17 pm
Cool. Your split runs exactly the same as mine. Glad I'm not the only one who does it! Looking forward to comparing exercises.

I don't know the story of your situation, but the company I worked for for 16 years recently went in to liquidation, leaving me with a whole heap of shit to deal with in my life. I've had to strip back a lot factors surrounding my training, supplementation and nutrition, but a different approach has certainly made me a better lifter. Good luck.

Glad to have ya...!!! I'm a Dept. of Defense employee, and am being furloughed 1 day a week for 22 weeks... Basically, I'm losing a full month's pay... Not my 1st time to face lean times... Just hope it's my last... I use Rage's "Solo HRT" method for my training... He was my trainer for my past 2 shows...

rainman
02-15-13, 3:30 pm
Shit... that's tough going. It seems like that sort of stuff is going on all over the place nowadays. I had a 6 month plan to do evening classes to get some practical qualifications behind me, but lost my job a month before I was due to start. On the plus side, I get 6 months salary through redundancy, but it's a long road claiming it due to the company's situation and it was pretty sad to see a place go down I'd put so much time in to. Swapping out turkey breast mince for turkey thigh mince wasn't a good day either!

I'll certainly check out Rage's HRT Solo plan, but am doing my own twist on Y3T currently. Sounds like you have a good team in your corner though, so I'm sure it'll all work out.

Mr. Dead
02-15-13, 3:33 pm
Shit... that's tough going. It seems like that sort of stuff is going on all over the place nowadays. I had a 6 month plan to do evening classes to get some practical qualifications behind me, but lost my job a month before I was due to start. On the plus side, I get 6 months salary through redundancy, but it's a long road claiming it due to the company's situation and it was pretty sad to see a place go down I'd put so much time in to. Swapping out turkey breast mince for turkey thigh mince wasn't a good day either!

I'll certainly check out Rage's HRT Solo plan, but am doing my own twist on Y3T currently. Sounds like you have a good team in your corner though, so I'm sure it'll all work out.

Just been takin' it one day at a time... Controlling what I can... And rollin' with the flow of what is out of my control... Been considering Y3T, though heard a lot of good things about it...

Mr. Dead
02-15-13, 7:06 pm
Will begin in here, on Tuesday... New chapter...

Kowboy
02-15-13, 8:06 pm
Glad to have ya...!!! I'm a Dept. of Defense employee, and am being furloughed 1 day a week for 22 weeks... Basically, I'm losing a full month's pay... Not my 1st time to face lean times... Just hope it's my last... I use Rage's "Solo HRT" method for my training... He was my trainer for my past 2 shows...

I am getting the same shit, they haven't made it official for my group yet.

Mr. Dead
02-15-13, 8:55 pm
I am getting the same shit, they haven't made it official for my group yet.

Check my Facebook... Interesting link on there, about that...

Kowboy
02-15-13, 9:10 pm
So frustrating

Mr. Dead
02-15-13, 11:14 pm
So frustrating

Yep...

Mr. Dead
02-17-13, 1:23 pm
The wife and I have been doing some talking... And, I will still continue to train as if I were still going to compete... If by some miracle we find the funds for me to do it, I will still try to step onstage... Otherwise... I'll be looking amazing for the summer and the "O"...

DANO
02-17-13, 2:14 pm
Are you going to fly down to the O or drive?

Mr. Dead
02-17-13, 3:44 pm
Are you going to fly down to the O or drive?

Fly... Any further details I cannot divulge on here...

mcbeast
02-17-13, 3:55 pm
Subbed in here deadman..

Ed Eliason
02-17-13, 7:24 pm
The wife and I have been doing some talking... And, I will still continue to train as if I were still going to compete... If by some miracle we find the funds for me to do it, I will still try to step onstage... Otherwise... I'll be looking amazing for the summer and the "O"...

Sounds like a solid plan.

Christman
02-17-13, 9:14 pm
Here for the duration.

DANO
02-17-13, 11:24 pm
Fly... Any further details I cannot divulge on here...

Too bad, if you were driving you would have gone right by me and we could have hit the iron at The Gym.
I understand though, it would be a helluva long drive!

Mr. Dead
02-18-13, 11:55 am
Subbed in here deadman..

Wouldn't be the same without ya...!!!

Sounds like a solid plan.

Hope for war, prepare for peace... Or vice versa... Thanks...!!!

Here for the duration.

Great to have ya...!!!

Too bad, if you were driving you would have gone right by me and we could have hit the iron at The Gym.
I understand though, it would be a helluva long drive!

I can say that the flight, lodging, and meals are "taken care of"... But, it would've been epic to hit the iron with ya...!!!

Rage
02-18-13, 1:03 pm
And so it begins...the journey that never ends. Best of luck my brother.

Appollonian
02-18-13, 1:03 pm

Glad to hear this Mr. Dead. Subbed along for this.

Mr. Dead
02-18-13, 1:12 pm
And so it begins...the journey that never ends. Best of luck my brother.

My Brother, my friend, my Mentor... There would be no journey, if not for you... I truly thank you...

Glad to hear this Mr. Dead. Subbed along for this.

Thanks...!!! Going to be an interesting ride... But... Aren't they all...???

Mr. Dead
02-19-13, 10:46 am
Hit the treadmill for 1/2 an hour, yesterday... 4 mph, varied inclines and declines... Due to the holiday, it just wasn't cost effective to drive the 90 minutes... Good thing about home equipment...

Mr. Dead
02-21-13, 11:26 am
Been still fighting off the crud... dd2inxs and I have been sending it back and forth to each other... Got in a little more cardio, over the past few days, in an effort to try and get this crap out of my system... Been feeling weak as heck, and the stress from my current job situation hasn't been helping any... But, still moving forward... Change what I can... Accept what I can't change, yet work for a viable solution...

Mr. Dead
02-25-13, 11:47 am
Certain things have had to take a backseat, currently... As I'm currently putting my energy into completing something that is loooonnnngggg overdue... After a year of disaster and distraction, I am nearly ready to test out to get my official Personal Trainer Certification... The looming financial uncertainty has left me no choice but to finally complete what should have been done a long time ago... One good thing out of all of this chaos, is that I'm finally acting and taking control of my future...

DANO
02-26-13, 5:27 pm
Certain things have had to take a backseat, currently... As I'm currently putting my energy into completing something that is loooonnnngggg overdue... After a year of disaster and distraction, I am nearly ready to test out to get my official Personal Trainer Certification... The looming financial uncertainty has left me no choice but to finally complete what should have been done a long time ago... One good thing out of all of this chaos, is that I'm finally acting and taking control of my future...

Keep plugging away buddy.... good job on getting back on track with the personal training!!

Mr. Dead
03-06-13, 1:13 pm
Legs:
Leg extension: (Warm Up...)
1 set of 50 at 95
1 set of 40 at 110
1 set of 30 at 125
Leg extension:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 170
Leg press:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 7 plates, plus a 5 and a 35 per side
Hack Squats:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 2 plates and a 35 per side
Lying leg curls:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 125
Seated Leg Curls:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 210
Adductor Machine
2 sets of 8 +6 at Stack
Abductor Machine
2 sets of 8+6 at Stack

Appollonian
03-06-13, 1:35 pm

Kind of like "one door closes another opens"? Sounds good to me!

Mr. Dead
03-06-13, 1:44 pm
Kind of like "one door closes another opens"? Sounds good to me!

Exactly... And they can't keep a Deadman down... Also pondering looking into what it would tacke to become a NPC judge...

DANO
03-06-13, 1:45 pm
Damn it, LISTEN!! I keep telling you to add a little volume!!
haha

Good going Deadman!

Mr. Dead
03-06-13, 1:56 pm
Damn it, LISTEN!! I keep telling you to add a little volume!!
haha

Good going Deadman!

*LOL* Thanks...!!! Had to exercise my demons... Definitely looking like a bleak scenerio, job-wise...

Christman
03-06-13, 2:15 pm
Adductor Machine
2 sets of 8 +6 at Stack
Abductor Machine
2 sets of 8+6 at Stack

I'd love to see the faces you make on the negatives for these two exercises. I can only imagine...

Mr. Dead
03-06-13, 2:16 pm
I'd love to see the faces you make on the negatives for these two exercises. I can only imagine...

