PDA

View Full Version : Macros

TruMotivation
02-21-13, 3:13 am
Hey Animal fam, so I am learning more about the marcos and I got the my fitness pal app on my phone which helps a lot. but I am trying to figure out what the best ratio is. Most say 40p, 40c, 20f.... I am 194lbs 5 '11 6days a week cardio, usually burn 500-600 calories so it says. I train after work 6 days a week as well for 60min. 4x10's 30 second rest. I am trying to get to 170 by june 1st. Any input is appreciated.

TRU

awayoflife
02-21-13, 7:35 am
I really don’t aim for a certain ratio but for a cut I try to aim for less than 1g of carbs/lb of bodyweight and keep protein intake high (about 1.5g/lb of bodyweight). The fats that I consume are found in the food that I eat (beef, eggs, chicken and so on). I usually keep this diet until I achieve my desired look and make adjustments along the way if I feel that ii need more/less carbs).

C.Coronato
02-21-13, 9:08 am
Im not one to count macros to be honest i have no clue what they are. Im 6 weeks out from my bb show, and i could tell you my carbs, and thats it.

Play around with it, but don't let the numbers control you. What is your exact diet now?

GUNS
02-21-13, 9:33 am
Im not one to count macros to be honest i have no clue what they are. Im 6 weeks out from my bb show, and i could tell you my carbs, and thats it.

Play around with it, but don't let the numbers control you. What is your exact diet now?

^^^Listen to this guy!^^^

Aggression
02-21-13, 10:45 am
Agreed with C.Coronato, above. Don't let a diet become homework. Just eat and make adjustments as needed.

TruMotivation
02-21-13, 10:27 pm
Agreed with C.Coronato, above. Don't let a diet become homework. Just eat and make adjustments as needed.

I understand we shouldnt make it home work but what you eat is 70-80% of your transformation(plus rest) To be honest I am not sure what to eat all the time. I look up whats healthy and go from there. this is what I ate yesterday

myoplex light right when I woke up, cuts, fish oil, and hit the cardio for 35 min(intervals on the stair stepper) and did 30 min of abs
1 serving of Torrent after, animal pak
Breakfast 1 cup of regular oatmeal, 8 cubes of cantaloupe
Break time cup of almonds
Lunch 2 chicken breast, salad no dressing, green peppers, mushrooms, and kidney beans
Break time same
dinner hour before gym-starkist can of tuna with PB2
Hit gym for 60 min doing back
after myoplex atomic 7

fat 35 g 17%
carbs 163g 34%
protein 232g 49%

I just want to lose this body fat and maintain muscle, need to cut 6% BF

pushin weight
02-23-13, 3:01 pm
I understand we shouldnt make it home work but what you eat is 70-80% of your transformation(plus rest) To be honest I am not sure what to eat all the time. I look up whats healthy and go from there. this is what I ate yesterday

myoplex light right when I woke up, cuts, fish oil, and hit the cardio for 35 min(intervals on the stair stepper) and did 30 min of abs
1 serving of Torrent after, animal pak
Breakfast 1 cup of regular oatmeal, 8 cubes of cantaloupe
Break time cup of almonds
Lunch 2 chicken breast, salad no dressing, green peppers, mushrooms, and kidney beans
Break time same
dinner hour before gym-starkist can of tuna with PB2
Hit gym for 60 min doing back
after myoplex atomic 7

fat 35 g 17%
carbs 163g 34%
protein 232g 49%

I just want to lose this body fat and maintain muscle, need to cut 6% BF

1- rely on whole food sources of protein and carbs more

2- if you do too much cardio on top of caloric restriction your body will slow your metabolism down to a snails pace..

3- learn to feel your bodies metabolism working( I know this sounds strange but you need to eat in intervals that do not allow you to starve yourself. When you get it dialed in your body will feel balanced as in no serious hunger and no weird insulin spikes or drops)

4- Good luck. Diet is the difference between the men and the boys( and I say that as one of the boys....lol)

TruMotivation
02-23-13, 11:21 pm
1- rely on whole food sources of protein and carbs more

2- if you do too much cardio on top of caloric restriction your body will slow your metabolism down to a snails pace..

3- learn to feel your bodies metabolism working( I know this sounds strange but you need to eat in intervals that do not allow you to starve yourself. When you get it dialed in your body will feel balanced as in no serious hunger and no weird insulin spikes or drops)

4- Good luck. Diet is the difference between the men and the boys( and I say that as one of the boys....lol)

Sounds good, I have toned down the cardio this week. I weight myself every monday(scale only means so much) I been killing the weights, been going heavy and then end with a drop set which has been working. I can tell a difference from a picture of month ago. the Stomach is the main problem especially the lower portion. I guess when you have had a slight gut for over 20yrs its going to be tough to reverse it. We will see. Only been training hard with a good diet and cardio for a month or so.

C.Coronato
02-25-13, 9:18 am
You def need protein at every meal. Oats with cantaloup or a handful of almonds are not solid meals.

If you are doing fasted cardio I wouldnt have anything before it. Sip Atomic 7 when you are there.

Come home have egg whites and oats.

That should get the ball rolling.

TruMotivation
02-27-13, 12:17 am
You def need protein at every meal. Oats with cantaloup or a handful of almonds are not solid meals.

If you are doing fasted cardio I wouldnt have anything before it. Sip Atomic 7 when you are there.

Come home have egg whites and oats.

That should get the ball rolling.

Thats what I been doing this week. Breakfast today(prepare yourself) cantaloupe, oatmeal, pb2, rice, and tuna together. It was pretty good! I did 45 min of cardio this morning, 30 min intervals with 15 min steady state on stair master.