PDA

View Full Version : Carbs in the evening

awayoflife
02-21-13, 7:34 am
What up animal nation?

It’s been a while since I got on the FORVM and I would really need some advice.

I would like to go back to training in the evening and I wanted to ask about carb consumption post w/o.
For example if I have my EAA Stack w/ some dextrose post w/o should I cut some of the carbs from my solid post w/o meal because it’s going to be the last meal of the day before my bedtime protein shake. I’m going to go on a cut and I don’t want to have too many carbs so close to the time a go to sleep and the way I calculated my carb intake it would mean that I would be consuming almost half of my daily carb intake 2-3 hours prior to going to sleep.

My protocol will be something like this:
- 8.30 w/o
- 9.15 EAA Stack w/ dextrose
- 9.30 solid meal
- 11.30 bedtime shake (Proton 7 and maybe a half a scoop of casein)
- 12.00 sleep

Aggression
02-21-13, 8:59 am
Not eating carbs at night is one of those things that was considered 'bad' back in the day. But not so much anymore. For the last month, I've been trying to cut down a bit. So far, I've been able to drop about 8lbs. I ONLY eat my carbs at night, around training. Its working for me.

Here's what I've been doing

meal1; 10am - protein/fats
meal2; 2pm - protein/fats
meal3; 5pm - protein/fats
meal4; 6pm - preWO shake: 30g carbs
meal5; 7-8pm - intraWO: 50g carbs
meal6; 9pm - postWO meal; 40-60g carbs
meal7; 11pm - protein shake w/ 20-30g carbs

C.Coronato
02-21-13, 9:01 am
What are your goals? I personally am in contest prep and many times I have carbs post workout at 10pm before bed at midnight.

GUNS
02-21-13, 9:47 am
I think youll be fine! You said it, 2-3 hours pre-bed, plus its post workout. Your body will use the carbs like a champ due to both those two factors!

billmd1334
02-21-13, 10:45 am
Your body doesn't have a clock that decides "oh it's 9:00PM, these carbs will turn to fat" Does it fit your daily macros? If so, have the carbs anytime of the day.

awayoflife
02-22-13, 7:33 am
Not eating carbs at night is one of those things that was considered 'bad' back in the day. But not so much anymore. For the last month, I've been trying to cut down a bit. So far, I've been able to drop about 8lbs. I ONLY eat my carbs at night, around training. Its working for me.

Here's what I've been doing

meal1; 10am - protein/fats
meal2; 2pm - protein/fats
meal3; 5pm - protein/fats
meal4; 6pm - preWO shake: 30g carbs
meal5; 7-8pm - intraWO: 50g carbs
meal6; 9pm - postWO meal; 40-60g carbs
meal7; 11pm - protein shake w/ 20-30g carbs

Wow dude that sound brutal! What are your carb choices for each meal?

What are your goals? I personally am in contest prep and many times I have carbs post workout at 10pm before bed at midnight.

I want to cut and after that a maintenance phase, that’s why am getting a bit carb conscious.

I think youll be fine! You said it, 2-3 hours pre-bed, plus its post workout. Your body will use the carbs like a champ due to both those two factors!

Yeah, I just wanted to be sure.

Your body doesn't have a clock that decides "oh it's 9:00PM, these carbs will turn to fat" Does it fit your daily macros? If so, have the carbs anytime of the day.

Yes, they fit my macros perfectly.

Aggression
02-22-13, 8:48 am
Wow dude that sound brutal! What are your carb choices for each meal?

Right now its basmati rice, oatmeal, or white potatoes and then CarboPlus/Torrent for my workout-timed carbs.

blueIMlifter
02-22-13, 8:52 am
Like has been mentioned before...do not cut carbs JUST on account of it being late at night, if it's post workout it is absolutely CRITICAL to get in the intra and PWO carbs.

awayoflife
02-22-13, 9:01 am
Right now its basmati rice, oatmeal, or white potatoes and then CarboPlus/Torrent for my workout-timed carbs.

I understand. So I will probably use dextrose w/ my PWO aminos and oats w/ my PWO solid meal. Sounds good to you?

Aggression
02-22-13, 9:03 am
I understand. So I will probably use dextrose w/ my PWO aminos and oats w/ my PWO solid meal. Sounds good to you?

Don't see why not. Try it for a few weeks and see what happens.

awayoflife
02-22-13, 9:06 am
Don't see why not. Try it for a few weeks and see what happens.

Will do! Thanks for the advice bro!