Depends on how much fiber I had, that day... *LOL*

Mr. Dead
03-07-13, 11:49 am
40 min on the Deadmill... Terrain: Downtown Seattle

http://www.ultimatecrossfit.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ZombieTreadmill-300x225.jpg

DANO
03-07-13, 1:05 pm
niiiiiiiice!

Mr. Dead
03-07-13, 1:09 pm
niiiiiiiice!

Thanks...!!! Nice thing about my Deadmill, it has incline and decline and can mimic anyplace on google maps... Didn't go cheap on it...

Christman
03-07-13, 8:14 pm
Thanks...!!! Nice thing about my Deadmill, it has incline and decline and can mimic anyplace on google maps... Didn't go cheap on it...

that's awesome, I did 45 mins on the dreadmill this evening but it was all at a 12% incline so it was not nearly as exciting as your little walk.

DANO
03-07-13, 10:40 pm

Sweet! You should use San Francisco sometimes, talk about incline!

PS. Gives The Walking Dead a whole new meaning!

Mr. Dead
03-08-13, 12:03 pm
that's awesome, I did 45 mins on the dreadmill this evening but it was all at a 12% incline so it was not nearly as exciting as your little walk.

Sweet! You should use San Francisco sometimes, talk about incline!

PS. Gives The Walking Dead a whole new meaning!

Thanks, guys...!!! As far as doing downtown San Francisco... My angus is not peppered for that, yet.. But... Soon...

Mr. Dead
03-08-13, 12:04 pm
Chest: (Only listed the working sets...)
Bench Press 2 x 8 + 6 at 205...
Incline DB Flyes 2 x 8 + 6 with 50lb DBs
Pec Deck 2 x 8 + 6 at 150

Delts
Smith Military Press 2 x 8 + 6 at 105
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2 x 8 + 6 with 35 lb DBs
Side Laterals 2 x 8 + 6 at 20 lb DBs

40 min on the Deadmill... Downtown Seattle continued...

SailinScotty
03-08-13, 12:14 pm
Here to follow along. Best of luck on your new adventures.

Mr. Dead
03-08-13, 12:19 pm
Here to follow along. Best of luck on your new adventures.

Thanks...!!! Great to have ya...!!!

Mr. Dead
03-11-13, 1:00 pm
Friday...
Back:
Wide Grip Pull Downs 2 x 8 + 6 120
T Bar Rows 2 x 8 + 6 with two 35's on the bar...
Dumbbell Rows 2 x 8 + 6 at 100
Reverse Pec Deck 2 x 8 + 6 at 110
DB Shrugs 2 x 15 at 75
Calves:
Horizontal Calf 2 x 8 + 6 at 640
Seated Calf 2 x 8 + 6 at 2 pps
Shrugs were done normal, the rest was solo HRT...
40 min on the Deadmill...

Abs:
Weighted crunches 3x50 at 70

Saturday and Sunday
40 min each day on the Deadmill...

mcbeast
03-11-13, 1:08 pm
You & I need to have a gym date soon. Protein shakes on me!

Mr. Dead
03-11-13, 1:10 pm
You & I need to have a gym date soon. Protein shakes on me!

Sounds good... I've noticed we have a lot to catch up on...

DANO
03-11-13, 1:19 pm
40 min on the Deadmill... Downtown Seattle continued...

Still have the hole in your roof so you get the Seattle rain too??

haha

Mr. Dead
03-11-13, 1:29 pm
Still have the hole in your roof so you get the Seattle rain too??

haha

That nightmare finally was laid to rest, back in December...

mcbeast
03-11-13, 1:41 pm
Sounds good... I've noticed we have a lot to catch up on...

Tons my friend.

Mr. Dead
03-12-13, 11:04 am
Tons my friend.

I've noticed...

Mr. Dead
03-12-13, 11:06 am
"Gun Day..."
Tri's:
Hammer Strength Dip Apparatus 2x8 + 6 (290...)
Dumbbell Triceps Ext 2 x 8 + 6 (95-lb DB...)
Triceps pushdowns 2 x 8 + 6 at stack + a 35...

Bi's:
Incline Dumbbell curls 2 x 8 + 6 (45 lb DBs...)
Hammer Curls 2 x 8 + 6 (60 lb DBs...)
Preacher curls 2 x 8 + 6 (85 lbs...)

Abs:
Planks... 7 held for 1 minute each

45 min on the Deadmill... Random hillside course...

Mr. Dead
03-14-13, 3:29 pm
"It Only Makes Me Laugh..."
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?22517-Tales-From-My-Crypt&p=1304578&viewfull=1#post1304578

DANO
03-14-13, 6:58 pm
nice on the Arms buddy! better than mine for sure!

Mr. Dead
03-26-13, 12:10 pm
Just a short check-in... I'm still alive... Been a cardio bunny, as of late, due to putting in apps and not enough hours in the day... Got a 2 week stay of execution as far as the furlough... But am told it will still happen... But will do what I can with what I can...

Kowboy
03-26-13, 12:26 pm
I think they enjoy fucking with us. I don't get my raise this year because of this bullshit so I essentially lost 40% of my pay...I am really excited about it!

Mr. Dead
03-26-13, 12:28 pm
I think they enjoy fucking with us. I don't get my raise this year because of this bullshit so I essentially lost 40% of my pay...I am really excited about it!

I can relate... I'm at the end of my pay scale... Only raises I would've gotten was a cost of living... Haven't had one of those in 4 years...

Kowboy
03-26-13, 12:36 pm
I can relate... I'm at the end of my pay scale... Only raises I would've gotten was a cost of living... Haven't had one of those in 4 years...

At my current position I would max out as a GS12 but since there is a freeze i am not able to take my final promotion....stupid fuckers.

Mr. Dead
03-26-13, 12:39 pm
At my current position I would max out as a GS12 but since there is a freeze i am not able to take my final promotion....stupid fuckers.

I was supposed to get the chance to jump over to an Admin career path, but that was frozen, as well... All they see is dollars and cents, not people... I even wrote my Senator and asked her not to forget the human element... Sadly... She's the one that wrote the Democrats version of the budget...

Kowboy
03-26-13, 1:08 pm
I was supposed to get the chance to jump over to an Admin career path, but that was frozen, as well... All they see is dollars and cents, not people... I even wrote my Senator and asked her not to forget the human element... Sadly... She's the one that wrote the Democrats version of the budget...

My wife and I are pretty lucky that we will be ok it is just frustrating to watch these sponsored reps play w/ our lives like a chess game. All they want is to better themselves and put more money in their pocket. I joined the DOD because I couldn't get in the military and I support the warfighter. They have forgotten that piece of it.

Mr. Dead
04-01-13, 11:34 am
Will be hittin' guns, today... What's everyone else trainin'...???

Jay
04-01-13, 11:40 am
Chest... Just sucks everyone else at the gym will be doing that too!

Mr. Dead
04-01-13, 12:04 pm
Chest... Just sucks everyone else at the gym will be doing that too!

That's part of why I have my split the way it is...

DANO
04-01-13, 3:22 pm
Will be hittin' guns, today... What's everyone else trainin'...???

I want to get in and destroy legs.

Mr. Dead
04-03-13, 11:54 am
Monday: Arms
Tri's:
Hammer Strength Dip Apparatus 2x8 + 6 (290...)
Dumbbell Triceps Ext 2 x 8 + 6 (95-lb DB...)
Triceps pushdowns 2 x 8 + 6 at stack + a 35...

Bi's:
Incline Dumbbell curls 2 x 8 + 6 (45 lb DBs...)
Hammer Curls 2 x 8 + 6 (60 lb DBs...)
Preacher curls 2 x 8 + 6 (85 lbs...)

Abs:
Planks... 7 held for 1 minute each

45 min on the Deadmill...

Tuesday: Legs

1 set of 50 at 95
1 set of 40 at 110
1 set of 30 at 125
Leg extension:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 170
Leg press:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 7 plates, plus a 5 and a 35 per side
Hack Squats:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 2 plates and a 35 per side
Lying leg curls:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 125
Seated Leg Curls:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 210
Adductor Machine
2 sets of 8 +6 at Stack
Abductor Machine
2 sets of 8+6 at Stack

No cardio on leg day

Been training at a different gym, lately... It's pretty run down, compared to my usual... But... No waiting and no road construction...

