PDA

View Full Version : Temporarily broken.....

nauticalstar
02-17-13, 2:45 pm
I very rarely post on here.....and now I need some opinions/advice!

How do I begin.... let's see.....In 2011, scapula dysekenesia (sp) started followed by costochondritis. I still have both, but not as bad as when it first happened. The dysekenesia started when I was out of work, sitting hunched over my laptop looking for work. Keep in mind that I was doing EXTREMELY well in the gym before all this happened. Planning on competing in my first powerlifting competition. Yeah, that never happened. Went to the wrong physical therapist for that as well... So moving forward, as my dyskenesia/costochondritis starts diminishing (thanks to accupuncture and cortisone shots), my plantar fascitiis starts up again!!!! This time, worse than the first time I had it.

Went to a foot doctor, got fitted for orthodics. Began my stretches, started wearing my night splint....and then......nothing.... Nothing helped. I had to go for Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment for my foot in November. (http://walking.about.com/od/heelpain/a/pfshockwave.htm) It usually takes 3 months from the initial treatment to start seeing some results. On a scale from 1-10 (10 being the worst), I'm still at a 5. Doc isn't happy that I'm still there. On top of the plantar fascitiis, I've got a bone marrow edema in my heel that attaches to the fascia in my foot, which is making the healing in my foot take even longer. So, it's safe to say, that I'm a big fucking mess.

I can't bench press, I can't squat, I can't deadlift...and I'm beyond fucking upset. I've been very patient.....but my patience is wearing VERY thin. I've gained weight back, weight that I was proud to lose. I feel stuck. I've been going to the gym and working out, but obviously not to the extent of how I want to.

Have any of you ever had these issues? And what have you done to work around them while trying to heal??