PDA

View Full Version : please help with diet ideas to eat clean

skibasgym
02-20-13, 1:33 pm
help please,need something other than chicken/steak etc. even will try fish...
skibs

Aggression
02-20-13, 1:35 pm
Lately I've become a huge fan of the crock pot. I just throw in 2 packages of chicken breast, cut up into chunks and I just add whatever sauce I feel like eating. Last time it was a little bit of brown sugar and a bottle of BBQ sauce. Prior to that, it was a bottle of hot sauce, some butter, and dry ranch dressing mix for some great buffalo chicken. I also pick up random crock pot recipe packets in the food store. They're usually in the rice aisle. Just pick one out and add the ingredients listed on the back of the packet. McCormick's has some great crock pot packet recipes, especially one for a chicken stew with chicken, diced carrots, celery, and potatoes. Hearty and clean.

Throw any ingredients in there with some meat and cook it on low for 8hrs. The chicken basically falls apart. Damn good and definitely doesn't feel like you're eating plain chicken.

IrishMike
02-20-13, 1:39 pm
One of my favorites is fish tacos

You can make the coating by using your favorite spices to season some finely ground oats.

spray some foil. cover a baking pan and bake at 350 until crust is at desired consistency. ( about 20-25 min)

I use Oat Bran pitas

Garnish with shredded cabbage and some hot sauce

croc
02-26-13, 10:37 pm
help please,need something other than chicken/steak etc. even will try fish...
skibs

dude the easiest way I learned to vary your diet is baking chicken in different seasonings/low cal sauces and you have tons a varieties you could make with your chicken.