Mr. Dead
04-24-13, 3:30 pm
Freakin' dusty, in here...!!! Do I even lift...??? *LOL*

Things are going well... Got some exciting things falling into place for me, including my Dad coming up to see me... It's been 5 years since we've seen each other... I'll be doing some serious grilling that weekend...!!! Hopefully, I will get the "Master Griller's" Seal of Approval... Looking forward to seeing some of you at the UFC Expo and the Mr. Olympia...

DANO
04-25-13, 12:43 am
Lots going on Deadman! Keep pushing my friend ...

Mr. Dead
04-25-13, 12:02 pm
Lots going on Deadman! Keep pushing my friend ...

Thanks...!!! Keepin' my eye on the prize... Constantly on the grind, currently... Hopefully things will sow down a little... In July... *LOL*

shortstack
04-25-13, 5:11 pm
What up Deads? Good to see you getting in some work!!

I've been off with a cold but returning soon!!!

Jeremy

Mr. Dead
06-12-13, 4:10 pm
I'm still alive, and doing well... Training has been on point... Tryin' to shed a little flab, before going to the Olympia, in September... Been pretty busy as of late, still tryin' to deal with the furlough, but tryin' not to let it get to me...

DANO
06-12-13, 7:42 pm
HI!

Mr. Dead
06-12-13, 10:24 pm
HI!

How goes it...???

Christman
06-13-13, 8:09 am
I'm still alive, and doing well... Training has been on point... Tryin' to shed a little flab, before going to the Olympia, in September... Been pretty busy as of late, still tryin' to deal with the furlough, but tryin' not to let it get to me...

Keep at it Deadman.

Mr. Dead
06-13-13, 11:46 am
Keep at it Deadman.

As the title says... It's a rave to the grave... I may not be competing anymore, but I will still continue to live the lifestyle...

Mr. Dead
07-10-13, 12:30 am
Honestly... I'm not sure if I should continue this... Or... Let it and myself fade to black... The place is not what it once was, nor will it be... Most of those that raised this place are no longer here, or are extremely rarely on... I will let my brethren decide... "Should I Stay or Should I Go"...???

http://youtu.be/xMaE6toi4mk

DANO
07-10-13, 1:01 am
I vote stay.

Appollonian
07-10-13, 9:06 am
No doubt it's changed, but for all the folks that have left, I still see relatively new folks that contribute some solid information, too. And some stalwarts have stuck around, too.

You gotta do what's right for you, Mr. Dead. Personally I've gotten a lot of information from you, but you need to do what makes sense for you.

Mr. Dead
07-11-13, 5:35 pm
I vote stay.

No doubt it's changed, but for all the folks that have left, I still see relatively new folks that contribute some solid information, too. And some stalwarts have stuck around, too.

You gotta do what's right for you, Mr. Dead. Personally I've gotten a lot of information from you, but you need to do what makes sense for you.

Part of it is more due to time constraints, as I have taken a Corporate position elsewhere, and do not wish my presence here to be a distraction or nuisance...

But... I feel I have made some very good friends here, and do not wish to sever those bonds...

Mr. Dead
07-16-13, 1:44 pm
I'm opting to maintain a social presence... Too many good friends here...

Christman
07-16-13, 2:28 pm
I'm opting to maintain a social presence... Too many good friends here...

Glad to hear it.

Mr. Dead
10-08-13, 5:35 pm
Still alive... Survived the Furlough... Surviving the Shutdown... Only been training to maintain where I'm at, and for health... About to embark on a grand journey in the field of Personal Training (finally)... Otherwise SSDD...

DANO
10-09-13, 11:59 am
Still alive... Survived the Furlough... Surviving the Shutdown... Only been training to maintain where I'm at, and for health... About to embark on a grand journey in the field of Personal Training (finally)... Otherwise SSDD...

Good. Glad to see the Dead come back to life!

Mr. Dead
10-15-13, 1:46 pm
May be starting this bad boy back up... I need the accountability...

Christman
10-15-13, 4:26 pm
May be starting this bad boy back up... I need the accountability...

I'm still subbed, looking forward to it.

World Eater
10-15-13, 5:38 pm
I'm still subbed, looking forward to it.
Same here.

Mr. Dead
10-16-13, 10:46 am
For the rest of this week, I'll be leaving little snippets in regards to my plans, diet, and training... Between the Furloughs and the Shutdown, I let myself go a bit... Actually, a LOT... Time to get back into the lifestyle...

DANO
10-16-13, 12:12 pm
Well, you better get your stuff in order, or else I'll have to make a trip north and whip you into shape! hahaha....

...glad to see you back here Deadman!

Mr. Dead
10-16-13, 2:50 pm
Well, you better get your stuff in order, or else I'll have to make a trip north and whip you into shape! hahaha....

...glad to see you back here Deadman!

During the furlough, I had to make some tough choices... After losing 20% of my wages... $1.50 McBurgers were more affordable, at the time... As was Taco Bell... But, in the end, I made it... With my house still my own... But... My health paid a pretty steep price... Time to take back what's mine...

Mr. Dead
10-18-13, 4:59 pm
Sooooo... I think for the 1st week, it will be the old standard 3 sets of 10, for working sets... Will probably go with a modified version of the Contest Prep diet that Rage had me on, in my contest thread... And probably only 3 days of cardio... To start...

DANO
10-18-13, 6:08 pm
Good plan.

Mr. Dead
10-18-13, 6:09 pm
Good plan.

Baby steps...

DANO
10-18-13, 6:15 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3JPa2mvSQ4

Mr. Dead
10-21-13, 10:46 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3JPa2mvSQ4

*LOL* My wife hates that movie...

Mr. Dead
10-21-13, 10:47 pm
Went to the gym... Had one of the worst arm days, in eons... Numbers aren't even worth posting... Lost a lot, during my time away... Bummed... But not deterred... Only way to go is up...

DANO
10-22-13, 1:04 pm
*LOL* My wife hates that movie...

How can you hate that movie?? haha

Went to the gym... Had one of the worst arm days, in eons... Numbers aren't even worth posting... Lost a lot, during my time away... Bummed... But not deterred... Only way to go is up...

Don't worry, muscle memory is a glorious thing...

Mr. Dead
10-22-13, 1:27 pm
Don't worry, muscle memory is a glorious thing...

Hoping mine don't have Alzheimers...

Mr. Dead
10-23-13, 11:39 pm
More of the same disappointment on leg day... I understand it... But... I don't have to like it... Still not deterred...

Mr. Dead
10-30-13, 12:49 pm
Been a bit busy as of late... Work issues and Halloween stuff... My busiest time of year... *LOL*

DANO
10-31-13, 11:31 am
Been a bit busy as of late... Work issues and Halloween stuff... My busiest time of year... *LOL*

I know the feeling buddy!

shortstack
10-31-13, 11:42 am
Deads, I haven't trained arms in almost 9 months. Just benching, squatting, and deadlifting. My arms look like tiny tooth picks. Enjoy the Halloween festivities brother!!!!

Mr. Dead
11-06-13, 12:22 pm
I know the feeling buddy!

Deads, I haven't trained arms in almost 9 months. Just benching, squatting, and deadlifting. My arms look like tiny tooth picks. Enjoy the Halloween festivities brother!!!!

Thanks...!!! It was a bittersweet day... Only 32 trick-or-treaters... My zombie suit was destroyed beyond safe usage (Mold, rot, etc...) But... Igor had fun as Bat-Dog... And Mozart totally rocked his Harry Potter outfit... He even won a costume contest at Petco...

Mr. Dead
11-07-13, 1:50 pm
This is by no means "etched in stone"... But... I'm pondering one more return to the stage... Not sure how things will go down, as far as being furloughed again... But... Toying with the idea...

Mr. Dead
11-14-13, 11:08 am
I posted this in "Tales From My Crypt"... And feel that is appropriate in here, as well...

Another year in the books... I still remember when I first came here... I lurked for several months... Not sure if I belonged here, and was somewhat intimidated... Eventually I won a PROMO on bb.com... Naturalguy picked me, and some others to run Animal Test and EAA Stack... I made mention that I had an account here, and would be more than willing to log it on here, as well... As I started posting more regularly on here, I grew to feel at home here... I've made many friends here, had many triumphs and tragedies... I've also been many things here, and at the Universal site... I've been a Rep, an ABC Coordinator, a Mod, a benefactor, a beneficiary, comic relief, a teacher, a student, and a few other things... The one thing that I hope to strive to be and maintain, are the titles of "Friend" and "Brother"... It is because of the many awesome people here, that I always find myself returning here... Here's to another year...

DANO
11-14-13, 11:24 am
This is by no means "etched in stone"... But... I'm pondering one more return to the stage... Not sure how things will go down, as far as being furloughed again... But... Toying with the idea...

Why not?

Nightshift
11-15-13, 12:22 pm
Sounds like you have some unfinished business with the stage!! If it's right, the time will present itself!

Mr. Dead
11-15-13, 4:33 pm
Why not?

Sounds like you have some unfinished business with the stage!! If it's right, the time will present itself!

It mostly depends on the financial end of things... They're talking about another furlough, and possible layoffs... And that's not even considering another government shutdown, which seems to be inevitable in January...

Mr. Dead
11-19-13, 10:51 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?41866-Raging-XL-With-the-Grape-of-Wrath-(A-Deadman-s-Tale)

Mr. Dead
12-29-13, 7:47 pm
Back on the grind... Currently about to step out into the cold and grill up a few pounds of chicken for the next few days... Feels good to be back into the rhythm...

Christman
12-29-13, 9:24 pm
The grind is a good thing, its what we do. Hope to see you in Columbus this year.

Mr. Dead
01-06-14, 11:09 am
The grind is a good thing, its what we do. Hope to see you in Columbus this year.

Sadly, it doesn't look like I will be there... Other "commitments" are preventing that... But... I should be at the "O"...

Mr. Dead
01-06-14, 11:12 am
Well, after several months away... I find myself back to the shape of a "god"... Unfortunately, it's Buddha... Spent too much time focusing on some business projects, and neglected myself... I'm 36 lbs lighter than I was at this time, last year... And not in a good way... But... I'm on the rebound, and am forcing myself to make time...

Mr. Dead
01-07-14, 4:39 pm
Will be hitting legs tonight, with a member from here that hasn't been around a whole lot...

Mr. Dead
01-08-14, 10:55 am
I hate stairs...!!! I hate the person that decided the universal height for toilet seats...!!! I hate walking...!!! But... Pain is... Goooood... *LOL* Had a good workout with chasebayne...

shortstack
01-08-14, 11:18 am
I hate stairs...!!! I hate the person that decided the universal height for toilet seats...!!! I hate walking...!!! But... Pain is... Goooood... *LOL* Had a good workout with chasebayne...

That sounds like a perfect leg day. Good to see you back in the saddle and getting some good training days in.

Mr. Dead
01-08-14, 1:56 pm
That sounds like a perfect leg day. Good to see you back in the saddle and getting some good training days in.

It wuz... I may have to go to IHOP, for all-you-can-eat pancakes to aid in recovery...

Mr. Dead
01-09-14, 12:22 pm
Today will be chesticles and delts...

Mr. Dead
01-10-14, 12:40 pm
A wee bit sore, today... Both pec insertions are screaming with any arm movements... A good day, indeed...

Tonight is back, posterior delts, and calves...

DANO
01-11-14, 12:20 pm
I am going to try and hit some chest and legs, while I am working my shift here at The Gym.

I know all about it being hard to get back into a rhythm.

Mr. Dead
01-13-14, 4:40 pm
I am going to try and hit some chest and legs, while I am working my shift here at The Gym.

I know all about it being hard to get back into a rhythm.

How about them Broncos...???

Mr. Dead
01-14-14, 12:34 pm
After a lot of discussion, soul-searching, and reality based thought... I am officially retired from competition... With that being the case... I will, however, continue to train and maintain as a bodybuilder... And I look forward to training the next generation of those dedicated to the sport, an active lifestyle, and general health/weight loss... Just a new chapter in the journey...

Mr. Dead
01-15-14, 11:12 am
Another addendum to the above:

I've also added a couple of new goals, as well... I hope to become a bodybuilding judge, and also have a desire to promote my own bodybuilding contest...

Mr. Dead
02-14-14, 11:22 am
Just a quick check-in... Still alive... Training is still taking a backseat to studying, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel... Hope everyone is doing well...!!!

DANO
02-15-14, 11:24 am
Another addendum to the above:

I've also added a couple of new goals, as well... I hope to become a bodybuilding judge, and also have a desire to promote my own bodybuilding contest...

Nice! I might have to cut down for that one!

Just a quick check-in... Still alive... Training is still taking a backseat to studying, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel... Hope everyone is doing well...!!!

Doing ok, on my end, back to working around 14 hours a day again!

Mr. Dead
02-17-14, 8:20 pm
Nice! I might have to cut down for that one!

Doing ok, on my end, back to working around 14 hours a day again!

Promoting a show is a ways off in the making, but on the radar... Should finally have all of my schooling finished and certified by next month and can get back to training, again... But not for a show...

chasebayne
02-18-14, 2:04 am
Promoting a show is a ways off in the making, but on the radar... Should finally have all of my schooling finished and certified by next month and can get back to training, again... But not for a show...O
Hurry up and get back! I have my previous strength back from the injures so now i actually train hard. Theres 'only two people who will do leg day with me. one is 130# and the other is not physically capable of spotting.

Mr. Dead
02-18-14, 3:26 pm
O
Hurry up and get back! I have my previous strength back from the injures so now i actually train hard. Theres 'only two people who will do leg day with me. one is 130# and the other is not physically capable of spotting.

Soon... Will keep ya posted for when I'm back at it...

Mr. Dead
03-18-14, 11:26 am
Just an update... 1 more class, then review, and then the test... In the meantime, I've started a bit of that "Cardio Bunny" crap...

Gambit
03-20-14, 10:41 am
Glad to see you're still getting your work done, MD. Keep it up!

Mr. Dead
03-23-14, 8:07 pm
Glad to see you're still getting your work done, MD. Keep it up!

Thanks...!!! Doing what I can, while I can...

Mr. Dead
03-23-14, 8:07 pm
Took my final class, today... Now only have to review, study up, and take my test... Been a long time coming...

deanna7272
03-24-14, 7:57 am
Took my final class, today... Now only have to review, study up, and take my test... Been a long time coming...

Whew...

Good luck... Finish Strong!!

;-)

Mr. Dead
03-24-14, 12:41 pm
Whew...

Good luck... Finish Strong!!

;-)

Thanks...!!! Will do...!!!

Mr. Dead
03-31-14, 11:59 am
Have officially started my cardio bunny torment. Doing Shaun T's T-25 at o'darkthirty with the wife. Time to get lean!

Kowboy
03-31-14, 2:15 pm
Have officially started my cardio bunny torment. Doing Shaun T's T-25 at o'darkthirty with the wife. Time to get lean!

His workouts suck lol they wear me out. I did insanity at home when I couldn't make it to the gym.

Mr. Dead
03-31-14, 3:05 pm
His workouts suck lol they wear me out. I did insanity at home when I couldn't make it to the gym.

I had let myself slide into being the fattest and most out of shape I've ever been. And, the wife wanted someone to do the program with her.

Mr. Dead
04-01-14, 11:19 am
Day 2 of o'darkthirty cardio. Getting flashbacks of Contest Prep. I hate cardio!

Kowboy
04-02-14, 9:14 am
I had let myself slide into being the fattest and most out of shape I've ever been. And, the wife wanted someone to do the program with her.

It def works, Insanity is a very fitting name for what I did.

Mr. Dead
04-02-14, 4:01 pm
It def works, Insanity is a very fitting name for what I did.

Well... After 3 days, I have gained 5 lbs. I don't think this is agreeing with me or doing what it is supposed to.

Mr. Dead
04-08-14, 2:27 pm
Have not lost the gained weight. No bueno. But, the wife is happy, so be it.

Mr. Dead
04-28-14, 2:30 pm
Still been hitting my 5am cardio... Also just got a nutribullet... On the road to healthy... Just been overly swamped with work, side projects, and with the warmer weather I have the "honey do" list... Hope everyone is doing well...

Mr. Dead
05-13-14, 3:35 pm
Still being slammed at work, and with side projects... But, getting that Cardio Bunny crap done... Once things slow down enough, I'll get back to slinging the iron a bit more appropriately for this FORVM... Hope all is well with everyone...

Mr. Dead
06-30-14, 12:33 pm
Fell off of the wagon for a bit. Pretty much stopped most everything, and pretty much just zoned out. But, I have removed my head from my anal orifice and am now plodding along again. My apologies for the lack of updates, just haven't quite been myself as of late. Trying to climb back out of the pit.

Mr. Dead
07-01-14, 10:53 am
To continue on with the above post. I pretty much let myself go, all the way to the point of being in my worst shape ever. Abdominal circumference is the largest it's ever been in my life, and my strength levels have plummeted to the point of not emberassing. Time to "nut up" and do work!

Mr. Dead
07-02-14, 10:54 am
Currently, I'm hitting 25 minutes of cardio Monday-Friday. I've also added some "smoothies" into my regimen. My morning one consists of kale, spinach, chard, almonds, Lemonade Ultra Iso Whey, blueberries, black berries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, pineapple, Maca, Chia, flax seed, and almond milk. My night time one is made of spinach, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, raspberries, blue berries, black berries, and almond milk.
Current stack:
Ultra Iso Whey
Cuts
Shock Therapy
Animal Flex
Animal Pak
Various forms of aminos

Will be incorporating some stretching in the evenings, and will only be lifting M-W-F. Goals have changed over time, as I have stopped competing and am more focused on my health as age is becoming a factor.

Ed Eliason
07-02-14, 12:15 pm
Those smoothies sound good. I drink something similar minus the whey most days. Best of luck reaching your new goals.

Mr. Dead
07-07-14, 6:40 pm
Those smoothies sound good. I drink something similar minus the whey most days. Best of luck reaching your new goals.

Thanks! And to you, as well!

Mr. Dead
07-14-14, 11:59 am
I may finally be able to refocus on things. I'll be starting a new job on the 28th. It's a raise, promotion, and transfer. I'll be leaving nursing and going to the admin side of the house. Far less stress and more money is a win, in my books. Still getting in the morning cardio, but it's been a bit difficult due to the thick humidity, which tends to trigger my asthma. But plugging away.

Inarius
07-14-14, 2:50 pm
I may finally be able to refocus on things. I'll be starting a new job on the 28th. It's a raise, promotion, and transfer. I'll be leaving nursing and going to the admin side of the house. Far less stress and more money is a win, in my books. Still getting in the morning cardio, but it's been a bit difficult due to the thick humidity, which tends to trigger my asthma. But plugging away.

Congrats on the new job bro!

Mr. Dead
07-23-14, 11:31 am
Congrats on the new job bro!

Thanks...!!! Just trying to survive this final week... The fuckery level at the job I'm leaving is Legendary... With the new job, will be a renewed dedication to the iron... The new place is walking distance from a gym, and this cardio crap is doing absolutely nothing for me... *LOL*

Mr. Dead
08-04-14, 10:14 pm
Well... First day of training at the new gym is in the books... The numbers were pathetic, but it was expected... Only way to go, now, is up... I figure I'll be paying dearly for the next couple of weeks or so, until I start getting back in my groove... Monday was "Gun Day"... Okay, it was "Tiny Little Pipe Cleaner Day"... Gotta go with brutal honesty... Tomorrow will be legs...

Nix0r
08-04-14, 10:39 pm
So he does lift...

Ed Eliason
08-05-14, 12:21 am
I'm excited for you!

Mr. Dead
08-05-14, 8:15 pm
So he does lift...

It's been known to happen, on occasion.

I'm excited for you!

Thanks! Despite the low numbers, just getting in and getting a decent pump felt good.

Mr. Dead
08-05-14, 8:17 pm
Today was chicken legs... Again, the numbers were on the pathetic side... It also didn't help that when I was doing seated leg curls the back of the seat gave out... Not once... But twice... Both times jarred my back pretty good, but I still went on and finished up with calves... Tomorrow is a recovery day, and Thursday will be moobs and delts...

DANO
08-05-14, 8:55 pm
small stumbling blocks....

..get it, stumble on leg day...

Mr. Dead
08-05-14, 8:57 pm
small stumbling blocks....

..get it, stumble on leg day...

That will be tomorrow... *LOL* How goes it...???

DANO
08-05-14, 9:01 pm
Pretty good... working my tail off, but still finding a little time here and there to lift, nothing as regular as I would like... but beggars can't be choosers.

Mr. Dead
08-05-14, 9:03 pm
Pretty good... working my tail off, but still finding a little time here and there to lift, nothing as regular as I would like... but beggars can't be choosers.

I know that feeling... At least, since I started this new job, I have an easier time of getting in now... It's free and literally just across the street from my new clinic...

DANO
08-05-14, 9:07 pm
Outstanding! I look forward to big things from ya!

Mr. Dead
08-05-14, 9:09 pm
Outstanding! I look forward to big things from ya!

Thanks...!!! Just hoping to get healthy, again... My previous job took a heavy toll on me...

Themostocles
08-05-14, 11:26 pm
And the Dead shall rise to devour the weights...

Mr. Dead
08-10-14, 10:51 pm
And the Dead shall rise to devour the weights...

Tryin' to! I'm hopin' muscle memory kicks in, soon! Which brings me to my next conundrum... Continue to cut, and not make gains? Orrrrrrrr... Do a clean bulk?

Themostocles
08-11-14, 3:42 am
Eat reasonably and get used to being back at the gym? Im simple like that lol

Mr. Dead
08-11-14, 9:26 pm
Eat reasonably and get used to being back at the gym? Im simple like that lol

Dammit...!!! Quit being logical...!!! *LOL*

Mr. Dead
08-11-14, 9:28 pm
Been a hell of a day. Shorthanded at work, yet again, pulled over by the cops on my way home, and Robin Williams left us. Only saving grace for this day was a good arm session at the gym.

DANO
08-11-14, 9:59 pm
At least the arm session was good... Ya that sucks about Robin Williams... One of the greatest comic minds EVER.

Themostocles
08-12-14, 12:37 am
At least the arm session was good... Ya that sucks about Robin Williams... One of the greatest comic minds EVER.

^This. Im tired, original thoughts elude me

Mr. Dead
08-16-14, 3:52 pm

True on all accounts. Ready for sum football...???

^This. Im tired, original thoughts elude me

Them feels, I know them well. Still adapting to getting up at 4:30 to make it to work on time.

Well, the new job is definitely agreeing with me. My TMJ issue seems to be resolving. I'm less stressed and higher paid. And I finally am back into a steady gym routine. I'm also a lot happier and less irritable. No complaints at all, and enjoying it.

Mr. Dead
08-18-14, 10:08 pm
Got in another solid arm session, numbers are slowly climbing back up. Got chicken legs, tomorrow. Hope all are doing well!

Ed Eliason
08-18-14, 11:41 pm
Yeah!! Chicken legs!

Themostocles
08-19-14, 1:20 am
Well, the new job is definitely agreeing with me. My TMJ issue seems to be resolving. I'm less stressed and higher paid. And I finally am back into a steady gym routine. I'm also a lot happier and less irritable. No complaints at all, and enjoying it.

You couldve done all that with some Xanax.... except for the higher pay >>

Get them chicken legs and drum sticks! May the strongest zombie get the brains

Mr. Dead
08-23-14, 12:16 am
Yeah!! Chicken legs!

The funny part is... They're my favorite thing to train, but the most stubborn to grow, aside from my "moobs".

You couldve done all that with some Xanax.... except for the higher pay >>

Get them chicken legs and drum sticks! May the strongest zombie get the brains

Actually, I'm even calmer, now. Originally my schedule was going to be changed, next month, but after some talking, it was kept the way it was. And, all of the staff know and respect my choices in diet and activities. Win/Win!

DANO
08-27-14, 9:39 pm
True on all accounts. Ready for sum football...???

Always!! haha

Mr. Dead
08-28-14, 10:22 pm
Always!! haha

My Raiders are playing the Seachickens tonight. On a side note, been dealing with a minor low back injury. Was doing seated leg curls and the back of the seat gave out in mid lift, which jarred my back. It also claimed 2 other people that day.

Mr. Dead
09-02-14, 8:06 pm
Alright, cleared to getting back to the gym. Also, the wife has ordered me a new "Secret Weapon", which is guaranteed to improve my lifts and make naturalguy jealous! *LOL*

DANO
09-03-14, 9:50 pm
Alright, cleared to getting back to the gym. Also, the wife has ordered me a new "Secret Weapon", which is guaranteed to improve my lifts and make naturalguy jealous! *LOL*

haha... Sounds scary!!

Mr. Dead
09-20-14, 11:30 pm
haha... Sounds scary!!

Oakland Raider Zubaz...!!!

Mr. Dead
09-20-14, 11:35 pm
Training went off, for a bit... Got a bit tied up with work and a side business venture... As far as the side venture goes, that is no longer a concern, as I have severed ties with that project, and am now free to pursue other things... Work, however, has been a bit hectic and crazy... Also been dealing with some issues with my back and knees, as well as some major calf cramping... Also been busy with some Halloween acquisitions, and I must say... Gonna be a memorable holiday, for sure...!!!

Now, then... Been hemming and hawing over a couple of nagging thoughts in my head... Trying to get my focus and get on track, but I seem to be having difficulty... It seems that if I have nothing to train for, such as a show or what not... I seem to fall off the wagon in regards to training... I need to get that love and focus back... Damn sure got my gut back... Open for thoughts or suggestions...

twoheadedboy
09-20-14, 11:49 pm
Training went off, for a bit... Got a bit tied up with work and a side business venture... As far as the side venture goes, that is no longer a concern, as I have severed ties with that project, and am now free to pursue other things... Work, however, has been a bit hectic and crazy... Also been dealing with some issues with my back and knees, as well as some major calf cramping... Also been busy with some Halloween acquisitions, and I must say... Gonna be a memorable holiday, for sure...!!!

Now, then... Been hemming and hawing over a couple of nagging thoughts in my head... Trying to get my focus and get on track, but I seem to be having difficulty... It seems that if I have nothing to train for, such as a show or what not... I seem to fall off the wagon in regards to training... I need to get that love and focus back... Damn sure got my gut back... Open for thoughts or suggestions...

Keep yourself accountable in every way possible. Do a show, even if it's a small one, and commit to seeing to the end no matter what happens between decision day and the show. If that means you break a leg and are there in the audience with a cast, so be it. Keep yourself accountable on the internet, too - pictures, weigh-ins, training logs, diet logs, whatever it takes. I say pick the first show in 2015 within reasonable traveling distance and do it. If you show up anything but your most optimal condition, own up to it.

Ed Eliason
09-21-14, 12:03 am
Keep yourself accountable in every way possible. Do a show, even if it's a small one, and commit to seeing to the end no matter what happens between decision day and the show. If that means you break a leg and are there in the audience with a cast, so be it. Keep yourself accountable on the internet, too - pictures, weigh-ins, training logs, diet logs, whatever it takes. I say pick the first show in 2015 within reasonable traveling distance and do it. If you show up anything but your most optimal condition, own up to it.

Sounds like a plan to me!! Do it!!

Mr. Dead
09-24-14, 8:44 pm

Sounds like a plan to me!! Do it!!

Normally, I would consider that a more than logical answer to my issue. But, I've retired from competing and the wife is overly adamant that I stay that way. Between the financial cost and my behavior when I'm in "Prep", let's just say I'm not ready to lose my house, and give her all of what she owns and half of what I own. And I actually attend a lot of the shows in the area. However, she did give me a pretty point on set of reasons why I do need to get my fat slob of a self in shape. (*Note the wording* lol) And a few of those reasons are a bit private but extremely good incentive to say the least.

Mr. Dead
10-06-14, 9:15 pm
Arms
Tri's:
Hammer Strength Dip Apparatus 2x8 + 6 (240...)
Dumbbell Triceps Ext 2 x 8 + 6 (55-lb DB...)
Triceps pushdowns 2 x 8 + 6 at stack...

Bi's:
Incline Dumbbell curls 2 x 8 + 6 (20 lb DBs...)
Hammer Curls 2 x 8 + 6 (40 lb DBs...)
Preacher curls 2 x 8 + 6 (45 lbs...)

Abs:
Planks... 7 held for 45 seconds each...

Themostocles
10-06-14, 11:55 pm
Grow, chicken wings, grow!

Mr. Dead
10-07-14, 10:41 pm
Grow, chicken wings, grow!

Thanks! And speaking of Chicken...

Chicken Legs

1 set of 50 at 80
1 set of 40 at 90
1 set of 30 at 100
Leg extension:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 145
Leg press:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 5 plates per side
Hack Squats:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 1 plate and a 25 per side
Lying leg curls:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 90
Seated Leg Curls:
2 sets of 8 + 6 at 145
Adductor Machine
2 sets of 8 +6 at Stack
Abductor Machine
2 sets of 8+6 at Stack

Themostocles
10-08-14, 12:49 am
Hitting from every angle, good work!

Mr. Dead
10-08-14, 7:52 pm
Hitting from every angle, good work!

Thanks! Feelin' it, today.

Mr. Dead
10-08-14, 7:53 pm
The wife is sick, so I took on the household duties and taking care of the animals. Moobs, tomorrow.

DANO
10-09-14, 9:55 am
I hope she feels better...

Mr. Dead
10-12-14, 11:46 am
I hope she feels better...

Thanks. She got better. However, I caught a different type of crud from one of the soldiers I work with, and am on Day 3. Fever broke last night, around 11pm. On a positive note, though, with all of the sneezing, coughing, hacking, and gagging I've gotten a killer workout in my abs, pecs, delts, and traps. *LOL*

twoheadedboy
10-12-14, 8:39 pm
Normally, I would consider that a more than logical answer to my issue. But, I've retired from competing and the wife is overly adamant that I stay that way. Between the financial cost and my behavior when I'm in "Prep", let's just say I'm not ready to lose my house, and give her all of what she owns and half of what I own. And I actually attend a lot of the shows in the area. However, she did give me a pretty point on set of reasons why I do need to get my fat slob of a self in shape. (*Note the wording* lol) And a few of those reasons are a bit private but extremely good incentive to say the least.

Don't do a real show then. Just do a before/after 12 week challenge. Post the befores on the internet and pledge to post the afters as well, whatever the result. I know you have the knowledge and you seem to have the drive to make positive change, now you just have to figure out how to harness that without an actual show as a goal.

Mr. Dead
12-19-14, 11:43 am
I know it's been a loooong bit... Got some good things coming up for 2015, at both my job and my fitness endeavors...

But, I want to wish all of my brothers and sisters on here an extremely very Merry and Happy Holiday Season...!!!

DANO
12-19-14, 11:50 pm
I know it's been a loooong bit... Got some good things coming up for 2015, at both my job and my fitness endeavors...

But, I want to wish all of my brothers and sisters on here an extremely very Merry and Happy Holiday Season...!!!

DEADMAN!!!!!
Great to see you here!!!
Hey, I heard word that I may have to travel to Washington state for my work, if I do expect a PM from me!!!

Mr. Dead
12-20-14, 7:11 pm
DEADMAN!!!!!
Great to see you here!!!
Hey, I heard word that I may have to travel to Washington state for my work, if I do expect a PM from me!!!

That would be awesome...!!!

Mr. Dead
04-24-15, 6:57 pm
Still alive. Pondering a few different things, as far as training. Also got tricked into doing a 5k next month. Been pretty tied up with work, as I'm trying to get up the next rung of the hospital administration ladder. Hope everyone is doing well...

Ed Eliason
04-25-15, 12:18 am
Tricked into a 5k????
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Mr. Dead
04-27-15, 10:51 am
Tricked into a 5k????
HAHAHAHAHAHA

My wife is an evil creature. *LOL*

Mr. Dead
06-07-15, 3:44 pm
So... I survived the 5k... Back to lifting... I'm pondering doing a powerlifting type of program... Try and maybe get some functional strength going on...

Ed Eliason
06-07-15, 6:24 pm
So... I survived the 5k... Back to lifting... I'm pondering doing a powerlifting type of program... Try and maybe get some functional strength going on...

Sweet!! I've been kicking around the idea of running a 5K. I've participated in a couple of 2 mile fun runs with my son lately and it didn't kill me. Maybe this summer I'll buck up and run a 5K.

Glad to here your back to lifting, go get em!

Mr. Dead
11-11-15, 12:01 pm
*Cough... Cough...* I guess I better dust this thing off...

Mr. Dead
11-12-15, 10:05 am
So, where to begin?

I transferred into a new job. Same pay, slightly different hours, more responsibility, and working strictly with Active Duty Soldiers. I took an Admin position with an Aid Station with an Engineer Brigade.

Was in a car wreck shortly after that. Concussion, neck and back injuries. You know the usual things associated with that. But have since fully healed.

Mozart , my rottweiler, was diagnosed with cancer. It was a huge blow to both my wife and I. However, he's a fighter, so we started him on a holistic therapy with studies that show a 90% success rate. There's some mushrooms that attack cancer stem cells, and even have success with Stage 4 cancers. The tumor has gotten smaller, and he is still his usual self, with a limp. But, as I said, he's a fighter.

Halloween was a huge success, and I had a total blast with it.

But, now it's time to get back to training. My mind and body are back on track, and I'm ready to start having some fun in the gym again! I put on a bit of a gut and lost a lot of muscle during this period of time, so I'm ready to get back to at least where I once was.

C.Coronato
11-12-15, 10:27 am
Good to see you back to training Deadman, and im very sorry to hear about your dog. Hopefully he pulls through!

Mr. Dead
11-12-15, 10:31 am
Good to see you back to training Deadman, and im very sorry to hear about your dog. Hopefully he pulls through!

Thanks! As I said, he's a fighter. He gets more and more like his old self each day. And if he can do that, I have no excuse to not fight my way back to being healthy.

Mr. Dead
11-23-15, 10:14 am
Going back to doing Solo HRT. Not overly concerned about diet, at present and due to the holidays. Also will be throwing in a little cardio, for the lungs and ticker. Not training for anything in particular. Just miss the feeling of training, and the stress relief I get from it.

Supps are pretty basic, as I'm spending a bit more on Mozart's treatments. Plus, they're only the icing on the cake. Training consistency is currently my focus. After the holidays, I'll tighten up the diet and start on a supplement stack.

I'll be using my normal training split, with cardio on the weekends and Wednesdays.

Firedrake
11-24-15, 9:00 pm
Hey, Deadman! It's been a while. I decided to come back and check out the old home place. It's been a rough patch of road, but I'm getting by, day by day.

How's Mozart?

Mr. Dead
11-24-15, 10:16 pm
Hey, Deadman! It's been a while. I decided to come back and check out the old home place. It's been a rough patch of road, but I'm getting by, day by day.

How's Mozart?

I know the rough patches all too well. Hang in there!

Mozart is doing okay. He has his good days and bad. He's finally eating all of his meals, but there's days when he's short tempered, and days when he's very weak.

Christman
11-25-15, 10:56 am
Good to see you back here on the regular.

Mr. Dead
11-25-15, 5:06 pm
Good to see you back here on the regular.

At least about as regular as I can be, with all that's going on at home.

Mr. Dead
12-14-15, 8:58 pm
Workouts are going well. No numbers worth posting at present. Still trying to get even some semblance of the strength I used to have. But still plugging away.

Mr. Dead
12-24-15, 6:24 pm
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy/Merry WhateverYouCelebrate...!!!

Mr. Dead
01-25-16, 6:43 pm
So... The day after Christmas, we had to put Mozart down. During the past months up to that, neither my wife nor I took very good care of ourselves. I spent the last 4 weeks battling a case of shingles. I would not wish those on even my worst enemy (Not sure if I have one of those, though. *LOL*) Also, due to the crappy "food" I ate over the course of those months, I also developed a fatty liver. My wife, Igor, and myself are slowly moving on after our loss. Anytime the commercial that Mozart used to sing to comes on, Igor cries, and goes frantically searching for him. Leaves a heaviness in the heart. My wife has started to look at breeders, for a new Rottweiler.

Work has changed a bit, and will continue to do so, until we finally get our official timeline for moving our clinic. We'll be moving to the clinic I left in late July. It will be a good change, as I will once again be right across the street from the gym.

I hope you all are doing well, and smashing PRs. I intend on being on here quite a bit more often.

Later, all.

DANO
01-26-16, 2:07 pm
So... The day after Christmas, we had to put Mozart down. During the past months up to that, neither my wife nor I took very good care of ourselves. I spent the last 4 weeks battling a case of shingles. I would not wish those on even my worst enemy (Not sure if I have one of those, though. *LOL*) Also, due to the crappy "food" I ate over the course of those months, I also developed a fatty liver. My wife, Igor, and myself are slowly moving on after our loss. Anytime the commercial that Mozart used to sing to comes on, Igor cries, and goes frantically searching for him. Leaves a heaviness in the heart. My wife has started to look at breeders, for a new Rottweiler.

Work has changed a bit, and will continue to do so, until we finally get our official timeline for moving our clinic. We'll be moving to the clinic I left in late July. It will be a good change, as I will once again be right across the street from the gym.

I hope you all are doing well, and smashing PRs. I intend on being on here quite a bit more often.

Later, all.

Sorry to hear about Mozart. I know how much of your heart can be given to our 4-legged friends.
Stay strong, and see ya around.

Oh, and Go Broncos,
-Dan

Mr. Dead
01-31-16, 7:26 pm
Sorry to hear about Mozart. I know how much of your heart can be given to our 4-legged friends.
Stay strong, and see ya around.

Oh, and Go Broncos,
-Dan

Thanks, brother. His passing hit us hard. Igor is still looking for him, when the commercial Mozart used to sing to comes on. But, we are finally at a point of moving on. My wife has gotten in contact with a reputable breeder in Arizona, and is offering her the pick of the litter. Looking forward to the clinic moving, if only for the convenience of the gym being "right there".*LOL*

Mr. Dead
02-01-16, 11:31 am
So... Today marks the first day, really back at it. Including a cleaned up diet and some cardio. For the first 2 weeks, just going to be doing a beginner format of 3 working sets of 10 reps per exercise, and my usual split. Then, I'll decide where to go from there. Considering either a powerlifting style of training, or Solo HRT. Leaning towards the powerlifting, as it would be something new for me, and be a bit more functional.

Mr. Dead
03-08-16, 12:27 pm
Finally have gotten into a set schedule for the gym. Been going well for the past 3 1/2 weeks, with my strength slowly returning. About to take the training wheels back off and switch things up from the beginner program I followed during that time. Still debating between a powerlifting program or Solo HRT. Hope all is going well for everyone.

DANO
03-24-16, 3:28 pm
Go PowerBuilding
That is how I have always structured my stuff, and have loved it...

Mr. Dead
07-19-16, 12:15 pm
Been a lot of craziness over the past year, some good, some bad. I'll finally be able to start devoting a bit more time to this thread, though.

DANO
08-14-16, 4:00 pm
Been a lot of craziness over the past year, some good, some bad. I'll finally be able to start devoting a bit more time to this thread, though.

Hi!

C.Coronato
12-28-16, 9:41 am
Whats the good word, Mr. Dead?

Mr. Dead
12-28-16, 1:33 pm
Whats the good word, Mr. Dead?
Been a bit of a roller coaster ride for the past 1 1/2 years:

(*Disclaimer this is only a rough idea of how things have gone, and definitely not a pity party*)
July 2015 Car wreck
September 2015 Mozart is diagnosed with cancer
December 26, 2015 Mozart passes
January 02, 2016 My first bout of shingles
February 2016 My favorite uncle passes
May 2016 my wife's grandma passes
July, 2016 We adopt Schroeder (Our new Rottweiler puppy)
July, 2016 was able to buy the wife a new 2016 Toyota Tundra
September 2016 Job site changed
October 2016 Father-in-law passes
November 2016 Hit and run car wreck
November 2016 Father placed in ICU with heart and lung failure, placed on oxygen, failed on that, was eventually given tracheostomy and a feeding tube. He's ben placed in long-term care.
December 2016 remaining uncle on my mother's side passes.

In the midst of all of this, my own health slid into the dumper. To the point of being I my worst shape ever. That being said... my wife and I have signed up for the "Seattle: Muddy Muggle" a 5k obstacle course and mud run loosely based on Harry Potter. Slowly starting to regain my strength and endurance. I will be here quite a bit more frequently, as I have never seen the sense of support and family anywhere else. Starting back from scratch, but starting back up not sliding back down.

Enough of me... How goes it with you?

C.Coronato
12-28-16, 1:43 pm
We all get knocked down, just gotta keep getting back up my brother. I'm sorry to hear about so much pain my brother.

All is well here, no complaints man, just trying to keep my head above water. You know the deal!!

Mr. Dead
12-28-16, 1:47 pm
We all get knocked down, just gotta keep getting back up my brother. I'm sorry to hear about so much pain my brother.

All is well here, no complaints man, just trying to keep my head above water. You know the deal!!

Thank you. The past can't be changed, so I have opted to focus on the present and the future.

Mr. Dead
12-28-16, 2:49 pm
Currently:

Diet:
Literally crap (Taco Bell, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Cheetos, etc.)

Training:
Uhm? Does walking the dogs count?

Supplements:
A rare/occasional protein drink or bar

Future:

Diet:
Modified version of my diet from when I used to compete

Training:
Basic/Standard 3 sets of 10 following my old training split

Supplements:
TBD
I'll have a better idea once I get my diet and training back on track

Mr. Dead
12-29-16, 10:01 am
Tomorrow, I will be getting a brand new top of the line smoker. Side loading for the chips, and can hold up to 80 lbs of food. Food prep has taken a turn for the tasty. May have to teach NG a thing or 2 about smoking. :D

Jay
12-29-16, 11:16 am
Mr. Dead, Sorry to hear about your troubles this past year or so, but Glad to see your back though. Good luck on that race!

Mr. Dead
12-29-16, 3:36 pm
Mr. Dead, Sorry to hear about your troubles this past year or so, but Glad to see your back though. Good luck on that race!

Thank you. I've really missed hanging out in here.

Mr. Dead
03-21-17, 4:23 pm
So... My wife has entered us both in a 5k Mud Run/Obstacle Course in June. Training is now being ramped up, as I have no desire to be followed by paramedics and vultures. It was what she wanted for her birthday, and there are far worse things she could have signed us up for. *LOL*

Mr. Dead
03-22-17, 9:07 am
I've also taken one of the medics that works with me, under my wing. I'm not sure if he knows what he's in for, but I think he will be pleased with the results. I'm revamping his diet and putting him through Solo HRT.

deanna7272
03-22-17, 10:22 am
I've also taken one of the medics that works with me, under my wing. I'm not sure if he knows what he's in for, but I think he will be pleased with the results. I'm revamping his diet and putting him through Solo HRT.

We need to change the name from Mr. Dead to Dr. Evil...lol

Good luck on that Run... I'm not THAT brave yet... I'm going to do a 5k run walk for Autism in May and possibly another for Tyler's Light... I should probably get my ass in gear...lol

Mr. Dead
03-22-17, 10:52 am
We need to change the name from Mr. Dead to Dr. Evil...lol

Good luck on that Run... I'm not THAT brave yet... I'm going to do a 5k run walk for Autism in May and possibly another for Tyler's Light... I should probably get my ass in gear...lol

I will be as gentle with my trainee, as Rage was with me. *LOL* As for the 5k, my wife voluntold me and I do what the voices in her head tell me to do.

Mr. Dead
03-24-17, 8:56 am
I will be as gentle with my trainee, as Rage was with me. *LOL* As for the 5k, my wife voluntold me and I do what the voices in her head tell me to do.

They evidently don't make young soldiers like they used to. He's only survived 2 workouts this week. I think I might have broken him on leg day... *LOL*

deanna7272
03-24-17, 10:50 am
They evidently don't make young soldiers like they used to. He's only survived 2 workouts this week. I think I might have broken him on leg day... *LOL*

They are fragile, it's a generation thing...lol

Mr. Dead
03-28-17, 12:15 pm
They are fragile, it's a generation thing...lol

It's official... I broke him... *LOL* Hence why I generally train alone. It cuts down on being stood up by people that don't seem to know the depth of conviction and dedication involved when training with me.

Mr. Dead
03-29-17, 10:09 am
http://memecrunch.com/meme/3EVT9/kip-gym-meme/image.png?w=400&c=1

First time in a few years that I can say that.

Mr. Dead
04-04-17, 5:18 pm
Strength and size are slowly returning... Hopefully soon, I can be back to at least close to where I was.

MRmichael.hooker
04-04-17, 5:21 pm
Back to training just for personal/health benefit? Or are you considering doing a show again?

Mr. Dead
04-04-17, 5:29 pm
Back to training just for personal/health benefit? Or are you considering doing a show again?

I may try one last run, but it wouldn't be until at least summer/fall 2018... But currently... It's because my wife voluntold me to do a 5k mud run/obstacle course with her, for her birthday. I don't need paramedics and vultures following me. *LOL*

Ed Eliason
04-04-17, 7:07 pm
The run will be fun. It'll also give you something to focus your training on. I always seem to do better when I have a goal with a set date to be ready by.

Mr. Dead
04-05-17, 9:09 am
The run will be fun. It'll also give you something to focus your training on. I always seem to do better when I have a goal with a set date to be ready by.

It's loosely based off of a Harry Potter theme. My wife is a big fan, and it will be her birthday. There's also a limited seating feast that evening, which she got us into. Should be fun.

Mr. Dead
04-05-17, 9:09 am
Since I have finally managed a dedicated return to the gym, I may be pondering one last show. I've competed in the INBF and the military, but am pondering a "natty" NPC show. Kind of a bucket list type of thing for me. It wouldn't be until at least late summer/early fall of 2018. So until December, I will keep that option open and judge where I'm at physically and mentally at that time.

Ed Eliason
04-05-17, 11:10 am
We just went to a NPC natural show in Vancouver last weekend. A couple of friends were competing. It was a good time. That may be an option for you.

Mr. Dead
04-05-17, 12:13 pm
We just went to a NPC natural show in Vancouver last weekend. A couple of friends were competing. It was a good time. That may be an option for you.

Leaning towards doing the NPC Washington State Iron Man, it's generally held in the fall/late summer timeframe. (Plus it's usually held at the Snoqualmie Casino so I could hit the buffet afterwards. *LOL*)

MRmichael.hooker
04-05-17, 2:49 pm
I may try one last run, but it wouldn't be until at least summer/fall 2018... But currently... It's because my wife voluntold me to do a 5k mud run/obstacle course with her, for her birthday. I don't need paramedics and vultures following me. *LOL*

Haha! Well, that's as good of a reason as any.

Mr. Dead
04-06-17, 4:48 pm
Haha! Well, that's as good of a reason as any.

I generally do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to do. It's far safer for me and allows me to sleep with both eyes closed. *LOL*

Mr. Dead
04-10-17, 9:14 am
After a long and serious discussion with my wife, it is more than likely that I will do one more show. I've got some unfinished business on my list, and competing in a NPC show is on it.

MRmichael.hooker
04-10-17, 10:46 am
I generally do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to do. It's far safer for me and allows me to sleep with both eyes closed. *LOL*

Usually that is the best bet, and I'm not too proud to admit it.

Mr. Dead
04-14-17, 9:23 am
So, for the next few weekends, I will be bringing my wife on base to go through some of the obstacle courses on base to prep for our 5k obstacle course mud run. I don't think she knows what she's in for. *LOL*

Ed Eliason
04-14-17, 12:39 pm
That's awesome! I'm sure you will both have a great time!

Mr. Dead
04-14-17, 3:16 pm
That's awesome! I'm sure you will both have a great time!

I actually get a chuckle out of how uncomfortable she gets, just being on base. *LOL*

Mr. Dead
05-03-17, 10:39 am
Training is still ongoing, but a bit sporadic as of late. I've been taking some Army Leadership Development courses, so I can eventually take over a clinic administrator job. The grind and the hustle still continue, mentally and physically.

MRmichael.hooker
05-03-17, 10:45 am
Training is still ongoing, but a bit sporadic as of late. I've been taking some Army Leadership Development courses, so I can eventually take over a clinic administrator job. The grind and the hustle still continue, mentally and physically.

Gotta love leadership development courses. I found out I get to retake one from the beginning. It was originally in Blackboard, but now is in ALMS. If you took the blackboard one, you only had X amount of months to go to a school afterwards. If you didn't get slotted for that school. you have to start over again on the new course through ALMS... I'm so excited...